Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 252.
    #1901 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

He went to Aussie Arcade when he left here.

He was only there for a few posts and wandered off.

#1902 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

JJP POTC would be the last game standing in my collection but the stupid money they're bringing is tempting me..

What have LE's been selling for?

#1903 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

What have LE's been selling for?

$12500 almost instantly

#1904 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:JJP POTC would be the last game standing in my collection but the stupid money they're bringing is tempting me..

You can always make more money but JJP will never make more Pirates.

#1905 4 years ago

I believe Wilma Flintstone would be considered the “hotter one” if she let her hair down.

#1906 4 years ago

How can a ranga look hotter than brunette?

#1907 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Wilma Flintstone

I always thought she had a nice ass.

#1908 4 years ago

I believe Wilma Flintstone would be considered the “hotter one” if she let her hair down.

I dunno, Fred is pretty hot.

#1909 4 years ago

Teaser pic....

C5003684-BF74-42BB-A3B6-F0FC46C7A7DE (resized).jpegC5003684-BF74-42BB-A3B6-F0FC46C7A7DE (resized).jpeg
    #1910 4 years ago

The last time I was in a confessional booth.. and only time, I was getting head from a cute blonde.

#1911 4 years ago

^^^^^^^ Sounds like a sin. Thought we could all use a cleansing.
    922ED04F-A0F5-4FE5-BE2A-47E7D9A647D3 (resized).jpeg922ED04F-A0F5-4FE5-BE2A-47E7D9A647D3 (resized).jpeg

#1912 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

The last time I was in a confessional booth.. and only time, I was getting head from a cute blonde.

Im trying to I imagine if you said something like that about a synagogue or mosque.
    Would you still want a pat on the back?
    Disgusting...
    It’s truly a fallen world right now

#1913 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Im trying to imagine if you said something like that about a synagogue or mosque.
    Disgusting...

#1915 4 years ago

I can’t stand IPAs

#1916 4 years ago

I have a policy that pin money is separate from real money, unless it's an emergency. I sold 2 A list pins recently and with the money so far I've bought an arcade game, a smoker, and put some money toward a Disney Vacation. It will be difficult to reinvest this money into pinball now that it has made it's way into the public (wife knows) pool of money.

#1917 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

I've never heard anyone call an old priest a cute blonde before!!

#1918 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

Im trying to I imagine if you said something like that about a synagogue or mosque.
    Disgusting...

I haven't gotten around to one of those yet, but I still have some years left... Give me time.

#1919 4 years ago

^^^^^^

I confess that I've gotten pretty good at picking outright bullshit when i see it typed or hear it spoken over the years. While i'm on a run I'll confess that my tolerance for said bullshitter is much less than it was only a few years ago.

#1920 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandyW:

I haven't gotten around to one of those yet, but I still have some years left... Give me time.

Are you trying to impress somebody with this?

#1921 4 years ago

Forgive me father for I have sinned!Twice!
    First I drilled a hole through a playfield and second I tampered with a creature's ass hole!!!

20200119_213243 (resized).jpg20200119_213243 (resized).jpg20200119_213323 (resized).jpg20200119_213323 (resized).jpg20200119_213938 (resized).jpg20200119_213938 (resized).jpg
    #1922 4 years ago

And you cheated at pinball.

#1923 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

And you cheated at pinball.

Correction, Game is supposed to have centre post.
    The hole was there already for the same post with a wood thread. I have 10 of those exact same posts but all with metal threads. After a couple of dozen games decided that I could not wait to order and wait but instead decided to drill through the playfield and use one on hand. Definitely will be stronger going all the way through and being secured to the back of the playfield.
    I have done a lot of naughty things in this lifetime but cheating is not one of them, especially not at pinball!!!!!!!!

#1924 4 years ago

We had a pin when I was thirteen. My brother and I ran fish line from the pendulum tilt out through the coin door, and around to the back. Little sister never knew why she kept tilting.

