Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 252.
    #4201 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:I confess my infant daughter is currently being read a bedtime story by my amazing wife PocketSnacks who asked me to make her a cocktail. I couldn’t find a jigger, so I’m using one of her old bottles (she’s outgrown) because it has the most convenient measurement lines !! I feel like this is a great life hack.
    [quoted image]

Haha, I still have one of my daughters bottles for exactly this, and she’s 18.

#4202 2 years ago

I confess I'm kicking myself for not getting a game about 6 weeks ago (1200 mile round trip but done that before). It needed a shop job and I was working 6 days at the time. Since then a couple have sold for about $2k more, and I'm afraid that's the "new" going price for it now.

#4203 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Cause it will take a long time to arrive?

Actually yes, but not because of being anxious like it’s waiting for Xmas morning. It’s creating a headache logistically. I need a bigger truck. I’m being a disgruntled employee and I’m the owner of the company. So to keep my main employee happy I’m agreeing with him and obliging.

The problem is there is no inventory for what I’m looking for. I knew this. But whats really insane is, I can order a truck with EXACTLY the same shit as a two year old truck with 30k miles, for LESS money. I knew there was a long wait but I had no choice. I’m just used to having a deal in place with a vehicle and either selling mine outright or trading it and having the new vehicle right away.

Now I have no idea when the truck is coming and when I should sell mine. This is obviously money I would use when I pick up my new truck. Is it going to be winter at that time? I need to transfer all my tools over to the new one and make sure the new one is ready for that. If I’m out of a truck for more than a few days it will hurt me bad.

Plus the cost of trucks makes me sick!

#4204 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Actually yes, but not because of being anxious like it’s waiting for Xmas morning. It’s creating a headache logistically. I need a bigger truck. I’m being a disgruntled employee and I’m the owner of the company. So to keep my main employee happy I’m agreeing with him and obliging.
    The problem is there is no inventory for what I’m looking for. I knew this. But whats really insane is, I can order a truck with EXACTLY the same shit as a two year old truck with 30k miles, for LESS money. I knew there was a long wait but I had no choice. I’m just used to having a deal in place with a vehicle and either selling mine outright or trading it and having the new vehicle right away.
    Now I have no idea when the truck is coming and when I should sell mine. This is obviously money I would use when I pick up my new truck. Is it going to be winter at that time? I need to transfer all my tools over to the new one and make sure the new one is ready for that. If I’m out of a truck for more than a few days it will hurt me bad.

Unfortunately now’s not the time to be buying new, wait/price sucks and on top of that they’re stripping back some features and options due to chip shortages. You hiring? Haha

#4205 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Unfortunately now’s not the time to be buying new, wait/price sucks and on top of that they’re stripping back some features and options due to chip shortages. You hiring? Haha

Yeah I know, but the good thing is it’s a work truck, so I was staying away from all the extra features anyway. I’m getting a crew cab truck and first thing I’m doing is removing the rear seats to build a shelving unit for tools lol

#4206 2 years ago

I confess I’m waiting for Johnny’s evening confessional but most likely I’ll be long asleep by then. How in the hell do you stay up so late, Johnny?

#4207 2 years ago

I confess I’m still at work….partly by choice

#4208 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

How in the hell do you stay up so late, Johnny?

1. beer gets better the later at night I drink it.
    2. never been married, and no kids to cause me to go to bed early.
    3. self employed, can mostly work any hours I want, but one client requires I behave and get up early.
    4. beer.
    5. when I stay up late, I do set my alarm clock for the crack of noon, and sometimes I still hit the snooze button a few times.

20 years ago I mainly made a living selling stuff on eBay, and most of my customers were in CA, and I wanted to be prompt, and answer any question they had promptly.

So midnight in CA is 3am here, and I would work until 3am, and then play poker online until 5am, or 6am, and then get up at 2pm, or 3pm.

Confess I have always hated early morning crap on tv, but late at night tv gets more raw, so I liked doing all my stuff, while tv was at its best.

The weirdest thing that ever happened was on 9-11-01, normally I would have slept until 3pm, but for whatever reason I could not sleep.

I was up early, turned the tv on, and seen all of that as it happened.

Anyway, I try to go to bed by 2am now, but sometimes I am up later than that now, and I confess the day after I am up later than 2am, I really feel like crap until about 8pm.

And no post last night, because today was one of those need to get up at 5:30am days. (average 4 a month).

I slept 3 hours last night, while I was trying to sleep for 6 hours.

Confess I am very serious about never getting a dui and going to jail.

I keep up with how many beers I have had, and how many hours of at least trying to sleep I need to be fine.

Sometimes when I have to be up super early, I will just give up, get up, and drink water the rest of the night until time to leave.

Beer is all I have, no drugs.

I keep a over the counter bottle of Aleve handy, and in the last 7 years I have only needed 4 of those, and that was several years ago when I had some dental implants.

The dentist gave me some of that really powerful oxy something, but hell no, I can not do that, Aleve makes me high enough or whatever.

I have known of people that just abused drugs so much that when they had a real problem, and was in the hospital needing something for pain, the hospital could not help them, they were already immune to all the powerful drugs from abusing them for so many years.

About 2 times a year on average I will get heartburn all of a sudden so bad that my chest hurts so bad I think I am having a heart attack and dying.

After about a half bottle of Pepto Bismo, I am fine in a few minutes.

I buy a bottle of Pepto about every year and a half, and never any Tums or anything else.

My Aleve is probably out of date, I am sure I have not bought that in 10 years or longer, and I have only used like 4 out of that bottle years ago.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, (NOT, I love making these long rants), but I hope some of the stuff I just typed can help all of you someday.

