Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 251.
    #1151 6 years ago

If I'm having a few (beer or vodka), I try and stay off pinside. If I do post, I tend to say dumb sh!t.

#1152 6 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

If I'm having a few (beer or vodka), I try and stay off pinside. If I do post, I tend to say dumb sh!t.

So you've been drinking this holiday season? Just kidding happy thanksgiving.

Confession-I'm a dick when I'm not drinking.

#1153 6 years ago

Spinners are better than ramps! That feels better, I always wanted to say that!

#1154 6 years ago

I shop for pins off piniders "collections" page. .

#1155 6 years ago

I see dead people

1 week later
    #1156 6 years ago

I have a mysterious black playfield rail. It may have been from an early shop job on a game I sold. I can't imagine I missed a rail. It's probably from a scrap playfield but I can't be sure. I cringe every time I see it.

#1157 6 years ago

When I bought my first game I knew the legs came off because I saw the bolts, but didn't know the head folded down. A friend and I carried it down to my basement with the head up the entire time. I thought that machine would never leave my basement after that.

#1158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

When I bought my first game I knew the legs came off because I saw the bolts, but didn't know the head folded down. A friend and I carried it down to my basement with the head up the entire time. I thought that machine would never leave my basement after that.

Wait a minute - the heads of these games fold down??

#1159 6 years ago

A repeat but it’s been rearing it’s ugly head again...it drives me nuts to drain my last ball while there is still an extra ball lit on the table. I really beat myself up when I don’t hit that shot. I feel like the worst pinball player ever! How many Hail Mary’s will help me get over it?

#1160 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

How many Hail Mary’s will help me get over it?

If it's a Stern game, you need to say Hail Garys.

#1161 6 years ago

I know ill never have a keeper.

#1162 6 years ago

I'm pooping right now

#1163 6 years ago

I often don't tell my wife the correct price I paid for a game. I usually tell her a lot less. Am I going to HELL?

#1164 6 years ago

When my wife tells people we have 18 pins I don't correct her.

#1165 6 years ago

“Is mayonnaise an instrument?” -Patrick Star

#1166 6 years ago

A repeat but it’s been rearing it’s ugly head again...it drives me nuts to drain my last ball while there is still an extra ball lit on the table. I really beat myself up when I don’t hit that shot. I feel like the worst pinball player ever! How many Hail Mary’s will help me get over it?

I have mixed emotions about this depending on the game and the setting. On many games like White Water it is a sucker shot. When you take the shot and drain you feel stupid, even if you get it. Now that I play a lot of competition pinball where you can't play the EB I am happy I have been training myself "not" to go for those shots.

#1167 6 years ago
    Quoted from smiley:

When my wife tells people we have 18 pins I don't correct her.

Kind of like "what that? I've had that for a long time".

#1168 6 years ago

I played Streetfighter 2 at the pinball museum in Vegas a few weeks ago and i didnt mind it all that much...

#1169 6 years ago

Jibmums Guide to Cleaning Plastics:

1. Wash off with warm water and dish soap.
    2. Polish surface with Novus 2 and a soft, worn flannel shirt.
    3. Drop at the top of the basement stairs, watch it hit every stair on the way down, and finally land in a sticky glue bug trap that wasn't there yesterday.
    4. Swear profusely and clean sticky, goopy glue residue from plastic.

#1170 6 years ago

I filled my WH2O with water. I love the sound of real rapids when I’m going down Insanity Falls. Since I’ve done it though I seem to be blowing an awful lot of fuses.

#1171 6 years ago

I want to do the same thing with my Fish Tales, but I can’t decide if I want to go for fresh water or saltwater... Does anyone know what kind of fish won’t nibble on the tranformer?

#1172 6 years ago

I tell people the “pics of game rooms” thread is my favorite pinside thread, but I look forward more to the chuckles I get reading new confessions here!

#1173 6 years ago

I always want to get a hold of the people who buy a game from me to see how they like it, but fear they don't like it or they regret the purchase.

#1174 6 years ago

I don't see the big deal of a hair on my food. Pull it out and grub on.

Happened the other day. Someone told me to send it back. Right. So cookie can spit on it or worse.

#1175 6 years ago

I confess that I’m so embarrassed by my silly water posts that I’m going to give a real one. A few years back I bought an old Gottlieb Hot Shot from somebody’s barn and it had been totally infested with timber worm beetles. So I read in the internet that you can kill all the worms with ammonia. So I wrapped up first the cabinet, then after the backbox in plastic wrap (I couldn’t find bags big enough), put an open bowl of ammonia in the bags, closed it and put the whole thing in my bathtub. To be good and sure of the effect I left each in the bag for at least a month. So this whole time there was always a faint to not so faint smell of urine in the bathroom. In addition to the nice scent it looked pretty silly and nobody could take a bath.

#1176 6 years ago

My wife gets really upset when I use our nice bathroom towels for various reasons related pinball repair, but I keep doing it...

#1177 6 years ago

With Christmas on the horizon, I've been listening to Bob Marley Christmas all day.

#1178 6 years ago

Im reorganizing the garage so that it will look better for my wife who complains about how many pins we have......she thinks Im giving in, .....new pin on Tuesday arrives, have to "make room"

#1179 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ozzy:

Im reorganizing the garage so that it will look better for my wife who complains about how many pins we have......she thinks Im giving in, .....new pin on Tuesday arrives, have to "make room"

What that? We've had that a long time. Glad I rearranged.

#1180 6 years ago

Sometimes, I’m not sure what to think .... when I read a post that says “love this game! Will never get rid of it!”....then I click on the pinsider’s collection page and the game is listed as “owned in the past.” I just shake my head.

#1181 6 years ago

^^^ agree with this. One of the benefits of waiting to buy a game a few years after the first ones roll off the line. Others include - physical bugs are squashed, software is complete, prices are often lower and it is easy to read reviews and compare against op's collection. Plus it allows finances to be put in order and only requires you to practice one trait - patience. Give it a try if you can, but the waiting is the hardest part. (tom petty r.i.p.). I suck at waiting.

2 weeks later
    #1182 6 years ago

My wife has a sensitive nose. She thought she smelled something bad in one of our upstairs bathrooms about a week ago. She saw a fly in the house today. She thinks something died in the attic and asked me to go take a look. I am up here now and gave a good glance but don’t see or smell anything. Now I’m just sitting up here reading through old confessions....when my wife periodically calls up “do you see anything?”, I yell back down “nothing yet, still looking around”. Then back to the thread...I’m gonna burn someday....

5E4EEB9F-CF08-4061-8C6E-190A451B239D (resized).jpeg5E4EEB9F-CF08-4061-8C6E-190A451B239D (resized).jpeg

#1183 6 years ago

If you have your water heater in the attic you should really put a insulated jacket around it to save money. Oh wait, your in Houston. In the summer the water will boil all on its own.

Did service work there in the early 80's in a car with no air conditioning. When people in NC complain about how hot it is I just laugh.

#1184 6 years ago

My wife has a sensitive nose. She thought she smelled something bad in one of our upstairs bathrooms about a week ago. She saw a fly in the house today. She thinks something died in the attic and asked me to go take a look. I am up here now and gave a good glance but don’t see or smell anything. Now I’m just sitting up here reading through old confessions....when my wife periodically calls up “do you see anything?”, I yell back down “nothing yet, still looking around”. Then back to the thread...I’m gonna burn someday....

This is the funniest thing EVER! totally made me laugh out loud.

#1185 6 years ago

Too funny. But that blown in insulation is a rats nest waiting to happen. Ask me how I know....

#1186 6 years ago

I am not a fan of Pat Lawlor games

I picked up a Whirlwind for the second time. I am now warming up to Pat Lawlor games.

#1187 6 years ago

I want to collect all the street level games.

1 week later
    #1188 6 years ago

I wonder if guys who sell Elvis walk back into their house waving a fistful of cash to their wives and say “ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has just..left...the building!”

#1189 6 years ago

I wonder if guys who sell Elvis walk back into their house waving a fistful of cash to their wives and say “ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has just..left...the building!”

I can't imagine that ever not happening...

#1190 6 years ago

waving a fistful of cash to their wives

Pretty sure you meant husbands...

#1191 6 years ago

I keep a large bottle of rubbing alcohol under the kitchen sink and not for any reasons a “normal” person wouls think.

#1192 6 years ago

when I leave a public restroom and I see feet in one of the toilet stalls, I like to turn off the lights on my way out. I get a kick out of hearing “ho! Ho! I’m in here! Turn the light back on!” As the door slowly closes behind me.

The kicker to that prank is seeing another guy going in and knowing they will wonder “why was this guy in the dark” while the guy in the dark tries to explain.

With cell phones now having flashlight feature, this prank isnt quite what it used to be

#1193 6 years ago

when I leave a public restroom and I see feet in one of the toilet stalls, I like to turn off the lights on my way out. I get a kick out of hearing “ho! Ho! I’m in here! Turn the light back on!” As the door slowly closes behind me.

The kicker to that prank is seeing another guy going in and knowing they will wonder “why was this guy in the dark” while the guy in the dark tries to explain.

Thats soooo not nice !!!

#1194 6 years ago

My worst pinball sin is one nobody can see - when I'm in a groove, having a good ball, and my mind wanders toward the thought of "damn, I'm killing this machine!" And like that, I get careless, especially on fast flowing games where I start firing as fast as the ball comes to the flipper. Instead of catching and timing a shot or thinking about how I might defend if I miss, I'll start making risky redirects and firing fast inlane swooshes on the fly. It feels even better when the first time or two they hit their targets, and it further encourages that gunslinger mentality. It's like being the pinball version of Brett Favre, late in the NFC championship game.

Within seconds, one of these poorly advised shots is a miss, and a drain that was avoidable if I slowed the pace a bit and thought things out better. Every time. Then I will fall into a funk and drain my remaining ball(s) with little to show for it, and waste that one good ball with an average at best final score. That's an empty feeling, even when it's single player noncompetitive play.

I don't get to play real pinball too often. Sometimes I think I fall into the visceral experience - video game pinball can't reproduce it - and stop playing the cerebral game. And it keeps many games shorter than they could be.

#1195 6 years ago

I break dog treats in half and pass them off as full treats to my dogs.. going to hell fo sho

#1196 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I break dog treats in half and pass them off as full treats to my dogs.. going to hell fo sho

I started testing how small of a piece of meat I can give my dog where he will still be stupidly excited to get it.

There is no lower limit. Pieces can be so small, that there is nothing to chew.

Makes no difference, he still thinks it's great.

#1197 6 years ago

When I had my dog and took her out at night to potty, I would often also take a piss in the yard.

#1198 6 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

When I had my dog and took her out at night to potty, I would often also take a piss in the yard.

I still do!

#1199 6 years ago

I told my wife I was selling most of my high dollar video games (nes,snes) to buy my twilight zone. I really just boxed them up and put them in the garage and then bought the twilight zone.

#1200 6 years ago

I do crossword puzzles with pens

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/24?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.