1 week later
    #1925 4 years ago

I confess I'm reading Pinside at work.

#1926 4 years ago

I held a game for a fellow pinsider because they responded first, and lost a local buyer with cash in hand. Lesson learned again and for the last time. Do not hold a game for a stranger unless they put down a deposit of some sort. Sorry, just venting abit

#1927 4 years ago

I had a chance to buy a HUO TZ for $1000 bucks and passed on it. I have had more than 20 chances to buy a routed one over the years at or near the same price and passed every time. Now for the confession- I am glad I did. I enjoy an occasional game of TZ but not enough to put it in my collection, and I never flip pins for profit... why make it harder for someone to own a machine by inflating the price. If I see a good deal, and its a title I am not interested in, I pass. Hopefully the person buying their first pin gets in on it.

#1928 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

I never flip pins for profit... why make it harder for someone to own a machine by inflating the price. If I see a good deal, and its a title I am not interested in, I pass. Hopefully the person buying their first pin gets in on it.

#1929 4 years ago

"They wanted me to build them a bomb, so I took their plutonium and, in turn, gave them a shoddy bomb casing full of used pinball machine parts."

1985 me - Ha! Used pinball machine parts! That's hillarious.

Now me - Pinball parts...... I wonder if there's anything I need in there.

#1930 4 years ago

Doc would definitely have had a pinball.

#1931 4 years ago

I'm binging on random acts of kindness videos.

#1932 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I'm binging on random acts of kindness videos.

Better than binging on face plant or fail videos for sure...

#1933 4 years ago

I have my Centaur currently stored on its back. Yesterday I pulled the coin door open by its key to check on something on the back of it. The key wasn't in the locked position, door fell closed onto my pinkie. Hurt like a son of a bitch, and now I have a nice purple nail.

Then later at Stew Leonard's I accidentally poured super-hot lobster bisque all over the same hand. Not a good left hand day.

#1934 4 years ago

I have no stocks and I will never mess with all that. I do have a uncle that bought tons of Home Depot stock right when it came out, and I am happy for him.

I am glad when the stock market does well, because it seems everything is going pretty well.

I am so tired of political ads on TV. Whatever happened to the good old days with funny Bud and Bud Light commercials?

The Bud knight stuff is not that funny.

I just wish we could all get along all the time, and make each other smile and laugh.

I am no better than anyone else, sometimes I roll my eyes at what someone says, and I know they roll their eyes when I speak also.

I get tired of seeing news stories about car jackings and phone scams, but at the same time the stories are a good thing to alert us.

If some people would actually try to do good as much as they try to harm, the world could be a much better place.

At least we all have one awesome thing, karma. Karma can bite you in the ass if you need to be calmed down, or it can help you big time when you are trying to be awesome.

And so funny how social media gets idiots busted anymore. Idiots robbing banks or whatever then posts whatever pics with them smiling with the cash.

I really like that movie Idiocrasy, and the older I get that is the way the world seems.

#1935 4 years ago

My wife doesn't know how expensive my pinball restoration really costs

#1936 4 years ago

Hey guys, the confessional worked! It took a few months, but after a few pin sales and pin loans, I moved into a much cheaper 10x10 unit today - $61 a month. It’ll save me about $1000 this year alone. I still don’t like putting down $$ to store pins, but at least it’s a step in the right direction.

Quoted from swampfire:

On the storage unit thing...yeah, we’ve spent at least $5k on our 10x20. I’ve got about 10 pins there now, mostly old Ballys that I’ve restored (I cycle them in and out of the basement). I also want to open a location when I turn 60 and “retire”. But I’ll do the math: $150/month, about 50 months to retirement...that’s $7500. Not too smart. I need to give this some serious thought.

#1937 4 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

10x10 unit today - $61 a month

Damn, I really need to clean out my 30x30 2 story storage building in my back yard and start renting it out!

As far as saving money, I used to love this country buffet a few years ago when it was 6 bucks. When they went to 8 bucks is when I said I will no longer eat out so I can have more pin money. That has worked really well!

In the last few years I have also shaved my cable, and cell phone, and it is like free money!

And it is nice, I know I could shave even more and just retire now if I wanted.

When you want to save money, there are so many ways to it is unreal.

(save enough and that new pin feels like it was free).

#1938 4 years ago

I check the coin returns when I play games on location.

#1939 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Damn, I really need to clean out my 30x30 2 story storage building in my back yard and start renting it out!

What a genius plot to get other people to put games into your hands.

#1940 4 years ago

This could go here, or the Bitch Thread, but I really hate Tattoos. Why? Why did you do that? You think it is cool and looks good, I think it looks stupid.

I love dogs, and I like the tv show Pit Bulls and Parolees. The dogs are awesome, but damn those people in that show I can barely look at with all that crap painted on them, they just look sick.

And for the most part people that can not afford them are the ones that does it. Long ago I had some sorry tenants that would be a few bucks short on their rent, but I seen that brand new tat and knew where my money went.

And I really respect one of my good friends, and I noticed he had a tat on his ankle a while back. I just rolled my eyes and thought, why?

Kind of weird but I do kind of like a tiny diamond on a ladies nose, but the bigger rings and big time the big ear crap some people does just looks sick also.

By far the worst is face tats. Why did they do that? And most of the time when I see that footage they have just escaped jail, or just robbed a store.

BUT, even though I cringe looking at people with that stuff, I do not judge. That is one good thing about the pit bull rescue show, I can not stand to look at what those ladies have painted all over themselves, but they have great hearts, and great personalities, and they are trying to do some good in the world.

I have one friend that does not make much, and every few years he has to have a brand new truck. And after that 5 year loan he has to have another brand new truck with another 5 year loan. At least he is not blowing money on tats, although the tat money may would last longer for him. Oh yeah, trucks and food. He eats at Golden Corral pretty much everyday. That adds up. But he stays broke and happy and we are best friends.

To the other extreme I know some wealthy people that never travel, never do anything for fun, and are in their 70's now, and I keep thinking you really should get out and see and do some new things while you still can. One of them actually was going to travel 300 miles one time to go deep sea fishing, and got there and it was raining, and he turned right around and came back home the same day, and that was the only trip he and his wife ever went on.

Me: not doing any tats, no brand new trucks, not eating out much, but I will travel, have some pins(and pins are fun and hold value pretty decent).

To each his own, and my friends that have tats and truck notes think I am the crazy one for having pins.

#1941 4 years ago

I always forget to put the balls back in the game after working on it. I'll then start a game and have to slide the glass back to reinstall them.

#1942 4 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I always forget to put the balls back in the game after working on it. I'll then start a game and have to slide the glass back to reinstall them.

I never did that, but at first I did just raise the playfield and have to hunt the balls forever until I learned how to take them out in the first place.

#1943 4 years ago

Damn, now I want some tats. I’d do it right, some kind of optical illusion that looks like a lizard is crawling outa my arm. A cat on my belly with my bellybutton for the cat’s asshole, but REALLY well done.

#1944 4 years ago

I have never owned a new vehicle.

#1945 4 years ago

I have no desire to ever go on a cruise ship.

#1946 4 years ago

I have maybe 800 CD's and youtube has made me too lazy to mess with the CD player. There are 2 songs I want to hear now, and they are not on youtube. Headache by The Press, and Don't Bother Me by Public School.

#1947 4 years ago
    Quoted from Becker34:

I check the coin returns when I play games on location.

I do that and some times crawl under games looking for dropped coins.

#1948 4 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

crawl under games looking for dropped coins

Need glasses? Just joking!

#1949 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Need glasses? Just joking!

Not my dropped coins others and at once place the pinball was an easy to get to back of the vid's to find some.

#1950 4 years ago

I've made speeches about not judging people while judging people.

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/39?hl=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.