Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dee-Bow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

255 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Dee-Bow. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1154 6 years ago

I shop for pins off piniders "collections" page. .

1 month later
    #1195 6 years ago

I break dog treats in half and pass them off as full treats to my dogs.. going to hell fo sho

#1200 6 years ago

I do crossword puzzles with pens

3 months later
    #1278 5 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

This is meant to be a confessional,a safe place to confess your sins not a place to be judged.

I hope you're kidding! The guy admitted to carelessly pouring a drink over a brand new pin. Iron Maiden LE none the less! I'd feel like a moron too and expect to be judged. Actually, I'd let the ball drain. That's a bloody shame. Pinside is NOT the place to go if you don't want to be judged!

#1280 5 years ago

Just saying that I'd feel frikkin horrible too man! (Damn humans!) And EXPECT my buds to give me a hard time about it!

2 months later
    #1383 5 years ago
    Quoted from cutlerkeith:

I hate pinball acronyms! Just spell the name out, why is everyone so lazy?

Those are called initials... not acronyms. THIS is an acronym

clit (resized).jpgclit (resized).jpg
    #1385 5 years ago

I must confess..Buzz has an awesome collection! (Nice pins sir!)

1 week later
    #1391 5 years ago
    pasted image 0 (resized).pngpasted image 0 (resized).png
    #1396 5 years ago

I only seem brilliant

1 month later
    #1406 5 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

I tell everyone when they come over if they beat my hstd on EBD they can have the game. They won't, and I wouldn't hand it over

I tell peeps if they beat my hstd they're not welcome back again!

1 week later
    #1413 5 years ago

Nice collection swampfire. What a deadly mix of pins!

3 months later
    #1435 5 years ago

Caucasian2Step's game reviews are the only ones I read.. even if it means scrolling through pages looking for a smiley dolphin !

4 months later
    #1556 4 years ago

you know what grinds my gears..People who mention new leg levelers as a selling feature when selling a pin

3 weeks later
    #1590 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

I have to return some VIDEO TAPES

This is the confessional... were you even alive in '87?

1 week later
    #1599 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Nahh, my parents were almost 30 in 1987 though haha. What about you?

Yup.

1 week later
    #1606 4 years ago

I find myself wondering if Mo is still one angry mofo..and i also wonder if he was higher than giraffe's nutsack the other day when he went off on that rant!

1 week later
    #1621 4 years ago

I like cake. My favorite is birthday.

#1625 4 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

I re-use paper plates.

well.. that help's explain why i don't own 46 pins yet.. time to change my ways!

1 month later
    #1682 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

I don’t know what I was thinking...
    I just ate an Impossible Burger™ from Burger King.
    Absolutely disgusting.

They're trying to make vegetables that taste like beef... but haven't cows been doing that for like forever already?

1 month later
    #1799 4 years ago

I don't understand why peeps sign their name at the bottom of a post like it's an official letter to the pope! We see your name at the top of the post already!

#1819 4 years ago

First world problems! Are we supposed to be excited for u?! Asking for a friend

#1829 4 years ago

Why do people respond to classified adds with, "wish i was closer"?! I wish for lot's of things.. but don't list them on people's for sale add's!

#1853 4 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

It drives me crazy when people are looking for recommendations and end their post with "And go!"
    What sayings drive you guys crazy? And go!

And Bob's your uncle

1 week later
    #1883 4 years ago

Well written series..I don't watch much tv but that show was great.. American version of Shameless is one to watch after breaking bad !!

#1886 4 years ago

Tz & ww?!

1 week later
    #1917 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

The last time I was in a confessional booth.. and only time, I was getting head from a cute blonde.

I've never heard anyone call an old priest a cute blonde before!!

1 month later
    #1991 4 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

I am looking forward to humanity self imploding so that I can finally shoot people.

Haha.. everyone is stocking up on toilet paper.. I'm thinking everyone should be buying bullets!

#2019 4 years ago

I don't know why peeps post high scores on their games.. everyone has the games set up different..slope, extra balls, #of balls, outlane settings,glass on or off all play a big roll on them scores..

1 week later
    #2107 4 years ago
    Quoted from RoyGBev:

Love early sold states but not Space Invaders. A slow version of Silverball Mania (itself largely lifted from Williams Miss-O though I like it) and the alien thing is such an obvious rip off of the creature in Alien.

I own a miss-o annnd a silver ball mania .. and I'd want a space invaders based on theme alone!

#2108 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I never understood why they call some cell phones a smart phone, when it seems to make people stupid. I have seen first hand people walking down a sidewalk not paying attention to anything else other than their phone, and take a nasty face hit on a stop sign at the end of the street.

right!! And why do they call it a smart car when u look like an idiot driving one?!

1 week later
    #2157 4 years ago

I check this thread in the a.m. to see how much jonnypinball was drinkin last nite

3 weeks later
    #2216 3 years ago
    images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    #2231 3 years ago

AND, I am trying to drink enough to be funny on here later, not sure if I will make it tonight, just not very thirsty.

C'mon.. that's never stopped you before

#2257 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I once picked a Bobby Orr Power Play to do a repair on it. I get it to the shop and take out the board to fix the battery damage. Found a bag of "stuff" tucked behind the board. He came by the shop and we asked about it. The game was his dads and the bag was his when he was a teenager. He guessed it had to be 20+ years old.

So, was it Booger sugar or hippy hay?!

#2260 3 years ago

don't sweat the petty things....
    Pet the sweaty things

1 week later
    #2271 3 years ago

No way in hell I'm going to read that one

1 week later
    #2306 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’d rather change 3 diapers than swap out targets in a Bally drop target bank. Those damned E-clips!

If you're filling you diaper 3 times during a target swap out on a pinball machine then i think you have a more serious issue than flakey parts!

1 month later
    #2366 3 years ago

I got talked out of selling my beautiful Gottlieb Totem to fund a very nice Stern Ali purchase I was pondering.. hmm, still kinda want a classic stern tho

1 month later
    #2409 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

When I use public restroom urinals, I have to use the short ones designed for kids because the tip of my junk dips in the water on the tall ones.

Ahh! Well there's your problem...don't think you're supposed to sit down on those

#2423 3 years ago

I'm bobinski dammit

#2424 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200417-163116_GroupMe (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200417-163116_GroupMe (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #2704 3 years ago

When there's chicken in the corn... the corn don't grow

1 week later
    #2737 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I confess, last week I came home early after a dental appointment that went faster than expected. I was just going to take the rest of the day off to relax. One of my daughters was home sick (didn't look sick while watching her favorite show). My daughter said my wife will be home in 30 minutes (thought she would be working longer). I immediately ordered Chinese online, picked it up, and went back to work for 2 hrs.

she sounds lovely!

3 months later
    #3035 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Me neither. Here's one. I have no idea what it is.
    [quoted image]

it's a sailboat

#3055 3 years ago

well if you want keep your word you could always sell the pro and get another LE

#3058 3 years ago

did u pick up the zombie themed new-ish pitch& bat?!

3 weeks later
    #3170 3 years ago

I confess I don't really believe in ghosts. or talking to the dead. or dead relatives making hallway lights flash or dishes break. carry on tho!

