Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,742 posts
  • 725 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
    R0010665 (resized).jpg
    punkincrimescene4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6644 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    R0010614 (resized).jpg
    R0010615 (resized).jpg
    R0010586 (resized).jpg
    R0010590 (resized).jpg
    R0010592 (resized).jpg
    cherryripe1 (resized).jpg
    cherry3 (resized).jpg
    cherry2 (resized).jpg
    list (resized).jpg
    4C764E9B-8BAF-46B2-BC8E-6CC923D0EA09 (resized).jpeg
    ABC9841A-8B69-4391-A0CC-F39BA14B7207 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 255.
    #12351 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

That's what I'd like to do - we've talked about going to Europe or something, and sure it would be cool to see the Coliseum and Parthenon, the Leaning Tower and all that, but I'd like to go someplace where you get off the plane and the architecture and everything are totally alien - just go "whoa...we're not in Kansas any more"........
    MixItUpABitPunkin

My first OS trip was to Scandinavia, Germany. I liked it, but the only differences were the buildings were older and their pizza's were different.

We stopped on the way back for a literal One night in Bangkok and i knew as soon as i stepped off the plane and the air hit me with the redolent smells etc that this was what travel was all about to me.

If you want a not in Kansas experience i couldn't reccomend Thailand enough. The people are welcoming and friendly, the food is just incredible and you are treated like a king, with beautiful girls kneeling at your feet to serve you drinks.

A 3 course meal in a beachside restaurant with your feet in the sand and drinks for a couple is about the same money as it costs here for one person at macdonalds.

China is another place that's out of this world. You can walk out the door of your four star hotel, round the corner and down the nearest alley to get fresh made noodle soup for breakfast for a dollar or two. The food varies across the continent with wonderful spices in the top corner in Chengdu, Szechuan, to cumin lamb bbq cooked in front of you in the north round Beijing and Shaghai, to river fish and vegetables in the south.

You order as many of these little skewers as you think you can eat, they are served fresh from the grill, and at the end of the meal you only pay for the empty sticks, not the ones you couldn't quite fit in. Three blokes can handle 40 or 50, you aet on the street and they are still serving at 2am.

beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpgbeijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg

The seafood restaurants that have everything live in tanks in the basement where you order your dishes before being taken to your private dining room are an experience never forgotten.

istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpgistockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg

(google photo's, but it's exactly this)

#12352 6 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

My first OS trip was to Scandinavia, Germany. I liked it, but the only differences were the buildings were older and their pizza's were different.
    We stopped on the way back for a literal One night in Bangkok and i knew as soon as i stepped off the plane and the air hit me with the redolent smells etc that this was what travel was all about to me.
    If you want a not in Kansas experience i couldn't reccomend Thailand enough. The people are welcoming and friendly, the food is just incredible and you are treated like a king, with beautiful girls kneeling at your feet to serve you drinks.
    A 3 course meal in a beachside restaurant with your feet in the sand and drinks for a couple is about the same money as it costs here for one person at macdonalds.
    China is another place that's out of this world. You can walk out the door of your four star hotel, round the corner and down the nearest alley to get fresh made noodle soup for breakfast for a dollar or two. The food varies across the continent with wonderful spices in the top corner in Chengdu, Szechuan, to cumin lamb bbq cooked in front of you in the north round Beijing and Shaghai, to river fish and vegetables in the south.
    You order as many of these little skewers as you think you can eat, they are served fresh from the grill, and at the end of the meal you only pay for the empty sticks, not the ones you couldn't quite fit in. Three blokes can handle 40 or 50, you aet on the street and they are still serving at 2am.
    [quoted image]
    The seafood restaurants that have everything live in tanks in the basement where you order your dishes before being taken to your private dining room are an experience never forgotten.
    [quoted image]
    (google photo's, but it's exactly this)

That's more like I want!

In addition to the architecture, I was paying $17 a drink no matter where I was (stopped in Bon Aire, Aruba, and a couple other places in the Dominican Republic). I spent more on booze than anything else on the trip.

