Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,735 posts
  • 725 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
    R0010665 (resized).jpg
    punkincrimescene4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6644 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    R0010614 (resized).jpg
    R0010615 (resized).jpg
    R0010586 (resized).jpg
    R0010590 (resized).jpg
    R0010592 (resized).jpg
    cherryripe1 (resized).jpg
    cherry3 (resized).jpg
    cherry2 (resized).jpg
    list (resized).jpg
    4C764E9B-8BAF-46B2-BC8E-6CC923D0EA09 (resized).jpeg
    ABC9841A-8B69-4391-A0CC-F39BA14B7207 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,735 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 255.
    #12001 9 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I recycle, but I’m pretty sure 90% of it ends up in a landfill. When I was in Vancouver, they had 3-4 different recycling bins, which makes a lot more sense to me. It eliminates the cost of sorting.
    Did you keep some of those aluminum ashtrays from McDonalds? Those were cool, bet they’re worth some money now.

Since China stopped taking plastic, it does end up in the lanfill. Cheaper to make new plastic. I stil recycle my metal cans, glass bottles, and cardboard.

#12002 9 months ago

When I used to drink a lot of beer out of cans I'd cash them in at the recycling joint. If I were in a state that had a deposit I'd take those in too. It didn't buy me a NIB pin 20 years ago, but, hey, money's money.

Around this time I was stripping an 80's Caprice for a demolition derby. These cars had aluminum backed bumpers. The fronts were okay but the rears turned into powder on impact because of all the road salt and other crap they bathed in. I'd usually separate the chrome from the backing and bolt the chrome skin back to the bumper shocks. It didn't really add strength, but I thought it might have helped keep the frame rails straighter so the back could roll in. And it helped keep me from getting hung up on other cars with just the frame rails sticking out. Anyways, I decided to cash in the backing for shits and giggles. I got a whole 87 cents for it. didn't even cover the cigarettes for the trip.

#12003 9 months ago

We have a pretty good deposit system. If you buy a sixpack of beer you'll pay around 1.5 USD in deposit. So everybody recycles cans, and if you dont want to, just leave them by a public or private garbage disposal unit and someone else will take them.

... which unfortunately doesnt help on the fact that I've probably got beer cans for 800 USD in my basement.. :/

#12004 9 months ago

Took one for the team at breakfast this morning.

I can confirm that sugary Belgian Waffles do not play well with vegemite.

Was thinking the sugar/salt combo would be forgiving, but there is no balance. Like two toddlers screaming at your taste buds instead of one.

#12005 9 months ago

Maybe if you put some fish in there too punkin ?

#12006 9 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Since China stopped taking plastic, it does end up in the lanfill.

China still takes plastic, but with stricter separation requirements that limits the economics of sending it there. Landfill Mining will be the next big thing:

https://www.wastedive.com/news/landfill-mining-challenges-costs-benefits-aei/582026/
    https://web.mit.edu/12.000/www/m2016/finalwebsite/solutions/landfill.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landfill_mining

In the U.S., there are over 1,250 active landfills, down from almost 7K in the 1990s along with thousands of other closed landfills. Billions of tons of steel, copper, plastic, e-waste, etc. and the recovery of which will be accelerated as we figure out better ways to recycle our waste that Asian countries won't take anymore. Oh, and at a landfill somewhere in New York, a bunch of pinball machines smashed up by LaGuardia

#12007 9 months ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Maybe if you put some fish in there too punkin ?

Yeah, could do with rollmops i know.

Never got close to putting one of those in my mouth, and they were always in my fridge for about 3 years that i lived with Swedish Girl

#12008 9 months ago

15 mins of brain exercise if anyone is interested in exercising their mind.

#12009 9 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, could do with rollmops i know.
    Never got close to putting one of those in my mouth, and they were always in my fridge for about 3 years that i lived with Swedish Girl

Oh, you should really try one on knäckebröd with a sliced boiled egg.. Mmm

#12010 9 months ago

Confess I never gave up on the GB Packers today. Watched 3 quarters of brutal goose egg scoring to see an 18 unanswered point victory!

#12011 9 months ago

I've never met anyone who prefers Strawberry Milk to chocolate or iced coffee, even vanilla flavour.

Yet they have been selling it from before i was born right up to today.

200w (7).gif200w (7).gif

#12012 9 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've never met anyone who prefers Strawberry Milk to chocolate or iced coffee, even vanilla flavour.
    Yet they have been selling it from before i was born right up to today.
    [quoted image]

Strawberry cows need to be milked too!

