Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 251.
    #2101 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I built a 18 hole putt putt course in my backyard

please tell me you have photos to share

#2102 4 years ago

As far as golf..., not on the radar, but not off it either. We have been playing Golden Tee for several months and love it. I big time get the wind speed and direction and the lay of the land and the greens.

Anyway, a frisbee golf course opened near here about 2 years ago, and I bought frisbees, and we still have never made it out to do that. I once played frisbee golf on vacation in the NC mountains and loved it.

Hell, I used to take my boat out night fishing all the time, now the last few years the boat only makes it out maybe 2 times a year. A big reason for that is wind though. When I do have time to take the boat out it is just too windy anymore. And wind over the water feels 10 times stronger than wind on land. Makes fishing a pain.

#2103 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

please tell me you have photos to share

Not really. That one photo was for a friend a while back.

#2104 4 years ago

I like the social distancing in public, I hope it lasts forever. I used to get tired of standing still in a line and others bumping into me and stepping on my shoes.

I never understood why they call some cell phones a smart phone, when it seems to make people stupid. I have seen first hand people walking down a sidewalk not paying attention to anything else other than their phone, and take a nasty face hit on a stop sign at the end of the street.

If that was not bad enough already here came the selfie stick. I have seen a lot of news footage of people walking off a cliff or whatever while doing that.

#2105 4 years ago

I wonder if little kids still look up “fart” in the dictionary together and giggle like maniacs.

#2106 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I wonder if little kids still look up “fart” in the dictionary together and giggle like maniacs.

I think kids Google "dictionary".

#2107 4 years ago
    Quoted from RoyGBev:

Love early sold states but not Space Invaders. A slow version of Silverball Mania (itself largely lifted from Williams Miss-O though I like it) and the alien thing is such an obvious rip off of the creature in Alien.

I own a miss-o annnd a silver ball mania .. and I'd want a space invaders based on theme alone!

#2108 4 years ago

I never understood why they call some cell phones a smart phone, when it seems to make people stupid. I have seen first hand people walking down a sidewalk not paying attention to anything else other than their phone, and take a nasty face hit on a stop sign at the end of the street.

right!! And why do they call it a smart car when u look like an idiot driving one?!

#2109 4 years ago
    Quoted from RoyGBev:

Love early sold states but not Space Invaders. A slow version of Silverball Mania (itself largely lifted from Williams Miss-O though I like it) and the alien thing is such an obvious rip off of the creature in Alien.

Been on the hunt for a nice Spacies for ages. It's top of my list. Love the space invaders sounds and the quickening tempo. Such a beautiful machine and great topper. Next on the list is another that's hated, Orbitor 1 by Stern, then another skidder, Stargate by Gottlieb, a Premier no less.

#2110 4 years ago

Social distancing is right in my wheelhouse.

#2111 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaMoib:

Social distancing is right in my wheelhouse.

I wish every grocery store, restaurant, amusement park, etc., would just paint lines on the floor to remind everyone to always social distance from now on.

Not only for the current mess, but to help slow down colds and flues and whatever may happen in the future.

I confess I keep my damn distance in public now.

#2112 4 years ago

I wish every grocery store, restaurant, amusement park, etc., would just paint lines on the floor to remind everyone to always social distance from now on.
    Not only for the current mess, but to help slow down colds and flues and whatever may happen in the future.
    I confess I keep my damn distance in public now.

I agree 100%.

My wife and I are doing our best to stay in. Yesterday we needed some groceries. We decided to divide and conquer. I went to a little mom and pop store not too far from us and she went to a larger chain store. Now the mom and pop place has great meat but can be pricy. I picked up several cuts of meat and a few other things. The people there were great. Both customers and employees. No talking, people used hand gestures to let others go ahead or around them, every one keep 6 feet or more between them, and was a very comfortable experience.
    Now my wife had the opposite. At the bigger chain store people were rude, not respecting the 6 foot rule, talking on their phones, and worst of all, brought multiple children with them. She couldn't get out fast enough. I told her for now on we will spend 20 bucks more and just shop at the small store.

I should also mention I am in Oakland county MI. We have a severe outbreak going right now with a few thousand cases the last 2 weeks. I still don't understand how people in my area are still so casual about this virus.

#2113 4 years ago

I still look on the Seattle CL and marketplace for used pins, even though I can’t cross the border, and have no room for a pin..

#2114 4 years ago

I’ve broke 200 lbs for the first time in my life. This sucks. Usually 185-190

#2115 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I’ve broke 200 lbs for the first time in my life. This sucks. Usually 185-190

That's okay. As we grow older. And like to sit more. They give us something bigger to sit with.

LTG : )

#2116 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That's okay. As we grow older. And like to sit more. They give us something bigger to sit with.
    LTG : )

I hear you but no way. I’m on my feet being a carpenter all day every day. This quarantine shit is messing me up. Sit around with nothing to do but eat, watch tv, and browse pinside is all I do now. I hate it

#2117 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I hear you but no way. I’m on my feet being a carpenter all day every day. This quarantine shit is messing me up. Sit around with nothing to do but eat, watch tv, and browse pinside is all I do now. I hate it

The worst thing about being a carpenter, at least here in MI, even if you go out to a new build doing work alone you can be fined for not following the stay at home order. Our governor did a town hall style meeting earlier this evening. One of the questions was why can't someone who works alone continue working if they don't see anyone else. She went on this long speech about everyone needs to do their part, even if you are alone, you still need to be out and blah, blah, blah. The next Question was great. She was asked why the lottery is still up and running. People are lining up at gas stations and party stores to get lottery tickets. This is a face to face transaction with money and slips trading hands creating contact. Is this a.....instant commercial. When the single commercial that was played finished she was talking about something else. I love the hypocrisy. Don't go out unless you need the basics. Food, prescriptions, lottery tickets.

#2118 4 years ago

I've given my wife a German oven (fart in bed and aggressively cover her with the blanket). It was only once, because no woman can typically survive more than one German oven. Dutch ovens are far less lethal.

We just had our ten year anniversary and couldn't be happier.

#2119 4 years ago

I really like that there is no sports on tv, no sports in the magazines and no sports on radio. My life is better now when I dont have to actively avoid uninteresting sport news whenever I watch something.

#2120 4 years ago

^^^^^^ must love reruns and coronavirus news which is far more worse then the sports we don’t have.

#2121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I really like that there is no sports on tv, no sports in the magazines and no sports on radio. My life is better now when I dont have to actively avoid uninteresting sport news whenever I watch something.

Wow, someone like me!

#2122 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I lost 70lbs in 2 years, went from 5xl to L. The only thing i did was realise that it's good for me to go without things.

I have an Up and Go protein drink in the morning, and one small meal at night. You get over being hungry in the first week and start to revel in going without.
    Then i go without my car sometimes and walk into town, or go without my jumper etc.

I've even been known to go without my pot now and then. The only exemption is beer, i don't go without that.

#2123 4 years ago

I’ve found pot to be very bad for my weight.

Anyone got any Cheetos?

#2124 4 years ago

wrong Thread. Deleted

#2125 4 years ago

Have no fear! Jesus is here!!!! Turning stones into pizzas and water into wine

C7B7C0A8-9A75-4105-9810-ECA7DC35455E (resized).jpegC7B7C0A8-9A75-4105-9810-ECA7DC35455E (resized).jpeg
    #2126 4 years ago

I must be getting old, I don't remember where this fuse came from.

IMG_0244 (resized).JPGIMG_0244 (resized).JPG
    #2127 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I must be getting old, I don't remember where this fuse came from.[quoted image]

Aaahhhh, one of those 1,000,000 amp fuses

#2128 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I must be getting old, I don't remember where this fuse came from.[quoted image]

macgyver 80s

#2129 4 years ago

I confess that the last 3 years I have rolled my eyes at my girlfriend all the time for having hand sanitizer all over the place and using it so much. NOW, I am so glad we are together.

I confess I still don't use that stuff as much as she does, but I big time have went from 0 to about 6 times a day.

#2130 4 years ago

I confess that I know when the Bud truck makes it's delivery to my store, so to avoid contact, I get my natty light in the parking lot.

And early mornings always suck, but right now at this time I feel awesome!

#2131 4 years ago

I almost forgot. Sometimes friends and media stories can make me a tad too paranoid.

The light bulb thing. These new high dollar bulbs a few years ago was not lasting me long before blowing, and supposed to save on the power bill, and none of that was working for me the way I heard it should be.

SO..a friend, and media was talking about how all the old light bulbs were going to be never made again, and you would have to spend money to have all your fixtures upgraded.

I was not doing well at the time, and I spent money at the time hoarding a ton of bulbs, all kinds of sizes and watts I use.

At least I made it through all that, and I will never have to buy any kind of bulb the rest of my life.

And no, I am not the asshole that hoarded any toilet paper, I only hoarded light bulbs a few years ago.

BUT, if you are close by, and may need a light bulb, we may be able to work out a trade soon.

AND, I confess that I am tempted right now to try to put a smiley face thing here right now...I am at the age that I am not into that crap. and it just seems silly to be polite, or stupid for the way I really feel about it.

Anyway, I wish all of you the best always!

Grab your natty light and toast now from 6 feet away!

(seriously, please stay at least 6 feet away, I thing 12 is better right now).

#2132 4 years ago

In my experience, Oreos are a drug.

#2133 4 years ago

I need my own personal doctor strange to refill my beer mug.

#2134 4 years ago

My week supply of beef jerky lasted one day.

#2135 4 years ago

After 3+ weeks in quarantine, I snuck into my wife's closet earlier and stole some of the Easter candy she is hiding. I was fiending some chocolate.

#2136 4 years ago

I put both my socks on first, then shoes. Right sock, left sock....right shoe, left shoe.

I always take four paper towel sheets when I wash my hands in public restrooms. Always four. Three seems like not enough. Five feels like too many. And I always use them to grab the door handle on the way out. Have done it for decades, not because of Covid.

#2137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I put both my socks on first, then shoes. Right sock, left sock....right shoe, left shoe.
    I always take four paper towel sheets when I wash my hands in public restrooms. Always four. Three seems like not enough. Five feels like too many. And I always use them to grab the door handle on the way out. Have done it for decades, not because of Covid.

Wait, does someone put one sock and shoe on, then the other sock and shoe?

#2138 4 years ago

Socks are the first thing I ever put on. And days when I do not have to go anywhere, well...

#2139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

That was an Archie Bunker All in the Family stick that was pretty hilarious between Archie and Michael

#2140 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

That was an Archie Bunker All in the Family stick that was pretty hilarious between Archie and Michael

Well, if there's a house fire, it's raining and we need to leave quickly, you're standing outside in two wet socks and I can hop around on my one dry sock and shoe.

You can't argue with that logic...

#2141 4 years ago

When taking a shower, I wash my head first & work down. When taking a bath, I wash my feet first, and work up.

#2142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

"schtick".................lol..........

#2143 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

"schtick".................lol..........

Spell check got me and too lazy to go back and correct it

#2144 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Yep, one foot at a time. You don't put one leg of your pants on and then one sleeve of your shirt.

Don'tTellMeYouDoPunkin

#2145 4 years ago

After being super cautious about germs for the past 3 weeks, I held a flashlight in my mouth to do some playfield soldering today.

#2146 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Yep, one foot at a time. You don't put one leg of your pants on and then one sleeve of your shirt.
    Don'tTellMeYouDoPunkin

#2147 4 years ago

Pinball confession:

I have NOT played any pinball games for over 20 years!

All the big local arcades closed shops 20 years ago in the San Gabriel Valley (east Los Angeles) area, so I just stopped playing. I didn’t bother to look further for places that have pinball machines.

I want to rekindle my passion for pinball. Any pinheads who know of big arcade shops in the area? Thanks!

#2148 4 years ago
    Quoted from PeeCee68:

Any pinheads who know of big arcade shops in the area?

http://eightytwo.la/

Might be close to you. Is closed right no for coronavirus.

#2149 4 years ago

I put all of my eggs in one basket today. One was broke when I got home.
    F0ECE910-49BB-404E-8F99-B77683BEAD89 (resized).jpegF0ECE910-49BB-404E-8F99-B77683BEAD89 (resized).jpeg

#2150 4 years ago

I wish I could run into a roadblock, have cops question me if I was essential, have the cops talk to my friend I do work for, and I could get a break and not have to go anywhere for a while.

BUT, in the travels I still have to do, I do not see any cops, everyone is going 20 above the speed limit, and part of that is probably due to the fact it is hard as hell to find a place to use the restroom at the moment.

I confess I do like to drive fast anyway, and not many cops around is a good thing, but when having to travel a few hours and no place to take a leak, except on the side of the road sucks.

Yeah, I confess I have no problem taking a leak on the side of the road, but I stay worried that while I am not seeing any cops at the moment, the last thing I need right now is a smartass one pulling up.

Back in the day that could be a ticket for public urination.

NOW, they can claim you to be a sex offender and have to register and a whole lot of stupid crap.

I, have never had any problems, and I hope I never do. BUT, I have heard enough stories I am always a tad nervous when it is my time and no where to go.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/43?hl=jaydee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.