DSCF9670[1] (resized).jpg
0431BF54-AF26-4F9F-8BCF-E01C0DB39311 (resized).jpeg
D877C437-E23B-4338-BDC9-89B10EA27525 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 10.18.34 PM (resized).png
83AFE2EA-FE5E-4A80-BD16-2B9B32C45B38 (resized).png
IMG_20210725_230229310 (resized).jpg
43C4095A-A753-4556-AF87-54347060F1CA (resized).jpeg
comp (resized).jpg

There are 4584 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 92.
#4151 57 days ago

I wish I could still love them.

I miss almonds, cashews, peanuts, and actually even salad.

If I go to a restaurant now, I have to try to substitute a salad for something else.

Oh, and make sure there are no seeds on a burger bun.

The last thing that was about to kill me was vitamins.

Now that I take vitamin gummies, and stay away from a lot foods that I really miss, I feel better than I have in decades.

Pretty sure the OP also knows what I am talking about.

Most people will be fine, but as we get older, I confess I have learned some foods do just not digest well, and will give you a whole lot of pain until you change your diet a little.

And hell no, I am not some health nut, and I hope I can always have meat for every meal.

But even if you are vegetarian, you may want to avoid corn also.

I never cared anything about tea, but I know people that was having a lot of kidney stone issues, and the doctor told them to drop tea, and drink at least a 6 pack of beer a day.

^^^ And I am serious about all of that^^^

(now I am goofing off)

All I know is someday we will all die.

Death is the #1 killer, and so far no cure for death in sight.

Confess at times, when I was actually not even feeling that bad, I have said "somebody kill me please".

(now serious again)

Confess at times when I was feeling very bad, I was saying "please help me get better, I do not want to die".

Thursday, some pain hit me that I have not had in a long time, but I have had it before.

I thought I was having a major heart attack, I was in very bad chest pain, and sweating bullets.

And just like the few times in the past this has happened, I drank a half bottle of Pepto Bismo, and I was fine after a few minutes.

There have been times also that the pain was a tad different, and still felt like may be a heart attack, and a pain relief roll on or spray for muscle pain took care of that.

I hope none of you ever have to deal with some of the pains I have sometimes.

The picture of the nuts reminded me how much I would love to enjoy some foods again, but I can never again.

Confess that while I have been self employed most of my life, I have also paid for my own health insurance my whole life.

And I rarely ever go to a doctor, and when I do it is for stuff like a chain saw cut that I need stitches for, or like the last time when I was having very bad ear pain, that was just something weird, and after a while they was able to get me what I needed.

Confess I probably self diagnose a tad much, but here is where I get some of that from:

Long ago a good friend of mine thought he was having a heart attack, he went to the hospital, 80 grand later turns out he had severe heartburn.

Long ago my Mom thought she was having a heart attack, went to the hospital(never heard the amount of that), but anyway it was muscle pull.

Most of the worst pains I ever have are chest pains, and sometimes I think I need to go to the hospital, but so far either Pepto Bismo, or the pain relief spray or roll on has made me better in 5 minutes, and I know no way that stuff would fix a heart attack.

So I do not have to spend a whole lot of money even with insurance, with all that hospital stuff, as long as the over the counter stuff still works.

And I have no clue how a actual heart attack could even feel any worse than some of the chest pain that I have had.

Anyway, my girlfriend is trying to get me to see a doctor, I am having a bad problem with my right foot now, and long ago I was diagnosed with low sugar, and she thinks I need the foot and sugar checked.

Confess I think I will be fine.

I have had the low sugar thing for over 35 years now, and I know what I can and can not do, and what I need to do if I feel a tad too funky.

The foot thing is new though, so yeah, if it keeps hurting or gets worse I will go see a doc.

Confess I hope to be here for a long time driving some of you nuts with my long posts.

Confess I hope to be more funny, and not so serious.

But this week kind of kicked my ass.

I do feel a lot better at the moment.

If anything happens to me, I am all good, I have had a awesome life.

(trying to be funny again now),

I am so glad that scientists and doctors are working so hard to come up with cancer cures, and other stuff like that.

