Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 252.
    #351 10 years ago

double post..

#352 10 years ago

When outsiders ask me how many machines I have, and I say "7", I quickly follow it up with "my brother has 15!"

#353 10 years ago

Pinball gave me gout. I drink a beer to reward myself for a good game, console myself for a bad game, reward myself for a difficult repair, or help me through a playfield swap.

Quoted from WJxxxx:

"Beer - The cause of and solution to all problems."

#354 10 years ago

i sometimes browse pinside while... nevermind.

#355 10 years ago

I've never met, phoned, emailed, texted, or communicated with Bryan Kelly in any way, but 75% of my restoration practices I learned from him.

#356 10 years ago
    Quoted from MXV:

really wish Trent Reznor would get back on drugs so he can stop putting out boring records.

This is the dumbest thing I've read on Pinside in a long time. And that's saying something.

#357 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

MXV said:
    really wish Trent Reznor would get back on drugs so he can stop putting out boring records.

This is the dumbest thing I've read on Pinside in a long time. And that's saying something.

Don't worry. He was probably Drunk Posting. He will change it tomorrow morning when he is sober. lol

#358 10 years ago

i sometimes browse pinside while... nevermind.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#359 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I sometimes post stupid drunk comments on pinside.

I sometimes post stupid sober comments on pinside.

#360 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I sometimes post stupid sober comments on pinside.

lol same

#361 10 years ago

I intentionally make double posts so I can edit the second one to say "Double post" but still get karma for it.

#362 10 years ago

Double post

#363 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I intentionally make double posts so I can edit the second one to say "Double post" but still get karma for it.

2422634001_karmacop_xlarge.jpeg2422634001_karmacop_xlarge.jpeg
    You now have "Bad Karma"!! Lol, J/K Karma is all bullshit anyway.

btw, I use to live near Appleton.

#364 10 years ago

I have 2 funhouses and I can't decide which one to sell.
    Sometimes I will go into my game room and turn on all of the machines and just sit with a beer and watch all the lights blinking.
    I've used a broom handle to hold playfields in a better 'up' position.
    I clean the glass so often that my wife calls windex "pinball cleaner" (and she knows where to find the bottle when it's not under the sink)
    I've offered a seller more then he was asking for a machine.(after we had made the deal)
    I'm embarrassed when people find out how many pins I have (and I want MORE!)
    I have a few hundred extra LED's in case I get a new machine tomorrow (or hopefully today)
    I had a special bumper sticker made that says, "I buy pinball machines" with my phone # on it - the only call I ever got was from a guy behind me in traffic that asked if I had any for sale.

#365 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Don't worry. He was probably Drunk Posting. He will change it tomorrow morning when he is sober. lol

I confess I was not only totally sober but I firmly believe that and have for years. The Fragile was the last really good record he did. Starting with "With Teeth" I found every record he's done since to be incredibly boring. I just listened to the new on this week and there wasn't a single song on there that made me think "wow this is really good".

#366 10 years ago

I dropped an Earthshaker playfield on my head. ES was my first machine and I had it less than a week when I was diagnosing a flipper issue. The playfiled was up against the backbox and the machine was in test so flipper coils were firing as I was leaning over the buttons looking at the contacts getting pushed together. I had no idea what I was doing really. I guess the vibrations were enough to tip the playfield back toward me. WAM! No stitches just some bloody paper towels.

The worst part was I heard it coming as it began its decent. Though it only took a split second I had enough time to think do I pull my head away and let the pf slam with some excessive force, or just take my punishment? That quarter second was in slow motion, but the impact was in fast forward. I did my best to kind of meet it and cushion the blow, but it still got me pretty good. Lesson learned the hard way.

#367 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure that's how someone met his demise in Final Destination 4

#368 10 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I'm pretty sure that's how someone met his demise in Final Destination 4

If it was my TFTC I would have been guillotined for sure.

#369 10 years ago

I really believe that someone will make a TBL LE (The Big Lebowski) pin one day.

And I will gladly pre-pay in full for the LE....

#370 10 years ago

I often feel like it's a real bummer that many of you great pinball people live so far away.
    Good thing we have Pinside.

Sometimes I click on a thread/topic just to see "who the heck started that thread?"
    And sometimes I even guess it right as to who the OP is.

#371 10 years ago

I sometimes just sit on a chair in the middle of my game room and look at my machines in awe while saying Sweet Jesus while holding a 12-pack as they become a 0-pack.

cat-in-awe-3294_large.jpgcat-in-awe-3294_large.jpg

*Oh.. And...Someone please clean that Persians eyes.

#372 10 years ago

I occasionally refuse to let threads die.

#373 10 years ago

Sometimes I click on 'Member Only' threads even if I don't own that game. I mostly stop myself, because I tend to feel guilty if I read them.

#374 10 years ago

Starting this thread was the only thing I accomplished this week.

#375 10 years ago

That's ok swampfire.
    You're still earning extra credit on your Metal thread that is still alive.

It_is_alive!.jpgIt_is_alive!.jpg

#376 10 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

I occasionally refuse to let threads die.

Damn I was waiting to use that when this thread slowed LOL.

#377 10 years ago

I like the smell of routed games.

#378 10 years ago

I sometimes F&^*N swear on pinside and promised the admins I will wash my mouth out with soap and try to act civilized.

#379 10 years ago

Over the course of the past five days I drove 2200 miles to pick up a pin without looking closely enough at the photos, and in the end I came home empty handed. That's not the confession part though; the confession is that I played so much pinball on the trip that I wasn't even remotely bummed about the wasted trip. Oregon!

#380 10 years ago

Confessor-bridget-regan-7070121-1-e131.jpgConfessor-bridget-regan-7070121-1-e131.jpg

#381 10 years ago

I tell my wife that this is the last game I'm going to buy for awhile & believe it right up until I buy another one..

#382 10 years ago

I looked inside the Original Wisconsin-Minnesota Thread and what I saw was at once frightening and exciting

#383 10 years ago

I wash my hands with novus 1.

#384 10 years ago

I don't care about what you like.

#385 10 years ago

To quote a line in a The Tragically Hip song. "I don't give a f--- about hockey!"

#386 10 years ago

I only pretend to like Shasta soda on Pinside.

#387 10 years ago

I'm not buying any more pinball machines right now because I have no room. Arcade machines on the other hand... well i can probably squeeze one in if I can find a good one.

Forgive me, for I am considering sinning.

#388 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I only pretend to like Shasta soda on Pinside.

Don't back off now... we know you're a sucker for Shasta and the deli sandwiches...... c'mon its confession time!!

#389 10 years ago

I don't have a ceiling in my basement but I figure that money could be spent on another pin...If I'm playing I don't look up anyway...

#390 10 years ago

I killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

#391 10 years ago
    Quoted from tripp:

I've offered a seller more then he was asking for a machine.(after we had made the deal)

WTF.. Explain this?

#392 10 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

WTF.. Explain this?

A few months ago a guy posted a CL ad for a WCS94 for $300 (maybe you saw it?) I immediately emailed him and said he wasn't asking enough for the machine and to call me. As you can imagine he got dozens of replies to his ad and when I talked to him he admitted that he didn't know what the machine was worth. I told him I'd look at the machine and give him more. The machine was in pretty bad shape (bad dmd, kept resetting, rubbers were almost gone, broken plastics, bad wear around free kick, ball was painted with a sharpie, dent in backbox etc...) He was embarrassed about the condition and said that he'd take $300 for it. I told him I'd give him $600 and he was thrilled.
    My wife wasn't too happy with me, and when I told my brother in law the story he thought I was an idiot.
    I've gotten ripped off on two machines (dishonest sellers) in the past and wanted the good karma I guess. I think the karma thing worked too as pinside member TaylorVA gave me a used plastic for the game that would have been really hard to find
    I've spent a bunch of money and time bringing it back and it now looks pretty good and plays great.

#393 10 years ago

I once paid more, as well. I feel good about making a fair deal, not hoodwinking the ignorant.

#394 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I dont actually own any pinball machines

Now THAT is funny. Reminds me of years back when my buddies and I would rent movies from Blockbuster. One of my buddies had a crush on a checkout lady who worked there. One day another buddy said to the checkout lady "See that guy over there? He doesn't even own a VCR. He just likes YOU." The dude with the crush heard it and he RAN out of the store in embarrassment. I laughed myself sick.

#395 10 years ago

In less than 3 hours I will be purchasing enough deli meats to feed 24 people. I will check to see if the store sells Shasta.

#396 10 years ago

I used the term "Avatard" before I bought it. Now I use that word to describe people like me who love the game more than we should, like short-bus happy! I'm an Avatard!

#397 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I own a MM and i play the ipad version more than the real thing.

Quoted from cdnpinballer:

I bought my first pin from a sketchy Ebay seller.
    I own two Space Shuttle's setup next to each other and don't want to sell either of them.

lol those are great!

#398 10 years ago

I don't yet own my first machine.

I would love to join a local pinball club or tournament but don't because I suck at pinball.

But I love pinball.

#399 10 years ago

I just lost my job over $1.27....

And I'm kind of okay with that.

I'm tired, but my feet aren't.

#400 10 years ago
    Quoted from Renegade:

I don't yet own my first machine.
    I would love to join a local pinball club or tournament but don't because I suck at pinball.
    But I love pinball.

The best way "not to suck" is to play and playing with better players will only make you better.
    Join a league, your play will improve quickly.

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.