D4C43B02-BB2B-443D-8B2E-8285824D1007 (resized).jpegD4C43B02-BB2B-443D-8B2E-8285824D1007 (resized).jpeg
    #12013 9 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've never met anyone who prefers Strawberry Milk to chocolate or iced coffee, even vanilla flavour

I’ll take this over any of those

IMG_7330 (resized).pngIMG_7330 (resized).png
    #12014 9 months ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

Confess I never gave up on the GB Packers today. Watched 3 quarters of brutal goose egg scoring to see an 18 unanswered point victory!

OK, but how about from 1973 to 1991.
    I got used to seeing the Pack as "the other team" in every highlight film.

#12015 9 months ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I’ll take this over any of those
    [quoted image]

An abomination made for those incapable of making a choice.

Could be worse i spose.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12016 9 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

An abomination made for those incapable of making a choice.
    Could be worse i spose.
    [quoted image]

You have to try it. It’s damn good. Definitely not something to drink regularly. I like regular milk.

That stuff you show I can already say I wouldn’t like without having it. I don’t like jelly donuts as is

#12017 9 months ago

I'll stick with chocolate. Vanilla malt at a pinch.

Used to like the banana as a child, but i'd never reach for one now.

If i'm out and buying in a bottle it's usually the carob and honey 'health food' one.

#12018 9 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

OK, but how about from 1973 to 1991.
    I got used to seeing the Pack as "the other team" in every highlight film.

Confess I was born in ‘82 so my memory is limited to (and biased by) the good years - ‘92 onwards. No “Magic” Don for me. Love is only the 3rd Packer to start as QB in 31 years!

#12019 9 months ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Landfill Mining will be the next big thing:

I've always figured we would be there. So much copper and other materials people put in trash, especially years ago when nobody knew better. Not only all those pinball parts, but we need those ET Atari cartridges.

#12020 9 months ago

I would walk 500 miles is the worst song i have ever heard.

Murder on the dance floor is a close second.

#12021 9 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Now I have it in my head. Thanks.

#12022 9 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Now I have it in my head. Thanks.

Fixed it for you.

melissa-mc-carthy-identity-thief.gifmelissa-mc-carthy-identity-thief.gif

#12023 9 months ago

I generally like 80s music, but yeah, that one isn't at the top of the list.

Ta-da-da-ta, ta-da-da-ta, ta-da-da-ta, ta-da-da-ta

#12024 9 months ago

I confess I am in a long work meeting and feel like barfing

#12025 9 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess I am in a long work meeting and feel like barfing

I give you a no honk guarantee. However,

065068A8-C523-4E36-9A7F-89638DE91DBD.gif065068A8-C523-4E36-9A7F-89638DE91DBD.gif
    #12026 9 months ago

Don't you guys have some kind of HOA system thingo that controls you in the community?

#12027 9 months ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

I give you a no honk guarantee. However,
    [quoted image]

President was tough on the Bacon Today.

#12028 9 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Never heard of the parachute club rise up song? Even worse!
    Unfortunately filmed in Toronto.

#12029 9 months ago

We built this city on rock and roll??

#12030 9 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess it was half cool for our little backwater market to have 5 pinball manufacturing legends in one room over the weekend at Pinfest Newcastle.
    Jersey Jack and Gary Stern were eyeing each other off against the room and between them were Mike from Homepin and Damain and Marty from Haggis.
    David Hankin was also wandering around somewhere, but i didn't spot him this year.

That’s Great!
    Is Mike from Homepin pleasant to talk to in person? What is the reaction of attendees when they play his machines? Ive often wondered what the keyboard commandos on this site would say to him in person about his machines or if they plunge one ball and then just walk away like when Thunderbirds was at the Allentown Pinball Show a few years ago. It looked pretty cool and I am nostalgic about the theme but damn did it play like shit!

#12031 9 months ago

I've been on Vancouver Island for the last week. Confess I've been staring at this view for the last 3 days, but I think I'm ready to move on from it.

Oh did I mention it's a Free campsite? Confess the first night I figured it was a trap and I was going to lose my kidneys

20230926_115840 (resized).jpg20230926_115840 (resized).jpg20230926_143506 (resized).jpg20230926_143506 (resized).jpg
    #12032 9 months ago

beautiful

#12033 9 months ago

Dammmmn. Looks like heaven.

