Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 252.
    #1201 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I do crossword puzzles with pens

...like a real man.

#1202 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Spinners are better than ramps! That feels better, I always wanted to say that!

YES - and a good old set of drop targets. Not everything has to be a flashy toy.

Some of my favorite spinner shots?

-Fish Tales is up there, especially to get that monster fish that can score big without shooting for caster's club or messing with multiball. Last FT I played I think had a juiced spinner because it would go for eight seconds or so when you ripped it hard.

-Black Hole with the "oh shit" feeling immediately to follow as the ball goes to the lower PF, hoping you can open the reentry gate before draining down ther.

-Black Knight, challenging to time on a ball through the right inlane that lights it for max points. Feels great to hit clean. And it's a spinner with a ramp, leading to the relative safety of the upper PF. Your best friend in multiball.

-And of course Gottlieb's Genie, the first spinner I recall shooting on a table I can name.

-Ripley's spinner serving as the "camera" shot might be tops if it was more relevant to scoring. Seems for the most part spinners dropped in prominence after the early SS era.

#1203 6 years ago

I think No Fear game sucks

#1204 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I think No Fear game sucks

Steve Ritchie confessed in a 2001 interview that some of the shots on NF are harder to hit than he intended:

I was never that happy with the way No Fear came out and I'll tell you why. I really should have done one more white wood and taken out or modified one of the shots because they were too narrow if you ask me. Mr. Nicastro the President asked me to make the game quickly, as there was a hole in the production schedule. I should have just done what I needed to do.

When you're missing, NF is the clunkiest of his games. But it rewards accuracy. It's one that will make you a player who can kill a mosquito on a spot target in the back of a playfield with a flipper button. Hitting a shot with a narrow or not exactly straight angle is always satisfying, like shooting FunHouse's hidden hallway from the right flipper. My last FH session was hot garbage scorewise (lower GI being out didn't help) but I hit that shot and felt good nonetheless.

And I certainly must confess - a shitty pinball beats a shitty video game any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

#1205 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I do crossword puzzles with penis. Hard to erase.

#1206 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfre81:

a shitty pinball beats a shitty video game any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

A shitty pinball is better than a good video game any day of the week

#1207 6 years ago

I have a whole instagram page that is almost entirely penis art @puffdannys

#1208 6 years ago

My wife constantly schools me at pinball. (She's even in a league)

#1209 6 years ago

Just sold a few pins cause I have to many and we need the room......new arrivals this weekend

1 week later
    #1210 6 years ago

I'm patiently waiting for the Deeproot dumpster fire to be revealed to be a Brewster's Millions scenario, but I'm not comfortable posting in the official thread.

#1211 6 years ago

I had a buddy come by for a few beers last night and check out flash that I just purchased..his score is still displayed as the highest so far..wtf..

#1212 6 years ago

I constantly look at pinball for sale ads.
    Here, eBay, CL, Pinball Classifieds, wherever.............
    And I see something that catches my eye.
    Then over then next few days.......
    Nah, too expensive.
    Well maybe......
    Nah, too far away.
    Well maybe........
    Nah, condition not good enough.
    Well maybe.......
    Nah, don't really have room.
    Well maybe........
    Nah, that's not a game I really want right now.
    Well maybe.........
    OK, that's it. I'm going to contact the seller and set something up.
    Hey, I can't believe they sold it already!

#1213 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Hey, I can't believe they sold it already

I'm with ya on this one. Happens to me too.

#1214 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

that's bragging, not confessing

#1215 6 years ago
    Quoted from dookski:

that's bragging, not confessing

I've done 100 crossword puzzles over the past thirty years - using pens, pencils, crayons, markers, ketchup or whatever was handy. I came close to completing one correctly, once! (I fondly remember that one as a win)

crosswords (resized).jpgcrosswords (resized).jpg

#1216 6 years ago

Had a dream last night that I picked up a Fathom for ten bucks. Yup, it's come to this, I've actually started to dream about pinball.

#1217 6 years ago

Sometimes this is what I want to do with some pinsiders:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1218 6 years ago

Games I love to see at pinball shows: MM, AFM, TZ, TOM, MB, Totan, any new pin from the last 4 years. It means the games worth playing will have small/no crowds and I can play at my leisure.

1 week later
    #1219 6 years ago

I shave in the shower. I haven’t shaved at a sink/with a mirror in 30 years.

#1220 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I shave in the shower. I haven’t shaved at a sink/with a mirror in 30 years.

shaving-cuts (resized).jpgshaving-cuts (resized).jpg

#1221 6 years ago

Not what I thought he was shaving...

#1222 6 years ago

Oh boy...

I bought an escalera for my business. There are zero steps in my business.

I told my wife I swore I'd limit it to 1 pin. I now own 15.

I had to do an addition to our finished basement to accommodate said pins.