But they really need to focus on a cure for death. Death still kills more people than all other things combined.

And I confess I hate it when the Funny Captions gets derailed, and just talking, and no funny caption stuff to look at when I see 5 new posts there.

But at the same time I love how everything here just just goes all over the place so much.

Confess that I was surprised that we did not talk about boogers for long at all though.

(and sorry to bring that up, I hope we are done with booger talk).

(gas and belch talk is more entertaining).

Confess while ago on the lake night fishing a boat anchored near me and my girlfriend, and when I would make some of that noise she would be like shh, they may hear you, and I said I don't give a crap, I was here first.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#4152 57 days ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I love these
[quoted image]

Me too!!! I love the wasabi ones. Now I’m on these lol.

DCF48F9A-B891-4114-9BD7-5EF7A02F5A25 (resized).jpeg
#4153 56 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I wish I could still love them.
I miss almonds, cashews, peanuts, and actually even salad.
If I go to a restaurant now, I have to try to substitute a salad for something else.
Oh, and make sure there are no seeds on a burger bun.
The last thing that was about to kill me was vitamins.
Now that I take vitamin gummies, and stay away from a lot foods that I really miss, I feel better than I have in decades.
Pretty sure the OP also knows what I am talking about.
Most people will be fine, but as we get older, I confess I have learned some foods do just not digest well, and will give you a whole lot of pain until you change your diet a little.
And hell no, I am not some health nut, and I hope I can always have meat for every meal.
But even if you are vegetarian, you may want to avoid corn also.
I never cared anything about tea, but I know people that was having a lot of kidney stone issues, and the doctor told them to drop tea, and drink at least a 6 pack of beer a day.
^^^ And I am serious about all of that^^^
(now I am goofing off)
All I know is someday we will all die.
Death is the #1 killer, and so far no cure for death in sight.
Confess at times, when I was actually not even feeling that bad, I have said "somebody kill me please".
(now serious again)
Confess at times when I was feeling very bad, I was saying "please help me get better, I do not want to die".
Thursday, some pain hit me that I have not had in a long time, but I have had it before.
I thought I was having a major heart attack, I was in very bad chest pain, and sweating bullets.
And just like the few times in the past this has happened, I drank a half bottle of Pepto Bismo, and I was fine after a few minutes.
There have been times also that the pain was a tad different, and still felt like may be a heart attack, and a pain relief roll on or spray for muscle pain took care of that.
I hope none of you ever have to deal with some of the pains I have sometimes.
The picture of the nuts reminded me how much I would love to enjoy some foods again, but I can never again.
Confess that while I have been self employed most of my life, I have also paid for my own health insurance my whole life.
And I rarely ever go to a doctor, and when I do it is for stuff like a chain saw cut that I need stitches for, or like the last time when I was having very bad ear pain, that was just something weird, and after a while they was able to get me what I needed.
Confess I probably self diagnose a tad much, but here is where I get some of that from:
Long ago a good friend of mine thought he was having a heart attack, he went to the hospital, 80 grand later turns out he had severe heartburn.
Long ago my Mom thought she was having a heart attack, went to the hospital(never heard the amount of that), but anyway it was muscle pull.
Most of the worst pains I ever have are chest pains, and sometimes I think I need to go to the hospital, but so far either Pepto Bismo, or the pain relief spray or roll on has made me better in 5 minutes, and I know no way that stuff would fix a heart attack.
So I do not have to spend a whole lot of money even with insurance, with all that hospital stuff, as long as the over the counter stuff still works.
And I have no clue how a actual heart attack could even feel any worse than some of the chest pain that I have had.
Anyway, my girlfriend is trying to get me to see a doctor, I am having a bad problem with my right foot now, and long ago I was diagnosed with low sugar, and she thinks I need the foot and sugar checked.
I have had the low sugar thing for over 35 years now, and I know what I can and can not do, and what I need to do if I feel a tad too funky.
The foot thing is new though, so yeah, if it keeps hurting or gets worse I will go see a doc.
Confess I hope to be here for a long time driving some of you nuts with my long posts.
Confess I hope to be more funny, and not so serious.
But this week kind of kicked my ass.
I do feel a lot better at the moment.
If anything happens to me, I am all good, I have had a awesome life.
(trying to be funny again now),
I am so glad that scientists and doctors are working so hard to come up with cancer cures, and other stuff like that.
But they really need to focus on a cure for death. Death still kills more people than all other things combined.
And I confess I hate it when the Funny Captions gets derailed, and just talking, and no funny caption stuff to look at when I see 5 new posts there.
But at the same time I love how everything here just just goes all over the place so much.
Confess that I was surprised that we did not talk about boogers for long at all though.
(and sorry to bring that up, I hope we are done with booger talk).
(gas and belch talk is more entertaining).
Confess while ago on the lake night fishing a boat anchored near me and my girlfriend, and when I would make some of that noise she would be like shh, they may hear you, and I said I don't give a crap, I was here first.
I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

