Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 252.
    #4851 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

correctly predict what thread will be locked when I get home from work

I have not seen any of that lately, but when I used to have time to look around more I was like yeah, this will be closed down soon.

Confess I care less to read any thread that has any bickering. Life is too short for all of that.

I love this thread, we are all just goofing off having a good time.

And confess for whatever reason I am a lightweight drinker all of a sudden, and at 9 I feel fine, and just not in the mood to drink 12 and make a long post.

(confess it sucks getting old, playing doggy with my girlfriend I ended up with pulled leg muscles and walking has hurt the last couple of days).

(confess I hope I do not get in trouble for posting that, but I am in some pain and wanted to warn others like me that are getting older like I am).

#4852 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have not seen any of that lately, but when I used to have time to look around more I was like yeah, this will be closed down soon.

Been twice recently but that's about it.

I love this thread, we are all just goofing off having a good time.

I agree the topic can go in any direction and it's okay, and nobody cares. What's really nice is everyone here is still kind to each other. Need more of that.

And confess for whatever reason I am a lightweight drinker all of a sudden, and at 9 I feel fine, and just not in the mood to drink 12 and make a long post.

I was never built for it. Five or six back in my 20's and I paid for it the next morning and probably into the next day a little. Last couple years 2 gives me a hangover. Now with the strange sleep issues I'm having its 0 for me every night. I confess I miss beer and hope to have it again sometime. Especially since it's my favorite time of year for beer. Right now there are some good NA selection of beers you can order to have delivered to your front door since there's no alcohol in it. I confess I could then drink 3 or 4 of those a night cause I like the taste.

#4853 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I like the taste

The taste is why I like beer.

I drink NA beer if I am going to drive.

I have been to beer festivals, and tried all kinds of different beer, but I always liked the light beers, and kept going back for more of them.

Quoted from EJS:

Now with the strange sleep issues I'm having its 0 for me every night

I doubt a light beer will ever cause you any problems, I would look at how much salt you are taking in.

25 years ago I thought beer was kicking my butt, but after a friend looked at all the stuff I was adding to steaks when I grilled he said dude, stop using all of these salts, and use powders instead.

He was right, do not use garlic salt, use garlic powder, do not use onion salt, use onion powder, etc.

Light beer is your friend. Salt is not your friend.

#4854 2 years ago

I drain every RIP thread but will never drain Who Dey’s RIP thread

#4855 2 years ago

My favorite color is ham

#4856 2 years ago

My favorite cake is birthday

#4857 2 years ago

It’s 6 o clock in the morning, dark out, and time to take 1 of my dogs for his walk. This lady crosses the street w her German Shepard slowly approaches me and my year old puppy. I’ve seen her before, and she knows that my dog likes to bark at other dogs. She could of went to the other side, but no. My dog starts going crazy, and I say in a loud enough voice she’s a fn bitch, and could of avoided this. No reaction from her..some people are just inconsiderate, and not the way I wanted to start my morning

#4858 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

My favourite suit is birthday

#4859 2 years ago

Had one of those customers yesterday that I love to mess with.

Two men shot pool. One comes up to pay. They owe $8. He says he has $6 or a hundred dollar bill. Yeah, like I'm letting a couple strangers off of $2. And two grown men can't come up with an extra $2.

I say no problem, I can break it.

I love the look on their face. Now their hundred dollar bill is gone and it may be awhile before they can try their scam somewhere else.

Only thing better is if they say all they have is a hundred, so they'll catch me later. Not today. That one really pisses them off because they may never have a hundred again to try and get free stuff.

LTG : )

#4860 2 years ago

Confess that my GnR pinball is teaching me to juggle.

Starting to impress people at times.

Further confess that it's not helping my scoring.

#4861 2 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

My favourite suit is birthday

Tough crowd here with only my lone upvote for that one.

Yeah, we are getting old and maybe we don't still look so great in our birthday suit, but I care less, I will wear my birthday suit anytime I can.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

HELL NO!

The years are flying by too fast anyway.

Yeah when I was like 6 years old I liked birthday cakes, and I pretty much liked them or birthday peanut butter chocolate chip cookies until I was old enough to have birthday alcohol.

Confess in the last 15 years I have only had any kind of cake maybe 3 times, and those 3 times were at a buffet.

