Topic Stats

• 2,358 posts
  • 562 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by onemoresean
  • Topic is favorited by 94 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 123 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Hulka (resized).jpg
B8E44687C81A46859F1989842005B00C (resized).jpg
stick (resized).jpg
Natty (resized).jpg
E2FEDCDC-FDD0-497C-818E-FA10D4BB124B (resized).jpeg
82AD34A9-55AF-4449-812C-5576B981DFF2 (resized).jpeg
7EACD3F9-919B-437E-BBA8-5352EED0069A.gif
2DA85D78-7C61-43B5-B442-EE86FC228D88 (resized).jpeg
images.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1587960620959 (resized).jpg
101_0897 (resized).JPG
beatenbygirl1 (resized).jpg
snake14 (resized).jpg
beer2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0315.JPG
beer2 (resized).jpg

There are 2358 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 48.
#2251 56 days ago

I never liked Nirvana, and still don’t.

#2252 56 days ago

In the same vein i can't stand that screaming fuck your mother headbanging metal shit. I don't get why people want to listen to some angry prick screaming his lungs out about whatever the fuck he might be screaming about but you can't understand.

And they still call themselves vocalists.

#2253 56 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

In the same vein i can't stand that screaming fuck your mother headbanging metal shit. I don't get why people want to listen to some angry prick screaming his lungs out about whatever the fuck he might be screaming about but you can't understand.
And they still call themselves vocalists.

Power of suggestion and shitty attitude.

#2254 56 days ago

I confess i don't know what that means. I mean i know what the individual words mean and the phrases, just not how they apply in this case.

#2255 56 days ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Was it any good?

Actually, we opened it and was so dry it just turned to powder when you rolled it between your fingers.

#2256 55 days ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Oh well, whatever, nevermind.

#2257 55 days ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I once picked a Bobby Orr Power Play to do a repair on it. I get it to the shop and take out the board to fix the battery damage. Found a bag of "stuff" tucked behind the board. He came by the shop and we asked about it. The game was his dads and the bag was his when he was a teenager. He guessed it had to be 20+ years old.

So, was it Booger sugar or hippy hay?!

#2258 55 days ago

There's nothing on the internet and i got bored enough to winterize my clothing cupboard, shorts and singlets to the back, track pants and long sleeve tee's to the front. Even sorted the printed tees into one pile and the sports tees into another.

ShootMePunkin

#2259 55 days ago

Confess i was in the Dr's surgery waiting with another person yesterday when i walked across the room and straightened a painting hanging crooked on the wall. The young woman was smiling conspiratorially as i walked back to stand against the wall where i had been, and nodded to a framed certificate sitting two feet behind the receptionists chair that was at least 8 degrees out.

How the fuck can someone look at that shit day in and day out and not reach up to make it straighter?

The worst of the worst are fixtures, like switches and sockets in the wall that some tradie who never should have gotten past first year has put them in without using a level (or having a reliable eye).

#2260 54 days ago

don't sweat the petty things....
Pet the sweaty things

#2261 54 days ago

I've really got to work harder at getting games on my wishlist.

#2262 54 days ago

This is not pinball related but.....

I hate when you post a wanted ad and some arsehole says, yeah, I've got that...not sure I want to sell though.....ok....well bugger off mate!! That post doesn't help and now I don't know if I should pm you and politely ask the question or not?!?

And then when I do...you turn into a little b*tch

#2263 54 days ago

Whenever I mow the lawn, I think to myself: “Mowing the Lawn, Mowing the Lawn!” like this

2DA85D78-7C61-43B5-B442-EE86FC228D88 (resized).jpeg
#2264 51 days ago

Dude if you want to really get under the skin just say foo fighters was better off.

#2265 49 days ago

When I started working from home 2 months ago, I thought awesome, I'll be able to go through the games and wax them, tweak all the little stuff you let go, that kinda stuff - and I have some dumbells here, I can start doing some exercising since I'm just gonna be sitting here....

notta.