Hey Johnny,
Probably just heartburn, but you may just want to get checked over by a Doc!!
I confess I would miss your long posts!!

#4154 56 days ago

I haven't been this excited to go over to friends house since I was 15 years old, and a girl was involved back then.

#4155 56 days ago

I wonder how many people said that a week before their funeral.

LTG : )

#4156 56 days ago

and drink at least a 6 pack of beer a day.

I should be good to go as well!

5hibqy (resized).jpg
#4157 56 days ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

I should be good to go as well![quoted image]

Fuck! My Dr.'s telling me It's time for another colonoscopy!

#4158 56 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Fuck! My Dr.'s telling me It's time for another colonoscopy!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"1465f4f5e77a18990e36adc3347925e1d9db44f0-1627160844-1800"};
//]]>

Make sure you do that. It is real important.

#4159 56 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

It's time for another colonoscopy!

I'm 59 and have had 3 of them.Suppose to get another the next 6 months.Sucks but very important.

#4160 56 days ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

I'm 59 and have had 3 of them.Suppose to get another the next 6 months.Sucks but very important.

Unfortunately I got the stage 4 colon cancer at 40 before the recommendation.

#4161 56 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I haven't been this excited to go over to friends house since I was 15 years old, and a girl was involved back then.

I confess I’m happy to sit down for the first time in 10 hours after running around keeping on top of things. Only one coil pulling in on WWW. Won’t know until tomorrow since other games are blocking my ability to take the glass off.

Thanks for bringing the extra fans by. Turns out I have a great HVAC system but best to push air to other rooms where it’s needed more.

#4162 56 days ago

I also confess I had really dirty carpet yesterday. How embarrassing. Small room too.

560386C6-31A3-42D0-B0A4-240BD57E6B7C (resized).jpeg
#4163 56 days ago

Earlier today before things got crazy. I think volume on AC/DC is maxed out right now.

#4164 56 days ago

Broke a tooth off while ago, left a razor sharp edge that shredded my tongue.
Was able to introduce a wrapped paper towel to break off the sharp part.
What a blessing, can now sleep tonight without damage.
Before going in to a bad/survival situation get the dental work out of the way.
"Survivor" with T Hanks brought it home and made it clear.
Somehing small and out of mind can become the main focus of your entire existence quick

#4165 56 days ago

Oh heck yeah, we’re talking about colonoscopies? I’m going in for my second one on Wednesday (first one was 7 years ago). My younger brother was diagnosed with colon cancer at 50, and had to have part of his colon removed. I don’t want that, but I’m planning to live for another 30 years, so whatever it takes. I’m not looking forward to the fasting and the prep, but I’m definitely looking forward to the anesthesia drugs.

#4166 56 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I didn’t want to upvote this. I hope you recovered and you’re doing okay. I know it can be life-changing.

#4167 56 days ago

I confess cancer for me is a matter of when, not if, especially with my family history. Get yourself checked early and often.

#4168 54 days ago

Putting BSD back together, I reversed the support brackets on the playfield. Locked in -- and not coming out!

I had visions of having to attempt to remove the speaker and reach through the hole to wrangle it out; or even more serious surgery.

