Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,562 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 252.
    #2001 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Ha, that’s greenhornet - he has a hardon for me for some reason, downvotes every one of my posts. It doesn’t bother me.

7F0BF511-A7AA-4E6A-9FEA-2D9905014841 (resized).jpeg7F0BF511-A7AA-4E6A-9FEA-2D9905014841 (resized).jpeg
    #2002 4 years ago

I have drained all of the Covid19 related threads because they are full of the top Pinside trolls and have nothing to do with pinball

#2003 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I have drained all of the Covid19 related threads because they are full of the top Pinside trolls and have nothing to do with pinball

I confess that I read those threads just to see the trainwreck.

#2004 4 years ago

Surprised to see the confessional so empty!
    With the end of the world coming I thought more people might have something to get off their chest and repent their lifetime of sin!

#2005 4 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

Surprised to see the confessional so empty!
    With the end of the world coming I thought more people might have something to get off their chest and repent their lifetime of sin!

Not me. I'd do it all again. Maybe more. Best was hitting that cop with a hippie.

LTG : )

#2006 4 years ago

I Iike wheel of fortune

#2007 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'd do it all again. Maybe more.

I'd do it all again, but maybe less. Mainly just sticking to beer, and no other bad habits.

#2008 4 years ago

I re-soldered a wire to connector lug joint last night that works fine but looks awful.
    If I'm ever asked about it, I will deny responsibility and claim it was that way when I bought it.

#2009 4 years ago

I’ve bought dozens of games off Craigslist under the heading: pin ball.

Sure you gotta deal with trailer and bowling ads but I’ve founds some super cheap gems.

#2010 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

I’ve bought dozens of games off Craigslist under the heading: pin ball.

Same with searching Ebay. Lots of misspelled words used that can make searching hard. Unless you try common misspellings.

#2011 4 years ago

I have a confession.

Over 30 years ago. The restaurant a couple doors North of my business ( not same one or people now ) flushed all their grease and crap down the drains. The main drain line for the building is in their area. All the drains from the South or North end flow there and then run 280 feet East to the street.

So having the sewer blocked was common.

One night my toilet was draining real slow. So before anything I went over and asked it their drains were slow. The lady got mad at me, said no, and then really got mad at me for asking. I wasn't blaming anybody. I just wanted to know if they had a problem too ?

So I called Roto Rooter thinking it was on my stuff, after severe plunging did nothing. A guy came out. Checked a couple things. Said no need to go further, the main was plugged. ( Which the landlord wouldn't fix until the next morning when everybody complained ). He also added a bit of information for me. He said,"You know. Every time you flush, it comes up over there." That bit of information was worth the price of the service call after hours.

Since I had four or more hours to kill. About once every ten minutes, I went back and flushed the toilet.

I heard they had quite the mess in their bathroom and kitchen where the floor drain was.

I often wonder if they ever rethought the idea of yelling at me, and maybe shouldn't have done it ?

#2012 4 years ago

That is sweet Lloyd. You should post that on Reddit. r/pettyrevenge

#2013 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Since I had four or more hours to kill. About once every ten minutes, I went back and flushed the toilet.

Every ten minutes might have been a bit much. 12 or 13.

#2014 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Every ten minutes might have been a bit much. 12 or 13.

It was draining slow or I'd have been doing it every five minutes.

#2015 4 years ago

LTG Guess you didn't eat there for a few days...

#2016 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Guess you didn't eat there for a few days...

Once I saw the crap they made and their health standards. No, I didn't eat there.

#2017 4 years ago

I just ate some deli ham that was questionable, I would’ve thrown out 2 weeks ago, and it was delicious.

#2018 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I confess I like johnnypinball007 after he’s had a few Natty Lights and wish he had his collection available to see.

I confess I am a tad different and more paranoid with any kind of social info, because around here so many people are hooked on something, and committing petty thefts to buy more drugs or something.

I love my area, but it has been on the decline. This is not a gated golf community, but man pretty much a good traffic pattern with all kinds of backroads when everyone else is not moving in traffic.

A lot of people have moved out of this area, and they now have to commute a extra 40 minutes each way on average.

Not me, I hate traffic, and which ever direction I need to go from time to time I am mostly opposite of traffic flow. (I am a contractor, I work all over the place).

Long before I ever joined Pinside I was not only looking at the top 100 and comments, but also the map, for places to play and see if anyone near me had anything in their collection.

Once I joined Pinside I hid my collection, because I was worried about the petty crime in my area, and not wanting to become a target if any of those people found this site.

I know this site pretty well now, and like a while back on this topic I did post my games, but for a non-member, and even if I am logged out, the forums are a pain.

It all comes down to the fact that I love my house, and actually way more than I need. I love the way where I am I can go any direction other than north, and never sit in traffic. And I do have pretty good backroads to go north also.

And I can confess I had a tad much Natty, so sorry for another long rant.

Oh, and traffic has been very light the last 2 days, and I was having to do a 40 mile each way. I was not paying attention, passing a few cars, while a few cars also passing me, looked at my speed odometer and I was doing 95 in a 70, and the way everyone was driving felt more like 80 in a 70.

AND, I confess, that was so awesome the last 2 days, the slow pokes were going about 82 in a 70!

AND, while I was good with all that, and alert, and safe, and courteous, I have only had 10 hours sleep total in 72 hours now, and after one more Natty, I hope I can sleep for 12 hours to make up for some of that.

Keep driving Safe, and Fast!

#2019 4 years ago

I don't know why peeps post high scores on their games.. everyone has the games set up different..slope, extra balls, #of balls, outlane settings,glass on or off all play a big roll on them scores..

#2020 4 years ago

My second pin will be an EM. I’m holding out for a Gottlieb because.... I like the chimes.

#2021 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

My second pin will be an EM. I’m holding out for a Gottlieb because.... I like the chimes.

Do it. I have way too many pins, but the one I play 2-3 times a day without fail is my Abra Ca Dabra.

#2022 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

I have Gottlieb chimes in 2 Williams machines, best of both worlds.

#2023 4 years ago

Here’s my confession: I’ve had this beauty in storage since the 2018 SFGE, so about 20 months. She’s joining her sisters on “evil women row”:

01D58BD0-590D-422F-8C34-506FF8CC568D (resized).jpeg01D58BD0-590D-422F-8C34-506FF8CC568D (resized).jpeg6446B64B-EC0E-4B94-B2E3-9BDB8B4D55C6 (resized).jpeg6446B64B-EC0E-4B94-B2E3-9BDB8B4D55C6 (resized).jpeg
    #2024 4 years ago

Follow-up confession: this is my home office, and I allowed crap to pile up on Fathom and Medusa. I’m going to fix that tonight.

#2025 4 years ago

I have a coil that I purchased within the last month that I can't remember why I needed it.

#2026 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I don't know why peeps post high scores on their games.. everyone has the games set up different..slope, extra balls, #of balls, outlane settings,glass on or off all play a big roll on them scores..

I log high scores just for my own personal record keeping.

#2027 4 years ago

I yet to beat my g friends cousins high score on my gorgar..he’s not even a player-apparently I’m not either..

#2028 4 years ago

I bought 65 new balls from Pinballlife at their Expo party and haven't put them in the games yet.

I bought them in 2018.

#2029 4 years ago

I haven’t had sex without a dog staring me in the face in nearly a decade.

#2030 4 years ago

#2031 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I haven’t had sex without a dog staring me in the face in nearly a decade.

Well if somebody was having sex with me. I'd be staring at them too.

#2032 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I bought 65 new balls from Pinballlife at their Expo party and haven't put them in the games yet.
    I bought them in 2018.

I bought 100 new balls from Marco about 5 months ago when they sent me a email about a sale with free shipping.

I have also not installed any. BUT, right after the balls arrived, we discovered Golden Tee, and sadly the pins are not getting much play.

And I confess that I never planned to just change the balls to just be changing them. I still plan that anytime I have to take a glass off, to get a magnifying glass and compare the brand new to what is in the games, and decide from there.

And I confess that flipper rubbers are the only other part I have ever stockpiled, I currently have 11 of those.

#2033 4 years ago

I confess, the 2nd time I ever had to take the glass out of my nib Spider man VE, the tiny pin that connects the handle to the lockdown bar broke. I gently tapped it back in, and it held.

So, not knowing how long it would keep holding I contacted Stern. They were like yeah right, send us pics.

So, I broke it apart, like it had already done anyway, made pics, and Stern was awesome, calling me and emailing, and sent a new lockdown bar assembly. They even offered to have someone do the fix.

I confess, that if I ever were to sell SMVE, buyer remind me the game also comes with a brand new lockdown bar assembly, because apparently my fix worked better than what Stern had let slip through QC.

Stern did make that right.

But, at the same time I had another issue with another pin, and was ignored.

For now I am sticking with AP, and eventually will probably get a Hot Wheels. I just hope somehow, someway, it can have a switch for adult.

#2034 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Well if somebody was having sex with me. I'd be staring at them too.

Doh!

#2035 4 years ago

A few months ago my plumb fell off.... and stayed off.... and i enjoyed being aggressive with my girl ... and the plumb is still off

#2036 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s my confession: I’ve had this beauty in storage since the 2018 SFGE, so about 20 months. She’s joining her sisters on “evil women row”:[quoted image][quoted image]

STUNNING!!!!! love it

ok, confession: I am dismayed and exhausted by how much oxygen american politics sucks out of the globe. (hail Skroob)
    It's legit heartbreaking and demoralizing.

#2037 4 years ago

i worry about my adult children more now than when they were just kids

#2038 4 years ago

I bought a TZ at an online auction and put it on a credit card. I left it at my buddy’s place until I could ease into telling my wife. Then my job got cut and the virus thing happened. I am scared she is going to get the credit card bill before I do. The kicker is that my buddy is playing it everyday now that he’s working from home, having fun, while I stress.

#2039 4 years ago

I would claim I let my buddy borrow my credit card because he was having problems with his.

AND, IF, he does not pay me the money back that machine will be coming here so we can enjoy it!

#2040 4 years ago

I have a couple confessions...
    1. I love when 6 year old threads pop up. They are a blast to go to the beginning and see what people were thinking back then. (Check out the next stern pinball thread. People were speculating the same pins 4 years ago as they did 4 weeks ago.)
    2. Its been 8 days since my accounts had to close for social distance. I only left the house 4 times. My confession is it is now 11pm, I just looked in the mirror, and my shirt has been inside out all day. No one in the family noticed or didn't care to tell me.

#2041 4 years ago

I was on a work conference call today and I was the only one who muted my video, and it’s because I still had crazy hair from not taking a shower. I almost grabbed a baseball cap but I decided they didn’t deserve to see me anyway.

#2042 4 years ago

I confess that I have always stood in line pretty close to the person in front of me, because in my area a lot of rude people will try to line jump in between if I don't.

NOW, even after this blows over I will just still keep my distance like I am doing now, and just be more vocal:

If they look like they can kick my ass, I may look the other way.

If I can definitely take them, I will yell "Hey, the end of the line is back there"!

#2043 4 years ago

I confess I’m thinking of going to work because that's where my pinball machine is. But it’s not as bad as it sounds... it’s my place and no one but me and my wife will be there for two weeks.

#2044 4 years ago

I confess that when I was a kid, we would take trips to the Smokey Mountains, and I also knew about the Rocky Mountains.

My first long road trip was from Atlanta, GA, to St. Paul, MN, and the whole trip was pretty flat, a few hills. (way too many boring cornfields passing through IL).

So I always thought the USA was pretty flat.

A long time ago with a girlfriend at the time I went on a road trip from Atlanta to Scranton, PA, up 1-81, and man was I so surprised to see so many mountains, just going on and on forever. I got sick of seeing them and sometimes having to drive over them. I thought Scranton would just be this flat boring place, but it was mountain where I stayed, and cool(a bar on every corner of every residential street from what I was around).

And I had kind of heard about the Ozarks, but never thought about it until a trip to Silver Dollar city a couple years ago. I do think the Smokeys are bigger than the Ozarks, but WOW, Branson was like 10 times bigger it seemed than the Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge area I had grown up with.

Anyway, through the years I have travelled a lot in the USA, and I can 100% tell you this: Most people are kind and friendly all over, except my area. My area sucks as far as people that are rude and will try to cut in line and crap like that.

BUT, some days everyone is nice and holds the door for you when you have your hands full or whatever.

If I could just figure out the days that only the nice people would be out, life would be sweet.

#2045 4 years ago

I dropped one of these (an opaque projector) down a flight of stairs in 5th grade, and went from being the teacher’s favorite to “anybody but not that kid”. When you’re 10 you don’t know that you can’t take a big metal cart down the stairs by yourself, and you’re eager to please the adults. You’re rehearsing your “look what I did” speech even as you’re totally fucking up.

D05F3638-1E6F-4FDD-A71E-5B7C8E361921 (resized).jpegD05F3638-1E6F-4FDD-A71E-5B7C8E361921 (resized).jpeg
    #2046 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I dropped one of these (an opaque projector) down a flight of stairs in 5th grade, and went from being the teacher’s favorite to “anybody but not that kid”. When you’re 10 you don’t know that you can’t take a big metal cart down the stairs by yourself, and you’re eager to please the adults. You’re rehearsing your “look what I did” speech even as you’re totally fucking up.[quoted image]

I had a "Projector License" in Elementary School, couldn't have been more proud. Led to the Production of many
    Super Eight films for our close consumption.

#2047 4 years ago

I was on the light crew in high school. On pep rally days, we got out of first period, because we had to set up for the pep rally. Second period was the pep rally. I ran spotlight. third period was taking down from the pep rally. Now, all there was to setting it up and taking it down was turning the stage lights on or off, and sweeping the stage. It was fun being on the light crew!

#2048 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I had a "Projector License" in Elementary School, couldn't have been more proud. Led to the Production of many
    Super Eight films for our close consumption.

we called you guys AV nerds
    No offense, of course

#2049 4 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

we called you guys AV nerds
    No offense, of course

And now they are pin nerds, just like the rest of us.

#2050 4 years ago

I wish I could take a 6 week nap right about now.

There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/41?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.