LTG and others have always been so entertaining and helpful here, is the main reason I love to also attempt to entertain and give advice when I am able to also.

Seriously, keep Pepto Bismo on hand, if someday you feel like you are having a heart attack, drink a whole lot of it while you call for help.

I have a friend that did not know the Pepto trick, and that trip to the hospital cost him 80 grand, only to find out all he had was heartburn.

Also I keep a roll on muscle pain reliever handy, sometimes on average maybe 3 times a year I may lift something the wrong way and pull a muscle in my chest and that can feel like a heart attack also.

One time my Mom went to the ER, (she had great insurance from her work so did not cost her anything), but while she thought she was having a heart attack, it was a muscle pull.

Anyway, between heartburn and muscle pulls, maybe 5 days a year I feel like Fred Sanford, and feel like I am having the big one, and when Pepto or the roll on works in like 2 minutes, I know I am fine.

(I really do not think anything over the counter will fix a real heart attack, so far this has worked well for me, to confirm that was not a heart attack, it was indigestion or a muscle pull).

Confess I did go to a doctor like 30 years ago, and when asked and I told him how much beer I drink, that old man said holy shit and sent me off for some tests, and I was fine.

Keep in mind, 36 years ago last month, I was diagnosed with low sugar, and that crap can kick my ass if I am not careful.

Through the years I have figured out what I can do, and what I can not do.

Luckily cheap beer is fine, and helps me to relax and sleep.

I love donuts, I miss donuts, it has been about 30 years now since I have had a donut.

One donut will almost put me in a coma for whatever reason. I learned that the hard way.

So like if someday life just really sucks, my girlfriend were to leave me, the NIB pinball machine I just picked up has a messed up playfield, and no one will help me and I just felt very sad and miserable and wanted to end my life...I would not even need a gun, just a dozen donuts and I would be dead.

(confess I would probably be dead also if I tried to drink as much beer as I did a long time ago).

45 in 24 hours is my record. (along with 7 mixed drinks).

I am very tame now, 10-14 beers, (no mixed drinks, no drugs, and hell no not even the first donut).

Anyway, we are all getting older, and feeling like crap sucks.

Pay attention to how you feel, and if you feel like crap try to find out what is making you feel like crap.

And hell no I am not into yoga or health food or any of that crap.

Different things work for different people, you have to figure out all of that for yourself.

I know what does and does not work for me.

Cheap light beer, HELL YES!

Cheap ice beer, HELL NO!

Anyway, confess I hate to change a out lane post on a playfield, and I never have. BUT, spare flipper rubbers can take care of that pretty good on some machines.

Those pesky out lanes.

Also confess I have bought 3 pins in the past, just because they had the middle drain post factory installed.

(confess the middle drain post really did not help most of the time, I would be like damn... the ball missed the post and most likely I could have actually hit it with a flipper).

Anyway, almost 2am, and I have a lot to do and I need to be up at the crack of noon, so GOODNIGHT FRIENDS!

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#4209 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

LTG and others have always been so entertaining

Thought of an oldie short one.

Back some 40 years ago I had a young man and a babe came in. She was hot, and all over him. Thought he was the greatest. I smelled deadbeat right away.

He asked how much pool was. It was $3 an hour then. So he asks me if I have special rates for friends. I said yes I do. Then I ignored him. He left unhappy.

I occasionally get asked if I give a seniors discount. Heck I'm a senior. The landlord doesn't give me a senior discount.

Of course people that spend a lot of money or shoot a lot of hours of pool, I give them breaks. Never those that ask for it. And kids that only have enough dimes, nickels, or pennies to get a couple quarters. They always seem to get a few extra.

LTG : )

#4210 2 years ago

I confess that I thought today was Aug 1, so I drove all the way to Blue Ridge GA for a pinball tournament a day early. I looked in the window at the long row of dark pins and realized my mistake. My wife is mad at me for getting her up at 7am, lol. She usually sleeps till 11.

#4211 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Right now in Canada, guys can sell their 1+ year old trucks back to dealership for more then they bought them for, the dealerships are sending them to the states for even more money…. UNREAL

#4212 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that I thought today was Aug 1, so I drove all the way to Blue Ridge GA for a pinball tournament a day early. I looked in the window at the long row of dark pins and realized my mistake.

Could be worse. I know guys that flew to Expo, a day early. And people have shown up at my events, the day after.

#4213 2 years ago

I invited some friends to a BBQ 2 weeks ago that would be in 3 weeks time. They turned up the same day.

Dunno if they are coming next week again or not.

#4214 2 years ago

I confess Im feeling a little excited. In a few hours we are hosting our first IFPA tournament since January 2020.

Friends, pinball, beer, bunker. Mmm.

#4215 2 years ago

Girlfriend is here, so this will be very short.

Confess I have never kissed anyone's ass, and I never will, I will do fine without any of that.

Her Mom puts her through hell, and she deals with it trying to be in a will.

35 years ago I had a uncle that tried to get me to kiss his ass, since he never had kids and I would inherit everything.

I said F you, and did not talk to him for many years.

Now me and my uncle are ok, he is still out there, but ok.

All the time he says oh I need to give you the keys to the safes, I want you to beat everyone else and get the stuff.

And my girlfriend says oh, you need to get those keys.

You know what, confess I do not care anything about those keys, or any of that.

Family or not, rich or not, I do not need, or want any money or anything like that from anyone.

Thankfully my girlfriend seems to be finally close to being done with that also.

Confess at one time I totally completely changed the line of work I was in, after I heard whispers of Johnny just took over where his Dad left off.

Yes, some of his contacts I carried on, but at the same time in a short time I had a whole different set of contacts.