Eventually figured out I could release the brackets by pushing them up with a board on each side....whew!

#4169 54 days ago
Quoted from EJS:I confess cancer for me is a matter of when, not if, especially with my family history. Get yourself checked early and often.

I have a young female doctor now, and she’s great, but she doesn’t check my prostate or testicles, and I’m afraid to ask. I think I need to find an old male doctor for this next phase of my life. Someone who makes bad jokes while he’s checking my nuts for lumps.

#4170 54 days ago

More of an arcade confession, but it fits here.

I’ve been cleaning out all my storage this week, trying to un-hoard stuff. Today I found a spare Tempest board, which I’m pretty sure was my old broken one. My first impulse was to chuck it into the trash, after harvesting all the chips. Instead I decided to put it in my game to see what was working. Nothing worked, so I pulled it back out and put the original good board back in. Now, it didn’t work. I checked my AR2 board in my Gravitar - it was good. Did some more checking and figured out that something blew out an op-amp or transistor in the 6100 monitor. So now I have that repair to look forward to.

All because I thought my old Tempest board might be worth $50 to somebody.

D0AC22CD-5A97-43AA-968D-39DED07571B2 (resized).jpeg
#4171 54 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have a young female doctor now, and she’s great, but she doesn’t check my prostate or testicles, and I’m afraid to ask. I think I need to find an old male doctor for this next phase of my life. Someone who makes bad jokes while he’s checking my nuts for lumps.

Pride and shame will get you killed. Just ask her.

You want those resident doctors they’re fresh out of school with the latest knowledge. The VA is great too for prostate stuff since their client base is mostly old men albeit changing now.

I’ve ran into some very foul mouthed ER docs those are the ones you want too. I know of one in MN who leaves a trail of F bombs all over the place. If I was ever bleeding out I’d want her.

#4172 54 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My first impulse was to chuck it into the trash

Quoted from swampfire:

So now I have that repair to look forward to.

Quoted from swampfire:

All because I thought my old Tempest board might be worth $50 to somebody.

(not with a board, but in general the same kind of stuff):

BEEN THERE DONE THAT!

I pinch pennies, hate to throw anything away now, because sometimes now I need something, I am going to have to go buy it, and I think damn, I hauled one of those off to the dump a while back, thinking I would never need one of those whatever it was again.

Even today I found a use for some copper wire that normally I would have sold long ago as scrap.

Confess when I first started looking at the forums here, I looked at "show us your game room pics".

Then after a while I was like am I on Pinside? Or is this a episode of game rooms of the rich and famous.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that so many can afford all of that.

Then I seen the topic "who likes beer"?

And I said hell yeah, I am in that club.

Then I seen all the pics of the fancy beers, in the fancy game rooms, and I did not hang around long.

Some of those Jones are doing pretty awesome, while at the same time I am happy with my life, and I have no plans of even trying to keep up with any Jones's.

Sometimes even with a few awesome games I feel like I am living on the street, and on welfare, when I see some of the pics here.

But in real life none of my friends have any games, (or even any rental houses), so in real life I feel like I am doing pretty well.

Confess I love Pinside, because I am about the lowest of the low, and anyone here that has been here for a while I know I can trust.

I am sorry I have made so many long posts here.

After a few (cheap) beers I just have enjoyed posting in this topic.

After the one post, with:

Quoted from bssbllr:

That just threw me for a loop.

Forever we have just goofed off, and here is a post so intense I almost thought I would just have to take a break, and I did for a couple of days.

I am sorry that I do not know his name, for some reason I am thinking Bill?

I do know he has posted a lot in pics from your window, and a whole lot of them has been from his hospital window.

I am not good at any of that, I can not stand dealing with thoughts of how much someone must be suffering, just way sad.

Confess when I see sad posts, it makes me feel very sad.

Confess when I see a sad post I do say a silent prayer to wish them the best, but I do not post anything here.

Confess I would love to be here goofing off and having fun, but I am getting better at dealing with the good and bad, and getting old myself.

I do try to be positive, and say I hope all of you have a awesome week and things like that.

I confess my Dad was in very bad health for like 15 years, and the last few years he was in the den of my house, in a hospital bed, and I helped with him the best I could, so that he did not have to be in some nursing home somewhere.

I confess that stuff wore me out and aged me a lot.

Now I know why so many kids move a long way away from their parents, because dealing with that stuff sucks.

My parents were always awesome to me, so for a long time now I have been taking care of them.

Dad passed a while back, now Mom is getting nuts. She is in great shape, but crazy as a bat now.

Quoted from swampfire:

I think I need to find an old male doctor

Do what you think is best for you.

You know what you need, listen to your body.

My whole life I have lived with low sugar.

A couple of years ago I had ear pain so bad I was about ready to eat a bullet.

At times in the past when I have felt so bad that I did not give a crap if I were to just die, I would think about the NFL, and how much I would love to be able to watch many more Super Bowls in the future, while totally hating whatever new idiot that plays the halftime show anymore.

Anyway, I hope someday my last words are "grab a beer and watch this".

While I am still feeling pretty good.

Dad had a lot of problems, but stroke after stroke was what got him.

Unless I feel really bad, like the ear thing, I am not going to any doctor, and yes I did get a vaccine just to be safe with this new stuff that can not talk about here.

Confess sometimes I hate Pinside, I have all of these new friends and some I have met, and will be hanging out with again soon, and really I am just a hermit, shy as hell, but I get on here and just type away, for way too long.

In person, I am pretty normal and I do not talk too much.

I wish I could just goof off and try to make everyone laugh, but I can not now, sorry.

I hope all of you have a awesome week, and no one has to be in a hospital, or any of that, for any reason.

#4173 54 days ago

I confess my Dad was in very bad health for like 15 years, and the last few years he was in the den of my house, in a hospital bed, and I helped with him the best I could, so that he did not have to be in some nursing home somewhere.
I confess that stuff wore me out and aged me a lot.
Now I know why so many kids move a long way away from their parents, because dealing with that stuff sucks.
My parents were always awesome to me, so for a long time now I have been taking care of them.
Dad passed a while back, now Mom is getting nuts. She is in great shape, but crazy as a bat now.

I confess this warms my heart. Not the wore me out and aged me a lot part sorry for that. You are doing a great thing and for along time for your parents. It’s sad about your mother because it always seems like that either the body gives out or the brain. It’s awesome that you are able to say your parents were awesome to you.

You were close on the name too, Bob

#4174 53 days ago

Confess that sometimes i don't know what's going on or how a conversation can get turned around and i feel i'm out of my depth, but in the same instance i know perfectly well that it's just people trying to obfuscate to hide their own stupidity.

I just don't know why that makes me feel stupid.

#4175 53 days ago

Anyway, I hope someday my last words are "grab a beer and watch this".

Theres a good list of Famous last words" and my favorite?
"Now comes the answer to the mystery"

#4176 53 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Confess that sometimes i don't know what's going on or how a conversation can get turned around and i feel i'm out of my depth, but in the same instance i know perfectly well that it's just people trying to obfuscate to hide their own stupidity.

Thats called "Baffle them with bullshit" Took me awhile to recognize it, but once you do it stops working.
A Friend told me a long time ago "Most people ain't about nothing"
So when you are about something they don't like it and try to shut you down.

#4177 53 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Using big words shouldn't make you feel stupid. Maybe, more worldly.

#4178 53 days ago

C'mon Lloyd, that's not a big word, merely uncommon.

Antidisestablishmentarianism, now there's a big word.

The whole thing is floccinaucinihilipilification anyway.

#4179 53 days ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

You were close on the name too, Bob

Bob, I really hope that you can get all you need, to be back to 100% very soon.

It sucks to be be sick a lot, when I was younger I was sick all the time, I had 4 surgery's myself before I turned 17.

I am only fine now because I refuse to see a doctor to see what problems I may have.

Just a few months ago my best friend passed away from pancreatic cancer. He never even knew he had it. He did go to urgent care thinking he had the virus, and they were treating him for that, even though all of those tests were negative.

The pictures you made from your hospital room really reminded me of my Dad, he was in the hospital a lot during his last 10 years.

I really hope no one ever has to suffer the way my Dad did. And pretty much all of that was strokes, and he was diabetic, and blind the last several years.

Dad loved the 3 stooges, and before he went 100% blind I had all of these VHS tapes ready to give to him.

But after he went blind I did get him all the music CD's that he wanted, and he was able to enjoy that at least.

Anyway, I really hope you have many years and years of quality time and no suffering or even any hospital trips in your future.

Quoted from LTG:

Using big words

I have a neighbor that loves to use big words.

I just roll my eyes and say whatever when he does that.

In the meantime we both have rental houses, and both sell some stuff on the internet, so we do have some good conversations about the best plumber or whatever we have found recently, along with the impossible to deal with internet customers that we run into.

(I have also been taking care of his 3 acre property for about 20 years now, and forever I billed him monthly, now this year I am billing once every 2 months, and for whatever reason he pays that bill a lot faster now).

(my girlfriend thinks it is because he does not want that bill to get any higher, before he pays).

That dude is a nut. He is from "Boston, MA", but really just a nerd from Alabama. He was actually born in Alabama, and his Dad was a nerd and they moved to MA when he was young.

My Dad was very cool and awesome, and I am glad I was able to help him for years while he was going blind and having a whole lot of stuff going wrong.

My neighbors Dad, he can keep him, whiny old man, complains about everything, (kind of like my girlfriends Mom).

Confess I had the best Dad ever, and I still have the best Mom ever.

And my girlfriend is awesome, sometimes she even comments that I should talk to my Mom more, because she is awesome, and not like her Mom, which is not awesome.

Anyway my whole life I always heard that the good die young, and I have seen that first hand with some of my friends that are not here now.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#4180 52 days ago

I confess that when I came out of anesthesia for my colonoscopy an hour ago, I said “I’m Rick Grimes, I need to see my people”. Then…”oh, wait, sorry, I’m not him”.

Doctor says I’m good for at least another 7 years.

#4181 52 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I confess that when I came out of anesthesia for my colonoscopy an hour ago, I said “I’m Rick Grimes, I need to see my people”. Then…”oh, wait, sorry, I’m not him”.
Doctor says I’m good for at least another 7 years.

I always wish they had me asleep longer! Congrats on your outcome.

#4182 52 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I insisted they had not done the procedure yet when I came out of anesthesia. I am sure they get that a lot.

#4183 52 days ago

So hey, like....I live in Canada 'n shit and i've had maple syrup like twice or thrice in my life on my pancakes and shit, So i confess that people got us all wrong and stuff.

#4184 52 days ago

I’m still hungover from last night. Our town does a summer concert series every summer in July. Each Tuesday a different band. They encourage you to bring your own food and drinks, alcohol permitted.

So last night was that last show of the year and it was The Beach Boys. These guys killed it! They still sounded the same and played almost a solid two hours straight. And no bullshit constant talking between songs. They just ripped through.

So a couple friends of ours and my brother came by to go with. We primed up a little before the show and then walked over. It’s literally that close to me. We brought a wagon full of beer that was completely empty by the end of show. But the really stupid part was that we continued to whoop it up till 2am. I was fucking wrecked I’m not going to lie.

But I believe that if you don’t want to do the time, don’t do the crime, so i still went to work today and gutted a bathroom. I wanted to die. I also sweat out so much alcohol, that the bathroom probably smelled like a brewery. But as slow and probably still drunk as I was, I think I gutted the whole thing in record time just so I could get the fuck out of there and go home.

284FE85A-D9A9-49A2-96BB-D622366DD974 (resized).jpeg
#4185 52 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

So hey, like....I live in Canada 'n shit and i've had maple syrup like twice or thrice in my life on my pancakes and shit, So i confess that people got us all wrong and stuff.

My kid gets maple syrup for Christmas every year because he loves it. We aren’t allowed to touch it, lol. Corn-syrup syrup is nasty, so I put orange marmalade on my waffles and pancakes.

