Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 minutes ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 252.
    #4251 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that I’ve been ignoring the Olympics while my wife watches, but the beach volleyball tonight got my attention. I’m rooting for Australia right now.

I confess that I stayed up past 2 am last Saturday night (Sunday morning) and watched the golf. I’m a big sports fan, and I like golf. It went into extra holes, to determine the silver n bronze. But I did turn the channel briefly when I realized that ladies volleyball was on..Brazil vs Germany. Boys will be boys..

#4252 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

When you are getting a paycheck. You have a boss. No thank you.

In the last 15 years all of my paychecks have been paid by me. (I have been self employed for 27 years now, but briefly I worked for a company part time as needed to help them out long ago).

(and before that I had always worked for my Dad in his construction company).

I have not had a weekly paycheck in over 27 years.

Confess to keep everything simple, I pay myself one time a year.

Of course rental house income is monthly, but other work I do most of them I bill one time a year, a few I do bill once every month or two.

Quoted from swampfire:

I do like that politics aren’t allowed on Pinside and on the job. I don’t need to know which asshole someone voted for.

I 100% agree with that!

Quoted from swampfire:

I want someone to make a LittleJohnny action figure where you pull the string and it says one of these 2 things.

I thought they already made one, or was Chucky just some fiction doll in the movies?

Quoted from hwyhed:

While holding a beer!

But not just any beer, has to be Natty Light!

(but if I could get a paid endorsement and get beer for free, I would drink ALMOST any beer).

Confess a very long time ago I went to Cancun, and all I had the whole time was margaritas, because I could not drink any of that stuff they have there that they call beer.

Quoted from DennisDodel:

Pretty sure it would never stop talking.

What is funny is in person I am average and actually pretty quiet.

But when I sit down and start typing I get wound up and make long posts.

Jaybird and a few others that have hung out with me will verify that in person I do not talk much.

I mean I will carry on a conversation, but I do not go on and on talking like I do typing.

Quoted from jandrea95:

I love me some Johnny posts, but my lord is this funny.

Thanks! And yes that comment was very funny!

I think we all need a whole lot more humor in our lives.

Quoted from EJS:

-or- have the sound of a clicking keyboard.

The keyboard does not make much noise, but the dehumidifier and air purifier does.

Sounds like a window unit in a motel room at a beach, and you can almost hear the waves rolling on the beach in the background.

And technically, I can take a leak in the ocean from here.

Yeah I am around 250 miles inland, but that creek outside goes to a river, that goes to the ocean.

Quoted from jandrea95:

I don’t care who judges me, Gran Torino is a cinematic masterpiece.

I have never seen it. I do like Clint Eastwood though, so I should watch it someday.

I have a whole lot of favorite movies, mostly comedy or horror, but even though I can not watch it too often, maybe one time every 7 years, I think Forest Gump is awesome.

But of course I also think The Jerk is awesome, and same thing, I have to watch it again about one time every 7 years.

A girlfriend long ago loved Castaway, and wanted to watch it way too often for me.

Hell No!

To me that movie is just way too depressing, with the tooth pain and all of those struggles. along with at the end of the movie when he finally makes the delivery and she is cute and he just leaves.

Oh, National Treasure, I can watch that about once every 5 years, I love the end of that movie.

But overall, I think Forest Gump is the best, just the way that he is involved in one way or another with so many DIFFERENT things during that movie.

I also thought it was cool when I read that the studio was going to try to save some money and cut out the jogging stuff, and Tom Hanks wanted that scene in the movie so bad that he paid for it out of his own pocket.

I am not a Tom Hanks fan, I like some of his movies ok, but he was perfect as Forest Gump.

Kind of like Steve Martin was perfect in The Jerk.

Chevy Chase was perfect in Vacation.

And almost any Bill Murray movie is good also.

Sorry I got wound up with movie stuff.

Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that I’ve been ignoring the Olympics while my wife watches, but the beach volleyball tonight got my attention.

I confess I have never watched any kind of Olympic stuff my whole life, and I do not care to.

(confess if someone were to pm me the time and channel the beach volleyball is going on, I would probably take a look, as long as my girlfriend is not here).

I confess I need to buy a wrap around very dark pair of sunglasses, because soon me and my girlfriend will be in south Florida, and while she will be wearing a one piece to hide stuff, I have already been told about all the cuties in thongs running around the beach down there.

And HELL NO! I have never, and would never cheat on my girlfriend, but I confess I do want to be able to take all the scenery in without getting griped at.

And I will make a last minute post about the trip, so no one thinks I am dead yet or anything.

Yep, for 6 days, about a month away, I will be on vacation, and not on any kind of internet at all.

Confess when I get back, I will read every comment here, and Dogs Rule, and Funny Captions, even if all of these have 1000 new posts.

Confess other topics like Deep Root, I will skip to the last page.

Confess some topics I like to read the comments in, I skip to the last page, when there are hundreds of new comments since I looked at the topic.

And I confess I am the Santa Claus of upvotes.

When I give a upvote I start thinking about all the posts that I did not upvote for whatever reason, and unless something I just can not upvote, I have to give maybe 10 or 20 in a row.

Even if a comment is so-so, I really hate to upvote on both sides of them, and not give them a upvote, and big time if they are new here.

