Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 251.
    #1301 5 years ago

I make approximately $2500-$3000 a year going to the bathroom on company time.

#1302 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I once drove 85 continuous miles, and did not touch the steering wheel with my hands the whole time.

I'm impressed.

When I was a kid, I took my parent's car, opened the sun roof, put it on cruise control, and stuck my head out the top, driving it like a boat.

#1303 5 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I'm impressed.
    When I was a kid, I took my parent's car, opened the sun roof, put it on cruise control, and stuck my head out the top, driving it like a boat.

If you really did this, all I can say is that it must have been awesome. LOL.

#1304 5 years ago

I say "Friday!" in Red's voice from Road Show every Friday in the office multiple times. Nobody has any idea why. Nobody ever asks....

#1305 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I say "Friday!" in Red's voice from Road Show every Friday in the office multiple times. Nobody has any idea why. Nobody ever asks....

... until the day a voice from the corner retorts "Where's my paycheck?"

#1306 5 years ago

A buddy of mine just got his 1st pin..he was happy/excited w his new acquisition. I helped him set it up and watched him play it..I’m happy for him..it needs a good cleaning and some adjustments..to bad it’s a bally Rogo! I couldn’t tell him that it’s a fn boring n poorly rated game..

#1307 5 years ago

I don’t see the confession there, unless it’s “I can’t appreciate that any pin is better than no pin”. Plus Rogo has that awesome Dave Christianson art. Vikings!

#1308 5 years ago

I bought an Aerosmith pro from a buddy that only had 142 plays on it. He had bought it NIB and only had it for about 6 months. I told my wife, it only costs me $2000.00

#1309 5 years ago

A good friend of mine (non pinball collector) stops by from time to time and plays my Pinballs. He “monkey flips” (hits both flippers same time, every time)....it drives me nuts!

#1310 5 years ago

I’m having beer, ice cream and thin mints after my wife gave me a healthy dinner of grilled fish, steamed broccoli and mashed cauliflower.

#1311 5 years ago

I pants my wife when she’s beating me at pinball.

#1312 5 years ago

I'm tempted to buy that imamaculate Baywatch in Lexington. (not)

#1313 5 years ago

Too much of my livelihood is related to getting Pinball packages in mail. I often order things knowing I won’t ever use them just so that I can receive at least one Pinball related package a week.

#1314 5 years ago

I've owned a Williams Comet for almost two years and always assumed that there is no lane change feature for the 1-9-8-6 rollovers at the top. I got really good at plunging the ball for the different lanes... (hey I got that going for me).

Well, played a Comet at the Golden State Pinball Festival and the right flipper did a lane change. WTF! Looked at the ruleset and confirmed it's supposed to do that.

Looked at my pin and found not only the switch bent such that it wouldn't close, but also the diode broken off. It's fixed now and much easier to play

#1315 5 years ago

I change out lamps (bulbs/LED) with the power on.

66A17B71-EF28-4FF2-B658-244F14B4C62F (resized).jpeg66A17B71-EF28-4FF2-B658-244F14B4C62F (resized).jpeg
    #1316 5 years ago

^^^ Ooh, this is a good one. I still do this, and even bend the sockets back to reach the bulb. Playing with fire!

#1317 5 years ago

I’ve been draining a lot of forum threads recently...

#1318 5 years ago

Most of the time I play pinball, it’s on a crappy old EM. Honestly, I just don’t want to think that much. I just want to hit shit and hear chimes ring as my reward.

#1319 5 years ago

I leave our Christmas tree up until around Valentines Day, but I get freaked out if I don’t set my games back up right after a show. I’m out of town for 2 weeks and it’s driving me nuts knowing that 5 of my pins are folded up while I’m gone.

#1320 5 years ago

I bought SC sight unseen without ever playing it just because it fit in my 1 smallish space remaining.

#1321 5 years ago

I have had my Stern Rolling Stones for 3 years.... and still love playing it

#1322 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ive:

I have had my Stern Rolling Stones for 3 years.... and still love playing it

But you also love Popeye

#1323 5 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

But you also love Popeye

It's true ...I really do

#1324 5 years ago

I really like the artwork on the Supreme pin, and think the white cabinet is awesome.

#1325 5 years ago

I can't sleep at night, thinking of pinball.

#1326 5 years ago

I missed church this morning.

#1327 5 years ago

Despite having played it any time I've come across a pinball machine my whole life, I had no idea there was a whole hobby & community around pinball until Silverball by Barenaked Ladies came out.

#1328 5 years ago
    Quoted from Roadmarks:

Despite having played it any time I've come across a pinball machine my whole life, I had no idea there was a whole hobby & community around pinball until Silverball by Barenaked Ladies came out.

Welcome!

#1329 5 years ago

Thanks very much!

#1330 5 years ago

I really only play when my mates come round. The rest of the time they are turned off.

#1331 5 years ago

I was so frustrated with my lack of progress on my Stern POTC that an hour before the new owner came to pick it up, I slid the glass off, closed off the outlines and center drain and finally found out what the wizard modes looked like.

#1332 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I was so frustrated with my lack of progress on my Stern POTC that an hour before the new owner came to pick it up, I slid the glass off, closed off the outlines and center drain and finally found out what the wizard modes looked like.

