Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 252.
    #4001 2 years ago

I confess that every night before bed, I peek from the kitchen into the garage to make sure the garage door is closed, and sometimes I have to close it.

And I confess that every time I look at that garage door from inside the garage - and especially on the nights when I have to close it - I think of the scene on Hoth from Empire Strikes Back, when Luke and Han haven’t come back yet but the Rebel base has to close the shield doors for the night.

“R2 says the odds of survival are 752 to 1.”

“Actually, R2 has been known to make mistakes. From time to time.”

#4002 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I confess that I don't believe you, since you just said you woundn't tell anyone if you did find anything.

I am shocked, SHOCKED that anyone would attack my integrity in such a manner (in my best Strother Martin voice)

#4003 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBJB:

I confess that every night before bed, I peek from the kitchen into the garage to make sure the garage door is closed, and sometimes I have to close it.

There’s an app for that….

Actually even some newer models WITHOUT the app they have a TTC function (time to close) that you can set anywhere between 1-99 minutes. Screenshot of my app below. For redundancy I have it programmed to close at 11pm regardless. On top of that I have track locks installed. I’m not paranoid, my buddy does garage doors for a living so he gave me all the fixings. Met him through pinball actually.

I confess I usually want to run across the street to my neighbors house to close their garage door for them cause often they leave it open late at night and also overnight. They moved to the city from the country and are very trusting people. I hope that trust doesn’t become soiled.

A651564D-24EB-4681-AF53-1E3EEB1C9EC7 (resized).pngA651564D-24EB-4681-AF53-1E3EEB1C9EC7 (resized).png
    #4004 2 years ago

I gotta confess I had the garage door app and my paranoia made me get rid of it. I was always afraid I would accidentally open it and not realize it was open.

#4005 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I usually want to run across the street to my neighbors house to close their garage door for them cause often they leave it open late at night and also overnight

My neighbor never closes his garage door, or locks any door. And he goes out of town for months sometimes.

A few times he has had stuff stolen, and he does not really care.

He sells records for a living, and he cares less if his TV or whatever gets gone, as long as they leave the records alone.

His nutty way of thinking is that thieves do not realize that the records are what is worth the real money, so as long as they are still there he does not care.

In this case he moved here from Boston, and he thinks this area is Mayberry.

45-50 years ago this area was like Mayberry, but not now.

Confess everything stays locked at my house, and entire property is fenced, with warning signs, and when I leave the alarm is on and it works.

And I know the alarm works because recently a mouse or something set it off, and the cops came and checked everything out.

And confess a trap was promptly set out, and that mouse burglar will not cause any more problems.

#4006 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And I know the alarm works because recently a mouse or something set it off, and the cops came and checked everything out.

My 3rd dog Trixie learned that if you jump at the windows. Dad comes home. Police too.

So she no longer had access to windows when I wasn't home.

LTG : )

#4007 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I gotta confess I had the garage door app and my paranoia made me get rid of it. I was always afraid I would accidentally open it and not realize it was open.

I was worried about this too. There are a few failsafes for this including you need to deliberately double tap the icon in a certain way or it won’t work. But yeah sometimes too much technology can mean vulnerability which is why I still have the locks and such remain unconnected.

#4008 2 years ago

I confess my Sunday night treat (medium cone at DQ) took another price jump from $2.53 to $2.76 as of tonight from a week ago. Prices vary from location to location but the one by my house I use to baseline my economic pulse.

My greater confession was I was going to mention this in some of the pinball price threads since the conversation was kind of going that way but don’t want to derail the topic too much so I’ll keep it here since this thread is more open swim.

#4009 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

So she no longer had access to windows when I wasn't home.

This reminds me of the dogs who like to hang out of the car. I always worry they’ll see something they want to go after and leap out. When I had my dog I let her get most of her neck out of the window but that was it. She was very trustworthy and loyal but all it takes is another dog or squirrel and it’s like they have a wild hair up their butt.

#4010 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess my Sunday night treat (medium cone at DQ) took another price jump from $2.53 to $2.76 as of tonight from a week ago.

Those bastards !

#4011 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Those bastards !

I confess I think they knew it was me ordering cause they know I’ll pay so they raised the price.

#4012 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I think they knew it was me ordering cause they know I’ll pay so they raised the price.

You need to get a lot tougher.