Anytime I see anyone new here, I am still pretty new myself, I try to give them a upvote if I can.

Anyway, except for on the west coast, it is FRIDAY NOW!

FRIDAY!, FRIDAY, frrrriiidddaaayy!

(local radio has played that Friday stuff for years).

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#4253 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that I’ve been ignoring the Olympics while my wife watches, but the beach volleyball tonight got my attention. I’m rooting for Australia right now.

We already have an A, B C D and Regional side for that. Had a mate who tried out for the Captain of rooting for Australia.

Sometimes it's Country V City!

RootingThatIsPunkin

#4254 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’m rooting for Australia right now.

Why? Just wondering.

#4255 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Sounds like a window unit in a motel room at a beach

I confess I always to the fan to ON otherwise the compressor makes me jump halfway out of bed when that thing kicks in.

#4256 2 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Why? Just wondering.

I wasn’t paying enough attention to the audio and didn’t realize the other team was US, lol. Then about 15 minutes after I posted this, the US won the gold! Very nice.

I wonder who has more and better beaches - US or Australia? Now that’s a fun topic.

#4257 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

There was a bigger kid who used to grab me in bathroom and beat me up.

That reminded me of an incident in junior high school. About 1969. In Minneapolis there were boys held back a few years or so. And being bigger and older were usually bullies. And we had some that were released from juvy and put back into society.

Well one of these juvenile delinquents came in about 1/3rd of the way in my last year of junior high. A major pain to everybody, even the teacher. I wondered how the heck he got released ?

And we had one kid, not quite right in the head. Thought he was a cop or detective, 24/7. Really strange.

Well it didn't take long for this bully to tangle with the weird kid. Instant justice. Thinking he was a cop, he goes to a police station and signs a complaint on the bully. Bully is sent right back to juvy. As far as I know was still there when I graduated from high school a few years later.

What a great day !
    LTG : )

#4258 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I always to the fan to ON otherwise the compressor makes me jump halfway out of bed when that thing kicks in.

I confess I always take a box fan with me on any road trip.

Sometimes I end up at a motel for the night that has some road noise, or train noise, or whatever, so while not needed much, the noise of the fan I bring helps me to sleep better.

If I ever have trouble going to sleep I use fan noise.

Then I relax and imagine that I am at the beach, and the fan noise is the window unit there, and I can always get up and have another beer and watch the waves a little longer.

Just what works for me anyway.

Quoted from swampfire:

I wasn’t paying enough attention to the audio and didn’t realize the other team was US, lol.

Let me guess, the Australian ladies were looking very cute, so nothing else mattered?

Quoted from swampfire:

I wonder who has more and better beaches - US or Australia? Now that’s a fun topic.

Without research, my best guess is Australia has more, because they are a island about the size of the USA, and we have Canada to the north and Mexico to the south instead of more beaches.

I think "better beaches" would be a matter of opinion.

I prefer the sugar white sand of the Florida panhandle over the brown sand on the Atlantic side.

I confess I have not been to enough beaches yet to form too many more opinions. But I will try to work on that.

As far as very bad shark attacks, I think the USA has less.

As a penny pincher though, the best beaches are the ones closest to you that you like, and do not have to spend any money on planes or any of that.

For me anyway, so far the best beach is Panama City Beach, because a 5 hour drive from here, takes about 20 bucks in gas to get to, and rooms are not too pricey and no shark attack problems.

BUT, the Days Inn there that I stayed at forever now has too many rules and I doubt I will ever return.

Used to you could take a cooler of beer to the hot tub, and sit in the hot tub all night long looking at the beach and waves, while talking to all of your new friends that you just met in that hot tub.

NOW, no coolers allowed in the hot tub area, and the hot tub closes at 10pm.

I confess I hate rules!

Especially the kind of rules that are not serving any purpose.

I mean if they was having a problem with late night drowning in the hot tub, ok, but I doubt that ever happened.

Quoted from LTG:

And being bigger and older were usually bullies.

Your story reminded me about something.

Around the summer of 9th grade, a new kid moved in up the street.

He was a big dude, boxed (not sure what level).

We were not friends, but not enemies either. He hung out a little playing pinball here.

I have nothing at all bad to say about the dude, we were just not friends.

Anyway, all I remember was a smart ass skinny kid ticked this boxer off, and then a teacher stepped in, and I can not remember which, or if it was both, this boxer dude punched them out with one hit that killed them.

It was briefly on local news, I forgot how long that boxer dude was supposed to be in prison.

And just last week it was on local news about a punch of a fist killing someone, and pretty sure that was also teens, but not in school, I think that was at a Applebee's or something.

Anyway, all I know is I really do not want to be in prison, or dead, so I will do the best I can to not piss anyone off.

(and not even worried about anyone I would ever meet face to face, but a lot of road rage going on out there, and road rage is where you really have to watch these people that you have never met).

A lot of people are just nuts anymore. Bat shit crazy.

The best way to avoid any problems is to go at least 20mph over the speed limit if you are in the fast lane.

And in a few weeks when I am on I-75 going to south Florida, I hope everyone in the fast lane is going 20 over, so that I am not held up, and then the person behind me wants to kill me for being in their way.

