Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,499 posts
  • 720 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg
    Pulp_Fiction_hype_thread._Chicago_Gaming_Pinside.com_-_2023-12-30_04.58.05 (resized).jpg

There are 12,499 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 250.
    #1351 5 years ago

I got drunk and bought 3 Color DMD's. One of them I'm even not planning on using color on it.

Added over 6 years ago:

For the free shipping! (thanks pinside for my "user level" not allowing me not to edit my post after 24 hours [so much for that heart plus], LAME!)

#1352 5 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I dont actually own any pinball machines

Same here. I own zero machines

#1353 5 years ago

Another one: I may perhaps.....maybe....have played an early 80s pinball computer game before I ever played real pinball. It's the real physical thing that really fascinates me though, so it was the real deal that made me interested in playing more.

#1354 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trond:

Same here. I own zero machines

Holy crap! CF flashback!
    I miss Flanker.

#1355 5 years ago

I play pinball everyday.

#1356 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

I want to watch any and all Gottlieb titles burn. I’ve never enjoyed a single one of them

You must of never played gottliebs 1989 hot shots......

#1357 5 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Sorry to hear that. Toxic online, or in person? I find it pretty easy to ignore people online if I need to. The good people and posts greatly outweigh the bad for me.

Both. The final nail was that I bought two machines from a local guy. He bought it along with other machines from another well known local. This guy bought machines from all over but one lot was out of state from a warehouse where the seller had the key and he paid good money for them. Now a year after the first guy buy's the machines an operator in that state files a police report and says that these machines have been stolen.

The pin police came out of the wood work. Numerous collectors in the area had these machines. Had a lot of money tied up in these machines and suddenly these idiots who have nothing to do with any of this start harassing us. I never confirmed my remaining machine was part of the tainted lot. One I had sold a few weeks before finding out was though. What I did confirm was that all of the people being harassed lost a lot of sleep over it. What never happened was being contacted by any actual authorities. Turns out the machines were never stolen. It was a family dispute. However, I know a number of collectors that for months sat on machines. Worried that someone was going to knock on their door and walk out with several thousand dollars that they would never see again and all the while being harassed by idiots with too much time behind their keyboards.

#1358 5 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

You must of never played gottliebs 1989 hot shots......

They all need destroyed!

#1359 5 years ago

It's okay, witchcraft is normal these days.

#1360 5 years ago

I did not win any of my groups at pinburgh sober. It took whiskey and beer.

Am I in the same boat as 90's homerun hitters and Lance Armstrong?

#1361 5 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I did not win any of my groups at pinburgh sober. It took whiskey and beer.
    Am I in the same boat as 90's homerun hitters and Lance Armstrong?

+1 - Whiskey is your friend.

#1362 5 years ago

Tonight the bottle let me down and let the fact that no new games were comin around.

#1363 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Tonight the bottle let me down and let the fact that no new games were comin around.

Drink more - play better!

#1364 5 years ago

There's a guy I know from out of state and not even originally from pinball circles. We aren't even close friends. I think he thinks I'm just being modest when I say I'm not that good. But every time he watches me play or gets grouped with me I inexplicably become a pinball god. Not in the sense of GC'ing every game in sight, but just handily defeating everyone in the group by fairly large margins. Double, triple, quadruple replay territory, game after game after game. Got deep into Transformers playing alone in an empty arcade, well past 100 million, best game I ever had on it. Finish putting my initials in. Quiet round of applause behind me. It's him. My pinball guardian angel. Looking on in wide eyed admiration.

I don't ever want to let him down.

#1366 5 years ago
    Quoted from FlashDaddy:

There's a guy I know from out of state and not even originally from pinball circles. We aren't even close friends. I think he thinks I'm just being modest when I say I'm not that good. But every time he watches me play or gets grouped with me I inexplicably become a pinball god. Not in the sense of GC'ing every game in sight, but just handily defeating everyone in the group by fairly large margins. Double, triple, quadruple replay territory, game after game after game. Got deep into Transformers playing alone in an empty arcade, well past 100 million, best game I ever had on it. Finish putting my initials in. Quiet round of applause behind me. It's him. My pinball guardian angel. Looking on in wide eyed admiration.

I get a round of applause when my games finished too. Mines more of a "get the hell out of the way" applause though.

#1367 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

I want to watch any and all Gottlieb titles burn. I’ve never enjoyed a single one of them

my monocle just popped!

#1368 5 years ago
    Quoted from FlashDaddy:

This is a really funny story, and you told it perfectly.

Loved the Transformers anecdote at the end in what you thought was an empty arcade. Hilarious.

#1369 5 years ago

I get too attached to the games I really like playing....my new collecting strategy is to buy games I don’t like so it’s easier to sell them when a better deal comes along.

#1370 5 years ago

The Walking Dead is too scary and ugly.
    I'll never play it.

#1371 5 years ago

I HATE main stream social media; and it makes me almost vomit a bit to have to look on any of it for pinball and other hobby deals.

Can't stand the drama, stupidity, disconnection from actual real people who ARE right in front of you now....

Besides that....I don't give f#)k that your dog ate your kids cheeseburger after bringing leftovers home or some other nonsense. Who really freakin does!!?

