Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,742 posts
  • 725 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
    R0010665 (resized).jpg
    punkincrimescene4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6644 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    R0010614 (resized).jpg
    R0010615 (resized).jpg
    R0010586 (resized).jpg
    R0010590 (resized).jpg
    R0010592 (resized).jpg
    cherryripe1 (resized).jpg
    cherry3 (resized).jpg
    cherry2 (resized).jpg
    list (resized).jpg
    4C764E9B-8BAF-46B2-BC8E-6CC923D0EA09 (resized).jpeg
    ABC9841A-8B69-4391-A0CC-F39BA14B7207 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 255.
    #11851 11 months ago

Watching 360 ball.

#11852 11 months ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I am the IT department at my work and had to make adjustment to firewall so Pinside was good to go.

I'm actually surprised I can log onto Pinside with my work computer. Typically, gaming sites/blogs are blocked on mine.

#11853 11 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Watching 360 ball.

Very, very similar to SpikeBall

#11854 11 months ago

Gentlemen, in 10 days this thread will be 10 years old.

#11855 11 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Found another televised sport i didn't know existed;

I confess I enjoy watching marbles race around on a track much more than most conventional sports

#11856 11 months ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I confess I enjoy watching marbles race around on a track much more than most conventional sports

Go easy on the brownies man..to each their own, u do u

#11857 11 months ago

i confess my sister just bought a few down doors from me and I am already asking why there is a poop truck in front of her house. poop trucks suck poop from septic systems.

#11858 11 months ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Very, very similar to SpikeBall

thats a lame sport

#11859 11 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

i confess my sister just bought a few down doors from me and I am already asking why there is a poop truck in front of her house. poop trucks suck poop from septic systems.

Generally, pumping a septic tank is often neglected until it's an emergency. The prior owners probably didn't bother to have it done before the sale.

#11860 11 months ago

mud wrestling should be Olympic sanctioned i.m.o

#11861 11 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Generally, pumping a septic tank is often neglected until it's an emergency. The prior owners probably didn't bother to have it done before the sale.

I know John the seller ..his house is immaculate , I told my sister to have the spetic inspectic but not to worry

#11862 11 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I know John the seller ..his house is immaculate , I told my sister to have the spetic inspectic but not to worry

i just bit my tongue trying to say that.

#11863 11 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Easy for you to say.

#11864 11 months ago

First one i've watched all the way to the end since the billy cart races.

Can'tLookAwayPunkin

#11865 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

i just bit my tongue trying to say that.

what a way to say hello to your Neighbours ..poop truck.

#11866 11 months ago

it was there for a long time.

#11867 11 months ago

Confess i rediscovered Animusic this morning while browsing youtube.

My youngest granddaughter is in her mid teens now, but when she was a toddler she'd sit in my lap and watch the computer for ages when this was on (or Annoying Orange).

It calmed her, and it still calms me. I'll have to go and watch a few more.

#11868 11 months ago

Got drunk today with a few other club members, and I was going home. When I came outside it was pissing rain so I thought fuck it, lets spend the night.

Gonna have a couple more beers and fall asleep.

PXL_20230818_214721106 (resized).jpgPXL_20230818_214721106 (resized).jpg
    #11869 11 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

it was there for a long time.

Maybe it was just a truck driver friend visiting

#11870 11 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

poop trucks suck poop from septic systems.

And your shorts when you're stuck in traffic

images.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #11871 11 months ago

Just found this in the backpocket of a pair of Levi's i haven't worn in a year.

No idea where it came from, but if i hazarded a guess it would have been a gift from a small child. That seems to happen to me a lot, give them something nice and they drag something from their pocketses.

DSCF2550[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2550[1] (resized).jpg

#11872 11 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

And your shorts when you're stuck in traffic[quoted image]

Or cutting my lawn....Not many lawns left in BC , 398 fires Burning in the province right now Dee Bow. CBCNN broadcast Is unreal.
    Mabey that crazy Mayan calendar Wheel wasn’t too far off after all. Many pinsiders from BC

#11873 11 months ago

A sobering picture of the fires burning in Canadian Northwest Territory.

667D23B0-05EC-4C82-A786-A04257D9BF2F (resized).jpeg667D23B0-05EC-4C82-A786-A04257D9BF2F (resized).jpeg
    #11874 11 months ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Maybe it was just a truck driver friend visiting

Negatory. Not that I was being nosy, but happened to walk my dog past the driver and inspector of tank. He was a good dude, we both agreed the jays are brutal with runners in scoring position.

#11875 11 months ago

I confess At the age of 46, I have taken on a new hobby (aside from pinball, obv).