Anyway, please keep the fast lane wide open in a few weeks.

Stay Safe!

Drive fast!

#4259 2 years ago

A lot of people are just nuts anymore. Bat shit crazy.

I confess I was curious about where this phrase came from, and thanks to Google I found the answer pretty fast:

http://www.psmueller.com/batshit.htm

The text is kinda small so I’ll copypaste it here:

“Since I first published this cartoon around 25 years ago, I have received more correspondence about it than anything I have done before or since. I guess it struck a chord. As far as I knew at the time or know now, the phrase "Full Blown Batshit Crazy" just sort of fell out of my head and appears to have entered some part of the language. I seem to have the dimmest memory of a guy I knew in my early teens uttering the word "Batshit" on the school bus and nearly killing me with it. I could have it all tangled up with another guy or made it up myself, but it certainly sounds like something Birdy would have said.
    Birdy was definitely the first human to introduce me to the term "Hauling Ass." That I remember clearly.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy, or re-enjoy my little drawing.”

#4260 2 years ago

I confess I always take a box fan with me on any road trip.

Afraid of being a long way from home and can't remember if you turned it off or not ?

I remember reading about a lady. Every year when they went on vacation, they'd get many hours from home. And she'd start worrying about if she left the iron on or turned it off. Every year. Turn around and go check. Family was getting fed up about it.

One year they headed out on vacation. Just like clock work about 4 hours later she'd start worrying about her iron again.

Her husband pulled the car over. Parked. Went behind the car. opened the trunk. Took something out. Closed the trunk. Came back and got in the car. He put the iron in his wife's lap.

That story made me think of your fan. Not that you really needed white noise to sleep.

#4261 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I remember reading about a lady. Every year when they went on vacation, they'd get many hours from home. And she'd start worrying about if she left the iron on or turned it off.

My girlfriend used to do that crap with her coffee maker.

Now I walk through her whole house checking everything myself.

Confess I never turned around though, I made her call someone else to go to her house and check.

(sorry for such a short post).

#4262 2 years ago

(sorry for such a short post).

You’ve now apologized for short and long posts. Just type and we’ll read.

#4263 2 years ago

I confess to having destroyed a multi-billion Global Company ( I eventually retired from).
    (Content removed by request)

#4264 2 years ago

Oh I confess I lost a game of Meteor today by 150 points.

#4265 2 years ago

I have pav for breakfast.

Yes, I know I win.

DSCF9500[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9500[1] (resized).jpg

#4266 2 years ago

In another topic they were just talking about how much fun karaoke is.

I confess I know my singing voice sucks, but after enough beer I have to do it, I feel like I am the next superstar yet to be discovered.

#4267 2 years ago

Listening to Solsbury Hill at the moment on YouTube, girlfriend is waiting on me to crash.

I love that song.

Anyway, I was just telling her that I hope someday my last words are hold my beer and watch this.

And she was like yeah right.

I said I am thinking about buying a dirt bike, and making a ramp, and she cut me off before I could finish.

Goodnight!

#4268 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:Listening to Solsbury Hill at the moment on YouTube, girlfriend is waiting on me to crash.
    I love that song.
    Anyway, I was just telling her that I hope someday my last words are hold my beer and watch this.
    And she was like yeah right.
    I said I am thinking about buying a dirt bike, and making a ramp, and she cut me off before I could finish.
    Goodnight!

JP you are never to old to get that dirt bike, I am going on 60 pretty quick and just pick up a new Husqvarna 450. So sad I could not go out jumping today cuz the rain trashed our track and the ramps on the jump faces.

I confess I fell bad for anyone who never knows that feeling of zero G's on a dirt bike, it is unexplainable the free, exhilarating feeling of flying on a dirtbike

Living is riding a dirtbike, everything else is waiting. Do you want to be living or just alive. Get that bike!!!

I confess I am sad I missed a pinball tournament yesterday , cuz we had a wedding reception, wedding was last year during covid, there was no flow and it sucked.

#4269 2 years ago

Bought my first dirt bike a couple of years ago, after riding street bikes all my life. I wanted it for the exercise and fun.

Then i bought a pinball machine and realized the pinball was just as much exercise and fun, with 0% chance of falling off a cliff.

#4270 2 years ago

My pinball injury from Saturday night, so it's not all beer and skittles.

#4271 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

You win. That includes both times pinball brought me to the ER and the 3rd time I spent almost an hour cleaning blood out of my carpet.

Nice TWD mod perhaps

#4272 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Living is riding a dirtbike, everything else is waiting. Do you want to be living or just alive. Get that bike!!!

Confess after a few beers I am ready for a dirt bike.

When I was a teen my Dad had 120 acres, and there were also 26 miles or more of old logging roads on the land behind his that me and friends would ride on. (my bike had a speedometer, and one time I rode most of the roads just to see how many miles. As far as speed, a few places you may hit 30mph, but those roads were so crooked and rough mostly around 20mph).

Confess I am not wild and crazy anymore, I would not be jumping any ramps unless I had several beers, and having a hold my beer and watch this moment.

But if I had access to a place within a hours drive, with just miles and miles of trails like I used to ride, HELL YEAH!

