Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,562 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 252.
    #2351 3 years ago

Heat Wave has five rollover buttons in an arch at the top. The skill shot is to get the ball to roll over all five in one pass.

I confess that I spent HOURS gradually adjusting the slope up and down, trying the shot again and again. I couldn’t get more than three buttons.

After my second session trying to get the machine adjusted right, I gave the machine a nudge on the rebound. Got all five on the second try. 'Doh!

#2352 3 years ago

I grew up with lots of smokers around me. Having asthma, I never smoked nor liked the smell.

Now when I am walking past one of my stale smoke impregnated EMs, I recognize that as pinball.

#2353 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

I grew up with lots of smokers around me. Having asthma, I never smoked nor liked the smell.
    Now when I am walking past one of my stale smoke impregnated EMs, I recognize that as pinball.

I confess, I love that smell.

#2354 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I confess, I love that smell.

Me too. It's weird. I don't smoke. My parents did and as kids we hated it. Walking into a bowling alley or tavern back then it always smelled like stale beer and cigarettes. Once in awhile you can catch a whiff of that old smell in a machine and it brings back a warm nostalgia.

#2355 3 years ago

I confess I traded a virtual Pin for a SEGA Maverick. Guy hated it 4 hours later and wanted a return. Some how he lost all the games in a PC Crash. I wanted to help him recover the system, but he became drunken and threatening...

#2356 3 years ago

I moved a twilight zone up a flight of stairs today by myself. I must have sounded like Danny Glover because with every step I mumbled " I'm getting to old for this sh*t."

#2357 3 years ago
    Hulka (resized).jpgHulka (resized).jpg
    #2358 3 years ago

I’ve never rotated my tires.

#2359 3 years ago

Things i don't own;

heater
    airconditioner
    weedwhacker
    leafblower
    lawn mower
    clothesline
    partner
    boss

#2360 3 years ago

I have trolled a thread or 2 maybe 3 or 4...dammit anyone keeping a data sheet on this?

#2361 3 years ago

I confess I've been in two minds about starting our weekly match play sunday social day back up. Pressure from the players has got to me though and i'm looking forward to it today.

Thinking we are a fair way out of the infection zone here and a bit of liberal hand san and some social distancing will go a long way.

#2362 3 years ago

I like this social distance stuff.

7 months into the year and I have not even had a cold yet.

(you could also use this if you get called into a situation you do not want to mess with, say...jury duty. When you walk in and they scan your temperature, you can say "I am sure I am fine now, my temperature finally just went away after being high for the last 2 weeks).

It sucks that friends do not want to come by and play pinball, but now they are liking ping pong, easy to keep a distance with that.

#2363 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I’ve never rotated my tires.

Pretty sure they rotate every time you drive.

#2364 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I confess I've been in two minds about starting our weekly match play sunday social day back up. Pressure from the players has got to me though and i'm looking forward to it today.

Thinking we are a fair way out of the infection zone here and a bit of liberal hand san and some social distancing will go a long way.

Just do the social distancing as much as possible and maybe put out some disinfectant wipes so everyone can wipe down buttons etc. after each play.

#2365 3 years ago

I play Firepower more than Iron Maiden Premium....

#2366 3 years ago

I got talked out of selling my beautiful Gottlieb Totem to fund a very nice Stern Ali purchase I was pondering.. hmm, still kinda want a classic stern tho

#2367 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

I play Firepower more than Iron Maiden Premium....

I play w gorgar more then my taxi..

#2368 3 years ago

I have no problem pulling the glass down if a ball gets stuck.

BUT, if I ever have to lift a playfield, it is something way more serious than a light bulb not working.

TWD has a light that has never worked since day one, and over 3 years later the playfield has still never been lifted.

#2369 3 years ago

Fresh bread makes a sandwich

#2370 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Fresh bread makes a sandwich

Stale bread makes French toast.

LTG : )

#2371 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Stale bread makes French toast.
    LTG : )

How true, how true

#2372 3 years ago

French toast is better than waffles and pancakes.

#2373 3 years ago

They shoot bread dough out of a cannon to make panko crumbs.

#2374 3 years ago

Makes me think of Bob.

#2375 3 years ago

I started tearing down my Rollergames the weekend before July 4th. I told myself I'd order some parts on Monday to hopefully be here in time for the weekend and took Monday off so I'd have a long 4 day weekend. Today is the first day I touched it, and all I did was pull a few lamps.

#2376 3 years ago

My games get played so little they're getting to be like cars rusting in a driveway. Walked up to Monster Bash and the display is randomly spitting text out, won't start a game.
    Dracula going into crazy ball search, won't start.

I know electronics decay over time, but none have been played in prob 6 months. At this point, I start to wonder if it's worth keeping 20+ games if they are just wasting away.

#2377 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

My games get played so little they're getting to be like cars rusting in a driveway. Walked up to Monster Bash and the display is randomly spitting text out, won't start a game.
    I know electronics decay over time, but none have been played in prob 6 months. At this point, I start to wonder if it's worth keeping 20+ games if they are just wasting away.

I confess, I immediately looked at your collection!

#2378 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I have two areas. Up the front of the shed, what you might call my dining room/reception is a space where i sit just reading, or if people drop by (few every day)we sit there etc it has 4 pins.
    Then down the back is the rest of them in another room and they only get turned on if i want to play them or if i have more than 3 or 4 people here.

I rotate 1 or two of the games out each friday and swap them with new ones from down the back. This saves running 18 or 20 machines every day and means i get to enjoy the whole collection by playing each machine daily for a few weeks before it's swapped out. Also means the machines are getting played regularly and that my friends are delighted or amused when something like Spy Hunter pops up in the front room.

Maybe you could move one or two into a space you use daily and rotate them easily?

#2379 3 years ago

If your marriage and wallet can stand it, I highly recommend the “rotation” approach. My Metallica has been at my son’s apartment for 6 months, and I’m excited about bringing it back home next weekend. I’ve also got a 10x10 storage unit for project pins, but as I’ve finished projects it’s more and more just overflow space. I try to rotate in a different solid state pin every 4-6 months.

#2380 3 years ago

I can’t resist pushing these buttons in hotels.

7647E093-5DA2-4765-A9C9-A9D894FC4873 (resized).jpeg7647E093-5DA2-4765-A9C9-A9D894FC4873 (resized).jpeg

#2381 3 years ago

I confess that out of all the posts I have made on Pinside, I only regret one of them.

That post I was just goofing off because me and my girlfriend are not into skin ink, but I was insensitive, and I am truly sorry.

It hit me when I seen a pic of someone on here I really respect had their arms inked up pretty good.

Not my thing but I know when people do that, everything they do has a meaning for them.

I respect all that more than ever. I am a lot better person now than I was maybe 5 months ago when I typed that in.

I am old, but I am still growing up and learning. And hopefully becoming more kind and caring.

Peace!

#2382 3 years ago

Good post. i had the same sort of thing when i made friends with a girl not long ago.
    Just never been friends with a girl before, they were always my mates missus or hangers on or just girls.

It took me a while to figure that what i considered to be ribbing between mates (it's pretty fierce in Australia) was hurtful to someone who had not grown up with that shit.

Guess you never know who you're talking too. (that's not really my knee).
    snake2 (resized).jpgsnake2 (resized).jpg

#2383 3 years ago

I have no clue how the Pinside point system works, but sometimes I may make a post while having a few too many beers I kind of wonder if I am about to lose 30k points after I hit the send button.

I love Pinside and all the people I have met here. Several are enjoying pins now that we just never played anymore.

I would love to do another road trip to get a NIB from Jason, but my back and knees now has me chilled out.

It is nice though to see all the games, while laying in bed with back pain, thinking DAMN, I have to get back to playing these games, not long ago we were having so much fun, and now it hurts to move at all.

Getting old sucks anyway, but add in some knee and back pain, just too much. (and no, I have never been a wimp, was always tough, but damn now the pains are even making my head hurt).

Long Live Pinside!

#2384 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have no clue how the Pinside point system works, but sometimes I may make a post while having a few too many beers I kind of wonder if I am about to lose 30k points after I hit the send button.

Those ones you wonder about are usually your most entertaining posts - keep it up!

#2385 3 years ago

scammers.

I was just reading some topics here about problems going on.

(crap, meant to hit the bitch topic).

Anyway, to fit in here I confess that my first NIB I ever bought, and drove to and picked up at the distributor, I thought I was being scammed.

I really thought the box was too small to have a pin inside.

(and even now I am impressed how these big games come out of boxes that to me just look too small to put a game in).

#2386 3 years ago

I confess that the next game may not be a pin.

Talk on here about Big Buck Hunter got me interested. (I have never seen one or played one).

While ago I asked my girlfriend if she ever wanted to target practice with a gun. She lit up, yes, I have been wanting to go to a shooting range. (that was cool)!

Then I told her what I know about this game, and she was a tad sad "I really don't want to shoot a pretty deer".

I said yeah, but it is not even a real deer. And they have games where you shoot Zombies also.

She lit up again and said she would love to hunt some Zombies!

She is very awesome and I should let her win some pinball games and Golden Tee games, but I am just too competitive for my own good.

(she has won a few games, but I never let her, she beat me fair and square). (one time her grandson thought he was about to beat me on MET, but that one last shot I needed to fry Sparky got me that win).

Sorry if I am a asshole, but I will never just throw a game to let anyone win.

(I mean yes, if I was ever helping out with someone with special needs I would totally throw a game to help them have a good time). That is a totally different situation.

And I am not that great, not winning by a landslide. I lose sometimes and her name is on my games.

AND, she knows how serious I am, and when she wins she always says "you let me win didn't you"?

And same as always I say "why hell no, my arms are both broke and I am in casts and playing with my feet, you knew you could take me this time". (totally joking in case anyone read all this).

(for real though) When she wins, if I am in good shape she is like hell yeah, I was finally able to beat you again.

And when my back or knees are messed up, she is like sorry you don't feel good, and it sucks that you were not able to feel good and do better, but at least I won, just not the same.

After dinner for a little exercise before other games we have been playing ping pong. She has only won once, but normally keeps it close, and sometimes she gets a good lead and I make a come back.

And I confess that with ping pong, I will say "Damn that was a great shot you just made"! When she kicks my ass.

I also get excited when she is having a awesome game on a pin, but I do not say a word to make her nervous or anything, but if she asks what do I need to shoot for now I tell her.

For some reason though, Golden Tee has us very competitive. She loves that game and pretends she is going to hit me or whatever else at times.

Recently we went to a frisbee golf course(free, hell yeah!), and now she is looking at custom frisbees she wants to buy before we go again to try to beat me.

Sorry to bore with a long rant, carry on...

#2387 3 years ago

Hey Johnny, sounds like your girlfriend wants to go to a real gun range. My wife loves going mainly I think because her aim is better than mine!

#2388 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hey Johnny, sounds like your girlfriend wants to go to a real gun range. My wife loves going mainly I think because her aim is better than mine!

I just got the pricing info back and a real gun range is a whole lot less money.

1 week later
    #2389 3 years ago

I may have to get a new girlfriend, this one does not seem to care about pinball anymore.

All she wants to do is play ping pong, then golden tee, then get naked.

I want to play ping pong, then pinball, then golden tee, then get naked.

(we play ping pong to just get some exercise after dinner. I enjoy it, but my knees say hell no after 20 minutes).

#2390 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

All she wants to do is play ping pong, then golden tee, then get naked.
    I want to play ping pong, then pinball, then golden tee, then get naked.

Maybe try getting naked first then play ping pong, pinball and golden tee.

#2391 3 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Maybe try getting naked first

I wish she would get naked "while" playing all the games.

#2392 3 years ago

I confess I love working from home due to covid and I kind of hope I can continue doing that for a long time forward.

#2393 3 years ago

I confess that I keep going back to the sideways photo thread to stare at the blonde.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-we-stop-with-the-sideways-photos#post-5783403

#2394 3 years ago

Confession;

Just now filling the 5 person spa for the first time since i bought it new nearly 6 months ago.

spa1 (resized).jpgspa1 (resized).jpg

#2395 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confession;
    Just now filling the 5 person spa for the first time since i bought it new nearly 6 months ago.

Oh man, I want one of those.

My confession: I wore the same pair of shorts for 7 days and finally wore something new this morning. I’m only wearing shorts/pants because my mom lives with us, and I don’t want her to think she can start hanging out in her underwear.

#2396 3 years ago

Confession:

I am so glad I have never had a mother-in-law and had to put up with their crap.

My girlfriend is awesome, but I get so tired of hearing about all the crap her mother puts her through.

Her mother is always super nice around me, but I have heard phone conversations when my girlfriend would call her Mom, and her Mom would the answer phone with a very loud "WHAT"!!!

So I know my girlfriend is telling the truth just from what I have heard on the phone.

Her Mom is just pure evil for some reason.

2nd Confession:

I will never have a mother-in-law anyway, I plan to stick it out with my girlfriend without anything official, and her Mom is getting up there in years.

3rd Confession:

I am sorry I am not as funny as normal. After this many Natties I usually would lighten up a tad more.

#2397 3 years ago

One last confession tonight.

With this virus stuff I have been good, and bad.

Good that I am actually trying to do great and not catch it in the first place or take a chance of spreading if I were to have it and not even know it.

Bad:

Hell no I am not going to your birthday party I did not want to go to anyway because your family will be there and I am trying to stay away from people with this virus stuff going on. (girlfriend)

Hell no I am not going to work out of town at the moment with this virus stuff going on. (a client I do a lot of work for, but they have too many rules for me at that place...a army base).

And I confess that I hate dentists, they are way too damn high. Last surgery I ever needed was less money than last trip to a dentist.

I love a good doctor, but these days dentist's just suck.

It was not always this way. Way back when I was a kid the dentist's were actually less money to go to than the doctor.

Yeah, I confess I am pretty old, to remember all that.

#2398 3 years ago

I confess that I was going to play pinball while ago, but my girlfriend is not here, and when we youtube music she can not stand Meat Loaf for whatever reason...

So my neighbor 1/4 mile away I am sure just heard some Meat Loaf for a while.

I do not listen to Meat Loaf much, but when I do neighbors hear it also. (that is just the kid part left in this old man).

Oh, and never have a buzz and tell a girlfriend a song reminds you of an ex, you will never be able to hear that song again.

#2399 3 years ago

I confess that while ago me and my lady played some TWD for the first time in a very long time, and she kicked my ass 3/4 of the games played. (it was her birthday). (but for real, I never let anyone win, I just sucked).

I confess that anytime I see LTG make a post on Pinside, I give him a thumbs up. LTG is a true MVP.

I confess that I am about useless when it comes to trying to help with any technical advice, sorry.

To make up for what I can not help with repair wise like LTG, I try to help entertain and make pinsiders laugh.

I confess I was looking at Pinside for 2 years all the time before I ever joined.

And to anyone I have ever pissed off here I am truly sorry.

(and if any doctors here, my brain is hurting like it used to when I was riding rollercoasters, but none of that in a year, and all of a sudden just walking is hurting my brain). (I am serious).

(and trying to be funny again) There has to be some doctors here because most others can not afford 10k NIB these days.

I wish each and all of you the best always!

Johnny

#2400 3 years ago

I'm generally a metal head, but I also love Polka music.

4636476_0 (resized).jpg4636476_0 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/48?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.