#1372 5 years ago
    Quoted from FlashDaddy:

Thankfully, the only ones who have been watching me are kids, and I'm better than them, but that doesn't say much . I did land some good shots the first time playing Medieval Madness though, with several big-eyed kids watching as I made the castle shake. I may have converted a couple of newcomers to the hobby right there.

#1373 5 years ago

I hate pinball acronyms! Just spell the name out, why is everyone so lazy?

#1374 5 years ago

I would never consider selling a machine on Pinside where people could comment. Hate people trying to be helpful with pricing when I know they don't want to pay squat and then flip it for gold price.
    Dislike purists who reject anything other than OEM, yet I know their machines have all kinds of "Improvements"
    Reject Pinside, Mr. Pinball and Boston pricing guides. Created to keep selling prices artificially low and treat pinball machines like commodities.
    Admire Homepin for building what appear to be tough,easily repaired assemblies and parts. Hope they build a machine I like, would take it any day over Spike/Stern mess when shopping for NIB.

#1375 5 years ago

When I first saw a post about leg light ups I thought it was a hilarious joke. Little did I know, people actually buy them.

What's next? Lit up leg levelers? Light up playfield prop rods? Light me up power transformers?

#1376 5 years ago

I lifted a playfield without removing the balls first... and the balls rained down like they were dropped out of a B52.

#1377 5 years ago

Go forth Paul, and pin sin no more.

#1378 5 years ago
    Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I lifted a playfield without removing the balls first... and the balls rained down like they were dropped out of a B52.

I used to do this all the time. Now I just put a rag in the shooter lane, that way I dont have to pull all the balls out.

#1379 5 years ago

I don't particularly like Creature from the Black Lagoon (so far at least)

#1380 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trond:

I don't particularly like Creature from the Black Lagoon (so far at least)

Don't worry, most collectors just like it for the art , retro theme, booby girl, and "moddability" or whatever, which are far more important to them than actual gameplay or rules. Also see: every Popadiuk game except for the actually good (and therefore far less desirable) World Cup 94

#1381 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

Don't worry, most collectors just like it for the art , retro theme, booby girl, and "moddability" or whatever, which are far more important to them than actual gameplay or rules. Also see: every Popadiuk game except for the actually good (and therefore far less desirable) World Cup 94

That's weird, because I sometimes fall for that kind of thing too (see my avatar image). Or maybe it's the combo of great game plus pretty girls that is the magic recipe for me

#1382 5 years ago

I can’t resist buying a new-in-box neon sign.

#1383 5 years ago
    Quoted from cutlerkeith:

I hate pinball acronyms! Just spell the name out, why is everyone so lazy?

Those are called initials... not acronyms. THIS is an acronym

clit (resized).jpgclit (resized).jpg
    #1384 5 years ago

I've been working too much and not playing much. My 79 Ballys kick out was not working properly from lack of use. Had to accurate it with my hand several times and then it worked like a champ. I feel bad that my pins aren't getting the love and use they deserve.

#1385 5 years ago

I must confess..Buzz has an awesome collection! (Nice pins sir!)

1 week later
    #1386 5 years ago

Here’s my current philosophy. If the game doesn’t have drop targets, it ain’t worth a flying puck

#1387 5 years ago

It just took me two days to diagnose a problem with one of my games.
    It turned out to be a blown fuse.

#1388 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

It just took me two days to diagnose a problem with one of my games.
    It turned out to be a blown fuse.

Did the same thing two weeks ago. Slam switch was shorted to the coin door. At least I checked 250 other things first, so I know those are all fine now...

#1389 5 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Did the same thing two weeks ago. Slam switch was shorted to the coin door. At least I checked 250 other things first, so I know those are all fine now...

Well you know those things *were* fine before you messed with them.

#1390 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Well you know those things *were* fine before you messed with them.

I'm pretty sure that he was making a joke about that.

#1391 5 years ago
    pasted image 0 (resized).pngpasted image 0 (resized).png
    #1392 5 years ago

I'm only into pinball for the ladies

#1393 5 years ago

I still think Fathom is ridiculously difficult.

#1394 5 years ago

I think Centaur is boring and the artwork is lame.

#1395 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[captain obvious image]

My post was for the guy who seemed to miss the joke.

Wasn't meant for someone as brilliant as you.

#1396 5 years ago

I only seem brilliant

2 weeks later
    #1397 5 years ago

My games are all 5 ball games with in lanes tight and tilt bobs removed. I also don't know the rules to my games and refuse to read. Because I enjoy playing and discovering and have sold games before ever discovering what magical things they have to give.

#1398 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

My games are all 5 ball games with in lanes tight and tilt bobs removed. I also don't know the rules to my games and refuse to read. Because I enjoy playing and discovering and have sold games before ever discovering what magical things they have to give.

Five Hail Ritchies (for the FIVE balls), and sin no more. I do respect the “play to discover” ethic, though. I’ve been known to read rulesheets several times before buying a pin. That’s a bigger sin, sucks the joy right out of it.

3 weeks later
    #1399 5 years ago

Bless us, Father, for Pinside has sinned. It’s been 22 days since we last confessed.....

I’m not the best at Whirlwind...when I finally do get a jackpot ramp shot and the music changes...I cradle the ball(s), close my eyes and enjoy the new song that’s playing for a little while before resuming play. It’s a tune a rarely hear.

#1400 5 years ago

Alien is my third most favorite game with the word Alien in the name.

There are 12,499 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/28?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.