Topic Stats

• 2,652 posts
  • 579 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 144 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CF60DC1C-E474-4383-93C7-C8E8CBDFCC04 (resized).jpeg
301B45E0-75ED-40C4-83A0-149162F3A829 (resized).jpeg
pirateltg (resized).jpg
Mewithhair (resized).jpg
IMG_6374 (resized).jpg
canon 130 111 (resized).JPG
Woodrails (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1599084432910 (resized).jpg
7D675E42-3120-4EA7-8418-20315535C466 (resized).png
danaprada2 (resized).jpg
dont1 (resized).jpg
troll2 (resized).jpg
A2EE61AB-234B-4C0F-A3C4-F3B0439942C3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_52391 (resized).png
Screenshot_20200417-163116_GroupMe (resized).jpg
baby2 (resized).jpg

There are 2652 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 54.
#2601 4 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Close, only 14. and at the moment I would be fine being single again.
A real shame she loves all the games, but has to come in here with a attitude.
And if anyone actually does read the long shit I post, normally I am trying to be funny, but the funny stuff is in between all the other rant stuff.
Damn she is awesome so much of the time, and lives just 3 doors down on the other side of the lake on the next street over.
But she may have to go soon, I am getting tired of that attitude, and being accused of shit I have not done just because I am wearing a shirt she has never seen before or something stupid.
I am the same as always, she is going nuts.
She thinks even I am talking to females on here, (I wish). No females here, just kill me now.
Damn I was hoping to keep enjoying life with her, but hell no, I am tired of being accused of crap I have not even thought about doing, and she is just getting way too nutty for me to deal with.

This is a song I’ve seen sung by many guys. If it’s not a shit test it’s a jealously issue with your happiness being validated by something that isn’t her. I can go on but it’s usually stuff people aren’t wanting to hear.

A person can walk away with two legs just as easily as a pinball can walk away with four. Be careful.

#2602 4 days ago

And if anyone actually does read the long shit I post, normally I am trying to be funny, but the funny stuff is in between all the other rant stuff.
Damn she is awesome so much of the time, and lives just 3 doors down on the other side of the lake on the next street over.
But she may have to go soon, I am getting tired of that attitude, and being accused of shit I have not done just because I am wearing a shirt she has never seen before or something stupid.
She thinks even I am talking to females on here, (I wish). No females here, just kill me now.
Damn I was hoping to keep enjoying life with her, but hell no, I am tired of being accused of crap I have not even thought about doing, and she is just getting way too nutty for me to deal with.

Not to stick my nose in but your happiness is/should be #1 before hers. Ive seen this story repeated several times over the last decades. Ive bought several pins from people whose spouse wants them gone because too much attention is paid to them (pinballs). What she is doing is a huge warning sign for the future. Chances are if you put her in her place she will apologize and the process will repeat itself again. Just hope it isnt after the wedding. good luck/ life too short to be unhappy and tip toeing around a nutjob.

#2603 3 days ago

Simple pinball confession: I play my 3 EMs way more than the rest of my pins lately.

#2604 3 days ago

I liked the Three Stooges more than Abbott and Costello when I was a kid. Rewatching them again on ME TV, I now enjoy Abbott and Costello more than the Three Stooges.

#2605 3 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Simple pinball confession: I play my 3 EMs way more than the rest of my pins lately.

Your collection page shows 4 EMs....what are the 3 you are playing?

#2606 3 days ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Your collection page shows 4 EMs....what are the 3 you are playing?

Abra Ca Dabra, C37 and OXO. Quick Draw is in storage waiting for a new playfield - hopefully my winter project.

#2607 3 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm an EM guy but must confess I have been playing my 3 woodrails almost exclusively. They are the newest in and I don't have a huge collection so it makes sense, but I forgot how fun and addictive the old timers can be.

Woodrails (resized).JPG
#2608 3 days ago

Confess my only em has been out of action for a year because my tech is a solid state guy.

I did contact an em tech last week though and ask him to drop in next time he's going past. Also confess i had an intention of getting it going to sell it, but i'm not at all sure that will happen.

#2609 3 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Confess my only em has been out of action for a year because my tech is a solid state guy.
I did contact an em tech last week though and ask him to drop in next time he's going past. Also confess i had an intention of getting it going to sell it, but i'm not at all sure that will happen.

Royal Flush? Fix it and play it a lot before deciding to sell or not

#2610 3 days ago

Yes, will do. I love it, played it for a long time before it broke. Suspect i will keep it. Don't need the cash or the space at this stage.