Confess I mainly was just messing with my girlfriend last night about getting a dirt bike, and after a few more beers of course I had to post that here.

Quoted from punkin:

Then i bought a pinball machine and realized the pinball was just as much exercise and fun, with 0% chance of falling off a cliff.

Yeah, I have insurance, but I hate being anywhere near a hospital, so I am content with pinball.

Just 3 years ago one of my 60 year old friends had a wreck on his dirt bike, and he was in the hospital a long time, and he now has metal or something instead of bone in his legs.

Quoted from punkin:

Did you kick the machine as hard as you could or what?

Ok, you posted a pic of your foot and leg, can we see a pic of the pinball machine damage?

(I am just trying to be funny, sorry how ever it happened, that it happened. That looks pretty painful).

Anyway, confess the next time I ever look at a used pinball machine, I need to also look under it, to make sure there is not extensive damage to the underside from being kicked.

Confess I am very glad I do not have any money in deeproot stuff, but I have always kept up with those topics, because at first I was excited about the promise of much better games for lower prices.

The last few days reading the comments of both of those topics, hard to tell which one I am reading, the owners that have deposits down, or the other one.

Usually the other one has more comments, but today more comments in the owners topic.

Reading all of that is mostly depressing, I hate when anyone loses money, but some of it gets pretty funny also.

I confess when it comes to money, I have trust issues.

I am used to just buying nib, paying on the spot, and loading the game in my truck and bringing it home with me.

I totally trust Jason at Classic Game Rooms, but the one time I had to pay for something that would be delivered to me in a few weeks, I was nervous.

I prefer to just pay for a game and load it in my truck at the same time.

Down the road I may give Spooky a chance, and get one of their games, but even then I would just buy used, and take it with me the same day.

Spooky seems to be doing awesome and totally trustworthy, but all it takes is a tad of bad luck and things could go the wrong way, and I really do not want to ever worry about a deposit I made on anything, not doing a deposit on anything. Just pay and pick up at the same time.

At the same time I do not blame them at all for the way they do things.

They are small, so getting some money upfront helps them to not have so much out of pocket costs for labor and material.

And as far as Jason at Classic, the game I paid for in advance was the Big Buck Hunter arcade.

It started off with me asking him if he sold that game, and he said no, but he really should.

Then after he was approved, he gave me a good deal for the game to come direct to me.

(and the last time I was at his warehouse, he now has some nib BBH sitting there, so anyone can now pay and load at the same time).

I confess I really do like the BBH arcade game, but I kind of regret getting it now.

The reason I regret getting one is because my girlfriend is so hooked on it that she gets ticked at me when I do not feel like playing it with her.

I just have to be in the mood to play any game, whether it be pinball, cornhole, ping pong, or Big Buck.

The last time I was in the mood to play Oktoberfest, I had my 2nd best game ever on ball one, while she just sat around pouting. Ticked me off.

She said that I never play what she wants to, and I said what you want to play is all we ever play and I have been wanting to play Oktoberfest again for a long time.

Funny how some of these games can make a 60 year old act like a 6 year old, that is what it seems like with her sometimes.

I confess though, I am glad she loves most of these games, I have read a lot of posts on here about wives or girlfriends totally not into playing these games.

Hell, she is older than me, but she helps me stay more active.

Sometimes I just want to sit here and drink beer and type, until about the 3rd time she says "are we playing anything tonight or what" pisses me off enough that I get up and try to beat her at whatever game.

Yeah, she is a keeper.

And now she loves to fish also, so after the first 3 years we were together and the boat was rarely used, now the boat is also getting used a lot, and I was about ready to sell it or trade it for more games.

Confess though, like 10 years ago, when I was in between dating anyone, one time (and there was many times), but this one time on the boat alone fishing, I thought to myself how awesome this boat is, and I will never sell it, I love being out on the water like this.

I would like to take the boat saltwater fishing, except I love that boat so much I never want any saltwater touching it and causing it to rust or whatever.

And as far as motel room sticker shock, check out the prices in the Florida Keys.

Someday though, for a while I may would like a boat big enough that it has a bedroom, and kitchen, to hang in that area for a while, and stay on the boat.

No way in hell would I ever pay a motel 500 or 800 a night, and that was for the dumps, the better places are 1200-2400 a night. CRAZY!

Goodnight, and I hope all of you have a awesome week!

#4273 2 years ago

And as far as Jason at Classic, the game I paid for in advance was the Big Buck Hunter arcade.

I forgot that Jason sells arcade games too. The BBH he has listed now is almost $11k - I assume that’s not the one you got (that’s a lifetime supply of Natty).

I confess that it makes me sad to see multicades with LCD screens in them. I spent all weekend working on 2 CRT monitors. A local guy fixed the monitor chassis for my Area51 Site 4, but when I reinstalled it I bent one of the pins on tube without realizing it, so it didn’t work, just made scary wheezing sounds. I pulled the monitor out and drove to Dallas GA, and he saw the problem and fixed it in less than 5 minutes.

I spent the rest of the weekend fixing and tweaking my Tempest monitor. I decided to replace the chassis transistor sockets, and I somehow swapped the wires on half of them. It took a lot of troubleshooting and swapping to figure out my mistake. But rebuilding the high voltage section really did improve the picture, so all the hassle was worth it. I’m also feeling more confident about working on 6100 monitors now. This one needs some purity and convergence adjustments, but I’m afraid to go down that deep rabbit hole.

#4274 2 years ago

While thumbing through Craigslist pinball listings I encounter ads that have screenshots for their listing images…so they have the little (exit out) X on the top of their picture in the photo.
    I touch on those only to realize it’s part of the photo and not an option and the real X appears.
    For some reason that drives me nuts.

#4275 2 years ago

My opponent thought it was part of sledging to kick me with his steel cap.
    Didn't realize the result of kicking a thin skinned diabetic and couldn't apologise enough while kneeling on the floor trying to staunch the blood.

#4276 2 years ago

When I first got World Poker Tour, I set it to Extra Easy, 10 ball, and played over 100 games, and never once got to the Keefer Invitational.

#4277 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My opponent thought it was part of sledging to kick me with his steel cap.
    Didn't realize the result of kicking a thin skinned diabetic and couldn't apologise enough while kneeling on the floor trying to staunch the blood.

I don't think apologies would be enough for me.. I'd definitely tell him to beat it for a few events as well. Dayumm! Grown men can't be booting each other with steel toed boots because they lost a game of pinball! He feels like an idiot because he is infact an idiot! * edit- Is sledging something to do with pinball or something else?!

#4278 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I don't think apologies would be enough for me.. I'd definitely tell him to beat it for a few events as well. Dayumm! Grown men can't be booting each other with steel toed boots because they lost a game of pinball! He feels like an idiot because he is infact an idiot! * edit- Is sledging something to do with pinball or something else?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sledging_(cricket)

He's just an idiot, wasn't a hard blow, but i am extremely thin skinned and on blood thinners as well. He wasn't to know.

In fact there's other reasons he'll eventually get a punch in the mouth, but hopefully not from me.

If i can't get the blood out of my Brooks trainers it might be a different story.

#4279 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sledging_(cricket)
    He's just an idiot, wasn't a hard blow, but i am extremely thin skinned and on blood thinners as well. He wasn't to know.
    In fact there's other reasons he'll eventually get a punch in the mouth, but hopefully not from me.
    If i can't get the blood out of my Brooks trainers it might be a different story.

Oh he was "chirping", lol - Hockey term in Canada

#4280 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Oh he was "chirping", lol - Hockey term in Canada

Thanks, looked it up and got a good laugh.

It's encouraged in our Sunday Silverball, but this guy thinks sledging is hitting action buttons while someone else is playing, or barracking 'straight down the guts' etc. Just doesn't understand the subtleties that make sledging fun.

I gave him a massive wedgie in his track pants the day before for interfering with another player during comp.

#4281 2 years ago

Got one for JohnnyPinball007

Many years ago a Cambodian restaurant opened a couple doors north of me. SBA grant. Installed a beautiful all stainless steel NSF approved kitchen. Everything. If anything broke they hauled it out back and left it stand. A great assortment of refrigerators and stoves and stuff.

One of the partners had a tiny little daughter. Maybe 3 or 4 years old. She'd come in every day and I'd give her a couple quarters to play a game.

Now these people were the nosiest. They'd put the little girl up to asking something. I knew many of the questions a young child would have no interest in or know anything about.

One day she came in. I gave her a couple quarters. Then she asked me what my favorite movie was. I told her, Apocalypse Now.

That did it. I didn't see her for a few months after that.

#4282 2 years ago

I smoked a bowl and went to the grocery store. I overheard a kid arguing with his mom about not liking meatloaf. I am now eating meatloaf at midnight.

B936E9B7-AA6C-4A80-9F9A-B149FE571598 (resized).jpegB936E9B7-AA6C-4A80-9F9A-B149FE571598 (resized).jpeg
    #4283 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I smoked a bowl and went to the grocery store. I overheard a kid arguing with his mom about not liking meatloaf. I am now eating meatloaf at midnight.
    [quoted image]

If mom finds out your secret to eating meatloaf her life could be come a lot less stressful come meal time.

#4284 2 years ago

I thought you guys called it a fatty, but we eat meatloaf too.

OursLooksHeapsBetterButPunkin

#4285 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I overheard a kid arguing with his mom about not liking meatloaf. I am now eating meatloaf at midnight.

I have all of the Tales From The Crypt shows on DVD, and one time the real Meatloaf was consumed in a episode.

I always liked Meatloaf's songs.

I kind of wanted to see him in concert someday even though he is a lot older now.

Anyway, forget that, and RIP Meatloaf.

Thanks Jay, I really did not want to go to a concert anyway, and be around a whole bunch of people anyway.

(so how did he taste? He had lost a lot of weight so I am sure you had to add some seasoning to give the leaner meat more flavor).

Quoted from LTG:

Then she asked me what my favorite movie was. I told her, Apocalypse Now.

I have heard of that movie, but I have never seen it, but I think I get what you were saying.

(If the movie had anything at all to do with Cambodia I totally get it).

I confess I have never been into war movies, and what few I have seen I liked the 1984 Red Dawn movie the best.

(yeah, a fake war movie, but I was a teen at the time so I could relate).

I confess I hope there are no more wars not only in my lifetime, but forever period.

As more of the worlds population gets internet in their area, and discovers Pinside, I think the World becomes a safer place everyday.

(I mean yeah, it could still get complicated, and wars could start, if certain dictators were downvoted enough by other dictators, about things like a topic on which game is better, Star Wars or Star Trek).

Anyway, changing the subject, but I confess I feel depressed now.

Over the weekend, while drinking beer and playing music videos on YouTube, I came across a song I have not heard in a long time, and I played it twice in a row.

Hell, I can not understand what they even say, it just sounds good to me.

So a few minutes ago, I played the lyric version of the song, and no wonder I could not understand the words, they mostly make no sense.

So a few minutes ago I Googled the meaning of those lyrics, and most results were about someone wanting to end their life.

Damn all that harmony and stuff going on in that song just sounds so good, and the only real lyric I could ever tell what they were even saying said "I just want to live, while I am alive".

As good as that song sounds to me, and I could not tell what they were saying until I read the lyrics, well for me anyway, WTF, I like that song, and I am going to YouTube it again shortly, because my local radio now sucks, and I miss some of these songs.

(the song is spirits by the strumbellas).

(anyway, here is where this post gets really long and boring, so eject now from the mothership, while you still can).

My girlfriend has said, if I mention 99x one more time she will scream.

That was the best radio station ever!

Such awesome variety!

And a lot of those songs I like from those days, she says she heard on Pop stations.

When I tell her I like Alternative music, she says well that means other things now.

WTF!

It was so awesome in my area that I had 99x for a very long time, and I had one of their freeloader cards that I never used.

In my travels, some x stations are just heavy metal, and not into that, but a few are like what 99x was.

I am not into Pop, but some songs I like also become hits and played on those stations, was the way I was trying to explain what I like to my girlfriend.

A good alternative x station, will play the best from the local bands, and sometimes that airplay gives them a big hit, like say Shawn Mullins, local guy with his hit Lullaby.

(and I confess a few years before that hit, I seen him with a guitar on his back trying to hitchhike).

To me anyway, a good alternative station is just playing the best from local artists, along with well known and lessor know songs also from the past.

For every song that I YouTube that I say I like from the 99x days and my girlfriend says oh, I heard that on the pop station all the time. I can also play another one, and say I love this song also, and she has never heard of it.

Anyway, no x station that I can pick up at my house now(minor ones with low range are out there), and while there may be Pop stations still around, I ain't listening to any of that crap.

Yeah, I maybe could hear a awesome song that a x station would play if I turned to Pop radio.

BUT!!! On a Pop station, while I am waiting for the newest song from say Linkin Park or Awolnation, pop radio is going to play a whole lot of other crap that I can not stand and never want to hear in the first place.

It was kind of weird how right when the last good station went away, another "rock" station started advertising that they are now playing new music also.

Yeah, they play some of the last hits the x station did, along with old Led Zepplin songs I have been tired of for 30 years, and if there is a Braves baseball game going on, forget all of that, they broadcast a baseball game.

All I know is I was up early one morning to work for a client, and 99.7, (99x), was playing like R&B stuff, and I was like WTF!, is this a prank.

No warning at all, everything I loved radio station wise just went away.

Then there was like a 102.9 or something that grew on me and I was liking it more with new songs like spirits strumbellas and one morning up early again, it was all of this Mexican talk, and I thought it was just a very long commercial.

Those stations are still preset in my car and truck, and sometime I still hit the button hoping what I used to love is back on my radio.

My girlfriend seems to be safe though for a long time, of all things she likes Country. and in my road trips it is a shame how in some areas that is all the radio will pick up.

(I confess though, that Luke Combs When It Rains It Pours is a ok song in its own way and I can handle that song).

(and I confess recently I went a few pages back, and played the Jimmy Ricardo song that punkin posted, and she seemed to like that ok, too pop sounding for me, but fun for a moment).

And before I forget, it was so cool some of the funny captions recently!

The best one and had a lot of upvotes was about the dude with his pants down shopping for a belt.

I hope all of you have a awesome week!

(and I did try to warn you, that I was probably about to get very boring a long time ago in this post).

#4286 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I thought you guys called it a fatty, but we eat meatloaf too.
    OursLooksHeapsBetterButPunkin

If you're actually talking about meatloaf, lol, a "fatty" is a meatloaf wrapped in bacon cooked in a smoker.

#4287 2 years ago

If you're actually talking about meatloaf, lol, a "fatty" is a meatloaf wrapped in bacon cooked in a smoker.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if he was talking about the bowl smoking part, haha

#4288 2 years ago

No warning at all, everything I loved radio station wise just went away.

For traveling and not knowing what radio stations I might be able to get. I picked up one of those FM transmitter dohickeys, an iPod and loaded it with over two hundred songs I like. ( my van didn't have a cassette player or CD player in it, just radio )

So anything past a short trip. I'm good to go.

#4289 2 years ago

Yes i'm aware, but it's still a meatloaf. Didn't know you guys did regular meatloaf as well.

#4290 2 years ago

Confess that i haven't been so excited to get a pinball machine as i am to get my Multimorphic P3 for a long time. It's bloody months away too.....

