Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 252.
    #4101 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I sometimes triple thick old dirt into my back glasses. To me it’s better than risking pulling up the art before clearing. Besides I rather scrape the windows than mask them off, again, otherwise risking art removal.
    [quoted image]

Nice, a pinball confession! Yeah, I’ve learned the hard way that cleaning anything over 40 years old is a risky proposition. It’s better to just let it be sometimes (like you did here). Cleaning score reels is also super risky.

#4102 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

pinballplusMN and I always talk about stopping in to visit LTG along with brobra and DavidLee but we’re all hardly on the same schedules with the exception of a matter of hours.

I have the same problem. I get invited to get togethers, but they are usually the same hours I'm open.

Your group should plan an early morning get together here. Like 9am. I'll let you in for a private mini Goose party.

LTG : )

#4103 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Your group should plan an early morning get together here. Like 9am. I'll let you in for a private mini Goose party.

It's nice and cool in here too.

cool (resized).jpgcool (resized).jpg
    #4104 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Nice, a pinball confession!

I confess I played Mandalorian Premium on Saturday and didn't think I would like it (haven't seen the show) but I did. Now considering a purchase ...

#4105 2 years ago

I'm the same with Led Zeplin, played my mates Premium on location and really enjoyed it. Then someone in the gameroom thread said they preffered it over Deadpool!
    So i ordered it and an Elvira, won't be here till early next year though.

I confess that i've never seen an Elvira, let alone played one, but don't tell zablon as he thinks that's utter lunacy.

#4106 2 years ago

I confess I feel like I might be turning into JohnnyPinball007 the more and more I type.

I also confess I probably work more than I should but I like to take care of all my customers in a timely manner even though it's physically impossible to do and I've let that get the best of me (my health). I've worked just over 13 hours today already but at least the rest of my day I can finish here at home. I confess I got a free dinner tonight, could've gone anywhere but choose McDonald's

I confess I'm also impressed by the effort put in today by a travelling Comcast guy. He almost slipped his business card all the way through the crack in my front door. Perhaps this means I need new weather treatments?

Quoted from LTG:

I get invited to get togethers, but they are usually the same hours I'm open.

I confess I didn't deliberately leave you out of any invites as I know your hours and know that you likely wouldn't be able to make it. But the door is open. I didn't plan for the group to get as large as it's gotten. I wanted to cap off on a few families as that's how the gatherings have been over the last winter. Keeping things small and simple. In some ways it might stay that way some times, other times get larger groups together.

I confess my favorite part about doing pinball get togethers is to see the people who have not met each other before become friends. One of pinballplusMN customer's asked if he could bring a friend last October who has a few games himself. I said of course! Since then he's been able to make most of them and has become even more involved. I confess I know not everyone is on the best of terms right now and hopefully someday that will change for the better but it's something I want to keep my nose out of cause I refuse to take sides. On a lighter note it's good to see a lot of the people we see bring their wives with so it's nice to see their support in the hobby.

Quoted from LTG:

Your group should plan an early morning get together here.

I like this idea. This weekend will be our first time attempting a 2 site gathering in one day so we'll see how it goes. Actually a community center with 4 pins as a backup 3rd location. If that goes well I think we could try for that again and I know we have at least 1 attendee on the west side so that would coordinate well with SS billiards.

One thing that didn't work was competitive play so that's out.

I confess I'm not looking forward to the next 18 months with road construction on I94 in St. Paul etc.

Quoted from LTG:

private mini Goose

I confess this name is awesome! If/when this is done, though probably not cost effective (?) mugs should be done. It could be a mini goose dressed up in a trench coat with a magnifying glass like a private eye or something. I don't know. I was going to suggest mini mugs but I refuse to cut my 10oz coffee short. We could even fly little johnny in too.

I confess last time I went to see brobra couple months ago I left my phone at home which contains my insurance info so by the time I realized that was left home, and the fact I left my phone at home, had to head back and call it a night early. Life has been so busy since then.