#12034 9 months ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

That’s Great!
    Is Mike from Homepin pleasant to talk to in person? What is the reaction of attendees when they play his machines? Ive often wondered what the keyboard commandos on this site would say to him in person about his machines or if they plunge one ball and then just walk away like when Thunderbirds was at the Allentown Pinball Show a few years ago. It looked pretty cool and I am nostalgic about the theme but damn did it play like shit!

Great question.

I have to say, me tried to talk to me a few times, possibly knowing who i was and what i've said...

But i didn't want really to engage as i didn't have anything nice to say and i didn't want to just reiterate. Plus, i'm just not good at talking to people.

But truth be told, he gave me the opportunity and i didn't take it.

So i would say, Mike is a better person.

#12035 9 months ago

Was just outside with one of the bigger snakes when we got buzzed and harangued by a native miner.

Territorial bully's like most birds, i shouted him off, but he came back with 3 brothers and continued to chase us out of our own driveway.

Well, sure.
    But i'm not having that.

Came back with Miss Gamo, and i confess i can't find the 4th corpse, but i know i hit it square.

Snake 4. Birds 0.
    .177 for the win.

DSCF2591[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2591[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF2594[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2594[1] (resized).jpg

It'sGoodToHaveABigBrotherPunkin

#12036 9 months ago

I started exclusively buying Chocolate milk instead of regular milk for the simple reason that it lasts significantly longer.

But by far, my favorite dairy beverage by a landslide is EGG NOG. That shit is da bomb!

#12037 9 months ago

I'm tired of being reminded every 15 minutes that Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift are in a relationship.

#12038 9 months ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

I'm tired of being reminded every 15 minutes that Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift are in a relationship.

I've got no fucking idea who those people are, don't care and this is the first i've heard the guys name, but have heard the girls name. i don't know what her contribution to a better society is though or what she does.

Pretty happy that way.

i don't watch TV or live in a place where i see advertising or billboards.

I don't participate in the whole celebrity idea. I think it's an engineered stupid, pointless distraction from real relationships with people designed to keep people from thinking about what is constructive in the world.

Like televised sports and gambling.

#12039 9 months ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

His minute of fame!!

#12040 9 months ago

She is very pretty and plays an instrument ..

#12041 9 months ago

Taylor Swift is beautiful, smart and plays an instrument.

#12042 9 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Taylor Swift is beautiful, smart and plays an instrument.

So am I and lots of other people i know. No one gives a fuck who i/they root.

#12043 9 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

So am I and lots of other people i know. No one gives a fuck who i/they root.

Punkin , with all do respect , Taylor Swift is a babe. You in my brain is not.

#12044 9 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Haven't seen Punkin's pics? He's not my type, but he's alright

#12045 9 months ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

but he's alright

He's great.

The kind of person you'd like to meet someday.

LTG : )

#12046 9 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Eye of the beholder and stuff.

Bet i'm more beautiful than her when i am right into a great ball on Deadpool and she is taking a crap with her PJ's round her knees.

#12047 9 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

He's great.
    The kind of person you'd like to meet someday.
    LTG : )

I’d definitely have a few drinks, and have a brownie w Punkin..he seems to be a person who knows/realizes on how to have a good time n not take things so seriously all the time..but I’d pass on the scooters-seems dangerous

#12048 9 months ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

I’d definitely have a few drinks, and have a brownie w Punkin..he seems to be a person who knows/realizes on how to have a good time n not take things so seriously all the time..but I’d pass on the scooters-seems dangerous

Don't want to get on these fuckers then...

bikes (resized).jpgbikes (resized).jpg
    Edit. in defense of the chicken stripes on the Duke, i believe that's the dust from pushing it round the shed since i washed it.

RealChickenStripesAreLowerPunkin

#12049 9 months ago

Confess i was just thinking about the games i have ordered and the ones that are here as to how many single level pinball machines i have.

~25 or so games here and ten of them are without a ramp, two or three are 1 ramp wonders at the start of it all like Sorcerer or Grand Lizard.

By the time all the NIB new orders trickle in, it will be half my collection are one decker's.

Maybe i found my niche?

#12050 9 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i was just thinking about the games i have ordered and the ones that are here as to how many single level pinball machines i have.
    ~25 or so games here and ten of them are without a ramp, two or three are 1 ramp wonders at the start of it all like Sorcerer or Grand Lizard.
    By the time all the NIB new orders trickle in, it will be half my collection are one decker's.
    Maybe i found my niche?

I have a small collection.
    Once pulp fiction arrives and I remove one game of my room to give space/pay for it, i will be at two of four that are one level.

(My old pitch and bay and my woodrail don’t count anyway)

There are 12,735 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.