Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 251.
    #2651 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

In late Summer of 1972 my Mother was looking to have her own business again

Thank you for taking the time to write your story. I can picture it in my head. Great history. Great stuff. It's also very cool that you supported your mother. Cheers mate.

#2652 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

Thank you for taking the time to write your story. I can picture it in my head. Great history. Great stuff. It's also very cool that you supported your mother. Cheers mate.

Thank you my friend !

That also started the one year I went to work for an operator. My Mother bought it with my help. I also covered some of the bills there and at home. To help get us rolling.

In February 1979 my Mother sold me her interests in it. Helped out part time until October 1987 when she retired full time. And I started working it all the time.

LTG : )

#2653 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

My Mother bought it with my help.

Sorry I have to be short at the moment, but that is AWESOME!

I also helped my Mom a lot, I have purchased 2 brand new cars in my life, and both of them were for my Mom.

Mom is still driving the last new one now.

Mom always tells everyone what a awesome son I have been, and LTG, I am sure you have heard that many times also!

I confess I wish we could all just help each other these days, like we used to.

And LTG is the king of helping, no matter what he has always been here helping.

And I confess while ago a topic came up that I was about to joke I was ready to get my popcorn.

But that is the old me, and there is a new me that just said hell no, I will not have anything to do with that topic.

I confess I am so glad this site has rules, and moderators checking in and doing a awesome job.

I love it when I can just read posts on here and just give a thumbs up.

I confess, sometimes I want to give a thumbs up, but not sure I understand fully, so I go back later to see if others have approved.

I never said I was very smart, sometimes I wait for others to also approve something.

And it would be awesome if not only LTG could tell some more AWESOME! stories here, but also maybe a daily pic of Prada in the Dogs Rule!

(and maybe soon I can get a smartphone and a rescue dog myself). And do more here.

(and yeah, I am still not sure about that pine bark thing, only seems to bug me after a few beers).

GOODNIGHT PINSIDE! I wish all of us the best always!

#2654 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Sorry I have to be short at the moment, but that is AWESOME!
    I also helped my Mom a lot, I have purchased 2 brand new cars in my life, and both of them were for my Mom.
    Mom is still driving the last new one now.
    Mom always tells everyone what a awesome son I have been, and LTG, I am sure you have heard that many times also!
    I confess I wish we could all just help each other these days, like we used to.
    And LTG is the king of helping, no matter what he has always been here helping.
    And I confess while ago a topic came up that I was about to joke I was ready to get my popcorn.
    But that is the old me, and there is a new me that just said hell no, I will not have anything to do with that topic.
    I confess I am so glad this site has rules, and moderators checking in and doing a awesome job.
    I love it when I can just read posts on here and just give a thumbs up.
    I confess, sometimes I want to give a thumbs up, but not sure I understand fully, so I go back later to see if others have approved.
    I never said I was very smart, sometimes I wait for others to also approve something.
    And it would be awesome if not only LTG could tell some more AWESOME! stories here, but also maybe a daily pic of Prada in the Dogs Rule!
    (and maybe soon I can get a smartphone and a rescue dog myself). And do more here.
    (and yeah, I am still not sure about that pine bark thing, only seems to bug me after a few beers).
    GOODNIGHT PINSIDE! I wish all of us the best always!

I confess I have really boring dreams. Last night I had a dream I was waiting around at an airport just picking dirt out of my nails. Which doesn’t make sense because I don’t keep them long enough for that to be possible.

Anyway, my ma still drives. The heat hardly works at all but she won’t get a new vehicle because she likes the seat in hers so much and all the new vehicles are uncomfortable. I tend to agree on that part. She doesn’t drive much at all anymore so I don’t think it should be that big of a deal. But a few weeks out of the year the cold weather can be life or death if you get stuck for awhile.

I’m trying to think of the first time LTG helped me, what game it was and what the problem was. I think it involved his generosity involving a bushing or fuse. I actually have a part I’ve been meaning to bring by for him but still a little hesitant to stop in even though I now live closer to SS billiards. I don’t come in direct contact with COVID people for work but I worry I’m a likely carrier so I’m choosy where I go these days not wanting to be a spreader. Those I do visit with I know they’ve already had it. I wouldn’t be able to turn down a kiss from Prada either.

Yeah mods are pretty ontop of things here which keeps the place clean. I mean we are here for pinball first and foremost. There are plenty of forums out there to talk about other things.

I was going to talk more but I confess there is no food in the house and I need to get fed before setting up some games. Anxious to see if my Card Wiz I bought even works. I have no idea.

#2655 3 years ago

I confess that my 10x10 storage unit is full, my basement is full, I have one pin on location, another pin loaned out to a friend, and I’m leaving in an hour to pick up a Jungle Queen. And my wife is actually coming with me this time (a first)!!

#2656 3 years ago

I confess I've been reading about how vibrant secular democracies fall to authoritarian theocratic rule.

#2657 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I confess I've been reading about how vibrant secular democracies fall to authoritarian theocratic rule.

I would so much love to have a conversation about this but I’m happy to not have any modded posts. It’s actually quite fascinating how this takes place every time.

#2659 3 years ago

I confess that I have gotten rather bored with the TV shows lately. A couple of weeks ago I came across Bob Ross' "The Joy of Painting" show on internet TV. I'm really digging it. I keep it on most of the time now. That dude could really do magic on the canvas!

#2660 3 years ago

I confess my girlfriend just went back to her house for the night, and I am glad she did.

(no fight or anything, she will be back in 15 hours).

#2661 3 years ago

Apart from RBION, this is the only time I have heard this phrase.

#2662 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

In February 1979 my Mother sold me her interests in it. Helped out part time until October 1987 when she retired full time. And I started working it all the time.

Please continue, is this the place you are still at?

Or did other things happen that you moved again?

(and dog rules! has been dead today), hopefully soon you can also revive that!

It is so awesome how you were always there for your Mom!

That is what a good son does.

Please keep sharing all your stories.

And Thank You again for all the help and advice you give here!

(and as soon as things going on calm down a bit, it is on my bucket list to play all the pins you have in your business, and give Prada plenty of belly rubs).

I love dogs, but after Stubbs (named by the pound, a dog we rescued) was so suddenly and violently taken away by coyotes, I am not ready for another dog yet, so another one ever has to deal with that tragedy.

I thought my yard was 100% secure and safe.

It has been a while and we are still heartbroken over this.

I hope to soon be able to go rescue a dog, and have a much better coyote proof area for it when I can not keep a eye out every second it is outside.

Coyotes suck. And what is up with that anyway?

Just in the last few years suddenly they are all over the place.

For about 50 years of my life a coyote was just something in a Looney Tune cartoon, and now they are real and kill our pets?

It is awesome Prada can be safe and in the game room.

As soon as I can be with a dog and protect it 24 hours a day I want to go to the pound and rescue one again.

#2663 3 years ago

Anyway, I confess that it still amazes me how a NIB pinball machine can fit in a box that size. (the box just looks too small to me).

And so much fun reading the instructions setting one up, and taking the glass off to remove all packing material on the playfield.

And I confess, after 800-1600 plays and I am tired of it, it has been awesome meeting people here and passing on a game to them for a great deal to them.

And now I just love to goof off on Pinside, more than even playing any game.

#2664 3 years ago

Please continue, is this the place you are still at?

Same place. I'm still there.

LTG : )

#2665 3 years ago

I confess I am so glad we have spell check here, because after a few beers posts may would look like:

I cunfoss: ewhi lwlhid hwill hhdkds

hlds hllww hlhdslsd skskds.

(and my mind is warped). I actually went to bed, and thought this was funny while almost asleep, and I had to get back up and post it.

Too many times when my body is ready to go to sleep, my mind says hold on a minute, this may be funny and I need to go back and post this.

GOODNIGHT!

(I promise this time).

#2666 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I confess, I don’t care.

#2667 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I confess, I don’t care.

weird flex but I hope that makes you feel better

#2668 3 years ago

I've got a little clown vomit in my Paragon, and I like it.

A Rainbow Sherbert Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#2669 3 years ago

I confess that the next time I see 400+ new posts in the Deep Root Thread again I will never ever try to read all that again, and instead I will just skip to the last page.

#2670 3 years ago

And I confess that while ago I told my girlfriend that once this virus stuff gets under control we are making a road trip to MN to go to a very fun arcade.

#2671 3 years ago

And I confess that while ago I told my girlfriend that once this virus stuff gets under control we are making a road trip to MN to go to a very fun arcade.

See you soon.....hopefully

#2672 3 years ago

And I may have already confessed this, but I will confess it again:

I love the 6 foot markers in stores.

I used to get so damn tired of people bumping into me while I was in a line standing still waiting on the line to move.

And if they were smaller than me I would say what is your problem?

If they were bigger than me I kept my mouth shut.

(90% of the time I had to keep my mouth shut, I am not very big and I am getting old).

And while I try to stay safe and smart, why does any woman I ever date have to try to start crap that I may have to diffuse?

Most of the time my girlfriend is very awesome, but sometimes she makes a loud comment at the wrong time and I just roll my eyes and say really? That is your fight you just started, I do not start any fights.

And it is not only girlfriends, but also at one time most of my friends have made a dumb comment out loud at the wrong time and I have just rolled my eyes. (do not even try to drag me into something stupid you just started).

I confess that I try to avoid any conflict, and just get along.

I can stand tall if needed, but I hate being around anyone that just provokes anything.

I confess that I wish that everyone I knew was just as chilled out as I am.

#2673 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

I've got a little clown vomit in my Paragon, and I like it.
    A Rainbow Sherbert Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

LMAO I have no idea what this means but it's hilarious

#2674 3 years ago

I confess I don't miss working in my office one bit and might spend the rest of my career working from home.

#2675 3 years ago

I confess that while walking home from my mate's last night, drunk and stoned, through the industrial area, I fell 15 or 20' down an open muddy drain.

I din't think i was going to be able to get out and that i'd have to suffer through the ignominy of calling for help. But after catching my wind and gingerly rolling over to all 4's, i was able to have 3 or 4 goes at clambering up the bank and falling back down until i was finally successful.

I also confess that it's been quite some time, thankfully since i woke up stuck to the sheets. I'm also sore and bruised all over.

Photo evidence, i'll get a pic of the drain later when i return to the scene.

#2676 3 years ago

ouch!!

#2677 3 years ago

I confess that I don't really give a shit about deeproot anymore. It's not like I hate them, or have a problem with them postponing their game announcement, I just flat out don't care. Especially with all the negativity in the deeproot thread. I'm just going to ignore it and wait until I can play one of their games myself, then see what I think.

#2678 3 years ago

This summer they were replacing the sewer lines on our street, probably 15 feet down? Some drunk student decided to climb the pit fence for fun and got stuck down in the hole, and I think had to be rescued by firefighters.

I'm sorry for your ouchies, but I hoped you snapped a selfie from when climbed out victorious

#2679 3 years ago

My guess is that most people that say “this tastes like sh*t” have never really tasted it.

#2680 3 years ago

I confess. I want to buy a Super Kixx to place next to my Super Chexx, but I think it is actually the same game with a foot vs. a stick.

#2681 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

This summer they were replacing the sewer lines on our street, probably 15 feet down? Some drunk student decided to climb the pit fence for fun and got stuck down in the hole, and I think had to be rescued by firefighters.
    I'm sorry for your ouchies, but I hoped you snapped a selfie from when climbed out victorious

That was an earlier confession. I've never taken a selfie in my life (pic of leg or arm notwithstanding).

#2682 3 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

I confess. I want to buy a Super Kixx to place next to my Super Chexx, but I think it is actually the same game with a foot vs. a stick.

I confess to owning a Super Chexx, a Super Kixx, and a Turbo Drive all at one time in my collecting past. The ICE Trifecta of bubble games!

