Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 252.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I am Frank Further
    JK

I knew it!! Nah. None of your posts are mean spirited. What a loser Frank is.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

MacGyverism at it's finest! I did that once, too.

Sometime around 1987 I was on the Queen Mary in Long Beach and was overly excited to see and meet Richard Dean Anderson...

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from johnf:

I got a few:
    I sold a real nice wh2o two years ago for 2.5k because I didn't like the music.

Oh man, I did the exact same thing. The music was OK but the audio quality bugged me.

#54 10 years ago

Drank so much have thrown up in my sleep (four times!!!)

#55 10 years ago

It's been two months now and I still haven't installed the Tilt bob in our WOZ.

I buy spare parts for games I don't own.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Drank so much have thrown up in my sleep (four times!!!)

I said Holy Crap then I saw Austrailyer and it made more sense. You guys know how to party.

My lame confession: I used to put more money into restorations than the game was worth. Then, if I sold it, I was too chicken to ask for what I had in it.

#57 10 years ago

I now own 3 games that have not worked in over 1 year. 1 of them is my favorite game.

It is not that I am lazy>> I just want to do full teardowns/restorations and I just don't see the point in screwing with the little stuff when I have other games in tiptop shape that I can play till I can find 2 months of dedicated time (i.e. this fall and then winter)

#58 10 years ago

I keep my games nice and clean but hardly ever dust the top of the back boxes

#59 10 years ago

I sold a game to a guy for LESS than what he offered me because i thought he was overpaying.

I got banned from an arcade for life for lifting a JOKERZ! front legs two feet in the air and then dropping it to the ground.

I shook a pinbot without the backbox hinge secured and no head bolts and the thing smashed down and smashed the backglass. The attendant told me to "run before someone who cared arrived" and i did.

#60 10 years ago

I rush out to buy a game I have been wanting and am sooo excited, then don't set it up or play it for 3 months......

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I got banned from an arcade for life for lifting a Jokerz! front legs two feet in the air and then dropping it to the ground.
    I shook a pinbot without the backbox hinge secured and no head bolts and the thing smashed down and smashed the backglass. The attendant told me to "run before someone who cared arrived" and i did.

ROCK AND ROLL!!!!

#62 10 years ago

It seems like when a game I have breaks, I just go out and buy another working game. Someday I'll find time to fix them, but I needs to play now!

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

ROCK AND ROLL!!!!

i was 16 at the time. young and stupid. I barely nudge other people's games unless they've been to my place and do the same to my games.

#64 10 years ago

I sold my Comet the day before I was leaving for Expo '12 for extra cash. Regret it.

Sold my gorgeous TZ to use $ for something else. Never did. Regret it.

And I just want to buy every freakin pinball machine out there at least once!

#65 10 years ago

I usually like tinkering with my pins better than actually playing with them. Changing lights, cleaning, buying them target decals, touching up cabinet marks, etc seems to take up most of what little pinball time I'd have lately. I also baby the heck out of them, don't let people be rough with them at all, am way too attached to them, and would probably cry if I ever actually sold one. Which is why they will never leave my house.

(Note to self: don't invite davewth over... )

Edit: Also, all my games are set to 5 ball.

#66 10 years ago

The first time I was paroled I only made it two weeks before managing to f+++ up again

#67 10 years ago

I ditch work sometimes (my business) to run home and play pinball

All my games are set on 5 balls

Ive read this thread like 3 times now

#68 10 years ago

I'm actually pretty happy with my current line-up.

#69 10 years ago

I got my No Fear set to 5 balls so I can get to the final mode every game I play.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from papazit1963:

I ditch work sometimes (my business) to run home and play pinball
    All my games are set on 5 balls
    Ive read this thread like 3 times now

Me too.
    On top of that I set mine as easy to play as possible in hopes that a friend will catch the pinball bug .

#71 10 years ago

I scratched the back of my NOS High Speed BG signed by Mr. Ritchie and lost sleep over it I was so pissed.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Sometime around 1987 I was on the Queen Mary in Long Beach and was overly excited to see and meet Richard Dean Anderson...

I don't know who Richard Dean Anderson is but guess I should?

I'm too lazy and don't care enough to search his name on Yahoo to see a picture and find out.

The above took longer to type than doing the actual search would have taken.

When I think extra hard about it, I picture him looking like Louie Anderson, and know they are two different people, but still don't care all that much about clarifying.

Since acquiring my Pins, I play my MAME arcade much less and have therefore never put the finishing touches on it.

#73 10 years ago

Um, Richard Dean Anderson was MacGyver and also in Stargate, SG-1.

So, second confession: I'm a huge geek. My gameroom is covered in Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr Who, retro arcade things, etc. I also decorate around each of my pinball machines.

#74 10 years ago

When I played Congo and RFM in the wild ('95 and '99), my first thought was "So is THIS what pinball has become? No thanks!" Now I own and enjoy both of them.

I really enjoyed playing IJ4 at PAPA.

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Oh man, I did the exact same thing. The music was OK but the audio quality bugged me.

I bought one for 2.5 last summer.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Um, Richard Dean Anderson was MacGyver and also in Stargate, SG-1.

Which leads to new confessions:

I have never seen an entire episode of MacGyver or any of the Stagate movies/tv shows.

I'm pretty sure I would like them if I did, but probably still won't.

#77 10 years ago

I have a bad temper and some day soon Judge Dredd will be in a thousand pieces.

#78 10 years ago

I almost enjoy tinkering with the machine as I do playing them. (Except for backboard work.)

#79 10 years ago

3-4 years ago, passed on a BBB for 10k. Was more concerned about the HEP TAF.

#80 10 years ago

I told my wife 3 machines, max.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

I have a bad temper and some day soon Judge Dredd will be in a thousand pieces.

too many quirks like the deadworld and ball trough acting up?

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

too many quirks like the deadworld and ball trough acting up?

Game works perfect, just gets on my nerves. Can't get any better on it, mostly due to the bad temper I am sure.

This is a confessional right, this doesn't get out to the public.

#83 10 years ago

I've never really liked playing TZ, AFM, MM, or TAF. Played all of them on location back in the day, I just never got what the fuss was all about. Good thing--can't afford em anyway.

#84 10 years ago

I bought one machine on credit (never again).

I bought one game from a retailer (also, never again though it wasn't badly price gouged and has been a good pin).

When I shopped TZ, I tore everything down to clean except the gumball. Too much work, it wasn't that bad

I enjoyed ES and GE way more than BSD or BOP

#85 10 years ago

I am a 5 ball-er
    I have never gotten through all the modes in my RFM(mainly because I am on older software and no ball save).
    I really enjoy reading/learning about pinball than actually playing.
    I believe games today are way overpriced(mainly cause I can't justify spending a whole nice vacation's worth of money on one game)

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jnewton:

(mainly cause I can't justify spending a whole nice vacation's worth of money on one game)

That's funny, because I can't justify spending money on a nice vacation instead of a new game

#87 10 years ago

I sometimes stuff a rag in the shooter lane rather than removing balls when I tip up the pf.

#88 10 years ago

I've set pizza boxes and drinks on machines. More than once.

#89 10 years ago

I am a credit grubbing fiend at the arcade.

"Credits: 1" - I love it!
    "2 of 3 coins" - I'll pay for the last one!
    "1 of 3 coins" - still a 33% discount!
    "Ball 3, Credits: 0" - free ball!

When I arrive I make a pass by nearly every machine looking for credits left by unsuspecting patrons/suckers. When I leave I do the same thing. I think it's good luck to arrive and leave on free credits! My best run was playing for 30 minutes before dropping a single token.

It doesn't matter the game either. It's even nicer when it's a game I don't like much since it's probably the only time I'd play it.

And yes, I check the coin return, though that has only paid off twice so far

#90 10 years ago

My basement that comfortably holds five pinball machines... has eight pinball machines.

#91 10 years ago

I have rubber bands over the outlanes on my POTC.

And it is on 5 ball.

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I trade games before I know how to actually play them.

Awesome!!! ME too

#93 10 years ago

This is a crack up,absolutely love it.Keep em coming!

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

I have rubber bands over the outlanes on my POTC.
    And it is on 5 ball.

Genius!

#95 10 years ago

Every time I take a long road-trip for any reason OTHER than pinball...

I always leave extra space in my truck and try to find a pin to buy

#96 10 years ago

I have viewed this page 7 times.

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Every time I take a long road-trip for any reason OTHER than pinball...
    I always leave extra space in my truck and try to find a pin to buy

I have already asked my dad if I can borrow his Explorer for my Florida vacation, because nothing I have will fit a pin. Just in case...

#98 10 years ago

I have SEVERAL pieces of Cirqus Voltaire artwork signed by John Popadiuk....and I don't have a CV machine

#99 10 years ago

I was at a snooty bachelorette party in Palm Springs, and the other girls there were so freakin' fancy and girliefied and dressed up that I just really wanted to leave. So I got on Craigslist on my phone and found a Mystic for $450 a couple hundred miles away and pretended like it was an emergency...left to go get it. Sorry gals, gotta prioritize!

#100 10 years ago

I'd own more machines... if my wife let me.

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/2?hl=worlds_1st_ghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.