Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 252.
    #2501 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

But the story also doesn't quite add up...

This was before I was born. My Mother told me years ago.

So may not be quite accurate in what exactly was done to the machine after all this time. Other than the waitress and her boyfriend blew all their money.

LTG : )

#2502 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Is there a way to upvote a post 100 times? Asking for a friend.

I upvoted it for ya

#2503 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I confess I hate that people use abbreviations for game names. Just write the damn name of the game. Your already writing a description about it or some other long winded post. What’s another few letters?

GTFOOHWTS

#2504 3 years ago

I confess that I have a bad habit of deathsaving

#2505 3 years ago

In Chicago dat T would be a D

#2506 3 years ago

Another state fair thought from the shooting gallery.

One person hired I'll call DD.

No idea why, painted his shoes white with the Luminal paint we used on the gallery. Effectively sealing his shoes ability to breathe or anything.

By mid morning he was limping, feet were killing him. Our building was next to a bathroom building. Half way down on the side facing our building was a spigot for water, real cold water.

So I told DD when he went on break to wash his feet in the cold water, maybe they'd feel better.

Later I was taking a gun to the rear of the building for repairs and I walked past him. Watching him I'm thinking,"what the hell". There he was, sitting down, washing his feet. WITH HIS SOCKS ON ?

The people my father hired to work out there never ceased to amaze us.

#2507 3 years ago

Speaking of deathsaves, back in the late 90's there was an Addams Family at a bar in Steamboat Springs CO that had no tilt. Don't know if it was missing or broken... no matter. The game would not tilt. It is much much harder than I initially thought, but with the right effort and timing, I could save a drain by lifting the front of the machine and getting the ball back in play. Not impossible, but pretty near so to get off the flippers and grab the front of the monster and tip it back quick and high enough to counter a draining ball.

Apparently I wasn't the only one doing it. The rear leg bolts had pulled out of the wood and were barely holding the game up. I decided after a bit that I didn't want to be the guy who dropped the machine and shattered everything.

I do feel bad about the abuse and would not do it again... sober.

#2508 3 years ago

I confess that I have nothing to confess right now.

#2509 3 years ago

I just took my dog for a quick walk around the building and it got me to thinking.

48 years ago tonight I'd be working the line at the shooting gallery my father ran for Lieberman Music Company. At the Minnesota State Fair.

I'd already been working 12 hours since we opened, 3 hours to go to closing. Sun just set and the weather was finally starting to cool off. I'd be hot and sweaty. Covered in graphite dust from the .22 caliber bullets. Labor Day weekend is the last weekend of the fair, ending at midnight on Monday, Labor Day. It was my last time working there after 6 or 7 seasons for me.

I can still smell all the different aromas. Grease from all the fried foods. Wind shifts we'd get the animal smells. I still miss the excitement of being there, working. Though I wouldn't give a nickel to be doing it again.

And then I realize. How the world has changed. Since that hot Summer evening back in September, 1972.

#2510 3 years ago

I confess I've never actually seen anyone drink a natural light beer before.Nothing personal.

#2511 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

I confess I've never actually seen anyone drink a natural light beer before.Nothing personal.

No one has ever seen me drink one.

Now if they were standing next to my fridge, and seen me put the Natty can in the koozie, they would know.

Just looking at the drink in my hand, it is in a koozie that says:

Harpoon Harrys Panama City Beach Florida.

And I confess I wish I was already in bed, but the excitement of the night and everyone that wants to talk about it and not leave me alone got very old. Talking about what I had going on in the What Would You Do topic.

I used to love living on a dead end street with woods on one side of me and a lake on the other side. (not jammed in). But now it is getting old.

Oh yeah, while ago when I called the cops they did not answer after 8 rings, so I thought maybe they were defunded now, or just busy with something else, so I hung up.

Boom, 3 seconds later they were calling me back and showed up the fastest they ever have.

If you want really good response to a 911 call, trust me, hang up before they answer and you get awesome service.

And I talked to the cops after they were done, and they were awesome.

See Something, Say Something. I believe in that these days.

I am doing all I can to keep my area safe.