#3208 3 years ago

mice & rats lovers reply in 3....2....1.....(kidding)

#3212 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'd never feed live rats to my companions (not pets). They might hurt the snakes.

imo, that's part of the fun! annd, it's only fair. I used to crank up the motorhead, grab a beer and watch the show. although I just had a California King snake..he could take 2-3 live mice down every month or so! his name was Rodney..yea, Rodney King. Bit me once and I gave him away. ironically, a few months later I moved in with my buddy who took him!

#3214 3 years ago

ya..in hindsight..not the proper way to feed a pet.. my fault my thumb looked like a delicious lil mouse! I believe they don't sell live mice as feeders anymore.. they freeze them alive! lil pinkies too. I assume the adult rats and mice are froze so they don't hurt the snake. I'm lame now and only have self sufficient pets.. cats!

#3222 3 years ago

I hope your gal has a speedy recovery Johnny

1 week later
    #3257 3 years ago

Elvira... giddy up a boom bop a boom bop a bow wow

3 months later
    #3711 2 years ago

I confess I didn't know what natty's were before Johnny and smiled ear to ear when I seen natty lites on the shelf at the liquor store today!

#3744 2 years ago

I confess that it's awesome to have some old school pinheads like LTG around and keep the history and tradition of location pinball alive! Love the quick read stories!

2 weeks later
    #3846 2 years ago

And yeah since then, a new small bucket list, mainly a trip to LTG's game room, and figuring Silver Dollar City on the way, and maybe Six Flags Chicago on the way back. (I have been to those amusement parks, and they are worth going to again so that she can experience them). .

I confess that a trip to LTG's game room is on my bucket list as well .. only 750 miles and a locked border away.. but hopefully someday soon. Going to be checking to see when the cowboys are on the road against the vikings next! Hopefully next season as this year will most likely not happen!

#3860 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that i've never stuck a Barbie or GI Joe on a playfield.

Where do u stick 'em?!

1 week later
    #3971 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

My wife won’t let me get Ghostbusters because I can’t promise to turn the random scream setting off if we got it.

It definitely turns off.. we had to turn it off for our kid friendly tournament location! Learnt the hard way!

1 week later
    #4063 2 years ago

Waylon Jennings- Honky Tonk Heroes

3 weeks later
    #4277 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My opponent thought it was part of sledging to kick me with his steel cap.
    Didn't realize the result of kicking a thin skinned diabetic and couldn't apologise enough while kneeling on the floor trying to staunch the blood.

I don't think apologies would be enough for me.. I'd definitely tell him to beat it for a few events as well. Dayumm! Grown men can't be booting each other with steel toed boots because they lost a game of pinball! He feels like an idiot because he is infact an idiot! * edit- Is sledging something to do with pinball or something else?!

1 month later
    #4633 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Counting out the spaces in my lineup yesterday after selling a couple more machines to make sure i have room for the incoming machines. I realized i had 26 spaces for machines when i always thought my limit was 25.
    Ace bonus.

I confess i dont even know what you do in that warehouse... but wondering if you're hiring in the near future!

#4663 2 years ago

Ya.. the first one hurts the most

#4710 2 years ago

You should try frisbee golf! Great sport. Everyone can play, don't need $2000 clubs, a collared shirt & country club membership.

#4713 2 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

Just don't put them in the fire!!

That probably applies to most things you dont want destroyed.. especially your balls tho

#4732 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is smoking MJ required

yup, beers too

Screenshot_20210520-191240_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210520-191240_Instagram (resized).jpg
    #4735 2 years ago

Oark! I confess i really wanna play a stranger things.. and i didn't like the show

#4753 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:Confess that i refused entry to a Cheezel/Cheeto bearing player this Sunday gone.
    Guy i've only met twice turned up for comp, bearing a large clear plastic bowl full of the fuckers. There were half a dozen of us standing near the door and he looked all proud as he said 'I brought these'.
    Sorry mate, you can't bring them in here, says I.
    He looked all confused and i had to tell him to put them back in the car a couple times, he put them outside the door.
    Twisties are the main culprit, but any yellow or orange cheese or cheezy snacks are banned here.
    I can't quite throw people out for corn chips, but i'd like to.
    Despicable snacks, absolutely disgusting.

And they always turn my weiner orange

#4755 2 years ago

I confess i didn't know a rollmop is a piece of pickled herring wrapped around a pickle or other savory filling

1 week later
    #4856 2 years ago

My favorite cake is birthday

1 week later
    #5006 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I reached one of the hourly Pinside posting limits just now. I wonder what the daily limit is. I don't think I will get there. I wonder how close JohnnyPinball007 has gotten to the post character limit.

You're killing me in the funny captions thread! They're all so damn good!

#5009 2 years ago

I confess that i usually scroll down to see the size of Johnny's posts.. i still read them, just like to know what I'm getting myself in to!

#5025 2 years ago

That's lazy!

#5046 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

2 confessions.
    I broke my no selfie rule, and it's been quite a few years since i woke up stuck to the pillow.
    [quoted image]

WTFAAAAK happened dude?! Either she was married, neighbors formed a posse and had enough, or you have one helluva make up artist for a friend and it's for Halloween.. u aight?! Looks like someone was punting the punkin

1 week later
    #5130 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

And I enjoy listening to hootie n the blowfish

What is your damage son!?

#5143 2 years ago

I don't change mine ever!

#5211 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I just started watching a 4th 90s movie all of which had a pinball made after them.

I'll start.. Johnny mnemonic?!

#5226 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Other than using a quarter for releasing grocery carts at Aldi's, I don't think I've actually handled loose change in about 3 years or so. The last time may have been when I got dollar coins back from a soda machine.

Location pinball?

#5250 2 years ago

How could a cereal be so bad that adding two scoops of raisins somehow makes it better?!

#5339 2 years ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Confess, back in the day, I used to work in Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips.

I feel that this is only the introduction and not the actual confession.. now tell us, what did u do to the fish?!

download.jpeg (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #5357 2 years ago

I confess i was talking about the longevity of my old Sony TV. Woke up to it not working the other day! I went on marketplace to quickly find a cheap replacement. Found one for $100 & it has a better picture! Now to get it up on the wall

16381212507285286989186926304266 (resized).jpg16381212507285286989186926304266 (resized).jpg
    #5364 2 years ago

TV's are needed where i live for days when you open the door to go to work in the morning and see this

20211117_175209 (resized).jpg20211117_175209 (resized).jpg
    #5411 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I confess I really want to sell 2 of my games, but my wife really likes them both and will be mad. She doesn't play, just likes to see them turned on.
    The 3 I like, she could care less if I sell them.

I confess to checking your collection after reading this!

#5418 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i don't know the procedure for adding a game to the pinside list. Not even who to ask about it.
    I'm in the process of purchasing a Sunset Riders machine. Its a retheme of a bally Eight Ball. EPIC pinball made a few of them and they are stunning. They are listed on ipdb and i wanted to add it to my collection here but it's not on pinside list.
    https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=sunset&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#6304

If the mediaters don't settle it i betcha a moderator could give it a go.. that is a frikkin beautiful pinball machine dude! Looks deadly! Do you know what color yours is?!

#5431 2 years ago

I confess i already added Sunset-Riders to my wishlist..dare to dream!

