Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 252.
    #251 10 years ago

I'm... Pregnant.

#253 10 years ago

Because of TZ's camera shot from the right upper flipper, where you have to hold the left flipper button to make the shot easier, I find myself holding the left flipper button on ALL games with right upper flipper shots (STTNG, HSII, SM, WW, etc.). I need to break that habit.

#254 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Because of TZ's camera shot from the right upper flipper, where you have to hold the left flipper button to make the shot easier, I find myself holding the left flipper button on ALL games with right upper flipper shots (STTNG, HSII, SM, WW, etc.). I need to break that habit.

Guilty.

#255 10 years ago
    #256 10 years ago

I'd trade my BSD for a R&B in a heartbeat even though it's being left to my daughter in the will.

#257 10 years ago

I'm secretly glad my kids don't like pinball so they keep their grubby hands off of my pins.

#258 10 years ago

I verbalize callouts in the game in the same accent as the actor.

I'll cradle a ball while I drink beer.

I polish new balls by rubbing them on my shirt before I drop them in the game.

#259 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I think people who buy games without playing them first are crazy.

Guilty and crazy. I blame both laziness and impatience and those damned dirty apes.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'll cradle a ball while I drink beer.

As do I, perfect time for a beer.

I wish I was a little bit taller.
    I juggle the ball from flipper to flipper to impress my friends
    ...and fail miserably by means of the drain sometimes
    I dead catch on accident all the time
    ..and STILL feel like a bad-a$$ doing it.

#260 10 years ago

I think a new pin is worth X dollars. People who pay more than X are nuts, and people who won't pay X are cheap.

#261 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

PattyJ said:
    I'm secretly attracted to several Pinsiders.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Go back to Carl . . . or get the Apron of Destiny and watch people flock to you.

Well that is some fine advice, but the last I heard Carl was in Australia working on a pinball lessons partnership with a "new" pinball distributor. They made him a lot of promises and he seems excited, but he's not the brightest bulb.

Also, I heard the last owner of the famous Apron of Destiny allowed it to fall into enemy hands, so I'm probably out of luck unless the current owner has an unusually strong desire for some Shasta and is willing to work out a special arrangement with me.

#262 10 years ago

TigerLaw25 said:
    Go back to Carl.

Quoted from centerflank:

worst post ever on pinside, and you call yourself a moderator...
    I just tricked trophy into going downstairs to make popcorn so I could make a few more posts!

Thanks for that Mr. Flank! You know I'm not the home wrecker type, but you are definitely among my favorites.

#263 10 years ago

I would also like to confess I really enjoy a thumbs up. I hope that doesn't make me look like a karma ho tho.

#264 10 years ago

I hope that doesn't make me look like a karma ho tho.

If your avatar is a true representation then I believe you do not look like a Karmaho, same color shirt, but the face/hair is very different.

karmaho.jpgkarmaho.jpg

#265 10 years ago

I enjoy playing Genesis, TMNT, and Avatar!

#266 10 years ago

I'm going to sandbag at PAPA next year.

#267 10 years ago

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.

On my desk, I have a work station.

#268 10 years ago

I once Drunkedly tried to use my penis to gauge heat level from lamps. Rationale at the time = if its too hot for Mr Pinky, its too hot for my inserts!!! ..... Oh the shame.

#269 10 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

I once Drunkedly tried to use my penis to gauge heat level from lamps

Hope you don't use the same "testing equipment" when drunk on a funhouse, especially near Rudy!!!

#270 10 years ago

I started collecting soon after I got married in 1996. I told my wife in all sincerity that I only wanted 3 games (all video games, Missile Command, Robotron and Dragon's Lair). I have 25 in my basement now and still only have 1 of the original 3 I wanted in there. My wife reminds me of the "I only want these 3" at all the time.

#271 10 years ago

Sometimes when my wife beats me fair and square on two player, I act like I was distracted by the kids during the game.

#272 10 years ago

I sometimes avoid playing high-priced/well-liked games like CV, TZ, MB, SM, IJ etc because I don't want to fall in love with them and have to raise/spend the money to get them. Instead I gravitate toward more affordable games and convince myself that they're "hidden gems" while staying intentionally ignorant about the so-called A-list games.

#273 10 years ago

I've found pinball parts in my bed sheets lol.

