Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 252.
    #3251 3 years ago

I confess I just looked at the favorite childhood toys topic to see if any more Phoebe Cates pics had been posted.

And I also walked all around the man cave, with a tape measure, trying to see where I could fit a game in.

And I sent a pm to Jason at Classic Game Rooms, asking about a EHOH. (sold out for now).

My girlfriend is staying away for another week, and I have not seen her in over 3 weeks, so I thought it would be funny to get the Elvira game and when she comes back out of quarantine say sorry, you was away way too long, I had to bring another female into the man cave.

And while ago I played TWD, and while my scores were not good at all, I really enjoyed it. And I did take a bright light and looked at the playfield through the glass, and all looked fine, I did not see any dust.

Because TWD has been so reliable, with no air balls getting stuck in odd places that glass has to be removed, it is in a spot that would be hard to move it around to take the glass off anyway.

BUT, that POTC, every time I turned around the game had tons of dust. I was always removing the glass to either clean it or free a stuck air ball.

Back when I was active in the POTC topics, I read a lot of comments about the dust.

All my games stay covered when not in use, so I guess the dust from that had to be all the moving parts or something.

And I confess that a couple years ago I had a email from Marco(?), about free shipping on orders over a certain amount.

And about that same time I had read how pinballs can get magnetized and needs replacing, so to save on future shipping costs, I ordered a whole lot of pinballs. (I have not needed any yet, but I have plenty if I do).

And the last thing I need to do right now is buy another game, BUT, they do hold their value pretty good, and I want to live all I can while I am alive.

On here I found a local game room that has a EHOH, and another game my girlfriend loves. I mentioned that to her and she said hell no, I am not taking any chances of catching this virus again, I am not even going to McKay anytime soon.

(McKay is a awesome place mainly in TN to get awesome deals on new and used DVD's, etc.) A fun place to shop.

It is a great time to be alive!

Now I know what hard work is, tomorrow I plan to split some firewood that I cut today, and the high will only be around 35.

BUT, after I come back in the man cave, after working outside, I can play some fun machines, or just goof off here.

I am so glad that I am alive in 2021, and not 1821, or even 1921.

Some things in life sucks, but we pretty much all have it made versus the old days.

I have not had any fast food now in a long time, but I am glad that is a option, versus having to take time to go out and hunt a animal, and spend time preparing it and cooking it.

(I did used to fish a lot, loved being out on my boat, a long time ago I got so tired of eating fish all the time the boat rarely gets used now).

Maybe I should go to the new trade topic, and trade the boat for 2 GnR CE's?

All good, I hope all of you are also all good.

#3252 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Next: LTG with a awesome story!

No idea why. I was thinking back to the girl I took to prom in about 1970. Her and her parents were from Latvia.

One memorable day. I was invited to the church for her and her older brother's confirmation. I would imagine the church where she grew up was closed under communism. So they weren't confirmed earlier.

I get to the church, and the hall leading in had a long table with bibles, hymnals, and collection plates. So I thought they collected an offering out here and not during the service. I only had $2 so I put it in the collection plate. The lady behind the table handed me a hymnal and started speaking with me. I apologized and told her I didn't understand her language, so she waved me into the church. I found a spot and sat attentively.

Well like many churches I've been in, 3/4ths of the way through the service. Here come the collection plates. CRAP. I didn't have any more money. This won't look good for the boy she likes to just pass the plate on and not put anything in it. I was in full panic. I whispered to the person next to me that I gave all my money out front, what do I do now ? Well thankfully at that precise moment there was silence in the church and pretty near everybody heard me. A man behind me tapped me on the shoulder and told me that since I already gave out front, I wasn't expected to give again.

So afterward everyone goes outside. And if you knew the people being confirmed, you gave them flowers. Well about then I sure wish someone had told me about this custom. I didn't have any. He brother's girlfriend seen me standing there all pathetic and she came over to me. Ripped her bouquet in half and tied up both bundles. So we each had something to give them. ( side note, I thanked her. I never saw her again. I always wish that if she ever needed anything. That I would gladly return the favor of her kindness and generosity )

We ain't done yet. Then on to her house. A very segregated setting. Small front room had the older married men standing around the liquor cabinet and smoking cigars. Then the main room was cleared except for long tables along two walls forming an L shape. Ladies sat behind the tables. In a pecking order I thought might be by age. Great grandmother in the corner. Grandmothers next. Then mothers. All the children were in the front room. Even her brother who was two years older than me. Apparently that is where you were until marriage ? There was a row of chairs in the main room for couples. Me and my girl sat there.

Now the long tables were filled with food. The majority of which was fish. Smoked, raw, cooked, maybe really great food. Of which I wanted no part of. So I had a dinner plate of green jello. I was hungry and needed something.

Now pretty soon the older ladies attention turned to the dummy with the plate of green jello. They were speaking in Russian or Latvian. And I figured most was about me and not in a nice way. I noticed the body language of my girl was real uncomfortable and she was fidgeting more. But probably couldn't say anything.

Well leave it to me to save the day. I finally spoke up and said, "leck mich am Arsch". ( k*ss my a** in German. ) German being darn near the national language of Europe for ten years, I figured the old ladies would understand.

INSTANT SILENCE in the house. Her father came from the entry way and placed his hand on my shoulder. I figured he was kicking me out. I got up, set my plate down. Said goodbye to the girl and followed him to the front room.

We get in the front room and I'm given a cigar and drink. I got to hang with the men. Apparently they liked that I shut the hen party up.

What a great day !

LTG : )

#3253 3 years ago

Confess i walked out of the barbers yesterday with one of those great haircuts.

A haircut where for three days you get girls winking at you and blokes saying 'looking flash mate'.

LoveItWhenThatHappensPunkin

#3254 3 years ago

I confess I am so glad I am self employed.

It is chilly here, 25, and I will take that any day over 95 with humidity.

I can put on enough clothes to stay warm, but I can not take off enough to stay cool.

I was outside all day, and even with wool socks my toes did get pretty cold, but perfect other than that.

What I am working on I have 6-8 hours worth of time to complete, and I had my clock set for 8:30, and just now I said aw hell, set it for 9:30, have 2 more Nattys, and goof off here.

I always have plenty to do, but thankfully never really a timeline to do it.

I am not lazy, I am just getting old and my knees hurt.

And I confess I am so glad the customer that I have to get up at stupid early times like 5:30 has not called lately. That work does pay good, but money is not everything. (I will not turn the work down because it is helping a friend with his business, but I hope soon he will find someone else).

I confess this pinball hobby is so awesome!

As long as you don't pick up a total crap game, you can play a machine for a long time, and when bored of it sell it, and not lose hardly anything, and sometimes you may even sell for a profit.

And I confess, and I am sure everyone here will agree, it is bull crap how so many people are just jumping in on NIB LE's, CE's, etc., and they never intend to add them to their collection at all. All they do is try to re-sale NIB for a much higher price.

Hell, I confess I feel guilty that I made a profit on the POTC SE that we had played around 1600 times.

BUT that was different. I purchased the game to play it, we played it a lot, and then when I was ready to sell it turned out it was rare and selling for more than I paid.

I confess I could never do what some of these dudes does, buy a NIB game, and never even un box it and play it for a while before selling.

(and I could goof off and say HEY, a light bulb just went off in my head, I think I will just get a warehouse and buy all this stuff and sit on it to just try to make a profit).

You know what (and to avoid possible scams also), either buy new from a distributor, or a used HUO. and let the people taking the games away that you want, to just try to flip them fast sweat it out and find something else to do.

I really think distributors could help a lot with that if they watched Pinside ads, and seen how some people they sell to are just trying to flip games here, and next time remember the customer that cried when he was told the game was sold out.

I confess I have no skin in any of that, this is just my observations.

And I confess I just lied. I said I was going to have 2 more Nattys and goof off here, I am on my way for the 3rd (maybe 10 total?)

I wish all of you the best!

(also my girlfriend is sounding better on the phone, she is still staying away and I am glad. and she just lives a 5 minute walk from here, so never very far away anyway).

#3255 3 years ago

I thought it would be funny to get the Elvira game and when she comes back out of quarantine say sorry, you was away way too long, I had to bring another female into the man cave.

Her mind is still not 100%.

I was telling the above quote to her while ago, and she kept saying "but you hate that song".

I was trying to be funny, and all she could say was I hate that song.

(maybe because for a while we had 3 music pins, so she thinks everything I pick up is a music pin)?

So I said do you know who Elvira is?

She said yes, that woman with black hair, do you want me to dye my hair black, and what does that have to do with anything, you hate that song.

(notice all she said was Elvira has black hair, and I hate that song). (no mention of other features).

I confess Elvira has nothing that makes my girl even think twice.

And all that is good, but I never cared.

I am a leg man.

I love the way a pair of beautiful legs can just go on forever and ever until they get really high up and make a ass of themselves.

I confess, I hope my girl never reads this, but while her legs are not that great, she has the best personality I have ever known.

(I constantly tell her that her legs are nice). (I hope my nose does not grow).

Personality is what matters most.

But, a very bad nose, chin, and too much to name can be a killer.

My girl has a nice nose and chin and other things, and she is close enough to perfect for me.

I do wish she would wear shorts in the summer though, but no, she hides those legs.

I have always been a leg man, and she hides hers, and that is ok. She is awesome and I miss her.

Some people have just never understood me. I say I am a leg man.

They say hey, you are a ass man.

No, I like those also, but I am a leg man.

(and posts like this I am trying to be funny and entertain).

I am the same way if we ever meet face to face and I am having a beer.

I can just have a serious look on my face and make a wise crack about something, and anyone that knows me gets it instantly.

I confess I will never, ever, try to start a fight or even try to tick anyone off.

I am very easy going with just enough out there humor that anyone that is too PC will never get it.

And what year did all this PC bs start anyway?

For some reason I am thinking maybe around 2002?

I grew up just saying what was on my mind.

At some point I had to start biting my tongue, and I can not remember what year that all started.

I am never mean on purpose, but come on, some things are just so stupid you want to say something, but you can not anymore.

I love Pinside and I am so glad that political talk and religious talk is a no-no.

When I read a comment that is out there, I just roll my eyes, and I scroll on down and read more.

I have never left a down vote, and I never will.

I believe we all have a right to our own opinion, and so I do respect all.

(now in the back of my mind I may think this dumbass is way out of bounds), but hey, we are all different, and makes fun conversation when talking with normal people about stuff I have read.

(and I am just joking)! (well, not joking about the fact that I love my girlfriend and pinside).

#3256 3 years ago

i confess I've been moderated more in the last 2 weeks than in the last 10 years.

#3257 3 years ago

Elvira... giddy up a boom bop a boom bop a bow wow

#3258 3 years ago

Had a trade setup for my mystery castle. It had been listed at 8k, because 8k is more than it is worth to me. Ad was up for less than a day before people think I am nuts. I had multiple offers. Guy offers a huo ACNC and 1400 cash. Can't meet for 2 weeks. He asks for pics and gets all he asks for and more.

After a week, guy decides he wants to make it an even trade, because my MC is not perfect and his game is huo. Thinks I should be ok with suddenly taking 1400 cash off the table. I say no, he says he will think about it. After a day I tell him even he changes his mind, I don't want to deal with someone who goes back on their word. Who wants to spend 8 hours driving with someone who makes agreements and breaks them. He tried to counter with his game and 500, told him to pound sand.

Confessing I am keeping the game. Had a 7k cash offer. Had someone who wanted to be in the 6's. This is just from having the game up for a few hours before marking it pending. Think it is a stupid amount of money, but on the flipside stargazer, cyclopes, joust, etc all pull stupid money. The main thing they have in common is you cannot buy them. If this goes, won't see another. So, confess to sitting on something that I don't think its worth what it goes for anymore.

#3259 3 years ago

I either need a new mouse for the computer, or a new finger.

For a while now every time I try to click upvote, it goes green, and then yellow saying upvote removed.

(and it does it if I am not having any beer, so that is not the problem).

Also, we need to get more NASA scientists hooked on pinball. Hell, they can land this stuff on Mars, so I am sure they could figure out how to make playfields perfect. (with no pooling and all that).

Last night I did ok on Oktoberfest, tonight just blah.

Talking to my girlfriend on the phone, oh she misses me, can't wait to see me, and hold on a minute (cough, cough, cough).

Baby, you are still coughing a lot, I think you need to stay at your house a little longer.

(I know I am all over the place, I don't make many posts, I just make a few long ones).

So anyway the lights on the lock down bar of the baseball game went out while ago, but it still works 100%, so no real big deal.

One tiny thing in Oktoberfest has never worked, and no big deal.

When that minor stuff happens I do check to see if something minor, but, I confess I pretty much make a note about it, and eventually have a pro come in and fix everything.

That dude is like 120 a hour, and he is good, and he is fast, so I try to wait to call him until I have at least a hour of work for him.

And this DISH TV gets on my nerves. So far I have had zero issues with the picture when the weather is bad, but late at night, just going to the other room for another beer the TV is frozen with their update crap.

Every time I turn around my computer is also messed up with update crap.

Computer update crap is the worst, new tool bars and crap that is nothing more than a advertisement for something.

Luckily I have not had a problem with any pop up ads, I know if I get those it is time for a new computer.

And I should not post this, but the password for all my stuff is BR-549. (and that is totally a joke, and will waste any crooks time).

And I confess I am very paranoid about my computer even being online, my girlfriend makes fun of me about it.

The minute I am done with the computer I unplug the connection.

I have heard about peoples computers being hijacked and used in scams, so I figure if mine has one of those bugs, no way it will work if I have it unplugged.

A few years ago my lawyer, and also one of my friends computers got hijacked or something and I was getting these emails from them about help, I am in another country and my wallet was stolen (something like that), they all laughed about it and said many people had checked in to see if they are ok and they were ok, and not even in another country.

Most of these scammers and identity thieves are very talented, it is a real shame that they choose to use that talent to try to hurt other people.

And just a few days ago 60 minutes had a report about even a brand new smart phone, or computer, is already infected.

I confess I am very paranoid these days, and I try to stay as careful as I can.

I even get bs messages from time to time about my Dad. Dad has been dead for a while now, and 30 years ago he did go bankrupt, and all was settled, but these scammers are so good, they find that stuff and then try to bring it up again, and they call from other states, and no, it was all local, Dad never went to Dallas, TX, or any of those places.

When the scammers leave a message, they all have either a deep voice(ones coming from the states, or gibberish I can not even understand, if coming from India or wherever). And they all talk fast and short and all you can understand is that we need to speak with you as soon as possible, case # blah, blah, blah.

And to each his own, but the bs I put up with I would never even try to connect my Golden Tee, or Big Buck Hunter to the internet, anything that is connected is prone to getting messed up by these assholes with nothing better to do.

And I have not watched local news lately much, but for a while there have been a whole lot of problems at gas stations locally, most of the time women pumping gas and someone jumps in their car and takes their purse, and sometimes they just jump in and take the car.

And before that credit card skimmers being used at gas pumps and ATM's.

ENOUGH ALREADY! I am sick of this crap, it has been going on for way too long now.

At least the "car warranty" bs has let up a tad now, that got old very fast.

Also, some other crap about like the car warranty, but instead a cheaper rate on your credit card. I never carry a balance, so that was also bs.

I live next to a pond. Someday my computer and phone may get thrown into that pond, so I can just live a happy life without all the bs scammer stuff.

#3260 3 years ago

just going to the other room for another beer the TV is frozen with their update crap.

Be sure to disable the internal camera on your tv and disable/cover the camera on your computer. Also turn off the microphone unless you are crazy and use alexa.
    A famous photo of Zuckerberg has him at his desk and shows a small piece of tape over the camera. Even he knows its not safe.
    After updates check to see if it was turned back on, this happens a lot.

#3261 3 years ago

Chip Foose is overrated

#3262 3 years ago

I own two each dots. One I used to keep downstairs in the kitchen and the other is in the bedroom. Bedroom one I still use as an alarm clock and to turn lights off check outside temp etc. I’ve since unplugged the one downstairs it doesn’t need to hear my conversations or TV habits but it’s not like my conversations are anything exciting it’s just keeping the “powers” out of my life. Maybe I’ll relocate it to the basement and it can listen to my pinballs turned up all the way.

#3263 3 years ago

And I should not post this, but the password for all my stuff is BR-549. (and that is totally a joke, and will waste any crooks time).

I confess I know where JohnnyPinball got his password from.

#3264 3 years ago

That Mans' salary from Hee Haw was invested by his Sister to start Cookout Drive Thru.
    At least thats the Legend, never verified it.
    Cookout is the best fast food in NC.

#3265 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

That Mans' salary from Hee Haw

My uncle won some of that mans salary a long time ago on a deep sea fishing trip playing poker. He loves to tell that story, the cards just always came his way that night.

I never cared for Hee-Haw, but my parents loved it. Yeah I was like 4 years old and they had me in those damn Hee-Haw overalls or whatever they are called.

I have not seen one of those shows in at least 45 years, and all I can remember was the BR-549, some other cheesy attempt at comedy, and from what I remember they did have cute girls wearing short-shorts.

My Mom was raised on a farm, and as a kid I went there and helped pick the veggies in the summer.

No running water, no bathroom, not even a out house for some stupid reason, everyone just went behind the chicken house or garage or whatever else.

I remember drawing well water up with the bucket and rope, and sitting in the den next to the fireplace in a tub getting a bath when I was like 4.

Grand Dad made some awesome muscadine wine though, I would love to have some more of that.

Mom graduated school with Ernie Elliot, Bill was a little younger.

I am not into NASCAR, but Mom watches it all the time and talks with her sisters about how well Chase Elliot is doing now.

I confess I do like just a tad of older country music, and anytime I hear that song If That Ain't Country, I think about the way my Mom grew up.

Mom is in her 70's, and she is cool. She used to love playing the AC/DC pin, before her eyes started getting messed up.

Now when she is around she loves the pitch and bat I picked up recently, says it is the best game I have ever picked up.

Anyway, when I am on the phone with my girlfriend, she keeps saying she is bored, misses me, and misses playing Big Buck Hunter, and yeah, I know she is mostly missing that game.

She is still coughing, and can not taste much, and keeps hinting about coming over Monday night for the Monday night burgers, and play Big Buck Hunter, and we can keep some space.

My reaction: Hell No!

As long as you are still not 100% don't even put me at risk.

I am trying to stay as careful as I can.

In the last 11 months I have had about as much alcohol on my hands, as I have had in my stomach.

And I confess I love it right where I am, in the suburbs, city not far away, and country not far away, and I could never handle life in the city, or in the country. (mainly because I am the end of a dead end street, with a neighbors pond on one side, and woods that belongs to a church on another street on the other side.

(I could not live in one of those suburb neighborhoods where the houses are 5 feet apart).

If for any reason I ever had to move, I would move to the country and have some land, and some space, no way I could handle a crowded subdivision.

To each his own, we are all different.

Stay safe, I wish all of you the best!

#3266 3 years ago

My uncle won some of that mans salary a long time ago on a deep sea fishing trip playing poker. He loves to tell that story, the cards just always came his way that night.
    I never cared for Hee-Haw, but my parents loved it. Yeah I was like 4 years old and they had me in those damn Hee-Haw overalls or whatever they are called.
    I have not seen one of those shows in at least 45 years, and all I can remember was the BR-549, some other cheesy attempt at comedy, and from what I remember they did have cute girls wearing short-shorts.
    My Mom was raised on a farm, and as a kid I went there and helped pick the veggies in the summer.
    No running water, no bathroom, not even a out house for some stupid reason, everyone just went behind the chicken house or garage or whatever else.
    I remember drawing well water up with the bucket and rope, and sitting in the den next to the fireplace in a tub getting a bath when I was like 4.
    Grand Dad made some awesome muscadine wine though, I would love to have some more of that.
    Mom graduated school with Ernie Elliot, Bill was a little younger.
    I am not into NASCAR, but Mom watches it all the time and talks with her sisters about how well Chase Elliot is doing now.
    I confess I do like just a tad of older country music, and anytime I hear that song If That Ain't Country, I think about the way my Mom grew up.
    Mom is in her 70's, and she is cool. She used to love playing the AC/DC pin, before her eyes started getting messed up.
    Now when she is around she loves the pitch and bat I picked up recently, says it is the best game I have ever picked up.
    Anyway, when I am on the phone with my girlfriend, she keeps saying she is bored, misses me, and misses playing Big Buck Hunter, and yeah, I know she is mostly missing that game.
    She is still coughing, and can not taste much, and keeps hinting about coming over Monday night for the Monday night burgers, and play Big Buck Hunter, and we can keep some space.
    My reaction: Hell No!
    As long as you are still not 100% don't even put me at risk.
    I am trying to stay as careful as I can.
    In the last 11 months I have had about as much alcohol on my hands, as I have had in my stomach.
    And I confess I love it right where I am, in the suburbs, city not far away, and country not far away, and I could never handle life in the city, or in the country. (mainly because I am the end of a dead end street, with a neighbors pond on one side, and woods that belongs to a church on another street on the other side.
    (I could not live in one of those suburb neighborhoods where the houses are 5 feet apart).
    If for any reason I ever had to move, I would move to the country and have some land, and some space, no way I could handle a crowded subdivision.
    To each his own, we are all different.
    Stay safe, I wish all of you the best!

What are you drinking tonight?

#3267 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Just Natty.

#3268 3 years ago

I confess this Natty Cake looks delicious

rare-31 (resized).jpgrare-31 (resized).jpg
    #3269 3 years ago

What a sad 21st.

One slice of cake gone and one cup used.

EvenI'veGotMoreFriendsThanThatPunkin

#3270 3 years ago

I confess that i look at the gnr ce thread and i think:
    .damn those rich guys
    .damn i should have worked harder
    .damn this hobby has an angle i never really saw before

#3271 3 years ago
    Quoted from trueno92:

I confess that i look at the gnr ce thread and i think:
    .damn those rich guys
    .damn i should have worked harder
    .damn this hobby has an angle i never really saw before

You can't get into the CE cliques just by being rich or working hard. You have to make friends with a distributor and other local ce/le guys and be someone they want to offer a CE spot to.
    The cliques are all incestuous here in Australia at least, they only really offer the machines HUO to each other and the special ones are traded back and forth within the group.

Plus you need to have the inside scoop as the distributors take preorders before the games are announced which i think is wrong.

I could afford a CE, but like a lot of people here, i missed out on the handful that came to Australia.

Got offered an Elvira CE the other week out of one of the groups. At $32kau i had to pass.

#3272 3 years ago

I’m a pack rat

36424E18-B803-40CD-A523-9DC3A7BA5917.jpeg36424E18-B803-40CD-A523-9DC3A7BA5917.jpeg
    #3273 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I’m a pack rat

I think I have you beat by a lot when it comes to fishing rods. Long ago after buying the boat, every time I was at Bass Pro or Wal-Mart they would always have some new ones in that I liked better than what I had, and they would be like 12.88 so I would grab 5 more.

And I confess, when I fish I normally use at least 6 poles at a time, unless the fish bite fast enough that I can not get that many in the water. (I tie all of them to the boat with rope, except the ones in the rod holders).

I have never been into bass fishing with lures and all that, I like to use minnows and a whole lot of poles at all different depths. Saltwater fishing I like shrimp or cut bait to fish with. (shrimp is best, because if I have any left over I cook and eat myself).

#3274 3 years ago

My confession for today:

I’m overjoyed when the parts even out. Playfield swap and there were no screws/parts left over. I didn’t come short either!

#3275 3 years ago

I confess that I’m starting my first playfield swap soon and even though it’s only a classic Stern, I’m 100% sure that I’m going to fuck it up and I’ll still be doing it in 2022.

#3276 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I confess that I’m starting my first playfield swap soon and even though it’s only a classic Stern, I’m 100% sure that I’m going to fuck it up and I’ll still be doing it in 2022.

What game?

#3277 3 years ago

Meteor. I’m imagining being in drop target hell.

#3278 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Meteor. I’m imagining being in drop target hell.

You’ll be a master at them. What is there, about 15 or 16 of them?

#3279 3 years ago

I confess I was wrong about that. I had not heard that story in probably over 35 years and I could not remember.

I called my uncle while ago and asked him. Ok, it was a 2 day deep sea fishing trip at Panama City Beach on a party boat.

Junior Samples was not there, but his 2 sons were, and they stayed sick most of the time, and my uncle kept messing with them acting like he was sick, and they said will you please stop doing that to us. My uncle said everyone else was having a good time laughing about it, and he was just drinking and goofing off.

Anyway, the card game. The Samples boys were not in it.

My uncle said some hot shots started running their mouths that they was going to start a card game, and they were pro's, and they advised not to get in the game with them unless you are prepared to lose your money.

My uncle was drinking, and said I am not afraid of you, I am in.

My uncle went on to win 38 hands in a row, this was in the early 1970's, and he won 3500.00 that night.

I am so glad that I called my uncle and asked him about all that, he lit up and enjoyed telling that story and he was laughing and in a great mood.

All I could remember was my uncle being very lucky at poker on a fishing trip, and the name Junior Samples, I did not recall anything about it being Samples sons instead on the boat.

Quoted from EJS:

I confess this Natty Cake looks delicious

It looks awesome, but I confess I am not a cake person. I always preferred the cookie cakes, my favorite was always the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie ones. But seems like for over 30 years now they are nowhere to be found, only the chocolate chip ones. I miss those, I would love to have one, but they just mess my blood sugar up way too much.

I wish I could have some Krispy Krème donuts, I crave them, but they mess my blood sugar up so bad they almost cause me to pass out.

And yeah, not really supposed to have alcohol with low sugar or diverticulitis, but that is a good thing about Natty, it does not contain that much really. (and I have only been having around 10 lately).

Quoted from Daditude:

I have just been relaxed and in a great mood lately, and just having Natty, and actually a lot less than I was for a while.

(also helps that so far this year I have only had to be up at 5am 3 times). (they have asked me to help them more, and I said well, my girlfriend is sick so you may not want to get around me, I am not feeling well myself).

I joke all the time anymore when someone asks how I am feeling. I say I feel fine unless Eric calls me wanting me to get up at 5am to help him on a jobsite.

I keep saying I will tell Eric to find someone else to help him on jobs, I am retired, but these damn games get more and more expensive, so I keep working a little.

I worked a whole lot of hours when I was younger, so that I could be able to pick and choose what I do now. (not bragging, like 80 hours to over 100 hours a week for many years when I was young and could handle it). (mostly operating excavators for myself or Dad installing underground utilities sometimes 30 feet deep).

I am not rich, I do not live in a mansion, I do not have a home theater, and I do not need any of that.

I love my house, and it is not that big, but it is way more than I need.

I love Pinside, and everyone so far that I have met in person have been awesome!

Cheers!

#3280 3 years ago

I think I have you beat by a lot when it comes to fishing rods. Long ago after buying the boat, every time I was at Bass Pro or Wal-Mart they would always have some new ones in that I liked better than what I had, and they would be like 12.88 so I would grab 5 more.
    And I confess, when I fish I normally use at least 6 poles at a time, unless the fish bite fast enough that I can not get that many in the water. (I tie all of them to the boat with rope, except the ones in the rod holders).
    I have never been into bass fishing with lures and all that, I like to use minnows and a whole lot of poles at all different depths. Saltwater fishing I like shrimp or cut bait to fish with. (shrimp is best, because if I have any left over I cook and eat myself).

Congrats Johnny, you have made a post at the limit of my attention span and i read it to the end like i do with your short posts.

Perfect size to get a story across!

As far as fishing gear goes, i learn't a long time ago to buy good and buy once.

I have some really nice gear, custom rods and top end reels and instead of having 50, i have 6 or 7 real nice ones and about the same in workhorse 'good' quality gear like Abu 7000's and Calcutta's.

My nice gear is Stella's and Saltiga's

rods1 (resized).jpgrods1 (resized).jpg

#3281 3 years ago

I miss my friend. He was better human being than all of us. He would post something and get a lot of downvotes. I would post something worst and get half that it would bug him. That’s how he rolled! Miss you whodey. I will see you on the other side.

#3282 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Miss you whodey.

I miss him big time also. I think he was serious about soon coming to my house and trying some games he was interested in. I was looking forward to meeting him in person.

And I confess I was thinking about starting a topic about Jaybird. You have to watch him. He is very cool, laid back, fun to be around, BUT, he will tell you he is not great at a certain machine, and then beat the crap out of your scores.

And I am goofing off, I don't care if someone beats my scores, I am glad when someone cool stops by and has some fun.

BUT, like I told him, do not even play the sky slide tent on Oktoberfest, it is the last high score my girlfriend has on that game, and she would be pissed if her name was no longer there.

Jay is very cool, he travels a lot and he tries to meet as many members here as he can.

I do hope when I get up to MN to meet several Pinsiders. I will post when I will be hanging around LTG's awesome game room, and I hope a few people will get with me and invite me to check out their games.

And I think I have said this before, but if you are passing through my area, and want to stop by and play some machines, send me a pm, to see if I will be around. This applies to maybe 30-40 members now, that I read comments from and can tell they are like me and laid back and goofing off having fun here.

I do not live in a mansion, I do not have a fancy game room, but I do have a cool laid back place to hang out. (I bring that up because of the "show us your game room" topic), holy crap there are a lot of people here with a boat load of money.

Anyway, Thanks Robin! For starting up such a awesome site!

And maybe LTG will remember another funny story?

I confess I wish I could just be funny, but I am still in a bit of a daze after recently I did not know if my girlfriend was going to survive or not.

She did! And hopefully I will see her soon, she has still been staying quarantined.

#3283 3 years ago

I hope a few people will get with me and invite me to check out their games.

If you are ever in the SF Bay Area you are welcome to stop by.

#3284 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

If you are ever in the SF Bay Area you are welcome to stop by.

Thank You!, and likewise!

Some day I would like to visit the Six Flags near you again, and maybe there is something in my area that you would like to visit, and having friends with games to visit on any road trip is just awesome.

I love Pinside, we are all friends, but we have just not had a chance to meet in person yet.

#3285 3 years ago

I miss him big time also. I think he was serious about soon coming to my house and trying some games he was interested in. I was looking forward to meeting him in person.
    And I confess I was thinking about starting a topic about Jaybird. You have to watch him. He is very cool, laid back, fun to be around, BUT, he will tell you he is not great at a certain machine, and then beat the crap out of your scores.
    And I am goofing off, I don't care if someone beats my scores, I am glad when someone cool stops by and has some fun.
    BUT, like I told him, do not even play the sky slide tent on Oktoberfest, it is the last high score my girlfriend has on that game, and she would be pissed if her name was no longer there.
    Jay is very cool, he travels a lot and he tries to meet as many members here as he can.
    I do hope when I get up to MN to meet several Pinsiders. I will post when I will be hanging around LTG's awesome game room, and I hope a few people will get with me and invite me to check out their games.
    And I think I have said this before, but if you are passing through my area, and want to stop by and play some machines, send me a pm, to see if I will be around. This applies to maybe 30-40 members now, that I read comments from and can tell they are like me and laid back and goofing off having fun here.
    I do not live in a mansion, I do not have a fancy game room, but I do have a cool laid back place to hang out. (I bring that up because of the "show us your game room" topic), holy crap there are a lot of people here with a boat load of money.
    Anyway, Thanks Robin! For starting up such a awesome site!
    I confess I wish I could just be funny, but I am still in a bit of a daze after recently I did not know if my girlfriend was going to survive or not.
    She did! And hopefully I will see her soon, she has still been staying quarantined.

Lol, It was an honor to drink some Nattys with Johnny. Great guy!

#3286 3 years ago

The concert thread got me thinking of the Rolling Stones November 29th 1989 at the Metrodome in Minneapolis. They also played there the next night.

I've always enjoyed concerts. And what goes on at them. This particular night started off with a group of people claiming we were in their seats. We compared tickets. They were a day early. And were from Canada.

One of the girls panics and wondering what to do including talking to security about it. I told the guys to forget that. They'd get thrown out and might lose the tickets. And they couldn't stay in town another day. I told them that when the concert started to find some empty seats and sit down and enjoy the show. Later one of the guys came and told me they found seats ? I'm thinking what the F do I care ?

Now being it was cold outside. Some younger people drove there and were drinking in the nice warm car on the way there. Then walked in the cold to the stadium. Got inside where it was nice and warm. The first note from the concert started and one of the girls did a power puke. They got most of it into a huge beer cup and hauled her out. They set the cup down in the aisle. Which became a big tourist attraction. Everybody stopped to admire it.

March 14th 1976 I was at a Who concert at the St. Paul Civic Center. I had my Chevy Blazer then. Parked in a lot on a hill a little northwest of the center.

After the concert we ran to my blazer to beat the 5 lanes of traffic coming from the center and merging into one lane to get out onto 94 to head back to Minneapolis.

Now the parking lot put a row of cars close behind me. I could back up, but not enough to work my way out. There was a telephone pole laid out in front of my vehicle. I'm watching all these cars getting closer and closer.

I didn't want to sit there until all the cars came by and the ones behind me left. So I floored it. Went across the telephone pole. Got hung up on it and dragged it out into the street. I couldn't get off it. Now all the 5 lanes of cars are starting to pile up and honking etc. etc. I told everyone inside my blazer to pile over to the passenger side. That was enough to get me traction and off i went. With the telephone pole still blocking all the traffic.

One of my friends said I should go back and move it. I told him I'd take him back and drop him off. There is going to be thousands of pissed people stuck there and I wasn't going to find out what they'd do. He shut up. And we high tailed it out 94 and headed home.

#3287 3 years ago

Years ago when the comedian Gallagher was gaining popularity. His first appearance in the Twin Cities was at Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis.

Orchestra hall is an elite very fancy venue for orchestra type stuff. I wondered who booked this and did they know what they were in for ?

We were about 23 rows back on the left. Just outside of watermelon spray range. The first 20 rows were wrapped in plastic.

We were early and watching the people come in and find their seats. Now I'm thinking people probably have season tickets or something to every performance there. Because men and women were coming in wearing tuxes and evening gowns.

The people that were dressed up started noticing the people around them. Wearing raincoats, rain hats, and goggles. They stayed seated, no clue what was going to happen.

The show starts. Lots of good humor, good fun. Awhile later here comes a stump, and Gallagher toting a wood handle with a small log on the end. He starts his Sledge - O - Matic speel.

Then he sets a watermelon on the stump. And demonstrates the Sledge - O - Matic.

Instantly all the people dressed up run for the hills. Seeing them scurrying across the seats and up the aisles was as funny as the show. I always wondered what Gallagher thought when he first saw them, and then seeing them trying to escape.

Sadly Gallagher never appeared there again. His next visit to the area was at the Orpheum Theater on Hennepin Avenue in Minneapolis.

#3288 3 years ago

In June of 1979, Cheap Trick was beginning to be big and were headlining at the memorial center in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. The crowd would not leave, cheering like crazy, they came out for 4 encores, we still didn't leave, finally they came out and Robin Zander tells the crowd " we've played all our songs so here's one from our bar band days, and please go home after this"! They played I'm eighteen by Alice Cooper. I was 15. Great memory.

#3289 3 years ago

I loved that dude! I just Googled and he is alive and well after some prior heart attacks.

Quote: He now resides in the town of Marion, Ohio.

I never seen him live, just on cable, but a friend used to go to all his shows in Atlanta, and he said that when you entered, they told you, go to the restroom before the show starts, if you get up during his show he loses his train of thought, and he will just walk off stage for a while.

Thanks for bringing that up LTG!

Somewhere around that time they performed at the Six Flags 5 miles away from me. I was around 10.

I have always loved their music, and Six Flags that time is all I can remember, I was very young, not tall enough to see them on stage, and right in front of me the whole time was this bad ass dude, looked like the Rock or something, had to have weighed 280 pounds, and every ounce of that was muscle, and he stood there the whole time, never moved, while this cute chick that probably weighed 95 pounds soaking wet was hanging all over him dancing.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol, It was an honor to drink some Nattys with Johnny. Great guy!

Likewise big time!

Jay is laid back, cool, and just seems like your brother from another mother.

I confess, I did not want my girlfriend to know I had company, she would freak out me having anyone around, after she was close to death, and she had tried to stay so careful.

So for Jay to keep playing pins, I was going to call her from outside, so that she could not hear pins being played.

Before I went outside, Jay already knew where the Nattys were, and I showed him where everything else was, and told him to make himself at home.

Jay travels a lot and tries to meet all the Pinsiders he can, if he knocks on your door, let him in, he is cool!

As far as my girlfriend, 5 days in the hospital, I was afraid I would lose her, it did not look good for a while, and after another week staying isolated at her house, and feeling better now, just 2 days ago she got a test, and it was negative.

SO NOW, here we go again: "are you going to play Big Buck Hunter with me or not"?

It is a very awesome game, and I enjoy it, but damn she is hooked on that game so bad, and I can not play it for hours like she does.

It is so funny how all that Big Buck stuff started. I found the thread on here, got interested in it, started researching, told her I was thinking about getting one, and she said "oh no, no way I could shoot cute animals".

I told her you can also shoot Zombies on this game, and she said ok, sounds like fun.

Yeah, after a few hours of killing Zombies and we tried the first animal hunt, she is ready to even shoot a poor bunny rabbit that happens to wander along during the game.

My girlfriend used to be so nice and warm, now she is a female Rambo, ready to kill anything, and is now programed to kill, and that is all she knows now.

I still want to play some more Zombie and Terminator, and they do wear you out, but now she is after wabbit, like Elmer Fudd.

And while I may come off as complaining, NO! I am happy she is having so much fun and loves this game.

I love it also, I love all the games we have, but I am just done after a while, and she keeps going and going.

Trust me, if you have a location that brings in a lot of females, get a Big Buck Hunter for it. (not sure if they are all the same, but I do know my girlfriend would be dropping a lot of money in one if I did not have this game).

Oh, and when Jay was over, I told him I do not care if you beat my scores, but do not even play the Sky Slide tent on Oktoberfest, because that is all she has on there, and she will get pissed if her name goes away.

(and reminds me)

And man, that was one thing about it, this was hard. First time I have ever dealt with this.

Back when I thought she was not going to make it, I made up my mind that I would never beat any of her high scores, I wanted her name to live on in my games.

If she was just someone that I wanted to get away from, like I did in the past with other girlfriends that I no longer want to see them, and if they had their names on any of my games I would be motivated to try to set the games back to factory, or keep playing until their name was off my game.

But no, I had made up my mind that if I lost her, her scores would always be there.

Sad to think about.

And sucks that a while back I beat my best friends score on TWD, and after he passed I would love it if he still was on there, but it was all sudden, who could have known.

And I am curious about the Who-Dey games. Does the new owners plan to never beat his high score to keep a part of him alive?

Right before my girl got sick she made high score on big horn sheep on BBH.

While she was in the hospital, and could barely talk, she kept telling me to go play the game and beat her score.

I think that talk was just because she pitched so much of a fit back when I beat all her scores on the AC/DC pin and she was very ticked for a while, and she has brought that up a lot.

Recently she said again, "you only left my high score for that one crappy song that you never play anyway".

Man I confess she is AWESOME!

I confess I am a dick.

BUT not normally, normally like Jay said, I am ok.

What happens is I am self employed, with a lot going on, and at the exact same time I have a problem come up is the exact same time she asks me a question that I ignore, because I am still working out other things in my mind.

When Jay stopped by it was perfect timing and all was awesome and we had a great time.

For whatever reason, my girl is always awesome but timing is off and I can not be so awesome.

I have no clue how to fix the issue of timing, not sure a fix exists.

My girl means the world to me, but I catch myself being cold after she brings it up, and I have no clue why I do that.

My mind is just always all over the place, and I make notes about what I need to take care of.

And I confess I am sorry for another long post.

And I hope soon I can be funny again.

I am so glad my girl survived, but all of that I have not gotten over yet, all those thoughts and stuff.

Part of me is just still dead. The part that used to be witty and funny... in my own mind anyway.

(did they change the Natty from making us feel awesome to making us still feel sad)?

#3290 3 years ago

I confess when watching a youtube pinball video and the guy says" I'm filming with one hand" it causes undue stress and consternation.
    Is he going to hit it? He missed it!
    No, not another one of these. Yep, only one handed play.

You may return to your norm.

#3291 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I confess when watching a youtube pinball video and the guy says" I'm filming with one hand" it causes undue stress and consternation.
    Is he going to hit it? He missed it!
    No, not another one of these. Yep, only one handed play.
    You may return to your norm.

Just did it myself as a i packed Orbitor1 up for a guy.

orbitor1 (resized).jpgorbitor1 (resized).jpg

True confession, i'm really sad to see this machine go. It's completely beautiful, unlike any other pinball machine ever made, and quite rare. This is a great numbers matching example too.
    The strange thing is that i never played it. once you've had a couple games you know what to expect and it holds no interest.

My real confession is that this is probably the first sign i've ever recognized that i have hoarder tendencies.

My landlord is a hoarder and can't throw an empty box out. I've always made fun of him about it.

Maybe it's because for the first time ever i've been a collector (besides records and books of course)?

GunnaHaveToKeepAnEyeOnThisPunkin

#3292 3 years ago

I confess that I do not write books here on purpose, it just kind of happens like this:

Step 1. Have a few Nattys and think about a whole lot of things I want to post here.

Step 2. Start typing.

Step 3.

(step 3 was supposed to be hit the "send post" button every so often to make shorter posts).

I also confess when I wake up at around the crack of noon after a late night here that I say crap, I did it again, I wrote a book on Pinside, and I ain't even going to read all that to see what I actually typed.

#3293 3 years ago

So while ago I played 4 hunting games with my girl. (and some pitch and bat).

At one point she commented damn, I thought I was good, and then when you play with me I see I am not so good.

I told her that back when I did not think she would survive that I planned to never beat any of her high scores, I wanted her name in the games forever.

She said well, you are kicking my ass now, I said yeah, you survived, you are fair game now.

She was like ok, had I died, you would have taken it easy, but now that I am ok you are playing harder than ever.

YEP!

(I confess that I did not play as hard on the games that she does have the high score on, and made 2nd place, and she did not realize it). (I only made new high scores on the games that I already had the high score).

And it really sucks but the hospital had told her that they thought she may have had a mini stroke, and after watching her play I think she may have, seems like she can not see as well or something as she used to.

I am just so glad to have her back, and if she wants to play a game for 4 hours I will try to keep up with her.

We both agreed that with all the virus stuff going on and we never go anywhere anymore, it has been awesome to have so much to enjoy here.

I am ready to go to a game room as soon as she is, one that has all the JJP games and is in MN.

And sorry, I did it again, I made a long post.

Damn those Nattys cause me to forget about that "send post" button.

#3294 3 years ago

The troll in RCT doesn't bother me.
    I like how the ball goes around the track on nascar.
    I don't get Tron but if it had a troll that went around the playfield I would buy it.

#3295 3 years ago

I confess that I stayed up way too late again, and I will feel it at the crack of noon.

Getting old sucks!

#3296 3 years ago

The little bent wire that links the actuator coil to the outlane gate on my Duotron broke a while back. After a quick look for a replacement, I salvaged the pieces, figured out how it went, and bent up a replacement using a paperclip.

#3297 3 years ago

Walked past my mates tank and it smells like snake shit. Looks like i have a job to do this morning after coffee.

#3298 3 years ago

They don't make anything that lasts anymore.

My 1991 GMC 4X4 only got 17 years and 340,000 out of it before everything on it was shot. I still need to write a letter to GMC about that.

Then in the late 1960's. In downtown Minneapolis somebody had the bright idea to hand out new shovels ( 2 foot wide blue aluminum shovel with a steel scraper on the lower edge, nice wood handle ) and ice shoppers to the bums so they could go earn some money or do some good clearing the sidewalks.

The first bum that came by my fathers arcade. I bought the shovel and ice chopper off him for $2.00. He went off to get a bottle of wine.

Well don't you know. 50 years later the steel scraper was worn to shreds, so I had to buy a new one this week. And no bums out here so I could score a deal. Cost $31.00 to replace it with a similar unit.

LTG : (
    Disclaimer : Weep not for the snow shovel. I tossed it in the dumpster at the end of the building. Someone from the restaurant fished it out and it's by their back door. It's service to the community continues.

#3299 3 years ago

Thank you Johnny. Yeah I would like to meet most of people in this thread. Jay bird is for sure a person I would like to meet. LTG and snowy owl. Then would like to meet all the whodey haters and give them round house kick to face! Whodey style!

#3300 3 years ago

I’m rewatching Deadwood, and my wife is getting tired of me calling everything and everyone c*nts and c*cksuckers.

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.