#5462 2 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

I confess this is my first post in this thread, and the only reason I found it was I was "stalking" my secret santee

I confess i will probably get a lump of coal if my secret santa reads all of my posts!

#5495 2 years ago

What part of Canada are these guys from.... it's colour, not color! Sheesh

#5497 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

lol I'm aware of the spelling just adjust to the American spelling when posting ...
    but to make you happy ...
    Ordering a ColourDMD for my new game !

I was only kidding..i do it too as to not confuse out neighbors!

2 weeks later
    #5670 2 years ago
    287adfa4626e6a1bda5c73844eea4065--raver-girl-neon-glow (resized).jpg287adfa4626e6a1bda5c73844eea4065--raver-girl-neon-glow (resized).jpg
    #5677 2 years ago

I confess the Rush pinball looks awesome.. i didn't want to like it.. but dayum!

#5745 2 years ago

not trying to pour salt over a wound..but i'm just wondering how many natty lites $200 would get ya!

#5754 2 years ago

Don't get your manginas in a bunch

#5760 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I know the time daily to hit the local Walmart when the lady reduces the whole cooked chickens to $3.50
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c92f901fd868d1f81fc77497d86df93fac6962d9-1641781862-1800"};
    //]]>

I just bring the $5/off sticker with me from last time i was there!

#5762 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Makes you wonder who buys the $2000 toppers.

Probably the same people that sell LE's with less than 40 plays

1 month later
    #6012 2 years ago

I confess the world could use a few more Johnny's out there helping each other out.

#6015 2 years ago

It's Sunday over here punkin.. also, just play something (ac/dc perhaps) louder..problem solved

1 week later
    #6086 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

. It's cold and windy in MN so what else to do.

Do what any sane personi n MN would do...head to LTG's location & play some pinball !

1 week later
    #6198 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

We sometimes use a concept for small group play called the Physical Challenge.
    The player who names the challenge goes first.
    It may be something simple like standing on one leg, it may be something that needs the other players adjudicating like walk on the spot or dance.
    One of my favourites (cause i practice when i'm stoned) is to play while kneeling in front of the machine.
    Your hands sit wrapped around the front of the machine instead of on the lockdown bar and the perspective you get is so incredibly different that it takes a couple of balls to be able to deal with the ball rolling right at your face.
    pretty cool way to play pinnie.

Not to be a snowflake..but we had a dude in a wheelchair show up to the tourney today.. couldn't imagine explaining him the rules to your Physical Challenge Challenge.

#6201 2 years ago

I recently took in a lil cat from a rescue as it needed a new home.. well, turns out she's a mute. Doesn't even meow or make any sound.. annnd she plays fetch when you throw her toy mouse down the hallway! Haha

1 week later
    #6397 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:Confess I do not want chili again for a very long time, if ever. Not feeling well today.

close-up-man-sitting-toilet-using-laptop-close-up-man-sitting-toilet-using-laptop-127670668 (resized).jpgclose-up-man-sitting-toilet-using-laptop-close-up-man-sitting-toilet-using-laptop-127670668 (resized).jpg
    #6406 2 years ago

Covers are the worst forms of all music (most anywiss- there are a few doozies!)

Especially pop songs played as metal! (The wooorst!)

#6408 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Toxic by Brittany Spears makes me cringe however I absolutely love Harm N Ease's cover.
    Harm N Ease cover of Bad Guy is pretty cool also

Every year we head up north fishing for may long weekend and our buddy controls the tunes on the way up. One can only handle so much Avril Lavigne sung by the cookie monster over death metal shredding riffs!

#6411 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Must be hard to see what's going on in the world around all the walls you put up.
    All Mozart's and Beethoven's music died with them in your world.
    What if it's a cover of a song you've never heard before? How would you know it's absolute shit then?

Relax pumpkin.. jimi hendrix did a good cover of all along the watchtower.. there, will that help ya sleep!

#6412 2 years ago

Want another one.. i hate punk rock! Like, almost all of it! Ramones and clash are cool- the rest suck

#6416 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Metallica did Turn the Page better than Bob Seger.
    (One of the few thing I don’t agree with with my coworker)

They butchered whiskey in the jar-o tho!
    Haha..johnny has me smiling! And i wanna hear jay sing some karaoke now.. and since it's confession, i just smoked this fatty full of bubble hash!
    Resized_20220313_213133 (resized).jpegResized_20220313_213133 (resized).jpeg

#6417 2 years ago

Ok, I've never heard a cover of Into the void by sabbath that i don't mind! Kyuss, monster magnet, warhorse all do it well!

#6422 2 years ago

Confess I just remembered that one of my all-time favorite songs is a cover, I guess.
    For You, the Mannfred Mann Earth Band version.
    The Greg Kihn Band version was not bad either.
    Bruce was a great songwriter, some songs he just did not sing well.

Atlantic City is ok by Bruce... but the Band made it their own to me! I love that song dammit.. am i a closet cover lover?! & GG allin does a great version of Carmalita while sitting on the toilet!

#6423 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

get outta here with the rest suck comment .
    that covers way to much .
    wrong about punk bands and You are wrong also about covers..
    I like both the Original and the Cover of Big Five (1970) Prince Buster and From The Anti Nowhere League and allot of their own stuff as well as other Punk bands i will Keep to myself but this needed to be heard/ It's gunna be P^&%$$ VS Co^%^$ Tonight !!
    https://secondhandsongs.com/performance/592020

But i like the Cover of it Better . Hope you agree ! That song is dedicated to you

Big Five sounded good! A good friend of mine is a punk and always lessons me on it being great music as well! I like the ska influence in there! & i see its co-wrritten by Tony Joe White.. i have his albums. Elvis made his song polk salad annie a hit! And i like elvis.. so i guess i don't hate covers.. just the ones i find weak! Thanks for the help thru this confession!

#6424 2 years ago

Last one.. i confess i didn't make it thru that doobie.. sh'got me tho!

16473094348546055853870030473085 (resized).jpg16473094348546055853870030473085 (resized).jpg
    #6428 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Sorry Dee-Bow but have to agree with little Johnny on this one too.

It's not a thin lizzy song either way! It's old as faaak! It's an old iriah folk song.. Dubliners were first to start singing it..they also didn't write it tho

#6453 2 years ago

Moderators are not robots..they're actually participating in the threads and don't need to be told when to moderate a post. Seems so simple man.. no one cares about your shitty post. It was lame and exhausted the whole subject.

#6454 2 years ago

Meanwhile we've all been ignoring Johnny's health! Hope you're feeling better J !

TummyAche_MockUpdetail_2048x (resized).pngTummyAche_MockUpdetail_2048x (resized).png
    #6467 2 years ago

What does LGBTQ even mean? I keep asking everyone and can't get a straight answer

#6469 2 years ago

wait for it

#6485 2 years ago

As delicious as they are. I try to avoid eating octopus. They're just too damn frikkin smart and amazing! So freaky.. but in a good way.

#6556 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Sorry folks! I treated it like it was an actual confessional! I confess I was pretty drunk! Not feeling well today!

Ya. The casino fraud stories were a lil surprising.. i mean, the trouser snake stories were pretty good too but dunno if they're as serious of repercussions with that. Please don't ever confess you're never drinking again! Good stuff!

#6557 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

That’s cheap. I’ve heard some guys pay $300,000 to $400,000 minimum and then have to move back in with their parents.

A ring don't block a hole.. that would be foolish to spend that much! You could buy so many pins with that money!

#6615 2 years ago

I don't believe in astrology. Us Leo's are born skeptics.

#6637 2 years ago

I don't really like cocaine. I just like how it smells.

#6643 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I lost a year again. My mum just rang me and said happy 58th.
    I said, no i'm 57, she said do the maths, son.
    Fuck.
    I hit my late 50's today. I'm an old man instead of a young retiree.

ill save the other thread! I also argue/forget how old i am tho.. hate doing the math!

#6653 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

One of the the things that stands out to me when we met that you were 2 years older then me and Jamie was 2 years younger then me. When I moved to Edmonton the previous owners moved 4 houses over. 5 kids and all separated by 2 years. My wife is a child of 8 all separated by 2 years

Ya.. i get told i look younger than i am a lot. My daughter is 27 and people usually don't believe me that it's my kid! Most old guys go to give me a high five til i explain she's my kin!

#6656 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Also a good song. Dead South maybe?

Nice! They're local boys to me ..so i should of known that.. i confess i don't remember song titles worth a shit! Im horrible for referring to songs by their number in appearance order. One of my favorite bands Karma To Burn give all their songs random numbers for titles! Perfect

16483203981176746640298874822232 (resized).jpg16483203981176746640298874822232 (resized).jpg
    #6667 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Dunno who that person is, but it's always the right time to do the wrong thing.

The former drummer for Alanis Morrisette.

#6685 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’m so tired from work today I didn’t even have the energy to upvote all the funnies from today. I got a few. I’ll do better next time.

The meme thread is awesome tonight too.. Jeffy was even killing it! Needed a good laugh today! I'll upvote them for ya EJS..kick them feet up and relax!

1 week later
    #6756 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

no capitals, snaKE IN ONE HAND.

Hopefully not a trouser snake

1 week later
    #6847 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I got into Nascar as a hangover fix in high school. Jeff Gordon was a rookie when I started watching so he's my guy. Used to love watching Daytona, Talladega, etc. Confess, haven't watched a race in at least 3 years. Also Confess, I really liked the Kevin James Nascar show on Netflix. Bummed they ended it so quick

Nascar is great to watch..you have to pick a driver or team tho, and watch the whole race. I'm on team Hendrick Motorsports (Jeff Gordon is a part owner of the team now!) Favorite driver is ALEX BOWMAN #48 -mostly because he's a Bowman! We are not of relation tho.

#6859 2 years ago
    Quoted from cysnake:

I hate pin gulps, even the name "pin gulp" makes me want to vomit. I also cant stand the word "man cave" I dont tilt or nudge any of my pins, the ball goes where it wants to. I have flipped off my pins and told them to go to hell when i get a bad ball. I also have a very unhealthy obsession with the condition of my pins (and arcade games), they have to look brand new or it drives me nuts. I have spent way more money restoring a pin or game than what its worth.

If u ain't tilting... u ain't trying

#6893 2 years ago

I confess to watching chiropractors on YouTube. If you've never seen a "ring dinger" by dr. Gregory Johnson of your Houston chiropractic clinic.. i suggest you check it out! Crack attics love it!

#6903 2 years ago

Ok..mint in gravy is frikkin atrocious! Mint itself is kinda weird! But I've heard of cinnamon or maybe nutmeg in gravy.. Never mint tho. But that's not my confession! I confess i once stuffed paper towel in the outlanes of my Roadshow to advance in the game!

#6932 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’m somehow on the the mod’s radar, and I really don’t come here to stir things up. I drain threads and block people when I get too wrapped up in something, I though this was what Pinside wanted us to do. Confess I understand why people disappear for years at a time, and maybe it’s just that time for me.

The mods are just pinsiders with a lil more power. I wouldn't doubt if the one that's always moderating you is doing the exact thing your against. People who put try to flip their LE's or deposits (look at that Ultraman! He lost a few thousand $$!) or newbies trying to explain how things work on here to the people that have been around for years and years baffles me as well. I'm horrible at just biting my tongue and need to work on that as well. I keep thinking i should step away and only use pinside for help from people like you and LTG.

#6933 2 years ago

Thumbs up this post if you looked at Pinzrfun's collection after reading his last post.

* I played a beautiful EBD last nite for the first time. Good times! (A lil too much english on that one!)

#6953 2 years ago

Years ago I was at a party at a tattoo shop and a dude hands me a cd case.. i wasn't sure why he handed me it and couldn't tell what band it was because the case was covered in a pile of dust.. i shake the pile off to see the band name but the look of horror from everyone standing around me said i may have wasted the party favors and dumped his coke on the floor! Haha.. ooops! stick to weed kids! Haha

#6973 2 years ago

I confess i wish i was having whatever DK is having tonight! Enjoy your vacation sir!

#6977 2 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:Yes she's all good until her teeth pop out! What do you do after that. [quoted image]

Ohhh, i can think of one idea

#6982 2 years ago

Those ancestry kits are interesting! My kid did the dna kit and it shows me and her mother so i dont have to buy a kit! I thought i was only german and Ukrainian..I didn’t know i was Scottish, yet my beard is red! Kind of a hint there! I'm 20% Germanic Europe, 14% eastern Europe & Russiian, 13% Scottish, and 3% Swedish/Danish!

#7000 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Confess the whole family has done the DNA test. It is interesting to see how much of your particular ancestor was passed down - 30% German doesn't necessarily mean 15% to each kid. I am mostly Czech/Polish Eastern European with healthy amounts of German, English, and Scottish and a little Swedish. My wife is mostly Scandinavian, the kids got more of the Scandinavian (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish). The important part, however the tests confirmed me as their father

Yep...never a good thing if it came back that the kids were 15% milkman & 15% neighbor...

#7084 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm eating a curry pie with a white shirt on. Cause that's just how i roll.

You might wanna ask her to take it off.. looks fancy

380336ca35e57d51b9b6baf493bc4518--indian-princess-fashion-women (resized).jpg380336ca35e57d51b9b6baf493bc4518--indian-princess-fashion-women (resized).jpg
    #7087 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

pretty poor taste, i usually think you're funny.

THAT offends you ?!

2 weeks later
    #7221 1 year ago

I confess i find it amusing when TD's & route owner's refer to local pinheads as 'theirs' !

#7223 1 year ago

Lots of people say it.. it's all good and if it's the worst thing you do today..well then I'd say you're doing it right my friend! Honestly, I'm sure your local pinheads are pretty fakkin grateful to you & your hospitality! You do it up right ..down there!

#7226 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Thought i'd fess up. you owed me one.
    You got me thinking too. Was planning on picking a fight with my best mate today over an unpaid debt.
    Maybe i should leave that, but it's bothering me.

Tell him it's bugging you before you tell everyone else he's a welch! It will give him time to pretend he totally forgot and scrounge up your money! Not worth you feeling pissed off at your mate..gotta tell him to pay up!

#7243 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I used the anti fog from my SCUBA mask. It works amazing!

Oops, I thought u were just supposed to spit on your mask!

#7247 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I find Canadian geese look way cooler than the average goose.

Walk up to one and tell them how you feel! they are freaks and will come at ya like a spider-monkey!