#274 10 years ago

I gave up illegal substances to fund my pinball addiction.

#275 10 years ago

I have taken the glass off my TSPP and manually activated switches, just so I could see modes I could not achieve during game play.........and I still could not figure out how to get to the mode!!!

#276 10 years ago

If I drink when I'm playing I always end up sticking miscellaneous quarters in my bra. Then when I get undressed for bed I have to stand on my little circle rug, otherwise quarters go clonking everywhere and wake up the whole house.

Often I wake up with a few quarters in the bed. We call it "Scrooge McDucking"!

#277 10 years ago

I told my daughter I was running out of money to pay for her college ... she got a loan to pay for her last semester and I celebrated by buying more pins.

#278 10 years ago

I disable free play and make sure all my games have cashboxes and working coin mechs. I tell people it's because my two-year old likes putting money in, but it's really just that I miss arcades and dropping quarters in machines.

Every time I empty a cashbox, I show my wife how much money I made.

#279 10 years ago

I work from home. If something pisses me off at work I take revenge by playing pinball. That'll teach 'em.

#280 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I lie to my wife about the cost of my pins.

I have never done this...

#281 10 years ago

Got a ball stuck in an unshakable spot. Ponder taking the glass off to retrieve ball. Turn on the game next to it and hit start instead. Ball still stuck 3 weeks later.

#282 10 years ago

While my wife is in Africa on a medical mission trip, Im thinking of using her van to go get a pin.

We have agreed that i will never haul games in her van because we know that once the seal is broke, you just cant help yourself and will do it again.

p.s. is it bad that while she is away helping others, that im thinking of getting another pin. If the commercials are right about how "for less than a cup of coffee a day, that you can help feed a child in africa" because the commercial never mentioned the cost of a pin

#283 10 years ago

I am a Karma Points whore.

#284 10 years ago

I go all gaga when Fattrain posts pictures of his Stern collection. I even have some saved on my computer. I am quite happy with my three NIB Sterns at the moment, but always strive for more. #FattrainEnvy

Post edited by ahdelarge : spelling

#285 10 years ago

I have my STTNG set to 3 balls.....plus 3 buy-ins....

#286 10 years ago

When my wife says I'm spending too much time on my machines and to watch tv with her I turn the sound off my iPad and play Pinball Arcade pretending to read.

#287 10 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

I have never done this...

liar!!!

#288 10 years ago

I have told a girl I was dating that I "have a friend who is really into pinball" to gauge her potential judgement surrounding the hobby in attempt to ease her into it if necessary.

#289 10 years ago

I always think Fattrain is posting while driving based on his avatar.

#290 10 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

I always think Fattrain is posting while driving based on his Avatar.

I imagine a train, modelled to look like the michelin man from the first Ghost Busters. I reckon if i ever met him in person, i wouldnt be able to look him in the eye through fear of him turning into good ol' stay puft right then and there. *shudders*

#291 10 years ago

Whenever I read this thread, this song plays in my head....

You made your bed, that's where you lie.
    No pearly gates when you die.
    We tried to teach, you didn't learn.
    You're going down, you're gonna burn...

#292 10 years ago

/\/\/\Rage Against The Machine?

#293 10 years ago

"Holy Smokes" by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones...

#294 10 years ago

I light a cigarette when I activate a multi ball and then take 3 sips of beer. The better I play the more beer I get. I also get to smoke my cigarette as a reward for doing well. Rules, No cigarettes when you're not playing. Oh, I guess my confession is that if you get a pin from me you better not think that you're getting a discount because I smoke. If anything it keeps the playfield healthy just like a fresh paved highway.

#295 10 years ago

I continued to play the ball as if I was in MB rather than nudge the machine and return to single ball play.

TSPP.jpgTSPP.jpg

#296 10 years ago

Fresh confession/just happened:

I'm too embarrassed to order a $1 chip with $4 shipping from great plains so I always pad the order up to at least $15 with stuff I don't immediately need.

#297 10 years ago

I just realized that the Pinside logo integrates two silhouetted flippers. After seeing it everyday for the past two years.

#298 10 years ago

I robbed and killed an old lady once. I've never told anybody that before.

#299 10 years ago

Crap. MODs delete please!!!

#300 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I robbed and killed an old lady once. I've never told anybody that before.

Wow. That's hilarious!

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.