Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,544 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 251.
    #1101 6 years ago
    Quoted from mgpasman:

Let me guess, you have them on all your pins?

No. I don't have them on all my pins. I have one on Woz which came with the game, and I don't think it looks so good.

But my point is that the guy's confession was just a lame opinion stated as a knowledgeable fact.

#1102 6 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

No. I don't have them on all my pins. I have one on Woz which came with the game, and I don't think it looks so good.
    But my point is that the guy's confession was just a lame opinion stated as a knowledgeable fact.

The guy acknowledges that it could have been stated more directly as an opinion:

I think Laserific toppers are tacky as $#!+.

#1103 6 years ago

You guys are getting off topic. This is a confessional thread. It's a safe zone to share ones innermost pinball feelings without judgment from others. Enough on the toppers already. Some like them and some don't. Move along.

#1104 6 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I think Laserific toppers are tacky as $#!+.

I think most of them look pretty cool. If they do change color I try to leave them on one color. Except for champion pub, I let that one do the slow fade.
    yes, I got them on almost every pin I got. they are their to grab your focus, good or bad

#1106 6 years ago

I traded my way up to getting an STTNG, thinking it would be the best. But it sucked because it never, ever, worked right. And I like STTNG: the show less as a result.

I'm sorry, Sir Patrick Stewart.

#1107 6 years ago

I'll buy a limited edition pinball for 10k but I won't buy a pair gym shoes for myself over 80 bucks because they're too expensive.

#1108 6 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

I won't buy a pair gym shoes for myself over 80 bucks because they're too expensive.

Funny. I can buy pinball machines BECAUSE I do not buy 80 dollar shoes. It's all good.

#1109 6 years ago

Here's my confession...my girlfriend bought me my last pair of shoes....and my last 2 pinball projects

#1110 6 years ago

There was a Buccaneer in a gym near where I lived. My friend and I used to go play it every day. We discovered that the match unit was stuck on 70. We never told anyone, but we would play for hours on 1 quarter. We would play the game and on the fifth ball, when our scores were "70" in the last 2 digits, we would tilt the machine and win a free game.

The gym employees either never caught on, or didn't care.

1 week later
    #1111 6 years ago

I have 7 pins at my home and none of them fully work. Some are more simple projects than others and I'm working on two of them right now. I offset that statement with the 6 that I have on location that I repair as soon as I am able to after finding out about the issue. I bought too many projects recently, but we have one location opening in December and another potential one in the next few months. I may need 4-6 machines to fill my portion of the space available, so had to snag a few projects as they came available. Now it's time to get working.

#1112 6 years ago

I find myself playing mostly working project games. I rarely play my fully working games because I know as soon as I do something will go wrong or as soon as I get them working they are out the door.

#1113 6 years ago

I'll spend more on a pinball machine than I will a car

#1114 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAlley:

I occasionally get frisky with the wife on top of our bad girls pin.
    -J

Since I'm a newbie and about to buy a pin (probably NIB) I was wondering if it's structurally okay to have my new girlfriend lay on top of the glass of the machine? She's Maybe 115 LBS. I want her to have a positive association with the game for when I'm spending way to much time with it.

#1115 6 years ago

I set my games on extra easy.

#1116 6 years ago

I sometimes play the second and third ball after getting no score on the first and not restart a new game.

#1117 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'll spend more on a pinball machine than I will a car

I have been doing this for years! Gotta love cheap crappy cars that go and go and go.

#1118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I sometimes play the second and third ball after getting no score on the first and not restart a new game.

Sometimes you wind up with a killer high score after blowing the first ball. Sometimes you play a great first ball and then fudge balls two and three.

#1119 6 years ago

I'm addicted to mods: toppers, toys, shooters, keychains, pinblades, LED flipper buttons, LED speaker grills, shaker motors, everything

#1120 6 years ago

I enjoy playing other people's games, even if they have tech issues, because when I play my games often I start scrutinizing them for tiny tech issues I will have to fix later.

#1121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

Since I'm a newbie and about to buy a pin (probably NIB) I was wondering if it's structurally okay to have my new girlfriend lay on top of the glass of the machine? She's Maybe 115 LBS. I want her to have a positive association with the game for when I'm spending way to much time with it.

Not enough info to make a qualified opinion. Please attach pictures.

#1122 6 years ago

After tuning a game and playing a few games without the glass on the playfield I put the glass back only to slam my hand into the glass to save a drain because I was used to doing that when tuning without glass

#1123 6 years ago

I think WWE is great pin...

1 week later
    #1124 6 years ago

For a while all my first dates were at bars with good pinballs. This guaranteed a good night even if the date was lousy. To boot, it never hurt to have a high score on the machine to impress in case the date was curious.

#1125 6 years ago
    Quoted from chippe01:

There was a Buccaneer in a gym near where I lived. My friend and I used to go play it every day. We discovered that the match unit was stuck on 70. We never told anyone, but we would play for hours on 1 quarter. We would play the game and on the fifth ball, when our scores were "70" in the last 2 digits, we would tilt the machine and win a free game.
    The gym employees either never caught on, or didn't care.

I didn't know how the end game match thing worked until I read your post. I assumed it was random.

#1126 6 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I didn't know how the end game match thing worked until I read your post. I assumed it was random.

Now that's what I call a confession. Hands down sir!

