Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,562 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 252.
    #4501 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

That’s funny. Reminds of a time when I was waiting around for my electrician to show up on a job. I have shit to do and this guy was running later and later.

This is not even funny, but I have to post it anyway.

Reminds me of a repair guy that was supposed to have been here at 7am the other morning.

That dude did not show up or answer his phone.

I had errands to run, and I was getting madder by the minute.

I had decided I was going to stop by the business that gave me his phone number in the first place, and tear into them.

Around 9pm, 5 minutes before I was going to be walking out the door I heard noises, and while the dude was late, never answered his phone, he did show up and do a good job and gave me a great deal.

And that dude is weird, for entertainment he listens to police scanners on his smart phone while he is working.

(for the record he is a mechanic, and worked on a truck that I no longer carry insurance on, the truck is just used on my property).

(I was about ready to just have it towed to my regular mechanic).

And I confess very soon it will be a lot easier to scroll here for several days.

***after tomorrow night I will not be on Pinside for 6 nights***

#4502 2 years ago

Johnny, I don't even want to imagine what those words contained. I assume you cut out after the eating and initial sick part.

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 10.18.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-02 at 10.18.34 PM (resized).png

#4503 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Johnny, I don't even want to imagine what those words contained. I assume you cut out after the eating and initial sick part.

I did have to go to urgent care, and get a shot for nausea, and because I was cramping so bad and so dehydrated they said I should really go to the hospital and get a iv.

I said no, the minute I can hold anything down I am going to get hydrated(Gatorade and water, not beer).

I just wanted rest. I just wanted sleep.

None of that was possible for over 5 minutes at a time.

It was like a bee stinging my insides, and I would feel it move up, and knew things were about to come out of my mouth.

I would feel the stinging move down, and knew things were about to come out the other end.

And it did not even matter which end was first, it was so intense that within 5 seconds it would be both ends at the same time.

And if that was not misery enough. when everything would settle down for 5 minutes and I tried to rest, I could not because I was so dehydrated that my back, legs, every part of my body was cramping so bad that I was in severe pain from cramping.

I confess that not only do I hope to never feel like that again, I also hope none of you ever have to go through it either.

I confess I was so miserable, that I had thoughts of ending my life, I just could not take all of that pain any longer.

But I knew, if I could hang on, life would be awesome again soon. And it has been.

***DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO EAT*** (maybe I should post that at the top of the post?)

#4504 2 years ago

I change the 32 waist on the label to a 31 on all my jeans. So, you know. That's it.

#4505 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:I change the 32 waist on the label to a 31 on all my jeans. So, you know. That's it.

I'd say i've rarely heard anything as stupid, but i was out the front catching the last 3/4 hours sun in the driveway yesti, when i heard one of the young gym junkies complain that she was looking at herself in the mirror and she was horrified to see some minor tan lines within her actual tan lines.

#4506 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'd say i've rarely heard anything as stupid, but i was out the front catching the last 3/4 hours sun in the driveway yesti, when i heard one of the young gym junkies complain that she was looking at herself in the mirror and she was horrified to see some minor tan lines within her actual tan lines.

It is a joke from the TV show “Seinfeld”!

#4507 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess I was so miserable, that I had thoughts of ending my life, I just could not take all of that pain any longer.

Pain for me has been more tolerable than being nauseated/ dizzy/ disoriented. I had that so bad spring of 2020 I was in the lobby of the ER praying that I’d pass out but I didn’t. They didn’t know what I had or what to give me so they shoved a little bit of everything in my IV. Four minutes after that I felt like I was getting steamrolled then I couldn’t feel anything for the rest of the night. Slept great that night and the next. After that I was on edge for 4 days and only got a few minutes of microsleep. Took 3 months of hypnotic drugs to recover from that. I didn’t think I was going to survive all that and basically feel like I’m living my life with a second chance now.

I confess I actually hate the part of my job which is right now where I just sit around and do nothing and wait for things to happen (or not).

#4508 2 years ago

Confess i found the perfect pinsider to pay my + membership that i received forward to this morning.

#4509 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

It is a joke from the TV show “Seinfeld”!

Zartan with the win! Haha!!

#4510 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

i heard one of the young gym junkies complain that she was looking at herself in the mirror and she was horrified to see some minor tan lines within her actual tan lines.

Did you offer to perform a tan line check? Seems like that would be the neighborly thing to do.

#4511 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:Did you offer to perform a tan line check? Seems like that would be the neighborly thing to do.

Nah i was trying not to be creepy neighbour and purposely not glancing in their direction. (get what you are saying though)

Poor bugger next door has had to shut his gym down with the lockdown and can only do personal one on ones outside in the front car park, which is technically his.

I just get out there on the other side to catch the last hour of sunshine, i'm a sun seeker.

#4512 2 years ago

Confess I just posted some funny stuff that I have been saving up.

Nothing too bad, no nudity or anything, just adult humor.

I doubt anything is bad enough that would get me in any trouble, but just in case, since I am going away for a week anyway, and will not even be on Pinside, what better time to take a chance?

I have plenty of funny stuff that I 100% know would get me in trouble here, and I will never post any of that anywhere here.

Also, I confess I had started thinking about selling my Elvira pin, since it looks like I could make a profit on it, (after all the games I sold in the past and lost a little on).

But, last night I asked several questions in the owners thread, and Elvira is not going anywhere anytime soon.

I confess I have been too tired to play anything in almost a week now, but my girlfriend still spends a lot of time on the Big Buck Hunter arcade.

I confess that at first I was not happy that my offline Big Buck did not offer bow hunting, after I thought it was included, but after reading the Big Buck thread for a while it seems I am not missing anything, seems like the online people do not like the bow too much anyway.

And I confess it is partly true about my internet connection as being the reason I am offline with Big Buck, and Golden Tee, but the main reason is I HATE monthly bills, and I did not want to pay 40 a month for Big Buck, and the 15 or 20? for Golden Tee.

I confess the pinball and arcade bug has been awesome for me!

Right after I bought my first pinball machine in over 30 years, I knew I wanted more, and while I used to eat out all the time now I never eat out, I actually cook now to save all I can for more fun and games. (if you can actually call just heating stuff basically cooking).

Anyway, I hope all of you have a awesome weekend and week!

***I will not be on Pinside for the next 6 nights***.

(I will just be saltwater fishing, and if my girlfriend acts right I may pay her some attention. She was pissing me off while ago and I confess I was thinking about how much time and money I would save to just leave her here).

#4513 2 years ago

I confess that I started a project 11 years ago, and just pulled it out of storage yesterday to work on it. It’s nothing special, just a Dynamo HS-5 cabinet for a 25” monitor, but now that I have MAME running well on ARpiCADE I’m ready to use it. It was pretty damaged when I got it, and I already repaired the back. I just need to do the front and it’ll be ready to go!

D877C437-E23B-4338-BDC9-89B10EA27525 (resized).jpegD877C437-E23B-4338-BDC9-89B10EA27525 (resized).jpeg
    #4514 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="MAME running well on ARpiCADE I’m ready to use it.
    [quoted image]

Is there a way to pick and choose the games on the arcade? I have one currently, half the games don’t get played. I want to put different games in it.

#4515 2 years ago

I have enjoyed the Paralympics much more than the Olympics this year. The paralympians are very impressive athletes.

My top sports to watch have been:
    Badminton (doubles and singles)
    Swimming
    Wheelchair rugby

Congrats to all the paralympians....you’re all winners to me!

#4516 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

<blockquote cite="MAME running well on ARpiCADE I’m ready to use it.
    [quoted image]
    Is there a way to pick and choose the games on the arcade? I have one currently, half the games don’t get played. I want to put different games in it.

Yeah, definitely. You can just go in and edit the files in ARpiCADE/home/pi/.attract/romlists. I’ve spent way too much time on this, lol.

Progress:

0431BF54-AF26-4F9F-8BCF-E01C0DB39311 (resized).jpeg0431BF54-AF26-4F9F-8BCF-E01C0DB39311 (resized).jpeg
    #4517 2 years ago

Spending Fathers day eating green butter brownies and listening to British punk.

#4518 2 years ago

Got 11 days behind reading this thread. So next three days I exerted much effort to read every word of JohnnyPinball007’s posts in case there is something going on I needed to know. Whew, there were some long nights, am I right? Now I need an ice cold Natty. I will settle for a couple of 16 oz icehouse.

#4519 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, definitely. You can just go in and edit the files in ARpiCADE/home/pi/.attract/romlists. I’ve spent way too much time on this, lol.
    Progress:[quoted image]

Thank you! I will have to figure out how to remove and add. It currently has about 20-25 games. We only play about five regularly.

#4520 2 years ago

I confess I never went out to play like I thought I would a few weeks ago. That changed tonight. Did a cigarette run for my old neighbor who can't get out and stopped by the bowling alley about 5 minutes from my apartment. First time playing since 3/14/20. They had Led Zeppelin Premium, Rick & Morty, Stranger Things and a pitch n bat.

Their ST sucked since everything shot up the ramp for the lock shot rejected.

Didn't spend much time on R&M. I didn't quite get it and it was loud in the joint with the shitty music they were playing, so that takes away from that game. I forgot to tilt it since the tilt sequence kills me. My favorite tilt in all pinball.

Ended up GC'ing Zep. It played okay. I had no idea what the fuck I was doing, just shot the flashing shots and had some good multiballs and a good Electric Magic frenzy.

After not playing for a year and a half I thought it was pretty good. My control is still rusty. In addition to Grand Champion, I also was Post Champion. Gotta learn rules. I never watch early gameplay videos because of code changes, but Stern seems to have gotten better about not having a radically different scoring game 8 months after release.

#4521 2 years ago

I confess I get a feeling of comfort reading Pinside on a Sunday morning from my bed, sipping coffee, thinking there are other Pinheads doing the same.

#4522 2 years ago

I miss The Sizzler circa 1990. Steak. Seafood. Salad.

And the bread was pure awesomeness. I’d take the Sizzler bread over Olive Gardens breadsticks or even Red Lobster’s biscuits any day (as others have said, the one redeeming quality I have to give RL is their biscuits, as they are pretty damn tasty).

#4523 2 years ago

I confess that I just read 12 pages of the arcade 1up topic. 1st of all,rip who dey-Terry..trying to get input on the golden tee. I have an older 99 arcade version at home, but has just 3 courses, and it’s heavy like a small tank. I think that I have to try for myself the much smaller version, and see if it’s what I’m looking for..

#4524 2 years ago

My nipples ache in the change of the season and i have rub lip chap on them to stop them aching. Specially the pierced one.

#4525 2 years ago

I confess I’m trying to get through Tron movie without posting a WTB for the pin….unless someone wants an instant EM collection.

#4526 2 years ago

I think My Collection is the Best collection i have ever had at one time. No pin wanting to leave ! \
    in a happy place

#4527 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’m trying to get through Tron movie without posting a WTB for the pin….unless someone wants an instant EM collection.

We just bought a Goonies board game. So my daughter and I decided to watch the movie tonight! I confess I was thinking the whole time I would love to play a pinball with a Goonies theme!
    Pinball has kind of taken over my life!

#4528 2 years ago

I'm in my late 50's and I'll still shorten or lengthen my stride so i don't step on a crack and break my mothers back like a 4 year old.

#4529 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm in my late 50's and I'll still shorten or lengthen my stride so i don't step on a crack and break my mothers back like a 4 year old.

ME - every time.

#4530 2 years ago

Confess to a rebellious streak. I've always had it, my motto is 'make me'.

DSCF9670[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9670[1] (resized).jpg

#4531 2 years ago

I'm Back!

Sucks that I am back a day early.

My girlfriend woke up very sick. So far I am fine.

The first day there the people that we fished with sucked. They were just not friendly.

Then the second day there was new people, and they were cool!

It turned out that they are related to my girlfriend, and we plan to take more fishing trips together now.

The best fish I caught was a 6 pound king mackerel.

We caught a whole lot of mangrove snapper also.

The catfish will wear you out, just one after another, but every fight was fun.

I also caught 3 stingrays, and I am no longer afraid of them, I petted the last one after I took the hook out.

Confess I am tired. All the Urgent Care stuff this morning, and then the 8.5 hour drive back home.

#4532 2 years ago

I petted the last one after I took the hook out.

Which side did you pet it on? Two very different experiences based on which side you feel.

#4533 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Which side did you pet it on? Two very different experiences based on which side you feel.

You rub their belly with them laying on their back, and they never even try to move.

#4534 2 years ago

I own 12 pins and still open the Williams app when on the shittier. I confess, I am playing virtual Junkyard right now :/

#4535 2 years ago

You rub their belly with them laying on their back, and they never even try to move.

Yep, they’ll become catatonic when flipped over.

#4536 2 years ago

We caught a whole lot of mangrove snapper also.

Last time the family had a beach vacation I took them all fishing in the inlet and we caught a bunch of Mangrove snapper.
    That was some good eating that night.... man, I need to go fishing again.

#4537 2 years ago

We came out of lockdown last night. While lockdown plays right into my hands as i'm a virtual recluse, it will be nice to have my friends over tomorrow for Sunday Silverball, and i've been wanting to buy a new pair of Brooks trainers for 3 weeks and it's nice that store is open again. That'll be my mission for today.

Bit of a shame the weightlifting gym next door is open too, but he's gotta make a living too.

#4538 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

At least they behave some of the time.

Catfish are a pain in the ass, they never stay still.

Confess I was going to PM you Jay, but I will say it here.

I am sorry I am so short when I text, I can not see my phone too well and my fingers are almost too big for those tiny buttons.

Confess that is probably a good thing, or late at night when drinking my friends phones would be going off with books written by me.

#4539 2 years ago

I’m at the local brew pub that is a 1/2 mile from a large concert venue, and it is absolutely Milf central here. I’m thinking about buying a ticket for the show, even if it’s Alanis Morrisette.

#4540 2 years ago

I used to go to our local large haberdashery chain 'Spotlight' just for the perve.

And I didn't tell too many blokes how good a perv it was in case it got spoilt.

#4541 2 years ago

Confess that i am pretty excited about my newest addition, a 1951 Williams Control Tower. Came from the states and is now down the highway at a mates place getting serviced before i get it.

Looks like no fun at all, but so damn pretty. Gunna love hearing the groans when it comes up in comp here.

ct1 (resized).jpgct1 (resized).jpg

#4542 2 years ago

Confess I had a bit of a pinball wtf moment today. I was playing pinball on location today and noticed that Star Wars had a four player game started as well as six additional credits on the game. I heard a coil pulsing every 5 seconds or so. After a bit of inspection I realized that the wireform for the death star shot had come off. I didn't see it anywhere on the playfield, so I looked in the trough. The wireform had blocked the trough and all six balls were stuck there. The game had no idea where the balls were and kept pulsing the eject coil.

IMG_20210911_163823487[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_163823487[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_163829661[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_163829661[1] (resized).jpg
    #4543 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

As one does. Flip me over and rub my belly, I’ll be catatonic too

#4544 2 years ago

Confess sometimes late at night, after too many beers, and just want one more cig, I can not find that pull tab, and have to just butcher the pack with a box blade to get it open.

Confess as much as I like beer, I can just stop it for a while and be fine, (like even 3 months).

BUT, even if I want to slow down on smoking, just all the no smoking signs just pisses me off and makes me want a cig even more.

Confess I am addicted to nicotine, and I just like alcohol a lot, but not actually addicted to beer.

If the no smoking signs were to all go away, I think I could slow down on smoking.

But, little johnny sees a sign that says not supposed to do something, and just makes me crave it more.

(and all of this only applies with beer and cigs, but if they start posting signs all over the place about not doing something else, then I would probably crave whatever the signs were saying not to do).

If there is a saying about going against the grain or something, that is just me.

And I missed all of you while I was away on vacation, but now I am ready for the next vacation, and trying to plan already.

(would have helped if that damn 2 buck lottery ticket I just bought had of hit).

#4545 2 years ago

Two and a half days until GZilla is revealed and the order banks open and I can hardly wait. I don’t know why it is but I have been enjoying every bit of news and rumor and of course the hype. I’ve been listening to a lot of the hype and admit I am just about worked up into a frenzy. Elwin don’t pick this moment to disappoint.

#4546 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

I think My Collection is the Best collection i have ever had at one time. No pin wanting to leave ! \
    in a happy place

Same with me. For a while I was selling games not long at all after buying them.

Confess out of all the games I sold, the only one that I miss a tad is the Spider Man VE, and part of the reason is it is the only one my girlfriend misses.

Confess I would have kept it if I had of known how much she liked it. But she never said a word until after it was sold.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Two and a half days until GZilla is revealed and the order banks open and I can hardly wait.

Confess I love when new games are released, but I am not in the market for anything else, I just like seeing detailed pics of the playfields.

Quoted from snowy_owl:

I was playing pinball on location today

I have not played on location in a long time. I guess the last time was 3-4 years ago at a bar cade in Huntsville, AL.

I do hope to get to LTG's game room in the future though.

Quoted from punkin:

And I didn't tell too many blokes how good a perv it was in case it got spoilt.

The best things in life I have never told anyone about, until I was done with it, and never planned to go back myself.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

it is absolutely Milf central here. I’m thinking about buying a ticket for the show, even if it’s Alanis Morrisette.

If you did go there, I hope you had some very good ear plugs. I can not stand her myself.

And sorry your favorite team lost, but I think they will be getting a lot better soon.

#4547 2 years ago

I confess I asked several questions in my order I just e mailed Jimmy at Pinball Resource. Damn WMS Doozie (and it's zipper flippers) is going to live up to it's name. Probably one of many e mails going to them this week with questions.

In other threads LTG and I were mentioning all the calls and questions that are going to be brought up with new pinball owners. One thought that came to mind by pinballplusMN tonight when talking in the garage was also.....this publicized auction will also result in more people getting reminded they might have a pinball sitting in their basement and will also be calling in to try to get their game working again.

I confess I don't want to bring pricing into this thread so please don't bring it up here. That poor dead horse has suffered enough beatings in several other threads if you want to see.

I confess laying on the floor elevating my legs really relaxed me and I should think about doing that more.

#4548 2 years ago

I think the newest machine added to the PHoF repertoire is truly a piece of junk.

Thunderbird by Homepin.

#4549 2 years ago

I confess that I moved 2 months ago and I still check the local FS thread for the old location. That is 2000 miles away, in a different country! But I check everyday...

Oh! And I confess I have been reading this Confessional Thread for years without posting.

#4550 2 years ago

I confess I have colour LEDS in my superman machine. I love the way they look! I know it’s unpopular but I don’t care!

There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.