My whole business model is based on modularity, so it's amazing to me to stumble on a pinball machine that is modular.

#4291 2 years ago

My daughter has a friend named Sienna, but apparently identifies as a boy. At 1 time, her/his name was Alex, but now wants to be called Sal..what has happened to this generation?! My name for her/him is Hank..but I don’t call her that to her face. ya, sometimes I’m an ass, and I’m cool w that..

#4292 2 years ago

I get a feeling of confusion when I flip on this tv channel.... not sure why.

0DA6DB49-B48C-4DB2-80B8-205DA0EB66DE (resized).jpeg0DA6DB49-B48C-4DB2-80B8-205DA0EB66DE (resized).jpeg
    #4293 2 years ago

I have lots of friends who chose to change their name because they didn't like it. What difference could it make to label the person because of how they identify?

Sounds like you're more than sometimes.

It's only your nickname you don't get to choose, your friends choose that. Otherwise i wouldn't be punkinhead.

#4294 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I get a feeling of confusion when I flip on this tv channel.... not sure why.[quoted image]

I confess I get excited for 90s B/W games when I see that or the logo in the corner. I don’t watch much TV anymore. My 4K 65” TV has bunny ears coming out the back of it.

I confess I paid $750 for my 32” 1080 but only 500 for the newer one above. I still have both and will keep them both until they quit. I’m not one who needs the latest and greatest.

#4295 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I picked up one of those FM transmitter dohickeys, an iPod and loaded it with over two hundred songs I like.

On road trips long ago I used to take CD's or old cassette mix tapes. (either way over 200 songs).

But for about the last 10 years, I never take anything, I like to channel surf.

Sometimes out in the middle of no where there is not much on the radio as I pass through.

BUT so many times channel surfing while on a road trip I run into some awesome station that plays songs that I had totally not heard in forever, and had forgot about them.

Sadly one time in Texas I heard a awesome song, that I had not heard in forever, and I should have just pulled over and wrote it down,(but I was going 110mph at the time with a awesome front door).

(and I probably spent a good 10 hours later looking through the top 40 songs of the 70's, trying to remember what that song was).

I never was able to figure out what that song was.

Confess it is nice having a lot of CD's, even though I just YouTube anymore, sometimes I can not remember the name of a song I want to YouTube next, and I can just look at the CD here to get the info to then play the video.

A long time ago a friend said "oh, you can sell all of your CD's now, now that you can YouTube everything".

HELL NO! YouTube is getting pretty bad with commercials, and trying to lean me into paying money to skip the commercials. NO!

I need exercise anyway, so it will not hurt me to walk 10 feet to get almost any song I want to hear and put it in my CD player.

Confess I am getting tired of MacAfee pop-ups all the time trying to get me to spend money for their crap.

This cheap computer is for fun, no business stuff stored on it, and I care less if it gets hacked. (although I stay careful anyway, anytime I am typing a long post, I am unplugged from the internet anyway until I am ready to hit the send button).

(and when I forget to plug the computer back in before hitting the send button, I get a red error message, and I am like "ok dumbass, you forgot to plug back in").

Confess I am pretty paranoid about internet stuff, in the past I was hacked, and a lot of my friends have been hacked also.

(the funniest ever was when my lawyer was hacked, the emails almost looked real, but I noticed just that . was not in the right place).

(along with the fake story that he was on vacation overseas and had been robbed).

(I called him on his office phone the next day, and said "hey buddy, do I need to wire that 500.00 to Cambodia or where ever, or should I just drop it by your office, since I know that you are actually in your office").

He had a good laugh, and said clients had been calling him all day about all of that fake crap.

Whether it be a fake call, fake email, or a fake text, I never click on any of that crap nor do I answer.

And yeah, I stay offline as much as possible, so that if I do get hacked, they can not do much anyway.

I may be wrong, but the way I always understood it is that they can hack your computer, and use your computer to send stuff out with their scams.

That crap will not work on my computer very well, when it may only be plugged into the internet for maybe a hour a day.

Now my old computer, that was getting slow, and does have my business stuff on it, I went ahead and printed all I would need off of it for the next 5 years(rental house stuff), and the one time a while back that I had to put it back online for a tax report, it was very slow with everything trying to bombard it because it had been offline so long).

For years and years I paid Norton, or MacAfee, or whatever, and that crap never helped anything, a total waste of money.

And the credit stuff, with companies wanting to charge you money for protecting you, you can do that yourself for free.

(it is a pain, when you do it at first you have to wade through crap that they are trying to sell you).

It does work though, and free. I know!

Anytime now that I start a contract with a new service provider of whatever, they say "oh, your credit is froze and we have to ask you a lot of questions to make sure it is you".

(and that is flawed, but hopefully scammers will never pick up on that).

Confess the only time I ever give my real SS # is when I have to do work on military bases and places like that. (and I hope I am done with that).

Doctors and Dentists for some stupid reason want my SS #, and I have always put made up ones down on their paper.

A lot of people just protest, and make a scene when asked for their SS #.

I just stay chilled out and make up one, that is close to the one I have.

And I confess, if it looks safe enough, sometimes I will have fun with the scammers.

Sometimes for a probably fake insurance whatever, when asked if I do anything risky, I will say not really, except I do take care of 20 alligators, and I trust them, and I like to feed them chicken that I hold in my teeth for them to grab out of my mouth.

And a long time ago, when I did need some business insurance, my cousin that worked for the insurance company that I was buying the policy from had a good laugh.

When he looked up my info, my corporation was listed as a chemical plant, with 500 employees.

Dun & Bradstreet or whatever is just so stupid, I am a tiny private business, and they have me listed as a chemical factory kingpin or something.

And I confess, there have been a few times that a government form would come in the mail, that said "penalty for no reply", and when I looked at it the instructions were to go to some website, and it would only take 8 hours.

HELL NO!

That was a few years ago, and I was nervous for a while, but I was still using the "shaky" computer at the time, so I figured if the feds showed up I could honestly say no way would that computer make it 8 hours in a row, so I was just going to pretend that I am backwoods and do not have a computer at all.

And I confess if not for Pinside, YouTube, and Google Maps, and a whole lot of rare CD's I am still selling on Amazon, I would not even be online ever.

And soon I will not be on anything at all for a week, while on vacation.

Yeah, I finally got rid of the flip phone and got a bigger phone that is easier to text with as needed for business, and I know that phone can be used for pretty much everything that I use a computer for also, but HELL NO!

Confess this is the only phone I have ever typed any contacts into, no need, I have everyone's # I need to talk to on paper, but it was fun goofing off and doing some of that.

Confess after watching some TV shows, where cops look through your contacts, I have not done it yet, but I plan in my phone to add Po-Po, and # 911.

Confess I really liked the 80's, and except for a little bit of stuff that I need now or want now, I am trying my best to stay in the 1980's.

(back in the good old days when MTV actually played music videos all day).

Overall I hate changes.

Used to for taxes some stuff I had to do at the bank, and some stuff I had to mail.

WTF! ever happened to that?

Everything online now.

While at the same time the post office is always in trouble because of crazy rules no other business has to deal with?

I would have thought that all IRS stuff and anything like that would always be mail, to help the post office with income?

Confess when my accountant firm sends me anything now, it is email with a link that I have to log in to.

Confess I HATE THAT SHIT!

I miss the good old days when they sent everything through the mail.

Confess I really do not even trust the mail anymore, but not their fault so much, it has to be tough with everything going online all of the time, while they get worked harder and harder trying to help old people like me, that prefers mail.

Confess I prefer to read about new technology, and all the things that can be done now, but I prefer to not be forced into using that crap, pretty much everything was fine before all of that, and I freaking hate having to create some password all the time for whatever new that comes along.

I confess I am just old enough, to remember when gas, and cigarettes, were both a lot less than one dollar. (and if not for taxes, both would probably still be pretty cheap).

And I care less if they start paying fast food workers even 50.00 a hour, unless on a road trip and just have to eat fast food, I will no longer buy from any of those places anyway.

And yeah, PLENTY of topics here about pinball machine prices going up, well hell, everything is going up.

Anyway, I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#4296 2 years ago

When I see Crazy Levi’s new avatar pic, I can hear Bruce Springsteen’s “Glory Days” playing in my head....ya, he’s one of “those guys”

#4297 2 years ago

I like to channel surf.

I did that driving to Texas. Heard maybe one song I liked an hour, and then usually went out of range too fast to appreciate it.

Sadly one time in Texas I heard a awesome song, that I had not heard in forever, and I should have just pulled over and wrote it down,

If you remember any words from it. Try a search on Google. Type in lyrics and then any string of words you remember. Something may turn up.

#4298 2 years ago

So confused.....

B748C6FD-D9A4-4229-BAC7-A17BA1B7EC6B (resized).jpegB748C6FD-D9A4-4229-BAC7-A17BA1B7EC6B (resized).jpeg
    #4299 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Heard maybe one song I liked an hour, and then usually went out of range too fast to appreciate it.

Sometimes it just happens like that, and sometimes not only do I hear a song that I like, I hear something so awesome that I had totally forgot it even existed.

Quoted from LTG:

If you remember any words from it. Try a search on Google. Type in lyrics and then any string of words you remember. Something may turn up.

Not only Google, YouTube now also does that.

I confess most music that was overplayed when it was out I am still tired of it, but a good new song, or even a song that was a hit, or not even a hit, that I have not heard in 30 years or so, I love to hear again.

For years I sold CD's on the internet for a living, I still have some on Amazon.

My personal collection has around 800 CD's.

And I have a list of maybe 600 songs, that I write down as I hear new or old songs that I like, so that I never will forget the name of any song again that I like.

And the Six Flags near me, that I used to go to every night to eat, when I had the dining pass was pretty good at playing some songs I had never heard but I liked.

Some of those were really hard to figure out.

I bet if I played those songs on YouTube, and you listened to them, and then tried to find the name of the song on Google, it would take a while.

Just a ' here and there is all it ends up being to find some songs.

Anyway, from now on when on a road trip I plan to keep a pen and paper handy, so that I will be ready to write down the next song that I love and want to hear again.

And always good when Huey Lewis and the News comes on the radio playing "do you believe in love", and songs like that, except songs with a beat like that makes me drive faster than I need to.

#4300 2 years ago

Shazam is a fantastic app.

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.