Anyway, I bought books about the internet long ago, and I did fine completely changing my line of work, to nothing no one in the family has ever done.

Little Johnny is not rich, but he is doing fine, and he still does not kiss any ass, just like in the jokes where he always looks at things in a different way.

I hope all of you have a awesome weekend!

Hell, I hope all of you have a awesome lifetime!

#4216 2 years ago

I confess that NIB games did sticker shock me at first, several years ago, but after I learned that as long as you do not buy a game that not many people like, you can play it all you want in the comfort of your home and not lose much when you decide to sell it.

For the first time in a couple years going on vacation soon.

Some motel prices seem a tad high, but not enough to say sticker shock.

But menus at restaurants in the areas I will be, damn!

I have no problem with a $15.99 shrimp dinner, but lunch was like $10.99 lowest price for a burger. Hell no!

I confess I have never used anything except the fridge in a motel room that had a kitchen, but in the future I may have some cooking ware with me on road trips.

Everything is going up, and I am pretty much fine with everything except food prices going up.

Jay sent me a link to a restaurant that had very awesome reviews, won awards, etc.

I looked at the menu, and sent him a pm back that the prices were kind of high.

Jay came back with yeah, and you will pay 8k for a pin.

Well, that 8k pin we can enjoy for a long time without having to go anywhere, and not lose much at all when we are ready to sell and get something else.

That $25.99 rib eye steak has no resale at all, it is just gone in a few minutes.

Am I missing something?

I mean I could be missing something, I was here forever before anyone told me about the basement here.

I mean is there some kind of fertilizer program going on that I have never heard of, that if I have that $25.99 rib eye I can resale the poop for $21.99?

And maybe that $15.99 shrimp dinner is worth $12.99 in this program?

Confess at home, we eat on less than $100.00 a month, and not eating any noodles.

I confess this whole pinball addiction has been awesome for me.

Used to I did eat out all of the time. And I lost all of that money, but no regrets.

Once I got back into this pinball addiction, I mean pinball hobby, I started looking at ways to save more money to be able to get my next fix.

Yeah for a long time we were doing the dining pass at the Six Flags 5 miles from here, worked ok, sucked sometimes when it was a tad crowded.

I confess a very long time ago I had steak almost every night, and now I do not even care about steak.

I love how pinball machines hold their value so well, and are so fun.

Food, blah, total waste of money but we do have to eat, and not doing any noodles but Aldi does have good prices on chicken and ground beef.

And used to on summer holidays charcoal would be a great deal and I would stock up. Sucks that did not happen the last 2 years.

Pinball is awesome when you are not rich. It will help you to pinch pennies and see what you are wasting money on.

Pinball machines are never money wasted, they always have value.

Quoted from LTG:

Of course people that spend a lot of money or shoot a lot of hours of pool, I give them breaks. Never those that ask for it.

My wealthy uncle is the worst at trying to get breaks with anything. I just roll my eyes.

But that is just his hobby it seems, and he enjoys that crap.

Over 30 years ago when I was doing flea market crap sometimes I would hear a Dad trying to train his young son on talking prices down, and that pissed me off, and I would say NO, before the question was even asked.

I have never talked any prices down, I pass if I do not like a price.

Yes I will ask about volume discounts sometimes, I think that is legit.

I would never ever ask LTG for some discount, it is a game room, it is not like he has 40 cases of #0 bubble mailers in overstock that he wants to get rid of that I could use if cheap enough that it would take me 5 years to use them, while in the meantime taking up space while storing them until they are all gone.

Quoted from LTG:

And kids that only have enough dimes, nickels, or pennies to get a couple quarters. They always seem to get a few extra.

I 100% agree with that. But like I just said at times in the past kids were being coached by parents, and it ticked me off.

I really doubt any kid enjoys getting put on the spot, and in the middle of something, that some tight ass parents are trying to teach.

#4217 2 years ago

I confess that NIB games did sticker shock me at first, several years ago, but after I learned that as long as you do not buy a game that not many people like, you can play it all you want in the comfort of your home and not lose much when you decide to sell it.
    But menus at restaurants in the areas I will be, damn!
    I have no problem with a $15.99 shrimp dinner, but lunch was like $10.99 lowest price for a burger. Hell no!
    I confess I have never used anything except the fridge in a motel room that had a kitchen, but in the future I may have some cooking ware with me on road trips.
    Everything is going up, and I am pretty much fine with everything except food prices going up.
    Jay sent me a link to a restaurant that had very awesome reviews, won awards, etc.
    I looked at the menu, and sent him a pm back that the prices were kind of high.
    Jay came back with yeah, and you will pay 8k for a pin.
    Well, that 8k pin we can enjoy for a long time without having to go anywhere, and not lose much at all when we are ready to sell and get something else.
    That $25.99 rib eye steak has no resale at all, it is just gone in a few minutes.
    Am I missing something?
    I mean I could be missing something, I was here forever before anyone told me about the basement here.
    I mean is there some kind of fertilizer program going on that I have never heard of, that if I have that $25.99 rib eye I can resale the poop for $21.99?
    And maybe that $15.99 shrimp dinner is worth $12.99 in this program?
    Confess at home, we eat on less than $100.00 a month, and not eating any noodles.
    I confess this whole pinball addiction has been awesome for me.
    Used to I did eat out all of the time. And I lost all of that money, but no regrets.
    Once I got back into this pinball addiction, I mean pinball hobby, I started looking at ways to save more money to be able to get my next fix.
    Yeah for a long time we were doing the dining pass at the Six Flags 5 miles from here, worked ok, sucked sometimes when it was a tad crowded.
    I confess a very long time ago I had steak almost every night, and now I do not even care about steak.
    I love how pinball machines hold their value so well, and are so fun.
    Food, blah, total waste of money but we do have to eat, and not doing any noodles but Aldi does have good prices on chicken and ground beef.
    And used to on summer holidays charcoal would be a great deal and I would stock up. Sucks that did not happen the last 2 years.
    Pinball is awesome when you are not rich. It will help you to pinch pennies and see what you are wasting money on.
    Pinball machines are never money wasted, they always have value.