I thought the goose got up at 10

I confess this might be one of my longer posts on pinside. I thought I had more to confess but I see so many green blocks I need to catch up on (pinside threads I follow but haven't looked at yet)

#4107 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess this name is awesome! If/when this is done, though probably not cost effective (?) mugs should be done.

I'm talking you and a half dozen of your friends.

Quoted from EJS:

I thought the goose got up at 10

I'd be around early for your group.

Quoted from EJS:

I confess this might be one of my longer posts on pinside.

You are making JohnnyPinball007 jealous.

Quoted from EJS:

I confess I didn't deliberately leave you out of any invites as I know your hours and know that you likely wouldn't be able to make it. But the door is open.

I know that. Thank you.

#4108 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'd be around early for your group.

That's an extremely generous offer LTG thank you! I know you put in a lot of hours in there so extending your day to something like that says something.

I also confess I don't think I'd ever want to run a business. LTG aside I can think of at least 4 others who have unique trades and are constantly managing everything being in business for themselves. Some have 1 or 2 workers which turned out to be a trial and error which can be a big risk. My friend who does garage doors finally found a good worker for his business and hopes to hire a second.

Okay I remember one confessional that I forgot. I bought a piece of cookware when I was hungry to properly cook something frozen. I think the frozen thing was like $5 and the cookware was $40. Although I can at least reuse the cookware I just laughed at myself after the order while preparing something else. I confess I'd rather (just about anything) than cook.

#4109 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I think his posts have more personality and are more exciting. Looking at my old family photos it wouldn't surprise me if we were related. It also sounds like my family is moving really close to where JohnnyPinball007 lives and works......something is going on.....

#4110 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I'd rather (just about anything) than cook.

I miss having a kitchen and being able to cook.

I'm limited to what I can do at work.

#4111 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I think his posts have more personality and are more exciting.

But people remember your long toe while reading your posts and that provides entertainment in itself.

You could post gibberish, and people would be entertained.

#4112 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

But people remember your long toe while reading your posts and that provides entertainment in itself.
    You could post gibberish, and people would be entertained.

I confess I am now curious to know how much I could make selling feet pictures.

#4113 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I miss having a kitchen and being able to cook.
    I'm limited to what I can do at work.

I confess my microwave gets used more than anything. My job is too ADD to actually sit down and plan a meal etc. the grill is second in line.

#4114 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I am now curious to know how much I could make selling feet pictures.

After you take your toe on world tour. Billions.

#4115 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Nice, a pinball confession!

I confess that even though I have pulled the glass out of pinball machines many times over the years, even now I am still afraid I may screw up and break it.

(hopefully no one scrolled this far down, to see that now I am goofing off again).

Quoted from EJS:

I confess I feel like I might be turning into JohnnyPinball007 the more and more I type.

You are doing fine, pretty easy to read, just space a little more. No one here is getting any younger, and the eyes go pretty quick.

Quoted from EJS:

We could even fly little johnny in too.

Little Johnny ain't got no wings, he don't fly.

(I did long ago, but even before the 9-11 stuff security was already harassing me more than I cared to deal with).

The last time I ever flew was in 1998, and it just sucked, and I said never again.

Around 2005 the FBI subpoenaed me to go to Chicago, to testify in court against a internet crook that I had been helping them with.

(the crook had got me for over 10 grand on eBay, but luckily most of that was on my credit card, and after extra bull crap like having to get a police report done for the credit card company, I did not lose too much).

Anyway, when I called about the subpoena they said they were sending me a airline ticket.

I said HELL NO! I do not fly!

They said alrighty then, just make sure you are in our office in Chicago at such and such time March 17th? May have been 11th.

Anyway, sitting in the room with the other people that had also been scammed, 12 of us, I was joking about how bad that snow was going through Indiana, and how I could barely see the interstate.

The other 11 people in the room was like what! You drove here? The FBI would not let us drive, insisted that we fly.

I said I just told them that I do not fly, and that was it.

And I said I brought 8 cases of beer with me on this trip, how in the hell could I fit that in a plane anyway. (I think I was drinking Bud Select at the time).

That turned out to be a awesome road trip!

(and the FBI paid well for my time and trouble also, gave me what the plane ride would have cost, which was a whole lot more than I paid for gas).

At the end of that they thanked me and said they hope I will help them again in the future.

I said hell no, not unless the crook is in Miami or somewhere nice, no way I would go to Chicago in March again. Too damn cold and windy.

No way would I ever fly commercial again.

BUT, one of those smaller planes, like from the smaller airport near me, that does not have all the bull crap going on. and you can actually still even smoke to this day on some of those planes, then yeah, I would fly.

Local news all the time talks about if you plan on flying, allow yourself a extra 4 hours to get through security lines.

They can keep that. In 4 hours I already have a 300 mile head start on where a plane would take me, without all that other crap.

And gas is a whole lot cheaper than a plane ticket.

And if you do fly, then what do you do? Get a rental car or taxi to get to where you really want to be?

Or do you just plan to vacation at the airport that you just landed at?

When I take road trips, I try to plan a lot of different things along the way.

BUT! Forget all of what I just said. Please keep flying to where you want to go.

You do not want to take any road trips, not safe at all, and plenty can happen like a flat tire and you get robbed while changing it.

Whew, glad I caught myself, last thing I need is the interstate more congested while I am on a road trip.

Quoted from LTG:

Confess when I did that quote, I did not get a error. Weird, I am not even plugged into the internet at the moment. Nice to know that!

Yeah, because of all the hacking and everything else, I keep my computer unplugged as much as I can.

I plug it in long enough to get some new stuff. (hopefully not any hacker stuff).

Anyway, I can not remember anytime in my life that I had any kind of jealous feeling.

There are people that have more than me, and people that have less than me, and even the ones that won a 800 million lottery and blew it all in 2 years, I am just laid back and cool with most everything.

Confess I would love to win a 2 million lottery, and it would last me the rest of my life.

Quoted from EJS:

It also sounds like my family is moving really close to where JohnnyPinball007 lives and works

Hell yeah! I just found out for sure I can do these quotes, and I am not plugged in to the internet, so all I have to do is plug in to send all this ranting nonsense that I am having a blast typing!

Sorry, I was thinking and typing out loud.

Anyway yeah, that area is pretty wild. It used to be just a out in the sticks kind of area, but now areas there are pretty trendy with some wealthy people moving in, and near there they also film a lot of movies or TV shows or something.

While I was working there we got a call that a helicopter would be landing soon, to stay clear, and I have no clue who that helicopter picked up, but that was the only time in my life that I was told to watch out for that helicopter about to land near where we were working (on the same property).

All I know is I was operating a excavator, building a 4 acre pond for this rich dude with my friend that I help, and he has known the rich dude forever, and used to go to school with, and now they go off to Vegas and a lot of places.

And yeah, I am somewhat invited, but they know I do not fly.

Of course they never offered the helicopter to pick me up either, I may would have considered doing that.

In my down to earth opinion, and I do not want to tick anyone off, if I had that kind of money to move to that area, it would be the last area I would want to live in.

Maybe your family is involved in some film? TV or movies?

The rich dude that we were building the 4 acre fish pond for is in other businesses totally unrelated, and he has done very well, and for whatever reason he loves the area.

That is a very high tax area, and I do not see it, or get it.

But just like with pinball machines (I had to mention that again to stay on topic), we are all different and we like a whole lot of different things.

I have been told that soon we will be working in that area again, so who knows, may even be for EJS relatives.

It is a small world. We are probably all related, like not a 2nd cousin or something, but more like a 2000nd cousin.

And hell no I do not send out birthday cards, and I hate when anyone sends me one, so do not ask me for my address or birthday, I do not want any cards.

And yeah, I like the movie The Jerk, I watch it once every 10 years or so, and the thought of sending out birthday cards to all of you reminded me of the end of that movie when he has all of those refund checks to mail out.

That movie is just so funny, with stuff like when Steve Martin learns that he is adopted, and he says "you mean I am going to stay this color"?

Confess, my lifetime of watching movies, comedy and horror, the horror ones have got a whole lot better, while the comedy ones have became so lame I can not watch anymore.

For me anyway, the last best comedy I ever seen was The Hangover.