My only neighbor that lives a 1/8 mile away is doing great with this also.

I now confess that while I love living far away from any neighbor, maybe I should move to where houses are 10 feet apart.

(and when I went out to talk to the cops, I had both my hands in the air with Natties so that they knew I was cool).

I confess that yeah, if I am speeding, and a cop gives me a ticket, well that sucks, but I am still polite.

Cops also help, big time, with other issues.

With cops it is not always just trying to cost you money on some ticket, they do still protect and serve.

BUT, if you are caught driving with a Natty in your hand, that could be a different story. I will never know because I do not drink and drive, not even one.

AND, if you have to drive after a late night, make sure you have had plenty of sleep before you drive.

Preferably one hour sleep for each Natty before you drive.

For example it is 3am here now, and maybe I have had 20 Natties.

So by my own rules I am not safe to drive until 11pm Saturday.

That works for me, I will probably pop one at 6pm Saturday, so I am not going anywhere, and with so many people having cooties these days, I do not want to go anywhere anyway.

(for anyone that does not know me, some of this is supposed to be informative, and some of this is just to try to make you smile or even maybe laugh).

(no, I have not had 20 yet tonight...another joke, I am still on #10 and that is it).

#2512 3 years ago

On #11, or 21?

This Big Buck Hunter is awesome, and different, but in the owners manual it does not say how to switch to free play, and I am not one that just starts hitting buttons.

I am glad to have it here, and not play in a bar somewhere. (I do not go to bars, I do not drink and drive). (I do drink, and I do drive, just with plenty of time in between).

Anyway when me and my girlfriend was playing it, every 2 minutes it seemed like I had to put 4 more quarters in it. We went through 40.00 in no time.

It even has a has message that says swipe card.

I was joking with my girlfriend while ago that operators have to love this, some guy goes to a bar, has a few too many, and ends up with a credit card bill for 120.00 or whatever from playing this.

BUT, before anyone gets mad at me, think about this:
    1. we may need to behave and isolate for a while anyway.
    2. so why not go after the home market like pinball hopefully has/will.

I know a while back this game was totally for bars, and they have tournaments, exclusive to bars to help operators.

But with the way things are changing I wish they would make it available for private home use also, so the people that loves to do this can have fun in their own home.

Nothing in this for me, I never want to play online or in any contest.

I think a lot of people enjoy this game and times have changed, so I am speaking for the people that would love to keep having fun with what they were doing, but now from home so they can stay safe.

I 100% mean to just be helpful, to help keep a awesome game alive in a world that has changed.

(and this game is awesome, and beautiful, and cool, and refreshingly different). I give it 10 stars out of 10.

(thanks PW79 for talking this up, you are the reason I have one now).

And another thanks to King Pin Games, and Classic Game Rooms, and Betson.

And THANKS LTG! You have told us some very cool stuff, please keep sharing all you can!

Pins are the best, no debate. (for me TWD pro, and OKT). I like others also.

When you want some variety. ping pong table, pool table, super chexx, Golden Tee, Big Buck Hunter, damn it is a great day to be alive.

#2513 3 years ago

How many Avengers Infinity Quest “official” threads are too many?

#2515 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slugmeister:

What constitutes a “natural” light beer? Asking for a friend....who many or may not be named Samuel Adams or in some cases John Jameson.

Just don’t let it be Omission, i swear it means they omitted flavor.

#2516 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Just don’t let it be Omission, i swear it means they omitted flavor.

Omission beer is gluten free. I went gluten free for quite a while in support of my daughter who has celiac disease and it is by far one of the best gluten free beers there is other than maybe Glutenberg. The others don’t even resemble beer. It’s made like regular beer and then they remove the gluten after the fact. Whereas the others don’t have wheat or barley in them. They use things like sorghum as their main ingredient. Which makes it taste pretty bad. And I’ll eat and drink pretty much anything.

#2517 3 years ago

I just confess it was a great day to be alive, and the night is not over yet, but my time on this site is over for a few hours.

I wish all of you the best always!

#2518 3 years ago

I confess I had beer for breakfast. Together with panfried sourdough bread with pungent cheese and cured meats.

#2519 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I confess I had beer for breakfast. Together with panfried sourdough bread with pungent cheese and cured meats.

Breakfast of champions!

#2520 3 years ago

Confession...
    This was a bad idea. Nearly soiled my pants.

IMG_52391 (resized).pngIMG_52391 (resized).png
    #2521 3 years ago

I just confess it was a great day to be alive, and the night is not over yet, but my time on this site is over for a few hours.
    I wish all of you the best always!

Natruday Night Live for Johnnypinball!!
    A2EE61AB-234B-4C0F-A3C4-F3B0439942C3 (resized).jpegA2EE61AB-234B-4C0F-A3C4-F3B0439942C3 (resized).jpeg

#2522 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Omission beer is gluten free. I went gluten free for quite a while in support of my daughter who has celiac disease and it is by far one of the best gluten free beers there is other than maybe Glutenberg. The others don’t even resemble beer. It’s made like regular beer and then they remove the gluten after the fact. Whereas the others don’t have wheat or barley in them. They use things like sorghum as their main ingredient. Which makes it taste pretty bad. And I’ll eat and drink pretty much anything.

Yeah I dated someone who had that. It was nice not having to worry about my beer or leftovers getting consumed if I slept in late the next day. She mostly drank white claw (I think that's what it's called) or whatever and that was fine by me. I just couldn't have any of her GF food though.

#2523 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

A few years back there was a guy who went on a beer only diet for 3 weeks to lose weight. It worked.

#2524 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

A few years back there was a guy who went on a beer only diet for 3 weeks to lose weight. It worked.

Maybe that is what helps keeping me slim!

#2525 3 years ago

Maybe that is what helps keeping me slim!

There is a certain way of making pizza where the grease is coated in such a way your body doesn't absorb much of the nutrients or something and if you eat that pizza and beer all the time you're basically starving yourself.

But to me that sounds like good living!

#2526 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

I confess I hate that people use abbreviations for game names. Just write the damn name of the game. Your already writing a description about it or some other long winded post. What’s another few letters?

So true!
    Is DM direct mail or Demo Man.
    Is IM Iron Maiden or Iron Man.

#2527 3 years ago
    Quoted from PaulROwen:

So true!
    Is DM direct mail or Demo Man.
    Is IM Iron Maiden or Iron Man.

Is that a cactus canyon in your pocket or are you just carrying a credit card?

#2528 3 years ago

I still cant bunnyhop

#2529 3 years ago

I failed at skip rope yesterday. twice.

Didn'tLandOnMyArseSoThat'sAWinPunkin

#2530 3 years ago

Back when I was 16, I was all into cologne trying to impress the ladies. Halston, Polo, etc.

That did not last long, all that shit just started to make me sneeze and other reactions.

Almost 4 years ago my current girlfriend gave me a bottle of something she likes.

She sometimes bitches now that I have only used that crap 2 times in 4 years, but she has seen how I just start sneezing.

She is pretty awesome, she knows not to wear perfume around me, or I will just sneeze.

(and I am not some puny dude that is just "sensitive" to everything), but damn, strong odors make my nose go crazy anymore.

And while pinball is the ultimate! For variety Golden Tee is awesome, and so is Big Buck Hunter.

Although Big Buck can make your arm/shoulder sore if you play too long.

And right after dinner, a simple and very cheap ping pong table is good to play for 30 minutes for some exercise.

(a ping pong table does take a lot of space that could be used for pins, but good therapy when you try to get your pinball addiction under control).

Life is awesome!

If you can do well at all then as you get older you will have toys like when you were young, except they will be a whole lot bigger and better.

I am not rich. I used to look at the "show us your game room" on here, and I was hell no, I just have these games in my office in my basement, and nothing at all fancy like all that.

Man those pics of all the awesome comfy chair home theaters and bars and everything else I was just like WOW!

BUT, I am never even trying to keep up with anyone, I do not do that. So far I am still using a flip phone with no internet for calls, and a cheap computer for being here and conducting business that pays my bills.

