Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,735 posts
  • 725 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
    R0010665 (resized).jpg
    punkincrimescene4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6644 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    R0010614 (resized).jpg
    R0010615 (resized).jpg
    R0010586 (resized).jpg
    R0010590 (resized).jpg
    R0010592 (resized).jpg
    cherryripe1 (resized).jpg
    cherry3 (resized).jpg
    cherry2 (resized).jpg
    list (resized).jpg
    4C764E9B-8BAF-46B2-BC8E-6CC923D0EA09 (resized).jpeg
    ABC9841A-8B69-4391-A0CC-F39BA14B7207 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,735 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 255.
    #11751 11 months ago

A Canadian explains some stuff about Australia.

#11752 11 months ago

And the fucking goat.

#11753 11 months ago

I went to see Oppenheimer last night at one of my favorite old movie theaters, the “Tara” in Atlanta. Confess that it was jarring to walk out of that very sobering movie and straight into a gaggle of grown women dressed as Barbies.

#11754 11 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I went to see Oppenheimer last night at one of my favorite old movie theaters, the “Tara” in Atlanta. Confess that it was jarring to walk out of that very sobering movie and straight into a gaggle of grown women dressed as Barbies.

Confess I always hated going anywhere near Atlanta, but used to when I worked construction I had to a few times.

Everyone there is after a quick buck, from the street corner window washers to the cops.

One of the last times I was there was long ago for my 20-year class reunion, and that was in a decent place, but after that I did have to go to the aquarium, and it was wall to wall with panhandlers, and I was working, and thinking I would like to visit the aquarium someday, but not with all of this going on while trying to get in the place.

#11755 11 months ago

Confess I really hope I don't get in trouble for this post, but long ago I think this is the tread that I learned about the block and ignore features on this site.

At the time I said I had never done that, and never will.

Well, things change as time goes on.

I have made a few blocks now.

The first was from someone that was getting very obnoxious trying to interact with me, and I was afraid I would get in trouble if I even responded to some of the crazy stuff they were posting. I liked the person though.

After the first time, it gets much easier. The 2nd block was for someone that always got on my nerves wanting to argue with everyone and was also downvoting a lot. I really hate downvotes.

The 3rd block, and at the time I figured would be the last, was to block someone that is always way too out there for me.

The 4th and last so far block, was to someone that had put me on ignore, and while I was just going around leaving a lot of upvotes like I tend to do, I got tired of seeing this red box pop up that I couldn't leave them an upvote, because they have me on ignore.

Confess I have still never left the first downvote, and I never will. I will block before downvoting.

Also, even though I don't post much in this thread anymore, I still love this thread, and I always upvote every post here, even if I am puzzled by the post.

I hope all of you are having a very great year!

#11756 11 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I hope I will when the next two pins get here. GFCE and PF.

I hope you are having a great year JohnnyPinball007 !

LTG : )

#11757 11 months ago

Confess I went to see Indiana Jones last weekend and saw the extended preview for "Barbie", and it didn't look that bad....she has to decide whether to stay in Barbieworld or enter the "real" one...I thought the premise was kinda interesting.

After we see Oppenheimer though...

#11758 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Confess I went to see Indiana Jones last weekend and saw the extended preview for "Barbie", and it didn't look that bad....she has to decide whether to stay in Barbieworld or enter the "real" one...I thought the premise was kinda interesting.
    After we see Oppenheimer though...

Yeah, no desire to see Barbie, we'll see Oppenheimer, but a riveting story we saw last weekend was Sound of Freedom. Last movie that left me choked up...

#11759 11 months ago

“Are you going to see Barbie or Oppenheimer?”

Confession: Neither. Both trailers did nothing for me.

#11760 11 months ago

I confess the high pitched screech of infants in a brewery drives me to drink

#11761 11 months ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

“Are you going to see Barbie or Oppenheimer?”
    Confession: Neither. Both trailers did nothing for me.

They should combine the two movies with some clever editing

#11762 11 months ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I confess the high pitched a screech of infants in a brewery drives me to drink

Well, you're in the right place then

#11763 11 months ago

Confess I really hope I don't get in trouble for this post, but long ago I think this is the tread that I learned about the block and ignore features on this site.
    At the time I said I had never done that, and never will.
    Well, things change as time goes on.
    I have made a few blocks now.
    The first was from someone that was getting very obnoxious trying to interact with me, and I was afraid I would get in trouble if I even responded to some of the crazy stuff they were posting. I liked the person though.
    After the first time, it gets much easier. The 2nd block was for someone that always got on my nerves wanting to argue with everyone and was also downvoting a lot. I really hate downvotes.
    The 3rd block, and at the time I figured would be the last, was to block someone that is always way too out there for me.
    The 4th and last so far block, was to someone that had put me on ignore, and while I was just going around leaving a lot of upvotes like I tend to do, I got tired of seeing this red box pop up that I couldn't leave them an upvote, because they have me on ignore.
    Confess I have still never left the first downvote, and I never will. I will block before downvoting.
    Also, even though I don't post much in this thread anymore, I still love this thread, and I always upvote every post here, even if I am puzzled by the post.

Extra quick upvote to make sure i wasn't on the ignore list.

#11764 11 months ago

I confess I haven't seen a movie in a theater since 1999. It was a station/promo screening of the pro wrestling doc "Beyond the Mat."

I'll also confess that I'm a sucker for the old movie palaces - the theaters that were built usually in the 20's right before "talkies" came out. Many of them were vaudeville houses that segued to movies. Many around here have been torn down. Some are now used for live entertainment, some still show movies. Some have been restored and improved. Most notably in Milwaukee is the old Warner theater. It was an art deco 2500 seat theater that was twinned in the 60s or 70s and was shuttered in the late 80s-early 90s. It's downtown on Wisconsin Ave. I used to walk past it often on my way to lunch or to a side gig when I worked downtown. Luckily, there was minimal damage done when they twinned it (just walled off the front of the balcony) and the building wasn't totally abandoned. Restoration started right before COVID and it's now the Bradley Symphony Center, the home of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra.

We also have the Riverside Theater which runs live events. Seen a ton of shows there. It was restored in the 80s. The Oriental which used to show movies and have concerts into the early 90s when it was tri-plexed, without destroying it. The Downer and the Avalon still show movies. 25 years ago we used the Avalon for a Jackyl concert that knocked some plaster down. It's had a lot of work done to it since then. There's also the Modjeska which has been pretty much empty since the mid-late 90s when someone tried running rock shows there. I saw Cheap Trick there around 97 and was amazed by the huge original urinals.

#11765 11 months ago

Been a long time for me also. I remember they made good movies then. 10 of theaters in my time i went to. Only 3 exist as of today. 1 is new houses, 3 are grocery stores, 3 are shopping centers. But still have my blockbuster video card.

#11766 11 months ago

Saw Barbie. Liked it - subversive, thoughtful, and poignant. Have no idea how they got the licensor to let them do what they did. Will probably watch it again.

#11767 11 months ago

Aside from overseas trips where i've had to be up in the wee hours to get to an airport, i haven't used an alarm clock for over a decade.

Haven't worn a watch since i was a teen either.

#11768 11 months ago

Perhaps this is an ignorant thing to say but i'm not quite sure i enjoy pinball that much. like i enjoy playing it when it works but i feel little to no attachment to it when it doesn't. there is this one machine in particular that i've been fixing and i got it working 100%. only to let it sit overnight and come back to it in the morning and it doesn't work at all for anyone else. but when i turn it on it works properly fine. it's the stupid small things like that kill my mood for pinball. that and when i test a particular part of something say. 30-40 times. and it works perfectly. but then you play a game on it. or someone else tests it and it completely doesn't work. and you know it's not something you did because you spent hours and hours and hours adjusting this one stupid little mechanism.

#11769 11 months ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Perhaps this is an ignorant thing to say but i'm not quite sure i enjoy pinball that much. like i enjoy playing it when it works but i feel little to no attachment to it when it doesn't. there is this one machine in particular that i've been fixing and i got it working 100%. only to let it sit overnight and come back to it in the morning and it doesn't work at all for anyone else. but when i turn it on it works properly fine. it's the stupid small things like that kill my mood for pinball. that and when i test a particular part of something say. 30-40 times. and it works perfectly. but then you play a game on it. or someone else tests it and it completely doesn't work. and you know it's not something you did because you spent hours and hours and hours adjusting this one stupid little mechanism.

I think lotsa people feel that way at some point. Lotsa guys on here prefer restoring a game from the dead to actually playing them.

#11770 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I think lotsa people feel that way at some point. Lotsa guys on here prefer restoring a game from the dead to actually playing them.

I enjoy restoring stuff because i like using my hands. i like building things or making old things work again. but jesus christ does it get you down sometimes. I swear i've felt more emotions trying to fix peoples pinballs then i have through other means.

#11771 11 months ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Saw Barbie. Liked it - subversive, thoughtful, and poignant. Have no idea how they got the licensor to let them do what they did. Will probably watch it again.

I turned to my gf 30 seconds into the movie when those little girls were destroying the dolls in the beginning, holding them by the legs and smashing their heads on the rocks and ground, I was like "That's a bit disturbing..." (not to me, but maybe to a little kid...)

Lotsa sexual innuendo - I was surprised. I thought it was going to be, i don't know...different.

#11772 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I turned to my gf 30 seconds into the movie when those little girls were destroying the dolls in the beginning, holding them by the legs and smashing their heads on the rocks and ground, I was like "That's a bit disturbing..." (not to me, but maybe to a little kid...)
    Lotsa sexual innuendo - I was surprised. I thought it was going to be, i don't know...different.

It's got a pg-13 rating, kids aren't supposed to see it, but I don't understand what grownup would want to see it?
    Is Barbie a slut?

#11773 11 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

It's got a pg-13 rating, kids aren't supposed to see it, but I don't understand what grownup would want to see it?
    Is Barbie a slut?

Well, personally, there was at least one hot chick in a short skirt on the screen every minute, so there's that.....

I thought the premise was interesting - Barbie, as a living doll, has to decide between her world or the "real" world. The best movies are when an ordinary person is put in an extraordinary situation (Star Wars, farm boy rises up to be Jedi warrior), or an extraordinary person is put in an ordinary one (Superman).

They couldn't possibly have thought kids under 13 weren't gonna want to see it, hell that's Barbie's target audience. 13 year olds aren't still playing with dolls.

#11774 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

13 year olds aren't still playing with dolls.

No, they wait until they're over 40 then glue the dolls into pinball machines.

#11775 11 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

No, they wait until they're over 40 then glue the dolls into pinball machines.

I was told in no uncertain terms that they are 'action figures'. Never heard the term till i was shouted down. But i googled it and it is a term coined by Mattel when boys were made fun of for playing with dolls.

Something to do with ken and gi i joe i think.

#11776 11 months ago

I'm always fascinated by hobby/collector myopia.

A million years ago I played fantasy hockey, and someone on the forum talked about how much they enjoyed the new hockey videogame, and everybody jumped all over him for being immature and childish. We're literally playing make-believe and we think what we do is superior?

You like dolls? Cool. You like cosplay? Cool. You like large boxes with flashing lights and a rolling ball? Cool. Isn't it great that someone found something that brings them joy in a world that can be unsettling and scary?

#11777 11 months ago

Got my new to me Cirqis Voltaire delivered yesterday.

I got it sent straight to the resorer for a playfield swap and freshen up and haven't seen or played one before.

Was drunk and stoned and talking shit yesterday with a couple mates, so i put it up on legs and haven't even lifted the backbox.

Will probs do it in a couple hours before i go to bowls. But i may not.

Confess that delayed gratification is becoming a pleasant thing after all these years of practice.

#11778 11 months ago
    Quoted from HooperTriplett:

Looks like the fart opera was too subversive: https://www.vulture.com/2023/07/barbie-fart-opera-greta-gerwig.html

Also, Fart Opera was the name of my Queen/GG Allin tribute project that never saw the light of day.

Haven't seen the movie, but I heard it described elsewhere as subversive too.

I'd love to have been in the meeting where they shitcanned the fart opera... But licensors can be weird.

#11779 11 months ago

Looking forward to comp here this week.

Everyone loved the pairs comp last time we did one, it was great fun.

DSCF2527[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2527[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF2529[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2529[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF2528[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2528[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF2530[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2530[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF2531[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2531[1] (resized).jpg

#11780 11 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Is Barbie a slut?

You did it! This is literally the point of the movie! Congrats!

#11781 11 months ago
    Quoted from isJ:

You did it! This is literally the point of the movie! Congrats!

Confess I will watch it, when it comes out for free on my streaming service.

Not paying an extra dime to watch it, or any other movie.

#11782 11 months ago

Not paying an extra dime to watch it, or any other movie.

My girlfriend is going crazy wanting to watch Cocaine Bear, but I don't have Peacock, and not planning to pay for it, I confess I can last longer than they can, for some stuff to be released to other areas that I can watch without paying anything else.

#11783 11 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Your mates sure are fortunate to have such a sweet place for tourneys! The comps sound like a good time. How does the 1 ball each/ 4 balls per game/2 player game work? Also, i love the split flipper games! We made an after hours rule that you have to take a drink if get called out for playing your turn without a beer in the other hand!

#11784 11 months ago

Not sure where to post this
    but decided here might be appropriate.
    Went camping 2 weeks ago up in Washington
    Was setting up camp when i noticed on the picnic camp table
    next to the fire pit a note, stating "Be aware, wasp nest under table"
    Well curious bloke that I am, I bent down to have a peek.
    This is what I saw or at least similar,
    as I did not take a photo of the actual nest
    wasp nest (resized).PNGwasp nest (resized).PNG
    It was about the size of a baseball, dangling from the underside of the table.
    Anyway, as soon as I saw what I saw
    one of the buggers stung me in my left lower eyelid.
    Damn it hurt, like a MoFo.
    Needless to say that nest had to go.
    So after a few minutes to compose myself
    and get over the shock&pain of the sting
    and wondering if I was going to go blind
    I came up with a plan for a counter attack.
    I got some heavy leather gloves and a large plastic bag
    that I had in my camping gear (probably should have also put on some safety googles),
    then proceeded to envelope the nest in the bag
    gave a quick couple twists, threw the bag with nest inside to the ground
    and proceeded to stomp the hell out of it.
    I noticed a kind of pinkish red colored "jam" ooze out of the nest.
    Brought the mess the a trash can at a vault toilet station about 35 yards from the campsite
    and declared victory.
    Though when i returned to the table some of the wasps not inside the nest
    had returned from their excursions into the woodlands and were already attempting to rebuild.
    I got my army shovel, scraped any remains of the nest stem
    and mooshed any wasps that I could. Then found some OFF! mosquito spray
    and saturated the area.
    Thinking next time I am going to make sure I have hornet/wasp spray in my camping arsenal.
    Below is a cropped photo of me, the next day, of the eye,
    the swelling had gone down considerably by then,
    and the pain was almost gone.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #11785 11 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That looks like a blast!

#11786 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Not sure where to post this
    but decided here might be appropriate.
    Went camping 2 weeks ago up in Washington
    Was setting up camp when i noticed on the picnic camp table
    next to the fire pit a note, stating "Be aware, wasp nest under table"
    Well curious bloke that I am, I bent down to have a peek.
    This is what I saw or at least similar,
    as I did not take a photo of the actual nest
    [quoted image]
    It was about the size of a baseball, dangling from the underside of the table.
    Anyway, as soon as I saw what I saw
    one of the buggers stung me in my left lower eyelid.
    Damn it hurt, like a MoFo.
    Needless to say that nest had to go.
    So after a few minutes to compose myself
    and get over the shock&pain of the sting
    and wondering if I was going to go blind
    I came up with a plan for a counter attack.
    I got some heavy leather gloves and a large plastic bag
    that I had in my camping gear (probably should have also put on some safety googles),
    then proceeded to envelope the nest in the bag
    gave a quick couple twists, threw the bag with nest inside to the ground
    and proceeded to stomp the hell out of it.
    I noticed a kind of pinkish red colored "jam" ooze out of the nest.
    Brought the mess the a trash can at a vault toilet station about 35 yards from the campsite
    and declared victory.
    Though when i returned to the table some of the wasps not inside the nest
    had returned from their excursions into the woodlands and were already attempting to rebuild.
    I got my army shovel, scraped any remains of the nest stem
    and mooshed any wasps that I could. Then found some OFF! mosquito spray
    and saturated the area.
    Thinking next time I am going to make sure I have hornet/wasp spray in my camping arsenal.
    Below is a cropped photo of me, the next day, of the eye,
    the swelling had gone down considerably by then,
    and the pain was almost gone.[quoted image]

Damn, that was a battle

#11787 11 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Your mates sure are fortunate to have such a sweet place for tourneys! The comps sound like a good time. How does the 1 ball each/ 4 balls per game/2 player game work? Also, i love the split flipper games! We made an after hours rule that you have to take a drink if get called out for playing your turn without a beer in the other hand!

Teams enter the comp under a single name in head to head matchplay and are assigned another team and a machine each round. Each machine has the instructions on it.

On the Sterns (deadpool, TWD, 24, Black Night SOR, Tron) i set them to 4 ball games. So the first team to play will start two games. Player one for the first team plays the first ball then player one for the other team plays the first ball for player two etc.

We ended up with only 5 for comp yesty, so went back to singles matchplay, but we'll do pairs again now and then. It's a blast.

#11788 11 months ago

Wanted to share a few nice stories from SFGE, our annual Atlanta pinball show. This seems as good a place as any.

I waited for a tween girl to finish a game on Congo, so I could start to break it down. When she finished I asked “Do you like the game?” And she said “YES! I was reading the book (Congo) on the drive here and I hoped I would see it!” Color me impressed, a kiddo who reads novels.

Later, about 15 minutes before close, a 9-10 year old boy walked up to Skateball, pressed the coin return a few times, and started to walk away. I showed him where the start button was, and he put up 350k on his first game. I said “You’re pretty good!”, and I could see the pride in his face. He played it until the show closing time was called at 4:00. He walked out beaming.

Both of those things made me happy, and breaking and down and loading my pins didn’t feel like as much of a chore after that.
    IMG_3411 (resized).jpegIMG_3411 (resized).jpeg

#11789 11 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Wanted to share a few nice stories from SFGE, our annual Atlanta pinball show. This seems as good a place as any.
    I waited for a tween girl to finish a game on Congo, so I could start to break it down. When she finished I asked “Do you like the game?” And she said “YES! I was reading the book (Congo) on the drive here and I hoped I would see it!” Color me impressed, a kiddo who reads novels.
    Later, about 15 minutes before close, a 9-10 year old boy walked up to Skateball, pressed the coin return a few times, and started to walk away. I showed him where the start button was, and he put up 350k on his first game. I said “You’re pretty good!”, and I could see the pride in his face. I let him play it until the show closing time was called at 4:00. He walked out beaming.
    Both of those things made me happy, and breaking and down and loading my 6 pins didn’t feel like as much of a chore after that.

First time i went to pinfest newcastle here i took my pride Sorcerer. The machine next to me had a 30 something owner watching it all weekend, and when it was time to pack up he brought his 10-12 yo son in to help him. Most of the machines were all packed up and when i talked to the kid he hadn't been there all weekend even though his father had a free pass for them both.

So we left our 3 machines on while everyone packed up and the kid got to play some pinball at least. We were staying the night anyway.

Makes you wonder.

#11790 11 months ago

swampfire and punkin, thank you for making kids happy.

All the hard work and long hours melt when you do that.

LTG : )

#11791 11 months ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Later, about 15 minutes before close, a 9-10 year old boy walked up to Skateball, pressed the coin return a few times, and started to walk away. I showed him where the start button was, and he put up 350k on his first game. I said “You’re pretty good!”, and I could see the pride in his face. I let him play it until the show closing time was called at 4:00. He walked out beaming.
    Both of those things made me happy, and breaking and down and loading my 6 pins didn’t feel like as much of a chore after that.

That's awesome man. Those kids will remember how well you treated them and hopefully learn to do so with others.

#11792 11 months ago

Saw Oppenheimer last night in glorious IMAX.

Thought the film was extraordinary, but could have done without the rather gratuitous nudity.

Then again, I’m a bit of a prude.

#11793 11 months ago

I confess I can’t figure out what ghosting is, how it happens, what it hurts in the long run, and how “non-ghosting” LEDs somehow help prevent it. Halp please.

#11794 11 months ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

I confess I can’t figure out what ghosting is, how it happens

Ghosting is when you ignore a former friend

LEDs are of no help, to prevent anything.

#11795 11 months ago

I confess the Lumalegz thread is beginning to lose it's luster.

In mornings past I sprung out of bed, filled with excitement to see the latest Photoshop heroics from around the world.

Nowadays, it's kinda like a mediocre booty call. Sure, I'll hit that, nothing better to do, but not actively looking for it.

#11796 11 months ago

I confess i do not like people whom i thought were Friends only to Downvote and Talk shi@ to me through the forum instead of PM'ing or texting my phone(which they have) their negative thoughts on my Forum Posts ..
    I confess i hate Forum bullies !
    i agree that no one thinks exactly alike and opinions are up to Debates . But FACTS are FACTS if evidence shows it ,then people need to come to terms with the truth !

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Ghosting is when you ignore a former friend

LEDs are of no help, to prevent anything.

#11797 11 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess the Lumalegz thread is beginning to lose it's luster.
    In mornings past I sprung out of bed, filled with excitement to see the latest Photoshop heroics from around the world.
    Nowadays, it's kinda like a mediocre booty call. Sure, I'll hit that, nothing better to do, but not actively looking for it.

I had no idea what this was all about. A quick run through the thread’s image gallery left me in tears. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lumalegz-you-need-these/page/10?gallery#g

#11798 11 months ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

But FACTS are FACTS if evidence shows it ,then people need to come to terms with the truth !

Ok.. i admit it, everyone needs a set of them legz

#11799 11 months ago

I confess... Of the games I own, my "favorites" (ones bolted to the floor) have no tilt bob...

I ALWAYS win on my favorites

Shhh... don't tell.

#11800 11 months ago
    Quoted from BallLocks:

I confess... Of the games I own, my "favorites" (ones bolted to the floor) have no tilt bob...
    I ALWAYS win on my favorites
    Shhh... don't tell.

I bought game from a friend and he delivered it and set it up for me. Later on I was playing and thought wow the tilt is very liberal, then saw there was no tilt bob...

There are 12,735 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.