I sold a very nice GMC pickup for a large SUV and told her it was to haul her family easier. We made a three state trip for a pin the following weekend and it rained. She glared at me for most the trip.

Feels good to get that off the chest. Thanks OP.

#1223 6 years ago

My wife thinks I store pins...not buy them

#1224 6 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

She glared at me for most the trip.

Oh man, I bet that was fun and awesome.

#1225 6 years ago

I absolutely hate all these following shitty kinda threads:

1) "which game should I buy between these and these..."
    2) "pin1 vs pin2"
    3) "which are the best ( put a number) games from a period or from a manufacturer..."

#1226 6 years ago

Nope. I can count on one hand the number of cuts in 30 years. Lol.

2 weeks later
    #1227 6 years ago

I've arrived at the conclusion, after several hours of stress, that one of the most punishing undertakings in pinballdom is the removing and replacing of the two-dozen-or-so mini-post rubbers on the bagatelle playfield in Pinbot.

#1228 6 years ago

My fear is that I am posting things on Craigslist wrong when I try to sell some machines. I check the More Craigslist laughs thread to make sure that I'm being laughed at.

#1229 6 years ago

I also check that thread to see if I'm NOT being laughed at...

2 weeks later
    #1230 6 years ago

I hear voices in my head when I’m looking at pinball for sale ads. There’s two of them. I look at an ad and the first voice says
    “You must buy this pin”

Then the second voice chimes in and says
    “You heard him. Buy it!”

#1231 6 years ago

My daughter asked me to sit down and watch a Peppa Pig DVD with her. It was horrible. Absolutely horrible. That cartoon is so bad. OMG, WTF ran through my head more times than I care to remember. I am now addicted to it.

#1232 6 years ago

I just spent about 5 to 10 minutes reading up on Peppa Pig on Wiki. Now I want to watch one of the good episodes to see what all the hoopla is about.

1 week later
    #1233 6 years ago

Repinning connectors brings out my angry voice

#1234 6 years ago

I'm actually interested in the My Little Pony pin that was joked about on April Fools Day.

#1235 6 years ago

My Road Kings machine is close to the doorway to my laundry room. I was carrying up a load of laundry and the plunger of Road Kings hooked a belt loop on my pants tearing them wide open all the way to my ass. Out of anger I slammed the laundry basket down onto Boomerang right next to it shattering the playfield glass.

#1236 6 years ago

I have an addiction

#1237 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I have an addiction

I thought we were talking about pinball here.

#1238 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I thought we were talking about pinball here.

We are drugs were always cheaper

#1239 6 years ago

Whenever I fix something in the house, like a leaking faucet or a dislodged closet door, I tell my wife that I owe my repair skills to pinball and that the repair would have been impossible without that "special pinball tool." I am going to hell; I know.

#1240 6 years ago

Shhhhh!!!!! New hiding place from the wife!

6FDC4742-FEBE-483B-A161-682A324AEFBC (resized).jpeg6FDC4742-FEBE-483B-A161-682A324AEFBC (resized).jpeg

#1241 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Whenever I fix something in the house, like a leaking faucet or a dislodged closet door, I tell my wife that I owe my repair skills to pinball and that the repair would have been impossible without that "special pinball tool." I am going to hell; I know.

Ah ha. I’m going to need a soldering station to fix that broken tile my Mrs wants fixed then I suppose.

#1242 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

I thought that I was the only one ......

#1243 6 years ago

I keep hearing in my head the tune from when the Path of Adventure gets lit when i have a small random personal achievement, like finding something i was looking for, or the traffic lights lining up neatly for me, or some connection being perfectly timed, or exactly enough room left in a box/bag being packed, or things like that.
    I really don't feel like i play Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure regularly enough for that to have become my minor-victory melody.

#1244 6 years ago

Whenever the pinball is teetering above the return lane and outlane I inevitably nudge the wrong way and lose the ball.

#1245 6 years ago

On more than one occasion, I've been annoyed with something I read on Pinside.

#1246 6 years ago

I applied and received a 12 month interest free credit card with 200 cash bonus on 1st 1,000 dollar purchase and 1.5 cash back on all purchases to finance my last pin purchase even though I had the cash to pay for the new pin. Saving that extra couple hundred dollars helped me justify the new pin purchase and I will pay off the card in 4 months and never use the card again probably.

#1247 6 years ago

I enjoy being unverified, it prevents me from buying/selling, commenting on a hundred different threads, sending private messages that could get me in trouble as well as out of the basement and a dozen other places.
    I lack discipline and this feature really helps.

#1248 6 years ago

You have more will-power than me phil-lee.

#1249 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Whenever the pinball is teetering above the return lane and outlane I inevitably nudge the wrong way and lose the ball.

Every. Single. F-ing. Time.

#1250 6 years ago

When my wife was in the hospital I took a day off work to sneak a new game in

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/25?hl=flamingo43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.