DSCF9359[1] (resized).jpg
F8595F28-CF6E-405E-8DD8-7D169DE4F52A (resized).jpeg
showroom5 (resized).jpg
showroom3 (resized).jpg
showroom1 (resized).jpg
Amug1 (resized).jpeg
snake33 (resized).jpg
F0065B90-6ED1-4E5F-B01B-1761E117A2CB (resized).jpeg

There are 3825 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 77.
#3751 11 days ago

Confess i woke up to the third high tide in a row this morning.

Going to have to start locking my door to keep the riff raff out.

DSCF9359[1] (resized).jpg

#3752 11 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

He could consider using my place

I’ll let him know. I’d like to have my Knock Out up and running by then too. Heck you could keep it for awhile so everyone can make sure it’s fun. Normally I’m good at getting score motors to stop when I first get EM’s but this one has me…well spinning.

Quoted from LTG:

Not sure when he started. He was going strong in 1999 when Williams closed.
LTG : )

I only know of rumors that he sold EMs but if I were to guess I’d say early 80s

I’ll bet brobra would know he has some cool stuff from Al’s warehouse in his basement.

#3753 11 days ago

I confess I'm getting a little freaked out. (remember how I said weird things happen in pinball?)

This weekend I picked up a GTB Baseball from a local guy who was not only a CocaCola employee but a CocaCola fanatic. His entire basement was dedicated to the product. There were a few exceptions such as his pinball, maybe a treadmill and a couple other things.

So this is my second time owning a GTB Baseball.

My first time owning one was probably close to 18 years ago and I imagined I owned it for about 1 year. I didn't have a lot of pictures because digital cameras were rare and expensive and so was memory back then. But check out this picture I took of the backbox when I sold it many years ago. Don't look at the game, but look what's hanging on the wall to the right. This isn't the same machine but that isn't the point here.

Picture 006 (resized).jpg
#3754 11 days ago

A glitch in the matrix EJS !

#3755 11 days ago

I confess I miss the voicemails about my car warranty.

Now the voicemails are recorded messages wanting me to press one to talk to a officer or something so that a warrant is not issued for my arrest.

I knew I should have never set that game to 10 ball, oh well, maybe I will not have to do much time.

#3756 11 days ago

I confess I used to hate that my basement ceiling is as low as it is.

Now I love the fact that it is low, and I have no room for some cool topper that costs a 1000.00, 1500.00, or whatever.

And I like the fact there is only one house anywhere close to mine, and it has been vacant for a long time.

As high as houses are now, no way I could get it for another rental house if they did decide to sell it.

So currently I am working on a privacy fence, so that I will always have the same privacy I love now.

The way it sits on this dead end street, my 3/4 acre lot feels more like 5 acres.

The way house prices keeps going up I was afraid that I would get slammed with property taxes this year on my house, and rentals. but only 500.00 more total than last year, which is still over 4 grand more than just a few years ago.

And I have never once raised anyone's rent, I just eat the tax increases.

Yeah, the way things have gone up I probably could get 400.00 more a month for a house, but I like my tenants, and I am pretty sure they are loving the way I have never gone up.

I hope none of them ever moves, but if they did I would adjust the price up more for the next tenant, but still stay well below the market.

I never had any kids, and I never wanted any kids, or a wife either, I like long term girlfriends.

I have had a will since I was mid 20's, and if my tenants continue to behave someday I may even change the will to where they get the house they are renting from me after I am gone.

I am a pretty nice dude.

But I confess when my sugar gets low I can be a asshole until I get something to eat.

(maybe "asshole" is extreme, most of the time it is someone talking all the time, and I can not get a word in when I start feeling bad, and if they keep it up at some point I just have to interrupt and say "hey, I have to eat something now, I am feeling weak").

And I confess I would love to have a Krispy Kreme donut. But that and a few other things just about kills me.

Luckily so far Natty has been ok with my system, so I can still have some fun, and not just eating bland crap to live another day.

And even if you are fine now, I recommend changing any vitamins that you take, to gummies. Your system does not process those hard vitamins too well, get gummies, or even Flintstone chewable vitamins.

And by all means, wear sunscreen. (ok, the sunscreen thing was a joke, but not really).

#3757 10 days ago

Confess that i can't stop playing with my balls.

I have a speed ball, a pair of focus balls on strings from the ceiling and a 60mm bouncy ball i play handball with against the wall or just even bounce and catch. I still give my heavy bag some attention, but the balls get most of it.

Love em so much i just ordered 2000 bouncy balls with my logo so i can send them out as gifts to customers. If 1 in a 100 get's put to my intended use and someone gets a benefit out of it, it'll be well worth the cost.

#3758 9 days ago

Confess I just had a random thought hit me, about building a go cart track all the way around my house.

That would be a really bad idea, but it sounds fun.

Confess in the past I thought about building a ultimate frisbee golf course around my yard and a neighbor's yard that has several acres that would not have minded, until I seen how much those baskets cost.

Fast forward a few years now there is a county park owned one about 5 miles away, and free to play and rarely crowded.

And confess I have actually never played frisbee golf but 2 times.

Once about 15 years ago on vacation with a girlfriend, and last year with a girlfriend.

Confess I hope the county will build a free go cart track park. (I mean yeah, supply your own go carts).

I am done with putt putt. I had a 18 hole course that I made, and after years of that I was fine when the outdoor carpet started messing up and I dismantled it.

Confess I would play more frisbee golf, if I had a golf cart, and they were allowed on the course. Those courses are just too damn much walking as I am getting older and my knees hurt.

Confess that sometimes I am one of those southern "hold my beer and watch this" dudes, so I probably should just stay away from go carts, dirt bikes, and even golf carts.

#3759 9 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess that sometimes I am one of those southern "hold my beer and watch this" dudes, so I probably should just stay away from go carts, dirt bikes, and even golf carts.

Just keep them off the roof and away from lakes.

#3760 8 days ago

A go-cart track would be fantastic, but I see a giant roller coaster in your future JohnnyPinball007

Now, for my latest confession, I am going to lay it all bare. I purchased a nib Stern pro for $7.5k. This kind of territory is pushing premiums to $9.5k and LE’s to $10k limited to those on distributor lists. LE’s to be resold nib for $13k. Collecting pinball machines has officially jumped the shark and become too expensive. I used to wait to find a good price before buying a sought after pinball title, now the deals are nowhere to be found. Hard to find savings when the gap between street pricing and MSRP has dried up on pro’s and premium models. One needs to be aware of whether taxes, import fees and credit card fees will be charged. I believe Stern will be raising MSRP prices this go around, along with $500 across the board increases blamed on supplier shortages.

To arrive at $7.5k amount, I bought a nib pro with shipping for $6.3k and optioned $1.2k {shaker motor - $150, shooter rod - $150, uv light kit - $300 and Stern topper - $600}. I don’t feel I went overboard on the options, just stuff I liked and priced ok.

So is $7.5k for pro and $9.5k for premium, too much to pay for an optioned Stern ??? (guess I already did the pro hustle) worse yet, what would happen to $7.5k pro price after Stern did the truffle shuffle ??? It might become .... $8k. FOR A PRO. Stay tuned for more news but for comparison sake - pro’s are currently being sold by distrutors for $6.3k and premiums for $8k before upgrades.

#3761 8 days ago

Congrats on the new Stranger Things Pro, Jeff. The UV kit and shaker are indeed a “must have”, but I skipped the topper and mods on mine. Great game.

#3762 8 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Congrats on the new Stranger Things Pro, Jeff. The UV kit and shaker are indeed a “must have”, but I skipped the topper and mods on mine. Great game.

My buddy rented a STpremium, it gets played more than any other game, and he has almost all the newer Sterns, great game for sure!

#3763 8 days ago

Question for STh Owners and Heavy Players. What’s your success rate getting ball into Demo head? I ask because I have a theory about it. So I can get a ball into the mouth 1/3 shots for either flipper. Sometimes 1 try, sometime 2, sometimes 3 ... 7, 8 - but usually a few tosses and I get it in. During a game I’ll often get a 3-6 successful head shots, while my maximum to date was 11 head shots.

Rules - 1st time you challenge Demo head, ramp folds down and you need one shot into head and then ramp folds up. 2nd time takes 2 shots, third time 3, 4th time 4 and 5th time ????? This happens sometimes with one ball in play and other times multiball. In fact on 4th level I know after you collect it and some jackpots, you can shoot for a super jackpot. The super jackpot consists of the ramp cycling between 3 seconds down and 3 seconds up. Times I cleared 4 levels and collected super jackpot - one game. (It was glorious).

What is your success rate on left and right flipper into Demo head? How many times during a game do you get the head shot?

#3764 8 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Question for STh Owners and Heavy Players.

Lots and lots of discussion about this on the STH Club thread, check it out. I replaced my spacers with washers to lower my DG just a little, and it’s 100% now from a left flipper cradle.

#3765 8 days ago

I confess I hardly know a quarter of the things about Pinball that people on this forum do. Some times I get a little creeped out by the way they talk about the designers and companies. Also I still only know a few of the abbreviations that people talk about(JJP, LOTR) but I press like anyways.

#3766 8 days ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Also I still only know a few of the abbreviations

You can search https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl by abbreviation.

#3767 8 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can search https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl by abbreviation.

AKA; WTF is a TLA

#3768 8 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

AKA; WTF is a TLA

I confess that was pretty funny!

#3769 8 days ago

I see a giant roller coaster in your future

I wish. I miss riding them. I retired from that 2-3 years ago. I had to. If a coaster was smooth as butter it was all awesome, but if rough at all I could feel my brain smashing against my skull and it was hurting and freaking me out.

My girlfriend loves the Busch Gardens at Tampa, maybe next year we will go there, we both love the Falcon's Fury, which is a bad ass drop tower, and it does not hurt my head. (and we like seeing all the wildlife they have there).

(if you have never heard of the Falcon's Fury, probably videos on YouTube). It is awesome!

The Goliath, at the Six Flags 5 miles away used to be smooth, but it got to be hit or miss, with sometimes the wheels getting worn or whatever and would hurt me, while at times it was fine. And at this point I can not chance it anymore.

Quoted from Zartan:

I still only know a few of the abbreviations that people talk about(JJP, LOTR) but I press like anyways.

I am right there with you on all that.

One reason I make long posts is I am not into abbreviations.

I confess I hate abbreviations, even when I know what they are.

And at times when I am talking to someone I can be a little too short, but when I do that it is mainly because my blood sugar or whatever else is acting up.

It pisses me off when someone is short with me.

And some posts on here I have no clue about, I do not get the joke, or caption, and I love to upvote, but sometimes I pretend I have not read something yet, just to see if someone else upvotes it before I do.

And I confess I look at posts that has some down votes, and if the post is not that bad I give a upvote. I am not afraid to stray away from the herd.

And I know all that does not matter, it just always pissed me off back when I sold stuff on eBay that I had 25,000 positives, and 3 negatives, and the 3 negatives were not even my fault, but more of a product review.

I confess I have tried to leave one negative in my life, it was for a National Lampoon Vegas Vacation DVD that I wanted, and it was one thing after another with that seller, and the site would not accept my negative, which really pissed me off, I was like ok, I can get negatives but I can not leave one, this is not fair at all.

That was maybe 15 years ago, and I just remembered it now, not like I think about it every day or anything, but Natty has me relaxed and I am remembering some old stuff.

Robin is AWESOME!

Yeah I hate it that no awesome looking female nudity allowed here, but I love the no politics or religion rules here.

And the message a member feature works awesome, if you want to share more views or whatever with a member here, that you can not just post for everyone to see.

Not only are there just so many awesome members here, but this site is AWESOME!

No pop up ads, and when I look for something on the internet no ads about Pinside or anything popping up somewhere else.

I confess that long ago I got so tired of ads all over the place for log splitters, after I had looked at some of those, that I said screw it, if I have to see all these ads anyway, I want to be entertained, and I proceeded to shop for a whole lot of sexy lady bikinis.

And that worked very good for a long time.

Worked very good until my new girlfriend would be using my computer and was having all these hot ladies in bikinis popping up all over the place in ads and I was like I have no clue what all of that is about, one time I looked for a log splitter, and now I have all these ads popping up.

I have never been on fake book, and I never will, I have heard that they are the worst at this kind of crap. while just other sites are bad enough anyway.

I am just getting old, in a few hours I will be a whole year older. (and it sucks) as far as knee pain, but actually ok that I can pretty much just chill when I want to.

When I was younger I always worked 80+ hours a week, so that when I got older I would not have to.

Confess I am so glad I did that, but my knees get mad at me these days about all that in a hurry.

And I enjoyed making another long rant and relaxing, and I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEKEND!

#3771 7 days ago

Happy birthday JohnnyPinball007!

Also,Happy Naturday

459EAF28-6CD2-4B13-8E47-D577D528091D (resized).jpeg
#3773 7 days ago

Not to be repetitive, but happy birthday JohnnyPinball007!

#3774 7 days ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Happy birthday

Quoted from LTG:

Happy Birthday

Thanks Guys!

I confess I doubt I will be making any long posts tonight, but tomorrow night I may make one in the Happy Thread, or the bitch thread, depends on how the night goes. (I am just kidding around).

#3775 7 days ago

Happy Birthday Buddy!

#3776 7 days ago
Unknown (resized).jpeg
#3777 7 days ago

Happy Birthday Johnny

natty (resized).jpg
#3778 7 days ago

Looks like the boys at Anheuser-Busch are ready to help you celebrate as they rollout new 77-pack’s - in red, white and blue - just in time for JohnnyPinball007’s birthday and ahead of 4th of July. :fireworks:
58FBA18E-4600-4045-8B89-A5F4700EA619.jpeg

#3779 7 days ago

I confess that's it's more difficult to be able to pay for excessive drinking in Canada compared to our buddies to the south.
Plain 'ole Bud Light (my golf bag beer and boat beer) is about $1.90 a beer after taxes to buy. $3 ea probably for decent craft beer (i'm a beer snob)

I've bought a 50 pack of Kirkland light at Costco in Louisiana for like $0.49 ea. We buy the 36 packs in Arizona for $20 or so I think.

#3780 7 days ago

Sorry I’m late with the birthday wishes Johnny hopefully you are having fun!

#3781 7 days ago

rollout new 77-pack’s

I confess I just grabbed my calculator and that is 14 cents each less than I pay for 30 packs, so I will be stocking up!

Quoted from poppapin:

Happy Birthday

Thanks!

Just a normal day, my phone woke me up while I was taking a nap, and my girlfriend is running late as usual.

We are headed off to see some friends and go to the Pacific Seafood Buffet.

#3782 7 days ago

Happy Birthday! JohnnyPinball007 ! It’s my fiancé’s moms birthday today as well!

#3783 7 days ago

I confess that I spend more on beer a week than food.

#3784 7 days ago

Happy b day 2 u JP!

#3785 7 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

What kind of beer are we talking? Some can be well over $5 per bottle.

#3786 7 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

At least you got your priorities straight !

#3787 7 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Picking up what you are putting down brother. $350 a week is my beer bill. I only eat 1 small meal a day.

#3788 7 days ago

Happy birthday Johnny! Come by for a natty sometime! Just give me heads up so I can make sure I have some in the fridge for you.

Same for you jaybird, if you’re ever up north a little hit me up!

#3789 7 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Picking up what you are putting down brother. $350 a week is my beer bill. I only eat 1 small meal a day.

When I get to Australia, I know who I’m getting a hold of.

#3790 6 days ago

Sure, and i live on beautiful stretch of coast too! Get a group tour happening. We'll all end up in NZ rotordave place.

#3791 6 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Me too!

The Natty is 60 cents a beer, while the chicken is 99 cents a pound, and the beef around 2.99 a pound.

I drink cheap and eat cheap.

Anyway, I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a nice cold Natty.

The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My girlfriend walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Nothing."

The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?"

At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.

Finally I pondered an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?

Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?

Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question.

Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion:

A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."

But you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I rest my case.

Time for another Natty.

Quoted from EJS:

birthday wishes

Quoted from Zartan:

Happy Birthday!

Quoted from JayDee:

Happy birthday

Thanks Guys!

#3792 6 days ago

A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
But you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

That’s seriously funny! I confess that I would rather be kicked in the nuts than raise another child.

#3793 6 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s seriously funny! I confess that I would rather be kicked in the nuts than raise another child.

I confess that didn’t even make me flinch.

#3794 6 days ago

Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful

One thing for sure. They go in easier than they come out.

#3795 5 days ago

I confess that I don’t get:
- flipper toppers
- leg lights
- hinge decals
- custom floor mats
It’s getting to a point where every square inch of a game is covered with “art”. I’m coming around on game blades, especially the Stern blades that are done by the same art team, they usually look great. I confess that I’m glad nobody is doing lockbar and leg wraps yet, but you know it’s coming.

#3796 5 days ago

My 9 year old son had some friends over and they eventually started banging on the pinballs- which made me glad, because I figured they had probably never had much exposure to pinball, if any. But then, one kid was staring at the spinning spider on Scared Stiff, the game is yelling "Use the Flippers!" and the kid starts asking "what are the flippers?"

I am glad he was reading the DMD and listening to the game, but I am sad he didn't know, but I am glad that he knows now...

I had to abbreviate DMD, writing that out is just strange. Sorry JohnnyPinball007

#3797 5 days ago

It’s 11:30 am, I’m not working and I’m drinking a cold beer, watching a new garage door being installed on a beautiful day. Life is Good!

#3798 5 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m drinking a cold beer, watching a new garage door being installed

Do you need any more supervisors to make sure the job is getting done correctly? I have a cooler full of ice cold “hand tools”

#3799 5 days ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Do you need any more supervisors to make sure the job is getting done correctly? I have a cooler full of ice cold “hand tools”

Shoot down 355 take a right at 80, and your about 5 minutes from me.

#3800 5 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Shoot down 355 take a right at 80, and your about 5 minutes from me.

Shit! I would of been on the way a couple hours ago, but now I’m sitting here with a beer. Head up 355 take a right at Biesterfield rd and you’re about a minute from me

There are 3825 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside