Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 252.
    #2701 3 years ago

Yeah, we've been laughing about it for days. I rang my mate when i got home that night laughing with him. Not smiling much this morning i have to say, tough night.

#2702 3 years ago

We laugh because we care! Now if you would have been hurt bad, not so funny. I just picture you crawling up that embankment over and over, all loaded up....and can relate!

#2703 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

We laugh because we care!

I confess that I have to run to the favorite quote thread because that reminds me of something.

#2704 3 years ago

When there's chicken in the corn... the corn don't grow

#2705 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

When there's chicken in the corn... the corn don't grow

I confess we need a third choice.

1. downvote (I will never downvote)
    2. up vote
    3. ? (a 3rd option for when I do not get it). The ? would be like a neutral I guess?

It would look like: (down arrow) 0 ^1 ?1

#2707 3 years ago

this slaps

#2708 3 years ago

I confess I was about to post in another thread, in response to something I read earlier today, and now it is closed.

Like 3-4 times in the last 10 days this has happened.

If ya'll don't start behaving soon the Lounge will only allow topics like collecting beanie babies.

I am so glad everyone behaves here, hopefully this and the bitch thread can keep surviving.

#2709 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess I was about to post in another thread, in response to something I read earlier today, and now it is closed.

The Ca thread?

You know someone posted a picture in that thread. An image that has caused a tremendous amount of division in this country.

I don’t blame him for posting it. It’s actually my fault that the image made its way here from starting that thread in the first place. Something I’m not proud of.

These contentious threads I start are based on true stories but I purposely add trigger words to get people fired up. Typically you will get a side against my position, then a side in support...then those 2 sides start going at it. No doubt a few of my threads have made some pinsiders on opposite sides of the stage not like each other...and for that I’m sorry.

Why do I do it?

Honestly from all the other negative shit and attitudes I see here which seem to go unchecked...so with that negativity under my skin I say fuck it...I might as well throw some more gas on the fire since this place loves a good blaze right?

To be honest I should have been frozen or blocked from a few of those threads but I usually word them in a way which makes me seem oblivious so I get to slide...even though I know exactly what I’m doing...the Ca thread for instance was really me disturbed by the smoke...but I knew deep down what it would turn into...how it made 13 pages is a miracle.

I’m not posting this looking for upvotes...I just want to apologize for creating division.
    I’ll just stick to threads About men’s restroom dividers from now on

And another sad sight is this list of pinsiders who are listed inactive/frozen/blocked which I compiled from just the 1st page of this thread

Mojo zone
    Canterflank
    Jarjarisgod
    Pin crazed
    Kwikimart
    Odin
    Ika
    Stevep3
    Pinball molly
    Joestro78
    Atomicboy

#2710 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

The Ca thread?
    You know someone posted a picture in that thread. An image that has caused a tremendous amount of division in this country.
    I don’t blame him for posting it. It’s actually my fault that the image made its way here from starting that thread in the first place. Something I’m not proud of.
    These contentious threads I start are based on true stories but I purposely add trigger words to get people fired up. Typically you will get a side against my position, then a side in support...then those 2 sides start going at it. No doubt a few of my threads have made some pinsiders on opposite sides of the stage not like each other...and for that I’m sorry.
    Why do I do it?
    Honestly from all the other negative shit and attitudes I see here which seem to go unchecked...so with that negativity under my skin I say fuck it...I might as well throw some more gas on the fire since this place loves a good blaze right?
    To be honest I should have been frozen or blocked from a few of those threads but I usually word them in a way which makes me seem oblivious so I get to slide...even though I know exactly what I’m doing...the Ca thread for instance was really me disturbed by the smoke...but I knew deep down what it would turn into...how it made 13 pages is a miracle.
    I’m not posting this looking for upvotes...I just want to apologize for creating division.
    And another sad sight is this list of pinsiders who are listed inactive/frozen/blocked which I compiled from just the 1st page of this thread
    Mojo zone
    Canterflank
    Jarjarisgod
    Pin crazed
    Kwikimart
    Odin
    Ika
    Stevep3
    Pinball molly
    Joestro78
    Atomicboy

I confess this PBS Show really helped me to understand what you describe and what’s going on with society... 3 part series and I highly recommend.

