Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 252.
    #3201 3 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

Maybe you should start a "snakes rule" thread?

I was thinking that same thing today. I would love to learn more about snakes.

Quoted from Slugmeister:

I cannot understand how anyone can just kill something

Parenting. I was brought up that all snakes are bad. I know better now.

Quoted from phil-lee:

a Moccasin will challenge you,

Bingo! Through the years there have been many of those at the pond next door. If this was way out in the country it would be one thing, but this is a populated area with a lot of small kids that sneak over to the pond.

Quoted from phil-lee:

They had caught a King snake and tamed it to stay around the outhouse to kill and eat poisonous snakes

I have been trying to educate everyone around here to stop just killing all snakes, because the good ones help get rid of the bad ones.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I told everyone around here, that if you see this big ass snake, 8 feet long, leave it alone, it gets rid of the poisonous snakes around here.

One thing about it, if you survive the bite the hospital bill will still get you. 80 grand the last I heard.

And punkin, I am truly sorry I upset you. I never mean to upset anyone.

I do wish you would start a thread about snakes, I am curious how it is over where you live. I know Australia has all kinds of deadly stuff.

In just the last few years I have learned that King snakes are our friend.

I would love to learn more about snakes.

They still startle me, but now I am more calm and take a good look at them to see what kind they are.

In the last year I have seen one copperhead, and all the other snakes have been good snakes.

The next time I see a good snake, is there anything I may have laying around that they eat that I could toss it a snack and make friends with it?

And once again, I am sorry that I ticked off anyone. And at the same time I would love to learn more about all this.

We need a Snakes Rule thread!

#3202 3 years ago

All good Johnny, it wasn't even the comments in this thread that got me started emotionally, it was another thread where the same thing was discussed 10 mins before this one, and in not so nice a way. it was that thread that had me modded.

Just came in here still screaming like a schoolgirl who lost her barbie. Apologies to those in both threads, it's why i usually don't post in the evenings when i'm tired and emotional (drunk).

#3203 3 years ago

Sorry but poisonous snakes will never be your friend. You can tame a wolf, or a lion, but a Rattlesnake will bite and kill you. People with "Pet" snakes get bit, snake charmers get bit, Zoo workers get bit.
    Now I understand if you leave them alone there is no problem.
    But it doesn't always work out that way. Moccasins are truly cold, no remorse, feed it, keep it warm, raise it from a baby and it will bite and kill you. Same thing with a Brown Recluse or Black Widow spider, stone cold killers.
    Listen to "Sammy The Christmas Snake" one of my favorite songs. Sammy bit and killed Sid, the Christmas mouse.

#3204 3 years ago

I live in the SF Bay Area and we always have to watch our water usage. I sometimes let the water run so I can have hot water to brush my teeth. Also, I love to take long hot showers. Sorry drought sensitive California.

#3205 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Just came in here still screaming like a schoolgirl who lost her barbie.

You were totally fine. I got it. After I read your posts I remembered pics of your pets, and I know how you must have felt.

I felt bad all day. It is never my intentions to piss anyone off or hurt their feelings.

For real, please educate me/us, start a thread about your pets.

I am totally open to having something I have always feared because of the way I was brought up becoming my next pet.

And now that I know how awesome King snakes are, and there is a 8 footer or longer now that I named Fred the friendly snake, I have questions.

How can I help it? Do they eat any kind of human food I have laying around?

(Hell, I guess I could go get some mice and keep them handy for the next time I run into Fred, or any other good snake around here).

Please start a thread about snakes!

#3206 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

it will bite and kill you. Same thing with a Brown Recluse or Black Widow spider, stone cold killers.

Spiders also scare the shit out of me because of the danger from a bite.

I leave them alone if outdoors, because I know they help a lot.

But in my house, hell no, you got to go!

And the damn mess they make indoors, be walking around and all of a sudden this shit is on your face, and dammit, I just walked into a spider web, not cool, do that outdoors.

Back when I was around 12, I was spider bit. Mom had to pick me up early from school to take me to the doctor.

My arm had swollen up and was itching like hell and it looked like I had a very bad case of poison ivy/oak.

On the way to the doctor Mom was a bitch, and that was the only time in my life she had ever acted that way.

She kept saying "you and Jeff snuck off into the woods again and you got poison again".

Even at the doctors office Mom was still running her mouth.

THEN, the doctor showed her where I had a place on my arm with 3 fang marks, that proved it was a spider bite that did this, and I was falsely accused of going off into the poison ivy/oak.

I will never forget the smell of that cream on my arm, smelled like a funky peanut butter.

And the pills they put me on made me sleepy as hell, felt like I slept for a year(hell, I may have).

I have no clue what kind of spider bit me, but after the doctor showed Mom the fang marks on my arm, she has always been awesome! Never questioned me again.

Now dogs. THEY RULE!

BUT, I have been bit by dogs more times than anything else except for mosquitos.

Like when I was 4 a stray dog got hold of me, I barely remember any of that, but some neighbors still around does.

Most of my dog bites have been from someone's Poodle, or the Labs I have had.

My Labs at times were just playing too damn rough and bit me enough for me to bleed.

The Poodles that other people owned were just ankle biters as I was leaving. Never broke the skin.

The last dog we ever had was a rescued Pit/Boxer mix, and I love Boxers, we have had some of those also, but the pit stuff and the rap that goes along with it worried me.

The first thing that dog did after being cool as hell for the car ride here was to jump up and take a nip at my neck, scared the shit out of me, I was thinking ok, I guess the Pit haters are right.

I have no clue what that was all about, but that dog was awesome!

At times after a few beers I would play a tad rough to test the dog, and I would suddenly stop, just to see if he would actually bite my hand if he were fast enough.

Nope, once that pit mix had my hand in his mouth, just baby bites, very gentle.

Now the noise he would make, he would act like he would eat you up, all growling and acting fierce.

He loved to play like that, I think all dogs do.

What I would do is just start swirling my hands, at first lightly touch their nose, and then have my hands on the side of the dogs mouth lightly touching the sides of its mouth, and they seemed to love it, trying to get one of my hands in its mouth, they would growl, bark, and have a awesome time, until finally I would stop, let them have my hand, let them lightly bite my hand, and we would hug.

That one lab, he was a stray, after you thought you were done playing, he would actually run up and bite me on the butt as I walked away.

Another Lab used to bite me pretty hard, and I would bite him back. Buddy was the only dog I ever bit to show him how it feels.

Buddy was awesome, he lived to be 15, and he loved chasing squirrels (actually caught one one time, and pranced around with it for a while).

And I could never get a dog to catch a frisbee in their mouth, they did do awesome catching with their paws though and bringing back.

Anyway, is it cool to play the hand games with a dog and get it all growling and barking and stuff?

It seemed a lot of the time my dogs would start it, start messing with my hands like they wanted to play that.

I confess I have no clue anymore.

I miss not having a dog. My last one was Buddy the yellow lab that I got when he weighed 6 pounds.

(the pit/boxer mix was Mom's dog, and a very awesome dog! and coyotes wounded him so bad he had to be put to sleep).

Just got me to thinking, I hope Fred the friendly snake gets big enough that he can eat coyotes soon.

I have no clue where all of these coyotes have came from in the last few years, or why they are so bad to attack dogs, but it is very bad around here.

A real shame, my yard is fenced in already, just not coyote proof it seems.

#3207 3 years ago

No snake thread, but weekly feeding time now. No, they won't eat pizza scraps or baloney.

snake4 (resized).jpgsnake4 (resized).jpg

#3208 3 years ago

mice & rats lovers reply in 3....2....1.....(kidding)

#3209 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

But it doesn't always work out that way. Moccasins are truly cold, no remorse, feed it, keep it warm, raise it from a baby and it will bite and kill you

Reminds me of one of my favorite songs:

#3210 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

mice & rats lovers reply in 3....2....1.....(kidding)

There are people who have mice or rats as pets.

And there are people whose snakes do better with live food.

Hopefully there is understanding from everyone as we do the best we can caring for our pets.

LTG : )

#3211 3 years ago

I'd never feed live rats to my companions (not pets). They might hurt the snakes.

#3212 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'd never feed live rats to my companions (not pets). They might hurt the snakes.

imo, that's part of the fun! annd, it's only fair. I used to crank up the motorhead, grab a beer and watch the show. although I just had a California King snake..he could take 2-3 live mice down every month or so! his name was Rodney..yea, Rodney King. Bit me once and I gave him away. ironically, a few months later I moved in with my buddy who took him!

#3213 3 years ago

I don't agree, i value these guys too much. But that's what they'd do in the wild. I'm not shy of the death etc, i am a keen hunter, fisherman and amateur butcher/chacuterie guy, just don't want to risk my mates getting hurt if i can help it.

I get fun playing pinball and talking shit to my mates.

#3214 3 years ago

ya..in hindsight..not the proper way to feed a pet.. my fault my thumb looked like a delicious lil mouse! I believe they don't sell live mice as feeders anymore.. they freeze them alive! lil pinkies too. I assume the adult rats and mice are froze so they don't hurt the snake. I'm lame now and only have self sufficient pets.. cats!

#3215 3 years ago

I confess I wish I was their size so I could join on the relaxation.

CBCAD33C-2E12-4626-9E25-080D09968491 (resized).jpegCBCAD33C-2E12-4626-9E25-080D09968491 (resized).jpeg
    #3216 3 years ago

After that storm hit a few months ago, and I did not have any internet or tv for 10 or 20 days I switched my tv from cable to dish.

(I am pretty much stuck with cable for internet, all my business stuff there since 1994, it would be a nightmare all the different tax stuff and all kinds of stuff I would have to do over).

Anyway, all I heard, even from my uncle that lives close by and has DISH is that the picture does get bad when the weather is bad.

HA! I have the opposite problem.

The weather is bad tonight, and the DISH picture has been perfect.

I did not have a internet connection for the last 4 hours.

I am so glad that I can still watch tv now while internet is down.

Crappy cable does save me money, I am offline with Golden Tee and Big Buck Hunter because of this spotty crap here.

Anyway, when my 2 year with DISH runs out I am going to try to just cut that, and get a HD antenna and get tv for free from then on.

I confess, I am hooked on Oak Island, and Deadliest Catch, and Monday Night Football, other that that I could almost get by with a antenna.

I have already looked, and I can spend a few bucks on Amazon to get the DVD's or stream, for most of that stuff.

In the meantime I plan to never get hooked on another pay channel show, so that I can get rid of that expense.

I know a lot of people that does not even watch tv, I am going to try to get to that point also.

Having a variety of games to play helps a lot!

Anyway my girlfriend is in very bad shape. At any time she may have to just take a ambulance to the hospital.

I am ticked off that she did not try to gets some kind of meds quicker.

I am not 100%, and I am staying away from everyone. If I feel worse I am going somewhere to get some medication, and not somewhere like she did that just said yeah, you are positive, and that was it. That was bull.

Anyway, I am semi-retired, and most of my income is from rental houses. I have never once been greedy with that, I have never once went up on anyone's rent.

When a house is vacant, I do adjust to just under the current level, and then I never go up on a tenant for as long as they live there.

Luckily none of my tenants have tried to pull anything in the last year, they know I am a good guy and they could not rent a house this nice for anywhere close to the price they are getting.

Real Estate prices are way up, and if any of them did pull any crap I would just sell the house with them still living in it.

I like my tenants. One in particular loves me, always "ah thank you so much Johnny, you are so awesome".

The only thing about rental houses that does suck is when the phone rings right in the middle of your best game ever on a machine, and it is a tenant saying the heat has stopped working, or a waterline is leaking, etc.

But I have awesome repair people, I just call them and they take care of it and bill me later. (some things I do fix myself).

I don't work construction much anymore for one client, and I need to retire from that, kills my knees too bad. I am fine walking on level ground, but on a construction site having to walk over piles of dirt just kills my knees anymore.

Life has been cool pretty much. The only 9-5 job I ever worked was when I was 16 for just 2 months to get in the school work program.

Except for working for Dad a lot until I was 23, I have always been self employed, and incorporated for the last 26 years.

While I never did the 9-5 much at all for anyone, I sure did a lot of 80 hour weeks for myself, and I enjoyed most of it.

A lot of people could not do a 80 hour week, you have to enjoy what you are doing to work that much, and I did.

I confess I will tell anyone what a ass my boss is, works me way more than I want to work, will not let me have any beer while working, and just whatever else.

Just making fun of myself, I am my boss.

Do you ever do that Lloyd? Run your mouth about the boss trying to be funny when actually you are the boss?

As far as the snake stuff, punkin please share more!

Do they like belly rubs, or any kind of contact?

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I believe they don't sell live mice as feeders anymore.. they freeze them alive! lil pinkies too. I assume the adult rats and mice are froze so they don't hurt the snake.

I will have to look into that! I have plenty of freezer space since that storm hit. I would love to have some snacks ready for the next time I ever run into Fred the friendly King Snake.

And that just reminded me of something, now I have to run over to the Bitch Thread if my cable will stay connected long enough.

#3217 3 years ago

Do you ever do that Lloyd? Run your mouth about the boss trying to be funny when actually you are the boss?

Hell yes. All the time. I love placing the blame.

#3218 3 years ago

I do that all the time. I am sure you meant placing.

(and not being a spelling asshole, sometimes after I post and have another beer I am like wtf? reading how my post turned out)

And one last confession, I like to read stuff like the NFL thread, and I look forward to watching the game (sadly alone), there will be probably 500 new posts there tomorrow night, and I ain't even reading all that, I will skip to the last page.

BUT! In the Dogs Rule, Funny Captions, or What Machine Did You Bring Home Today topics, I will look at every single one of those! Even if 500 new posts!

I love doggies, pinball machines, and all the funny and fun stuff here!

I can do without 500 posts about this team should have done this or not whole kind of thing.

As far as NFL tread, I will jump in if I think I can entertain, in the meantime I read in case of breaking news I have not heard yet.

Hopefully the Broncos can draft well and contend again soon!

I wish all of us the best!

At the moment I just really hope I have my girlfriend this time next week, she is not doing well.

#3219 3 years ago

At the moment I just really hope I have my girlfriend this time next week, she is not doing well.

Don't wait until things get worse. Best to be proactive. I hate going to the hospital (as a patient) but it's better to nip stuff in the bud.

#3220 3 years ago

I must confess that I do not post a lot.

But I like to read this thread, Johnny's post as well as LTG post and the others.

LTG is always great to answer noobie with their pinball problem even if they are pretty dumb or obvious.

Guess I am addicted! Johnny I wish your Girlfriend a speedy recovery.

Cheers from the great white north!

Chris

#3221 3 years ago

Sorry that I have so much drama sometimes.

I prefer to be FUNNY!

I had a bad day. Woke up with my back hurting. Worked for a few hours on some things on my to do list, back got worse just standing up.

I kept hoping my girlfriend would call, she never did, so I called, and it went straight to voicemail. (I did not want to call earlier and wake her up if she was sleeping).

So I laid down to rest my back, and when I woke up, holy shit, it was halftime, I had missed the first half of the game.

So I called again while I was cooking my dinner. Went to voicemail.

I called again, after the game went off, went to voicemail.

At this point I was getting very sad.

Right before she got sick she was very happy that she had made the high score on BBH Big Horn Sheep, and while she has been at her house quarantining, she has told me to go ahead and beat her score.

I told her we have played that so much lately I am mainly spending time on the multicade, because we have not played that in a long time. There are many games on it I never played much, but interested in trying.

We have been together for a few years, and today was the first time we had never at least talked on the phone.

She sounded bad on the phone Saturday night, and said she was thinking about going to the hospital.

I assumed she had went to the hospital.

And I confess, I am the worst person in the world for always assuming the worst is happening. BUT, if the worst does not happen, makes the whole day better!

But, if the worst does happen, I was already a tad prepared.

While ago I had thoughts of things like if she is gone forever, I am done with BBH for a long while, her favorite machine, and someday when I may would play it again, I would on purpose never ever beat any of her high scores so that part of her will live forever on this game she loved.

Then, right before midnight Sunday night my phone rings.

I am so damn happy, I knew it could only be her calling that late.

She sounded a lot better after she had pretty much slept the whole day, and she did not know her phone had been turned off.

She still needs to get to a doctor before she ends up in the hospital, and I will drive her to one today, quarantine or not, chance of me getting sick or not.

The Man Cave is just sad when she is not here, I hope she is back here soon.

(and actually she is the one that bought the big Man Cave sign and put it here, she is very cool).

#3222 3 years ago

I hope your gal has a speedy recovery Johnny

#3223 3 years ago

Confess to listening to much too much southern country/rock lateley.

consolation pinball song.

#3224 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I hope your gal has a speedy recovery

Thanks! I do also.

When my phone rang just after 2pm I thought she was calling to get me to pick her up and take her to see a doctor.

Nope, she was calling from the hospital, she had a ambulance pick her up at 10:45am.

She said she has double pneumonia, and they already had a iv in both of her arms.

#3225 3 years ago

She said she has double pneumonia, and they already had a iv in both of her arms.

Damn. I hope she is better soon !

#3226 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Damn. I hope she is better soon !

Thanks!

I had already told her that the next road trip would be to your game room, with stops at Silver Dollar City and other stuff still undecided yet.

I have been telling her about your funny stories, and never ride on a golf cart with you.

#3227 3 years ago

I confess. I am bad at gift giving most of the time. Sometimes I nail it though.

Over a year ago, I gave a credit card to my girlfriend, gave her a amount, and told her to buy what she wanted, I had no clue, but I wanted her to have what she wanted for Christmas.

She bought a engagement ring, and has worn it every since.

Yeah, freaked me out a tad, but she is so damn cool I want to be with her forever.

Her Mom is evil and stresses her, and I do not need to go there.

I hope my girl survives all this. I would be very lost without her.

My best friend/next door neighbor recently passed, and that is still hard, and now my girl is in bad shape.

I hope my girl is back here soon. I really miss her bitching that she wants us to play Big Buck for 3 hours, and half that is all I can take.

She is a keeper, and I hope I can keep her for many more years.

(sorry for the drama).

#3228 3 years ago

(sorry for the drama).

No need to be sorry. We are all hoping for her recovery.

#3229 3 years ago

Confess i wish i had a scallop as big as a pizza and 3" thick.

Sous vide with a light black bean/shallot sauce please, Huey.

#3230 3 years ago

IT IS ALIVE!

They are giving her way too many drugs!

While ago she called and was bitchy about everything, complaining about everything, and 100 times worse than her Mom.

If she does that again I will sneak in there and pull the plug myself.

I am totally joking, she was only 20 times worse than her Mom.

I do confess, I was sad, numb, missing her, and that was not the real her that just called me, the hospital needs to decrease her morphine by a lot.

That was the first thing she said Monday afternoon, she has 2 iv's and they are giving her morphine.

I did not expect to hear from her tonight, but I lit up when my flip phone showed her number calling.

We have been together since late September 2017. Never missed a day yet that at the least she did not call me right in the middle of one of my favorite tv shows.

First pin I bought in over 25 years was Metallica Monsters. Oh, don't buy that. (sadly she is mostly into new country).

Yeah, 2 weeks later I am good after playing the pin for 2 hours, and then she plays another 2 hours by herself, asking if I am ready to play more yet.

She has been very awesome at loving every game I have ever set up, even cornhole and ping pong.

And she is the only girlfriend that I ever had, that will call and say hey, I am about to go to Kroger, do you want me to pick up anything for you?

BUT! A road trip with her, HELL NO!

3 hours drinking coffee and putting on make-up? Kill me please!

She just can not get the fact that she can drink coffee, and put on make-up while I drive....

Or maybe not. My fast driving and tailgating to keep others from breaking in line she complains about, while I have not hit anything, and the one time I let her drive she hit a parked truck.

(usually a tailgating thing on a road trip is the speed limit is 70, and we are in the fast lane doing 50, and in very light traffic, and makes no sense, and people keep breaking in line from the right lane, and slows everything down more, so I just try to block the line jumpers).

Nothing ticks me off more than a line jumper.

Also ticks me off drivers that apparently never watch their rear view mirror. I rarely get passed on a road trip, but I always watch my rear view mirror for anyone coming up on me fast, and I get out of their way and I never hold them up...unless I am already stuck in that stupid 50mph crap trying to get around myself. Wait your turn in line please, and I will let you pass me once I am back to 84mph and you still want to pass me.

My girlfriend loves the Busch amusement park at Tampa, I want to take her again, and I was just relaxed and having I-75 south flashbacks the way so many people drives that interstate.

Anyway, THANKS EVERYONE! Your words did help me a lot.

I really hope that what I just typed makes you smile also.

And no, if she keeps griping from her hospital bed I would never pull the plug, but I may try to bribe LTG to do that for me.

Normally she is just awesome, and only gripes that I am too tired to play another game WITH HER.

#3231 3 years ago

A confession I think most of us here can relate to:

While ago I was looking around, with a tape measure, and seeing that I do have more room for 2 more pins!

or 5 more.

(it would really tick my girlfriend off if I did get another game and get a head start on it while she was in the hospital).

(so I will wait for her to get back).

#3232 3 years ago

My ex wife sold my P3 because I left her last year.

I fist pump every time I get an extra ball

I like to forcefully nudge machines despite finicky owners requests to abstain from nudging

#3233 3 years ago

I confess Blaze escaped for the first time today - luckily his girlfriend lives below him so he didn’t go far

FF5F824E-B3BB-4AA1-90ED-5A02A9C5A2D5 (resized).jpegFF5F824E-B3BB-4AA1-90ED-5A02A9C5A2D5 (resized).jpeg
    #3234 3 years ago

Mine usually escape because they are out on the table or somewhere and i forget about them and get distracted playing pinball.

Then i have to pull the beer fridge out from the wall and get them out from round the nice warm fridge motor or somesuch.

#3235 3 years ago

Confess that i have no room for more pinballs, but have 3 incoming.

Also that i don't know which i am more excited about (well gunners of course) as they are all great games.

JJP GnRLE
    Bally ToM
    Gottlieb Black Hole

Street Fighter II is on the way out.

Really looking forward to playing all of them for the first time ever.

#3236 3 years ago
    Quoted from Birdnest:

I confess Blaze escaped for the first time today - luckily his girlfriend lives below him so he didn’t go far
    [quoted image]

So did he sneak out for a nooner?

#3237 3 years ago

Hows it going with your lady @johnnypinball007? Little otto and I are hoping for good news.

#3238 3 years ago

Sometimes someone will be on the hunt for some harder to find EM part I know I have. I confess I often don't offer it up out of fear of possibly needing it later and/or not wanting to deal with the hassle of finding a box and shipping on my lunch for a few bucks.

#3239 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Hows it going with your lady johnnypinball007? Little otto and I are hoping for good news.

Thanks!

I dropped her a bag of clothes at the hospital a few minutes ago. (aggravating as crap, she told me to go in back, then they told me I would need to drive around front, NO, I just walked in the rain all the way. parking there is too aggravating).

Anyway she is supposed to get out of there tomorrow.

#3240 3 years ago

It was late in the evening, but she made it back home.

I guessed that they would release her around 8am, no, more like 6pm.

She is still very weak, and probably will most likely be sleeping most of the time for a couple more weeks.

Then about week 3 she will start getting mad at me again because I only want to play Big Buck Hunter for 2 hours tops, and she wants to play that game for 4 hours, and gets mad when she has to play it alone.

She accuses me of being on Pinside too much.

We all know that is not true, (when I hear her game ending with the last bonus round I always minimize the window and pretend I am watching tv.

I confess that if I am not finished confessing yet, I may say hey, its still early, and I doubt you want to watch this Oak Island show(she hates that show, I like it), why don't you go play another round of Big Buck.

Then I hear the game start, and I pause the Oak Island show I have already watched 15 times anyway while distracting her so I can post here.

(and I confess that I am trying to be funny with the last part of this).

(I did not pull that 15 times, only 12).

Back to serious, I do love playing Big Buck Hunter as much as her, but after 2 hours at the most I just want to sit down and chill(and post here).

My knees or shoulders or something always gets sore, and I want to just sit at my computer and goof off here.

Anyway, THANKS EVERYONE for the well wishes!

It has been a rough few months.

Too many awesome people have passed way too young.

We all lost Terry (Who-Dey), a few weeks later I lost my long time friend Dwayne, and for a while there I was very sad because it was looking like I may lose my girl next.

Be careful, and try to stay safe.

Johnny

#3241 3 years ago

I confess that I love the clunking sound of a ball being ejected into the shooter lane.

#3242 3 years ago

I confess that I do miss the JJP POTC SE I sold last year, but I would never buy another one.

1600 plays (I think) was really enough to see mostly everything, we will never make it to some wizard mode or whatever on any game, we are not that good, but we love playing.

I started not liking POTC more and more, the more I looked at it, and thought man, if I ever had to take some of this game apart for a repair, that would be a major undertaking, and I can barely do a minor one.

That rocking upper playfield and firing the cannon was always awesome though.

I think 20k for this game is nuts, but 14k all day long for a LE is ok.

The only game I ever played before buying one was a Spiderman VE, that I drove all the way to a bar in Huntsville AL to try out. Then the next day drove to my distributor to pick one up.

Except for I forgot about TWD pro. At the time I was interested in several games, and Bumper Nets in Birmingham AL had them. I was not even planning on trying TWD, but it was next to one I was interested in, and I ended up playing TWD more than any game there.

While playing TWD, my girlfriends comments were stuff like "ew", "this is gross", "I hope you never get one of these".

The next day she called me, what are you doing?

I am driving, I will call you back later.

You are not headed to Conyers to buy a walking dead game are you?

Um, yeah.

TWD was the 3rd game I purchased since I got back into this hobby, the first two was Metallica Monsters, and a GB pro.

We have had AC/DC prem VE, the Spiderman VE, the POTC, Iron Maiden Pro, and Houdini also, they are all gone, after between 800 and 2500 plays.

I have no clue how many games have been played on TWD, I never look at that unless I am about to list for sale.

I hope I don't jinx myself, but TWD has been the best game ever. The only time the glass has ever been out was to get the packing material out when I purchased it, and the playfield has never been raised. And when new things come along, and TWD does not get plugged in for 6 months at a time, within a second of turning it on it is all lit up and ready to go. Stern nailed this one.

And now that I think about it, hell yeah, the lowest play game I ever sold was over 800 plays, while all the time you see ads here for games with 100-200 plays, so I know we have really been into all this.

The highest play game was the AC/DC, very fun, a lot of stuff to try for, but a drain master. Very short ball times, and I never had but 3 extra balls in 2500 plays(or whatever, I think it was around 2500).

With AC/DC I did think about installing a center drain post, and I would have probably kept it forever then, I just could not bring myself to do that, so I sold it.

AC/DC did look very sharp, my girlfriend said you mean this game costs the same as this one, it looks like it would be a lot more expensive.

I also confess, had I known that they would do a Luci VE, I probably would still have that, I jumped on the first VE that came out, with their ugly mugs on the back glass. (we all love their music though).

Oh, and if Money Talks had of been included on the AC/DC, it would for sure still be here.

Back to the Spiderman VE. The bar was loud, I could not hear the game, but the game was fun.

Get one here, sound had to be turned way down, callouts way too geeky and weird.

Recently my girlfriend said she missed the Spiderman, and that caught me off guard. Out of all the games I have sold, this is the only time she has commented about missing any of them.

I am still done with Spiderman, but someday if a decent deal came up for hopefully not a VE, I may would think about it for her to have some fun, and for me to at least hear hopefully better callouts.

As far as TWD, I had never seen the show, we did watch it one time after getting the game, and the show is just not our thing.

And we don't play TWD that much anymore, but when we do my girlfriend can normally win 2/5 games, she is pretty good at it. (and I never let anyone win on purpose).

I could kind of see selling Oktoberfest down the road, but no time soon, there are so many ways to play that game(kind of like different ways to play POTC), and I still want to try a whole lot of different things before I ever would consider parting with it.

Anyway, if I ever had to sell everything for any reason, TWD would be last to go, and Big Buck Hunter Reloaded would be 2nd last to go.

And I confess that it does kind of suck being content and not wanting to sell anything, because I would like some more variety, I am thinking EHOH.

If anyone near me has a EHOH, and invited me over, I would bring your favorite beer, and me some Nattys, and I would take a cab both ways.

I love beer, but I will not drink and drive, not even one beer.

And when on vacation, and drinking, and walking, I make sure to not even walk near the road.

I have never had the first problem to make me the way I am, only stories from other people and bs stuff they dealt with, with cops that made me say ok, so as long as I am walking, and not near the road, I can avoid that, cool.

A long time ago I was about to go on a beach vacation with a friend, we were going to take 10 speed bicycles and go bar hopping. I asked my friend (a lawyer) if that was all good, he said no, they can give you a DUI the same as if you were driving a car.

Later I looked into all that a lot more, and you can also get a DUI while riding a lawnmower or horse on/near the road also.

I have had a few speeding tickets, and sucks, but yeah I can not complain. (4 in 35 years, and sometimes I have went over a 100 in a 70), so I can not complain that my last ticket a few years ago was 82 in a 70, and the others always like a 71 in a 55, at least when I get caught I was actually behaving pretty good.

I love road trips, hopefully this summer a road trip up to a game room in MN. A awesome game room that has all the JJP games, and a certain owner that I may need to watch out of the corner of my eye because I have heard that he likes pranks.

And after I spend so much time on Pinside, I am like damn....I was going to play this and this, and now time for bed.

TWD and some other games I have are awesome! But really Pinside is a tad better than any game.

#3243 3 years ago

I confess that I do truly believe JohnnyPinball007 should take the glass of his #twd and clean the playfield.

#3244 3 years ago
    ED2B2793-6928-4650-ABBC-E813C2FB54FF (resized).jpegED2B2793-6928-4650-ABBC-E813C2FB54FF (resized).jpeg
    #3245 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

take the glass of his #twd and clean the playfield.

I keep the games covered when not in use, but yeah you are probably right.

#3246 3 years ago

I confess that I do miss the JJP POTC SE I sold last year, but I would never buy another one.
    1600 plays (I think) was really enough to see mostly everything, we will never make it to some wizard mode or whatever on any game, we are not that good, but we love playing.
    I started not liking POTC more and more, the more I looked at it, and thought man, if I ever had to take some of this game apart for a repair, that would be a major undertaking, and I can barely do a minor one.
    That rocking upper playfield and firing the cannon was always awesome though.
    I think 20k for this game is nuts, but 14k all day long for a LE is ok.
    The only game I ever played before buying one was a Spiderman VE, that I drove all the way to a bar in Huntsville AL to try out. Then the next day drove to my distributor to pick one up.
    Except for I forgot about TWD pro. At the time I was interested in several games, and Bumper Nets in Birmingham AL had them. I was not even planning on trying TWD, but it was next to one I was interested in, and I ended up playing TWD more than any game there.
    While playing TWD, my girlfriends comments were stuff like "ew", "this is gross", "I hope you never get one of these".
    The next day she called me, what are you doing?
    I am driving, I will call you back later.
    You are not headed to Conyers to buy a walking dead game are you?
    Um, yeah.
    TWD was the 3rd game I purchased since I got back into this hobby, the first two was Metallica Monsters, and a GB pro.
    We have had AC/DC prem VE, the Spiderman VE, the POTC, Iron Maiden Pro, and Houdini also, they are all gone, after between 800 and 2500 plays.
    I have no clue how many games have been played on TWD, I never look at that unless I am about to list for sale.
    I hope I don't jinx myself, but TWD has been the best game ever. The only time the glass has ever been out was to get the packing material out when I purchased it, and the playfield has never been raised. And when new things come along, and TWD does not get plugged in for 6 months at a time, within a second of turning it on it is all lit up and ready to go. Stern nailed this one.
    And now that I think about it, hell yeah, the lowest play game I ever sold was over 800 plays, while all the time you see ads here for games with 100-200 plays, so I know we have really been into all this.
    The highest play game was the AC/DC, very fun, a lot of stuff to try for, but a drain master. Very short ball times, and I never had but 3 extra balls in 2500 plays(or whatever, I think it was around 2500).
    With AC/DC I did think about installing a center drain post, and I would have probably kept it forever then, I just could not bring myself to do that, so I sold it.
    AC/DC did look very sharp, my girlfriend said you mean this game costs the same as this one, it looks like it would be a lot more expensive.
    I also confess, had I known that they would do a Luci VE, I probably would still have that, I jumped on the first VE that came out, with their ugly mugs on the back glass. (we all love their music though).
    Oh, and if Money Talks had of been included on the AC/DC, it would for sure still be here.
    Back to the Spiderman VE. The bar was loud, I could not hear the game, but the game was fun.
    Get one here, sound had to be turned way down, callouts way too geeky and weird.
    Recently my girlfriend said she missed the Spiderman, and that caught me off guard. Out of all the games I have sold, this is the only time she has commented about missing any of them.
    I am still done with Spiderman, but someday if a decent deal came up for hopefully not a VE, I may would think about it for her to have some fun, and for me to at least hear hopefully better callouts.
    As far as TWD, I had never seen the show, we did watch it one time after getting the game, and the show is just not our thing.
    And we don't play TWD that much anymore, but when we do my girlfriend can normally win 2/5 games, she is pretty good at it. (and I never let anyone win on purpose).
    I could kind of see selling Oktoberfest down the road, but no time soon, there are so many ways to play that game(kind of like different ways to play POTC), and I still want to try a whole lot of different things before I ever would consider parting with it.
    Anyway, if I ever had to sell everything for any reason, TWD would be last to go, and Big Buck Hunter Reloaded would be 2nd last to go.
    And I confess that it does kind of suck being content and not wanting to sell anything, because I would like some more variety, I am thinking EHOH.
    If anyone near me has a EHOH, and invited me over, I would bring your favorite beer, and me some Nattys, and I would take a cab both ways.
    I love beer, but I will not drink and drive, not even one beer.
    And when on vacation, and drinking, and walking, I make sure to not even walk near the road.
    I have never had the first problem to make me the way I am, only stories from other people and bs stuff they dealt with, with cops that made me say ok, so as long as I am walking, and not near the road, I can avoid that, cool.
    A long time ago I was about to go on a beach vacation with a friend, we were going to take 10 speed bicycles and go bar hopping. I asked my friend (a lawyer) if that was all good, he said no, they can give you a DUI the same as if you were driving a car.
    Later I looked into all that a lot more, and you can also get a DUI while riding a lawnmower or horse on/near the road also.
    I have had a few speeding tickets, and sucks, but yeah I can not complain. (4 in 35 years, and sometimes I have went over a 100 in a 70), so I can not complain that my last ticket a few years ago was 82 in a 70, and the others always like a 71 in a 55, at least when I get caught I was actually behaving pretty good.
    I love road trips, hopefully this summer a road trip up to a game room in MN. A awesome game room that has all the JJP games, and a certain owner that I may need to watch out of the corner of my eye because I have heard that he likes pranks.
    And after I spend so much time on Pinside, I am like damn....I was going to play this and this, and now time for bed.
    TWD and some other games I have are awesome! But really Pinside is a tad better than any game.

Whoa! The poor priest who has to hear your confession!

#3247 3 years ago

I confess I am almost 100 posts behind in the Funny Caption thread. Time to catch up!

#3248 3 years ago

I just made my long one for tonight, in the "has ebay finally done itself in" (or whatever, I think that is correct) topic.

If you are in business, and finding that tax season really stresses you out, I am considering being a part time consultant for helping with organizing bookwork for taxes. (it is just too easy, but no one wants to do it).

My accountant emailed me all my corporate tax stuff today(due 3/15), and I wrote the checks today.

I am still waiting on the personal tax stuff(due 4/15).

I confess I hate this time of year. I have to write checks for taxes, and to my accountant, and 3 out of 4 of my houses for the insurance. The first quarter every year always bites, then not bad until the 3rd quarter when the property taxes are due.

I hate taxes!

If not for insurance and taxes, I could totally just retire.

Quoted from poppapin:

Whoa! The poor priest who has to hear your confession!

If I even make it to one of those places, it would be really short: I didn't do nothing.

Quoted from EJS:

I confess I am almost 100 posts behind in the Funny Caption thread. Time to catch up!

I confess that Funny Captions, Dogs Rule, What Machine Did You Bring Home Today, and a few others I will always catch up on if I get busy.

Deep Root, NFL, and several others I try to keep up with, but if all of a sudden 300 posts, I skip to the last page, and go backwards a page or 2 if needed to try to see what all the fuss is about.

And I confess, while I have been typing all this I had the Daytona 500 on, and it was muted.

I used to like stock car racing, way back when it was actually cars that were pretty much stock, and before all the restrictor plates and goofy rule changes all the time.

I used to sit and watch all that like I do a football game. Now if I even have a race on it is muted, and just watching a tad out of the corner of one eye to see if any cool wreaks happen.

And I have no clue what the in field at Talladega is like today, but 35 years ago it was one crazy party with girls going wild.

And sorry, I hogged this up again.

Next: LTG with a awesome story!

(also, more snake pics maybe?)

#3249 3 years ago

I’d like to confess that I’m a procrastinator at times. I finally decided to take apart & clean my trackball on my golden tee last night. It worked fine, and kept telling myself, why fix it if it ain’t broken? I could kinda hear/feel that it wasn’t perfect, so I dived into it, took it all apart, cleaned all the bearings & parts and reassembled. It definitely has a smoother sound.
    And I read that thread of ‘beware of Johnathan’ nobody likes being ripped off. I feel for the people that got scammed. I was gonna post a thought or two on it, but didn’t want to stir the pot..I hope that they get their $ back, and I do believe in karma..

#3250 3 years ago

I confess I had never heard of Rick and Morty before Spooky made the pinball machine. I saw today it's on Hulu and now I'm almost through season one. What a funny show. Now, I really want to get my hands on this pin.

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.