Hostel took horror movies to a whole new level. my girlfriend said she liked horror movies until I played that DVD, now she will not watch any horror movies with me.

If we ever meet in person, I am just totally normal, like we may be related, and we most likely are like 2000nd cousins.

I love drinking beer and goofing off typing all of this.

And I like, not love, reading others long posts, as long as it is spaced out.

Confess there have been a few long posts, that I put reading glasses on, and used the mouse to help track where I was in some long bunched up crap that was interesting enough that I tried to read the whole thing.

And if you actually did read this entire book that I am about to post here, I hope after all of that time spent I said something funny enough or whatever else, that you are not ready to just shoot yourself.

In a couple of months, I will be on vacation, I will not be here at all for a week. I will let you know, so that no one is worried.

Yes I did feel really loved here after that storm hit and I had no power for days, and no internet for weeks, and I had so many PM"s asking if I was doing ok.

My best friend passed not long after who-dey did, and I had sent him emails at the time that he was never able to answer.

Life is short. Enjoy it the best you can.

If you love what you do, hell yeah, keep working hard and making more money.

If you hate what you do, change that up if you can, and find something else that you will love.

At least my friend loved what he did, and I think who-dey also was very happy.

There were things with work that was ticking me off, and I am self employed for the last 20 years, and now some things I will not mess with, no matter how much it pays, life is short, do all you can to make every minute count.

And there is a member here that also needs to get a boat. They make pics around boats, and tempted.

And I really hope something that I just typed, helped LTG and others to also remember something cool.

I hope all of you have a awesome week!

I confess the whole thought of flying just made me post a longer rant than normal.

I confess that long ago when I had a Bally Playboy pinball, I bought a whole lot of spare light bulbs for it, and I think I never used more than 3 out of that 10 pack.

(I threw that in for anyone that just scrolls to make sure this is a pure pinball confession, maybe they did not notice the long rant before that).

#4116 2 years ago

Confess I learned something new.

I was just goofing off and did that post to make for long scrolling in between, and after I sent it, everything was bunched up.

Anyway, I am on my last beer, and I am going to finish reading a book now, it is called fun with Dick and Jane, and pretty easy to read and has a lot of pictures.

Oh, and I confess no way right now would I even think about pulling the glass out of a pinball machine, I am a tad tipsy, someone put a tad too much alcohol in my beer.

#4117 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I would love to win a 2 million lottery, and it would last me the rest of my life.

Well you better win a lot more than. We'd like you to live longer than a couple weeks.

#4118 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I didn't deliberately leave you out of any invites as I know your hours and know that you likely wouldn't be able to make it. But the door is open. I didn't plan for the group to get as large as it's gotten. I wanted to cap off on a few families as that's how the gatherings have been over the last winter. Keeping things small and simple. In some ways it might stay that way some times, other times get larger groups together.

I confess inviting Loyd The Great to come with me to your house as my date Saturday. Is that considered cheating on anyone?

I confess my gramm"e"r skills are so bad I don't know if Lloyd is spelt with 2 L's 2 Y's or 2 D's

#4119 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I confess inviting Loyd The Great to come with me to your house as my date Saturday.

And I appreciate that !

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is that considered cheating on anyone?

No. I don't think the best 20 seconds of your life is hardly cheating, and easy clean up.

Lloyd is spelled several different ways and misspelled many more. For me it's Lloyd

#4120 2 years ago

I confess I should go buy some popcorn tonight. Not only for this thread but for what could unfold Saturday.

I confess I want to finish Captain Fantastic for Saturday but I don’t want to rush it. It’s going to be close.

I confess I’ll need to get regular keyboard in front of me to respond to little Johnny.

#4121 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

and easy clean up.

I’ll have DavidLee bring his carpet cleaner just in case.

#4122 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I’ll have DavidLee bring his carpet cleaner just in case.

How hairy are you ?

#4123 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

How hairy are you ?

Not as much as I used to be.

#4124 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Not as much as I used to be.

Maybe Davidlee could just bring his roomba then.

#4125 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Maybe Davidlee could just bring his roomba then.

Way ahead of you

4216E81B-082D-435B-8D4F-2B3028D35263 (resized).jpeg4216E81B-082D-435B-8D4F-2B3028D35263 (resized).jpeg
    #4126 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Way ahead of you

Too cool. One for each side of you. Front and back.

#4127 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Way ahead of you

If you still have a Scooba, or newer Braava type. might be better for you. Since you'll be wet.

#4128 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

newer Braava type

I have the older model and confess I’ve only used it once. The Bluetooth connection wasn’t very reliable.

#4129 2 years ago

I cannot have a roomba or any such self cleaning devices, my dog would have it buried in the backyard before it’s first lap, ask me how I know.

#4130 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I have the older model and confess I’ve only used it once. The Bluetooth connection wasn’t very reliable.

If you brushed your teeth more often, they wouldn't be blue.

#4131 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I cannot have a roomba or any such self cleaning devices, my dog would have it buried in the backyard before it’s first lap, ask me how I know.

Better than scaring the dog and getting doggy poo dragged all over your house.

#4132 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Better than scaring the dog and getting doggy poo dragged all over your house.

#4133 2 years ago

I haven't turned on a pinball machine in over a month. Haven't flipped one ball. Been too great a summer at the golf course, boating, hanging out on deck crushing beers and been a beauty of a heat wave summer.

#4134 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Been too great a summer at the golf course, boating, hanging out on deck crushing beers and been a beauty of a heat wave summer.

I confess I looked up the weather in Nipawin because I figured summer was so short, you had better take advantage of it. turns out, winter is not that much longer than here in Southern Illinois and Summer length is close but about 10 degrees warmer down here. Snowfall averages not much different either about 25 inches a year. Here the snow usually melts off in a week or so so there is rarely more than a few inches on the ground.

I also confess I am not usually a weather nerd but have worked with several serious weather fanboys in the past and maybe a little seems to have rubbed off on me...

Screenshot_2021-07-21 Average Weather in Litchfield, Illinois, United States, Year Round - Weather Spark (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-07-21 Average Weather in Litchfield, Illinois, United States, Year Round - Weather Spark (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-07-21 Average Weather in Nipawin, Canada, Year Round - Weather Spark (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-07-21 Average Weather in Nipawin, Canada, Year Round - Weather Spark (resized).png
    #4135 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I confess I looked up the weather in Nipawin because I figured summer was so short, you had better take advantage of it. turns out, winter is not that much longer than here in Southern Illinois and Summer length is close but about 10 degrees warmer down here. Snowfall averages not much different either about 25 inches a year. Here the snow usually melts off in a week or so so there is rarely more than a few inches on the ground.
    I also confess I am not usually a weather nerd but have worked with several serious weather fanboys in the past and maybe a little seems to have rubbed off on me...
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, but this year has nuked heat records and its been unreal, wayyyy above avg. LOVING IT

#4136 2 years ago

Confess that while I was sitting here watching season 10 of The Walking Dead, I picked my nose and put it in a mostly-empty beer can (because I’m real comfortable here in my home theater chair). Then 20 minutes later, I picked up the can, shook it and heard there was a little beer left, so I threw back that last swig. Gonna have to come up with a new system.

Confess that it didn’t even rattle me because some things in TWD season 10 are WAY more messed up than swallowing a booger.

#4137 2 years ago

Confess that i spend more on beer each week than many of my friends spend on rent.

Further confess that i hepled my mate locate and buy his first pinball yesterday, a Black night 2000 and i was more than just jealous, was thinking about a way to get it for myself.

#4138 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that while I was sitting here watching season 10 of The Walking Dead, I picked my nose and put it in a mostly-empty beer can (because I’m real comfortable here in my home theater chair). Then 20 minutes later, I picked up the can, shook it and heard there was a little beer left, so I threw back that last swig. Gonna have to come up with a new system.

You reminded me of two friends shooting pool. One a smoker and one not. Non smoker had a can of Mountain Dew. Smoker thought it was empty. Se he's putting ashes and butts in that can.

Non smoker later picks it up. Takes a drink. Looks at it. Twirls it around. Takes another drink. Then looks inside. Takes another drink.

Finally figured it out.

#4139 2 years ago

That show “Chasing Classic Cars”...I used to enjoy watching it all the time. Then one episode, Wayne featured a car from one of the guys who was in his neighborhood when he was a kid growing up. He went on and on about the memories he had of the car....how much it meant to him seeing it growing up....and how he really wanted it. Then....he turned around and sold it as soon as he got his hands on. What a putz! I can’t stand to even look at that Lorax looking fuck after that.

#4140 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

That show “Chasing Classic Cars”...I used to enjoy watching it all the time. Then one episode, Wayne featured a car from one of the guys who was in his neighborhood when he was a kid growing up. He went on and on about the memories he had of the car....how much it meant to him seeing it growing up....and how he really wanted it. Then....he turned around and sold it as soon as he got his hands on. What a putz! I can’t stand to even look at that Lorax looking fuck after that.

This gave me a good chuckle

#4141 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

he's putting ashes and butts in that can.

I do that when I am on vacation. I get a smoking room if available, but I never smoke in the room.

I sit outside drinking beer and smoking, and leave a little beer in a can, to use as a ashtray.

One time I accidently picked up the ash tray can and took a gulp.

FREAKED ME OUT!

But was not as bad as I thought it would be, just a strong nicotine taste.

So now when I do that, I pull the tab straight up, so if I almost drink from the ashtray the tab will hit me and remind me that is the wrong can.

And the reason I get a smoking room even though I do not smoke in it is in case the wind is blowing the wrong way and any smoke gets in the room, I do not want to get charged for smoking in the room.

If I end up in a non smoking room, I just stay further away from it while smoking.

And I hate motels with the interior hallways. If I end up in one of those too damn far to walk to smoke, so I make sure to get a smoking room, and I open the window and sit next to it with a fan blowing the smoke out.

As a smoker, even I do not want to sleep in a room full of smoke.

Quoted from swampfire:

I picked my nose and put it in a mostly-empty beer can

Confess I have never done that.

If I can not roll it around and flip it very easy, and no tissue or anything around, and I do not want to walk far, the carpet on the floor works really good.

Booger talk could get kind of fun. Maybe someone needs to start a basement topic on that, and maybe have pics of hotties caught on camera hiding their booger.

The movie Caddy Shack has the only booger scene I can recall in the movies.

Yeah, but this year has nuked heat records and its been unreal, wayyyy above avg. LOVING IT

This year it has been cool and stormy here, and I am LOVING IT!

We have not had many days 90 degrees or more.

Yeah the humidity sucks, but when it rains it feels really good. I have worked outside in the rain a lot this Summer.

This is a whole lot better than hot and dry. My lawn is loving it also.

I haven't turned on a pinball machine in over a month.

I have not been playing much lately, mainly because my neck and back have been hurting, and I have just wanted to chill and watch TV.

I want to go fishing, but it has been storming too much. (still better than hot and dry).

Quoted from punkin:

Confess that i spend more on beer each week than many of my friends spend on rent.

I average $60.00 or less a week, and that buys 90 beers.

When I was younger I was having around 200 beers a week, so I have slowed way down in my old age.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

I cannot have a roomba or any such self cleaning devices

I have never even thought about or looked for any of that stuff.

It is just a floor, once dust and flipped boogers get high enough that I start tripping I get the shovel and wheelbarrow.

(maybe that is helping my lawn also, I guess now I should Google "does boogers make good fertilizer"?) They seem to anyway.

#4142 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

now when I do that, I pull the tab straight up

We used to just rip the pull tab off to designate the ash tray

#4143 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

We used to just rip the pull tab off to designate the ash tray

A few years back, two of my customers each had a plastic gallon jug of water. One chewed snuff, one didn't.

I lent a magic marker to the non chewer, he drew all over his water jug.

Of course when he was thirsty, he grabbed the wrong one.

These are the days of our lives.

#4144 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

A few years back, two of my customers each had a plastic gallon jug of water. One chewed snuff, one didn't.
    I lent a magic marker to the non chewer, he drew all over his water jug.
    Of course when he was thirsty, he grabbed the wrong one.
    These are the days of our lives.

Not even funny for me. Working on my stepsons race car one day (means standing round it drinking beer) and pretty drunk. I reached out for my beer and it was only two or three chugs in i realized it was what we call a throwdown, smaller beer that what i usually drank.

Turns out it was the bottle they'd used to bleed the brakes a few months back and was now half full of discarded brake fluid and dead flys.

One of the bastards told my missus who was in the house which made it worse, and i was dragged home by the proverbial ear.

True story.

JustCouldn'tStopPunkin

#4145 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

One chewed snuff

I started chewing Red Man when I was 6 years old, and not long after that I was into Skoal also.

I never smoked until I was 13 years old, and that was on a dare.

I used to buy Red Man by the carton, and Skoal by the 10 pack roll back then at a wholesale place.

I averaged buying one pack of cigs a month.

Then when I was around 24 years old the mouth stuff started messing up my gums, and giving me bad heartburn, so at around that time was when I first started buying cigs by the carton.

Now I buy a carton of cigs about every 6 days, and none of the other stuff.

If I go on vacation, I take plenty of my bad habits with me, because most areas sell this stuff for a lot more money because of taxes or whatever.

A good friend from Buffalo NY used to come here once a month on business and hang out, and he would always go to the local stores here and load up on cigs to take back home for him and his friends.

And yeah one time I tried some of those Indian Reservation cigs to save money, and they about choked me.

I always wondered why my friend bragged about the Reservation cigs being a good deal, yet loaded up on other brands while here.

Anyway, I have been on some kind of nicotine since I was 6 years old.

I have tried to quit at times, but the patch did not help well enough.

The candy stuff with nicotine in it would be awesome, and I wish I could just eat those all day, but not even half way through one of those I get severe heartburn.

The way I look at it now, I just like cigs, and I have already outlived several of my friends that never even smoked(or ever had any of my 2nd hand smoke either), so do what you like, life is short. Something is going to kill you someday.

About 20 years ago, while I was sleeping, I had a dream that I had stopped doing everything I loved.

I had stopped smoking.

I had stopped drinking.

I had even stopped eating meat.

And in the dream I was sitting in my jacuzzi thinking about how I missed all of that stuff, but at least now I would live 20 or 30 years longer.

And in that dream a small plane fell out of the sky, and killed me.

And in that dream, after that, when I was dead, I was like M-----F-----!

The last 5 years I have been trying to be healthy, when I could have just kept on enjoying all the things I love.

I thought changing the way I was would help me to live a lot longer, and instead that did not work and everything just sucked the last 5 years of my life.

Confess that dream was real.

Confess the day or night after I had that dream, a small plane did crash into a house, about a block away.

And yeah, I can not prove the dream, but I can prove that plane crash.

A small plane headed here from out of state crashed into a house a block away, from what I recall was a man and his son in the plane headed to a College Bowl game in Atlanta.

(Georgia Tech vs Notre Dame)?

Anyway, I slow down on bad habits when I feel like crap, and I am very active.

I am 5'7" and 150 pounds, so yeah I am Little Johnny.

(and not only my size that you can see makes me little).

I am not hung. I have like a tiny piece of rice that I have to use tweezers to get to, when I need to take a leak. (and in school, when the other boys would brag about how big they are, and the jokes about all of that, I would have fun and goof off about how lucky you are, I have a tiny rice thing that I have to use tweezers to get hold of it).

I love all the Little Johnny jokes, and sometimes I wonder if very long ago, like 40 years ago, some of my goofing off caused that stuff in the first place.

I know one time about 13 years ago I came up with something really funny, sent it to my friend in NY, and about 2 months later someone else sent me my own joke, so stuff does get around a lot.

Confess I have never been on Facebook. Confess I have been tempted at times to see what girls I dated in my teens look like now.

Confess I am very glad we have the basement here, with those cute young hotties, and reminds me hell no, I do not need to see any of those old girlfriends, no way they will even look 10% as good as the entertainment here.

And while ago my girlfriend called me crying, thinking I was about to leave her after I made a comment about her Mom while ago.

This moody crap gets on my nerves, yes her Mom needs to get a life, but no way am I leaving my girlfriend, she is AWESOME!

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#4146 2 years ago

Pinball confession;

Just set the GC score on my Hankin Orbit 1, not a brilliant score but my best and thought i'd check the relevance of it in pinside high scores to see how far i had to go.

Imagine my surprise that there where only two scores i could see and they were much lower than mine.

Confess that i put my one and only pinball high score ever on pinside.

Screenshot 2021-07-23 150203 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-07-23 150203 (resized).png

#4147 2 years ago

I confess I love finding pinball in new places.

After a 12 hour day of driving I stopped by a 24-hour mini mart/truck stop and walked in to find a beautiful Jurassic park premium pinball machine. If I ever run across games like these, I will always play a few games, if they are well maintained.

I love this this hobby!

#4148 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I love finding pinball in new places.
    After a 12 hour day of driving I stopped by a 24-hour mini mart/truck stop and walked in to find a beautiful Jurassic park premium pinball machine. If I ever run across games like these, I will always play a few games, if they are well maintained.
    I love this this hobby!

I went on this unreal 18 brewery tour this month all inside Saskatchewan with two buddies.
    I now confess I was wrong that I didn't flip a ball. (that was only my house I suppose). Went into a brewpub in Prince Albert, SK. LOW AND BEHOLD, there's a fucking Monster Bash LE and an Elvira HOH as the only two pins in the place. Well, I gotta play for sure. Got my initials in the MB, had NEVER played one before. And the Elvira HOH needed some love for sure..... can't believe they were in this place.

#4149 2 years ago

The LTG thread yesterday got me thinking. While I was flattered and humbled. It got me to thinking how crazy these times are and that some of these threads don't stay nice.

It seems like a good time to pay homage to Beester. And EM guy from RGP. A tribute to his wife. And a reminder to count our blessings. Enjoy every moment. And realize how that can change in an instant.

Travel back with me now to 1979, to a warm summer evening, and enjoy a game of Sittin' Pretty :

...a wave of inner peace, never experienced previously and not until
    yesterday, swept across my soul as I surveyed my "little world", that
    night in the summer of 1979.

My beloved Katie, to me, unquestionably our maker's finest creation,
    manipulating a silver ball on a machine that seemed to dwarf her, which
    she insisted we buy on our meager newlywed income. That alluring glow of
    the lighted backglass, that alluring glow of happiness on my beloved
    Katie's face...EVERYTHING was right with the world, that night in the
    summer of 1979...

...a wave of grief, never experienced previously, swept across my soul
    as I surveyed my "crumbling world", that night in the summer of 1986.

My beloved Katie, to me, unquestionably our maker's finest creation,
    trying to manipulate a silver ball on that same machine that always
    dwarfed her, herself "propped up" by a makeshift "gizmo", not only
    majestically battling the "high score demons", but bravely fighting off
    the silent killer racking her body. My beloved Katie's last game was on
    that night, in the summer of 1986. She GOT the high score! (She knew, I
    think, that her best friend, this crazy guy that tried everything to
    hide the grief in his eyes, this man who said "I DO" and who tried to be
    every bit as strong as she, was periodically manually advancing the
    100,000 points unit.

...a wave of inner peace, yesterday, swept across my soul as I surveyed
    my "world".

My beloved Kathy, to me, unquestionably her mother's finest creation,
    manipulating a silver ball on a machine that dwarfs her, smiling and
    snickering, and looking every bit like my beloved Katie.

My beloved Katie lives on, through the unbreakable high score, through
    one of the many pride's of my life, our daughter, and through a woodrail
    pinball game called Sittin' Pretty, which has a magical power to
    transport me back to that night in 1979, when all seemed right with the
    world.

Beester
    It ain't real pinball unless it's reel pinball.

#4150 2 years ago

I love these

5D290C39-1B72-40C4-AD1E-FD59899C189E (resized).jpeg5D290C39-1B72-40C4-AD1E-FD59899C189E (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.