Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1469 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I doubt I will ever refurbish another EM, it would have to be special.

I've told myself that a couple dozen times.

1 year later
    #2324 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I wouldn’t mind a weekly update from johnnypinball007 and I hope we didn’t push him out.
    Here’s my non-pinball confession. About a hundred years go I was living in a 1-bathroom shotgun apartment with my roommate. I was sitting in the dark in the “living room” drinking wine with my headphones on, and her girlfriend walked out of their bedroom completely stark naked, and brushed her teeth with the bathroom door wide open. Before I could even process what was happening, she saw me and deftly closed the door with one foot. She came out in a towel and gave me a little scowl-smile. I promise that this facial expression really exists, and that’s the only time I ever saw it. Anyway, I finished the bottle and didn’t think of it again until tonight for some reason.

I had a similar experience. In college I shared an apartment with a buddy. I was gone for the weekend but popped in momentarily to get something. As I was heading back out to the door my buddies girlfriend walked out of his room completely naked. We almost ran into each other. We were both a little rattled. All I could think to say was "Nice to see you" in my best McBain voice from the Simpsons. Ha.

4 weeks later
    #2354 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I confess, I love that smell.

Me too. It's weird. I don't smoke. My parents did and as kids we hated it. Walking into a bowling alley or tavern back then it always smelled like stale beer and cigarettes. Once in awhile you can catch a whiff of that old smell in a machine and it brings back a warm nostalgia.

2 months later
    #2607 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Simple pinball confession: I play my 3 EMs way more than the rest of my pins lately.

I'm an EM guy but must confess I have been playing my 3 woodrails almost exclusively. They are the newest in and I don't have a huge collection so it makes sense, but I forgot how fun and addictive the old timers can be.

Woodrails (resized).JPGWoodrails (resized).JPG
    4 months later
    #3238 3 years ago

Sometimes someone will be on the hunt for some harder to find EM part I know I have. I confess I often don't offer it up out of fear of possibly needing it later and/or not wanting to deal with the hassle of finding a box and shipping on my lunch for a few bucks.

2 months later
    #3485 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And I confess, the dudes up north will hate me, think I am sick, but I like Ketchup on my hot dogs, along with a tad of mustard.

No ketchup on a hotdog I think is mainly a Chicago area thing. I'm North of there and I don't think anybody really cares up here. I do have a friend at work that likes ketchup on his bratwurst. His wife thinks that is appalling and will berate him about it. Apparently bratwurst is different? He happily does it at work and I always joke that I'm going to tell on him.

#3504 2 years ago

I confess that Johnny reminds me of a friend of mine. A great guy that I love to death but I rarely stop to see him. He's such a talker that you can never just swing by for a few minutes. He'll have you pinned down in conversation for a minimum of 2 hours.

5 months later
    #4892 2 years ago

I confess the last time I had fun playing a console was N64.

1 month later
    #5407 2 years ago

That's how it always works.

7 months later
    1 month later
    #8770 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

A fucking funnelweb spider just decided to have a shower with me this morn.
    Looked down to wash my legs and the bastard was crawling across the white shower mat next to my foot.
    I drowned him with water running off my arm and flushed him down the floor waste, but i don't know what he was doing in there in the first place? Long way from outside.
    JustWhatYouNeedToStartYourDayDeadlySpidersPunkin

Yikes. We have 2 venomous spiders that are possible but unlikely in Wisconsin. 2 venomous snakes, same deal. I've never seen any of these in my 51 years here.

2 months later
    #9429 1 year ago

Dude are you sure you want to ride a scooter down that hill? Remember when you were just walking home and fell down into the culvert.

2 weeks later
    #9682 1 year ago

I knew that scooter was trouble. Hope you feel better.

1 month later
    #10159 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I'll ask tonite.

Remember when you had that monkey for a short time. That was pretty cool.

1 week later
    #10328 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

And God forbid I'm with people (my sis and her hubby come to mind) who like to order coffee and sit and chat after they eat, maybe order a piece of pie after a little while. Please - shoot me.

I generally enjoy going out to dinner with friends and family. Your comment reminded me of being a kid though. When my parents would sit, sip coffee and smoke for what seemed like forever afterward. Not being invested in their conversation, the waiting drove me nuts.

#10344 1 year ago

I don't think I'd laugh. Man I hope your ok!

#10368 1 year ago

My wife likes to watch all those homicide shows. There is generally less blood at most of the murder scenes they show. I confess I was relieved to see you post this morning.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional?tu=AlexF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.