AB29D638-416E-40B7-A546-858D33C430A7 (resized).jpeg
R2c6c7d8ca6c82a292be0e09e576a461f (resized).jpg
A15E9323-1E3B-4B55-BB5F-68E98CA28D32 (resized).jpeg
bags3 (resized).jpg
bags1 (resized).jpg
40D6EC15-A3D3-4DE7-B521-5242B1B301BC (resized).jpeg
catowl (resized).jpg
mastdebate1 (resized).jpg

There are 3567 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 72.
#3351 57 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Never get too honest and tell your girl about how things about her Mom that ticks her off, has rubbed off on her and ticks me off.

Update: That actually turned out ok.

I heard about it again for 2 minutes, along with "did you post that on Pinside" this morning.

But tonight she was cool, and not acting like her Mom.

Her Mom is just blah.

I confess I have the coolest Mom ever. No one ever asks me how I am doing, they all ask how Mom is doing.

I also confess that I have always been very frugal. I have never purchased a new car or truck for myself. BUT, after Dad got very sick years ago, through the years I have purchased 2 new cars for Mom.

Mom loves that pitch and bat game I bought a few months ago, and recently she said she hopes I never sell it, and I will not, I am glad she is having a good time.

Mom used to love the pins, AC/DC was her fav, until she started having eye problems.

And I confess I have dated some awesome girlfriends, but this lady I have been dating for a while now is by far the best ever. Not only can she cook good, but 90% of what she cooks does not make me sick.

(long ago one girlfriend thought she was great in the kitchen, but she would do stuff like add garlic to mac and cheese...WTF).

I also confess that with the virus stuff now they are saying 3 feet is ok, no need for 6 feet. HELL NO, I love the 6 feet deal, I have not even had a cold in the last year.

My girlfriend was also doing awesome, until her Mom came to visit for Christmas, and my girl ended up in the hospital for 5 days.

I confess there was about 3 weeks recently that I was very depressed, just stayed in bed about all day, while my girl was not doing well.

And now at times in the back of my mind I think "it lives", "it is alive", but not for long, she is awesome.

I have not noticed anything new from LTG, I hope he is doing awesome and has more to share soon.

#3352 57 days ago

I think pinside might be your therapist,

Don’t take your girl for granted, play games with her often, spend lots of time getting to know her, don’t worry with what’s on pinside all the time like some of us do... my wife stares and ogles at her phone too much. I love working with my hands, I use my phone as a tool mostly, but I see her spend hours every day on her phone , then wishing she could play the piano, we have one she never touches, but she’s a pro at finding info on the Internet, I finally got her to play “her” Addams family the other night for the first time in months, she sucks at pinball bad, and wishes she were better. thank God I found her, what would I do with out seeing videos of $6000 dogs running in someone’s kitchen on Instagram.

#3353 57 days ago

has more to share soon.

I don't know why I thought of this recently.

35+ years ago. Had a very pretty young blond coming in. Major pain. Not enough to kick her out. But tiring to see her working friends and guys to pay her way.

Back then I used to listen to a police scanner. One evening I just happened to hear a car pulled over on 7th street nearby. It was her. This got my attention.

No license. No insurance. She got a ticket and they let her drive off. I was amazed they didn't tow the car or get an insured licensed driver to come get it. I guess it pays to be a pretty young blond female.

A few minutes later she comes in. I looked at her and said, "so you got a ticket? ". She replied in a hot tone, "NO". Oh well. None of my business.

Hours later when I left for home. I saw a ticket laying out in the parking lot. It was hers. She tossed it.

Now being the conscientious, law abiding, citizen that I am. ( insert laugh track here ) I felt it was my civic duty to assist this person.

So I went back inside. Put a stamp on it. On the inside I wrote in big letters. F*** You I'm Innocent !. Sealed it, and mailed it.

I would imagine the deputy registrar upon opening it and expecting a check. Seeing nothing but that message. Probably set a land speed record issuing a warrant for her arrest.

About this time one of my customers had a friend who was on the highway patrol. He gave us a stack of blank tickets. So we could fill them in as needed and leave them under the windshield wiper on vehicles.

We had a blast with that. Funny things like $50 fine for being ugly. $100 fine for too many tires on the car. $25 fine for parking east-west in a north-south zone. $50 fine for not having a better car.

We'd hang around the window and watch the look on their faces when first they see the ticket. Then when they read it. They'd usually see us all watching and laughing. If they laughed about it to, we'd give them a couple of the tickets so they could have fun too.

LTG : )

#3354 56 days ago

Johnny Pinball, I confess that i wonder how many arcade and pins you have and why you have them set to private.
I also confess that I feel as though I should already know what you have, just from reading your posts over the years

#3355 56 days ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Johnny Pinball, I confess that i wonder how many arcade and pins you have and why you have them set to private.

I had just set it on private when I joined the site and never adjusted anything again.

2 pins, The Walking Dead Pro, and Oktoberfest
a Zombie League All Stars pitch and bat
2 multicades, a 60 in one cocktail, and a 12k in one standup.

And indoor cornhole with 12 foot ceiling, a ping pong table, and outdoor horseshoes(and we are sucking so bad at horseshoes it is not even any fun).

#3356 56 days ago

And I am so tired I totally forgot about Big Buck Hunter and Golden Tee.

Hell, just played 3 rounds of Big Buck.

#3357 55 days ago

And I am so tired I totally forgot about Big Buck Hunter and Golden Tee.
Hell, just played 3 rounds of Big Buck.

Well i think Big Buck and Golden Tee went without saying. I feel like i have been there playing them with you sometimes.
Glad to hear about ping pong. That is my jam, been playing since i could walk. Other than college have always had a table in my home

#3358 55 days ago

Something that's ok to call "a table"

#3359 55 days ago

i love pinball, but i am getting burned out from podcasts and the experts in the hobby. i used to listen to podcasts and come on the forums to learn, all i have learned is how everything sucks

#3360 55 days ago

Confess this gave me some pleasure.

this (resized).JPG

sure (resized).JPG

this2 (resized).JPG

#3361 55 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Something that's ok to call "a table"

What’s your favorite game? Mines Pinball Deluxe

#3362 55 days ago
Quoted from zenbone:

but i am getting burned out from podcasts and the experts in the hobby.

Simple. Quit listening to them. Except for me, this one time.

#3363 55 days ago

I have a confession about Yelobird

When Dave was a child and the ice cream truck came around. His mother convinced him the ice cream truck only played music when it was out of ice cream.

#3364 55 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Simple. Quit listening to them. Except for me, this one time.

Key Post!
The Lady I luck I bought was rated 2# EM, so I expected it to be this great thing, and was disappointed.
Now, after 100 games, I am extremely happy with it. Wish I hadn't read the Reviews and developed preconceived notions.
One reason I haven't done any Reviews, yet.

#3365 55 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

One reason I haven't done any Reviews, yet.

I did reviews for a short while, but then I realized that my taste changes a lot, and I should leave it alone for now.

Quoted from LTG:

We had a blast with that. Funny things like $50 fine for being ugly.

That is extremely funny! Most likely I will pay a lot more attention to Prada than my girlfriend will(and she loves dogs also), so if you have tickets left you can leave one on my passenger side for her about not petting the dog enough.

(just don't leave a wide load ticket, she is sensitive about her weight, and actually she is in pretty decent shape).

Not sure yet when I will be taking her anywhere. After the virus put her in the hospital for 5 days she does not want to go anywhere yet.

EXCEPT! (and this pisses me off), recently I seen a game room about 40 minutes away has a game I want to try. I told her about it, "oh no, it will be a long time before I go to any place like that". I said yeah, you are right, I will just order one(EHOH).

One damn week later, her grandson that she has not seen in a while invites her to his baseball game, and she does not want to drive that far, wants me to, and I said hell no, I am staying away from everyone.

THEN, she has the nerve to tell me there is a game room near the ballpark. I can hang out there.

I had a whole lot of fun with that. I told her ok, so you are careful and not going to any place right now UNLESS your grandson is involved, and if he is involved then all safety suddenly does not matter anymore.

She could just drive for about a hour, in a very bad traffic area to see her grandson anyway, and she hates that drive, and instead thought she would talk me into a 2 hour crappy traffic drive. Hell No!

I confess even traffic in my area that has always been a breeze is getting a lot worse now. Every ounce of vacant land around here they are building more and more houses, or more and more warehouses.

One weird thing was the minute the local K Mart that had been there forever closed, and is still vacant, the parking lot suddenly had 100+ Amazon vans parked there. And a few miles away I also seen a gigantic Amazon warehouse, and about 25 miles away I seen another gigantic Amazon warehouse.

Fed Ex and UPS have both built big places not far from here also, and man, with all that truck traffic I can almost walk to the store faster than driving now to get more Natty.

I love my house and I never want to move. But the way the area is getting and real estate is so high sometimes I think about moving somewhere else.

But hell no, I have too much crap, I need my crap, and I don't want to have to move all this crap somewhere else. (Jay can chime in, he stopped by and seen all the crap). (and actually trying to be funny thinking Steve Martin at the end of THE JERK movie).

And really, no I am not happy with traffic getting worse and worse, but I guess it is better than living somewhere where everyone is leaving and business after business is forced to shut down and the town is becoming a ghost town.

Actually, maybe I need to sell and move to one of those places, no traffic to go out and get Natty, and... Never mind, my mind went blank.

All I know is this area is booming, now hiring signs all over the place.

The closest game room to me is 40 minutes in a couple different directions, and I do not blame them, I would love to start a game room here, but hell no, it would just get broken into all the time at night.

It is a real shame that my area does have a lot of people that would rather steal than work.

And that is the main reason I kept my games private on here, in case they find this site.

(and unless they know a good bit about a pinball machine, all they would do would be to tear it up if they tried to steal from here, I have very low clearance overhead). (I am pretty sure the Big Buck Hunter is safe, all I could do to get it in before I added the stuff on top).

And I confess that I only drink beer, I can not do any kinds of drugs, they do not agree with me, I always get them filled anyway, and leave them around so that if any asshole ever breaks in while I am sitting in traffic to get beer most likely they will be happy enough to just get the drugs, and leave my games alone.

Yeah, I do have a security system, but the cops would be in traffic also to get here.

Sorry for the long rant, I was kind of trying to be funny at times, I am not there yet.

Soon I hope to be funny all the time.

Not that I could ever be as funny and creative as LTG, but I will work toward that.

LTG does have the best stories, and most of the best jokes here also, while also trying to help everyone anytime he can, he should have like 5 million points here!

#3366 55 days ago

Johnny, be free. Everybody is waking up and doing what they want to do.

#3367 52 days ago

Having my last Natty, or next to the last for the night now.

I confess reading some topics I like to look at to relax has me puzzled.

Lots of downvotes going on, and I did not see any reason for so many, or any at all for that manner.

Maybe someone made a bad joke that I did not get or something is all I can figure out.

Anyway, I wish all of you a awesome 2021!

Goodnight!

#3368 52 days ago

I confess reading some topics I like to look at to relax has me puzzled.
Lots of downvotes going on, and I did not see any reason for so many, or any at all for that manner.

1) Forum Settings
2) Interactive Features
3) Upvotes Only

Presto, no more downvotes visible

#3369 52 days ago

Got one for you.

Many years ago I was at the State Fair with a friend. We often checked out new foods that we might like. That year they had deep fried Twinkies.

We found them. Ordered a couple. Taking forever to deep fry. A fat lady ( and I mean huge fat lady ) waddle up and watched. They discovered the deep fryer was unplugged, and that was why it took so long.

I finally got mine. Deep fried Twinkie on a stick. And misformed, probably because of the delay in deep frying. Had a couple parts sticking out of both sides.

The fat lady asked me, "what do you think ?". I told her it looked like they deep fried a hamster. She kind of gagged and said, "and they let you in here ?". And waddled off. Never to be seen again.

#3370 51 days ago

Do you ever do fun stuff nowadays Lloyd?

#3371 51 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Do you ever do fun stuff nowadays Lloyd?

Of course. Anything worth doing is worth having fun. Messing with customers is always good sport. Like when they come up to pay for pool and ask how much ? I often tell them $200. They look shocked. Then I add, "hey, I took a shot".

Some of the older stuff just seems funnier now. When my mother owned the business. She couldn't buy her own games. She had an operator in here. One day a service man came in. Fixed a pin. Then went down the strip mall to the barber that was here then. To get his hair cut.

I waited ten minutes and called down there. I told the barber to let Gary ( the service man ) know that Norm ( manager of the company that owned the games ) was there and wanted to talk with him.

Gary came running in, still had the sheet on him from the barber shop. Huffing and puffing. He looked around and asked where Norm was ? It took a couple minutes for reality to set in and he figured out that I got him. I got him good.

#3372 51 days ago

Just turning 57 and feel like i'm hitting my peak is all. We have a crack up laugh most every day teasing each other and setting jokes up on each other. Everything from firecrackers to small animals in handbags.

Today's confession, while talking to a mate last night (he got there while i was hitting the heavy bag and watched while he waited) he said i should get a speed bag so the bag was hitting back and i had to practice moving more than my arms and legs.
He recommended a double end speed bag for me rather than a fixed ceiling one because of the wider range of movement. I decided it would be easier to shop online and get it delivered rather than drive the 20mins into the city

My confession is that i was quite full of trepidation when entering the search phrase into google that i was going to see stuff i never want to see.

#3373 50 days ago
Quoted from punkin:Just turning 57 and feel like i'm hitting my peak is all.

I am turning 53 soon, and I felt like my peak was at 38.

I enjoy every day, and man time flies by when I do things I like to do.

Anymore if a client wants me to mess with some crap I do not want to mess with, I am fine with saying no, even if the job was going to pay really good.

I am not rich, not even close, (money-wise), but I have enough wisdom and I know life is short, so I try to have all the fun I can.

Anyway, sorry for that rant.

I was just sitting in the jacuzzi for the first time in months. My back has been bothering me lately and I was thinking about how my back was always in good shape back when I sat in there for a while about every night.

It is just these games, mostly Big Buck Hunter now, that takes my time and the jacuzzi and boat rarely ever get used anymore.

And the boat was not getting used much for a long time anyway, because it just stays so windy here all the time anymore, and it is a pain in the ass trying to do anything with a boat on a lake when there is a lot of wind.

As far as boat stuff, I mostly night fish, usually the wind is calmer at night.

The wind was rough while out in the jacuzzi a few minutes ago, I was thinking damn, please calm down and don't be knocking any trees down.

As far as boat stuff, I do have a 3 person banana tube, and it is fine to use on a windy day. I just can't find enough people that want to use it now.

A couple girlfriends back I was the life of the party and the whole family would be all lined up waiting for their turn on the tube. I do miss all of them, except the ex.

I have thought about in the past just showing up at a beach area on the lake, and saying hey, cool tube here, 3 people can ride, it is free, just to help some others to have some fun.

My uncle used to say oh no, if someone gets hurt they will sue you.

WELL, for years now I have been paying for a 2 mil umbrella policy anyway because of rental houses, so I am not so worried about getting sued anyway.

I confess that is all wishful thinking.

I stay so busy, and when not working my girlfriend is pretty much demanding that I play Big Buck Hunter with her.

If I was a little less busy with work, I would love to just hang out at the pound, and pet any dog for a while that wants to be petted.

And after the virus stuff calms down maybe I can talk my girlfriend into going to the lake and riding some strangers around on the tube. I already have plenty of ski vests in all sizes from long ago.

I could already be riding my girlfriends grandkids around, but her daughter in law will not have anything to do with her, and her son is whipped.

I used to have a girlfriend that was so-so, with a awesome family.

Now I have a awesome girlfriend with a family that is not even so-so.

I am 100% happy, but I do miss towing people around on the lake on that banana boat tube.

BUT, long ago, when I was single, and just had a simple tube, I was pretty bad:

One time I gunned the boat after another boat had made like a 4 foot wave, and that friend went like 50 feet in the air and he did have some sprains but no broken bones when he hit the water.

One time I seen another 4 foot wave, and I was almost stopped to let that rider get back on the boat, and I thought hell no, this wave is too good, I want to send him up 50 feet.

That did not work. apparently the boat was going too slow when I gunned it, and instead of jumping the wave and going 50 feet in the air, the tube went under the wave and took the dude like 15 feet under water.

And while both of them wanted to give me a turn on the tube, I said hell no, and sorry I hurt you, but it was funny.

(right after my friend went 50 feet in the air there were army or air force planes flying over, and I said damn dude, you got so high in the air they are out here now trying to figure out what that blip on the radar was).

(that was my friend Dwayne, he passed away just a few months ago at 58. I miss him and Terry(who-dey) so much).

And I confess if I ever do ride a tube, and trust someone to pull me, I will just roll off the first time that I do not like what I see going on.

I miss taking the boat to the lake. I will be good 99% of the time.

But kind of most people may be leery of riding a golf cart with LTG, I am kind of like that if I spot a tall wave when I am driving the boat.

And no, this is not a long post, this is the only post I made today, and I kept forgetting to hit the send button.

Others may make 200 posts in a week, but look at how short theirs are.

I wish all of you the best! I love Pinside!

And thanks again to LTG and others, for sharing stories and not just being so short with posts.

#3374 49 days ago

LTG and others, for sharing stories

The egg posts in the know you are old thread reminded me of one special Easter in 1996.

I was at a friends place in Wisconsin. A kind of hobby farm. Road leading in that split in two around some trees and then turned back into one and up to the house. The house sat on a high bluff overlooking their gardens below.

Around the house and trees was the perfect spot for an Easter egg hunt for all the kids in the extended families. I was invited.

My friends Brother in law and I hid the three dozen decorated Easter eggs around the area. Then the hunt began.

As the kids found the eggs and stuck them in their baskets, we kept count to see if they found them all. The kids found 38 eggs and were still hunting them.

I tried to caution the parents not to let the kids eat the eggs or break them open. There were obviously eggs from previous years. Nobody listened.

Oh well. The car ride home or their house later must have smelled wonderful.

#3375 49 days ago

I couldn't conquer my trepidation, so drove into town for my double ender.

Good thing too. While telling the boxing coach that works at the sports store there about my mate saying i'm a fat lazy bastard that won't move, she recommended a ball on a string for that as well.

Said the ball comes from behind and the side, so i'll have to move.

bags1 (resized).jpg

Gotta do a bit more work on the ball on the string, heavier string so it doesn't catch on shit. The speed bag is a blast though. Learning new things already.

#3376 49 days ago

I confess that I am much nicer to people I don't know than I am to my friends.

I further confess that I can be very productive if I am motivated, but I'm usually not.

#3377 49 days ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I am much nicer to people I don't know than I am to my friends.

Damn dude, you may be my brother from another mother.

I am guilty of taking friends for granted at times, while someone I don't know I may be nicer to see if we may become friends.

Quoted from snowy_owl:

I further confess that I can be very productive if I am motivated, but I'm usually not.

Same with me. Recently I have been motivated and productive so much it is ticking my girlfriend off.

For a while now I have had goals that I have been motivated to work toward.

For a long time I just stayed up until 2am, or 3am, and then got up at the crack of noon, or 2pm, and then took a 4 hour nap before I started over again.

I confess I have been missing those naps, but I have kept on working lately.

And after sitting in the jacuzzi last night, my back was better than it had been in months, so I just got out of there recently.

For a few weeks now, I have stayed busy 7 days a week.

Eventually I will be back to 4 hour afternoon naps. I like variety.

#3378 49 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

When my mother owned the business.

Recently I remembered my Dad and Uncle had a business that was next to 2 very busy train tracks.

I was 5 or 6 years old?

Anyway, sometimes a train would be parked there for a while, and as a kid I thought it would be cool to climb on it and stuff.

I confess I always thought that trains moved pretty slow, and I was shocked how fast this one took off while I was sitting on top of a box car.

Scared the shit out of me. By the time I made it down to the lowest point, the train was moving so fast I knew I would break some bones if I jumped off.

Luckily I did not break any bones and I only had about a mile to walk back.

And I confess that somewhere, there are a lot of flat pennies, that I also used to lay on the tracks.

(for whatever reason the penny thing on railroad tracks only seemed to work 50% of the time, like sometimes they would vibrate off before the train ran over them).

(and some train stuff, and other stuff, I would never post here or anywhere, only friends with me face to face gets those stories). (after a few Nattys of course).

Anyway, I remember when I was very young my parents griping about getting held up by trains, I always loved watching them myself.

Briefly I did a job long ago that trains were holding me up, and at first I was like my parents, but then I chilled out.

I like trains, someday I may hop on one and when it stops I will get a ride back home from a cab or something.

(I have a flip phone, and have no clue how to call uber or whatever).

Keep those stories coming LTG!

and THANKS!

#3379 49 days ago

as a kid I thought it would be cool to climb on it and stuff.

I confess I always thought that trains moved pretty slow, and I was shocked how fast this one took off while I was sitting on top of a box car.

You got lucky.

A classmate in my senior year of high school wasn't so lucky. He was run over by it.

LTG

#3380 48 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I couldn't conquer my trepidation, so drove into town for my double ender.
Good thing too. While telling the boxing coach that works at the sports store there about my mate saying i'm a fat lazy bastard that won't move, she recommended a ball on a string for that as well.
Said the ball comes from behind and the side, so i'll have to move.
[quoted image]
Gotta do a bit more work on the ball on the string, heavier string so it doesn't catch on shit. The speed bag is a blast though. Learning new things already.

Some techniques I used;
Adjust to head level. Hit, and let it smack you in the face on rebound. Gets you used to being hit.
Spin and hit with back fist.
Using both hands "Dribble" by constantly hitting.
We used one bungy cord to get way out,slow hits and return.
Two or more cords for fast hits or "Dribbling"
If you are hitting it correctly it comes straight back, not from the left or right.

#3381 48 days ago

Thanks. Put more tension on it and lowered it a little yesterday when my coach was here.

He said it's too high, should be face level.

I said "I can't remember ever fighting anyone my size or smaller, so i'll keep on reachin'. "

#3382 48 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

You got lucky.

A classmate in my senior year of high school wasn't so lucky. He was run over by it.

Except for never winning a lottery jackpot on the one ticket I buy a week I have always been pretty lucky.

A long time ago Dad owned over a 100 acres in the country, and behind that there was other vacant land, with miles and miles of old rutted logging roads.

My fiends and I would take dirt bikes there and have a blast. We never wore helmets.

One time I wrecked, and one of my friends ran over my head. I was fine, I have always been hard headed.

So far the only thing that messes me up is chainsaws, but as much as I use them, not too bad, stuff happens. But not bad at all. In my lifetime I have had 11 stitches, and could have used a few more, in maybe 20,000 hours or more using a chainsaw.

And I confess I doubt I will ever ride a bicycle again. The last time I tried, like 12 years ago?, it killed my ankles or shins or something. BUT, if I did, I would not be wearing one of those goofy looking helmets. Growing up no one was wearing that stuff, and I would not start doing it now.

I have never minded seatbelts in a auto though. Some of my friends still are not into that, but most of the time does not bother me.

I am so damn glad I did not grow up in the age of car seat crap.

Back when I was 4 or 5 Dad had a big ass car that we used to take on trips, and I would lay under the back window on the rear speaker, looking up at the sky as we traveled. (that plastic wire feel was not so comfortable, but the view was awesome).

If any kid did the things today that I did all the time growing up they would put the parents in jail.

I get it though, the population has increased big time, and more wrecks happen now than they did 45 years ago.

I have won a few awards way back when, and none was just for participating.

I have always been a bit of a smart ass, not that I try to tick anyone off, but I have a weird sense of humor sometimes.

I have never been in a real fight. I had what I would call roughing others up in the 3rd grade, but I have never seen a need to get in a fight, and I never cared to be in situations like that.

In another thread they were talking about celebrities apologizing. There are maybe 3 people from 3rd grade I would like to apologize to, other than that, I am all good.

I would like to just hop on a freight train someday, and not jump off until it stops.

I actually knew 2 people that did that and ended up in this area and stayed in this area for the rest of their life.

Not that I am looking into changing my area, and I would take a cab or plane back home, but I just think it would be fun to be a modern day hobo for a few hours, or however long the train went before it stopped again.

And, I have seen news stories of people trying to be a hobo on a airplane and freezing to death, they can have that, I would stick with a train.

#3383 48 days ago

JohnnyPinball007

Here is a different one for you.

About 1965 when my Mother had a 3.2 bar on Central Ave. N E Minneapolis ( The Driftwood Inn ) she heard there was a fortune teller in the neighborhood. Now at that time the police really cracked down on them.

We went to the house. The lady was very nervous and kept looking outside and up and down the street. She did come up with some interesting facts my Mother had never told me about. And other assorted stuff.

Later my mother asked me if I thought she was real. I asked my Mother if she was so good, why didn't she know when the next police raid would be ?

The flip side of this story. Shortly before my Mother died. She brought up that when she was a young girl, at a carnival in her town. For 5¢ a fortune teller would tell your fortune. My Mother paid her and I don't know what was all said. But she asked me if I believed in them. I told her I do believe there are people who can for tell things. But I doubt they'd advertise it or be working in a carnival. And having never met her, I didn't really have an opinion.

I asked my Mother why. And she told me that the fortune teller said she'd live to be 74 years old. That fortune teller was right. Always made me wonder what else she told my Mother.

#3384 47 days ago

LTG what's a 3.2 bar?

#3386 47 days ago

You would think you couldn’t tell the difference between 3.2 and “regular beer” but you can. Even without being told when you have one you get suspicious and look on the side and sure enough....3.2

Also I think they had some silly law until a few years back, maybe they still do, limiting how far away from downtown MPLS and on certain roads, who could apply for on sale liquor licenses. This was constructed around the beats for police......before they drove in cars.

#3387 47 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

LTG what's a 3.2 bar?

Basically beer and no liquor.

#3388 47 days ago

We used to drink this stuff at the local Seven Kitchens when we were teenagers only because it was legal to sell to anyone. No alcohol at all and tasted awful but we thought it made us look "cool" drinking it. We called it Panther Piss.

pasted_image (resized).png
#3389 47 days ago

I confess i don't really read the posts over like 2 or 3 sentences long. I don't have anything to do, i am just too lazy to do all that reading.

I would insert the "ain't nobody got time for that" gif but i am also too lazy to do that.

#3390 47 days ago

Same. Got to be a very interesting yarn for me to read more than a paragraph.

#3391 47 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Basically beer and no liquor.

got it! There's strange rules in Pa also, like beer and wine sold in stores but hard liquor sold in state stores.

#3392 47 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

got it! There's strange rules in Pa also, like beer and wine sold in stores but hard liquor sold in state stores.

Last time I was there I recall off sale you could only buy by the case of 24 or was I doing something wrong?

#3393 47 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Last time I was there I recall off sale you could only buy by the case of 24 or was I doing something wrong?

Those rules changed for beer. Used to be you could only get a case of beer at a beer distributor and six packs you can get at bars and some pizza places, but now you can buy beer in more grocery stores. Not everywhere, but it's getting better. Alcohol however, still at a state run liquor store.

#3394 47 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

JohnnyPinball007

Here is a different one for you.

Are you saying I need to see a fortune teller so that I can find out when my luck will run out?

No matter what, that was a awesome story!

I am not long tonight, but if I have not already posted it I have a great story about the time I cut a high voltage power line with a pair of bolt cutters one time. (just a lucky chain of events is the only reason I am alive now).

(and no, I was not out trying to steal copper, my Dad had a contract to demolish a building and he gave me all the scrap metal and the power was supposed to be off so I was just doing my thing at 19 years old).

I am a only child because I was so sick when I was very young.

Mom was from a family of 7 kids, and Dad from a family of 4 kids, and they thought they wanted 4-5 of their own, until I came around all sick forever.

Being sick all the time sucked. I was miserable.

But at age 12, it was finally figured out that basically I had a 3rd nut, (a large group of veins they called varicose cells or something like that, and after that surgery to remove that stuff I have been awesome!)

I was always a awesome kid, everyone that knows me from my younger years still light up when they see me, they are glad I am not sick now.

And sometimes I wonder why and how I am even alive now.

After Dad got in really bad health and I started a new business to be able to stay around and help him I thought that was my purpose and I would probably kill over not long after he passed.

I wish everyone here the BEST! I hope everyone has a awesome weekend!

#3395 47 days ago

Are you saying I need to see a fortune teller so that I can find out when my luck will run out?

No. I just posted a different kind of story.

#3396 45 days ago

I confess...

I've never used an ATM. I don't even have an ATM card. I don't even know if there is such a thing as an ATM card.

I also don't have a cell phone, which drives my wife crazy. You want to reach me? Call me at home. I kind of like not being reachable when I'm out.

Joe

#3397 45 days ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

I've never used an ATM. I don't even have an ATM card. I don't even know if there is such a thing as an ATM card.

Same here!

Quoted from joemagiera:

I also don't have a cell phone, which drives my wife crazy. You want to reach me? Call me at home. I kind of like not being reachable when I'm out.

I would have one of those around just in case you break down somewhere.

It is not like you have to give anyone the #, or be looking at it all the time.

Hell, you may even see a crime going on, and want to try to help and call some police.

You never know.

#3398 45 days ago

I just posted this in the engagement ring topic:

After about 6 months of dating my girlfriend asked if I would ever sell a pinball machine to buy her a ring.

I said hell no, these games are expensive, I can buy a ring for 20 bucks.

For our 2nd Christmas together, I thought she had been hinting that she really wanted me to get her a really good leaf blower like I have(she really enjoys doing yard work at her house), but I was not sure.

So I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, on a 300.00 limit.

She lit up and asked if she could buy a ring. I said jewelry is a total waste of money, but you can do what you want.

I even took her to a few stores. She found a ring she liked at Target.

In my case she knows at this time I have no interest in the whole formal marriage thing, and she is good with that.

Some of her family is pretty old fashioned, so I guess she wanted a ring to satisfy them for a while.

Anyway, I tried to get her to pick a ring with a fake rock and better gold, but no, she wanted a real rock.

Vid is spot on with his post. Diamonds are a total waste of money.

Also, after shopping with such a small budget, it taught my girlfriend how designer crap does not really look that much better for the cost involved.

The budget I gave her was 300.00, it briefly went to ok, I will do 340.00 if that is the one you really want, back to going with a 240.00 one she ended up liking the best.

You can spend 16 grand on a ring, you can spend 160 grand on a ring. All of that is just a waste of money in my opinion.

I only wasted 240.00. and she is happy, and I am happy.

*** here is my confession, that I did not want to post there:

I have seen first hand how she can not keep up with anything and loses stuff all the time.

Sure enough, not long after I bought the Big Buck Hunter arcade she lost her ring (at her house thankfully).

She loves that game, and knows it was pricey, so she actually went and bought another ring herself instead of bothering me.

I think she told her old fashioned family that she found her ring, but at the same time she is worried that they may find it at her house.

And I confess I am so glad that I will not deal with any kind of crap like that.

There is some old fashioned people in my family also, and I stay away from them.

Someday I may get married, or maybe I won't.

But no way I would ever spend 16 grand on a ring that at best may bring back 3 grand.

Vid was spot on with his post.

A few years ago I inherited some pricey stuff, and I found out quick what a racket the jewelry business is.

And anyway, I think it really helped my girlfriend with the fact that she did not lose some 16 grand ring, just a 240.00 one that she purchased another one herself.

I recommend anyone thinking about buying any kind of diamond stuff to just read the engagement ring topic. The info about how diamonds are really not worth anything is awesome.

I had actually heard long ago that man made diamonds are now just as good, but Debeers? or whatever that company name is begged for a few more years to get top dollar for what they still had on hand.

And I really like the tv show Gold Rush. I have seen them excited to find large nuggets, and now I get that, they get more money for the nuggets, than just the gold weight, and I think that is fine, and not a rip off.

And that old Twilight Zone episode where gold is worthless in the future was a awesome episode, but if instead they had of used diamonds in the show, it would have been spot on.

Diamonds do have some uses, like for machines that cut. (diamond saw blades). But gold has a whole lot more uses.

I hope all of you have a awesome week!

#3399 44 days ago

For a long time I made some decent money buying stuff from the post office auction just a few miles away from here, and selling the stuff on eBay or Amazon.

Then a company called govdeals.com took over and added all these fees and pain in the payment conditions, and I never bought anything else.

My friend that lives in Buffalo, NY is still in to that, and he called while ago all nice, and then wanting me to go there to take care of stuff for him because they are now assholes.

I did not like those people 10 years ago when I dealt with them, and no way would I go back.

I confess that way back when I was doing good I never told anyone about where I was getting my goods.

Now that I am totally not interested govdeals.com, post office stuff is under recovered items.

My friend has a warehouse full of stuff, and he is in his 70's now, and admitted a while back all his local friends are trying to talk him out of buying anything else.

The last real meat on the bone went away in 1999, but sometimes you would get lucky, and it was fun.

And I confess if the post office were still handling their own auctions every 2 weeks, I would be there.

But hell no, this govdeals.com and their added fees and payment method bull crap, NO!

So, if anyone here wants a new business with a slim margin, and most of the time just a gamble, check all that out.

And one time I was in St. Paul, MN, for what turned out to be their last post office auction ever, before everything just went to the Atlanta one a few miles from me.

I did real good in MN, and I had planned to keep going back there.

My friend would want to kick my ass if he knew I was posting this, but just like his other friends, we are tired of seeing him deal with all the crap now, for what little return is there.

Way back you could buy that stuff and know that you were going to make money.

Then it became like I hope I can break even, but just one rare book or whatever mixed in I may make a few bucks.

And my friend is just still hooked on that rush of seeing if anything rare is there.

I know he is not shady at all.

BUT, I would bet big time a lot of that is shady, and money laundering going on.

I have seen too much crazy stuff at auctions that made me never want to go to another one.

If you like to gamble, I just gave you all the info you need.

#3400 43 days ago

Sorry to hog this up. If you look at the numbers this post equals 10% of all posts that have been made here, that I alone have made here.

Anyway for whatever reason I was just thinking about the y2k stuff.

No one hoarded toilet paper that I remember, but a lot of people did hoard food and water.

People made fun of me. I did not buy any food or water.

I did buy 80 cases of beer, and 40 cartons of cigarettes.

I used everything I bought.

The people that made fun of me ended up either throwing away or donating a lot of what they had stockpiled.

I never have to worry about food if shit hits the fan. The pond next door that I have access to is loaded full of fish.

Plenty of rabbits, squirrels, and even some deer here.

I do prefer to just go to the store to buy food.

But no way to make my own bad habits. Yeah I could start brewing my own beer, I just stay too busy.

For a while I did help a ex girlfriend make some wine, and it was a total waste of time with how that turned out.

Or it could have been ok, I have no clue, I am not a wine drinker.

There are 3567 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 72.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside