Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 252.
    #1651 4 years ago

I'm not "camera friendly".

#1652 4 years ago

I've never heard of a pinball machine being called a "pinball table", or "pin table" before I came to pinside.

#1653 4 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

I have owned WWE in the past and I'd like to own Whoa Nellie in the future.

I like Whoa Nellie for what it is. But i took delivery of spy Hunter last week and i'm negotiating on a Bally space Invaders to sit next to it. Just love the look and the sounds of the Space invaders.

Dunno why people put shit on Spy Hunter it's a great machine.

#1654 4 years ago

I just finished my 2018 taxes. Master procrastinator.

1 week later
    #1655 4 years ago

I am very tempted to take a tube of super glue with me to the arcade to glue a quarter/token to the floor right below the bill changer. Is that wrong?

#1656 4 years ago

I was at a pizza place that had a jukebox set to free. As I left I played in inagaddadavida 5 times.

Also everyone in the world loves jjp games but I can't get into them at all

#1657 4 years ago
    Quoted from zenbone:

Also everyone in the world loves jjp games

WTF?

You've been around awhile. Not sure how you came to this conclusion.

#1658 4 years ago

Just got my first thumbs down vote -1 and it pissed me off. Lol

#1659 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

You'll get used to it (As I down vote your post ...)

#1660 4 years ago
    Quoted from gutz:

You'll get used to it (As I down vote your post ...)

we are monstrous.

#1661 4 years ago

I decided at Expo this year that I am not going to Expo next year.

#1662 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Thanks guys it’s good to see how the other side lives.

#1663 4 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

I gave him a thumbs down after reading this.

#1664 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I decided at Expo this year that I am not going to Expo next year.

But did you say that last year?

#1665 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

We used to go to a 4 day fishing comp every year. Every year we'd say it was the last year for us for 10 years.

Gets a few months down the track, you forget the rain and the camping and just remember the laughs and the mates you haven't seen for since last year.

#1666 4 years ago

Someone tried to start a fight with me at a pinball show because he didn't like a review I wrote of his favorite game.

#1667 4 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Someone tried to start a fight with me at a pinball show because he didn't like a review I wrote of his favorite game.

What you said about SF2 still burns me up.

#1668 4 years ago

It's so much better when you play it and don't pay attention to the score.

#1669 4 years ago

I quickly played a ton of games at the Pinball Expo. I now own some of the lowest scores on Pindigo.

#1670 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I prefer No Fear over Medieval Madness.

6 years later and nothing has changed there.

#1671 4 years ago

I went to a large arcade yesterday that had most the new games and a few classics. I was there for 3 hours playing only pinball. I played no fear and jm more than I played Octoberfest or Wonka.

#1672 4 years ago

I have to constantly restrain myself from going full grammar police around here.
    Your and you're are not that difficult to use correctly.

#1673 4 years ago
    Quoted from king-pin:

I re-use paper plates.

I also re-use my toilet paper. I just hang it out on the clothesline and belt the crap out of it!

#1674 4 years ago

I've played pinball for many, many years and I still can't pass a ball from one flipper to the other or hold it on a flipper.

#1675 4 years ago

I've only been playing for less than a year, practiced the post pass in the first couple of months until i got it and have now forgotten how to do it when i want to.

I'llHaveToGetOntoThatPunkin

#1676 4 years ago

I don’t know what I was thinking...
    I just ate an Impossible Burger™ from Burger King.
    Absolutely disgusting.

#1677 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Last year I was on the fence about this year - this year I made up my mind about next year.

#1678 4 years ago

Players condition is good enough for me

#1679 4 years ago

I cant stand Bally Centaur. Don't get the hype.

#1680 4 years ago
    8DA20BEE-B2C9-4D07-BDD2-6C98259F4CAB (resized).png8DA20BEE-B2C9-4D07-BDD2-6C98259F4CAB (resized).png
    #1681 4 years ago

I see pictures of beautiful shop jobs but all I focus on is the ratted out crappy lockdown receiver bar...

#1682 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

I don’t know what I was thinking...
    I just ate an Impossible Burger™ from Burger King.
    Absolutely disgusting.

They're trying to make vegetables that taste like beef... but haven't cows been doing that for like forever already?

1 week later
    #1683 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I have to constantly restrain myself from going full grammar police around here.
    Your and you're are not that difficult to use correctly.

Ewe our correct, its not too difficult

#1684 4 years ago

I still read the toy catalogs that come in the mail. My only son turns 21 in a few weeks.

#1685 4 years ago

I have learned to never say 2 words around my girlfriend. Spider and Snake. If I do f up and say those 2 words I may hear did you get it yet for longer than I care to deal with while trying to relax and have a beer.

#1686 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have learned to never say 2 words around my girlfriend.

Got a song for you....

Yes, I am old. Get off my lawn!! LOL

#1687 4 years ago

I level my machines by putting the bubble level on the glass.

#1688 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eightball88:

I level my machines by putting the bubble level on the glass.

Not to beat you up because this is a "confessional" but this is a shockingly bad idea...that I also do regularly.

#1690 4 years ago

I don’t care for 99% of pinball post 1992. It’s cheaper that way. Why do people think a DMD somehow makes a game better, it’s just a display?

#1691 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Not to beat you up because this is a "confessional" but this is a shockingly bad idea...that I also do regularly.

Unless the manual tells you to do it that way.

#1692 4 years ago

I don't use a level, I just go off how the game plays.

#1693 4 years ago

When I was 6 we were at a motel and a cat was walking around the pool. I was curios if cats could swim so I threw it in the pool. It swam awesome. And I could swim so I would have jumped in after it if needed.

Anyway turns out the cat belonged to the motel owner's girlfriend, and he was laughing his ass off but had to kick us out to keep his girlfriend happy.

I did not get in any trouble, Mom hated that motel and was ready to get somewhere else. We were only there because Dad was working out of town and we were visiting with him and the 3 of us were leaving for vacation anyway.

The cats got me back later in life. I was scratched by a kitten that belonged to my neighbor(trying to help him get it off his roof) and was sick a lot then and still have some problems because now I have cat scratch disease. Not to be confused with the Ted Nugent song. People think I am joking, but it is no joke. Mainly affected my eyes. I can see fine but I have a spot in a eye that I can not read a eye chart through. No cure, once you get it you will always test positive for it.

#1694 4 years ago

I have several times quoted absolutely exorbitant rates in hopes that someone wanting me to do side work on their pinballs will say no.

#1695 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I don’t care for 99% of pinball post 1992. It’s cheaper that way. Why do people think a DMD somehow makes a game better, it’s just a display?

I would agree, but the games made after 1992 are not good because they have a DMD.
    It's the story, the sound, the callouts that make'em very enjoying.
    I would enjoy Attack From Mars or Metallica or White Water even if there was a score reel on the backbox.

#1696 4 years ago

I spend way more time reading about pinball (taking breaks at work and such) than actually playing in my game room (having free time at home)

#1697 4 years ago

The kids are off at college and it’s just me and the wife at home, but I still cook mountains of food?

CE5D0C89-9142-4CA8-88DC-DA46F0923A3B (resized).jpegCE5D0C89-9142-4CA8-88DC-DA46F0923A3B (resized).jpegFBCFB730-49C3-40B2-940C-C29A41FCD9A7 (resized).jpegFBCFB730-49C3-40B2-940C-C29A41FCD9A7 (resized).jpeg
    #1698 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

The kids are off at college and it’s just me and the wife at home, but I still cook mountains of food?[quoted image][quoted image]

I confess I would be working on getting myself invited to this guy's house if I was closer.

#1699 4 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

The kids are off at college and it’s just me and the wife at home, but I still cook mountains of food?[quoted image][quoted image]

Haha me too. I still have one in high school but the amount of food I cook is ridiculous. Looks great BTW.

#1700 4 years ago

I hate the 1up arcade games. Especially when people try and sell them as if they are the original arcade games.

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/34?hl=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.