I am an addicted AFOL
    (Adult Fan of Lego).

Titanic, Home Alone, BTTF Delorean, and the Grand Piano are now all in my foyer.

Beats video games, sort of.

Well not really. Oh well. ☺️

#11876 11 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

[quoted image]

We’re going to Vancouver in 3 weeks. I hope our AirBnB is still standing.

#11877 11 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

[quoted image]

More than a few Pinsiders in the thick of it right now. I’m on evacuation alert, I know of at least one other who is ordered out of his place. The fire in Kelowna is about 2 miles from my house.

People have lost their homes, but lots of homes have also been saved with fire departments from all over the Province stepping up. Things seem to be settling down a bit, at least compared to night 1. I took this shot about 1 hour before the fire jumped the lake and started burning above our house. For perspective’s sake I’d say the largest of those flames are at least 50-60’ high.

IMG_0113 (resized).jpegIMG_0113 (resized).jpeg
    #11878 11 months ago
    Quoted from prl867:

I confess At the age of 46, I have taken on a new hobby (aside from pinball, obv).
    I am an addicted AFOL
    (Adult Fan of Lego).
    Titanic, Home Alone, BTTF Delorean, and the Grand Piano are now all in my foyer.
    Beats video games, sort of.
    Well not really. Oh well. ☺️

Had to cut back, but it's the Modular Buildings for me.

#11879 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

More than a few Pinsiders in the thick of it right now. I’m on evacuation alert, I know of at least one other who is ordered out of his place. The fire in Kelowna is about 2 miles from my house.
    People have lost their homes, but lots of homes have also been saved with fire departments from all over the Province stepping up. Things seem to be settling down a bit, at least compared to night 1. I took this shot about 1 hour before the fire jumped the lake and started burning above our house. For perspective’s sake I’d say the largest of those flames are at least 50-60’ high.
    [quoted image]

thinking about all of you going through the wildfires, hoping things turn out good and everyone stays as safe as possible. wildfires have to be one of the scarier disasters to go through, imo, not that any of them are good.

#11880 11 months ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Had to cut back, but it's the Modular Buildings for me.

I hear that. It was the relatively new 18+ sets that got me hooked, but now I’m planning for my first city. There’s no turning back now.

#11881 11 months ago

Confess I have always paid attention to the weather, because so much of my life I have worked outdoors.

In the summer I have always noticed that while so much of the country stays hot, in San Diego, CA it is always in the 70's, with temps over 100 not far away, and I always thought that was weird.

I Googled that not long ago, and I forgot what all it said, but it was informative.

So anyway, I take care of cutting grass for a few people around me, and this one very nice old man is one of them.

I think that old man is very smart. He is originally from Pittsburg, PA, and he lives in San Diego most of the year, and also has that house near me that he is at every now and then.

Once I asked him how in the hell he went from PA to CA in the first place, and he said he wanted to get as far away from in-laws as possible after he got married.

I know why he has a house near me, his son lives close by there.

I also know why he is at his house in San Diego so much, that 78 high in the summer looks a lot better than the 95 high here.

I asked him a while back if while at his home in CA, does he ever go in the ocean, and he said hell no, sharks are in the water.

I have no clue what skills he has, or what kind of work he used to do, but confess I think he is very smart. He is never around here when the heat and humidity is rough.

#11882 11 months ago

Confess I am very glad that football season is almost here, not only because I love football, but also because normally not long after it starts, the temps finally start to cool down.

The hot temps are nice for a while, to go hit the lake or beach, but I love winter the best, I love the cold air and it just seems so much cleaner also.

I am glad that it doesn't snow here much, but I do like when there is snow on the ground for maybe 3 days in the winter.

Another great thing about winter is all the gnats and mosquitoes are gone. I get tired of them more so than the heat and humidity.

#11883 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

[quoted image]

I’m praying for you Brother and and the safety of your family. Please keep us updated

#11884 11 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I’m praying for you Brother and and the safety of your family. Please keep us updated

Thanks, we are lucky - our house is far enough away from the active line and the interface area (forest) I’m not overly concerned. Things seem to have been relatively quiet again last night. Hopefully they are getting the upper hand on this monster of a fire.

#11885 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

Thanks, we are lucky - our house is far enough away from the active line and the interface area (forest) I’m not overly concerned. Things seem to have been relatively quiet again last night. Hopefully they are getting the upper hand on this monster of a fire.

If you know any fellow pinsider who lost everything I would like to send a care package.

#11886 11 months ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

If you know any fellow pinsider who lost everything I would like to send a care package.

Thanks brother, at this stage I don’t…

Pete

#11887 11 months ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

Thanks brother, at this stage I don’t…
    Pete

I swear pugster I feel like driving to BC to help. I will never forget that picture you sent

#11888 11 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I also know why he is at his house in San Diego so much, that 78 high in the summer looks a lot better than the 95 high here.

Also no humidity there which is a huge plus.

#11889 11 months ago

I pulled up NASA’s fire map and holy crap, would you look at Africa and South America! I’m amazed those wildfires aren’t in the news.

Link: https://firms2.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/map/

My thoughts are with all you Pinsiders in British Columbia.

IMG_0583 (resized).jpegIMG_0583 (resized).jpeg

#11890 11 months ago

Putting the washing away this morning and ended up with the ubiquitous odd sock.

Looked in the odd sock pile and found it's long lost mate.

Figure it spent six months in the wash cycle stuck in the end of my quilt cover.

borat (resized).jpgborat (resized).jpg

#11891 11 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I am very glad that football season is almost here, not only because I love football, but also because normally not long after it starts, the temps finally start to cool down.

The start of football is kinda bittersweet for me. I love football, and the team from my geographical region should be interesting this year with all the kids on the team. But the start of the football season also means that I'll be writing my name in the snow in a few months.

And then I took this pic earlier in the week leaving work... Difficulty: My car's A/C's in the shitter, plus we've had 423% humidity and stupid high dew points. Lake Michigan wasn't helping much, either. I guess it all balances out. Or something.

100 in the merc (resized).jpg100 in the merc (resized).jpg
    #11892 11 months ago
    Quoted from Becker34:

The start of football is kinda bittersweet for me. I love football, and the team from my geographical region should be interesting this year with all the kids on the team. But the start of the football season also means that I'll be writing my name in the snow in a few months.
    And then I took this pic earlier in the week leaving work... Difficulty: My car's A/C's in the shitter, plus we've had 423% humidity and stupid high dew points. Lake Michigan wasn't helping much, either. I guess it all balances out. Or something.
    [quoted image]

Change it to Celsius, it'll make you feel much better seeing 37 on the screen.

#11893 11 months ago
    Quoted from Becker34:

The start of football is kinda bittersweet for me. I love football, and the team from my geographical region should be interesting this year with all the kids on the team.
    [quoted image]

Go Pack! We’re in Titletown for the game today.

5AD73B58-5734-4F09-A956-7934106213FE (resized).jpeg5AD73B58-5734-4F09-A956-7934106213FE (resized).jpeg
    #11894 11 months ago

I don't like Deadpool. I think it's a boring game.

#11895 11 months ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

I don't like Deadpool. I think it's a boring game.

See a doctor.

You've lost your lust for life.

#11896 11 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

See a doctor.
    You've lost your lust for life.

I did. He does not understand either.

#11897 10 months ago

43-year-old confession: I played guitar in my high school jazz band. Thought I was pretty good until one day they gave me a guitar solo. The band made fun of my “whole note guitar solo” for weeks after that. I’m not one for improvising, too left-brain for that.

Confess I put the guitar down in 1998 after my son was born, and never picked it up again. But I still have 3 guitars - might pick it back up when I retire in a few years, if gout doesn’t get my fingers.

#11898 10 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

43-year-old confession: I played guitar in my high school jazz band. Thought I was pretty good until one day they gave me a guitar solo. The band made fun of my “whole note guitar solo” for weeks after that. I’m not one for improvising, too left-brain for that.
    Confess I put the guitar down in 1998 after my son was born, and never picked it up again. But I still have 3 guitars - might pick it back up when I retire in a few years, if gout doesn’t get my fingers.

Gout is no joke. Had my first outbreak 22 years ago. It's a whole new level of pain. For all the women out there that want to throw child birth as painful, my mom had 5 kids and still said some of her gout outbreaks were worse.

#11899 10 months ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Gout is no joke. Had my first outbreak 22 years ago. It's a whole new level of pain. For all the women out there that want to throw child birth as painful, my mom had 5 kids and still said some of her gout outbreaks were worse.

I probably need to get back on Allopurinol. I wake up every morning with half my fingers nearly locked up and hurting. The they’re fine after a few minutes of moving them. I thought quitting beer would help, but it really didn’t make that much difference.

#11900 10 months ago

Quitting beer is hardly ever the correct answer. Occasionally, drinking less is correct, but other than that....

17b7d839-c8e6-4ca3-b37e-f90f4b411bba_text.gif17b7d839-c8e6-4ca3-b37e-f90f4b411bba_text.gif

There are 12,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.