I confess I am glad I was able to break this pinball addiction. At one time I was up to 8, and making room for 12.

Now I have 2 pins that will never leave, and a variety of other games also.

Long ago when I bought the boat, several old timers told me the best day of your life is when you buy that boat, and the 2nd best day of your life is when you sell that boat.

I was the same way with pins.

All NIB that I went and picked up, un-boxed back here, pulled out any packing out of the playfield, and that new pin smell..awesome.

(maybe if they could make a cologne that smells like a new pin I may could wear that).

And the one topic: Who Likes Beer?

I was all into that until I seen it was all this "in my opinion" weird and high dollar beer. And those beers were in very nice basement bars.

I confess there are threads here that I would still like to look at, but if I do I feel like I have failed in life.

Sometimes I would like to put a pic in the "what game did you bring home today" topic. But I am embarrassed how my area is just so simple and not fancy.

(at least with that topic a lot of pics are just in a suv or a garage).

Anyway, I am not feeling well at the moment. (beer did not help, but also did not hurt), and my main concern is my Mom.

Mom knows I have a will, but she has bad memory loss and will never remember.

So if anything ever happens to me, maybe someone here can contact the members that have left me feedback(most are local), to maybe just try to remind Mom that I do have a will.

I hope it never comes to this, but the will was done before I ever purchased the first game, so most likely Mom would be happy to have help, and give someone a game for helping.

And I fully trust my girlfriend, her name is Phyllis. She just lives the next street over, 3 houses across the lake.

I have a awesome lawyer I have trusted for over 25 years, Carl Adcock. His office is near Atlanta Rd. and 285.

I confess I wish I could just be funny as hell and entertaining right now, but I am having weird issues, so I just wanted to make a record of some things.

And that damn Oktoberfest topic I love to read because I have one jinxed me the other day. So many pics of the ball getting stuck off the beer barrel ramp, and I thought I was so glad I had never had that happen, and BOOM, 3 times in a row the next time I played.

And if anyone that already has a very fancy game room reads this, trust me, you will want the new Big Buck game. It is fun to play, and it is lit up like a fancy jukebox when not being played. It makes my simple man cave look like a Dave & Busters or something.

#2531 3 years ago

Back when I was 16, I was all into cologne trying to impress the ladies. Halston, Polo, etc.
    That did not last long, all that shit just started to make me sneeze and other reactions.
    Almost 4 years ago my current girlfriend gave me a bottle of something she likes.
    She sometimes bitches now that I have only used that crap 2 times in 4 years, but she has seen how I just start sneezing.
    She is pretty awesome, she knows not to wear perfume around me, or I will just sneeze.
    (and I am not some puny dude that is just "sensitive" to everything), but damn, strong odors make my nose go crazy anymore.
    And while pinball is the ultimate! For variety Golden Tee is awesome, and so is Big Buck Hunter.
    Although Big Buck can make your arm/shoulder sore if you play too long.
    And right after dinner, a simple and very cheap ping pong table is good to play for 30 minutes for some exercise.
    (a ping pong table does take a lot of space that could be used for pins, but good therapy when you try to get your pinball addiction under control).
    Life is awesome!
    If you can do well at all then as you get older you will have toys like when you were young, except they will be a whole lot bigger and better.
    I am not rich. I used to look at the "show us your game room" on here, and I was hell no, I just have these games in my office in my basement, and nothing at all fancy like all that.
    Man those pics of all the awesome comfy chair home theaters and bars and everything else I was just like WOW!
    BUT, I am never even trying to keep up with anyone, I do not do that. So far I am still using a flip phone with no internet for calls, and a cheap computer for being here and conducting business that pays my bills.
    I confess I am glad I was able to break this pinball addiction. At one time I was up to 8, and making room for 12.
    Now I have 2 pins that will never leave, and a variety of other games also.
    Long ago when I bought the boat, several old timers told me the best day of your life is when you buy that boat, and the 2nd best day of your life is when you sell that boat.
    I was the same way with pins.
    All NIB that I went and picked up, un-boxed back here, pulled out any packing out of the playfield, and that new pin smell..awesome.
    (maybe if they could make a cologne that smells like a new pin I may could wear that).
    And the one topic: Who Likes Beer?
    I was all into that until I seen it was all this "in my opinion" weird and high dollar beer. And those beers were in very nice basement bars.
    I confess there are threads here that I would still like to look at, but if I do I feel like I have failed in life.
    Sometimes I would like to put a pic in the "what game did you bring home today" topic. But I am embarrassed how my area is just so simple and not fancy.
    (at least with that topic a lot of pics are just in a suv or a garage).
    Anyway, I am not feeling well at the moment. (beer did not help, but also did not hurt), and my main concern is my Mom.
    Mom knows I have a will, but she has bad memory loss and will never remember.
    So if anything ever happens to me, maybe someone here can contact the members that have left me feedback(most are local), to maybe just try to remind Mom that I do have a will.
    I hope it never comes to this, but the will was done before I ever purchased the first game, so most likely Mom would be happy to have help, and give someone a game for helping.
    And I fully trust my girlfriend, her name is Phyllis. She just lives the next street over, 3 houses across the lake.
    I have a awesome lawyer I have trusted for over 25 years, Carl Adcock. His office is near Atlanta Rd. and 285.
    I confess I wish I could just be funny as hell and entertaining right now, but I am having weird issues, so I just wanted to make a record of some things.
    And that damn Oktoberfest topic I love to read because I have one jinxed me the other day. So many pics of the ball getting stuck off the beer barrel ramp, and I thought I was so glad I had never had that happen, and BOOM, 3 times in a row the next time I played.
    And if anyone that already has a very fancy game room reads this, trust me, you will want the new Big Buck game. It is fun to play, and it is lit up like a fancy jukebox when not being played. It makes my simple man cave look like a Dave & Busters or something.

Get some rest and hope you feel better soon. Might be a good idea to call your girlfriend or someone else so that you're not alone right now.

#2532 3 years ago

Hey @johnnypinball007, are you feeling better?

#2533 3 years ago

Maybe not in money.

You are in things that matter.

#2534 3 years ago

Thanks guys!

I never get headaches, but I had a bad sinus headache last night, and opposite problems on the other end.

That all started before I even had a Natty.

I must be allergic to whatever rag weed or pollen is happening now.

The other problem must have been my girlfriends cooking.

I hope everyone is having a awesome Holiday!

#2535 3 years ago

Thanks guys!
    I never get headaches, but I had a bad sinus headache last night, and opposite problems on the other end.
    That all started before I even had a Natty.
    I must be allergic to whatever rag weed or pollen is happening now.
    The other problem must have been my girlfriends cooking.
    I hope everyone is having a awesome Holiday!

Have you tried Flonase before? I’m going to try it for the first time tonight, or maybe mornings are better. I don’t have allergies per se but sinus issues for other reasons.

Oh and don’t worry about money either it’s overrated and you can’t take it with you.

#2536 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Oh and don’t worry about money either it’s overrated and you can’t take it with you.

I think you are wrong. I have seen commercials that say American Express Travelers Checks are good ANYWHERE!

Quoted from EJS:

Have you tried Flonase before?

When I was young I had to go get allergy shots 3 times a week. (because my Dad could not stand to hear me clear my sinuses).

I am supposedly allergic to 7 kinds of grass, 14 kinds of trees, ketchup, mayonnaise , milk, and I have no clue what all.

I mostly work outdoors these days, and I love Hunts ketchup! (need to start a poll on that, my Mom and girlfriend prefer Heinz, and I am fine with Heinz, but I have just always liked Hunts a tad better).

Anyway, my sinus drainage makes me have to clear my throat a lot, and not even that loud, and it has been pissing my girlfriend off. (and she does shit that ticks me off and I never say a word).

The main time my girlfriend was getting annoyed was when we were playing Golden Tee, and I was sitting in a bar stool right next to the game, so now I just sit further away, and she does not complain.

Last night I did have a killer sinus headache or something and I thought I may die it was so bad.

I will go to a doctor, and get pills if I really need to, but I confess I just do not trust any kind of drug, not even one that is supposed to be a fun one. I just do not do drugs unless I am in very bad shape.

Long ago I did take one flu shot, and that crap almost killed me.

100% I am not against anything if I really need it, but my experience has been (and holy shit, I just spelled experience correctly without spell check), anyway, my past has for me doing better the more I can stay away from any drugs.

I have had low sugar since I was 17, I can not even say or spell that word for what I have.

I would love me a Krispy Kreme donut, but for whatever reason they about put me in a coma.

Before this virus hit, as a treat to myself about 2 times a year I would go to Waffle House and order a All Star breakfast for dinner.

I like the bacon limp, and the eggs scrambled, and I had to just be very careful not to use hardly any syrup at all on the waffle. Too much syrup, almost in a coma later.

I take all this stuff going on these days highly serious, I know I am high risk.

ANYWAY, thank goodness that the natties are a good treat and do not mess with my other stuff.

Once someone that cared about me said they were concerned about me drinking beer.

That person consumed a lot of diet cola.

I said ok, lets compare ingredients, my drink has water, barley, malt, grains, hops and yeast. (looks like a V-8 with a slight kick to me).

I am not even going to try to spell the long words on that soda can they were drinking, some started with ace I think.

But, as far as drugs, I will try anything if I get to the point I am suffering.

2 years ago I had no problem getting 11 stiches and a tenuis shot after I cut my knee with a chainsaw when I tripped while working.

And when I was younger I was on stuff like sineade, sinulin, and I forgot what all else, and I never really felt great.

For me anyway, as long as I can stay away from any pill, or any drug, I just feel better.

(I do like the smell of some drugs, the good old days when we had concerts).

And thanks EJS, and all others that try to be helpful!

We are all getting older and may need advice and help as time goes by.

#2537 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You are in things that matter.

Thanks LTG!

You have been super awesome helping everyone here for as long as I have been here.

I am glad I am here now. I am glad we are all here now, Pinside is awesome!

I hope your business is doing awesome and Prada is getting plenty of belly rubs!

And just yesterday I was highly pissed off. I was looking at the "Community" here, and I seen someone gave you a downvote.

If I just said how that made me feel that anyone here could downvote you of all the members here, well, I would be worse off than O-din, and I would never get to be back.

All the awesome advice you give here all the time and you spend so much time helping people for free, and maybe you relaxed or something and just made some post to unwind or something? And some asshole gave you a downvote, that really pissed me off.

You are the Best!

And I wish you and everyone except whoever gave you a downvote the best always!

(and if you ever write a book, I want to be the first to buy your book).

You tell some awesome stories also, and it also pisses me off that you do not get at least 100 upvotes when you cut loose and tell a old funny story.

My favorite so far is about when the bikers saved the day.

And I know I am a bit of a dumbass when it comes to working on a game, because I have not done it much. But I can operate a backhoe or excavator pretty well, and some people never get that down.

On this site, the most I can do is entertain, and be positive.

But I do feel good that I did give some answers in the Big Buck Hunter arcade topic, now that one is here.

Pinball will always be the best. but Golden Tee and Big Buck Hunter is nice to have around also.

And damn it, last year I fulfilled my bucket list of going to every amusement park I ever wanted to go to, and seeing some friends also that lived 800 miles away, and I was 100% done, and no more trips, now I have one more thing to do:

Last thing on my bucket list now is to give Prada a belly rub.

Please post pics of Prada more often in Dogs Rule!

AND, I see more and more other Pinsiders trying to help each other, and it is all super awesome!

I have never made the first downvote here, and I never will.

But I confess I will just click on a new topic, and anything funny or positive or helpful I am quick to upvote.

#2538 3 years ago

I confess that I did all I could to help Dad in his final years, and now I am helping Mom.

Getting old sucks.

I never wanted kids myself, never had any.

Never wanted to be married, never have been.

BUT now I have a awesome girlfriend that is in the same boat(except for when she tries to cook anything it makes me sick, DAMN, who would have guessed I was the better cook).

Anyway awesome she is 3 houses away, about a half mile across the lake on the next street over.

She loves all the games as much as I do except she did tick me off when recently I wanted to play Oktoberfest and she wanted to play The Walking Dead. (and that did not really tick me off).

Anyway, we are in the same boat almost, we are both taking care of aging Moms, but hers is a mean pain in the ass, while my Mom is like a angel.

My lady wants to marry me, and I say it will not work at the moment.

It is nice how we spend time together and play awesome games while we both help with our Moms.

(and other stuff), but anyway:

As far as Moms, if her Mom falls or something I can help lift her back up.

If my Mom were to fall, she can also help my Mom if needed.

And sometimes work does have me traveling a bit far away from my Mom, but my lady can be there in a matter of minutes to help, and that to me is priceless.

And it amazes me. Her Mom is just hateful and spiteful and anything negative you can think of.

My Mom is just a angel, and awesome.

My Mom loves this lady, and I do also.

(Dad was a whole another story, awesome for years then a real chore for years).

And as far as words, hospice has to be about the saddest of them all.

Getting old sucks, but at least we have some awesome games to play for a moment!

And awesome people and awesome dogs!

#2539 3 years ago

Confess i don't read Jonnies posts if they are longer than 1 paragraph.

#2540 3 years ago

And just yesterday I was highly pissed off. I was looking at the "Community" here, and I seen someone gave you a downvote.

Nothing to be pissed off about. I get them. And a few have gotten into it with me. Life's too short to worry about such things. I just ignore them and move on.

#2541 3 years ago

(I do like the smell of some drugs, the good old days when we had concerts).
    And thanks EJS, and all others that try to be helpful!
    We are all getting older and may need advice and help as time goes by.

Drugs are like spare tires they are good for getting you to the next stop but you don’t want to drive cross country with them.

I’m generally more sensitive to medication than others and I’ll have opposite reactions than most people do. Like Sudafed apparently most people get drowsy from it but for me it’s like caffeine.

For prescription drugs and recreational drugs you are always going to find arguments for and against them. You need to do what you feel is best for you. Obviously it’s best to take good responsibility too. You have to want to help yourself first before accepting help from others, that’s my belief, otherwise it’s a waste for others that do. Unfortunately there are people out there that see different than you and I.

#2542 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Nothing to be pissed off about. I get them. And a few have gotten into it with me. Life's too short to worry about such things. I just ignore them and move on.

I noticed that too. I mean, if you have 200 some upvotes and 1 downvote I don’t think it’s a matter of saying something wrong. Even if it’s an opinionated thing who cares if someone disagrees with ya. Everyone agreeing with you can even be boring sometimes.

Besides it’s easy to hit the downvote it’s right next to the upvote. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve caught my phone falling and pressed the wrong thing.

I’ve been downvoted I don’t care I’m not changing my mind based on that. If someone wants to respond to me and provide some info I’m more willing to listen to that.

Few months ago I turned off the downvote feature anyway. If I don’t agree with something I just move on. It’s that easy.

#2543 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i don't read Jonnies posts if they are longer than 1 paragraph.

Good thing he types everything out in different sentence rather than paragraphs haha

#2544 3 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Good thing he types everything out in different sentence rather than paragraphs haha

And I type really slow, to try to make it easier to read.

#2545 3 years ago

Confess I've reached the age where a good crap gives greater satisfaction than an orgasm.

#2546 3 years ago

And I type really slow, to try to make it easier to read.

It is much easier to read.

#2547 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess I've reached the age where a good crap gives greater satisfaction than an orgasm.

I can relate to this. Not sure if that's a good thing.

#2548 3 years ago

I confess I still am not very good at typing. If I try to be fast then I end up being sloppy. If I try not to be sloppy, I take a long time. Thank god for autocorrect.

#2549 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I still am not very good at typing. If I try to be fast then I end up being sloppy. If I try not to be sloppy, I take a long time.

I confess I type with only 2 fingers. I am pretty fast though.

#2550 3 years ago

I confess I type with only 2 fingers. I am pretty fast though.

I confess I’ve seen LTG type like that years ago. Maybe he’s gotten faster; or just wiser.

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/51?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.