#2683 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

That was an earlier confession. I've never taken a selfie in my life (pic of leg or arm notwithstanding).

If you were wearing that kilt in your avatar, I can see how your leg got so scraped up!

#2684 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

b1f6299540e6af0cb2e5ff18c7b51f05 (resized).jpgb1f6299540e6af0cb2e5ff18c7b51f05 (resized).jpg
    #2685 3 years ago

I confess I'm not sure about this retirement thing.It's been 3 months.All I seem to do is drink wine,smoke weed,watch sports,listen to the Grateful Dead,wander around my forest property and drink beer.I don't get it.

#2686 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

I confess I'm not sure about this retirement thing.It's been 3 months.All I seem to do is drink wine,smoke weed,watch sports,listen to the Grateful Dead,wander around my forest property and drink beer.I don't get it.

Sounds good to me..just mix in a lil golf & a lil nookie, you’ll be living the dream!

#2687 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

Give yourself some good purpose. New projects/ hobbies and volunteer work comes to mind.

I do all of those things too (no longer smoke weed) but that would get old day in day out. But I still enjoy my career....most of the time.

I’ll confess my interest in sports is heading downhill fast. Not just because Vikings are 0-2 I gave up on them many seasons ago.

#2688 3 years ago

I confess I've been staying up way too late on here lately and need to get my sleep. So...Good Night Pinside! Have a great night. You're awesome. I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully with some stories from LTG and JohnnyPinball007 .

#2689 3 years ago

I sometimes dream of playing pinball

#2690 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I confess to owning a Super Chexx, a Super Kixx, and a Turbo Drive all at one time in my collecting past. The ICE Trifecta of bubble games!

I didn’t know about Turbo Drive! I hope ICE makes it again! That looks like a fun game.

#2691 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Real men don't take selfies!!

#2693 3 years ago

For the last year or so I have been selling off a bunch of my arcade game collection under the guise that “I am out of space”.
    At least that’s what I have been telling my wife.
    Only problem is that every time a few arcade games leave I wind up replacing them with a pin.
    I keep telling myself “I’m making room”.
    I’m still keeping all my favorite arcade games, as well as all the really early black and white games (which I really like).
    I look at it like this. When you can sell a couple of arcade games and buy something like a really nice solid state with the money, it only makes sense to do so.
    It’s just not solving the space issue though.

#2694 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

oh sorry, "a manly photography to document the aggressive and masculine adventures"!

#2695 3 years ago

I went back and had a look where i fell down yesterday, i am a very lucky man. I'll take the camera and tape measure with me tomorroew, but i missed a large concrete ledge by a foot or two that would of been life threatening. How i got out of it without broken bones i'll never know.

You don't expect to fall 12 to 15' off the edge of the footpath down an unfenced hole in a kerb and guttered street.

#2696 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I went back and had a look where i fell down yesterday, i am a very lucky man. I'll take the camera and tape measure with me tomorroew, but i missed a large concrete ledge by a foot or two that would of been life threatening. How i got out of it without broken bones i'll never know.
    You don't expect to fall 12 to 15' off the edge of the footpath down an unfenced hole in a kerb and guttered street.

Damn....
    Glad you’re ok.

#2697 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

differences (resized).jpgdifferences (resized).jpg
    #2698 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

[quoted image]

I agree never have in my life.

#2699 3 years ago

Took the tape measure round, it's 3.3m or 11' drop looked larger from the bottom when i had to crawl out bleeding and bruised in the dark.

Not a good shot, but you can see the big concrete ledge that i missed somehow. If i'd landed on that i would not have got out under my own steam.

leg4 (resized).jpgleg4 (resized).jpg

leg5 (resized).jpgleg5 (resized).jpg

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

#2700 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Took the tape measure round, it's 3.3m or 11' drop looked larger from the bottom when i had to crawl out bleeding and bruised in the dark.
    Not a good shot, but you can see the big concrete ledge that i missed somehow. If i'd landed on that i would not have got out under my own steam.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

LMFAO!!!!!

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/54?hl=tpoeckh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.