Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mk1Mod0.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#599 8 years ago

Sigh.... Been wanting to put this in but put it off for sanity's sake. Screw it, maybe someone will learn something and avoid the embarrassment.

I have owned a Hakko 808 for almost a year now. I love it. I will never sell it. I cannot do board work without it. One day, it ceased to work. It had been intermittently weak for a few days but then it just quit altogether. After running the cleaning rod through for the thousandth time, I decided to look a little deeper. Watched some utube vids on how to clean the pumps. Easy day. Done and done. Damn thing still won't suck! As I roll it around in my hand for the hundredth time, I see that the screen behind the removable part that holds the old solder is very dirty. So I take a fresh cotton swab with a little 97% on it and go to scrub it. And it starts to disintegrate. And I realize that it's a filter. And I suddenly recall a little packet of four of them in the case I haven't looked in since I bought it. Took my tweezers and a pick and extracted the remainder of a VERY filthy and quite original paper/cotton filter. Put in a new one. Sun of a gun works like a champ now. The whole time as it got dirtier, the stupid filter looked for all the world like a little metal screen. See what I get for never looking in the manual?

5 months later
    #766 8 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Sometimes when I let the dog out at night, I also pee in the yard.

Drunken sailor's creed - I am man, the world is my urinal..

2 months later
    #831 8 years ago

When replacing light sockets, I'll take off the old solder with my Hakko 808 and then use it like a soldering gun to ground the new one.

1 year later
    #1091 6 years ago

So, since I have gone "pro" and am starting to show some decent sales, I figured the better tools were in order. I thought I would start with some .156 crimpers since those always seem to be the toughest for me to do well, especially when I do two wires at once. Spent over $350 for the best Molex has to offer. Decided they were the greatest crimpers ever, despite being a huge PITA to load a crimp into.
    IMG_9417 (resized).JPGIMG_9417 (resized).JPG

After a week or so and over 100 crimps I figured out that the crimp holder swiveled out.
    IMG_9419 (resized).JPGIMG_9419 (resized).JPG

"Directions are for idiots."

#1094 6 years ago

The tips of my fingers have thanked me plenty. The thought that another may benefit drives me. Isn't that what this is all about?

2 years later
    #1582 4 years ago

I've long since gotten over the fact that 99.9% of the pins on the "Project pins here, C/L, ebay, etc" will not be near me, but hope springs eternal! So when I see there are 35 new entries since I last visited I'm like "hell yah!" And then I see its just a bunch of pinheads having a discussion about this or that and I'm like "CRAP!" And then I join the discussion. Probably pissing off someone else who sees a bunch of new entries...

2 months later
    #1686 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have learned to never say 2 words around my girlfriend.

Got a song for you....

Yes, I am old. Get off my lawn!! LOL

4 months later
    #1989 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

I’m 53 and still have trouble spelling vacuum

Rhythm. Always a great word for "hangman" games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mk1Mod0.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=Mk1Mod0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.