My wealthy uncle is the worst at trying to get breaks with anything. I just roll my eyes.
    But that is just his hobby it seems, and he enjoys that crap.
    Over 30 years ago when I was doing flea market crap sometimes I would hear a Dad trying to train his young son on talking prices down, and that pissed me off, and I would say NO, before the question was even asked.
    I have never talked any prices down, I pass if I do not like a price.
    Yes I will ask about volume discounts sometimes, I think that is legit.
    I would never ever ask LTG for some discount, it is a game room, it is not like he has 40 cases of #0 bubble mailers in overstock that he wants to get rid of that I could use if cheap enough that it would take me 5 years to use them, while in the meantime taking up space while storing them until they are all gone.

I 100% agree with that. But like I just said at times in the past kids were being coached by parents, and it ticked me off.
    I really doubt any kid enjoys getting put on the spot, and in the middle of something, that some tight ass parents are trying to teach.

Much of this hits home. I dont mind splurging on a nice dinner every once in a while, especially on vacation. I think I justify this because I have an uncanny knack of avoiding the touristy stuff like the plague. My idea of a good vacation is seeing as few other people who seem like they are on vacation also.

Ive been to vegas numerous times but only for work where I didnt have to pay anything, and even then I rented a car and drove off the strip to check out all the amazing parks nearby. Vegas would actually be a great place to go because you can get inexpensive hotels, car rental is cheap (or at least it was) and you have easy access to some absolutely incredible stuff that is in no way what people would associate vegas with.

Credit where credit is due though, old vegas (Fremont St, and surrounding area) are quite the site to see, lol.

I am the oldest middle aged man I know.

#4218 2 years ago

Even if you don’t know what games people are going to like or not, the NIB prices might lower some months after they are new. But it seems like if you can hold onto them a little while longer they will become more valuable.

I remember unboxing a lot of new games years ago and the hype train wasn’t as much as it was back then. I’m thinking back to 24s WPTs Elvisesese and WOF. Now those aren’t as easy to find HUO.

I should confess I don’t worry much about which designer is going to work for which mfg.

I wonder if there are forums out there for refrigerator enthusiasts. “Oh yeah Pete is going to work for Maytag the new fridge coming out in 2022 is going to be really chill. I really like his wheel designs it makes it easy for me to pull out and clean the crumbs my wife keeps spilling under it”

Quoted from jandrea95:

I am the oldest middle aged man I know.

I’m the youngest old man I know

#4219 2 years ago

I missed qualifying in a tournament yesterday because I went out of turn, after having a few beers. I walked up to Harley Davidson and hit the start button a bunch of times, not realizing it was a 6-player game. That flustered me enough that on ball 2, I plunged player 4’s ball thinking it was time to drain out players 5 and 6 again.

But I confess that I don’t mind, because it was great just playing in a Pinburgh-style tournament again. Kudos to Vertigo Pinball for a well-run tournament.

#4220 2 years ago

Confess I played like shit and didnt qualify for finals yesterday. 1.5 points to little. And I was playing the machines Ive been playing during lockdown since fucking March 2020ish. Aaaarfgs

#4221 2 years ago

I tried to stay at the California coast a few nights ago, motel prices were really high. Let me give you an idea:
    Most motels were full anyway.
    Motel 6 with no TV and complimentary cockroaches: $240 + tax
    Super 8: $300 + tax
    Days inn: $325 + tax
    We finally found a decent best western for about $300 a night with one room left, so we took it.

I made very sure take all the breakfast I wanted.

I skpped the eggs, though, and I skipped the pancakes, even though they had the coolest pancake machine. Eggs and pancakes are something you always avoid in motel breakfasts.

That's a tip kids. Write it down.

I confess I almost always use the microwave to heat up some unhealthy food.

#4222 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I almost always use the microwave to heat up some unhealthy food.

I have actually been trying to eat more healthy. The diverticulitis stuff sucks though, so I have to be careful.

Butter beans and lima beans work great, and I have those 3-4 nights a week.

I never used a microwave much at all, except for popcorn, and I can no longer have that, which is fine because that crap always seemed to get in my gums, and cause problems anyway.

Quoted from snowy_owl:

I tried to stay at the California coast a few nights ago

Never tried the CA coast, but 3-4 years ago did stay near the 2 Six Flags parks while I was still doing rollercoaster trips, and the one room near LA was very nice (Days Inn I think), big, lots of space, even a kitchen we did not need for 80.00 a night. It even had a private balcony, but the balcony was cracked and I was a tad nervous while on it drinking beer and having a cig.

The room near the SF park (independent, was not a motel chain) was a run down hole in the wall, but it was fine for 2 nights, and it was around 80.00 also.

I confess that was one thing I loved about amusement park road trips, I could easily save money on motel rooms.

Yeah, if you are doing a beach trip, you really want a room right on the beach, and you may pay dearly for it, but you will be there all day, enjoying the beach, so that is fine.

But doing the amusement park trips, no you do not need a 350.00 room within walking distance of the park, you will not be using the room anyway, except to sleep.

Sometimes on the rollercoaster road trips, I would have us a awesome room, but a 15 mile drive to the park, for around 60.00.

I confess out of all the motels I have ever stayed at, there was one near Bristol TN that was by far the absolute worst. (it was not part of a chain).

It was like 7-8 years ago now, we had just finished the Six Flags at Lake George NY, and about the time I was in the Bristol TN area, I was tired, I was ready for some beer, and I was done driving and looking for a motel.

That motel looked awesome! Looked brand new! Was a decent deal I thought, like 50.00, until we opened the door.

That room was so old and run down looking it looked like some room that could be featured in a horror movie.

I almost said hell no I want my money back, but I just really was done driving, and ready to crack a beer.

(the people running it was like from India or somewhere, kind of like a lot of cheap motels).

Anyway, while I was sitting outside the room, relaxing, drinking beer, having a cig, the neighbor pulls in, in a old beat up car loaded with junk.

This dude was like 25 years old? And he lived there. He was struggling, but he had a awesome attitude.

He never once asked me for a beer, or a smoke, or anything, he was not some bum.

I enjoyed talking to him, and giving him advice about some things that he may try to get on his feet better.

And he seemed like he was taking everything I said in very well, even asking for more details about some things.

We were not loud at all. Nothing like that.

All of a sudden that foreign dude that owned the place came out and said it is 10pm, you need to go to bed, and this dude I had been talking to never said another word, he looked like a dog that just tucked in his tail and went right into his room.

That pissed me off big time. I sat there for a few more beers, thinking about how if this asshole owner gets smart with me, what I may do.

That was the only time in my life that I have ever seen a reaction like that between a motel owner, and a regular.

I have pretty much seen it all while at motels, and just because some are nicer and more expensive, I have seen plenty of obvious drug deals, with the main dealer dropping off more inventory, or hookers staying in the room next door, getting picked up for their next party.

I confess a few times I have thought about calling the FBI about some things I have seen.

And even though I never smoke in a room, I always sit outside, bring my own chair on a trip, I still ask for a smoking room. (that is where the action is).

Most places have their smoking rooms in the back, and that is where I want to be, away from the road.

We used to go to the Busch park at Tampa a lot, had season passes, and that (Comfort Inn?) was nice and roomy for around 65.00, and staying in the back there was always entertaining with 6-8 cop cars nightly taking down someone.

No one ever bothered me there, and I never seen anything, so I have no clue why so much cop action, but there was plenty.

It was funny there one morning I was sitting outside smoking my first cig of the day, and the neighbor is smoking a joint, and talking about how he was getting a CDL today.

I did not say a word, but I was thinking good luck with that.

I can not stand a bum, when on vacation, and I can spot them very fast, and they leave me alone very fast, and I never dealt with many.

But so many times I really think I may have helped a stranger, giving them some advice while I was chilling out.

Confess it would be awesome if someday a member here that now lives in a mansion and posts all these very nice pics of their game room all of a sudden were to post here Johnny? Like 20 years ago and you was passing by and stayed at this motel I was living at?

As far as the few bums, they seem ok at first, and then they say can I have a cig, and I say no, and they move on very fast.

I confess I can not stand a bum.

I confess at times I have thought about just goofing off and playing like a bum myself.

While I have sat at some red lights around here, I have seen plenty of people giving a bum money, and I see the bums car parked over next to the woods, and the bum is driving a nicer car than the people that are giving him money.

Some people make a living being a bum.

Kind of tempts me into putting about 40 five dollar bills in my pocket, and make a sign and stand on the corner, and when any sucker tries to give me any money, I give them 5 bucks, and tell them please never do this again, you are a sucker, and you need to keep your money, do you not see my car parked over there, that is newer than yours?

But anyone that is broke, and hooked on drugs, I have no clue, I can not help them, best for them is to get locked up so that they can get help.

And in my lifetime I have seen some very wealthy people get hooked on drugs, lose everything, and end up in prison.

A real shame they could not just enjoy a few cheap beers, and enjoy life, without having to think they needed drugs to be cool or whatever they were thinking.

And when I say drugs, not talking about a joint, these people got into the coke stuff.

Goodnight!

#4223 2 years ago

I have actually been trying to eat more healthy. The diverticulitis stuff sucks though, so I have to be careful.

I’ve had 2 diverticulitis attacks recently, 2 months apart, and they both started the same way: drinking. I only drink beer and wine, but there seems to be a threshold where the attacks kick in. I had 5 beers and 1 hard cider on Sunday because I had a ride home from a pinball tournament. I was in agony the next day.

So I’m back on antibiotics, which means no drinking at all for a while.

#4224 2 years ago

I confess I can not stand a bum.

Have fun with them. When they approach you, quick ask them first for a few bucks so you can super size your meal.

#4225 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I skpped the eggs, though, and I skipped the pancakes, even though they had the coolest pancake machine. Eggs and pancakes are something you always avoid in motel breakfasts.
    That's a tip kids. Write it down.

Does that go for waffles too?? I like making them with that flippy-over griddle thingy......

#4226 2 years ago

JohnnyPinball007 Just got a new one for you.

I'm behind my counter. So looking to the south is a bit of the side of my pop candy machine. Entrance you can't see. And the pins on the south wall.

A man is playing pinball on the south wall.

Door opens and the man playing pinball said hi to who ever entered, I couldn't see him and he didn't see me at first.

The man that came in starts saying how he used to play Space Invaders here. I said, "And that a**hole still works here too !". He responded with "Lloyd?" Then came the whole way in so he could see me.

Damn I love working here.

#4227 2 years ago

I had a awesome vacation last week. I won’t bore you with the details. We are golfing all day in the rain at the SC international. 18th hole my nephew is going for the longest drive. His club flys outta his hands into the lake. Yep it’s gone but it’s flouting. I gots this and fall face first into the water it wasn’t a swan dive. Bye bye sunglasses. I proceed out to get the club like king hippo banged momma June. I got the club but lost my phone. I’m about 700 down after that event. Would do it again? Hell yeah I would piss on them gators

#4228 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve had 2 diverticulitis attacks recently, 2 months apart, and they both started the same way: drinking. I only drink beer and wine

We are all different, but for me anyway, beer does not bother none of that stuff at all.

I want to try to help you, and anyone else that may have these problems. (I started to just send a pm), but thought no, maybe a post here may help someone else also.

Ok, so you know the main things to stay away from right?

No corn, no salad, no coleslaw, and hell no do not even think about eating any kind of nut or seed.

(I know there are many more foods to stay away from, those are the ones that I had to stop eating).

Ok, do you eat fast food?

If so, hopefully you know to stay away from the lettuce already, and the tomato's if they have seeds , but pay close attention to the bun.

If the bun has those seeds on it, pick all that crap off or just throw the bun away, those seeds will mess you up!

Do you take vitamins?

Vitamins were the last of what I was consuming that was messing me up bad.

Most vitamins do not digest well, and I only recently learned that and now I am feeling AWESOME!

All of my vitamins are gummies now, and the one that is only available in pill form now I grind it into a powder.

Anyone with this condition eating nuts or seeds, and lots of things will make you feel like you are dying, and if you have this condition, vitamins are just the same as eating nuts and seeds, unless you change to gummies, or grind your pills into powder.

I have no clue what you consumed, but I really doubt anything in liquid form caused your pains.

(I am just trying to help, I know what works for me, and what does not work for me, after I suffered for years myself).

#4229 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Damn I love working here.

Out of everything you have ever posted, those 5 words made me smile the most.

It is one thing to read something funny as hell that you posted, but way more awesome, that as awesome as you are, at the time you typed that you were totally relaxed and having a awesome time.

And I loved your advice about bums, and asking them for money before they have a chance to ask me for money.

It is so funny that a lot of what you post just reminds me about oh yeah, he is right, I used to be more like that.

I am so glad that you love goofing off posting stuff here, because as I get older, instead of being the type that says stay off my lawn because I do not like the way everything is changing, you really help to keep my mind open.

I confess I wish Pinside could make LTG a moderator, so that he could just kick off this site anyone that ever downvotes him.

I love the way that LTG says that anyone that gives him a downvote does not need his help.

Some people just gets stuck on stupid, and that is sad.

I confess that it offends me, that so many people these days get offended so easily.

I confess I miss the 70's, and 80's, back when most everyone was just getting along great and having a great time.

I also confess I am glad that I was not around in the 50's and 60's, because I would be a hell of a lot older than I already am.

Currently it is just so awesome, that we have Pinside, and folks like LTG here.

LONG LIVE PINSIDE, AND LTG! (and all of us).

#4230 2 years ago

I know some people hate my long posts, so I am trying to do more posts, that while may still be kind of long, they are at least not quite as long.

Anyway, I confess, I wish I really knew how Pinside even works a little more.

I will give advice and help when I think I can, but in the meantime because random stuff is also allowed, sometimes I know I can entertain with those topics.

Anyway, recently I have acquired some very funny stuff, for the funny captions topic.

BUT, while some of that stuff is really funny, I know some of it I will need to post in the basement, because too adult for the main stuff.

I have already had one warning about something I posted in the basement, and I do not want to get into any trouble, but at the same time I would love to share more funny stuff.

I have been told to keep posts PG-13, and then I have been in trouble for less than that, I guess because while funny to most, offended a few.

For something that is funny, but borderline, that I would really love to share here, I wish that I could just send those funny captions to a moderator or someone, that could message me back yes or no, and if they said yes, I could not get into any trouble.

I really miss o-din not being here, and at the same time I do not want to get into any trouble, and miss being here myself, while I am just trying to share some funny adult stuff.

Yeah, no nudity, I know that is a no-no. (while at the same time PG-13 sometimes does have plenty of stuff, that would get me in trouble here).

In the meantime I will keep posting in funny captions with what I know is safe, and sometimes I will post something funny in the basement, and hope I do not get into any trouble.

And I only risk getting into any trouble anyway, because some stuff is just so funny and I want to share it.

And I have no clue about how Pinside works, but my best guess is that the moderators laugh as much as anyone, but a few people with no sense of humor complains, and then to appease those people a post gets removed and I get a warning?

Until I know for sure, I will post in funny captions what I know I can, and once in a while post one of those in the basement.

It is sad how many people get so offended these days, and have no adult sense of humor at all.

I kind of think a lot of that must have started back when they started giving out participation trophy's.

Me, I am old enough to remember when times were more relaxed, but young enough to try to get along well in the world we live in now.

I love Pinside, and I hope all of you are having a awesome week!

#4231 2 years ago

I have no clue what you consumed, but I really doubt anything in liquid form caused your pains.

Greasy fish and chips (fries), 5 beers and 1 hard cider. And a sausage biscuit for breakfast (BTW, I don’t usually eat this poorly). I’ve been avoiding anything that’s small and hard to digest. There are some nice blackberries rotting away in our fridge, I just can’t chance it.

#4232 2 years ago

It is sad how many people get so offended these days, and have no adult sense of humor at all.

I never get offended, unless something is at the expense of a particular group (ethnic groups, LGBT, etc). I never report anything to mods, but I find it sad that people still think these are funny. Now, adult humor related to sex - I like all of that. My friend and I used to sit and read just the comics in his brother’s Playboy stack when we were 12. The thing about sex and gender jokes is, there’s a line that gets crossed sometimes, that makes something mean instead of funny. It just takes a little common sense to know where that line is.

#4233 2 years ago

It is so funny that a lot of what you post just reminds me about oh yeah, he is right, I used to be more like that.

Funny you mention that. Post divorce, economy took a nose dive, the no smoking. The first decade of this century really beat me up. My split second temper was gone. I tolerated more than I should have. Negative impacts on my business directly effected me. I didn't like who I was.

It's been a long way back. Last year didn't help. But I'm getting there. I like being me again.

I confess I wish Pinside could make LTG a moderator, so that he could just kick off this site anyone that ever downvotes him.

That wouldn't be right. People are allowed to express themselves. Whether I agree or not. Many years ago on RGP, a man posted, "I'm never going to say anything bad about anybody. Some day I may need their help". Smartest thing I ever read on RGP.

I love the way that LTG says that anyone that gives him a downvote does not need his help.

My time is limited. Running a business. Tech help. Keeping an eye on RGP and Pinside. Add in Facebook, PMs there and here. Four phones. Two email addresses. And people stopping in my business needing help with a game.

It's my help. I can spend it anyway I want. I don't get paid for any tech support I give. I'd rather spend a half hour digging up info for a new person, because it's an investment. Eventually they get their game going and may help others in the future. That makes pinball stronger. Helps it grow.

#4234 2 years ago

Vitamins were the last of what I was consuming that was messing me up bad.

Most multi-vitamins are loaded with iron.
    Men do not need iron.
    My friends were trying to have a child but nothing worked. I looked at his "Super vitamins" he had been taking, full of iron.
    He stopped taking them and his wife was pregnant a few weeks later.
    Most of the ingredients in vitamins are cheap salvaged industrial products.
    The vitamin C is sourced from crap too.
    Avoid bone meal, ground up animal carcasses.
    Other advice that has spared me from chronic conditions and indigestion.
    Fresh Garlic is good, more the better.
    Avoid Garlic Salt like the plague. Throw away your salt shaker.
    Stop cooking with grease. Butter, ANY OIL except Olive. Eliminate Lard, Crisco, anything solid at room temperature.
    Slow cook,do not fry. Learn how to drain grease.
    Drink distilled water. Cleans your system out.
    Drink green tea made with distilled water.
    Take an aspirin every now and then to thin your blood
    Fast often.

#4235 2 years ago

I had to fast for a day and a half last week, and near the end I had a strong sense of calm and well-being. The hunger that had eaten at me all day subsided. Of course, the drugs I had to take to clean out my colon ruined that good feeling. I may try it again soon (without the drugs).

#4236 2 years ago

I regularly go a day or two without solid food, rarely eat on a Sunday. I don't get hunger pains.
    I usually only eat one small meal a day in the evening.

It's all the beer that supply me with my carbs that stops the hunger i spose.

#4237 2 years ago

I've been thin all my life, i was 6' and 170lbs when I graduated high school. I've been able to eat with abandon my entire life, anything i want.

When I hit my late 40s, I noticed a little extra weight around the middle. I thought it was kinda funny getting a little tummy, after spending an entire life being "skinny". So i said big deal. That was about 10 lbs ago (i blame covid prison for most of it), and it's not as funny....wife doesnt seem to mind. I'm probably still "thin" to most people.

#4238 2 years ago

When I play my wwf royal rumble sometimes I talk to the wrestlers in my macho man voice..... I know. weird huh lol

#4239 2 years ago
    Quoted from epichoff:

When I play my wwf royal rumble sometimes I talk to the wrestlers in my macho man voice..... I know. weird huh lol

Black Knight 2000 is here on loan atm.

Every time i'm playing with someone and it says 'you can do it!' I'm like, No he can't.

#4240 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve been avoiding anything that’s small and hard to digest.

Keep in mind that goes for vitamins and medications. If gummies are not available then get a pill crusher to make into powder before taking.

All I know is I am doing a whole lot better now, I hope you are feeling great again soon also.

Quoted from swampfire:

The thing about sex and gender jokes is, there’s a line that gets crossed sometimes

Eventually I will post that one caption in the basement. It is very funny, and the picture just shows a woman wearing a dress and her knees are red.

Quoted from LTG:

I like being me again.

We are all loving you being you again!

I decided after my best friend died of pancreatic cancer last year, and he was not much older than me, life is too short, and I will not put up with any crap anymore.

I am still trying to get back to the old me, that was sharp with words when I needed to be, and faster to see a situation I need to avoid.

Quoted from LTG:

I don't get paid for any tech support I give.

I really hope JJP is paying you, or at the very least giving you games for free or very cheap.

Quoted from phil-lee:

Avoid Garlic Salt like the plague. Throw away your salt shaker.

That is great advice! Years ago when I grilled a lot I was using all these different salts, and while the steaks tasted awesome, I felt like I was going to have to call a ambulance later. Anyway, I have not put salt on anything in years, except for watermelon, and I rarely eat that.

Quoted from phil-lee:

Slow cook,do not fry. Learn how to drain grease.

I have not fried anything in over 10 years, I only grill or bake.

The only thinks that I even like fried are chicken and shrimp, and I do not have that often.

I do bake a lot of chicken legs and add BBQ sauce.

Quoted from swampfire:

I had to fast for a day and a half last week

Quoted from swampfire:

I may try it again soon

Quoted from punkin:

I regularly go a day or two without solid food, rarely eat on a Sunday.

HELL NO! Not only do I love to eat, but I also have low sugar, and feel like crap if I do not eat.