I did something similar with LOTR. I figured I'd never own the game again. I had come within a few shots of Valinor a few times. I think I stuffed something in the outlanes to try and mostly get there the night before I sold it. I'm pretty sure I ended up pulling the glass. I was half in the bag and exhausted, it still took forever. I don't even recall what happened. I remember it being not as cool as TABA.

#1333 5 years ago
    Quoted from Roadmarks:

Can I ask how that made you seek out the community?

#1334 5 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Can I ask how that made you seek out the community?

Sure!

It didn't immediately, as Silverball came out three years ago.

It was kind of a slowly gathering storm of Ed Robertson's enthusiasm for pinball & the surrounding community being *really* contagious, a life-long friend of mine getting into pinball with her husband, and the decision my husband and I came to that we WILL own a Twister game someday, dagnabbit!

So Ed is how I came to find out Pinside existed, but I joined because I'm still a newbie in this hobby & I want to learn.

#1335 5 years ago

I'm going to get some hate for this and I'm sure I deserve it, but I have to get it off my chest.

I missed what was essentially a tiny warehouse raid two years ago, and found out recently that the guy sold off everything he could and threw away the broken stuff. Felt a little sick after I heard that, especially since I'm sure I could've had Pinsiders lining up at the door to buy parts.

The worst part to me is that I actually knew the original owner/operator (passed away around 7 years ago) but lost touch with the later owners who took on the inventory.

There is one thing that gives me a bit of solace. Three or four potential games were lost, but six live on because of my work. I don't know where they are, but apparently they're around somewhere. I knew the original owner because I did some repair work for him about 9-10 years ago. And by "repair work," I mean I picked the following games out of the junk pile, resurrected them, shopped them, and sent them back for him to route:
    Trident
    Fathom
    Haunted House
    Jokerz!
    Earthshaker
    Swords of Fury

The last one is the odd one out because it never went anywhere - it stayed in my basement where it remains in full working order to this day.
    So maybe someone can convince me not to feel so bad about this?

Edit: I added my name and number to my reprinted pricing cards. A few years ago, I got a phone call from a collector who had purchased the Haunted House, and he told me I had done the best job of battery damage repair he'd ever seen. So... there's that?

#1336 5 years ago

A confession....Over the decades, I've done some shamefully hackful repairs and did it KNOWINGLY....I was ashamed of myself then and more so now; but....it wasn't on ANY of my equipment (I never would!). Cheap ass employer who cut every corner possible and never bought new parts. Would rather have me wire nut a cut off used connector or solder direct to board vs invest 30 bucks.

Jacked up thing, is that I've actually been poked at about my repairs by same person years later as if it was my fault and that I was the hack!!!

Anyway....I'll leave out names....and I digress....

Just dont hold it against me as a few were pretty freakin bad!

#1337 5 years ago

As much as I enjoy the clown puke thread, I think I have joined the club. My TFTC came with blue gi's and I switched them to whites to only find I liked the dark feel of the blue and the contrast of the white flashers. So went back to blue and it's true it looks horrible in pics but nice in person.

3 weeks later
    #1338 5 years ago

I downvote o-din any chance I get

#1339 5 years ago

Last week while grocery shopping, the store didn't have any Shasta, so I bought Sunkist and Faygo instead.

#1340 5 years ago

I told my girlfriend her room in the basement is only used for a few month to restore my MB and then she can use it for her stuff.
    Meanwhile I bought a BOP to restore and now 1,5 year later the room is still full with my Pinball stuff and I try figure out hiw many machines will fit in this room.

It looks like I need to extend the attic for her sewing workshop - hope she can handle it

#1341 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

So went back to blue and it's true it looks horrible in pics but nice in person.

no it looks horrible in both.

#1342 5 years ago

I have never achieved a wizard mode. Im not entirely sure what a wizard mode actually is. But I like to think that when I get all the numbers on my sky jump then I’m In em wizard mode.

#1343 5 years ago

I hated the movie Footloose....which caused me to dislike Kenny Loggins (even though I loved Caddyshack theme song before footloose came out)...and Footloose made me despise Kevin Bacon and I don’t like Kyra Sedgwick for being married to Bacon. That’s my 4 degrees of Footloose

#1344 5 years ago

I’ve had/played my Williams Comet for just over a month..and yet score the ‘million point’ shot..don’t judge me..lol

1 week later
    #1345 5 years ago

I came in 776th place in Pinburgh last year (out of 799). There was no where to go but up in 2018, so I was happy to land in group D. Remember Arlo Guthrie talking about “group D” in Alice’s Restaurant? Couldn’t get that outa my head.

#1346 5 years ago

I collect rare games not because they are all good games (some genuinely are). I collect them because they often have unique features and because i love hearing when people see a game they have never played before. It is really fun to sit back and let a someone experience something new to them rather than show off a list of high priced titles.

I was inactive for the last year because I find the pinball community a mix of some of the best people out there and some of the most toxic.

#1347 5 years ago

I felt bad wondering what is 18 minutes long but requires sitting on a bench marked group W.

Sorry.

#1348 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I was inactive for the last year because I find the pinball community a mix of some of the best people out there and some of the most toxic.

Sorry to hear that. Toxic online, or in person? I find it pretty easy to ignore people online if I need to. The good people and posts greatly outweigh the bad for me.

#1349 5 years ago

I want to watch any and all Gottlieb titles burn. I’ve never enjoyed a single one of them

#1350 5 years ago

I like to craft.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/27?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.