Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,739 posts
  • 725 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by JohnTTwo
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
    R0010665 (resized).jpg
    punkincrimescene4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6644 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    R0010614 (resized).jpg
    R0010615 (resized).jpg
    R0010586 (resized).jpg
    R0010590 (resized).jpg
    R0010592 (resized).jpg
    cherryripe1 (resized).jpg
    cherry3 (resized).jpg
    cherry2 (resized).jpg
    list (resized).jpg
    4C764E9B-8BAF-46B2-BC8E-6CC923D0EA09 (resized).jpeg
    ABC9841A-8B69-4391-A0CC-F39BA14B7207 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 255.
    #12651 51 days ago

Confess when Bitcoin hits a new all-time high, I just smile and have vindictive thoughts.

#12652 51 days ago

I confess I did very little that was productive during the long weekend. I wrote up a list, but didn't much stick to it.

Just did a little light cleaning, went through a stack of mail, replaced a bad UPS unit, took some lead batteries for recycling, did some laundry, helped some relatives with some heavy lifting, scanned in a few pages of pinball documentation, scanned in some old film photos, and maybe a few other odds & ends...

So...maybe I did get to a couple things. I just didn't work myself up to some of my major projects. Oh well.

#12653 51 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Stanley cup playoffs happening now.

Yeah, but the time zone difference makes it hard/impossible for me to follow, and Ive never liked watching sports "rerun".

#12654 49 days ago

Mall food,from the woodbine center mall where I had wedding pictures taken years ago comin toniteTo me, so hungry. (Not my personal wedding) the portions are hearty and the food is tasty. Confession is i can’t stop laughing when I think of the woodbine mall and it really pisses my wife off.

#12655 49 days ago

A wedding in Hindi (Backyard); and off to the woodbine centre. Bride groom catholic ..ok.

#12656 49 days ago

Sitting here on the MDMA, stoned and firing my imagination.

Looking for a new hobby, as a collector of hobbies, i thought about my interest in writing when i was a kid and the short stories my teachers would get impressed with and the ones i kept to myself.

Started thinking about doing some of that in the mornings, and maybe reflections of a strange upbringing to many. I've learnt a few things on this weird journey and may have something to say to myself. May be able to learn some polish and find an audience later too, even if it's only friends and family.

Falling down the rabbit hole of research now, and just discovered the name of what i want to do is autofiction.

So some steps closer.

I've taken some notes, and opened some sites about private live journals etc, but i'll see how i feel about it in the morning when i haven't got my wingman.

IFeelIHaveMoretoGivePunkin

#12657 49 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Sitting here on the MDMA, stoned and firing my imagination.
    Looking for a new hobby, as a collector of hobbies, i thought about my interest in writing when i was a kid and the short stories my teachers would get impressed with and the ones i kept to myself.
    Started thinking about doing some of that in the mornings, and maybe reflections of a strange upbringing to many. I've learnt a few things on this weird journey and may have something to say to myself. May be able to learn some polish and find an audience later too, even if it's only friends and family.
    Falling down the rabbit hole of research now, and just discovered the name of what i want to do is autofiction.
    So some steps closer.
    I've taken some notes, and opened some sites about private live journals etc, but i'll see how i feel about it in the morning when i haven't got my wingman.
    IFeelIHaveMoretoGivePunkin

Even if you never publish or share, it can be personally rewarding. I had a small pocket calendar when I was in my teens, I'd write very short descriptions of my day "rode bike to Cyndis, went swimming", and ran across it years later, it was fun.

My buddy of 40+ years told me about 15 years ago that he keeps a journal, and has done it since we were young. I was kinda jealous when he told me and wished I'd done the same. It's the seemingly little day to day things that make up our lives, and they simply disappear, like tears in the rain.

"BladeRunnerReferencePunkin"

#12658 48 days ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I thought that nothing could be as controversial as politics or religion, then fucking Bitcoin comes along and says “hold my beer”.

Now AI is saying hold my Keg to bitcoin..we're in for a w i l d ride with AI..especially when you see millions of employed peeps out of a job, not to mention the whole Wall-E syndrome..or worse.

#12659 42 days ago

I confess, I am very excited for the invasion of the floating joro spiders reported to begin invading Canada

#12660 42 days ago

A large spider, one of the most beautiful (females) arachnids the world . Venomous more like bee sting to humans. No big deal. They float the air! How cool is that

#12661 42 days ago
    4C764E9B-8BAF-46B2-BC8E-6CC923D0EA09 (resized).jpeg4C764E9B-8BAF-46B2-BC8E-6CC923D0EA09 (resized).jpeg
    #12662 42 days ago

I want one so bad

#12663 42 days ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I want one so bad

Come to NY, I'm sure it's from (redacted).