About 35 years ago I did have a shellfish reaction, and ended up in the emergency room, and for the next several days I just could not eat, but I had a lot of work to do and I needed energy, so I was drinking around 2 gallons of milk a day for a few days to keep me going.

I used to hate milk when I was a kid, but now I have a little milk for breakfast every day.

I never actually eat any breakfast, I never have a appetite in the morning.

First thing when I get up I drink a tad of Gatorade, to get my blood sugar going, and about 20 minutes later some milk, to keep me going for a few hours until I am hungry.

If I end up having to work too hard and sweating too much with the heat and humidity, I end of drinking Gatorade all day, and not eating anything until suppertime.

I confess I really hate the summer heat and humidity, but this summer has been a tad cooler here, only a few days it really sucked, and I am very glad.

Quoted from punkin:

It's all the beer that supply me with my carbs that stops the hunger i spose.

HELL YEAH! Beer is the best!

Quoted from pinzrfun:

I've been thin all my life, i was 6' and 170lbs

Me too! I am 5'7" and forever I was 135lbs.

Quoted from pinzrfun:

When I hit my late 40s, I noticed a little extra weight around the middle. I thought it was kinda funny getting a little tummy, after spending an entire life being "skinny"

Same here, except mine early 40s.

Quoted from pinzrfun:

wife doesnt seem to mind. I'm probably still "thin" to most people.

My girlfriend wants me to gain more weight, and HELL NO! to that.

Confess my stomach seems a little bigger lately, but after reading and typing this, I just got on the scales, and 150lbs, just like the last 10 years.

Anyway, for my 17th birthday I was diagnosed with low sugar, after I had felt like crap for a long time, and then for my 52nd birthday it was figured out about the diverticulitis stuff, after I had felt like crap for a long time.

Getting old sucks with all the new aches and pains, but hopefully someday they will have a cure for all of that, and also cancer, and death.

Until a cure for death is ever invented, we are all doomed to die someday. (I hope everyone gets that I am making a lighthearted joke, when I type things like that. I am only trying to be a tad funny, about what will happen someday).

(these days with so much PC stuff, it is hard to know if someone is on the same page and gets some of my attempts at humor).

Anyway, DAMN! some people are crazy.

Local news just had a story about some local young guy, that had already been in trouble for wounding officers here after he was busted for a break in or something, and then when out of jail, this dude takes a bus to DC, goes to the pentagon, kills a security guard with a knife, and then takes the guards gun and kills himself.

^^^ That was 100% true a news story while ago.

Anyway, so now I confess I wonder if anyone will start protests to ban buses, and knives?

Maybe now the bus lines will have to have TSA there, to screen and make sure no one is taking a knife or anything on a bus?

Some people are just getting crazy, and doing very bad things these days.

It is a shame, and it sucks!

BUT, I think I know what is really causing people to go crazy and do stupid things these days.

Climate change.

Anyway, I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEK!

(and I really hope everyone can tell when I am being funny, and when I am being serious).

(hint: climate change comment was meant to be funny).

(while at the same time I know that if it is climate change causing droughts and fires in some areas, and floods in other areas, then that 100% does suck).

(confess I am glad I am not a comedian for a living these days, the lines between what is funny and not funny are getting smaller by the day).

#4241 2 years ago

I really hope JJP is paying you, or at the very least giving you games for free or very cheap.

From JJP and CGC, I get the game. I'd need one for tech support anyway.

Both have wanted to hire me in the past. And even if they were paying me. I'd still need the game anyway.

No way. There isn't enough money out there to put up with or do what I do. And I don't do well with a boss. I had one once. The one year I worked. And I swore I'd never do that again.

When you are getting a paycheck. You have a boss. No thank you.

When Jack brought me on board. He asked how this is going to work. I told him, "tell me what you want done, and consider it done". Same with Doug. First time he sent me to Texas, he later told me it was the easiest TPF he'd done. What ever came up. I took care of it.

I'm happy the way things are. If I was getting paid. I wouldn't do it.

On the plus side. I've become friends with many of the distributors. And many of their customers. A big part of trying to make my little corner of pinball better.

I just hope it continues for a little while longer. With many of the big names that have left companies in the last year. For various reasons. I can't help but wonder when my number will come up.

#4242 2 years ago

these days with so much PC stuff

Just remember that the P is for “political”. The phrase “politically correct” was invented to gin up outrage and votes, and as something for people to hide behind when they wish they could say whatever comes into their head. But people can say whatever you want around me. If they’re wrong or just being an asshole, I have no problem letting them know. Free speech goes both ways.

I do like that politics aren’t allowed on Pinside and on the job. I don’t need to know which asshole someone voted for.

#4243 2 years ago

I want someone to make a LittleJohnny action figure where you pull the string and it says one of these 2 things.

#4244 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I want someone to make a LittleJohnny action figure where you pull the string and it says one of these 2 things.

While holding a beer!

#4245 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Pretty sure it would never stop talking.

#4246 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Pretty sure it would never stop talking.>

I love me some Johnny posts, but my lord is this funny.

#4247 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Pretty sure it would never stop talking.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"905d113cae75ed89acb51831e3a6dde8e7de1adf-1628207406-1800"};
    //]]>

-or- have the sound of a clicking keyboard.

#4248 2 years ago

I don’t care who judges me, Gran Torino is a cinematic masterpiece.

#4249 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

I don’t care who judges me, Gran Torino is a cinematic masterpiece.

And an automotive masterpiece.

#4250 2 years ago

I confess that I’ve been ignoring the Olympics while my wife watches, but the beach volleyball tonight got my attention. I’m rooting for Australia right now.

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.