Try listening to a old song called We're Not Gonna Take It! by Twisted Sister for a while.

Confess I have never paid over a buck for a ice cream cone, they can keep all that.

Quoted from phil-lee:

My confession? I have never found anything..

I never found anything either, But I confess, I told my helper when I was on a backhoe or excavator and we were installing pipelines, if we ever found anything we would cover it up real quick, and act like the machine broke down, and then get the goodies while no one else was there to see what was going on.

People are all different, some want to be in the spotlight and on the news, and some just want to be left alone and enjoy life without all that.

Confess I hate crowds, I like one on one time talking to someone.

#4013 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Noted in case I ever sell you a pinball machine.

#4014 2 years ago

Confess that i'm starting to get used to my new climate after 4 years. It's 9C (48F) here now and i'm wishing i had an ambidextrous mouse so i could get my freezing right hand in my pocket now and then.

Feels like -4C (25F) used to feel.

#4015 2 years ago

I confess that I checked out a few of those hot tub feeds on Twitch, and they totally messed up my Twitch channel recommendations. Still, I just have to laugh at this next-level Idiocracy - we’re way overdue for a sequel!!

And I confess that I’m happy this thread hasn’t been moved to the basement yet. But if it did, I hope the regulars would follow it down there.

C37671DF-19DF-496F-AC08-1B3F476A3E4E (resized).jpegC37671DF-19DF-496F-AC08-1B3F476A3E4E (resized).jpeg

597EBFB3-38A4-4ACF-8326-4B56CE545037 (resized).jpeg597EBFB3-38A4-4ACF-8326-4B56CE545037 (resized).jpeg

#4016 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Noted in case I ever sell you a pinball machine.

If it has a soft serve tap handle I’m all in.

#4017 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

And I confess that I’m happy this thread hasn’t been moved to the basement yet.

As am I. Technically it started out as completely on topic with people confessing pinball stuff but clearly it derailed even on the first page.

If anything it could go OT.

I confess I just assume most people have drained this thread by now or completely ignore it. We have what, maybe 10-12 regulars here?

#4018 2 years ago

I confess this is the first time I've ever seen this thread.....and that I think Stern Playboy is one of the best machines ever made......

#4019 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

We have what, maybe 10-12 regulars here?

Reporting for duty!

#4020 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

We have what, maybe 10-12 regulars here?

How many irregulars here ?

#4021 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

How many irregulars here ?

The image of people shifting their eyes ala Who Dunnit? just popped into my head.

I confess I didn’t realize until now Pinside has a participant count. So well over 500 irregulars.

#4022 2 years ago

I’ll also confess the title of this thread reminds me of one event where (I think it was) Steve Ritchie dressed up as a priest and sitting inside a Stern carton taking peoples confessions. Was that at an Expo or TPF or something?

#4023 2 years ago

I confess that when I saw this, I thought about grabbing it and anonymously sending it to LTG for a little surprise for his arcade. I also confess that that idea lasted a hot second when I realized that I needed to make a beer run because I was running really low.

021AEC17-8155-4185-9BF9-391CC113EDD6 (resized).png021AEC17-8155-4185-9BF9-391CC113EDD6 (resized).png

#4024 2 years ago

Another confession I’m really impressed at the truth bombs LTG is dropping over in that thread about that guys parents separating. 3rd post in if you haven’t had a chance to read it. For some people it takes a lifetime to gain those lessons and I confess I see some people might not want to hear some sobering truths. It’s like….do you want to hear what you WANT to hear -or- what needs to be heard. I confess I should probably avoid posting in that thread anymore. Almost bit my tongue off reading more of the responses. Going to leave it alone.

#4025 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I’ll also confess the title of this thread reminds me of one event where (I think it was) Steve Ritchie dressed up as a priest and sitting inside a Stern carton taking peoples confessions. Was that at an Expo or TPF or something?

I remember that. I’m pretty sure it was at Texas Pinball Festival, and it was awesome. I love that show.

#4026 2 years ago

Confess that i was sitting at the dining table stoned last night staring at GnR when i saw the last name on the credit roll was LTG and it made me smile.

#4027 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I see some people might not want to hear some sobering truths. It’s like….do you want to hear what you WANT to hear -or- what needs to be heard.