#12353 6 months ago

Google is watching me. This just popped up in my home page on youtube.

Fuckers.

#12354 6 months ago

I’ve been to Mexico, Cuba, & Dominican now.
    I went to Punta Cana earlier in ‘23, hit up Puerto Plata in December, and heading back to Puerto Plata again in three weeks. Direct flight, inexpensive all inclusive, and a great beach, and I’m a happy camper.
    I even bring the wife!! lol. We have a great time

#12355 6 months ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Confess I got a sweet camera for free today. Don't have any experience with professional videography, but it is something I have been curious about. My A/V club teacher had this in his classroom, said the first one to claim it could have it for free. Seemed like too good of an opportunity to pass up so I jumped on it. Came with a nearly full box of film as well.
    Pretty cool![quoted image][quoted image]

Reminds me of the legendary VX1000 that I always wanted from skate videos. All those handycam models are pretty awesome, I did use them back in high school ironically. lol

#12356 6 months ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I’ve been to Mexico, Cuba, & Dominican now.
    I went to Punta Cana earlier in ‘23, hit up Puerto Plata in December, and heading back to Puerto Plata again in three weeks. Direct flight, inexpensive all inclusive, and a great beach, and I’m a happy camper.
    I even bring the wife!! lol. We have a great time

What's the name of the all inclusive resort? Looking for a decent, inexpensive one.........

#12357 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

What's the name of the all inclusive resort? Looking for a decent, inexpensive one.........

We did “Gran Ventana” in Puerto Plata in December. Great little place, simple, and decent.

We going to “Be Live - Marien” February 1, hoping it’s decent also. We don’t expect luxury at cheap all inclusives, just clean place with a beach and decent food.

#12358 6 months ago

I confess the president was happy with the Bacon at this weeks sales meeting.

#12359 6 months ago

I confess that thousands of people have been trying to kill me since i was a teenager.

Price you pay for riding a motorcycle i guess.

Had to take avoiding action, and give the corresponding abuse, twice in my own street yesterday morning on my electric scooter.

Too used to the Harley, funny how they notice you once you ride a chopper rather than a superbike.

#12360 6 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess the president was happy with the Bacon at this weeks sales meeting.

I'm always happy with bacon.

#12361 6 months ago

Best biker short film ever.

#12362 6 months ago

Confess to curried baked beans on toast for brekkie 3 days in a row.

Outstanding.

#12363 6 months ago

Last night a friend brought over bacon wrapped brussel sprouts and they were amazing.

#12364 6 months ago

I’m a volunteer tech at the local pinball place. Tonight i installed the replacement plastic upside down on the slingshot arm on Harlem Globetrotters. Had to pound the roll pin back out again and turn it right side up. I would have installed it upside down but one of my fellow techs noticed and told me it was upside down.

#12365 6 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Last night a friend brought over bacon wrapped brussel sprouts and they were amazing.

Confess I never cared for brussell sprouts until I had them roasted. A whole different taste.

#12366 6 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Confess I never cared for brussell sprouts until I had them roasted. A whole different taste.

Skewered and then grilled are delicious!

#12367 6 months ago

This weeks weird televised sport.

Carjitsu.

Go to 2.30m to skip the intro.

So disappointed the horn doesn't blow every time they bump it.

#12369 6 months ago

I confess. I'm getting a little pissy here.

Waiting to hear back from three or four different people, since the weekend or longer. And nothing.

Funny when they need something it's usually instantaneous.

Later I'll be sharing a Jets butter crust eight corner pizza with extra pepperonis. I'll be in a better mood in five hours.

LTG : )

#12370 6 months ago

Weird shit there punkin.

#12371 6 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Weird shit there punkin.

Must be. It got a down vote. There's some miserable people in the world.

Just old guys having fun....

#12372 6 months ago

I confess I still hear people say "be safe" like they were during covid, and it's like wtf, ok, I won't go catch covid, or has this become a generaliozed thing to say all the time? I find it annoying

#12373 6 months ago

I confess I still hear people say "be safe" like they were during covid, and it's like wtf, ok, I won't go catch covid, or has this become a generaliozed thing to say all the time? I find it annoying

I hear it before going out ice fishing, but that's about it.

#12374 6 months ago

I've heard it before, during, and after. Certain people just seem to prefer saying it. Usually in cities, though. I never hear it out in the boonies unless someone declares that they're actually going to be doing something risky, dangerous, or outside the norm.

Sometimes I also hear "take care"--probably a friendlier version of "be safe".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #12375 6 months ago

I didn't realise it was a covid thing, just thought it was a North America thing.

#12376 6 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I didn't realise it was a covid thing, just thought it was a North America thing.

Covid???? what a joke. I got chastised for wearing a mask recently. NO ONE WEARS A MASK ..yet Covid changes with new variants and no one seems to care anymore.

#12378 6 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

just thought it was a North America thing.

It is. It wasn't unique to covid as far as my experience goes.

#12379 6 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've heard it before, during, and after. Certain people just seem to prefer saying it. Usually in cities, though. I never hear it out in the boonies unless someone declares that they're actually going to be doing something risky, dangerous, or outside the norm.
    Sometimes I also hear "take care"--probably a friendlier version of "be safe".[quoted image]

This got me thinking of what I usually say when saying goodbyes. I don't think I've ever said "be safe", but I have occasionally said "take care".
    Sometimes I'll say "see you later", which works for friends and family just fine, but I'll occasionally use it towards a cashier, stranger, etc. and then I'll overthink it for a bit after hahaha. My main response has always been "have a good one" though.

#12380 6 months ago

Whenever we would get back, whether a car ride or a boat ride, my dad would always say "another safe journey". And some of the times, it amazingly was.

#12381 6 months ago

I confess, 8.5 years ago when little OTTO was a puppy, I checked to see if I could fit his entire head in my mouth. I could!

#12382 6 months ago

I confess. My day started with one of those things that makes you laugh and brightens your whole day.

I get a phone call from a man in Detroit Lakes. He has problems with a new Stern pin.

Stern told him to bring the game to me. I'm about three hours or so away. I don't do tech support for Stern, I don't have any of their newer games to even help me, help him.

I'm still laughing.

I did find him a tech. Though I don't know if the tech would travel that far. So I told him he may have to bring the game to the tech, or even bring it to my business and the tech could help him here.

I love it. This is going to be a great day !

#12383 6 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't do tech support for Stern

They should hire you, since they already have people calling.

#12384 6 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I confess. My day started with one of those things that makes you laugh and brightens your whole day.
    I get a phone call from a man in Detroit Lakes. He has problems with a new Stern pin.
    Stern told him to bring the game to me. I'm about three hours or so away. I don't do tech support for Stern, I don't have any of their newer games to even help me, help him.
    I'm still laughing.
    I did find him a tech. Though I don't know if the tech would travel that far. So I told him he may have to bring the game to the tech, or even bring it to my business and the tech could help him here.
    I love it. This is going to be a great day !

I still get people calling and asking me to fix their German cars. I also have nothing to compare them to. And some cans of worms it is better not opening.

#12385 6 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Yes, especially combined with some maple syrup and/or bacon.

#12386 6 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Covid???? what a joke. I got chastised for wearing a mask recently. NO ONE WEARS A MASK ..yet Covid changes with new variants and no one seems to care anymore.

Nope

#12387 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I still get people calling and asking me to fix their German cars. I also have nothing to compare them to. And some cans of worms it is better not opening.

Owned a 63 Transporter, 63 Beetle Sunroof, 1971 Beetle.
    I loved them but never got any of them "Fixed"
    Would run from a BMW, year no matter.
    After 73 Mercedes diesel I'm lost. Simple, intuitive repairs.
    Audi? No.
    Porsche? Understand and appreciate the air-cooled.

#12388 6 months ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Owned a 63 Transporter, 63 Beetle Sunroof, 1971 Beetle.
    I loved them but never got any of them "Fixed"
    Would run from a BMW, year no matter.
    After 73 Mercedes diesel I'm lost. Simple, intuitive repairs.
    Audi? No.
    Porsche? Understand and appreciate the air-cooled.

corvair27 (resized).jpgcorvair27 (resized).jpg

Chev made some alright aircooled engines. People used to try and buy mine for airplanes.

KombiEaterPunkin

#12389 6 months ago

I tweaked my back about 10 years ago and was seeing a local chiropractor for a little while. Small town, probably had a hundred kids in my graduating class, nothing exciting ever happened. Every time I'd leave this guys office he'd say "Be safe out there", like he's just patched me up and is sending me back to the front lines in 'Nam. For some reason I also found it annoying.

#12390 6 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Every time I'd leave this guys office he'd say "Be safe out there"

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
    #12391 5 months ago

First time i volunteered at the pinball museum i rested the pf of ss evel knievel on the cabinet to replace a bulb and blew a fuse. i had to get help from the lead tech because i didn’t know why all the lights went off. i had been told explicitly the only thing i should do is clean the machines.

#12392 5 months ago

Confess i'm spending the first 4 hours of my new project under the needle today and i am NOT looking forward to it.

Tried to talk the tattooist into 2 hour sessions and he told me in polite words to harden the fuck up.

One of the worst bits is it's 12pm to 4pm. I have to drive up there (just up the road, but still), so stay under the limit till 12pm and then stay cold sober till 4pm.

#12393 5 months ago

Confess i never made it to the tattooist. Rescheduled.

I'll leave you with Captain Crack Sparrow.

And crackhead removal services.

#12394 5 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i never made it to the tattooist. Rescheduled.
    I'll leave you with Captain Crack Sparrow.

And crackhead removal services.

Perhaps a cool Shark tat ? Tastful back tat aprox 6"x6"? Would cost a ton (mitigate cost with trade for bags of brownies) .. well worth it I.m.o. Punkin.

#12395 5 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Perhaps a cool Shark tat ? Tastful back tat aprox 6"x6"? Would cost a ton (mitigate cost with trade for bags of brownies) .. well worth it I.m.o. Punkin.

Back is already done, i have limited real estate left.

Half a day $500-600. I have a few half days ahead of me.

This is what i am having done. my Mermaid from Haggis should be here soon, so the outline that i got in '81 (same year as Fathom) will get coloured, and maybe a facial make over

The demon will get finished and my collar bones will hold two of my snakes. The little gold one round the collarbone with his head over the mermaid, and the larger brown fella on the other side where there's more room.

punkinchest1 (resized).jpgpunkinchest1 (resized).jpg

#12396 5 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Back is already done, i have limited real estate left.
    Half a day $500-600. I have a few half days ahead of me.
    This is what i am having done. my Mermaid from Haggis should be here soon, so the outline that i got in '81 (same year as Fathom) will get coloured, and maybe a facial make over
    The demon will get finished and my collar bones will hold two of my snakes. The little gold one round the collarbone with his head over the mermaid, and the larger brown fella on the other side where there's more room.
    [quoted image]

Still room for a mean ass Shark!

#12397 5 months ago

I bent a leveler bolt in half trying to slide The Hobbit on sticky carpet at the pinball museum. Multiple people offered to help but I was all macho and said i’ve got it. I didn’t. I had to spend time fixing something i broke instead of addressing the issue that had the game out of service.

IMG_1150 (resized).jpegIMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    #12398 5 months ago

Well there is a lot of year left, but the moron of the year just left.

Company he works for closes businesses.

He looked my place over and said I'd get 3 1/2 to 7 hundred for each pinball machine in here.

I find it hard to believe I'll see a bigger moron this year.

#12399 5 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

He looked my place over and said I'd get 3 1/2 to 7 hundred for each pinball machine in here.

Ask to buy any and all games from places he liquidates.

#12400 5 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Ask to buy any and all games from places he liquidates.

It try to ignore these types. Long on BS and short of anything real.

There are 12,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.