900D1903-A9E6-402C-A3FC-E50981B1B164 (resized).jpeg900D1903-A9E6-402C-A3FC-E50981B1B164 (resized).jpeg
    #2711 3 years ago

So, pinball eh? Great eay to spend an afternoon.

#2712 3 years ago

Yeah, that one.

I liked it and wanted to post something else that would have been a tad funny (and neutral).

These contentious threads I start are based on true stories but I purposely add trigger words to get people fired up.

Please keep doing that, it makes this site so much fun!

I just want to apologize for creating division.

You have no reason to apologize for anything.

You do not create division, all you do is expose hot heads that need a time out anyway.

Sadly the USA is divided.

And while I can just read something and roll my eyes, I never respond, no need to, everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I am sick of both sides just being on such a short fuse these days.

I am sick of ads every 5 minutes on TV right now.

Whatever happened to we can just peacefully agree to disagree and hang out and have a beer?

And I confess even the worst hot heads I have seen here we would be ok playing a game and having a beer.

(and that one time), I confess I was trying to stir up some stuff here with my topic called "what is your problem" But all I was really doing was complaining about my knee problems, which thankfully are better at the moment because I have not worked much lately.

I am so glad Pinside has rules and awesome moderators myself.

I want to come here and have fun and hopefully laugh a lot. And sometimes get advice for a problem I have with a game.

I confess I rarely ever look at the top 100 anymore, and before I joined, that and the comments about a game I was thinking about buying was all I looked at.

I confess I hope this site can always be PG13 to R, and never have to go to a G. (is G still a thing, or just "everyone" now)?

This site is 100% fair with giving warnings when you are getting out of bounds.

Either learn from that and chill out a tad, or get a time out.

2020 has been crazy.
    Virus
    worst fires in forever
    storms
    riots
    (shortage of toilet paper for a while).

BUT, there have been a lot of positive things to happen also:
    So many people would love to work from home and they can now.
    With less cars on the road the air is better (or was before the fires)
    Less traffic when you do go out
    Because of staying away from others I have never had to go to the Doc this year, never even had a cold.
    And Robin has been working on ways to make Pinside even better!

And I confess I miss having a dog. Eventually I will have to go to the County pen and bail another inmate out.

And I hope soon LTG can post another pic of Prada in the belly rub position in Dogs Rule!, and tell us another funny story.

(and I promise I will still buy his book, even if he has already posted the whole book here a little at a time).

VERY NICE right now that no more storms expected to develop in the next 5 days, and I hope very soon CA and other places can very soon get rain and anything they need to help with the fires.

Just try to stay positive these days.

PLEASE come here and post something funny or interesting! (and dog pics, damn I want another dog now).

I wish all of you the best!

#2713 3 years ago

I think those dividers should be floor to ceiling and anyone who disagrees with me obviously doesn't know their restroom dividers ...

#2714 3 years ago

Like 3-4 times in the last 10 days this has happened.
    If ya'll don't start behaving soon the Lounge will only allow topics like collecting beanie babies.
    I am so glad everyone behaves here, hopefully this and the bitch thread can keep surviving.

Hey, There's always the corona thread. Same 3 or 4 guys showing graphs of more cases. Usual doom and gloom.

#2715 3 years ago

And I hope soon LTG can post another pic of Prada in the belly rub position in Dogs Rule!, and tell us another funny story.

New story is in the "Share 2020 Halloween decorations, costumes, stories, ideas, and more! " thread.

LTG : )

PradaCR (resized).JPGPradaCR (resized).JPG
    #2716 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

New story is in the "Share 2020 Halloween decorations, costumes, stories, ideas, and more! " thread.

Thanks for the heads up! That was a funny story!

Also THANKS for the belly rub pic! I did a double take, the knees look like boobs at first.

#2717 3 years ago

I confess I’m liking games with a true skill plunge more these days. When I play Gottlieb Atlantis after playing 1934 World’s Series...the ball in the Atlantis feels like a beach ball!

#2718 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Shameless thread plug

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-2020-halloween-decorations-costumes-stories-ideas-and-more#post-5872347

#2719 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! That was a funny story!
    Also THANKS for the belly rub pic! I did a double take, the knees look like boobs at first.

Did you know I have a thing for kneeboobs?

#2720 3 years ago

I confess I’m liking games with a true skill plunge more these days. When I play Gottlieb Atlantis after playing 1934 World’s Series...the ball in the Atlantis feels like a beach ball!

Youd love Rob Zombie then.

#2721 3 years ago

I confess I’m not looking forward to getting my next machine. I’m more concerned about the condition of the building than the game itself. I took this pic earlier today and heading over in an hour with extra people to help....I couldn’t get any closer due to clutter...which will need to be dealt with on my next arrival.

Bringing more than a wrench and dolly to move it though....

36BD3AFD-1F22-4B6C-A855-01C5BB6FC76A (resized).jpeg36BD3AFD-1F22-4B6C-A855-01C5BB6FC76A (resized).jpegBE5CCB7C-C9B2-44DF-90A1-7A1EFCDB159B (resized).jpegBE5CCB7C-C9B2-44DF-90A1-7A1EFCDB159B (resized).jpeg
    #2722 3 years ago

spending time with flipperless pins really makes you appreciate the skill of the perfect plunge!

#2723 3 years ago

Gained access. Time for a break. Lots of animal doo doo in building hopefully not in game.

62F5DD1E-FB06-4136-BFD6-A0AA34F8C3D7 (resized).jpeg62F5DD1E-FB06-4136-BFD6-A0AA34F8C3D7 (resized).jpeg
    #2724 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

spending time with flipperless pins really makes you appreciate the skill of the perfect plunge!

For sure! All a guy has is the plunge and a little nudge here and there.

#2725 3 years ago

I rather listen to Clarkson, Hammond, and May argue about cars, than speak to anyone in my family.

Confession from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#2726 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hey, There's always the corona thread. Same 3 or 4 guys showing graphs of more cases. Usual doom and gloom.

Yeah, I get enough of that watching the local news.

I would love to be funny or witty right now, that is what I like to read.

I am down for the count for now.

Best always!

#2727 3 years ago

I confess a new tradition started here while ago:

The annual cooking/grilling of the very large decoy ribs.

The burn ban ends in a few days, so it was time to celebrate, and the decoy ribs turned out AWESOME! We will be having leftovers tomorrow.

I confess I know I need to slow down and explain all this better:

Burn Ban: From what I remember this started about time the Olympics was coming here, (I hope I can say that O word here, so much is trademarked and whatever these days).

I thought the burn ban would go away after the O word left town, but it never did.

Our burn ban runs from May 1 to September 30.

You can not burn anything outdoors during that time.

BUT, you can have a fire outdoors if you are cooking.

So here is when what my girlfriend labeled the decoy ribs came into play.

(because me and my friends split a whole lot of firewood here, like 40 cords a year for our personal use, the splitter does accumulate a lot of small scraps that need to be burned). (it does not work to store all that scrap for a long time, I need fires here).

Anyway, I am tight with food costs, and when my girlfriend seen that rack of ribs (huge, like a Flintstone cartoon), she said I can not believe you bought that for us!

I said I did not buy this for us at the moment, but if the Fire Department wants to show up and fine me $500 for burning during the burning ban, I have proof that I need a fire this big to cook this large rack of ribs, and they can not say one word about any fire that is used for cooking.

LOOPHOLE! (sorry)

I confess I have had a lot of fun with this for months now. My girlfriend would ask what we were having for dinner, and I would say ribs if the fire department shows up and stays until I put them on the grate over the fire.

AND, I could have cooked any time anyway and it would be fine, oak, hickory, and pecan wood scraps was all I burned.

I never burn "trash", that is highly illegal, but year round the a$$holes behind me burn all their plastic trash and whatever and stink up the area.

Anytime I burn, or cook outdoors, my smoke smells like what a great BBQ place has coming out of their chimney. I never burn trash like others around here does.

(idiots sometimes even are throwing aerosol cans on their fires and shoots like a missal and ends up in my yard).

And I confess I was totally, well not totally, but a tad lazy with the decoy ribs while ago.

I boiled them on the stove for a hour, and then put them on a outside fire with charcoal and pecan scraps, and put sweet sauce on them while outdoors, and man they were super tender and super tasty.

I am no angel, but at least while I burn year round I am burning legal stuff to burn, and never any plastic or other crap the people behind me burns.

I can, and will throw a big rack of ribs anytime on a fire I start.

ANYWAY, please check your local code before you burn anything!

A few years ago tenants at a rental house left a lot of stuff and I was just going to pile it out back and burn it. I had already bought diesel fuel to get it going.

I told my uncle about that. He said hell no, you could get a big fine. Well, I still planned on doing what I was going to do, already had everything in a pile ready to burn the next day, BUT, after a few beers I researched a tad, and seen where I could get fined 1500.00 and jail time, for what just 300.00 to the dump would cost.

AND, when I did not light the fire, but instead started loading on trailers for the dump, I heard some neighbors say "we thought he was about to burn that".

It turned out that tenant really sucked and I did not know it, I was using a sorry property manager at the time that I did not know how bad they were until it was too late.

Anyway, I am so glad my uncle gave me a heads up.

The neighbors there still called the county and I got a warning about people parking on the grass, while making repairs on that house, so yeah they were just looking for any way to mess with me.

And all along I had no clue how bad that tenant was, I was using a property manager.

Turns out that tenant had already let his power bill go, and was using a very loud generator 24 hours a day. Everyone in the area was looking to draw blood. And I never had a clue, until almost too late.

And I confess I am still worried about posting some stuff here I would like to share, because FUNNY!

When LTG was posting about the pumpkins, I started thinking maybe I could post more also.

I confess I was a tad afraid to post this decoy rib post, but at the same time there is no way it could ever be proved if I am just burning wood scraps during a burn ban with no intention of actually cooking.

And I hope this has also inspired others to think outside the box and look at loopholes for what you need to do.

JUST be very careful. If you get caught burning treated wood(any wood that is not natural tree waste), you can get a big fine. (I do not do that). (well, if no one is looking I may burn that pallet the last game came here on. ssshhh).

IF, around here anyway, they just see a scrap piece of a 2x4 or plywood, etc, you may get a fine of 1000.00 in the mail.

My uncle knows someone that has received one of these fines in the mail.

And another awesome reason I ran wood fence around my yard, so no nosy assholes can see what I do anyway.

It is always one thing or another out to mess up our day anymore.

And 100%, anyone that reads this should read their local codes before doing any outdoor burning.

#2728 3 years ago

Confess that i'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the new wall mount breathalyzer into the Sunday Silverball competition.
    I'm thinking it will probably be in the form of a challenge, being anyone who misses out on a spot in the final during a playoff can challenge the winner to do a breathtest and if it's under a number to be determined they forfeit the spot to the challenger.

Too bad for designated drivers. Mwaaawwhaaahhaa

breath1 (resized).jpgbreath1 (resized).jpg

I further confess that i've already entered the breathalyzer omnto the touch screen high score kiosk for guests.

breath4 (resized).jpgbreath4 (resized).jpg

#2729 3 years ago

I confess when I was very young I thought Wilma Flintstone had a cute butt.

58F01B32-1B0C-45E3-A98F-157BA85AF176 (resized).jpeg58F01B32-1B0C-45E3-A98F-157BA85AF176 (resized).jpeg
    #2730 3 years ago

I am so glad that there are several things here we can not talk about.

I see all that everyday in real life on tv, and nice to just chill here.

I do lean a certain way, but at the end of the day the last 50+ years have been 100% fine for me no matter what was going on at the time.

I have never spent a dime on any person running for any office.

My neighbor with different views spends like 40k a year on a person running for office.

We get along great, but I do have to roll my eyes about all that money wasted that could have gone to pins, or your retirement or something.

I confess it blows my mind how so many people spend money on other things and not pins.

And yeah, for a while I wasted money on beer. I was buying the higher dollar ones and even having them in nice restaurants.

And I confess now my knees are saying that I was a dumbass, had I only started having cheap Natty earlier, and stayed away from the nice places, I could be totally retired now with that money saved.

AND actually no, I do not regret going to nice places, but I do confess I wish I had of not went as many times.

When I was younger I used to love cleaning gutters, I mean 70 bucks for less than a hour of work, hell yeah!

NOW I will not even climb a ladder because my knees are messed up from all that. Now I pay someone else to clean the gutters on my rental houses and my house.

And now they are happy and making good money like I used to. It all has came full circle.

I confess I believe in karma. Karma will bite you in the ass.

And I am pretty sure that I have been super awesome for such a long time with no plans to ever be negative again that I should be ok now.

And I confess that I hope that I do not get in trouble for this, but I am so damn tired of ads on tv from both sides that I wish any person, company, or whatever would stop spending all that money on this stuff and instead buy a pin for themselves, or if a company, buy games for their employees or just give them a raise.

MOST pins are a good investment, with ok resell value.

I wish everyone would just invest in pins, or something, instead of spending any money on anything that causes me to have to see the same ads on tv over and over.

And I approve this post, because I hope it is funny to you, and I am not running for anything. (except the bathroom, hot wings did it to me again). (getting old sucks).

#2731 3 years ago

I confess that I have never once watched a horror movie, because I'm too wimpy, and scary things scare me.

#2732 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I have never once watched a horror movie, because I'm too wimpy, and scary things scare me.

As my uncle says "why would I want to pay someone to scare me"? Says the same thing about haunted houses.

#2733 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess that I have never once watched a horror movie

I confess that a really good horror movie can give me dreams that later wake me up at night, and I like it!

Everyone thinks I am nuts, but I do like either a scary dream, or a dream about finding lots of money.

(my favorite dreams though are about either I am flying in the sky with birds, or swimming with the fish and I can breath underwater).

Please try to watch something scary, and then go outside in the dark, and that deer in the woods, that is only a deer in the woods will give you a cool rush of being scared.

Some movies if too real can make me sick, but really even a bad movie is better than reality sometimes.

#2734 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Says the same thing about haunted houses.

I did those for free at Cedar Point a while back, but hell no I would never pay a dime for a haunted house.

#2735 3 years ago

I used to love going to haunted houses many years ago.

There was a really great one in St. Paul back then. A two story huge building. Usually a long wait to get in. They hooked you to a chain in groups of about ten. And two guides led you through the haunted house. One at the front of the line and one at the rear.

One time we are hooked up. A couple groups back waiting to be led through. A huge monster with big lizard fangs mask beat up a small monster and stuffed it in a port-a-potty. I thought it was part of the act until the little monster screamed, it was a girl. I was surprised the staff and security guards didn't do anything.

Then this big monster starts working his way down the line of groups. Got to our group, and I said "oh great, here it comes". He came right up to me and said, "you got a problem ?". I twanged one of his fangs with my finger and said no.

Then he got mad, all in my face. Threatening me, etc. I told him, "look, if you are half as bad as you think you are. I'd already be flat on the ground. Shut the F up and stay away from me. I'm not some little girl you stuff in a port-a-potty".

This enraged him. He said, "I'll see you at the swamp".

So off we go into the haunted house. Up stairs we get to the swamp. Our two guides left. I'm thinking they ain't supposed to leave us. Okay, here comes the big monster. Right up to me. Pushing me, yelling, screaming. I ignored him. Like I never seen this before.

All of a sudden two cops come running up, asking, "where's the fight ?".

I unhooked myself from the chain and went over to them. I explained how this monster beat up a small female monster downstairs and stuffed her in a port-a-potty. No body did anything about it. I explained what happened in line downstairs. And now here we are at the swamp. I ignored him, didn't say or do anything. He came at me looking for trouble. And our guides left to come get you, in case it was going bad for the big monster at that point.

I told them that as they could see, there was no fight going on. They questioned the other people who corroborated what I said. Then the guides came back. I did tell the cops that if it was okay with them that I'd drag him outside and kick the living daylights out of him, if they wanted. They said they couldn't let me do that.

Organizers of the haunted house were called in. The big monster and two guides were fired immediately. They got us two new guides and off we went to finish the tour of the haunted house.

Great times !

#2736 3 years ago

I confess, last week I came home early after a dental appointment that went faster than expected. I was just going to take the rest of the day off to relax. One of my daughters was home sick (didn't look sick while watching her favorite show). My daughter said my wife will be home in 30 minutes (thought she would be working longer). I immediately ordered Chinese online, picked it up, and went back to work for 2 hrs.

#2737 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I confess, last week I came home early after a dental appointment that went faster than expected. I was just going to take the rest of the day off to relax. One of my daughters was home sick (didn't look sick while watching her favorite show). My daughter said my wife will be home in 30 minutes (thought she would be working longer). I immediately ordered Chinese online, picked it up, and went back to work for 2 hrs.

she sounds lovely!

#2738 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

she sounds lovely!

They are, I was just hoping for some peace and quit, which I have at my office.

#2739 3 years ago

Mac Davis just died, and I confess I still like that song he did "stop and smell the roses".

I confess that when I get to that point on youtube, it has been a big time Natty night!

And I confess after a few too many I want to sing everything myself, and I do youtube karoke.

I am a legend in my own mind after a few.

As far as the Cedar Point haunted houses, my gf at the time though she liked all that, and she ended up peeing herself 12 times that night. I was laughing my ass off.

She was wanting to go to real haunted places, we did go to the Shankshaw prison, and I said hell no, real people in costume you are terrified, and I do not want to go to somewhere real and take a chance of that coming back home with me.

Real stuff terrifies me, fake stuff no.

I already have a ghost here, in my house. I think it is my grand dad. So far 4 people have noticed it.

A rare thing though, like maybe 4 times a year.

But it is protective of me, I love that ghost.

My first known experience with it, it actually hugged me. I turned around thinking a gf had slipped in here and hugged me.

A very nice hug! I turned around and there was no one there.

Made me start thinking about other weird stuff, like things getting moved that I knew I did not move.

I totally seen everything in a new way that day.

My gf at the time came by later that night and I was telling her about all that.

She just rolled her eyes.

Suddenly my cigarette lighter went flying across the table, I never touched it, no one visible touched it.

Then she said Wow, this explains a lot, I thought I have been going crazy with stuff getting moved around here of mine that I knew there was no way you did that.

Anyway, 99% sure the ghost of my Grand Dad visits me about 4-7 days a year.

He died young and tragic. He was a painter, and while he was on a ladder a car ran into the ladder and he could not be saved. I was 5 at the time.

I also found out later that he big time loved me and my parents, and he was ready to leave Grand Mom, and he wanted to just divorce her and move in with us before the accident.

I can 99% say, he did, as a ghost.

I confess I can sometimes sense where he is, and if I need something I don't need it that bad, I will go back later when I feel that I will not bother the ghost.

The ghost gave me the best hug I have ever had in my life. I was 31 at the time.

I confess once I thought about calling one of those ghost tv shows here, HELL NO!

I am pretty sure this is my Grand Dad, and he is happy, and I am happy!

AND! My bestest ever girlfriend is here right now, and just looked over my shoulder, and said oh, you are writing a book about the ghost.

She knows all about the ghost. Early on the ghost sat next to her on the bed and hugged her! She thought it was me, I was not even on the same floor of the house.

I love the ghost. My worst girlfriend ever it scared her so much she never wanted to come back here.

I confess that this is the most personal story I will ever post here.

And you will never see me on tv, at least not any ghost stuff.

Yeah, I make a lot of late night ramblings on here, but I hope everyone reads this! (except tv show people).

#2740 3 years ago

AND! My bestest ever girlfriend is here right now, and just looked over my shoulder, and said oh, you are writing a book about the ghost.

And I confess while I was typing that I was afraid she would get ticked that I was talking about ex-girlfriends also on here.

And that time when she had a experience, she was freaked out, but not totally running out the door or anything, but almost in tears because she thought I had sat down next to her, and I was upstairs at the time.

I told her all I know at that point.

I never sensed the ghost that day, only she did.

I have not noticed it much in a while.

I confess that even though it gave me the best hug I have ever had that one time, and later it basically threw a cigarette lighter across the table, I am afraid of it, not that I think it would ever hurt me, but just the overall surprise of something unexpected.

And now the ghost may be back looking over my shoulder, all of a sudden, first time I have sensed it in a while.

The room just got a tad cooler and a odd feel to it.

BOO! (sorry, had to do that), but I am not joking, and this is not Natty talk. The room just did change.

And the first time I ever seen a Ouija board in a horror movie, I thought hell yeah, I need one of those so grand dad can talk to me.

Then after the horror movie was off, I said hell no, no guarantee this is actually my Grand Dad doing this.

Because of what I have felt and seen I 100% believe in ghosts.

I can even sense what room it is in, and I stay away.

But not a everyday thing, it takes it in spells. (no pun intended).

At most 4 days in a year, and all random, and sometimes years go by without a episode.

And I confess a few years ago I had planned to take my girlfriend to Cedar Point for the haunted houses just to see if she would pee herself like the ex did, and I was in a accident, my friend hit me in the chest with a backhoe bucket and I was messed up for a while and we never made it.

And not long after that a chainsaw got me and I had to have a dozen stitches on my knee. lucky me.

I can 100% confess that crap I do for a living is a whole lot more dangerous than this ghost living in my house.

And it drives me nuts that my girlfriend gets nuts because I have everything here in the same place all the time, and if she puts anything in the wrong place I quickly move it back. (yeah, I am a idiot with that).

BUT, one main thing the ghost loves to do is move crap around, so I constantly deal with that. (thank God so far it has never made my car keys too hard to find).

And it was super cool how last night my girlfriend just said "oh, you are writing a book about the ghost", after it had scared the crap out of her that time, but yet she sensed all was fine.

I confess some people not even trying to scare anyone scares me a whole lot more than any ghost or man made haunted house.

And I have never told anyone about the ghost here, unless they felt it, or seen something crazy.

Never a power of suggestion thing for someone to just sense something.

When I was younger I thought I had been in some UFO crazy stuff.

AS I got older and seen and felt and sensed more I realized all that was just a ghost.

Although it freaks me out sometimes with random stuff, it is cool that it is around sometimes. I wish it, and all of you the best!

#2741 3 years ago

And now the ghost may be back looking over my shoulder, all of a sudden, first time I have sensed it in a while.

I confess I generally don't believe in ghosts, but when I read about someone's personal experience like this, I sometimes get chills and find it much more believable. My mom has a similar ghost story about living in a house where she saw a ghostly apparition with a shaft of light crossing the upstairs corridor. Later she found out the old man that use to live there had a long flashlight he would use at night to go from his bedroom to the bathroom in that corridor. Creepy.

#2742 3 years ago

I recommend that johnnypinball start a thread dedicated to Ghosts... “The Ghost Host”

#2743 3 years ago

I really don't know if I believe in ghosts or not. On the one hand, I've never experienced anything to make me not believe in them, but then, I've never experienced anything to make me believe that they do exist. But I do confess that when I hear these accounts, I'm definitely more inclined to believe that they are real. I will say, though, that I do believe that there is something out there which cannot be officially "proven" but nevertheless exists. If that is considered a "ghost" then yes, I guess I do believe in ghosts. Call it what you like.

On a different note, I also confess that I prefer plain old cheese pizza more than having any toppings.
    Also, please excuse me if this does not make sense. I'm still a little sleepy

#2744 3 years ago

I confess I really really like drop targets....especially ones in a row like EBD and Metallica.

#2745 3 years ago

I confess. I've lost a few girlfriends. Weirdest one was this.

During Halloween season many years ago. Took a girlfriend to one. At the entrance a little old lady that reminded me of my mother, was selling chances to win a hearse. 5 for $1. For charity.

So what the heck. I gave her the $1 and she gave me five slips of paper to fill in. I filled in one. Gave the other four to the girlfriend.

After Halloween she calls me up. All excited. She won the hearse !

I had visions of using it the next year to go haunted housing with.

She had visions of I have a car now and don't need him.

Never heard from her again.

#2746 3 years ago

I confess I still look up how to spell words like schadenfreude and vacuum

#2747 3 years ago

I confess today I learned people are sometimes sensitive about their rare games or rare collectibles.

I don’t care, stick me in front of a TAF and I’m happy. I had to have someone point out to me in my own home I own a sample game without even knowing it. I now enjoy it just as much as I did before.

#2748 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I confess I still look up how to spell words like schadenfreude and vacuum

There is definately at least one word I always spell wrong and now you see how I spell it.

#2749 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I confess. I've lost a few girlfriends. Weirdest one was this.
    During Halloween season many years ago. Took a girlfriend to one. At the entrance a little old lady that reminded me of my mother, was selling chances to win a hearse. 5 for $1. For charity.
    So what the heck. I gave her the $1 and she gave me five slips of paper to fill in. I filled in one. Gave the other four to the girlfriend.
    After Halloween she calls me up. All excited. She won the hearse !
    I had visions of using it the next year to go haunted housing with.
    She had visions of I have a car now and don't need him.
    Never heard from her again.

Did she paint it white and bust ghosts? Or was it just a an EXTRA EXTRA creepy version of a van with shag carpeting in the back?

#2750 3 years ago

I confess this thread is enjoyable

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.