It's just a great time to sell in Australia and a terrible time to buy. Prices are sky high and no machines coming up.

Is it the same over there?

#2611 3 days ago

In the bitch thread, I admitted that I hate when guys ask for help with a fix then don't update the thread.

I confess I am guilty of the above. I actually went back to an old post yesterday and updated it with results.

#2612 3 days ago

I can’t really tell the difference between a Merlot, a Cabernet, a red Zin or a Pinot Noir. Yeah, they all taste better than the Manischewitz I bought at the convenience store for our double date when I was 16. But I’d much rather be 16 again, kissing in the back seat and drinking that swill.

#2613 2 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I can’t really tell the difference between a Merlot, a Cabernet, a red Zin or a Pinot Noir.

Back when I was 12 or 14 my Grand Dad up in Dawsonville gave me some muscadine wine he made.

THAT STUFF WAS AWESOME!

On road trips I have stopped at winery's and purchased a bottle of their muscadine wine.

They have all tasted like crap.

Not sure if my Grand Dad just made awesome stuff, or my tastes buds just got hooked on cheap beer.

And I am sure someone will read that and think that was awful giving a 12 year old wine.

Those people should stop reading this post right now.

Thinks were a lot different when I was young, there was no such thing as a DUI.

I personally even knew police officers that had beer while working.

I confess my first alcohol ever I was 6 years old, and it was one of those little Miller ponies at a fish fry. (I think they were called ponies, that was a long time ago).

My Dad was self employed in construction, and it was fun to grow up in all that.

Dad was in his dump truck a lot when I was young, and everyone was always laughing about how in his ac unit in the cab, he had beer stored in there and it was always ice cold.

Dad was always easy going, and you never knew if he had any beer in him at all.

My uncle on the other hand, he was very cool when sober, but when he drank he turned into a ass.

I confess I am glad my uncle got a DUI in later years and stopped drinking, because it did not agree with him.

People that knew my Dad and uncle would compare them to Archie Bunker, and Barnie Fife. (Dad was Archie).

Anyway, next time my girlfriend starts acting crappy I am going to start calling her out, instead of me being me, and being easy going while the crap builds up and me and ticks me off big time later.

She was all over the place Sunday, but since she has been fine.

Sometimes I am just too easy going for my own good.

And the main thing she was bitching about was the fact that Sunday I was in a lot better mood than normal, and I was wearing a Hawaiian shirt she had never seen, while at the same time I have not been wearing the Hawaiian shirt she bought me for Christmas.

I have to keep explaining to her, that with stuff going on that we never go anywhere, I am saving the good Paradise Found shirts that cost 50 bucks for when we do go out again, and I am just wearing cheap shirts while not going anywhere right now.

Sorry guys, I know some of my sentences are way too damn long tonight, almost paragraph long.

And I confess if you want variety in your game room, Golden Tee has been awesome, gets played every night for at least one round.

And the new Big Buck Hunter arcade I do not see going away ever, it is awesome. It costs a lot more than Golden Tee, but if you are looking for variety, it would be hard to top.

And I confess I kind of always wanted a air hockey table, but my girlfriend says she hates those, and that actually works out good because I am out of space.

And back to the stupid crap with my girlfriend, she got weird about a shirt she has never seen me wear:

I told her to look in my closet and she will find about 60 Hawaiian shirts she has never seen me wear.

Way back when I was young, I knew this one dude that was very successful, and he told me a story about how he had to stop drinking, because when he did he would just go to the airport and wind up somewhere and not remember anything.

I confess that I am not that bad, but anytime I go to the beach I like to walk around with a cooler full of beer at night, and shop for Hawaiian shirts.

I only have about 75 Hawaiian shirts right now.

As soon as it is safe to go out again I am ready to hit the beach again.

I hate to shop, but I love to be at the beach having beer and walking around shopping for shirts.

And the pic is of my favorite shirt, getting the boat ready to go do some night fishing now that it is finally cooling down outside.

And my avatar is a pic of my boat that went wrong, and got too close, and I said hell yeah, this is different, and I still use it.

canon 130 111 (resized).JPG
#2614 2 days ago

And I confess I am so glad that I stopped just coming to this site as a non-member to look at the top 100 and read comments about a game I was thinking about buying, and a while back I did join and become active.

We see it all the time, like 800 Pinsiders here now, and 500 guests here.

For about 2 years I was one of those guests.