I remember years ago I told a friend something. I mentioned it to another friend. He was shocked. He asked, "you told him that?"

I told him, yes. He's my friend. I'm not going to tell him what he wants to hear. I'm going to tell him what he needs to hear.

He ignored me for a year. We're good now.

And I'd do it again in a heartbeat. You don't help somebody blowing smoke up their butt. Better off to say nothing if you don't have the balls to do what is right.

#4028 2 years ago

Yikes…I confess Pinside seems a little more edgy than it usually is. People seem to be getting more aggressive with the downvotes, more finger pointing with buyers and sellers, people thinking poorly about each other. I mean yes there are some issues that need to be addressed but some of the approaches could be handled better. I just like to see more positivity and I’m happy (wrong thread I know) there is plenty of that here in MN and hope I can continue to bring more people together in pinball.

At least we’re safe in the off topic subforum. Better fire up the happy thread soon.

Crap I confess I had no idea it’s after midnight. Long day today and early meetings tomorrow morning. Hopefully some good funny captions to wake up to tomorrow.

#4029 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm not going to tell him what he wants to hear. I'm going to tell him what he needs to hear.

He ignored me for a year. We're good now.

Confess long ago I was in a situation like that.

My uncle was telling me stuff I did not want to hear, and I did not have anything to do with him for several years, and now we are good.

The whole thing was I was 30, and I had a very fun petite girlfriend, which was all fine and dandy, until my uncle found out she was 45, and then all hell broke loose.

He was a broken record with all the "she is too old for you" crap. Drove me nuts.

Last straw was he banged on my door, and woke me up to give me the phone number to a girl more my age.

Pissed me off and I had nothing to do with him for maybe 5 years.

After that I have just always learned when my uncle asks how old my girlfriend is, I just say same age as me.

Confess I have always just got along better with people older than me.

I have always been about 20 years older myself than my actual age, from all those years working 120 hours a week. (for myself, I have never had a 9-5 job working for someone else my whole life).

The girlfriend that was 15 years older was the oldest I have ever dated, and that lasted 5 years.

The youngest I have ever dated was 2 years older, and we shared the same birthday, which was cool, but only lasted 2 months.

The rest have been 6-8 years older, and I normally make it 5 years with them.

Confess I just never wanted any kids myself, and I knew that when I was in my teens, seeing how things go in life.

Confess that was one good thing about dating older ladies, they could not have kids anyway.

Confess that my girlfriend is driving me nuts telling me about how her Mom is driving her nuts all the time.

Not trading her in anytime soon though, she is awesome as far as so much in common and she enjoys all the same stuff I do.

Hell, I read on here all the time how so many guys wives will not even play any pins, have no interest.

My girlfriend asks me all the time, "are we going to play some games"?

I think she is on year 4 now. And she is AWESOME!

If suddenly I found out I only had a few months to live, I would make a new will to include her, my current will was made 30 years ago.

Confess I have even thought about adding her into my business (incorporated), so that she could take care of that stuff and keep having a income if something happened to me.

BUT!!!!

Sometimes when I am trying to talk more serious, she is in her own la-la land with her Mom stuff, and I am like really, can you drop all that and listen to me, so that if anything happens to me, you can have a good life carrying on all I have started.

No, I am not wealthy. I however am very frugal, and know how to have fun, without being stupid and spending a lot of money.

Flying? Hell no, not flying anywhere, dealing with all that crap and rules. (confess I hate rules).

The cost of a airline ticket buys a lot of gas and motel rooms and you can plan to check out a lot more places along the way.

Confess if I ever just planned to stay at the same place on a trip for several days a plane could work, but I am not like that.

Back when me and a friend was going to drive to CA, to go to the 2 Six Flags parks there, another friend said that is a long drive, why not fly?

I said well, at first we are going to go to the Six Flags near LA for a couple of days, and then drive up to the Six Flags near San Francisco for a couple of days, and on the way back we are going to stop at the Six Flags near Dallas for a day, because we have been to the Dallas park, and we liked it and want to stop there again.

I said ok, if we just flew to LA, and then had to rent a car, or fly again, to also do all this other stuff, I think that would cost a whole lot more than just driving. (that friend shut up).

Confess when I go on a long trip I have 2 big suitcases, with all I need for the trip, and 2 big coolers of beer, to make it through the first few days, until time to fill those coolers up again.

No way in hell am I paying bull crap airline baggage fees to fly my beer coolers, and they are a must have!

And what was my point with all this?

Confess I forgot what the point was.

Quoted from swampfire:

And I confess that I’m happy this thread hasn’t been moved to the basement yet. But if it did, I hope the regulars would follow it down there.

If this thread ever gets moved to the basement, I completely hope it has nothing to do with my posts.

Confess I try to behave here, and even type stuff like bull crap, instead of what I really wanted to type.

I 100% know how you feel.

You had a vision for a awesome topic that you could forever just enjoy reading what others would post.

Confess I cheated with the funny captions, because I wanted it to succeed so much so I could always be able to see what others posted and enjoy all that.

Most every topic I ever started did not go far, and hell no, not looking for attention like starting a owners club or anything, just looking for some fun stuff to read, look at.

(and when I bring up the attention, and owners club stuff, I have seen plenty of arguments about which was first). (just seems like a race here to start the next owners thread).

As far as what I said about cheating with the funny captions, I sent some emails to friends, with good stuff for them to post, instead of it all being my posts.

Confess when I wake up in the morning, or the crack of noon depending on how many Natties I had, if I see 10 new posts in Funny Captions, and 2 new posts here, I look here first.

Your thread is the best!

And back to the basement stuff, for a while I was afraid the funny captions was going there because of some posts.

Just like you, confess I did not want to see it end up in the basement.

Confess I had some good stuff to post, that I would not, until I found the "lets close this thread down" thread in the basement.

After being on here forever and no one ever told me about that. Yeah, thanks Force Flow!

So many on here hate the moderators, and I have been warned a couple of times, but DAMN they have helped me so much!

For the record I have never gave a thumbs down, never hit some report button, and I never will.

I am a whole lot of things, but a tattletale I AM NOT!

Confess a few times people I liked like o-din, I was always thinking and sometimes even sending him a pm to please chill out!

I really miss o-din and who-dey.

Confess if anything ever happens to LTG, I would be very sad and it would be hard to be here.

More than anyone, LTG is the best!

Helps others all the time, tells AWESOME stories, and all over the place giving AWESOME advice!

So down to earth and honest also, with people asking him stuff about have you been to this game room, and he says I operate a game room. and that is the last place I would want to take a vacation to.

I LOVE PINSIDE!

So many awesome people here!

Confess a long time ago I did enjoy the show us your game room thread, until I seen so many nice fancy pics that made me feel 3rd world with what I have.

Confess I have not checked my lottery ticket yet, I buy 2 a week, but if I ever hit that I will be able to post some fancy pics also.

In the meantime I am HAPPY!

And I hope ALL of you are having a AWESOME WEEK!

(confess I am not going to read all this, and fix any typos, too damn long).

Confess I think it would be funny, to start a topic and it be blank, like the funny book called sex after 50, and a thick book, and all the pages are blank.

I enjoy funny and creative stuff.

Got to get in bed now and crash for the night.

In a few short hours my alarm clock will go off with Robin Williams screaming "GOOD MORNING VIET NAM)!

#4030 2 years ago

Confess when I wake up in the morning, or the crack of noon depending on how many Natties I had, if I see 10 new posts in Funny Captions, and 2 new posts here, I look here first.

I confess I often wait to read this thread until I have enough time, especially with the length of JohnnyPinball007 posts (and that last one was a doozy ), but I read it all. Keep up the good work!

#4031 2 years ago

I secretly laugh when I see a guy looking for a Wonka CE and he could have had mine at one time.

#4032 2 years ago

I’m rebuilding our 14-year-old dryer, as part of my justification for buying Stranger Things. It’s a lot like doing a playfield swap - take pictures and notes, clean everything thoroughly, fix broken stuff and put it back together. The heater had gone bad and 2 of the 4 drum rollers were locked up with hair and lint.

The idea of a perfectly good appliance going to a landfill bothers me more than the money I’d have to spend for a new one. And what’s worse is that you can’t get this color anymore, so my wife would want us to replace the washer too, and the 2 pedestals, and pretty soon we’re looking at $2500-3000.

I confess that I’m not going say “I confess” any more, but I will try to include some pinball confessions here from time to time.

670ADC6E-EB94-4EA7-B0AC-6EC3B0B3A09D (resized).jpeg670ADC6E-EB94-4EA7-B0AC-6EC3B0B3A09D (resized).jpeg

You should have seen the “before” pic. We’re lucky this thing didn’t catch fire, with all the lint that was built up in it.

#4033 2 years ago

Confess if anything ever happens to LTG, I would be very sad

You'd be sad ?

Hell I'm the one that would be dead.

and it would be hard to be here.

Be strong. You'll carry on. Lots of good people to interact with.

#4034 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Yikes…I confess Pinside seems a little more edgy than it usually is. People seem to be getting more aggressive with the downvotes,

I've noticed that too. Especially from new people.

For me it's simple. Add them to my list of people who don't need help, and move on.

#4035 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

For me it's simple. Add them to my list of people who don't need help, and move on.

I confess that got me to laugh pretty good.

I haven’t seen a number of twin cities pinball people in awhile but when I do we usually make comments like “can you imagine if X/Y/Z (whatever we were talking about) got posted on Pinside? They’d tear you apart”

That was then. Imagine now.

I like helping people even if it means little to nothing in return. Appreciation goes a long way with me. A few local pinheads and I trade services instead and everyone is happy. We both value that more than money.

There’s always two sides of a story…maybe 3 or more.

I can probably count on one hand the number of business issues I’ve had in pinball and they’ve all worked themselves out and I didn’t need to rant and rave online to get it resolved. Worst one was for some rare ICs for those WMS driver boards. Almost 3 months had to threaten charge back. Next thing you know I have tracking info. They weren’t any well known seller.

Speaking of buying parts I confess I’m really anxious to receive my Atlantis backglass from Ron Webb. It should be here any day now. I’m even more excited for Target Pool cause the pool table area on mine is flaking really bad. I confess I could buy every glass he offers but I don’t want to hoard if I don’t have a game to put it in. Plus I don’t have the money….forgot about that.

#4036 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I've noticed that too. Especially from new people.

I wonder why that is?

“Hi I’m John Doe I’m new to pinball and I’m mad as hell”

What a great way to enter a community eh?

I sometimes think of it like those 1 star reviews. It’s the people you’d otherwise never hear about unless there’s a grievance. What’s the saying in IT department? It’s like you don’t exist until something goes wrong.

Anyway maybe it’s a younger generational thing? I wonder if it’s safe to assume these are younger people getting into pinball? Obviously that doesn’t apply to everyone but if the odds are right….

#4037 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

There’s always two sides of a story…maybe 3 or more.

Ain't that the truth.

Unfortunately people usually run with the first one, and spread it. Not stopping to consider they heard BS, believed it, and helped it spread and grow.

#4038 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’m rebuilding our 14-year-old dryer, as part of my justification for buying Stranger Things.

Washer and Dryer are now pushing 20 years old. Have replaced thermostat (twice), Washer motherboard, heating element, door liner, pump. Told wife, next thing that breaks, new set. I know the new ones will not last as long, that is why I have held out, but I think we have got our money's worth.

#4039 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

that last one was a doozy

Sorry about that, I was having too much fun and typing away.

Quoted from LTG:

You'd be sad ?

Hell I'm the one that would be dead.

Yeah I would be very sad not seeing any new awesome posts from you here, and knowing that I could never hang out with you in your game room.

It is very sad living next house down from where a close friend died last November.

For whatever reason his family has not done much, his truck is still under the carport, and it looks like Dwayne is home, but Dwayne is not here at all.

Dwayne was a real estate broker and repairman, and he sold me all my rental houses, and did a lot of repairs also for me.

We ate out 2 times a month, sometimes more.

He found my current tenants for me, and he was awesome at getting good tenants.

Confess the housing market has went way up here the last few years, but I have not and will not go up on anyone's rent.

Other landlords I talk to think I am nuts, but they go through tenants all the time, and I have never had much down time, because I do not nickel and dime the tenants, so I can keep a good one for many years, while they may keep a tenant 2-3 years.

Confess I miss all of the pins I have sold, but I do not care to play any of them again.

I miss them because they just looked so good sitting here.

But once I start thinking I am getting tired of this game for whatever reason, time to sell and get something new.

Confess I love that NIB smell the games have when I open the box.

I have seen plenty of pics here of used games with rat nests and stuff in them, I am not into that.

And about 35 years ago I had 4 pins on location at my Dads Construction company.

2 were Bally, and 2 were Gottlieb.

I notice all the time here how some people hate Gottlieb, and some people love them.

I confess I am in the do not care anything about Gottlieb group.

The new Elvira pin is very fun.

The movie clips are interesting, it seems like I kind of remember seeing her a long time ago making fun of movies while the movie was on, but not much.

For whatever reason I do remember Gilbert Gottfried doing the same type stuff.

We laughed at how goofy that dude was, all squinty eyed or whatever.

Confess I have no plans to ever get a Gilbert Gottfried pin, no matter how good it is.

And yeah, I could get rid of the ping pong table to make room for more games, and while it does not look awesome like the pins do, I just like playing some ping pong sometimes, so it is not going anywhere.

Confess I have no plans to get rid of anything anytime soon if ever.

Except for maybe my old pickup truck that I rarely use anymore. I have had it since 1988 and it has always been one thing or another all the time with it. From starter after starter, heater core after heater core, sensors, egr valves, just always something.

A while back I canceled the insurance on it, the gas mileage sucks, 4x4 with a 351, and towing package, and have just been using it on my property to move firewood around.

Confess a wheelbarrow is a lot more work than a truck to move firewood, but a wheelbarrow is a lot more reliable.

Anyway, I am through goofing off for now.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

#4040 2 years ago

Thinking of JohnnyPinball007

I was at a Poppin Fresh restaurant many years ago. ( They later became Bakers Square ).

Had a nice, young waitress. Aiming to please. We had burgers and fries. Then she came and wanted to know if we wanted desert.

I said yes. French Silk Pie. I loved it. She asked if I wanted anything else ? I said yes, please warm it up for me. I was kidding and I thought she'd know.

She goes gets my piece of pie. Pops it in the microwave, and starts heating it up. Instant black smoke rolling out of the microwave and all over.

The manager goes to her screaming at her, she's pointing at me. He comes over and starts yelling at me. I'm playing dumb and told him I didn't know you couldn't warm it up. He threw us out. I did leave money for food and a generous tip.

#4041 2 years ago

It’s been a fair week for me however I confess I’m not looking forward to working early again tomorrow.

#4042 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’m not looking forward to working early again tomorrow.

I have to get up by 10am.

LTG : (

#4043 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LTG : (

Perfect timing I’ll be getting done around that time

#4044 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Confess I do not have to get up at all right now, I could sleep 24 hours a day.

I do have plenty of stuff to work on, and I would love to get up at 8:30am and get started while it is not so hot outside.

After the long rant I made and all the beer I had last night, I got up at the crack of noon today, and I did not even set the alarm clock.

I was doing good for a long time, and getting up around 9am, but then last week a friend wanted me to operate a excavator for him for 3 days, mainly loading dirt on dump trucks, and I had to get up at 5:30am for 3 days in a row, and the early hours sucked, and I have been sleeping until noon pretty much everyday for a while now trying to get rested up again.

I can do early morning stuff, but I prefer not to.

My girlfriend is the worst! As far as early morning stuff.

If on a road trip I am ready to be on the road at 7am, and hell no, by the time she sits around drinking coffee and messing with her hair we are lucky to leave by noon. confess that crap drives me nuts.

She is awesome, except for being ready, or even being on time.

Confess I will take that, over other ladies that do not even care at all about pins.

Quoted from LTG:

Thinking of JohnnyPinball007

Thanks! I love all of your stories!

#4045 2 years ago

I confess after seeing brobra at SS billiards I drank my morning coffee out of this today.

I also confess I have a bad habit of leaving dirty coffee mugs in the garage because I always drink my coffee while I’m driving on the week days.

D0992A35-DA2B-4DA3-B8F9-45BC4AFFA817 (resized).jpegD0992A35-DA2B-4DA3-B8F9-45BC4AFFA817 (resized).jpeg
    #4046 2 years ago

I cancelled the insurance on a old pickup truck over a year ago, but I did not sell it.

It comes in handy on my property, and at the same time no need to take it on the road anyway.

It is not running good now, needs work, and it has been used here a lot in the last year, not like it just sat and was never used.

Anyway, confess I have roadside, with free towing through my cell phone service ($3.00 a month), and I am about to use that to get a free tow for repairs.

Also confess that while I probably could get it towed back here after repairs, I will not do that. That would really feel like cheating the system.

I will pay to get it towed back. (a whole lot cheaper than buying insurance).

That truck is awesome in the snow (4x4), but it has not snowed here to amount to anything in years.

If things change and we ever start getting a lot of snow again like we did a long time ago hell yeah I would pay for insurance again to drive it on the road.

Right now you know how some people have a tiny trailer that they pull behind their mower working around their property, that is what the truck is, except it hauls a lot more.

And I really think insurance on multiple vehicles is a scam anyway.

Why do I have to pay 800.00 a year for each one? (full coverage, and with a 2m umbrella to protect because I have rental houses).

I think it would be more fair, to get billed on the one vehicle that is the most expensive, and maybe just pay a 100 a year for each additional vehicle.

I can only drive one at a time, so I should only be billed full amount for one.

In case of storm damage or whatever, I would be fine with 100 bucks a year for the others.

Confess I would like to cancel some more, I have 3. (the pickup that is canceled already), a car, and a SUV.

But all gets used for the different things I do, and while I could just use the SUV for everything, I do not want it getting messed up and dirty with some of the dirt roads I have to travel on at times. (like operating a excavator for a friend, that pays decent, even though sucks and I have to get up WAY TOO early.

Confess after I started buying games, I was worried what would happen if my house burned to the ground or something crazy.

I called the insurance company, and they had to check, and call me back, but they said the games would be covered under my homeowners policy, as long as they were here, and I was not putting them on location.

Confess insurance companies are weird.

If I was paying insurance on all 3 vehicles it would be around 3 grand a year.

My homeowners is only like 1200 a year, and covers the pins, and the 3 pins are worth more than my 3 vehicles.

I am glad that my insurance on my house, and my rental houses stay the same, but vehicles kept going up every year, while they are worth less and less, and I have had no wrecks, and only one speeding ticket, (which was only 12 over, no points unless 15 over).

(I was only doing 12 over because the driver in front of me was so erratic with slowing down and speeding up, and I knew I was in a cop hot spot, and I just wanted to get around, and away from that other car).

BUT, Confess when I am on open interstate, with no place for a cop to hide, on a road trip, I may (or may not, not admitting anything) go as much as 40 over.

And if I were to go 110 in a 70 out in the country, with no one else around, and no place for a cop to hide, it feels pretty good.

I know there is growing support to make weed legal.

I care less. The good stuff smells really good, but I do not do any of that.

I wish they could make driving as fast as you want legal, on open interstate, and only give a ticket if you are reckless.

On a interstate road trip, we have some nice roads, that even 70mph is just too slow when no other car in sight.

And yeah, I get the safety part of it. If your front tire blows out you may die at high speeds.

I confess when I am on the road, I watch my rear view mirror all the time. I move over as fast as I can when I see a car catching up to me at a higher speed.

Sometimes others give me that same courtesy, and sometimes for some stupid reason I end up behind a car, going 60 in a 70 zone, forever, to get around a truck that is going 59 1/2.

Confess that crap drives me NUTS! That car should have just stayed behind that truck if they could not do much better.

And cars like that always pull out in front of me, at the last second.

I never ever hold anyone up myself, unless I am already in a long line, waiting for that slow car to finally finish passing that slow truck.

Like ok Buddy, I seen you approach me at 150mph, and as soon as I get through this mess myself, I will move over very fast so you can be on your merry way again.

Confess I am very glad that my state started giving tickets to drivers holding up the fast lane a few years ago.

People are so weird. I have been on trips where the speed limit was 70 and they drove 60, and then the speed limit would be 25, and they would still be going 60.

Anyway, I guess that is the reason car insurance prices suck, while homeowner prices are pretty good.

And I did it again, sorry for the long post.

In a couple of months I will be on a road trip, and away from here for about a week, but I will give a heads up.

I hope all of you are having a AWESOME WEEK!

#4047 2 years ago

Confess if I could change my user name here, I would want to be LittleJohnny, if that is available.
    When I first joined here I was in a hurry for whatever reason.
    Kind of like for a while I was in a hurry for a NIB, and did not know that a vault edition could be NIB later.
    And confess who gives a crap, I am very HAPPY! And I hope all of you are doing awesome and happy also.
    Confess most of the best jokes I have ever heard involved a little Johnny, and I am kind of small also.
    Confess I had a few too many beers, and ready to crash for the night.

Johnny pinball is a catchy name.

Sorry about that, I was having too much fun and typing away.

Yeah I would be very sad not seeing any new awesome posts from you here, and knowing that I could never hang out with you in your game room.
    It is very sad living next house down from where a close friend died last November.
    For whatever reason his family has not done much, his truck is still under the carport, and it looks like Dwayne is home, but Dwayne is not here at all.
    Dwayne was a real estate broker and repairman, and he sold me all my rental houses, and did a lot of repairs also for me.
    We ate out 2 times a month, sometimes more.
    He found my current tenants for me, and he was awesome at getting good tenants.
    Confess the housing market has went way up here the last few years, but I have not and will not go up on anyone's rent.
    Other landlords I talk to think I am nuts, but they go through tenants all the time, and I have never had much down time, because I do not nickel and dime the tenants, so I can keep a good one for many years, while they may keep a tenant 2-3 years.
    Confess I miss all of the pins I have sold, but I do not care to play any of them again.
    I miss them because they just looked so good sitting here.
    But once I start thinking I am getting tired of this game for whatever reason, time to sell and get something new.
    Confess I love that NIB smell the games have when I open the box.
    I have seen plenty of pics here of used games with rat nests and stuff in them, I am not into that.
    And about 35 years ago I had 4 pins on location at my Dads Construction company.
    2 were Bally, and 2 were Gottlieb.
    I notice all the time here how some people hate Gottlieb, and some people love them.
    I confess I am in the do not care anything about Gottlieb group.
    The new Elvira pin is very fun.
    The movie clips are interesting, it seems like I kind of remember seeing her a long time ago making fun of movies while the movie was on, but not much.
    For whatever reason I do remember Gilbert Gottfried doing the same type stuff.
    We laughed at how goofy that dude was, all squinty eyed or whatever.
    Confess I have no plans to ever get a Gilbert Gottfried pin, no matter how good it is.
    And yeah, I could get rid of the ping pong table to make room for more games, and while it does not look awesome like the pins do, I just like playing some ping pong sometimes, so it is not going anywhere.
    Confess I have no plans to get rid of anything anytime soon if ever.
    Except for maybe my old pickup truck that I rarely use anymore. I have had it since 1988 and it has always been one thing or another all the time with it. From starter after starter, heater core after heater core, sensors, egr valves, just always something.
    A while back I canceled the insurance on it, the gas mileage sucks, 4x4 with a 351, and towing package, and have just been using it on my property to move firewood around.
    Confess a wheelbarrow is a lot more work than a truck to move firewood, but a wheelbarrow is a lot more reliable.
    Anyway, I am through goofing off for now.

Agreed on the point about keeping good tenants. If their rent is high enough to keep the bills paid, there's no reason to raise it and make them want to leave.
    Good tenants are worth their weight in gold.

#4048 2 years ago

I confess I wish I had a catchy name like Johnny Pinball. And I also confess I wish there was a Taylor Swift pin.

#4049 2 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

I confess I wish I had a catchy name like Johnny Pinball. And I also confess I wish there was a Taylor Swift pin.

#4050 2 years ago

JohnnyPinball007 Should enjoy this.

My day in high school started with home room for 15 minutes. Where they took attendance and made announcements. If you weren't there. They clipped your attendance card on the frame outside the door. Someone went around and collected them and took them to the office.

In my senior year. The first two weeks they kept changing my home room. Gave us our attendance card and which room to go to next. After the fourth or fifth time in two weeks, I thought F it. I kept my attendance card and didn't report to the next room.

So I could never be tardy or late. Unfortunately my report card had a couple tardies and a couple days absent. So I went to the office to complain. As I was never late or absent. They said it was an error and not worry about it. I pointed out that future employers were going to check our records and this could hurt my getting hired. ( teachers loved to drill this BS into us ). I didn't push it too hard, I didn't them finding out why my attendance was perfect.

Down side was I couldn't have a locker, they were assigned by home room. I could attend assemblies in the auditorium, they were assigned by homeroom. I couldn't eat lunch, sections were assigned by home room. And I didn't get a yearbook my senior year, they were ordered in homeroom.

I had a blast my senior year.

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.