Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 251.
    #1701 4 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I hate the 1up arcade games. Especially when people try and sell them as if they are the original arcade games.

Some people spend more in mods on them than they are worth making them into multicades which I think is ridiculous. Why not just start fresh and build something or buy something used and gut it.

#1702 4 years ago

I just drove three hours each way for a Mystic that turned out to be in fair to lousy condition and bought it for too much money ($1,200) because I WANTED one.

#1703 4 years ago

I have no pinball machines ...yet

#1704 4 years ago

My wife and I never had kids but we cook large. Big pots and a foodsaver.

#1705 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

When I was 6 we were at a motel and a cat was walking around the pool. I was curios if cats could swim so I threw it in the pool. It swam awesome. And I could swim so I would have jumped in after it if needed.
    Anyway turns out the cat belonged to the motel owner's girlfriend, and he was laughing his ass off but had to kick us out to keep his girlfriend happy.
    I did not get in any trouble, Mom hated that motel and was ready to get somewhere else. We were only there because Dad was working out of town and we were visiting with him and the 3 of us were leaving for vacation anyway.
    The cats got me back later in life. I was scratched by a kitten that belonged to my neighbor(trying to help him get it off his roof) and was sick a lot then and still have some problems because now I have cat scratch disease. Not to be confused with the Ted Nugent song. People think I am joking, but it is no joke. Mainly affected my eyes. I can see fine but I have a spot in a eye that I can not read a eye chart through. No cure, once you get it you will always test positive for it.

Is your name Nick Fury?

#1706 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Is your name Nick Fury?

no

#1707 4 years ago

I like it when one of my machines develops a problem. That way, I have something to work on!

23F4A229-4F38-45DE-A580-570856EDA85B (resized).jpeg23F4A229-4F38-45DE-A580-570856EDA85B (resized).jpeg
    #1708 4 years ago

Wish you lived near me then.

#1709 4 years ago

I look at the Craigslist app on my phone several times a day and search for machines I know I’m not going to buy because I have no room for them. I see a storage unit in the future...

#1710 4 years ago

A storage unit is only a stopgap measure, lol

#1711 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I can't believe how much ForceFlow looks like Superman

#1712 4 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

Has anyone ever seen ForceFlow and Superman at the same time? Seems suspicious...

#1713 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

. I see a storage unit in the future...

Just don't get comfortable with it.....

I put everything I owned into a 20' x 10' unit in 2009 when I was laid off in the downturn. $125/mo at first, gradually increased to $180.00/mo. Got married, wife and I bought a house together in 2014 and consolidated 2 houses - we moved half our stuff into the new house, and she moved half of hers into the storage unit. We finally forced ourselves to get everything out of it this past September.

Total bill - a little over $18k.

But my confession - I was off work all last week and didn't play a single game of pinball or work on the game that's been torn apart for over a year. In fact I doubt I played more than 2 hours total all summer.

#1714 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Has anyone ever seen ForceFlow and Superman at the same time? Seems suspicious...

That’s crazy talk. Superman doesn’t wear glasses.

#1715 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

That’s crazy talk. Superman doesn’t wear glasses.

and then there is the whole flying thing ...

This guy walks into a bar on the top of a very tall building. He sits down, orders a huge beer, chugs it, walks over to the window, and jumps out. Five minutes later, the guy walks into the bar again, orders another huge beer, chugs it, walks over to the window, and jumps out again. Five minutes later, he re-appears and repeats the whole thing.

About half an hour later, another guy at the bar stops the first guy and says, "hey, how the hell are you doing that?!" The first guy responds, "oh, it's really simple physics. When you chug the beer, it makes you all warm inside and since warm air rises, if you just hold your breath you become lighter than air and float down to the sidewalk." "WOW!" exclaims the second man, "I gotta try that!"

So he orders a huge beer, chugs it, goes over to the window, jumps out, and splats on the sidewalk below. The bartender looks over to the first man and says, "Superman, you're an asshole when you're drunk."

#1716 4 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

I heard that they based superman off of ForceFlow after they couldn't find Vid...

#1717 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Just don't get comfortable with it.....
    I put everything I owned into a 20' x 10' unit in 2009 when I was laid off in the downturn. $125/mo at first, gradually increased to $180.00/mo. Got married, wife and I bought a house together in 2014 and consolidated 2 houses - we moved half our stuff into the new house, and she moved half of hers into the storage unit. We finally forced ourselves to get everything out of it this past September.
    Total bill - a little over $18k.

I've tried explaining to my brother - who has moved and who I've helped move more times than I care to remember - that if you're renting a storage unit for $100 a month to store $500 worth of stuff, and you plan on keeping it for six months, then you might as well just throw all your crap in a dumpster and avoid the hassle. Met with blank stare. No idea how many years now he's had the unit, and I'm probably better off not knowing.

#1718 4 years ago

I forget how many storage units Sam Harvey has but it's in the dozens I think.

#1719 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

I've tried explaining to my brother - who has moved and who I've helped move more times than I care to remember - that if you're renting a storage unit for $100 a month to store $500 worth of stuff, and you plan on keeping it for six months, then you might as well just throw all your crap in a dumpster and avoid the hassle. Met with blank stare. No idea how many years now he's had the unit, and I'm probably better off not knowing.

I lump storage units in with poker machines as a financial trap for the poor and weak of thinking.
    I hate both.

A young person was just telling me yesterday about something they wanted and if they had some kind of win they'd get it. I told him that there's no such thing as a win to get what you want, the only way to get it was to work hard and go without other things.
    Was met with the same blank stare of incomprehension.

#1720 4 years ago

I just got divorced and fought for my pinball machines and won.

#1721 4 years ago

I ABSOLUTELY love my Munsters Premium even though Pinside feels I shouldn’t.

#1722 4 years ago
    Quoted from SBrothers:

I love my Munsters Premium even though Pinside feels I shouldn’t.

Munsters is not that far back in the top 100 than my Oktoberfest, that I love and have been playing a whole lot more than my JJPOTC that is in the top 10, or MET prem in the top 10 that has not been turned on in close to a year.

Pinside is a awesome guide, but you still have to see what you really like yourself.

#1723 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I lump storage units in with poker machines as a financial trap for the poor and weak of thinking.
    I hate both.

I 1000% agree.

In my 20's I had a friend that was not too bright and he had went to Rooms to go and bought all this furniture and he did not even have a house, and was asking to store all the crap at my house.

I said hell no. I said why did you even buy all that crap? He said because it was on sale. I said Emmitt, they have a sale all the time, do you not get that?

Last I ever heard all that crap is still sitting in another friends basement 30 years later.

In my late 20's with the internet business I had going on I was running out of room for more inventory. One friend in a similar business had 10 storage units rented already.

I said hell no, called my county to see what size storage building I could build here, and had basically a very nice commercial steel building built on my land so I would not have to rent a damn thing.

Back when I was a teen I tried a poker machine for like 20 minutes and said screw this. I see people playing those and I just feel sad for them.

Anyway, if I ever do get crazy with pinball machines, between my man cave and my storage building I have over 2700 sq ft. But I would not get crazy anyway. I can dream, but I know I only need a few and sell sometimes for something else.

#1724 4 years ago

This

48423514_1101841509995229_421954977481621504_n (resized).jpg48423514_1101841509995229_421954977481621504_n (resized).jpg
    #1725 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

As far as I can tell, storage units are a gold mine. They can't seem to build enough of them in my area. Even when there is one right down the road, a new facility is built 2x or 3x as big. Unbelievable people are spending so much money to maintain stuff they obviously don't need.

#1726 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I wasn’t being serious when I said I need a storage unit. I have a large basement that I just recently cleaned out. The only reason to get a storage unit would be to hide project machine purchases from my wife and I wouldn’t do that because she doesn’t really care what I buy and I already have a couple projects going.

#1727 4 years ago

Home or storage, they both cost money per square foot. I have a mixed view on storage. It seems people look at storage units as a crazy expense (which is fine), but at same time, doesn't home storage cost so much per square foot as well?

Idk. Just doesnt seem as cut and dry as some people act like. Too many situations/variables to make a blanketed statement that storage is stupid in my opinon....but again, every reason and opinion is different

#1728 4 years ago

Seems fairly clear cut, that if you have a house or shed with an empty space in it and then you put something in that space, the only cost is the thing.
    g
    If you mean buying or renting a house and paying extra to get more space to use as storage than yes, that is a cost. But not really comparable to dead rent on a storage unit.

To each their own of course.

#1729 4 years ago

Back to confessions....

I wish bulb manufacturers would Print some type of mark on their bulbs so I knew what hue they are (warm, natural, sunlight, etc). When they get mixed together, it’s no fun.

#1730 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Back to confessions....
    I wish bulb manufacturers would Print some type of mark on their bulbs so I knew what hue they are (warm, natural, sunlight, etc). When they get mixed together, it’s no fun.

You got that right. Just finished unpacking a large order from alibaba. The part numbers in smudged texta are all i have to work with as the description is in Chinese.

#1731 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

and then there is the whole flying thing ...

I confess that I am stealing this joke. Told it twice at work today.

#1732 4 years ago

I confess that when playing JJPOTC with my girlfriend she plays 1 and 2, and I play 3 and 4, so if plundering comes up we can do that, but just from our own extra game going on. Before this it could get ugly.

#1733 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Back to confessions....

I confess that I bought the overpriced bulb tester from Pinball Life even though I could have made one in five minutes. It's great for this issue.

#1734 4 years ago

I killed Laura Palmer

#1735 4 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

I killed Laura Palmer

ok but who is Judy

#1736 4 years ago

I listened to a whole song by Nickelback today at work, and actually didnt mind it..

#1737 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

ok but who is Judy

“Judy” everybody knows Judy. She is called Judge Judy.
    8A4C2DB2-455B-4724-8FDD-FECAC14AD6A7 (resized).jpeg8A4C2DB2-455B-4724-8FDD-FECAC14AD6A7 (resized).jpeg

#1738 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I hate both.

Now hold on a second - in my defense, I'd been laid off and forced to put my whole house in storage, including my entire collection. I wasn't storing balloons or something

My brother's been in real estate since high school (graduated '83). He bought a storage facility about 10 years ago. It's a gold mine. Small 96 unit facility, no climate controlled units, he pockets about $70k a year from it. He has boats, cars, campers parked on every square inch, including the units themselves. No tenants to deal with, no plumbing, no heating. He offered me one, but I wasn't putting my collection in a non-climate controlled unit. The facility isn't near me either. My wife and I have a couple rental houses, but are looking for a storage facility to purchase too.

But - since this is the confessional -

Went to a concert Thurs night with a buddy. He had Friday off, so he was getting shitfaced. We had a couple beers at dinner, but when he was getting drinks at the show, I told him I was good. He came back and set a vodka tonic in front of me anyways. I took a couple sips, but when he wasn't looking I just dumped it out.

#1739 4 years ago

I just bought $600 worth of stuff for two games that I used to own, no longer own, but hope to own again someday.

#1740 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

The kids are off at college and it’s just me and the wife at home, but I still cook mountains of food?[quoted image][quoted image]

Mmmmm. Just saw this. Braciole. Looks tremendous. Wish I had more time to cook. And I’m starting to feel the impending exodus with my kids. What the hell am I going to do with the time.

#1741 4 years ago

I confess. Do you remember y2k and everyone was stocking up on supplies?

The only thing I bought was 40 cases of beer.

And it all was consumed. Some of my friends ended up throwing away a lot of stuff they had stocked up on, but not me.

#1742 4 years ago

And I also confess that since my last speeding ticket I have slowed down a tad, but when I am in the fast lane I watch my rear view mirror all the time, and I get the hell out of your way. And I always did that anyway, just more now, because I am a tad slower. (0 points, just trying to keep insurance from getting greedy).

#1743 4 years ago

And it all was consumed. Some of my friends ended up throwing away a lot of stuff they had stocked up on, but not me.

Sounds like you are about 120 short. Never mind I confess. I'm a lush.

#1744 4 years ago

I had more, I just did not want to admit it.

#1745 4 years ago

I had more, I just did not want to admit it.

Ha ha good man!

#1746 4 years ago

My sister in law worked in software for a large insurance company at the time. The company insisted that ALL the software folks had to be at work, on site at the company headquarters over New Year's Eve. They brought in standby generators, port-a-johns, and gave the employees flashlights. Sis in law said if things were so bad that she was going to the port-a-john by flaslight, she was leaving anyway. And then nothing happened all night, and they sent everyone home. Happy New Year!

#1747 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

nothing happened all night

The only thing I know of that did happen was the next time I went to the drug store to fill a prescription somehow their computer had me listed as 100 years older.

#1748 4 years ago

I confess it does tick me a little that NIB games do not come with art blades already installed and included in the price.

#1749 4 years ago

I hate gottlieb pinballs. I truly hate them.

#1750 4 years ago

When I finally find a machine somewhere and drop some quarters into it to find out the flippers are shot which affects the whole game play so I think to myself POS. But it’s not the machines fault it’s the numb nuts who is servicing it and doing a terrible job.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/35?hl=stupidjackpot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.