(Topic ID: 61230)

The confessional

By swampfire

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg

There are 12,502 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 251.
    #1801 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I don't understand why peeps sign their name at the bottom of a post

Old habit from the newsgroup days. Others probably adopted the style.

When I first posted on Rec Games Pinball. Most people had signature lines or nick names. So eventually I started doing it.

LTG : )

#1802 4 years ago

After much thought,its official. I would never purchase a Spike Stern. The only Gottlieb SS I would buy would be one fully serviced with all ground mods performed. No longer want Gottlieb EMs.

#1803 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess I am still a kid and check coin return slots.

Me too.

#1804 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I don't understand why peeps sign their name at the bottom of a post like it's an official letter to the pope! We see your name at the top of the post already!

In our case, my husband Paul and I share an account, that is why we sign posts. I rarely do, much to his chagrin. He says I do that so people think that he makes the snide comments. That's somewhat true, but I usually just forget to do so.
    -CHRISSI

#1805 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Old habit from the newsgroup days. Others probably adopted the style.
    When I first posted on Rec Games Pinball. Most people had signature lines or nick names. So eventually I started doing it.
    LTG : )

So that's where it came from.

Thanks,

Blake

#1806 4 years ago

I miss the taglines. Had a nice library of them.

#1807 4 years ago

For many years, even into adulthood sadly, I thought you had to own a company to buy a pinball machine...

#1808 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I thought you had to own a company to buy a pinball machine...

The way prices keep rising, it won't be long before you have to own a company to be able to AFFORD to buy a pinball machine

#1809 4 years ago

I’m going to send in an op ed article to the NY Times saying how no one is buying pinballs any more. Prices will plummet and we can fill our game rooms .

#1810 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

No longer want Gottlieb EMs

I’ll take any you’re giving away off your hands!

#1811 4 years ago

The wiring in a Gottlieb pin looks like the string they use to tie cake boxes in a bakery.

#1812 4 years ago

I don’t know what people mean when they talk about the man in the moon. I can’t see him.

#1813 4 years ago

But can you find the man in the boat?

#1814 4 years ago

I currently have many confessions:

1. I have had way too much beer tonight.
    2. A tiny chance to see snow here so I had just went and turned the outside light on to look.
    3. No f-in snow falling here, and I am so glad, you people up north can keep that shit.
    4. But I do like to see a few flakes, just not day in and day out like up north.
    5. My internet was down for a while, and I was like ok, when is the ransom message going to appear.
    6. Sad that hackers and whatever else is doing so much bs to make me paranoid anymore. AND, all my shit is protected, so no need for that, I just still do.
    7. I can sleep all day if I want, so I am going for more beer.

Anyway, just goofing off with a buzz, but for real. I wish each and every one of you a awesome holiday season, and a awesome new year!

#1815 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

“Judy” everybody knows Judy. She is called Judge Judy.
    [quoted image]

judy (resized).jpgjudy (resized).jpg

#1816 4 years ago

The first 5 days after the weekend are the hardest.

#1817 4 years ago

I never looked up www.yourteamcheats.com Website.

But I did get the flu shot. ( my oncology nurse insisted ).

#1818 4 years ago

Today I bought and scheduled shipping for my 9th game with no plans to sell any of the other 8.

Then I got on the Pinside Forums and clicked "unvisit" on all the for-sale and restoration topics I'm following so I won't get notifications when they update. I'm also going to make a real effort not to check the Pinside Market and Craigslist everyday.

#1819 4 years ago

First world problems! Are we supposed to be excited for u?! Asking for a friend

#1820 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

First world problems! Are we supposed to be excited for u?! Asking for a friend

Is this directed at me? If so:

a.) this topic is supposed to be a judgement-free zone and

b.) Pinball seems to be a hobby where we always push each other towards "more" and constantly jockey for "newer" and "better." It's kind of toxic and I'm admitting that I've reached a limit and am ready to set healthy boundaries. I won't stop hanging out at the bar with my friends, but this might be my last shot of tequila.

#1821 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

The kids are off at college and it’s just me and the wife at home, but I still cook mountains of food?[quoted image][quoted image]

How far is Warren to Marblehead?

#1822 4 years ago

I like whiskey. Too much.
    image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1823 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image]

I confess if that was my whiskey collection. I would have a half bottle left.

#1824 4 years ago

I'm concerned about your shelves...

#1825 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image]

What... No Old Grand Dad?

#1826 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Bottom shelf far right. OGD 114.

#1827 4 years ago

I confess that certain things I was supposed to use some money for when I was 12 did not happen and instead that money went into games at the corner store.

#1828 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess that certain things I was supposed to use some money for when I was 12 did not happen and instead that money went into games at the corner store

Who didn't? I bet everyone on Pinside suffers from this as well....I know I did the same

#1829 4 years ago

Why do people respond to classified adds with, "wish i was closer"?! I wish for lot's of things.. but don't list them on people's for sale add's!

#1830 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

"wish i was closer"?

Cause they don’t know shipping exists.lol

#1831 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Why do people respond to classified adds with, "wish i was closer"?! I wish for lot's of things.. but don't list them on people's for sale add's!

It allows people to bump their friends' ads, also while expressing a sentiment for the item on sale in case there is one closer.

#1832 4 years ago

I want to go to an arcade where someone has collected all of the poorly regarded toss-off games and/or games from companies that went under.
    Cosmic Carnival
    Predator
    Mafia
    Stern
    The Punny Factory
    Thunderbirds
    Alien
    Jetsons
    Domino Pizza
    Woah Nellie

#1833 4 years ago

Football is insanely boring.

Don C.

#1834 4 years ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

I find this funny.

#1835 4 years ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

Don C.

I thought this was true until I realized it was the flags, injuries, kickoffs, sideline commentary, booth reviews, repetitive/inane commercials, pregame show, player introductions and huddles that were the boring stuff....

I only watch on DVR and I hammer away at the 15 second skip feature - much better! Baseball too... life's too short...

#1836 4 years ago

I love Christmas time, but can do w out all the lil glitter/sparkly pieces that seem to go everywhere...countertops, flooring etc...

#1837 4 years ago

I have a pet peeve with people who use the term/word “right?” when they converse. It’s like they are really unsure of their own actual thoughts, and are constantly seeking validation from others. Right?

#1838 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I have a pet peeve with people who use the term/word “right?” when they converse. It’s like they are really unsure of their own actual thoughts, and are constantly seeking validation from others. Right?

I know, right?

#1840 4 years ago

I was bitching last night that I don’t have all my shopping done and I don’t really have any time to do it. My old lady’s response:

“Maybe if you didn’t spend so much time on your little chat group every night you wouldn’t have this problem”

I hate when she’s right

#1841 4 years ago

I haven't bought a single thing for anyone for Xmas yet.

It's too late to buy anything online and hope it gets here by Xmas so I've doomed myself to actually shopping.

#1842 4 years ago

Aside from one gift, all my xmas shopping has been done in the bottle shop.

#1843 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scrimmbo:

My Dad always drank old grand dad during his younger years and he passed away in 2016 so I always keep a bottle and when I get to thinking about him a lot I usually have some.

Obviously not the greatest stuff but it does hold a special place within me.

#1844 4 years ago

In 1991, after many games at a whopping 50 cents per game, I finally got to spin the big wheel on Bride of Pinbot. It awarded me one million. I was too old to cry, but young enough and poor enough for tears to swell.

#1845 4 years ago

Hurricane is worse. One of the Awards is 'Absolutely Nothing' and it tells you in a loud voice as well.

#1847 4 years ago
    Quoted from IDrink2Much:

The Stern Indiana Jones is more fun than Williams Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure. Fight me.

How about I shake your hand instead? I 100% agree. I don't dislike the Williams, but I do like the Stern more.

#1848 4 years ago
    Quoted from IDrink2Much:

The Stern Indiana Jones is more fun than Williams Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure. Fight me.

I've never seen, yet alone played, the Stern one, but I picked up a Williams IJ this summer and I have to admit, I am not gaga about it.
    I don't think it will be around long.

#1849 4 years ago

Um...... No?
    Confession: last fist fight I was in was 5th grade. I did win though.

#1850 4 years ago

I have never really been in a fight, more like scuffles when I was in elementary school. I still have pencil lead in my leg and above my eye from those.

My confession is every time I see I have a pm message on here I hesitate to open it. I start thinking...when I was on here drinking last night, did I do anything to get moderated about. I try to behave while having fun on here.

There are 12,502 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/37?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.