All I can say is those guests need to go ahead and join, so they can enjoy all this community has to offer.

It is so awesome how everyone here tries to help each other, with LTG always on top of that list.

And while ago someone sent me a pm asking where I bought my Golden Tee from.

And I confess when I used to get a pm I was thinking, oh crap, I got moderated for something.

But now I never even worry about it, I know if I do say something stupid I have still done a whole lot more to help than harm.

I confess that I was never a bad person to begin with, but just being here has made me a much better person after seeing how eager so many here are to help someone.

This is not even a site, this is a club designed to look like a site.

And I know, first rule is never to talk about the club...

But anytime I meet someone cool I will tell them about our club.

I wish all of you the best!

#2615 2 days ago

I wish all of you the best!

You too my friend !

I wish everyone the best in these crazy times !

LTG : )

#2616 1 day ago

I confess I'm too exhausted to move a pinball in past my front door. Rather sit on the sofa with a beer (left) and check the confessional (right) to see what's going on with ltg and johnnypinball007 and the rest of you.

IMG_6374 (resized).jpg
#2617 1 day ago
Quoted from EJS:

to see what's going on with ltg

Up early the last two mornings doing tech support. Way late after I closed the last two nights rebuilding pins on J119 on two driver boards and their respective connectors. Was going to tackle another problem tonight but I'm tired. No late night tonight.

I have something big coming up very shortly.

#2618 1 day ago

I actively dislike medieval madness.
I dislike people who are not "into or like" music.

Message from the Freek Kingdom.

Oh, almost missed LTG,'s little hint. Cant wait to see what's next.

#2619 1 day ago

I’m a purist and have incandescents in my EM games. However, I confess to using LEDs in the backbox on said games.

#2620 1 day ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Oh, almost missed LTG,'s little hint. Cant wait to see what's next.

Almost here.

#2621 1 day ago
Quoted from EJS:

I confess I'm too exhausted to move a pinball in past my front door.

I confess I too have had on more that one occasion a game sit in my front hall overnight or even a day or two after getting back late from a retrieval. I also have a "one week" max family rule for pins being upstairs, either in the hall or setup in the living room for "testing" before mandatory movement to the basement. I have violated that rule at least a few times ...

#2622 1 day ago

And the pic is of my favorite shirt, getting the boat ready to go do some night fishing now that it is finally cooling down outside.

I confess that johnnypinball007 doesn't look like I pictured him, and that's a good thing

#2623 1 day ago

I've been hoping to find me a game built on my birthday. Has been since for years and never came close...

#2624 1 day ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I confess I too have had on more that one occasion a game sit in my front hall overnight or even a day or two after getting back late from a retrieval. I also have a "one week" max family rule for pins being upstairs, either in the hall or setup in the living room for "testing" before mandatory movement to the basement. I have violated that rule at least a few times ...

Trying to think of the rules of my house there aren’t many.

Smoking in the garage only.

Coaster for your drink if it’s on wood.

Shoes off in the basement cause previous owner went with pasty white carpeting.

Point your gun at wall with dirt on other side while loading/checking.

There might be a couple others I can’t think of off the top of my head.

#2625 1 day ago
Quoted from EJS:

There might be a couple others I can’t think of off the top of my head.

It's the ones that exist but you don't know about until AFTER you break it that you have to watch out for

#2626 1 day ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

i confess i've had one in my garage at least 6 weeks now waiting for a spot to clear up in the game room. I did put the head down there though...

#2627 1 day ago

I confess that I have the same hairstyle as johnnypinball007

#2628 1 day ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I confess that I have the same hairstyle as johnnypinball007

I confess this will probably not be funny because I am just drinking water at the moment.

When I was in my late 20's I had several friends with long hair so I tried that for a while.

When I had long hair it was amazing how many people I barely knew would make comments like "lets light one up, I know you have one".

They actually seemed to get ticked off when I would tell them all I do is drink beer, I do not do any kind of drugs.

For the hell of it I saved that long hair when I finally had it cut.

As far as these days I keep my head shaved because I look 20 years younger.

My hair is all gray now and very thin on the top if I do grow it.

I confess that even though it only takes about 10 minutes to shave it, I am getting lazy and thinking about seeing how much it would cost for laser hair removal.

#2629 1 day ago

When I was in my late 20's I had several friends with long hair so I tried that for a while.

I've had long hair a few times.

No more. Not enough left to grow long.

Mewithhair (resized).jpg
#2630 1 day ago

Ruined. Why aren't you a pirate too?

#2631 1 day ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ruined. Why aren't you a pirate too?

Here you go.

pirateltg (resized).jpg
#2632 1 day ago

Coffee tastes better now.

#2633 1 day ago

Sorry guys........ but
I repeat, I HATE people who don't like or know about music. Foolish, shallow, ignorant, boring, soulless people.

Got that out of my system, for now...

Message from the Freek Kingdom .

#2634 1 day ago

Confess that i listen to music from 9 in the morning till i go to bed every day.

I have a really nice TV, but wouldn't turn it on every two or three months of a drunken evening and still can't find anything i can believe or enjoy. I also confess i don't have free to air TV, the only thing i have is netflix after cancelling the foxtel pay tv two years ago, because i was paying $120 a month and only using it to listen to radio.

#2635 22 hours ago
Quoted from punkin:

foxtel pay tv

I confess I have no idea what that is.

#2636 21 hours ago

I confess..I like this thread more than the Covid one. Johnny has real class! He just spills it out. Yeah I’m still going to call you jabber jaws. I want to be more like Johnny! Maybe end the one liners? Hmmmm...maybe

#2637 20 hours ago

I confess that I seem to have the opposite problem of johnnypinball007, with his long posts. No matter how much I try, I never seem to be able to write more than a few lines.

#2638 19 hours ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

No matter how much I try, I never seem to be able to write more than a few lines.

A few lines is a great start!

Some people just make a entire reply/post "lol".

I confess I am on the extreme for long posts/replies, but come on, posts with just lol or a smiley face...hell NO!

You are awesome on here Snowy Owl! I have never once read anything but positive posts you have made.

And a while back I said if anyone is passing through my area and wants to stop by, you are in that list.

#2639 18 hours ago

You are awesome on here Snowy Owl! I have never once read anything but positive posts you have made.

Thanks for the kind words, my friend! Back at ya. I am extremely grateful for your humor and positivity on pinside, I always stop to read your posts whenever I see them. You are one of the nicest people I have met on pinside. Thanks for everything.

#2640 17 hours ago

I confess I hated English in school, but I always did well, and I was offered scholarships to colleges to write more.

HELL NO, I hated school and I wanted to get out and make some money.

I won the "outstanding English award" in high school, while I thought I had a good chance at the "business award".

And way back, even though I hated writing, I kind of liked it as long as in my spare time and not forced. Kind of like when I goof off here.

My first computer ever was for Ebay sales I was starting to mess with.

I did good with all that, I made it to 10k positives without the first negative on Ebay, and by 25k positives I only had 3 negs, and they were all assholes from Canada for some reason(sorry) it was just the way it was 20 years ago, no offence intended.

Anyway, sorry I wandered off from where I was going.

First computer ever, yes, to make money with in business.

But, I also started typing a novel I wanted to write, just goofing off.

AND back then computers were not as reliable as what we have now, and would crash and all your work go away in a instant. My experience anyway, that was long ago, now they seem a lot better.

Anyway, I confess I lost 200? pages of a novel I was writing many years ago, and I said screw it and never tried again.

About 10 years later Stephen King wrote something too similar anyway.

Long ago I also wrote some songs I thought were ok, but in later years I threw all that on the bonfire.

And here we are today.

I hate to write. I hate to type.

But I so much enjoy being here and trying to make someone smile while I just goof off.

I am sorry I have clogged this topic with my long rants, but the first time I ever clicked here whatever someone else just said made me relax and want to type here.

And I hope LTG and others will also give us some more entertaining stories from the good old days!

2020 has been crazy. And now I may have tree bark in a lung from a freak accident?

I thought I was ok, but now not so sure. (tree bark thing, not funny, any doctors here)?

#2641 11 hours ago

I thought I was ok, but now not so sure. (tree bark thing, not funny, any doctors here)?

There’s a few but I’m sure they’d all tell you to have it looked at.

Stay healthy it’s one of the most valuable things you’ll ever have.

#2642 11 hours ago

I did good with all that, I made it to 10k positives without the first negative on Ebay, and by 25k positives I only had 3 negs, and they were all assholes from Canada for some reason(sorry) it was just the way it was 20 years ago, no offence intended.

I remember (wait...I confess) my first neutral on eBay and I couldn’t sleep all week. Now I think it’s been over 10 years since I logged into eBay. If I need something I’ll buy it elsewhere. If I want to sell something I’ll sell it locally. I don’t have any rare or unique things that merit “hey you should sell that on eBay”. I think they got rid of the neutral option on eBay too.