#7270 1 year ago

The young guy in my basement suite uses it to have slurpees from 7-11 delivered! McDonald's breakfast a couple time a week as well. Also, a friend & his wife had dairy queen treats delivered one evening when their son forgot to switch the address to his girlfriend's dads house! I wish i had random ice cream treats at my door! Dare to dream!

#7310 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I drink 3.5% mid strength nowadays, so 1 standard.
    It was 6 or 7 years ago i stepped down from IPA's and Pale ales at 5% plus.
    Alcohol is the opposite to, say heroin, where your tolerance goes down instead of up as you get further into your addiction.

I'm off the ipa's and ales too.. just drink the cheapest cold beer available now. fuk! does this mean I'm getting old?! Dammit

#7349 1 year ago

I cannot tell a lie. It was my septic tank

2 weeks later
    #7663 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

And access to hockey

Only until April for your team tho

1 week later
    #7817 1 year ago

I confess when i see dub reggae..i think of punkin. Snuck this pic from our local record stores Instagram!

Screenshot_20220624-184009_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220624-184009_Instagram (resized).jpg
    #7818 1 year ago

I also confess i built those shelves in his record shop!

2 weeks later
    #8042 1 year ago

I confess i think people who list the newest pinballs for sale with under 200 plays spend more time proof reading their elaborate adds that list all the "add ons" with descriptions of how much it adds to the game than they do playing pinball. They get their thrill by owning something that someone else actually wants but are having trouble obtaining.. (LE's for example) pissing matches with their pocket books!

I'm just having a laugh at all the repetitive adds on fb marketplace this morning!

#8132 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

They had a video for Dan Diddle A Na. Watched it the other day on YouTube. The bass player was Corb Lund who's a popular country/folk artist now.

We'd visit family in Vancouver every summer and always jealous of my cousin telling me about all the great shows he saw.

D.O.A. is from Vancouver area! Always loved the smalls. I think they claimed to be from Taber Alberta , but accepted the Edmonton label after. I still spin there double album from the reunion tour.

*Also, No means No is so damn gud!

#8159 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

My pinsider bro twilight1 bought a piece of land between Saskatoon and Regina. Think it was 30k with a house, 9 lots and outbuildings. He sold his collection to buy it.

Recently? He only needs to sell 3 or so pins for that much!

1 week later
    #8261 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I confess I'm really bummed about not attending yegpin this year. There's so many games I'd like to try. Still haven't played a new game since JP.
    I feel like the kid who didn't get invited to the party and has to hear about it Monday at school.

Sounds like we are gonna miss a gooood time this year! See ya there next year! Too bad it's not in May still!

#8262 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess to a strange Morning Mystery today.
    I woke up with a broken index finger. Swollen and sore.
    I have no idea how it happened.

sounds like you got kicked in the ass or punched in the nose

1 week later
    #8350 1 year ago
    download.jpeg-1 (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
    #8359 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I have no plans to leave. If anything I’ll just slow down someday, not sure when, then I’ll be less noticeable and then I could just slip out the back and nobody will ever notice. I’m cool with that.

I've never had the ability to be unnoticeable..

#8381 1 year ago

Confess I like all the animal noises, feels like I am living in the country now.
    My girlfriend hates it. Her birthday is coming up, I am thinking of buying her some ear plugs as a gag gift

I think a lil lamb or a baby goat would be a MUCH funnier gag! She wouldn't what the hell to do! (Never take my advice!)

#8384 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I feel like Carl in Caddyshack the past few days. We have a gopher that's made our backyard his home. I borrowed a neighbors BB gun but need bigger shells. I hit him in the belly and head 2 days ago but he laughed at it. Other neighbor set traps in his yard. Time to get this little fukr
    [quoted image]

Make a snare with small wire! Put the loop near the hole and wrap the other end around a stake in the lawn so it can't retreat down the hole

#8558 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:Hey northerndude. Saw you just went to a classic rock festival down in Minnesota. See rock the river in Saskatoon? Wife and I are thinking about heading down Saturday. Probably end up at Black Cat Tavern on Broadway or Sports on Tap afterwards playing @rancheros pins and drinking beers all night
    [quoted image]

ROCKIN THE FIELDS is in Minnedosa Manitoba!

#8567 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Dude, yup go see Nazareth, new singer has some great pipes, worth it. They killed it in Minnedosa.

Years & years ago i seen CCR (minus John Fogerty) there! That field is a complete shitshow! But in a good way. Lots of great memories from that weekend!

#8569 1 year ago

I was there also, CC-R"evisited". in 2000
    And seriously right when it came to "have you ever seen the rain" the sky absolutely opened and fuckin poured on us!

I was gonna type in re-visiteeeed!

#8617 1 year ago

We hired a local dude to design our teams bowling shirts.. he nailed it!

Screenshot_20190930-200211_Instagram_resized (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190930-200211_Instagram_resized (resized).jpg

Yes, we're the Bowl-ers

1 week later
    #8696 1 year ago

I confess i don't know what bowl lessons are and the following post confused me even more!

#8702 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Google could probs help with that knowledge gap.
    But which post is following, yours is the last one? Unless you knew my response would confuse you? In that case, good knewing.

Lawn bowling lessons?

#8711 1 year ago
    images.jpeg-9 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-9 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #9035 1 year ago

Flip flops and work gloves for the win!

#9059 1 year ago

Awesome pics! You've had quite a few of the who's who walk them doors! Even a barenaked lady! But you won me over with the cheese sauce pump picture! Haha, thanks for sharing!!

** Mr. Goooose!**

#9087 1 year ago

I hate being so indecisive.... on second thought, it's not so bad.

#9111 1 year ago

What about almond milk?! Never would have guessed that almonds had nipples!

#9131 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I did get 20 minutes of sleep already but my damn health issues are acting up again. Just as long as I’m not awake for 4 days straight like last time.

I confess that of any ailments I've ever had..insomnia has luckily never been one of the consequences. I can usually lay down and be sleeping relatively quickly! I think im lucky in that dept.

#9136 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I fall asleep at night fine. It's when I get up for a leak at 3 or 4 in the morning that I can't get back to sleep. Mind starts working and repeating a song. After a hour or so I usually get fed up and take a rip off the pipe.

We gotta know... what song!?! Im guessing eye of the tiger !

#9170 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thought of one for JohnnyPinball007 The dogs playing cards and shooting pool pictures reminded me of it.
    40~ years ago I had the set of five dogs shooting pool pictures hanging on the walls in my business.
    One night the one labeled, "The Hustler", disappeared.
    A few months go by and a customer told me he saw it hanging on the wall in a young guys house. So I got the name and called. A man answered, he was a famous wrestler on TV in these parts.
    I asked him if his son had the dog shooting pool picture, the hustler, hanging on his wall. He asked why ? I explained that it was stolen from my business.
    About a half hour later a car stopped out front. The kid came in and gave me the picture back and apologized. And I hung it back up.
    LTG : )

I was hoping you threw him into a cross-faced chicken wing or something! Maybe his old man whooped his ass afterwards tho!

#9235 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'd move house to get away from that. Fuck, i'd move states.

Provinces..not states!

#9240 1 year ago

No crazy eyed dog there to avoid either! Cheers brotha!!

#9293 1 year ago

Is that one of them dub-reggae dance remixes you listen to?!

#9297 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i sometimes sing songs just to plant them in other peoples heads.
    Robin Hood, Robin Hood
    Riding through the glen
    Robin Hood, Robin Hood
    With his merry men
    Take from the rich
    Give to the poor
    Robin Hood, Robin Hood

Damn u!!!

#9338 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The only thing worse than knowing you have to get up for a crap in the middle of the night is not knowing you have to get up for a crap in the middle of the night.

I'd have to think the only thing worse would be having to change the sheets after! u guys are way too open about this subject!

#9343 1 year ago

We are expecting the first snow fall of the season tonight. faak!

#9420 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Also speaking of H.R. Giger, fun memory of Dee-Bow whipping off his shirt in my dining room, showing off his Giger tat when I first met him. My bro has a couple Giger tats on his forearm.

Meeeee?! True story.. i sold a Johnny Mnemonic pin to help fund my tattoo addiction..that pin was originally purchased from..... dirk diggler! 5 hour drive each way!

16668939861107750289807138870356 (resized).jpg16668939861107750289807138870356 (resized).jpg
    And one on the other side...

20210103_133313 (resized).png20210103_133313 (resized).png
    #9468 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

No worries just get blood pressure medicine to counter balance . Perindo something is my go to.

Or just be a man and switch to lite beer for a few weeks! (kidding)

#9523 1 year ago

Yes, but that was not a bite.
    I ended up going to doctors around 20 times though for the cat scratch.

Did u get the fever!?

#9547 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

My wife is terrified of snakes, seeing them in-person or even on video. She has to cover her eyes during the snake scenes in Indiana Jones when we watch it together. I asked her about it one time, I think the phobia started when she was forced to touch a snake at a zoo as a child. Can't recall from the story if the snake was alive or not.

There was kid in high school with that phobia.. even just hissing near him made him jump! ( yea, we tormented him for the remainder of high school after we found out )

#9568 1 year ago

I went to the doctor about my drinking and he did some tests.. went back & he said i have some good news and some bad news. I said, what's the bad news? He said you near terminal liver failure and probably gonna die.. yikes! So i asked, whats the good news?! He said, "see my hot new secretary out there?? I'm bangin' her!"

#9570 1 year ago

I confess..when i see a yellow little johhny avatar ..i almost always thumbs up instantly! Unless i got lots to scroll thru! Love your attitude and energy johnny! Love your stories.. especially the holidays from the cabin on water where u can fish out the front door!

Quoted from RyanStl:

I have to confess that joke sucked. Also, you take too much shit from the GWJ thread just because you hate seeing a guy get beat up by micro-managing assholes that have no money to lose anyway.

That was a bad joke.Came back to say that! The other thread i feel like they're all at the special Olympics calling him a 'tard. Nothing to do with the micro managing.. he doesn't listen anyways! He messages in private and is definitely an interesting guy. Really nice tho and don't need the abuse he gets! I hate bullies and stand up for guys getting it! At work or anywhere. .I may be pinside& vodka'ing right now... wish they were nicer to that old boy. He's just trying to enjoy himself..i wish i could shut up in there tho. Vodka and o.j. for the record..lots of ice

#9586 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm going to try and quit drinking colas/pop. I think it's going to be really hard. After a few beers I always crave a rye and coke or vodka and coke. I think I crave the sugar as I don't consume many if any sugars thruout the day. Going to switch to vodka and orange juice or cranberry/pomegranate as my drink of choice. Still get the sugar but natural instead of artificial. Confess I'm really going to miss rye and coke.

I read somewhere that vodka and oj with lots of ice is aight!

#9589 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I thought of all you SK guys when I was working in the front yard today. It was 80F (27C) and the sun was beating down on me.

That's outside my door today AFTER i kicked out a path to my driveway . Had to get to the pub for a tourney today.. i guess it's time to fire up the snowblower tomorrow dammit!

16678018496498623147837171461945 (resized).jpg16678018496498623147837171461945 (resized).jpg

* the older i get the more i question my decision to live in this climate..getting pretty annoyed of 5 months of this bulllshit lately!

1 week later
    #9678 1 year ago

Rest up Punkin.. dayumm dude. Wishing you a speedy recovery

#9712 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

That is a great confessional!

I cant un-see the tiny cat shower now..

#9734 1 year ago

Do you believe in miracles? I confess i now do. I'm sitting at home watching some basketball and a skip the dishes guy (food delivery service) brought me someone else's double mozza burger & onion rings from A&W.. amazing!

#9769 1 year ago

On a tear right now. Went to see Simple Plan and The Offspring on Saturday night and tomorrow i'm heading into city to see The Headstones. I wore out my "Teeth and Tissue" Headstones cassette in my car in '95, really pumped to see them in a small venue

My buddy is on the Canadian Tour with the Headstones. He's the drummer with the ArcanaKings and tells me its been a blast so far. Have fun, should be a deadly show!

#9783 1 year ago

I miss my old Nokia's ring tone.. it was a truck driver talking on a cb.... "breaker breaker pavement shaker, pull back the hammer for the picture taker"

#9827 1 year ago

Stay warm and enjoy them darts! I came here to confess that one of sparky's shoes broke off and wedged under the metal bracket right beside it. The confession is that i noticed it over a month ago but it hasn’t moved and i never bothered to fix it yet! It's out on location and still earning money!
    *yes, it's the custom sparky in my avatar. Stern should have made the feet a separate piece.

#9841 1 year ago

Me too.. and i didn't even have to click that link. No thanks!

#9857 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I love that pinball is one of those sports where it doesn't matter whether you are big or little, girl or boy.
    Young Brendan won his second open comp here yesterday finishing top in a field of seven. He's 9 or 10. His little sister gave it a great shake too, standing on a stool and everything.
    Since they've got two machines at home now they are learning so quick. Brendan was moving Judge Dredd around more than even i do, no-one told him it was too heavy for him to move. After all, they're all to heavy for him to move.....
    [quoted image]

You can get rubber pads that fit under the legs. They're not supposed to physically move around when nudging.. i hate touching knuckles of the person playing next to me after a pin has slid over.. can't risk moving it back during the round as it will tilt someone's ball.

#9860 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

They are on carpet.
    Sliding the machine is a skill, and they certainly are supposed to physically move. That's why they put the debounce setting in there.
    It's harder to move them on carpet, but very doable when needed.
    I don't usually bother except in comp or a great ball at other times.

I don't think the debounce setting is intended for sliding the machine. I also dont think there is no way a game is intended to be slid around. It's abusive to the machine and kinda dangerous (they're close to 300 lbs)! Nudging is definitely a skillset, not sure about sliding! Death saves are usually banned in most tournaments and ifpa has a rule against it. This is straight from ifpa website:

6. Death Saves, Bangbacks, etc

Techniques known as “Death Saves” and “Bangbacks” are sometimes practiced by certain advanced players. Because the effectiveness of these techniques varies from machine to machine, and because of the risk of injury to either player or machine, these are banned from tournament play. In the event that a drained ball bounces back into play without deliberate or significant player action, the ball may be played. This may require a ruling from tournament officials if there appears to be abusive force employed by the player.

#9863 1 year ago

Is a slide save and a bangback not the exact same thing?

#9868 1 year ago

What is the difference? I assumed it was when you slid the machine after draining to bang the ball off the apron and back into play

#9870 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Ahhh, bringing back memories of the nudge is cheating thread. Good times, good times.

I just found it! It seems like a bit of a heated debate but basically anything that doesn't tilt the game is technically allowed. Surprisingly, with all the specific rules that there isn't something about the flooring.

#9916 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

What to get a snake......

A cute lil fuzzy baby rabbit!

#9932 1 year ago

I confess I wonder how many natty's Johnny got into last nite!

#9998 1 year ago

Slang for the food trucks that pull up on jobsites around lunchtime.

We call it the Gut-Truck !

#10049 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess a rec :S)ord third time. I know what it is because I picked it out. Is my soul clean now?

Cleaner than your shorts

(Kidding, of course )

#10056 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

6th confession ..started Cekebrating Christmas already!

Atta boy! Merry Christmas ya hoser!

*so, what did ya get yourself for x-mas!?

bob-and-doug (resized).jpgbob-and-doug (resized).jpg
    #10057 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm a salad dodger from way back, don't even eat the stuff unless someone's looking at me.

SomeWeirdo'sEatSaladByChoicePunkin

Punkin at someone's house for lunch:

images.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #10060 1 year ago

What a great game man! Good pick.is it a n.i.b.?! JP or a maiden would be my choice for a stern! I confess my grail is an OG heighway Alien though! Dare to dream

#10066 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Trade me your Metallica and trade JP for a Aliens. Win win

Ed Robertson of the bare naked ladies was in regina and played my Metallica at a local brewery! He put up a high score! & said he loved how all our games played. A member of our pin community was going to ask him to come out for a tourney sometime until everyone started taking pictures with him! my friend then realized he wasn't a local!

#10068 1 year ago

Deadpool is great! Ya it's repetitive like chopping wood but it's done so damn well and the theme and callouts are just perfect for a pinball machine! So is the walking dead! You got good taste in pinball Johnny! I confess I'd like some more time on an Oktoberfest.. even if it's not a keeper, it would be awesome to have at the local brewery for a while.

#10071 1 year ago

I confess i thought Kiss used to say they wanna Rock & Roll all night & part of every day.

#10072 1 year ago

I also confess i fukkin hate winter where i live and question my choice of province i live in. I'd love to sporadically up and move one day.. dunno where, just not here! Maybe like Texas or something!

* current temp here

Screenshot_20221223_000908_Weather Network (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221223_000908_Weather Network (resized).jpg

#10090 1 year ago

Scores are subjective anyways. 3 ball or 5 ball games, how many extra balls, ball saved timer, tilt bob installed or not, glass on or off

2 weeks later
    #10332 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The old clock is dead. Long live the new clock.
    I must send a strongly worded message to Stewart Sandwiches. You should get more than 49 years out of a clock I got for free.
    LTG : )
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Probably just a fuse it's older than me dangit!
    Looks like they're still making sammiches at the same location! That's awesome

Screenshot_20230111_124918_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230111_124918_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #10352 1 year ago
    Bi8z5UxIQAAnpG1 (resized).jpgBi8z5UxIQAAnpG1 (resized).jpg
    #10366 1 year ago

Ya. I was surprised how fast you healed up from the scooter ankle explosion! Helped my friend take apart his home gym and it fell and got him in the face pretty good. Should of went for some stiches but he bought a bottle of vodka and went home instead. He said he's hurting today..but also out of vodka! #Damnpunkerssaretough&stubborn

#10417 1 year ago

Confess we have ifpa finals tomorrow and im playing the 2nd best guy in our town in round one! Gonna be a short day! Anyone else playing tomorrow?

#10422 1 year ago

I just hauled my whirlwind down to a local brewery for finals tomorrow..we are having a lil tourney tonight to put them thru the test. Hope mine hold up! Gave MET a could cleaning today too! Usually have 6, we packed 12 pins in the taproom! They're pretty awesome peeps at Pile o Bones brewery for tolerating our shenanigans!

20230120_152947 (resized).jpg20230120_152947 (resized).jpg20230120_153015 (resized).jpg20230120_153015 (resized).jpg

#10428 1 year ago

You can talk to said humans between balls and drink & eat so.e pub grub! Also can smoke doobies outside between round! # REAL SOCIAL GAMING. I'm not super competitive and not there just to win it. I usually make a point to sit with new people and keep everyone included and having fun. Also, we have a few good players, and sometimes it is a bit of a wait between balls.. but never a big deal.

#10431 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm pretty anti social and despise small talk. I'm rarely chatty unless in a crowd with people i know. Also I've always been more comfortable around women. I'm much more likely to approach a group of women and join the conversation then a group of guys. Meeting new people sounds torturous.
    Probably the reason I don't have many friends

See u next year at yegpin when you're hustling my loonies on the pins at the after party ! Ya, i hear ya.. but the pinball community is awesome and it's a good time to get out every once in a while.

* if it makes you comfortable, we can complain about toilet seats being left up and stuff!

#10518 1 year ago

Take some zoomers or strong edibles and guarenteed to have a good time! Even at a nickleback show. Did that exact same thing years ago! They have huge pyro flames and a full on light show

1 week later
    #10611 1 year ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I confess I spend most of my day pretending to work but am on Pinside ready threads and searching for pinball Mods/parts/games.
    [quoted image]

Quoted from bicyclenut:

I confess, some of these posts i find really boring and meaningless. I think people post in here because they are bored.

Irony

#10616 1 year ago

Pinside is a better place with Johnny double oh seven hanging around! I confess I've confessed this confession in the past!

#10654 1 year ago

I confess I'm only joking when I say, Punkin, you bowls your heart out and make that lil old lady regret she ever challenged you to a battle! Also, would it make sense to double up the missed brownie with tomorrows brownie? Brownies melt me way more than candies! I think it's to do with how the body absorbs the chemicals in chocolate as compared to the sugar in candies.

#10675 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Coming home from work today a dumbass kid hit the side of my truck.
    I was making a right turn, and he tried to pass me on the right. He said he saw my right turn signal, but somehow thought I was turning left.
    Even if I was turning left, it's a two lane street, with no passing or turn lane on the right. He was trying to squeeze past. He also had to be going at least 15 over the 25 limit.
    Cop told me that the report will say the kid was at fault. Not sure if he got a ticket, but he sure deserved one. At least he told the truth.
    Bystander lady told me there was no cause for swearing. I told her that if that wasn't a cause for swearing, I have no idea what would be.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ask her if she'd prefer if you just smack the kid instead! Glad you're not hurt.. the chevy will need a new bumper and fender! But it'll be fine after too!

*did the grill survive?!

#10691 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Got my arse kicked by better players in the King of The Mountain Bowls Challenge the last two weeks.
    I challenged a guy i've played with and against this time. i play him this morning.
    He's also a much better player than me (they all are) but i think i have a chance to beat him with luck on my best day.
    Let'sHopeTodayIsMyBestDayPunkin

Offer him a brownie!

#byhookorbycrookpunkin

#10714 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Wags in Canada means wives and girlfriends of hockey players..

I thought we refer them as pucks

#10772 1 year ago
    Quoted from Polypin:

I confess, I like lurking and reading threads like this one even though I have little to contribute.
    [quoted image]

I confess I'm horrible at going unnoticed.

#10781 1 year ago

In your defense... this clearly isn't her first rodeo. she's looks like a tough out. You got thisss

Ladies-Lawn-Bowls-Shorts-7 (resized).pngLadies-Lawn-Bowls-Shorts-7 (resized).png
    2 weeks later
    #10915 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Becoming by Volbeat is my current favorite song. Have a hard time getting the chorus out of head

Check out the new song by Extreme! Ripping solo at the end! Kicks nickleback in their velvet south!

1 week later
    #10993 1 year ago

I confess I'm contemplating selling my METpro.. am i crazy? I think with how many there are out there that it will be available again if i ever i have seller's remorse. Hmmm.

#11002 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Are you selling it to fund another game or done with it? If it's not to fund something else, find a temp trade. WCS94? Hehe

Ya.. I'd only sell it to fund another pin. Not 100% on which game tho.. got 2 in mind tho! (not gonna jinx the deals!)

#11017 1 year ago
    Quoted from ballykissfan:

Hmm... Maiden Prem one of those???

Maaayyyybe! How'd u know my thoughts!!!

#11033 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Here grocery stores mark certain items in the meat area with red dot stickers. It means if you buy three packages with the red dot you get each for $5. I only bight on the deal when the original price is $8 or up for each piece, so I'm saving $9 total with three items. Happens a lot with pre-marinated pork loins here.

WTFAAAAK.. just got home from getting some groceries why is marinated pork a globally discounted item!?
    16807061165758366725260821515867 (resized).jpg16807061165758366725260821515867 (resized).jpg

#11035 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Does that have something to do with the expiration date?
    "Enjoy Tonight" almost sounds like a warning.......and I know they discount bags of salad when the expiration dates get close -

That's what I thought too.. but there was like 30 to choose from. And a few different marinades.. so that post threw me off that there was some sort of international pork deals going on.. confess i was smoking the electric lettuce a lil heavy yesterday! Haha.
    *update- slow cooker has been utilized today! #Porkin

#11038 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Hint;
    globally is a lie.

HashtagSupplychainissues

#11076 1 year ago

Could of just ordered the Pro and had a nice conversation about forgiveness!

1 week later
    #11189 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

and with the occasional large bird, i spose so.

We don't call them old birds.. we use the term "cougars" around here!

#11215 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Probably not the Easter egg but were you at least using the toothpick to clean out the port of your phone from trucking to get it to charge the old way? Ir is that for what appears to be a grinder?

The used toothpick and the toenail clippers definitely don't need to be on the table!

2 weeks later
    #11416 11 months ago

If a chicken wing doesn't have a bone then it's just a blop of chicken, not a wing.

1 month later
    #11579 10 months ago
    Quoted from Becker34:

I confess that I'm turning into an old fart.
    We have this music festival called Summerfest. 55 years on the shore of Lake Michigan, a dozen stages including one that seats 10k and one that seats 23k. General admission gets you into every stage, although the 10k that's half reserved and the 23k seater that is probably 80% reserved which require a separate ticket for the reserved seats. It was a lot of fun when I was 25 and it was $3 a beer. It was also a lot of fun til I got burned out on it thru work. A lot of radio stations sponsored stages. We did live broadcasts, introduced bands. There was free beer and clean restrooms backstage. It was an 11 day party.
    I haven't been there in almost 10 years. And that was for work. Did my show, saw a band and got the hell out before sundown. Pretty much perfect.
    We're not out there every day like we were years ago. I can still get free tickets for almost whatever I want thru work. They spend money with us, we hype. One hand washes the other and everyone goes home happy.
    As soon as I saw Cheap Trick on the schedule, I put in for tickets. They're playing on opening night, which is a few Thursdays away. Didn't think much else about it except to think about how to weasel myself a parking pass. It's probably $30 nowadays. Ugh. Whatever. Better than getting barfed on riding one of the shuttles.
    I assumed that the band would go on at 7 or 8. The festival opens around noon and closes at midnight, with headliners starting at 7, 8 or 10. I looked up the start time the other day. CT starts at 10. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I assumed that since it's an older crowd they'd play earlier. WRONG. That means they get done around 11:30 (which is curfew for bands), I'm in the car at midnight and with any luck out of the lot in another 20 minutes. Then another 20 minutes home. Lucky if my head hits the pillow by 1am, 1:30 if I have to crap before bed. And then be coherent for work.
    And this is exactly what I would make fun of "old" people for 30 years ago. I guess mommy's alright, daddy's alright... they just seem a little weird. And get off my lawn.

Yep, you're old and lame

3 weeks later
    #11722 9 months ago

For the record, i dont think esky is an actual word! (In any language) i also confess that i dont know what vernacular is or means! & not gonna Google it. Or esky for that matter! Ignorant can mean not having general knowledge or awareness in general & it could also mean rude or quick tempered. So there's that! But i hope y'all have a great weekend. Cheers pinheads

3 weeks later
    #11783 8 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Looking forward to comp here this week.
    Everyone loved the pairs comp last time we did one, it was great fun.

Your mates sure are fortunate to have such a sweet place for tourneys! The comps sound like a good time. How does the 1 ball each/ 4 balls per game/2 player game work? Also, i love the split flipper games! We made an after hours rule that you have to take a drink if get called out for playing your turn without a beer in the other hand!

#11798 8 months ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

But FACTS are FACTS if evidence shows it ,then people need to come to terms with the truth !

Ok.. i admit it, everyone needs a set of them legz

2 weeks later
    #11870 8 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

poop trucks suck poop from septic systems.

And your shorts when you're stuck in traffic

images.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #11920 7 months ago

Fuk man, sorry to hear that. Nothing u can say. Damn.
    Sending my condolences to you and your friend.

1 month later
    #12142 6 months ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Ordering meat from Amazon? I confess to never doing that lolol. Go to a butcher.

I confess it already sounds better than boy-scout leader meat

#12145 6 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Major difference is that Jerky is smoked with a small amount of heat and biltong is air dried without heat or smoke.

I'd think the major difference is one is actually meat sliced off a roast and the other is ground up with vinegar to the texture of baby food & compresessed out of a tube.

#12147 6 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I know that paste is called Jerky in north america, but it's not. Jerky is stip meat. And it's Biltong that is processed with vinegar, not Jerky.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerky
    [quoted image]

Yep. Jerky is strips of meat.. the other is squished out of a tube. Just like i said.

*edit- i misread the process for making bitlong & mistaken it for tubemeat
    *confession- I shouldn't skim over pages like i do and consider that reading it!

#12153 6 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

No, tho opposite of what you said. jerky and Biltong are both whole tissue muscle strips.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerky
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biltong
    That paste stuff you guys do that you call jerky is really just a leather like the Chinese Pork leather. Dried mince.
    In any case, it's no matter.

Ahh shit! You're right. I apologize to you AND bitlong! That paste shtuff in the tube is not the same as jerky & I can't say I've tried bitlong.

#12180 5 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Playing Acid Bath would probably be a no no in that house.
    [quoted image]

One of my all tine favorite albums!

255 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Dee-Bow. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dee-Bow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=Dee-Bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.