#4186 52 days ago

Here’s an arcade confession. It took me way too long to realize how I’d borked my good Tempest board - it’s fixed now. Anybody else see the problem here?

2ABB9552-646D-4669-B58C-11C06FD0B9F3 (resized).jpeg
#4187 52 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s an arcade confession. It took me way too long to realize how I’d borked my good Tempest board - it’s fixed now. Anybody else see the problem here?

I confess I thought of the old Sesame Street game on this question.

879C62C0-690E-4805-A342-80BCF949828D (resized).jpeg
#4188 52 days ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I also sweat out so much alcohol

Confess I know all about that.

I hate the summer heat and humidity, if working outside I can drink 72 ounces of Gatorade, and 120 ounces of water, and I still cramp up while at the same time my clothes are soaked with sweat from head to toe.

Winter is so much better for working outside, it can be 25 degrees and short sleeves feel good, after a night of too much beer.

Anyway, sorry for a short post, I am thinking about something right now, and not focused here.

#4189 52 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Anybody else see the problem here?

Two 119's and no 118

#4190 52 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two 119's and no 118

Yep. I borrowed the 118 to test my other board, that didn’t have one. When I returned it, I pulled the wrong one.

#4191 52 days ago
Quoted from JayDee:

We primed up a little before the show and then walked over

Walking is the best way to travel when drinking.

Confess I am glad we have DUI laws, it is bad enough anyway anymore trying to avoid the wrecks the people texting are causing.

BUT, some of the DUI stuff is just bull crap.

Not that I have a horse, or have even been on a horse, (I have petted a few, they are like big puppy dogs), but you can get a DUI on a horse.

Also you can get a DUI on a bicycle, or even a riding lawn mower.

How did all of those laws come into play?

Yeah, a horse is big enough to kill someone, so in the past did someone get drunk, and ride their horse, and somehow cause it to kill someone?

And while one time I drove my riding lawn mower on the street, for a mile, to get the blades changed, I did not drink before doing that.

(my girlfriend thought I was pretty crazy though).

But ok, except for looking stupid, and may cause a traffic back up, why a DUI on a lawn mower?

At one time did someone run over someone on a riding mower while drunk, and instead of putting the mower in reverse maybe they turned the blade on?

And finally the bicycle thing. I know someone that got a DUI 45 years ago doing that. (but the cops were just after that dude for any reason).

Now that I think about it, I guess someone drunk on a bicycle could cause a car wreck or something.

Anyway, confess 30 years ago I bought a bicycle to take on beach trips to go bar hopping with a friend.

But after talking to my lawyer, (not like we can just use Google these days, 30 years ago not really any internet), that bike was never used.

Confess when on a road trip I behave a tad better, and speed less on my way to where I am going, because I usually leave here with at least 5 30 packs, and do not want to risk being accused of "transporting alcohol across state lines", if even that is a thing anymore.

Confess I always get noticeable better gas mileage on the way back home, with all that beer weight consumed, and not being hauled.

Confess when I used to go to Cedar Point a lot, I did not carry all that beer, it was actually cheaper to buy there, than it was here, so I was heavy on my way back home.

Confess I do pinch pennies, a buck per 30 pack adds up over a year.

Confess that the worst thing about making a long post while drinking, is that I forget to put another beer in the freezer, and these cheap beers straight out of the fridge is not that great. Cheap beer needs to be almost frozen to be good.

Changing the subject but I also confess my smart phone has still only been used for talking and texting.

I use a computer, with a very large key board and screen for anything internet related.

The only reason I even bought a smart phone was because so many people I deal with these days for some repair or whatever always says text me the address, and that was a real pain in the ass using a flip phone with the very limited keys.

And my computer has been unplugged, the whole time that I have been typing all of this.

Whether Microsoft, MacAfee, or a hacker, the more a computer is plugged into the internet the slower it will get, and more bull crap will happen.

And I just read something about best to restart your smart phone often, to help keep hackers out of it.

Confess sometimes I wonder, are hackers just lazy scum too sorry to get a real job and do real work, or do they just think that they are so smart that real work is too boring for them and they just want to make a living hurting others.

And in a few weeks, we will be sitting on a dock, drinking beer and saltwater fishing.

And as those 5 or 10 million dollar boats go by, I will be thinking "damn, that is a nice boat"!

While also I will be thinking "you can have that, you can not enjoy it and drink, always a chance of a BUI", but sitting here on this dock drinking and fishing, I could end up with some kind of a ticket, but it will not be a DUI or a BUI.

More like a disturbing the peace, after I have watched Wicked Tuna too many times, and that big fish I land I think is a Tuna and going to be like winning a lottery, when instead it is a bull shark, and I lose a arm.

Quoted from JayDee:

the bathroom probably smelled like a brewery

And yeah, on the way to the hospital the ambulance would smell like a brewery, and I would probably get a DUI even though I was not even driving.

(I am fine in real life, yeah I do drink a lot of beer, but I really enjoy goofing off and typing these long rants, to hopefully help some of you to have a good laugh).

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEK!

#4192 51 days ago

Confess I am sick to my stomach I got talked out of buying a very mint TOM so someone else could make a buck, now my wife really wants one and I was to stupid. Urggg.

#4193 51 days ago

How did all of those laws come into play?

A lot of laws pop up that are stupid. Though they may not have been at the time. And technology changes things. When horses were the main source of personal travel, and the horse lobby was strong. There were a lot of dumb laws thought up to make owning a motor car hard. Like if you see a horse coming you need to pull your motor car over, disassemble it, and cover it with a tarp. So you don't scare the horse.

Or at the turn of the last century. Women in Minneapolis couldn't be at any city lake unless their bathing suit went to their ankles.

And it would cost a fortune to go through all of them and go through the process to get them off the books. So many are ignored. Or dug back up when convenient.

#4194 51 days ago

I had a Pachinko machine with a broken and missing plastic lever piece on the inside. It's basically a little arm that pushes down on a cherry switch to tell the computer that there are balls in the hopper.

I confess that, instead of 3d printing a proper new piece, which I easily could have done, I super-glued a plastic piece I took out of a mechanical pen to the broken part of the arm... and then I forgot about it. And then a few years later I sold it. Occasionally I wonder if the new owner has noticed it yet...

#4195 51 days ago

I'm getting a Black Night 2000 dropped off here tomeorrow.

I confess i'm excited and it's not even my machine, a mate bought it and is storing it here while he builds his shed.

#4196 50 days ago

My buddy and I are partners in a match play golf league every week. Our sons 16/17 are also in the league. We played them last night as the last match of the round robin in our pool. Our sons were sitting first, we halved the match with them, knocking them down to second place I think. I confess that I am sad we didn't beat the wheels of them and outright win the match and knock them farther down and get us up one more spot in standings before playoffs.

EDIT: - found out they held first due to a tiebreaker. didn't hurt their chances in league, just their egos (but held ours in tact a bit), ha!

#4197 50 days ago

I went on a lil road trip a few days ago to pick up some patio furniture w the girlfriend. On the way home, there was a guy holding a sign at a crosswalk saying ‘honk if you’re horny’ I of course honked. Got home, took the dogs out for their evening walk, and went to bed..no nookie for me

#4198 50 days ago

I confess that after all the cars, trucks, and motorcycles that I’ve had over the past 34 years, I just put money down on my first ever brand new, being built for me vehicle. And I’m not the least bit excited about it.

#4199 50 days ago

I confess my infant daughter is currently being read a bedtime story by my amazing wife PocketSnacks who asked me to make her a cocktail. I couldn’t find a jigger, so I’m using one of her old bottles (she’s outgrown) because it has the most convenient measurement lines !! I feel like this is a great life hack.
36B0C1AB-2A8B-4829-9C10-8DD25E4ED6EE (resized).jpeg

#4200 50 days ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I confess that after all the cars, trucks, and motorcycles that I’ve had over the past 34 years, I just put money down on my first ever brand new, being built for me vehicle. And I’m not the least bit excited about it.

Cause it will take a long time to arrive?

There are 4584 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 92.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside