Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 252.
    #2851 3 years ago

Yeah. Im getting worried about @johnnypinball007. Anyone know how to reach him? I remember reading he has been buying/selling with other Pinsiders. Someone should have his phone number?

Normally I wouldnt react like this, but since he also been posting about not feeling good..

#2852 3 years ago

So I have a room of beaters, every one of them has received "The Treatment", they all play great, no burnt bulbs, 100%.
    Then my Neighbor comes in and looks around, he has all new machines, the latest, greatest.
    For some reason we have a great time. No judgment.
    When given the opportunity to play Pinball, any kind, its such a rare occurrence in the Wild.
    So its still fun, no matter what you have invested, or your mods, or latest code, or butter cabinet, low serial number prototype backglassoneofakindlimitededitionpowdercoatedledincrustedstillinboxoutofboxhuo.

#2853 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

So I have a room of beaters, every one of them has received "The Treatment", they all play great, no burnt bulbs, 100%.
    Then my Neighbor comes in and looks around, he has all new machines, the latest, greatest.
    For some reason we have a great time. No judgment.
    When given the opportunity to play Pinball, any kind, its such a rare occurrence in the Wild.
    So its still fun, no matter what you have invested, or your mods, or latest code, or butter cabinet, low serial number prototype backglassoneofakindlimitededitionpowdercoatedledincrustedstillinboxoutofboxhuo.

Yeah! I like playing pinball alone, but I fucking love playing with other ppl.

#2854 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Yeah. Im getting worried about johnnypinball007. Anyone know how to reach him? I remember reading he has been buying/selling with other Pinsiders. Someone should have his phone number?
    Normally I wouldnt react like this, but since he also been posting about not feeling good..

I have his contact information on Google I haven’t checked to see if it included his number. I have his e mail has anyone else e mailed him? I’d assume if he’s responding to e mail he would be on pinside.

#2855 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I am concerned that I have not seen johnnypinball007 on pinside recently. Hope everything is ok, I miss his long posts!

His last post was just before a big storm caused by Zeta hit the area.
    I hope he’s ok.

https://www.wabe.org/tropical-storm-zeta-causes-widespread-outtages-downed-trees-in-georgia/

#2856 3 years ago

I confess that I was a person who pooh poohed the Rona and its severity until it whooped my ass a couple weeks ago. Fucking karma is alive and well folks haha.

#2857 3 years ago

I confess that every time I see new posts in this thread I think to myself "Oh good, maybe johnnypinball007 is back!"

#2858 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that every time I see new posts in this thread I think to myself "Oh good, maybe johnnypinball007 is back!"

Same here...sorry that my posting likely induced that feeling.

#2860 3 years ago

Great news! (copying and pasting this from an e mail from him. I know some of you including myself might not believe it since it's less than 3 pages)

Hey, this is JohnnyPinball007 and I am fine, but I still have no internet service to get back on here. It took 4 days to get power back, and I finally had to cut a tree off power lines myself to get out and buy ice for the Natties. No other lines have went back on the power poles yet here.

I am at my girlfriends house typing this, and I hate her computer, so keeping this short.

Anyway, I confess I will be glad when the cable company gets their act together and gets the lines fixed so I can enjoy Pinside again.

#2862 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Great news! (copying and pasting this from an e mail from him. I know some of you including myself might not believe it since it's less than 3 pages)
    Hey, this is JohnnyPinball007 and I am fine, but I still have no internet service to get back on here. It took 4 days to get power back, and I finally had to cut a tree off power lines myself to get out and buy ice for the Natties. No other lines have went back on the power poles yet here.
    I am at my girlfriends house typing this, and I hate her computer, so keeping this short.
    Anyway, I confess I will be glad when the cable company gets their act together and gets the lines fixed so I can enjoy Pinside again.

Just need a chainsaw, a shovel, a 3000 dollar line locater and a Permit from Call before you dig.
    Glad to hear from you.

#2863 3 years ago

Its funny how small things can change a negative outlook.
    Last year I couldn't find a project EM. I Serviced 3 the Winter before and thought it would go on forever.
    Now I have one in the truck and 2 more to go get. Super stoked!
    Time to get away from politics, misinformation, negative vibe internet content.
    Time to get productive.
    The Shakers from Kentucky had a Philosophy;
    Do everything as if you will live a thousand years but die tomorrow.
    Always liked that.

#2864 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Its funny how small things can change a negative outlook.
    Last year I couldn't find a project EM. I Serviced 3 the Winter before and thought it would go on forever.
    Now I have one in the truck and 2 more to go get. Super stoked!
    Time to get away from politics, misinformation, negative vibe internet content.
    Time to get productive.
    The Shakers from Kentucky had a Philosophy;
    Do everything as if you will live a thousand years but die tomorrow.
    Always liked that.

I agree it’s good to stay informed but yes staring at the tube all day really does rot your brain. Time to be productive. I remember when covid started and people uploaded all the silly videos they made of them doing trick shots around their house. They might get a little fame but I had the mindset to clean up the house and get some pinball machines cleaned up. I was also out on medical leave March 1st so it was time to focus on recovering for me. I’m much better and back to work but still in some rehab and hoping that doesn’t get shut down again.

Even if you are on a budget I can’t remember the web site but they teach free courses and you get a certificate after. It’s not fancy but it’s a way to improve yourself ESPECIALLY if you are someone who lost your job this year.

#2865 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Good to hear he is Ok

#2866 3 years ago

I confess that my hand is getting sore trying to catch up on giving thumbs up on here.

I missed you guys!

Anyway, my girlfriend has a jacked up keyboard and mouse that I can barely use. It took 30 minutes just to respond to Eric the other day.

Thanks Eric for posting for me!

Anyway, I just while ago got internet back. Not sure if I would have got tv back also because I took the tv boxes back last Saturday and cancelled. I am going to try dish now. Gets old trees knocking down lines and they are so damn slow to fix anything.

I am also working out of town 3 days a week, and all I have is a flip phone, so I will still be spotty for a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I know, I need a smart phone so I can stay on here, I just prefer typing on my full size computer keyboard.

Anyway, it is a mess around here. I have damage at one rental house and it is taking forever to get estimates so that I can start all the insurance stuff for repairs.

But luckily I do not know of any injuries.

Oh, and yes I was sick, and have since changed my diet, and I am doing fine now.

I just got back on and went straight here. Has Colsand been back on yet?

And just popping Natty #3 at the moment.

#2867 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess that my hand is getting sore trying to catch up on giving thumbs up on here.
    I missed you guys!
    Anyway, my girlfriend has a jacked up keyboard and mouse that I can barely use. It took 30 minutes just to respond to Eric the other day.
    Thanks Eric for posting for me!
    Anyway, I just while ago got internet back. Not sure if I would have got tv back also because I took the tv boxes back last Saturday and cancelled. I am going to try dish now. Gets old trees knocking down lines and they are so damn slow to fix anything.
    I am also working out of town 3 days a week, and all I have is a flip phone, so I will still be spotty for a couple of weeks.
    Yeah, I know, I need a smart phone so I can stay on here, I just prefer typing on my full size computer keyboard.
    Anyway, it is a mess around here. I have damage at one rental house and it is taking forever to get estimates so that I can start all the insurance stuff for repairs.
    But luckily I do not know of any injuries.
    Oh, and yes I was sick, and have since changed my diet, and I am doing fine now.
    I just got back on and went straight here. Has Colsand been back on yet?
    And just popping Natty #3 at the moment.

Frick, sounds rough. Glad you are back and feeling better.

#2868 3 years ago

I confess that I am very sad now.

While ago I was happy to finally have internet again and be able to be here on my computer, and then I found out about Terry (Who-Dey).

I was glad to see Colsand has made more posts after he was gone for a while, but man, I can not get over Who-Dey is now gone forever.

Terry was 55, about to retire in 2 months, and I thought from chats with him soon he would show up here at my house and try some games he was interested in buying NIB after retirement.

Anyway, I can whine about no power for 3 days and can not even leave my street because of downed trees and power lines, and 10-12 days later finally get internet back but still landline phone lines are down.

But I will take the downed trees any day of the week over all the wildfires out west. I feel for you guys, fires are the worst.

And the state of Louisiana was hit what 7 times or something this year with storms? I feel for you.

In the meantime I have a friend I do a lot of work for begged me into helping him at Fort Benning, while trying to also get a rental house repaired from a tree that hit it, and just nuts how repair people I have used for years are so busy I can not get any estimates for insurance, much less get this rental house even worked on.

Zeta did a whole lot of damage in my area.

My tenants were getting nasty with me because I had not been to their house to see the damage. I said look, ride down my street, and you will see why, I have trees and power lines down along with caution tape that says "fire line, do not cross".

Anyway, when those Natties started to get warm, I told my girlfriend I am about to cut my way out of here to get ice.

She called the power company and even though we were not scheduled to get power back for a few more days, they showed up pretty quick (3 days), after she told them I was about to take matters in my own hands.

I was up at 5am, started cutting on a tree on power lines at dawn. It was obvious because of my girlfriends calls they sent a spy, and the minute I fired up my chainsaw all of a sudden a lot of power people showed up ready to work.

(and we had already been promised power back over night Thursday, and then it went to Sunday, and I made power happen Saturday).

If this ever happens to you, if you just say that you will have the road back open by a certain time if they do not, they will get to you faster.

Good luck with the cable company and phone company though, they do not give a crap.

Luckily my neighbor up the street had a generator powering his freezer and he had room for my stuff, so I only lost some fridge food that went bad.

But the main 2 things from all this was no lives lost, and no Natties got too hot.

I only have minor damage at my house, not enough to do a insurance claim(just a hole in a roof where I park the boat), but man it is so frustrating trying to get anything done at the rental house that has a lot of damage, while also having to work out of town some to help a friend that is stuck with that and has to have me.

I wish all of you the best! I missed you guys!

I was amazed to read the last 46 posts here before everything went to hell and see I was mentioned so much.

I travel a lot and no matter where I am I like to sit outside and drink some beer. With no power for a few days my girlfriend went nuts, but I just sat outside after dark having a beer and looking up at the stars.

It was mostly ok until lack of power made beer warm, then hell no, cutting this stuff blocking me from needed ice and power lines on the street are hopefully not live.

And kind of funny, when the power company shows up with a tree removal crew, they will not let them touch anything, but they never tried to stop me from cutting my way out of here for ice, and to check on the rental house.

Anyway, I was totally shocked and saddened to hear about Terry (Who-Dey), when I was able to get back on here while ago.

I think it would be cool if Robin could start something like a Hall Of Fame, or In Memory Of something, to celebrate forever the awesome members here as we all get older, so the next generation can maybe grow some balls.

Yeah, I read some stuff that my long posts were missed.

The way crap is going these days when I am gone about the longest post will read like 3 letters: OMG, LOL, or whatever.

And I confess that if I had to post with a smart phone, my posts would be a hell of a lot shorter.

My nice keyboard and mouse I enjoy goofing off and typing what is on my mind.

My girlfriend has jacked up crap I can not use, so I waited to post again until I got internet back.

And the last 10 days or so it was always f the cable company, not coming here and repairing lines.

And now it is still f the cable company, but THANKS for getting me back online at the moment, but in the future I will be trying to go to something else, too many trees around here just tear down lines too often and takes you way too damn long to fix.

And great, on like Natty 12 now, and in 6 hours I have to deal with the dish people installing stuff. (get Showtime for 10 months free though). (if any of that stuff is even worth watching anymore).

Anyway, I have missed being here, I missed all of you guys, and it sucks that we will never read another Who-Dey post again. Terry was out there at times, but he was a awesome dude, and a big time animal lover, awesome for rescuing dogs.

None of us are getting any younger, make every minute you are alive count.

#2869 3 years ago

I’m so glad you are back Johnny! I confess...I can’t handle any more bad news. I have a uncle close by I need to see. He is not doing so good. Terry’s passing is making me now say....not plan but do! I’m on vacation next week with no plans. I’m going to see my uncle next week and hopefully Johnny.

#2870 3 years ago

I'm trying to be the 1st person to write a top 10 song with Covid-19 for it's topic.

1 line has something like... "I knew you had Covid-19 but I kissed you anyway "

#2871 3 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

I'm trying to be the 1st person to write a top 10 song with Covid-19 for it's topic.
    1 line has something like... "I knew you had Covid-19 but I kissed you anyway "

What about "wuhan clan aint nuthing to cough with"?

#2872 3 years ago

Johnny, sounds like you need to run to Best Buy for your girlfriend's sake and get a new keyboard and mouse.

I confess, I don't mind messing up my Comet Pinball orders as much as I should because of the candy you get in your order, no matter how small. What a nice little touch.

#2873 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Johnny, sounds like you need to run to Best Buy for your girlfriend's sake and get a new keyboard and mouse.

She likes that crap, although she did admit that it took her a while to get used to it.

(supposed to be easier on the wrists).

MY keyboard is flat, my mouse is small.

HER keyboard is raised like a pyramid, with a split down the middle, and a wide gap in the middle of it.

(that could almost sound adult, but I swear I am not being funny, she has the weirdest keyboard I have ever seen in my life).

HER mouse is big and round as a apple, with click buttons all close together on the ride side of it. The only stupid button that is actually on the left side that as a habit I kept hitting just kept bringing up all these weird windows that had no easy x to close them back and get them the hell out of the way.

SHE is awesome! But I have no clue why she thought that crap was worth buying in the first place.

And she likewise hates my keyboard, complains the buttons stick. (and she knows why...yeah, I am a responsible beer drinker, I never ever drink and drive or anything like that, HELL NO).

But I do sometimes spill a Natty on my keyboard, and to me it just makes the keyboard feel new again and tight, while she views that as sticky.

It is a damn good thing that we have all these cool games to enjoy together, because if all we had to do to have fun was using each others computers, we may not last long.

I hate her keyboard and mouse, and likewise she hates mine.

She loves all the games I get though, she would keep playing the newest pin a hour after my wrists were too sore to keep going.

Then when I got a Golden Tee if I did not play 3 rounds she was disappointed.

Now with Big Buck Hunter Reloaded, about 3 rounds is all I can handle, it is very intense and AWESOME to try to get a new high score, and after I stop playing, she is so hooked that she keeps playing until her hands hurt so bad that she has to stop and put a bag of ice on them.

We are all very different, while at the same time pretty much everyone here also has a lot in common. I love Pinside!

I missed all of YOU!

My area is just bad for trees down and losing power and anything else anytime a storm comes through, and being on a dead end street I am the last to get all services back.

I do love my space here though, and I think several members here that met me buying games here also liked my little bit of country close to the city also.

So now I have satellite TV, and if I can get satellite internet (if that is a thing), I will look into that soon, because way too many trees on this street just ready to wreck my world again.

And while ago I broke the news about Terry to my girl, and she could not believe it either. I choked while reading her the info. Amazing how your throat can act when you are sad.

She does not read any of this that I know of, but I tell her all the time what is going on here with all you guys that I have never even met but feel like I have known forever. and she has been awesome and pays attention.

Sometimes she gets mad that I spend so much time here, but after I remind her that the awesome new game we have here that she enjoys so much would have never happened had I not been on Pinside reading comments about games.

And I know we all get kind of labeled here, just human nature. I am sure I am labeled for long posts, while some are labeled as Stern or JJP fan boys.

Label me any day of the week for Big Buck Hunter Reloaded, and Golden Tee. Just awesome variety to have also with your pins. I am a fan boy of those.

Quoted from Gunnut40:

I’m going to see my uncle next week and hopefully Johnny.

I would love to meet you, and all of you!

On the other hand my girl is freaky about virus stuff and I have to keep her happy because SHE is AWESOME!

(but she is never here from 2pm to 6pm anyway), I am very easy to find, not far from Six Flags Over Georgia.

In the meantime after no power and internet for so long I am still trying to catch up on everything here, and I have noticed that LTG has not made a long post lately. And even in Dogs Rule that I am up to date with I did not see any Prada pics.

LTG, please share another funny story, you are AWESOME!

#2874 3 years ago

Like my one?

mo (resized).jpgmo (resized).jpg

#2875 3 years ago

LTG, please share another funny story,

My senior year in high school we had one teacher. Kind of a slow, fuddy duddy kind of guy. He had a muscle car. A Chevelle SS 396. Tricked out for more horse power.

He didn't like the car and wanted to sell it. So we told him we knew someone that was interested and we could take it to him and show it to him. He'd throw us the keys and off we'd go. To Wisconsin to drink and eat. Come back and gave him the keys and said the person changed their mind.

We did that quite a few times. And really put that car through the paces.

Later he traded the car in and got a Chevy Nova. We were like what ? But he really liked his Nova.

A day later he told us the highway patrol called him in the middle of the night. The car was stolen off of the car lot and the title transfer hadn't gone through yet. So they contacted him. The car was dead on the freeway.

Seems that car had a small problem. If it backfired it bent all of the piston rods. Ruining the engine. Which was why he didn't like it. And never told us.

Thankfully we never got stranded in another state with that thing. Was fun while it lasted.

LTG : )

#2876 3 years ago

And she likewise hates my keyboard, complains the buttons stick. (and she knows why...yeah, I am a responsible beer drinker, I never ever drink and drive or anything like that, HELL NO).
    But I do sometimes spill a Natty on my keyboard, and to me it just makes the keyboard feel new again and tight, while she views that as sticky.

You know this is the confessional, therefore you can be honest to why the keyboard is sticky.

#2877 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

you can be honest to why the keyboard is sticky.

beer. Sorry that I could not be funny with that. sshhh.

#2878 3 years ago

Confess that at my time in life i should not be listening to as much aussie hip hop as i do. Don't get me wrong, if they say 'nigger', 'bitch', 'mutherfucker' or whore i turn it off. I'm not into the anger and the excuses, but i do love to listen to them rhyme when they are singing a song about something new and interesting, or just singing about every day things.

Hilltop Hoods, Funkoars, Drapht, The Herd, Butterfingers, Seth Sentry ect seem to fill my playlists much more than they should for an old cunt.

#2879 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that at my time in life i should not be listening to as much aussie hip hop as i do. Don't get me wrong, if they say 'nigger', 'bitch', 'mutherfucker' or whore i turn it off. I'm not into the anger and the excuses, but i do love to listen to them rhyme when they are singing a song about something new and interesting, or just singing about every day things.
    Hilltop Hoods, Funkoars, Drapht, The Herd, Butterfingers, Seth Sentry ect seem to fill my playlists much more than they should for an old cunt.

Wait a second there is Aussie hip hop? I have to see what happens when I say Alexa play Aussie hip hop. First song was some chick singing I lost my mind with a background that sounded like Major Laser. Song 2 was even weirder with the guy saying "people" a lot. I might have liked that one as a kid in the Ace of Bass days. I didn't wait for song three.

#2880 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Wait a second there is Aussie hip hop? I have to see what happens when I say Alexa play Aussie hip hop. First song was some chick singing I lost my mind with a background that sounded like Major Laser. Song 2 was even weirder with the guy saying "people" a lot. I might have liked that one as a kid in the Ace of Bass days. I didn't wait for song three.

Try looking up the bands i've mentioned in the post above. Start with Hilltop hoods.

#2881 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Try looking up the bands i've mentioned in the post above. Start with Hilltop hoods.

I will, I was just busting your balls.

#2882 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Which song would be the best introduction to them?

#2883 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Not a big NWA fan? I admit..I listen to them when I was younger. I will listen to them sometimes while drinking.

#2884 3 years ago

I like instrumental hiphop beats, not the rapping. DJ Muggs made alot of nice instrumental stuff.

#2885 3 years ago

I like the old stuff: Run-DMC, Fat Boys, Houdini, Divine Sounds, etc.

#2886 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Quoted from punkin:

I confess, the first read of the above list, I thought those were some lyrics and I was trying to rhyme them in my head

#2887 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Which song would be the best introduction to them?

I've heard people say, pretty accurately i think, anything that has the word restrung in the title.

#2888 3 years ago

With all that’s going on, and most stores have their bathrooms closed! I confess that I drink my 3rd coffee on the road, grossly paid for public parking n pissed in the parkade! And I really don’t feel bad about it..

#2889 3 years ago

I confess that this is my 1000th post and somehow I don't feel any different than I did before.

#2890 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

With all that’s going on, and most stores have their bathrooms closed! I confess that I drink my 3rd coffee on the road, grossly paid for public parking n pissed in the parkade! And I really don’t feel bad about it..

Good thing you only needed a piss!

#2891 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

I confess that this is my 1000th post and somehow I don't feel any different than I did before.

party.gifparty.gif
    #2892 3 years ago

Thanks......I deserved that.To infinity and beyond.

gettyimages-458540731-612x612 (resized).jpggettyimages-458540731-612x612 (resized).jpg
    #2893 3 years ago

My spelling is so bad, I confuse spell check.

#2894 3 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I travel a lot for work. Gas stations are the place to “go”. Understandably there is some risk going in there but that’s everywhere you go.

I try to find a restroom at the hospitals I go to that are down a hallway most people don’t know about that are likely to be used less.

#2895 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Hey we are tied too! I made my 1,000th a few hours ago.

Now that I have my badge that says I haven’t been moderated in a long time I no longer have to hold back about how I feel about you people.....

Y’all are the best!!!!

#2896 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I travel a lot for work. Gas stations are the place to “go”. Understandably there is some risk going in there but that’s everywhere you go.
    I try to find a restroom at the hospitals I go to that are down a hallway most people don’t know about that are likely to be used less.

Hotel lobby rest rooms...they are usually quiet and very clean. That is a key service point with hotels: cleanliness. I usually stop at the bigger chains.

#2897 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Some gas station washrooms are closed, so your shit outta luck! I’m not an animal, but hey, what are ya gonna do?

#2899 3 years ago

I’ve been home alone with my 4 cats for about a week and I’m so bored I’ve started giving them titles. The yellow cat is the King, little tabby is the Sheriff. Fat black cat is “reincarnated Elvis”.

#2900 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve been home alone with my 4 cats for about a week and I’m so bored I’ve started giving them titles. The yellow cat is the King, little tabby is the Sheriff. Fat black cat is “reincarnated Elvis”.

Zazzy!

TheZazzySubstitution (resized).jpgTheZazzySubstitution (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.