#12664 42 days ago

I often think how awful it would be to choose only one drink for the rest of your life besides water.

Beer would win, but fuck i'd hate to have to give up cow's milk.

Vegemite Toast and beer just doesn't have the appeal.

#12665 42 days ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I had a small pocket calendar when I was in my teens, I'd write very short descriptions of my day "rode bike to Cyndis, went swimming", and ran across it years later, it was fun.

My buddy of 40+ years told me about 15 years ago that he keeps a journal, and has done it since we were young.

Confess when I had six weeks off in 2009 after getting back from Afghanistan, I started a spreadsheet of completed tasks. Not for routine tasks like mowing the lawn or for employment related tasks (separate list), but for things like putting in flooring, cutting down a dead tree, fixing the car tire, etc. Still using it today to track my "progress" by month, quarter, year. If anything, it is a humble reminder that time and money are limited resources. It is also kind of a journal.

Yeah, separate confessional, I am a list guy. Love to cross an item off the list. Will sometimes put something I just completed on whatever list I have going at the time just to cross it off.

list (resized).jpglist (resized).jpg
    #12666 42 days ago

My confession- my gf pre-ordered one of those Black Hole mini-pins for my birthday, supposed to ship in Sept or something...

I feel like it's just going to gather dust after the initial 20 minutes of " oh, that's cool..."

Don't know if I should have her cancel it or not.

#12667 41 days ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

My confession- my gf pre-ordered one of those Black Hole mini-pins for my birthday, supposed to ship in Sept or something...
    I feel like it's just going to gather dust after the initial 20 minutes of " oh, that's cool..."
    Don't know if I should have her cancel it or not.

EDIT: heres the link https://www.stellar-pinball.com/countdown there’s another mini pin called something something supernova (i have to find link) but it actually plays, with your supplied Nintendo switch. It’s something on my list. If it doesn’t play, it Will collect dust. New wave toys are great (owned dragon’s lair, q-bert), but without playability of black hole, im out. I keep missing out on Stellar pinball but I’ll get one eventually.

#12668 40 days ago

They tell us we are just delusional and candy used to look bigger cause our hands were smaller when we were kids.

Total fucking bullshit.

My Cadbury Cherry Ripe Bars that i use in my brownies went up from $2 to $3 this year.

I figure, like most of us, they probs haven't had an increase for a while...

But because i use so many i noticed that they were smaller.

52gm's down to 44gm's in fact, over 15%

So a 50% increase in price for a 15% smaller bar, who wouldn't like a pay increase in that range?

cherryripe1 (resized).jpgcherryripe1 (resized).jpg

cherry2 (resized).jpgcherry2 (resized).jpg

cherry3 (resized).jpgcherry3 (resized).jpg

#12669 40 days ago
    Quoted from KING-HENRY:

EDIT: heres the link https://www.stellar-pinball.com/countdown there’s another mini pin called something something supernova (i have to find link) but it actually plays, with your supplied Nintendo switch. It’s something on my list. If it doesn’t play, it Will collect dust. New wave toys are great (owned dragon’s lair, q-bert), but without playability of black hole, im out. I keep missing out on Stellar pinball but I’ll get one eventually.

Yeah. i doubt i'd ever play the thing anyways, who wants to play a tiny replica when you have real ones?

And whats a Nintendo Switch??

Get off my lawn!

#12670 38 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

They tell us we are just delusional and candy used to look bigger cause our hands were smaller when we were kids.
    Total fucking bullshit.
    My Cadbury Cherry Ripe Bars that i use in my brownies went up from $2 to $3 this year.
    I figure, like most of us, they probs haven't had an increase for a while...
    But because i use so many i noticed that they were smaller.
    52gm's down to 44gm's in fact, over 15%
    So a 50% increase in price for a 15% smaller bar, who wouldn't like a pay increase in that range?
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Shrink-flation is brutal

#12671 37 days ago

Confess i'm worried about the health of my pinside stalker with the extra buttons.

I don't think i am behaving any differently, but i haven't been in trouble for weeks.

Either Zhe is sick or on holidays.

I maybe the first to use the new weird pronoun on pinside btw.

Is there an achievement for that?

#12672 34 days ago

Confess that i have an imelda Marcos addiction.

I can't get enough of cool shirts.
    The price of cool art full print shirts from china is dropping monthly. I can now buy a striking T shirt for the cost of a beer at the club.

This means there are checkout chicks and barmaids that see me three times a week and have never seen me in the same shirt twice.

This is the overflow cupboard, a lot of these i haven't worn yet.

R0010586 (resized).jpgR0010586 (resized).jpg

This is yesti's shirt

R0010590 (resized).jpgR0010590 (resized).jpg

And this is the one i'm bowling in today.

R0010592 (resized).jpgR0010592 (resized).jpg

#12673 34 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess that i have an imelda Marcos addiction.
    I can't get enough of cool shirts.
    The price of cool art full print shirts from china is dropping monthly. I can now buy a striking T shirt for the cost of a beer at the club.
    This means there are checkout chicks and barmaids that see me three times a week and have never seen me in the same shirt twice.
    This is the overflow cupboard, a lot of these i haven't worn yet.
    [quoted image]
    This is yesti's shirt
    [quoted image]
    And this is the one i'm bowling in today.
    [quoted image]

My girlfriend was putting away laundry the other day and comes out of the bedroom and says, "You have 86 t shirts."

I thanked her.

"ToEachHisOwnPunkin"

#12674 33 days ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

My girlfriend was putting away laundry the other day and comes out of the bedroom and says, "You have 86 t shirts."
    I thanked her.
    "ToEachHisOwnPunkin"

You may well be the winner here.

You should start a what are you wearing today thread.

I'mNotAlonePunkin

1 week later
    #12675 26 days ago

Haven’t had much to confess lately. I only cut my hair when I’m drunk (and I don’t pay for haircuts because I’m a cheap bastard). Oh, and I only shaved this morning because my cute 20-something niece is staying with us for a few days. I don’t want her to think I’m a bum.

Confess I traded a Stern Lightning for a Stern Seawitch, and the Lightning shit the bed 4 days later, and now I feel bad for my friend who did the trade with me.

#12676 26 days ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Haven’t had much to confess lately. I only cut my hair when I’m drunk (and I don’t pay for haircuts because I’m a cheap bastard). Oh, and I only shaved this morning because my cute 20-something niece is staying with us for a few days. I don’t want her to think I’m a bum.
    Confess I traded a Stern Lightning for a Stern Seawitch, and the Lightning shit the bed 4 days later, and now I feel bad for my friend who did the trade with me.

Confess your comment about the blood spattered glasses in the TWD thread set me a giggling at 4 in the morning when i read it.

#12677 26 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess your comment about the blood spattered glasses in the TWD thread set me a giggling at 4 in the morning when i read it.

Thank you! I’m feeling like there’s been enough of the blood splatter. Either sacrifice a chicken to use real blood, or stop it already.

#12678 26 days ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Thank you! I’m feeling like there’s been enough of the blood splatter. Either sacrifice a chicken to use real blood, or stop it already.

$1200 for a set of rails was enough to put anyone off.

#12679 26 days ago

Confess i've been booming with laughter watching this channel of urban sports.

The swear bingo one got me going and just rolled through this episode on the sport of seagulling.

#12680 24 days ago

I found these things on my table after Sunday Silverball yesterday.

I confess i don't know what the fuck they are. I know they are not magnetic....

R0010615 (resized).jpgR0010615 (resized).jpg

R0010614 (resized).jpgR0010614 (resized).jpg

#12681 24 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I confess i don't know what the fuck they are.

For kids. To snap in the holes in their crocs. ( shoes )

LTG : )

#12682 24 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

For kids. To snap in the holes in their crocs. ( shoes )

Did you look that up or did you just know it?

And what's with the writing on them? Do they do anything? can you track your children with them or something?

What are they called?

#12683 24 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

did you just know it?

I've seen them on kids crocks in my business. No idea on writing, or what they are called. I doubt you can track anything with them.

#12684 24 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Did you look that up or did you just know it?
    And what's with the writing on them? Do they do anything? can you track your children with them or something?
    What are they called?

my grandkids love them and all have them on their crocs.

#12685 23 days ago

Confess the thought of putting a croc shoe on seems an unlikely thing for me to ever do.

I can't see any situation where the croc is superior to another existing, less ridiculous item of footwear.

#12686 23 days ago

Crocs are awesome if you want to walk around in water where there might be pacific oysters (or other sharp stuff). These tasty bad boys can fuck your feet up quicker than you drain a ball on Rick & Morty.

We have had an ongoing invasion of them in the Oslo fjord, it started back in 2009, I think. And its a battle that cant be won, unfortunately. No matter how many I eat!

#12687 23 days ago

punkin,please,where the hell is "Woolgoolga"??

#12688 22 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Crocs are awesome if you want to walk around in water where there might be pacific oysters (or other sharp stuff). These tasty bad boys can fuck your feet up quicker than you drain a ball on Rick & Morty.
    We have had an ongoing invasion of them in the Oslo fjord, it started back in 2009, I think. And its a battle that cant be won, unfortunately. No matter how many I eat!

I did a lot of canoeing in water with shellfish and my Colorado's are far superior to crocs for that.

https://coloradokayak.com/products/astral-rassler-2-0-shoe

Quoted from hawkmoon:

punkin,please,where the hell is "Woolgoolga"??

The locals here call the town Woopi and google recognises that name too.

We are close to halfway twixt Sydney and Brisbane in a small town of 5000 people.

#12689 22 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I did a lot of canoeing in water with shellfish and my Colorado's are far superior to crocs for that.
    https://coloradokayak.com/products/astral-rassler-2-0-shoe

Sure, I dont doubt that. Crocs cost 1/10 of that though.
    Quality is not getting a golden fork at Burger King, quality is getting a good enough plastic fork.

#12690 22 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Sure, I dont doubt that. Crocs cost 1/10 of that though.
    Quality is not getting a golden fork at Burger King, quality is getting a good enough plastic fork.

That's not quality, it's a compromise to budget and convenience.

Do it however you want, but the rods and reels i was using in the canoe cost a dozen times the shoes for each one. Cost is not the major factor in these things for me.

I'd be wearing Kmart joggers for a tenth of the cost instead of Brooks if it was only about cost and not comfort, support and performance.

Like i said, i can't see a situation where i'd put my foot in a plastic clog.

ToEachTheirOwnPunkin

#12691 22 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

In 10 years, we’ll look back at pics of people in Crocs the same way we do at bell bottoms and parachute pants now.

#12692 22 days ago

I confess I am a little distraught at the condition of my chips in the Lays Stax tube I just bought. They are all broken up too. This is definitely an inconvenience for me

#12693 22 days ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

In 10 years, we’ll look back at pics of people in Crocs the same way we do at bell bottoms and parachute pants now.

'Cept bell bottoms were cool back in the day. No-ones ever made that claim over a pair of crocs.

Quoted from northerndude:

I confess I am a little distraught at the condition of my chips in the Lays Stax tube I just bought. They are all broken up too. This is definitely an inconvenience for me

Confess i have never bought nor eaten potato chips in a tube in my life.

#12694 22 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

'Cept bell bottoms were cool back in the day. No-ones ever made that claim over a pair of crocs.

Holy fuck, what an amazing new chance you still have at life now!! ha!

#12695 22 days ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Holy fuck, what an amazing new chance you still have at life now!! ha!

Chips are crinkle cut here. Tubes don't work.

We do have your style Lay's thingo's for sale, but i prefer the less packaged ones that i can fold into a bowl shape.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12696 22 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Not missing anything.

#12697 22 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

That's not quality, it's a compromise to budget and convenience.
    Do it however you want, but the rods and reels i was using in the canoe cost a dozen times the shoes for each one. Cost is not the major factor in these things for me.
    I'd be wearing Kmart joggers for a tenth of the cost instead of Brooks if it was only about cost and not comfort, support and performance.
    ToEachTheirOwnPunkin

Uhm, I wasnt attacking you or your choice of shoes. I was merely explaining why there might be a need for cheap plastic shoes. And Im not really sure what the price of fishing equipment has to do with this, but Im pretty sure you will soon enough explain it to me.

OrWasItAllAboutPunkin

#12698 22 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Uhm, I wasnt attacking you or your choice of shoes. I was merely explaining why there might be a need for cheap plastic shoes. And Im not really sure what the price of fishing equipment has to do with this, but Im pretty sure you will soon enough explain it to me.
    OrWasItAllAboutPunkin

I never thought you were attacking me.

Can't we have a conversation without all that i'm being attacked shit?

I specifically injected smilies and phrases like 'to each their own'.

If you think that everything i say is a conflict you must have a very different image of me than i intend.

The fishing equipment came into it because fishing is what i was in the canoe for in the first place. It was an example to explain how the cost of my equipment (including footwear) is secondary to the utility of it.

And yes, it was all about punkin, i had made a statement about never seeing a need for plastic clogs that you responded to.

Can't we just have a fucking conversation?

HateItWhenPeoplePutMeInThisPositionPunkin

#12699 22 days ago

I dont think we will agree, so let's just forget about it.

#12700 22 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I dont think we will agree, so let's just forget about it.

It wouldn't be a discussion if we agreed. There'd be nothing to discuss.....

There are 12,739 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.