#2266 49 days ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

When I started working from home 2 months ago, I thought awesome, I'll be able to go through the games and wax them, tweak all the little stuff you let go, that kinda stuff - and I have some dumbells here, I can start doing some exercising since I'm just gonna be sitting here....
notta.

Same. I end up wasting so much time during the day doing useless shit like read these posts, that I end up going back to work after dinner to make up for all the time I wasted.

#2267 49 days ago

If toothbrushes were as pleasurable to use back in my childhood with the new silicon bristles rather than the old tough nylon ones, i probably would have more teeth now.

#2268 49 days ago

I’ve gotten to the age that sometimes an urgent piss feels almost as good as an orgasm.

#2269 48 days ago

I need another pinball machine

#2270 48 days ago

My girlfriend used to get bored when my pinball game lasted 30 minutes, and hers lasted 5.

Now that is flip-flopped with Golden Tee. Takes me 10 seconds to make a shot, takes her 5 minutes moving everything around and thinking about it, and another 10 minutes to get out of the woods.

I think she just likes Golden Tee because she can go off in the woods and hog the machine for a while.

She gets mad when I start singing that old Lynard Skynard song "That Smell", with the lyrics "oak tree you're in my way".

Man I laugh so hard she is about ready to hit me. My next shot is a short putt to the tee, while her next shot is a tree that there is no way to get around.

She is very awesome though, and I am glad she loves these games. She is actually hooked worse than I am.

AND, I am trying to chill out and be loving, but damn I can not help but to laugh with some of the ways her games go.

I laugh at my stuff also, almost had a heart attack laughing one time when my golf ball got stuck on the roof of a house while I was trying a shortcut, and Jim Nance or whatever his name is said "I hope he has insurance".

And while ago, me and her was having some beer at a bonfire, and I told her another pin was leaving shortly. She said "I have loved playing all the pins, and some I really got hooked on, but when you got Golden Tee, I said what pin, what is a pin".

I am so glad I have been able to play and own so many pins.

I am now downsizing to 2: Oktoberfest, and TWD pro. For me those 2 games have everything I love about pinball all there in just 2 totally different games.

I confess I will miss some games I have sold, but I always keep my sales local and get to meet the buyer so I can strike up a first dibs if you want to sell in the future with games I really like.

The biggest issue is time. I want to play a whole lot of games, I just never have enough time.

I had hoped this pandemic would slow my work down so I could enjoy games more, no, just as busy as ever, and that sucks, I am ready to slow down.

But now, at least I am ready to say screw the bs, my one customer that pays very well I am ready to drop the next time they want to put me in a situation that stresses me. And I think he can sense I am about ready to retire from that work, because for a while now he has been super cool, instead of being short like in the past.

Life is just super funny anyway. People are all just so different, in ways, and in some ways we are all the same.

Like here on Pinside, I have seen comments that I am blocked because of my long rants. And some people like my long rants, want to know what Natty I am on(not sure...15?), anyway, we are all different with some common stuff, and that is what makes life awesome.

On Pinside I try to be nice and never get moderated. In real life, if I like you, you will think we are brothers. I will do my best to make you laugh and smile. BUT, in real life if you piss me off, I will talk about the opposite from what you want to hear even if I do not agree with what I am actually telling you.

(20?) all good, rant over.

#2271 48 days ago

No way in hell I'm going to read that one

#2272 48 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

My girlfriend used to get bored when my pinball game lasted 30 minutes, and hers lasted 5.
Now that is flip-flopped with Golden Tee. Takes me 10 seconds to make a shot, takes her 5 minutes moving everything around and thinking about it, and another 10 minutes to get out of the woods.
I think she just likes Golden Tee because she can go off in the woods and hog the machine for a while.
She gets mad when I start singing that old Lynard Skynard song "That Smell", with the lyrics "oak tree you're in my way".
Man I laugh so hard she is about ready to hit me. My next shot is a short putt to the tee, while her next shot is a tree that there is no way to get around.
She is very awesome though, and I am glad she loves these games. She is actually hooked worse than I am.
AND, I am trying to chill out and be loving, but damn I can not help but to laugh with some of the ways her games go.
I laugh at my stuff also, almost had a heart attack laughing one time when my golf ball got stuck on the roof of a house while I was trying a shortcut, and Jim Nance or whatever his name is said "I hope he has insurance".
And while ago, me and her was having some beer at a bonfire, and I told her another pin was leaving shortly. She said "I have loved playing all the pins, and some I really got hooked on, but when you got Golden Tee, I said what pin, what is a pin".
I am so glad I have been able to play and own so many pins.
I am now downsizing to 2: Oktoberfest, and TWD pro. For me those 2 games have everything I love about pinball all there in just 2 totally different games.
I confess I will miss some games I have sold, but I always keep my sales local and get to meet the buyer so I can strike up a first dibs if you want to sell in the future with games I really like.
The biggest issue is time. I want to play a whole lot of games, I just never have enough time.
I had hoped this pandemic would slow my work down so I could enjoy games more, no, just as busy as ever, and that sucks, I am ready to slow down.
But now, at least I am ready to say screw the bs, my one customer that pays very well I am ready to drop the next time they want to put me in a situation that stresses me. And I think he can sense I am about ready to retire from that work, because for a while now he has been super cool, instead of being short like in the past.
Life is just super funny anyway. People are all just so different, in ways, and in some ways we are all the same.
Like here on Pinside, I have seen comments that I am blocked because of my long rants. And some people like my long rants, want to know what Natty I am on(not sure...15?), anyway, we are all different with some common stuff, and that is what makes life awesome.
On Pinside I try to be nice and never get moderated. In real life, if I like you, you will think we are brothers. I will do my best to make you laugh and smile. BUT, in real life if you piss me off, I will talk about the opposite from what you want to hear even if I do not agree with what I am actually telling you.
(20?) all good, rant over.

You lost me after “My girlfriend....

#2273 48 days ago

Just read the next to last sentence, that'll be enough to keep you thinking for a few minutes.

#2274 47 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

You lost me after “My girlfriend....

Agreed. This used to be one of my favorite threads. Not any more...

#2275 46 days ago

I hate sauce on pizza, no red sauce needed, only some awesome cheese and meat.

(and maybe that fits here or the bitch thread).

(9)

#2276 46 days ago

I’d like to see johnnypinball007 do a podcast of jimmy Fallon-type thank you notes after a dozen plus Nattys...

example: “Thank you, Golden Tee! For keeping my girlfriend busy while I play more pinball!”

7EACD3F9-919B-437E-BBA8-5352EED0069A.gif
#2277 46 days ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Agreed. This used to be one of my favorite threads. Not any more...

Yeah, we need to get back to pinball confessions. I’ve veered off topic too much myself.

#2278 46 days ago

Here's one....I cant stand virtual pinball machines.

#2279 46 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I cant stand virtual pinball machines.

Virtual pins have their place. But not in my place.

#2280 46 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Here's one....I cant stand virtual pinball machines.

Still not a confession.

Confessions should be things that you have done in the past that you know were wrong.

#2281 46 days ago

I’ve sold both Avatar and Iron Man, and I miss Avatar more. Mostly because I sold it too fast. No, I don’t want another Avatar.

#2282 46 days ago

I posted stuff in the Coronavirus thread to see how far I could push the moderation boundary. I got kicked off today and I feel very relieved.

#2283 46 days ago

I get a little pissed when friends beat me up on the price of a pin and try to sell it for considerably more shortly after. In the end I agreed to the price and shouldn't care what happens to it after, but I would like a decent deal to be passed along I guess. Especially if no value was added. I have bought broken games from friends and made considerable amounts of money, but I've added value to the game by repairing or restoring. Obviously this doesn't apply to games sold a year or 2 after when the market has changed.

#2284 46 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I get a little pissed when friends beat me up on the price of a pin and try to sell it for considerably more shortly after. In the end I agreed to the price and shouldn't care what happens to it after, but I would like a decent deal to be passed along I guess. Especially if no value was added. I have bought broken games from friends and made considerable amounts of money, but I've added value to the game by repairing or restoring. Obviously this doesn't apply to games sold a year or 2 after when the market has changed.

I get pissed when strangers do this to me, I can’t even imagine a friend doing it.

#2285 46 days ago

Which reminds me that I have “paid it forward” so many rimes with good prices on games, giving away free parts and plastics etc..only to have the games flipped and freebies received without even a “got it thanks” or I find out the person doesn’t even own the game I gave him a free set of plastics for. I think I’m done paying shit forward.

#2286 45 days ago

I posted stuff in the Coronavirus thread to see how far I could push the moderation boundary. I got kicked off today and I feel very relieved.

Ah well, it is the Serious section. I know we disagree sometimes online, but if you’re ever in Atlanta give me a shout and let me invite you over for beers and pinball. Just don’t tell me you hate older pins, that’s fighting words.

#2287 45 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ah well, it is the Serious section. I know we disagree sometimes online, but if you’re ever in Atlanta give me a shout and let me invite you over for beers and pinball. Just don’t tell me you hate older pins, that’s fighting words.

Sounds great! Thanks for the invite .. as for “older” pins, will this little pride and joy put me in good steed with you....?
82AD34A9-55AF-4449-812C-5576B981DFF2 (resized).jpeg

#2288 45 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

Confessions should be things that you have done in the past that you know were wrong.

While I 100% agree with that, I also think confessions can also be about what you are currently doing or planning on doing in the future also.

And right now I confess that I do not want to run into my plumber anytime soon, because he thought he was about to make a lot of money off me updating my house, and I had some spare time so I have been doing that work myself.

As far as a pinball confession, I have been lazy and not even installed tilt bobs on the last 3 games I picked up nib, I figured hell, I do not shake/nudge them much anyway.

#2289 45 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

I bet you have a virtual pinball machine.

#2290 45 days ago

Sounds great! Thanks for the invite .. as for “older” pins, will this little pride and joy put me in good steed with you....?
[quoted image]

Great restoration! I need to “adopt” a pin older than me from Craigslist one of these days. They pop up from time to time.

#2291 45 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Great restoration! I need to “adopt” a pin older than me from Craigslist one of these days. They pop up from time to time.

nate deserves all the props on this one!

#2292 45 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I bet you have a virtual pinball machine.

No, I don't. I dislike them too, but saying whether I like them or hate them is not a confession. It should be something you know was or is wrong.

Just saying "I confess" in front of an opinion is still just an opinion.

Example:

Not a Confession: "I confess, I like vanilla ice cream."

Confession: : I've been sleeping with my neighbor's wife and he doesn't know his youngest kid is mine. "

#2293 45 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

No, I don't. I dislike them too, but saying whether I like them or hate them is not a confession. It should be something you know was or is wrong.
Just saying "I confess" in front of an opinion is still just an opinion.
Example:
Not a Confession: "I confess, I like vanilla ice cream."
Confession: : I've been sleeping with my neighbor's wife and he doesn't know his youngest kid is mine. "

I confess, you take this a bit too serious.

#2294 45 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

You, too?

#2295 45 days ago

I flail at the ball with the upper right flipper on STTNG all the time, even though I know it ends up down the left outlanes 95% of the time.

#2296 43 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Same. I end up wasting so much time during the day doing useless shit like read these posts, that I end up going back to work after dinner to make up for all the time I wasted.

I confess that this made me quit reading this thread... For now.

#2297 40 days ago

After owning a game for a year or two I’ll actually read the apron cards for their rules and think, “Oh! That’s why the game does that. Hmm, makes sense...

#2298 39 days ago

I actually just read through the first 3 pages of this thread, and seen how it started as mostly pinball related. My bad.

#2299 39 days ago

My right hand middle finger is so bruised from playing that this morning i am getting pains from the mouse wheel and have had to switch to index finger for it.

#2300 39 days ago

I’d rather change 3 diapers than swap out targets in a Bally drop target bank. Those damned E-clips!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 2358 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 48.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside