Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 252.
    #301 10 years ago

-I didn't grow up with pins; I simply inherited one that lived in the house and now I got hooked, and have two more.
    -I enjoy cleaning/waxing the playfield more than actually playing the game. Fixing a non-working part is a challenge that I enjoy.

#303 10 years ago

Once while changing lightbulbs on my Sorcerer, attract mode kicked in and yelled "SORCERER". It scared the crap out of me and I ended up throwing the bulb I was holding across the room.

#304 10 years ago

Man I was so pissed last night I don't remember going to bed. Father's Day lunch that extended Into the night. Think I am still boozed cause the hangover hasn't kick in properly.

#305 10 years ago

Once while my wife and I were playing a game we got into a heated argument. After ball 3 she stormed upstairs. She ended up getting GC and with no one there to put in initials I felt obliged to enter them for her. So it took a long time before the player “ASS” score was cleared off the machine.

#306 10 years ago

1. I speak pinball game call outs in everyday conversations with civilians.

2. After testing and tweaking a game with the glass off I tap in my initials for the high score.

3. I did not read all of the posts in this thread.

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

#307 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

1. I speak pinball game call outs in everyday conversations with civilians.

Me too. I love telling people that "WE MUST BUILD AN ATOMIC BLASTER!" and watching their reaction.

#308 10 years ago

1. I didn't like my TZ all that much, and it was a perfect playing pin and good looking too! Got old fast.

2. I actually like my Stern Avatar.

3. All my pins are set on 5-ball play, and Ball Save is set at max on all of them. (For the grandkids, you know.

4. I am VERY slow at learning 'What to do." when I get a new pin.

5. I get shocked every once in awhile when working on pins with my shirt off. Fat belly lays up against the metal side rails and I get the 'tingles' every so often.

6. I actually get TIRED when playing long games.

7. I put the most brightest, garish LED's I can find in ALL my pins! You need sunglasses to play.

Mike in Kentucky

#309 10 years ago

I miss my Bad Cats even though I didn't play it a ton and it went to a good home.

#310 10 years ago

I once "cleared" a playfield with nail polish using the tiny brush in the bottle.

#311 10 years ago

I like the ruby red slippers and will replace them if they ever break.

#312 10 years ago

Steve Ritchie games give me a boner.

#313 10 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

I once "cleared" a playfield with nail polish using the tiny brush in the bottle.

A whole playfield?

#314 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

I didn't like my TZ

I stopped reading this guys post after I read this.

#315 10 years ago

I would use the word fuck more if I didn't think it would get me banned. Actually getting banned would lead to a more productive life...so.....fuck, fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck......

See you guys on the other side.

#316 10 years ago

I sold my Centaur with a CPR playfield and plastics, and bought a CSI with the money.

I like playing CSI more than LOTR.

I searched for CSI action figures once.

#317 10 years ago

I watch PAPA tournaments on YouTube to learn things that when I try make me a worse player.

#318 10 years ago

Even I think I'm holding onto the past with my SB XLV ring avatar..

#319 10 years ago

I like the Stern IJ more then the Williams. What are you doing with those torches?

#320 10 years ago
    Quoted from PattyJ:

Well that is some fine advice, but the last I heard Carl was in Australia working on a pinball lessons partnership with a "new" pinball distributor. They made him a lot of promises and he seems excited, but he's not the brightest bulb.
    Also, I heard the last owner of the famous Apron of Destiny allowed it to fall into enemy hands, so I'm probably out of luck unless the current owner has an unusually strong desire for some Shasta and is willing to work out a special arrangement with me.

Indeed. I failed us all. We really need a mission to save the apron. Who will champion such a dangerous cause?

#321 10 years ago

I am often tempted to point out grammar usage mistakes in posts, like there/their/they're and you're/your, but I don't.

#322 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I am often tempted to point out grammar usage mistakes in posts, like there/their/they're and you're/your, but I don't.

Oh hell yes.

#323 10 years ago

grammar.jpggrammar.jpg

#324 10 years ago

My wife regularly mops the floor with me in any circus themed pinball game and I can't figure out how, as I play a lot more than her.

I want to get a Fireball home edition so badly only to pimp the crap out of it. Who says you can't polish a turd?

#325 10 years ago

I sometimes post stupid drunk comments on pinside.

#326 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I miss my Bad Cats even though I didn't play it a ton and it went to a good home.

I just put new legs, levelers, and bolts on it. Come check it out! You have to make it over to MN SOMEDAY...

#327 10 years ago

I really, really like Demolition Man. Both the movie and the pin. The movie gets a bad rap. It's actually pretty funny and most people don't seem to appreciate its slightly cornball nature though I think it was intentionally meant to be a little tongue in cheek.

The pin does an exceptional job capturing the theme and mood of the movie. It doesn't take itself too seriously, plays loose, and fun. It is one of the best pins I can think of when it comes to representation of its source material.

I also really like the movie Last Action Hero for pretty much the same reasons. I've even considered picking up an LAH mainly because of this.

#328 10 years ago

I change my mind about my next pin every day.

#329 10 years ago

I think there's alot of whiny, childish people on Pinside.

But not you of course.

Chris

#330 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

I'd own more machines... if my wife let me.

Ditto for me!!!

#331 10 years ago

I've already started thinking about how many more pins I can set up when my son goes off to college. He's 14.

#332 10 years ago

I want to quit my job and just play & restore pins till I croak.

#333 10 years ago

I've listened to the new NIN album at least 50 times already.

#334 10 years ago

I think that NIN hasn't put out a good record since The Fragile and really wish Trent Reznor would get back on drugs so he can stop putting out boring records.

#335 10 years ago

Nearly every non-pinball aspect of my life has suffered as a result of getting into pinball.
    Luckily my wife and I share in the pinball obsession (ok, fine, she's not as obsessed as I am) so my marriage is not one of those things suffering...

#336 10 years ago

I think using abbreviations for pinball in conversation or when referring to a game is one of the most ridiculous things ever.

I traded Cirqus Voltaire for Scared Stiff. I sold Scared Stiff for $1500 and a Terminator 2. I am still happy to this day.

I think Demolition Man is in the top 3 of best pins ever made and don't understand why people think Monster Bash is a good game.

#337 10 years ago

I have more balls that just about anyone I know... I polish them regularly..

#338 10 years ago

I don't think John Mayer is all that bad

#339 10 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

I have more balls that just about anyone I know... I polish them regularly..

I also juggle, so I collect all kinds of balls, not just shiny ones.

Totes full.

Then there's my pachinko balls. I only have one of those machines, though. Someone with several of them probably has us both beat in the balls department.

#340 10 years ago

Confession 1. I read page one, skipped pages 2- 6, and most of 7.

2. I really do like my Data East games better than Bally/Williams.

3. RFM is my favorite Bally/Williams game.

4. I enjoy working on pins more than playing them.

#341 10 years ago

When taking apart, waxing, touching-up, cleaning with every cleaner, waxing, ordering parts,etc... ordering LED's. I am thinking, "No one is putting this much work into their pin's to look as good as mine"...

#342 10 years ago

I am still looking at this feed at least twice a day for new posts.I really hope all the people who say data east pins are better than Williams/bally are being tounge in cheek!

#343 10 years ago

I recently discovered electricity on a personal level while poking around the underside of a playfield with the power on. The resulting painful yell was largely ignored by my family since it is a common occurrence when I am playing pinball.

#344 10 years ago

Ironically, I seem to really like pins based on themes I hate and really dislike pins based on themes I love.

Drunken posts always seem like the best ever at the time. The next day they seem like the worst ever and I regret them.

I don't like Spiderman or Monster Bash because they seem way too easy to me but I have never actually gotten to the wizard mode on either.

When I reach a wizard mode on a pin on location I step away from the machine for a few seconds, raise my hands up, and try to make sure anyone in the vicinity witnesses that I am a Bad Ass Mutha F.... Yes, I realize that said witnesses probably think I'm weird. Yes, I think programmers purposely delay the start of wizard modes just so people like me can do this.

When I get a high score on location I take extra time scrolling through the alphabet to enter my name so anyone in the vicinity can see what a Bad Ass Mutha....

I might regret this post tomorrow.

#345 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Drunken posts always seem like the best ever at the time. The next day they seem like the worst ever and I regret them.

I have upset/pissed off my first person on Pinside this way... ahhh. beeer. BRB need another then I will say something delightful that I could never regret.. lol zzz time.

#346 10 years ago

"Beer - The cause of and solution to all problems."

#347 10 years ago

I've been beaten in a pinball game by people who don't even play or who have never played. This happens more often than I like to admit.

I will hit a ramp shot over and over again because it feels good rather than hit the shot I'm supposed to in order to advance the game.

I try to nudge the machine left and right to avoid drains to the outlanes, but something in my brain tells me to nudge in the opposite direction of what is needed, causing as many drains as I avoid. I'm not sure how to correct this as it seems subconscious.

I do board work with totally inadequate tools. I So far, so good - but I'm sure it would make most people cringe.

When I tear down a game, I always have nuts, washers and sometimes screws left over after rebuilding it.

I tell people that I like my 'B' games as much as any 'A' game, but if I were to be honest, I'd love a couple of the 'A' titles a lot more than my 'B's, if I could justify the extra money for a single game.

I want a pony.

#348 10 years ago

LOL, well, I think deep down, we ALL would like a pony!

#349 10 years ago

People using the term "HUO" completely wrong drives me nuts!

I have some HUO toilet paper for sale if you don't understand.

#350 10 years ago

I have a difficult time keeping up with the Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast.

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.