BUT!, in the last 15 years at a buffet I have had brownies(get your mind out of the gutter, talking about a cake like desert) maybe a 100 times.

Quoted from LTG:

I love the look on their face. Now their hundred dollar bill is gone and it may be awhile before they can try their scam somewhere else.

I know that look on their face(different situations of course), and I love watching them squirm.

It is almost like they still live in Mayberry, and think Sheriff Andy Taylor will come to the rescue to help them get that 100 dollar bill back.

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEK!

#4862 2 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

It’s 6 o clock in the morning, dark out, and time to take 1 of my dogs for his walk. This lady crosses the street w her German Shepard slowly approaches me and my year old puppy. I’ve seen her before, and she knows that my dog likes to bark at other dogs. She could of went to the other side, but no. My dog starts going crazy, and I say in a loud enough voice she’s a fn bitch, and could of avoided this. No reaction from her..some people are just inconsiderate, and not the way I wanted to start my morning

You forgot to mention your dog breed. Perhaps she just wanted to try and socialize the pups. It’s one thing for a dog to bark at another but doesn’t mean they wouldn’t get along in close contact. My old dog (Sheppard/lab pound mutt) hated German Sheppards. My Bernadoodle loves them all.

All this being said, she could still be a bitch.

#4863 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Now their hundred dollar bill is gone and it may be awhile before they can try their scam somewhere else.

Hopefully you made their change in 5s and 10s that way they can’t try that with a 50 or 20 etc

#4864 2 years ago

I confess I was excited to make my 3,000th post here a few days ago and yet somehow I overshot it by 20 some posts. Oops.

I confess I haven’t had time to respond to JohnnyPinball007 PM message sorry. Yes it’s about as long as his posts but I don’t want to overlook something. That’s probably a good point about salt too. I confess I could probably take in less than I am now.

#4865 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Hopefully you made their change in 5s and 10s that way they can’t try that with a 50 or 20 etc

5's and a bunch of ones.

#4866 2 years ago

I was just thinking of another one 40 or so years ago.

Some people just tingle your senses.

Guy comes in on a motorcycle. Puts his helmet and a bunch of keys on the counter. Goes to the restroom. Comes up and gets a pool table.

Shoots a couple hours. Grabs his keys and helmet and splits. Didn't return the balls or pay for the pool.

Hops on his bike, puts his helmet one. Goes to insert his key and take off.

I'll bet his plan would have gone a heck of a lot better, if he still had the key for his bike.

It was refreshing to have him come back in. Apologize. Pay for his pool. Let me copy the information on his driver license. We had a chat about don't ever come back or think of any acts of retribution, since I had all his info. Then he finally got the key to his motorcycle so he could leave.

#4867 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I was just thinking of another one 40 or so years ago.
    Some people just tingle your senses.
    Guy comes in on a motorcycle. Puts his helmet and a bunch of keys on the counter. Goes to the restroom. Comes up and gets a pool table.
    Shoots a couple hours. Grabs his keys and helmet and splits. Didn't return the balls or pay for the pool.
    Hops on his bike, puts his helmet one. Goes to insert his key and take off.
    I'll bet his plan would have gone a heck of a lot better, if he still had the key for his bike.
    It was refreshing to have him come back in. Apologize. Pay for his pool. Let me copy the information on his driver license. We had a chat about don't ever come back or think of any acts of retribution, since I had all his info. Then he finally got the key to his motorcycle so he could leave.

You're a shrewd one, LTG

#4868 2 years ago

Confess I thought I would enjoy seeing a former friend fail, but nope I actually feel a little bad even though I saw it coming like a frieght train. Just hope he doesn’t ask me for help cuz I won’t be there. Sad part is I would have been there for him if he wouldn’t have snaked me.

#4869 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I was excited to make my 3,000th post here a few days ago and yet somehow I overshot it by 20 some posts. Oops

Confess that I just looked at mine for the first time ever, and saw that I must have clicked over 10,000 last week. Not sure whether to be proud or ashamed of that.

#4870 2 years ago

Confess that perhaps the weather folks could of come up with a better name for the approaching weather system here other than "bomb cyclone"

#4871 2 years ago

I confess.

I have a group in shooting pool. Phone rings. Guy I know asks me if his a**hole father is there. I said yes. We chatted. Then he was telling me he hasn't been in for awhile because he bought a Family Guy pinball machine.

Now a little birdy told me that he sent a scammer money for one and never got it. He finally did buy one.

So sticking up for his father, when he told me he bought a Family Guy pinball machine. I innocently asked him, "didn't you buy two ?"

His humor changed.

Then I went back and told his dad that his son wanted to know if his a**hole father was there. The man laughed. Then I told him what I said. He's still laughing.

I got even for his dad.

#4872 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that I just looked at mine for the first time ever

Congratulations!

I grew up with some kids that had a big stomach, and later in life they were able to lose weight also.

Quoted from Slugmeister:

the weather folks could of come up with a better name for the approaching weather system

I totally get naming hurricanes, but when the weather people started naming winter storms, that is not going to do anything except snowing in areas that always get snow anyway, they totally lost me. REALLY!

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Confess I thought I would enjoy seeing a former friend fail, but nope I actually feel a little bad even though I saw it coming

Nothing at all wrong with that.

Quoted from LTG:

We had a chat about don't ever come back or think of any acts of retribution, since I had all his info.

I LOVE ALL OF YOUR STORIES! You are such a cool wise man!

Quoted from LTG:

a little birdy

Little birdies are the best!

(they normally start with "can you keep a secret", and I say "of course I can", while I am thinking I hope this info is really good, so I can use it in the future).

And I confess I love when there are lots of new posts here, because normally I can have some fun like I just did with all of this.

Confess my membership to the wholesale club is about to expire, and I am about to just stock up on everything I need for a year from them, to save a year of membership fees.

Confess I have no clue if they went up on prices, or other stores with no membership fees got cheaper, but for the most part they are the same price now, and very little stuff I need at the big box membership place that I can not find anywhere else.

Confess this time of year it is really hard on me to go to any store, because Halloween candy all over the place and so TEMPTING!

I LOVE CANDY! I MISS CANDY! BUT!, I can not have candy, damn low sugar crap.

Confess again that even though it sucks I can not have candy, and a whole lot of other foods now like peanuts, cashews, almonds, and even a salad or Cole slaw, at least so far beer works for me.

Confess if I were to be told that I will only live 5 more days if I do not stop drinking beer, I would just figure how much beer I need to buy for the next 5 days.

It has been 36 years, and 79 days, and 17 hours, and 23 minutes since I could never have a pancake or waffle totally loaded with syrup(not that I keep up with all of that or anything).

These days beer is about the only food I can afford, I still look at steaks, I ate a whole lot of those long ago, but now when I look at a steak, I have to decide if I want one steak, or another 30 pack, and the 30 pack always wins.

There is a whole lot of topics here about new game prices. And I confess I think the games are still worth the new prices pretty much, but foods like steak, hell no.

Games pretty much hold their value and even go up.

If I eat a steak it is fun for about 10 minutes, and then no resale value.

Confess maybe I should start a new organic fertilizer company, 100% grass fed, all the way from the cow to me also.

But if I did that I would probably get sued for false advertising because I failed to mention the fertilizer had a high alcohol content.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

***yeah, a long post, but I was trying to be funny***

#4873 2 years ago

My last post was serious, with the fact I can not enjoy so many foods I love, but most of the rest was supposed to be funny.

And this post is serious.

I confess I am glad a whole lot of workers are on strike now, and I think more need to go on strike in other fields also.

When a company is making billions, and the CEO is making millions, and the people that do the work are making 25 bucks a hour, something is wrong with all of that.

Confess I have been self employed for over 30 years, and I have never messed with the stock market, so none of that affects me, but it does tick me off.

I just wish interest on savings at a bank still paid decent.

(but oh, rates are so low you can save when you borrow money).

(most of the time not really with that).

Through the years the big box stores with CEO's making millions have been trying to put all of the Mom & Pop stores out of business, and line their pockets, and make profits for the shareholders, WELL:

I confess I still shop Mom & Pop stores all I can!

#4874 2 years ago

I'm addicted to pumpkin spice.
    So I bought the Coffee Mate creamer at first sight.
    Tasted wierd, like chemicals and sugar but no Spice.
    Went back and got the Starbucks stuff. Don't normally purchase their products but this creamer was fantastic last year.
    Not this year, tasted just like the Coffee Mate only worse. No hint of Pumpkin Spice.
    Went back and got the Simply all natural stuff. Wound up taking it back it tasted so bad (hardly ever return stuff to the grocery store but this mess was 5 dollars.
    Went back,got a refund and bought the International Delight version. This is usually dependable.
    NOT! Very faint Pumpkin flavor so you have to pour too much in then your coffee is too sweet.
    Being from a Manufacturing background I surmise the following;
    There are shortages of good spices that make the Pumpkin Spice flavor.
    Braniacs in the Lab have tried to substitute cheaper, available flavorings in the Formula.
    All of these creamers are probably formulated and packaged by the same Factory.
    Studying how to make my own, looks like Allspice, Cinnamon, sugar and Half and Half.

#4875 2 years ago

I don't eat pumpkin spice anything.

#4876 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I don't eat pumpkin spice anything.

Share with us how you would feel if something you DO like( anchovies? Kippered snacks? Turnip soup?) was suddenly screwed up.

Just researched some SK foods, sounds delicious. Prarie Cherries, Spudnuts, Pemmican and Rhubarb with a side of cabbage rolls.

#4877 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Share with us how you would feel if something you DO like( anchovies? Kippered snacks? Turnip soup?) was suddenly screwed up.
    Just researched some SK foods, sounds delicious. Prarie Cherries, Spudnuts, Pemmican and Rhubarb with a side of cabbage rolls.

Forgot perogies!

#4878 2 years ago

Those dried ribs sound good. I may try to make some of them donuts from mashed potatoes.

#4879 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Those dried ribs sound good. I may try to make some of them donuts from mashed potatoes.

Wow, you guys don't eat dry ribs? Its like a bar/pub staple here along with wings.

The spudnuts are to die for. If there's a type of youth group doing fundraising and making them, they will sell out very quick

#4880 2 years ago

Is it like dry rub?
    Most of the ribs here are wet and sticky with honey/vinegar sauce. Doing more research.

#4881 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Is it like dry rub?
    Most of the ribs here are wet and sticky with honey/vinegar sauce. Doing more research.

They are small, with that flat/thin bone. like smaller than a ping pong ball. They are bone in or bone out and deep fried. Usually get them with a slice lemon or lime to squeeze on them. They are pre dusted with a dry coating before fried.

https://prairiemeats.ca/product/boneless-pork-bites/

#4882 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Is it like dry rub?

Search Canada dry garlic ribs.

https://thislilpiglet.net/2018/04/pub-style-garlic-dry-ribs/

https://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/food/montreal-dry-garlic-ribs

Which of those above are the ones you prefer northerndude ? The little battered ones or the naked ones?

Might try the naked ones for pinball comp tommoroow.

#4883 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Which of those above are the ones you prefer northerndude ? The little battered ones or the naked ones?

Fried ribs are pretty good but they can’t compare to smoked with a good dry rub.

#4884 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

for me no contest it's the breaded thislilpiglet ones!

#4885 2 years ago

Just payed to much for a Playstation 5.... Feel dirty... Real Dirty

#4886 2 years ago

for me no contest it's the breaded thislilpiglet ones!

Thanks mate, lot more trouble to make, but i'll have another look.

Had another look, no more trouble to make, and better finger food for comp. piglets it is.

#4887 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm addicted to pumpkin spice.
    So I bought the Coffee Mate creamer at first sight.
    Tasted wierd, like chemicals and sugar but no Spice.
    Went back and got the Starbucks stuff. Don't normally purchase their products but this creamer was fantastic last year.
    Not this year, tasted just like the Coffee Mate only worse. No hint of Pumpkin Spice.
    Went back and got the Simply all natural stuff. Wound up taking it back it tasted so bad (hardly ever return stuff to the grocery store but this mess was 5 dollars.
    Went back,got a refund and bought the International Delight version. This is usually dependable.
    NOT! Very faint Pumpkin flavor so you have to pour too much in then your coffee is too sweet.
    Being from a Manufacturing background I surmise the following;
    There are shortages of good spices that make the Pumpkin Spice flavor.
    Braniacs in the Lab have tried to substitute cheaper, available flavorings in the Formula.
    All of these creamers are probably formulated and packaged by the same Factory.
    Studying how to make my own, looks like Allspice, Cinnamon, sugar and Half and Half.

Here’s what I like for pumpkin spice. I don’t care whose it is as long as it’s coffee. Not really a fan of Five Bucks (Starbucks).

The only time I have coffee outside of home is at a restaurant or drive through at McDonald’s.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #4888 2 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Just payed to much for a Playstation 5.... Feel dirty... Real Dirty

I confess I have yet to play all the games I want to on PS4. I used to buy and get excited about new systems but I just haven’t gotten excited about PS5 I have no idea why.

I’m told they will be difficult to get in the next few months.

#4889 2 years ago

I've only ever bought coffee when i've been in hospital. I make good coffee at home in my aeropress and only have two cups a day in the early am.

#4890 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I have yet to play all the games I want to on PS4. I used to buy and get excited about new systems but I just haven’t gotten excited about PS5 I have no idea why.

I confess that I still feel like my PS3 is good enough when I’m up for console gaming (which admittedly isn’t often). Think I’ll go play some Pain right now!

I also confess that I’ve been a black coffee guy for at least 10 years, and creamer in coffee tastes gross to me now.

#4891 2 years ago

Confess i haven't played a playstation/xbox in more then twenty years and intend to never play one again.

#4892 2 years ago

I confess the last time I had fun playing a console was N64.

#4893 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I was probs about then too, but didn't get to the fun bit. I only played when my twelve year old hassled the fuck out of me to play. He's 37 now.

#4894 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Agree. To me Duke Nukem Zero Hour is the greatest game ever created.
    Mario 64 was the only game my Daughter played till the end.
    When it first came out only a lucky few were able to get consoles that Christmas, we were one of them.

#4895 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've only ever bought coffee when i've been in hospital. I make good coffee at home in my aeropress and only have two cups a day in the early am.

I use a mechanical french press for good black coffee. A Mr.Coffee for everything else.
    Stocked up on Coffee for about 5 Months, along with filters, sugar, powdered creamer and several jars of Instant Coffee which keep forever.
    Interesting that Hispanic/Latino folks prefer Nescafe instant coffee(least thats what I have been told by some of the old timers).
    Preferences? Folger Columbian, Maxwell House Columbian, Chock Fullof Nuts Columbian.
    Hooked for a long time on Yuban but don't see it around anymore.
    Eight OClock bean is still good but the ground is not worth the premium price.
    All the expensive coffees? Pass. As long as its 100 Columbian Its good.

#4896 2 years ago

I buy a kilo of magic beans from a local roaster here a month. That's two cups a day in the Aeropress. I have a $400 grinder and a $50 press.

LilPiggy ribs put away in the fridge ready for cooking for comp tomoz. Will serve with tater tots and garlic bread and whatever the other people bring. Found some 'rashers' at the supermarket, it's belly without the rib bones, so good, no broken teeth.

DSCF9889[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9889[1] (resized).jpg

#4897 2 years ago

I confess when I saw all the new posts in this thread I thought "Oh no, people are arguing again". Turns out it was just food and gaming consoles. I'm so used to people yelling at each other about politics, prices, and pinball manufacturers in other threads.
    That's one thing I love about this thread: people are almost always friendly and cool on this thread, and I can say basically anything I feel like ranting about.
    I confess I hate it when people argue on pinside, although I also find it kinda entertaining. Like with school fights. It's sad that they happen, but it's entertaining when they do.

#4898 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I buy a kilo of magic beans from a local roaster here a month. That's two cups a day in the Aeropress. I have a $400 grinder and a $50 press.
    LilPiggy ribs put away in the fridge ready for cooking for comp tomoz. Will serve with tater tots and garlic bread and whatever the other people bring. Found some 'rashers' at the supermarket, it's belly without the rib bones, so good, no broken teeth.
    [quoted image]

hope its' awesome. I may have to steal your recipe!!! HA

#4899 2 years ago

I confess I am 3/4 of the way through an EK playfield swap that stalled around March when the weather started getting nice again. The other day I set up my non-working EBD project and would rather start poking around with getting that running than finish EK.

#4900 2 years ago

hope its' awesome. I may have to steal your recipe!!! HA

Pretty much did the one i linked to, taint mine. I had no idea what 'lemon' was so left it out, but have some here to squeeze over when i serve them tomoz.

Will give a pic if i think of it, other wise it's cooking back in the cooking thread and we can stop alarming the gentlefolks.

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/98?hl=midniight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.