#1127 6 years ago

I sold a Black Hole 17 years ago on eBay with "borrowed" pictures.

#1128 6 years ago

I find no appeal at all about the N.I.B. experience at home.

I once purchased a brand new Volvo S60, so I feel I got that out of my system forever.

#1129 6 years ago

I haven't played my pins in two months.. but I'm still actively looking on pinside and craigslist for another game to join the collection.

#1130 6 years ago

I enjoy waspinators trade posts.

#1131 6 years ago

I had TZ for ten years and never knocked out all 7 greed targets against the clock!

#1132 6 years ago

I dislike tinkering on my machines by myself, but love doing it with a friend.

#1133 6 years ago

If I actually posted all of the witty responses that I think of to various threads, I would be kicked out of here in less than a day.

#1134 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

If I actually posted all of the witty responses that I think of to various threads, I would be kicked out of here in less than a day.

I hear ya brother

#1135 6 years ago

I weigh a lot more than my wife thinks I do. Luckily she's from Taiwan, so the conversion screws her up.

#1136 6 years ago

Jokerz! is one of my favorite games

#1137 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I weigh a lot more than my wife thinks I do. Luckily she's from Taiwan, so the conversion screws her up.

I know what you mean brother, my wife doesn't do fractions or decimals. She thinks I weigh 5 picul, while clearly. I tip in at 5.5.

Taiwanese units of measurement (Chinese: 臺制; pinyin: Táizhì; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Tâi-chè) are the customary and traditional units of measureused in Taiwan. Many of the units derive from Japanese units of measurement and have similar names as Chinese units of measurementbut different conversions than in mainland China or Hong Kong. In some cases these units are used exclusively, in some cases alongside official metric (SI) units, and in other cases they have been supplanted by metric units. Linguistically, practically all Taiwanese units of measure are Chinese classifiers used to classify nouns.

1 cash (Chinese: 釐; pinyin: lí; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: lî) = 37.5 mg
    1 candareen (分; fēn; hun) = 10 cash = 375 mg
    1 mace (錢; qián; chîⁿ) = 10 candareens = 3.75 g
    1 tael (兩; liǎng; niú) = 10 mace = 37.5 g
    1 catty (斤; jīn; kin/kun) = 16 taels = 0.6 kg
    1 picul (擔; dān; tàⁿ) = 100 catties = 60 kg

#1138 6 years ago

I love cheesy Gottlieb sys. 3's

#1139 6 years ago

I have a restored Fathom in my garage unpacked from shipping for months because I'm moving and have no room in my basement. I also have an AFM Le on order my wife doesn't even know about that I'm trying to delay delivery of until I actually move, and I'm still looking around for what I want next.....

#1140 6 years ago

I never liked Bone Busters....what a dumb theme, I thought. Just took a good look at the flyer and realized, Bone Busters = Ghost Busters. Damn, I'm so obtuse.

1 month later
    #1141 6 years ago

B3A7E519-E4B8-469D-895B-91B1EB39F9CD (resized).jpegB3A7E519-E4B8-469D-895B-91B1EB39F9CD (resized).jpeg

#1142 6 years ago

Strange things go on in the Twilight Zone.

#1143 6 years ago

What is your confession?

Are you and Spider-Man having a secret affair?

#1144 6 years ago

First confession: I actually read all 23 pages of these posts before writing this. I submit the following quotes as evidence.

Quoted from jwwhite15:

Sometime around 1987 I was on the Queen Mary in Long Beach and was overly excited to see and meet Richard Dean Anderson...

Quoted from mcclad:

The Macgyver theme song is the ringtone on my phone. Seems I can fix anything except a pinball machine. RDA was a cool actor. I miss that show.

My second confession: MacGyver was my first crush, and i had a photo of RDA (supposedly signed by him in response to my silly fan letter) on the wall by my bed through my early teens.
    (FYI, I am no longer as tolerant of mullets.)

Quoted from malklavious:

Confessions:
    I just read this whole thread while at work.

Me too, for the most part. Took a few days though, and i seem to have finished up at a whole foods market.

And for my final (and best?) quote-related confession:

I did know a 38 year old one once, but i took care of that for him before he got to 40.

Bonus confession to stay on-topic: I like to shift gears on The Getaway: High Speed II with my hip so i don't have to take my hands off the flipper buttons.

#1145 6 years ago

I tell my friends I'm going home but I just go to another bar that has pinball

#1146 6 years ago

Dook- which bar ?

#1147 6 years ago
    Quoted from dookski:

I tell my friends I'm going home but I just go to another bar that has pinball

LMAO

#1148 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

Dook- which bar ?

Milo's Yard, Birdys, Project Parlor, Jackbar, Second Chance, Ontario, Marcos... and if I'm going out somewhere new I check the pinball map first. Lots of machines out there.

#1149 6 years ago

I sold a machine to a newbie and forgot to tell him something

IMG_2785 (resized).PNGIMG_2785 (resized).PNG

#1150 6 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

I sold a machine to a newbie and forgot to tell him something

That's funny because when I got my first I expected to work as well when simply plugged into the wall. However, the first thing I did when that didn't happen was look for a switch, witch I found in about less than a minute.

I wish someone would have told me the back box was held up by more than just the latch bracket on the back. That could have been a disaster.

There are 12,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/23?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.