Don’t be afraid by offending people if it’s the facts. If you got all negs from Canada you can’t help it. Well, maybe if you didn’t screw up the transaction IM JUST KIDDING!!!

I don’t see myself being a minimalist but I plan on having fewer possessions the older I get. Quick nobody look at the pinball machines.

#2643 6 hours ago

And I hope LTG and others will also give us some more entertaining stories from the good old days!

In late Summer of 1972 my Mother was looking to have her own business again. She couldn't afford much. Looked at some 3.2 bars that were available. She'd owned one before. Only available ones were in really bad areas.

Then she saw an ad in the newspaper for a game room for sale. She called. Talked to Sam Snelling, the owner. We went and looked at it on a Sunday morning. Peeked in the window before Sam Showed up. She asked me what I thought. I told her, "anything to get you off of Hennepin Ave".

Got inside. Place was nice. White walls with dark boards running the length of them about waist high, some coat hooks, posters hanging on the walls, back wall was dark paneling, 5 pool tables. ( Sam had sold one, he was getting ready to sell or close the business at the end of his two year lease ) a pay phone on the wall between the two doors. An operator had 6 EM pinball machines, a cigarette machine, and a foosball table ( before anyone knew what it was ). In retrospect not much. There was a motorcycle helmet hanging on the wall. It belonged to a kid that died in an accident in the sand pit just west of the strip mall. We planned to leave it there, his friends removed it the night before we took over and relocated it to a gas station up on Excelsior Boulevard.

Only thing in the area was some apartments across the street and to the South. And the strip mall SS Billiards was in. Along with the builder's office, Naslund Construction, an empty clothing store that became an insurance company. Us. A beauty shop, bakery, dry cleaner, grocery store, empty store that became Crunch's Pizza, and a Kirby vacuum cleaner shop. The guy in the vacuum cleaner shop used to shoot his .38 at the walls, often going into the next store.

Sam told us how nice the customers were, and what a great place it was. He said the worst things was kids might use the blue chalk from the pool tables and chalk the noses of people on the posters. Wow, he was mega naive.

They worked out a deal. I went there a few times in the evening and shot an hour of pool with a friend, to scope things out. The last time the "customers" figured out who I was. Did the walk by, bump into me crap. Trying for a reaction or more. I ignored them. Paid, left, didn't go back.

Tuesday night September 19th, 1972 the city council voted to transfer the license and the mayor welcomed us to the community.

Wednesday September 20th my Mother and I went out about 2pm to unlock the door and open up. Sam was opening at 3pm then. Turned everything on and opened at 3pm.

A man that worked for Sam ( and may have had money in it, or bought it and lost it back to Sam ) came in to "help" us. After standing around a couple hours he left, after figuring out we didn't need or want his help.

First customer was Mike McNeil, at 5 pm. The regulars were slow in returning. They probably knew there might be some changes.

Some of the riff raff wandered in, and left in a hurry. They must have got the word out to their friends, no more loitering, no more drug dealing, no more fun, not many tried to come back. Two guys that used to play the Gottlieb 2001 pinball machine came in, went back, banged on the coin door. Banged on it a bunch more times, got mad and left. I was laughing when they left, I asked them, "no more free games ?".

Quite the first day. So long ago, yet it seems like only yesterday.

#2644 5 hours ago

So thats how your place got started? Awesome.

#2645 5 hours ago
Quoted from mtn-:

So thats how your place got started? Awesome.

I should add the strip mall was completed in November 1970. Sam Snelling opened SS Billiards then, one of the original tenants.

#2646 4 hours ago

I confess, I’m Actively looking for the best pause for Chun-Li.

301B45E0-75ED-40C4-83A0-149162F3A829 (resized).jpeg
#2647 4 hours ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I confess, I’m Actively looking for the best pause for Chun-Li.

I confess when I was very young I thought Wilma Flintstone had a cute butt.

#2648 4 hours ago

I confess when I was very young I thought Wilma Flintstone had a cute butt.

Most folks pick Betty...but once you see Wilma with her hair down? Yowza!!

#2649 4 hours ago

Since picking up IMLB last week, I have spent more time smoking joints and playing it then I have 'working'.

#2650 2 hours ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Most folks pick Betty...but once you see Wilma with her hair down? Yowza!!

CF60DC1C-E474-4383-93C7-C8E8CBDFCC04 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 29.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
There are 2652 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 54.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside