Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,742 posts
  • 725 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2436 (resized).jpeg
    R0010665 (resized).jpg
    punkincrimescene4 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6644 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    R0010614 (resized).jpg
    R0010615 (resized).jpg
    R0010586 (resized).jpg
    R0010590 (resized).jpg
    R0010592 (resized).jpg
    cherryripe1 (resized).jpg
    cherry3 (resized).jpg
    cherry2 (resized).jpg
    list (resized).jpg
    4C764E9B-8BAF-46B2-BC8E-6CC923D0EA09 (resized).jpeg
    ABC9841A-8B69-4391-A0CC-F39BA14B7207 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 255.
    #11601 1 year ago

I had laparoscopic surgery to repair a hernia this morning. Confess I’m really impressed with how much better hospitals are now than in ‘94, when I had my last surgery (for a parathyroid tumor). I told them my pain was at around a 5, and within a minute the pain was less than a 1. The scars are tiny, like I was carefully stabbed by Arya Stark. The post-op pain is less than the hernia I was suffering with for years (because my doctors were incompetent, and I didn’t advocate for myself enough).

If you live in Metro Atlanta, I highly recommend Piedmont Hospital, A++. But I guess it ought be, for $29k (my copay was about $2800).

Also, I love Vicodin. But I hope I’m done with it soon, it’s constipating as hell.

#11602 1 year ago

Confess, I don't use my thumbs when texting or for anything else on my phone.

#11603 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Confess, I don't use my thumbs when texting or for anything else on my phone.

So how do you pick the fucking thing up?

#11604 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I had laparoscopic surgery to repair a hernia this morning. Confess I’m really impressed with how much better hospitals are now than in ‘94, when I had my last surgery (for a parathyroid tumor). I told them my pain was at around a 5, and within a minute the pain was less than a 1. The scars are tiny, like I was carefully stabbed by Arya Stark. The post-op pain is less than the hernia I was suffering with for years (because my doctors were incompetent, and I didn’t advocate for myself enough).
    If you live in Metro Atlanta, I highly recommend Piedmont Hospital, A++. But I guess it ought be, for $29k (my copay was about $2800).
    Also, I love Vicodin. But I hope I’m done with it soon, it’s constipating as hell.

I had my hip replaced last year and a few hours after the surgery, l asked the Nurse, when is it going to start hurting? Pain management was excellent in the Hospital. When I was released, all I took was Tylenol, I refused to take the oxycodone they prescribed for the pain.

#11605 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

I had my hip replaced last year and a few hours after the surgery, l asked the Nurse, when is it going to start hurting? Pain management was excellent in the Hospital. When I was released, all I took was Tylenol, I refused to take the oxycodone they prescribed for the pain.

The pain started to come about an hour ago, so I took another V. But I confess that the pain is probably due to the constipation from the V. I’d kill for a good honest dump right now. Milk of Magnesia did nothing.

#11606 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Glad to hear you are on the mend and feeling better.

#11607 1 year ago

I confess I once accidentally tricked a nurse into looking at my penis. It was post ACL surgery and they had given me a spinal and other pain meds. When I came to I was pretty far gone and I tried to touch my knee under the sheets. I am not sure why…to see if it was still there I guess? I screamed and yelled what did you do to my knee!? The nurse quickly pulled the sheet back and apparently I had not been covered by my surgical robe and I was squeezing all my bits and pieces. She looked at me and calmly said, “Sir, that’s your penis!” My ex was so upset, at me for being too doped up to know the difference. I still shake my head when I hear that poor nurses voice in my head.

#11608 1 year ago
    Quoted from prl867:

I’m not a conspiracy theorist by any means, except when it comes to one particular event.
    I firmly believe Princess Diana faked her death and is living with her companion Dodi Alfyed in some private island or compound somewhere, free of paparazzi and public exposure.
    I’ve always thought this.

I don't buy it. You think they were the good a match they would live happily ever after in seclusion. Nah, they were killed in a car crash.

#11609 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Smart man.

#11610 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirMachismo:

I confess I once accidentally tricked a nurse into looking at my penis. It was post ACL surgery and they had given me a spinal and other pain meds. When I came to I was pretty far gone and I tried to touch my knee under the sheets. I am not sure why…to see if it was still there I guess? I screamed and yelled what did you do to my knee!? The nurse quickly pulled the sheet back and apparently I had not been covered by my surgical robe and I was squeezing all my bits and pieces. She looked at me and calmly said, “Sir, that’s your penis!” My ex was so upset, at me for being too doped up to know the difference. I still shake my head when I hear that poor nurses voice in my head.

Well, that's why the ex is an ex. Sounds like a real bitch.

#11611 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I want to be so rich that I just don’t shave. Like Jim Carrey, David Letterman or Jack Dorsey. Just a crazy ass long beard.

Lots of poor people have the same look.

#11612 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Well, that's why the ex is an ex. Sounds like a real bitch.

Sadly, I didn’t realize it till I after the surgery. Nothing like being told to go pick up dog poop one week after surgery to open my eyes. I know…shaking my head.

#11613 1 year ago
    Quoted from Becker34:

Cheap Trick wall of text about me bitching about the late show time

I guess my nightmare is over. The other day the band announced they had to cancel due to "unforeseen circumstances." If I were to guess, it would be routing. Looks like whoever routed the tour was drunk when they did it and started hitting a map when the spins kicked in. Milwaukee would've been the first date back after a few weeks off. Then Delaware 3 days later. Then Florida in 3. Tennessee in 2. Texas 2 days later.

I've had one since it was introduced. I use the Meijer branded refills. They're usually around $8 for a 4-pack and I can get at least a month out of one. The difference between the Gillette and the knockoff is the knockoff has some kind of gel-ish gimmick instead of the lube strip. They fit the Gillette handle. I loaded up a few weeks ago when they had a buy-one-get-50%-off deal. I'm good into 2024.

A few years ago I made the mistake of buying a Harry's shaver when they were out of Mach 3 refills. This was when they were carpetbombing radio, TV and podcasts with their commercials. The 5 blades suck. It's like trying to shave with a door from a '76 Chevy Caprice coupe. And no matter how slick you get your face the blades feel like they're rusted like most '76 Chevies are these days.

#11614 1 year ago

Anyone old enough to remember the “pyramid power” craze in the 70’s? People would buy little pyramids to put their blades in, to keep them sharp longer. About the same time as the mood ring and pet rock.

#11615 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Anyone old enough to remember the “pyramid power” craze in the 70’s? People would buy little pyramids to put their blades in, to keep them sharp longer. About the same time as the mood ring and pet rock.

Don’t remember that at all, but when I still used cartridge razors, I found that if I dried the blades and put them in mineral oil, they stayed sharp for months. I was told it’s because the disulfide bonds in whiskers will never dull blades, it’s always oxidation from water that causes pitting/dulling.

But I’ve since switched to a DE (Gillette Thin adjustable from the 60s) and prefer it to any cartridge. And I’ve found the synthetic brushes great.

If you ever want to go down the razor rabbit hole, the Sharpologist site is great: https://sharpologist.com/

#11616 1 year ago

This has a lot of great shaving stuff. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wet-shaving

#11617 1 year ago

Fuck i hate winter.

I'll keep the afternoons in the sun, but you can have the cold southerlies and the shivery mornings.

It's nearly bad enough that i start thinking about buying a heater as i slowly get acclimatized here.

TwoJumpersWillSufficeForNowPunkin

#11618 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Fuck i hate winter.
    I'll keep the afternoons in the sun, but you can have the cold southerlies and the shivery mornings.
    It's nearly bad enough that i start thinking about buying a heater as i slowly get acclimatized here.

I love winter!

Right now, it is summer here, and I am splitting firewood for this next winter. I love burning wood in the fireplace, and even having a bon fire outside.

Confess to me anyway, splitting firewood is the most relaxing work I ever do, even when sometimes the pieces I get are bigger than me, and I have to get on a ladder to cut them.

All that helps keep me in shape also.

It helps that I have a friend in the tree removal business, so I can get all of that wood for free, just a lot of work sometimes.

Confess that even though I am enjoying this summer so far with the below average temps, I do want it to warm up briefly, to get back on the lake a few times, before winter gets back here again.

#11619 1 year ago

Confess Fall is my favorite season. Cooling off from the hot summer, leaves changing colors, days getting shorter, the smell of fallen leaves.

#11620 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Fuck i hate winter.

Punkinswinterdoesn'tcount as winter

#11621 1 year ago

No, but it's starting to feel cold now i've been here 6 years.

Gets down to 5C (40f) in the mornings and it feels like it used to where i lived when it was -5c (20f).

I've got two hoodies and a pair of ugh's on this morning. I have an electric panel heater here i bought for my mum ages ago before she went into the home.

I may have to plug it in i'm afraid.

#11622 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

No, but it's starting to feel cold now i've been here 6 years.
    Gets down to 5C (40f) in the mornings and it feels like it used to where i lived when it was -5c (20f).
    I've got two hoodies and a pair of ugh's on this morning. I have an electric panel heater here i bought for my mum ages ago before she went into the home.
    I may have to plug it in i'm afraid.

40f....oh Punkin.....

I'd tell you about getting in my car at 0f in the morning but those Canadian fellas will put that to shame........

"I'llShowYouColdPunkin"

#11623 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

40f....oh Punkin.....
    I'd tell you about getting in my car at 0f in the morning but those Canadian fellas will put that to shame........
    "I'llShowYouColdPunkin"

Yes i know there's bitter cold places in the world, but i live in the lucky country.

I know you guys like it, but i would never live anywhere i couldn't ride my bikes all year round.

It's all comparative and what you get used to. I was in shorts nearly all year round when i moved here 6 years ago.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

https://en.climate-data.org/oceania/australia/new-south-wales/woolgoolga-7198/

#11624 1 year ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Confess Fall is my favorite season. Cooling off from the hot summer, leaves changing colors, days getting shorter, the smell of fallen leaves.

As I get older, I appreciate fall more too. Watching the leaves change color, not getting torched by the sun/heat every day, bonfires, no mosquitoes, you name it.

#11625 1 year ago

I'm a summer guy for sure, singlets, sun, sweat and swimming. The girls are out in force, and i live in a small coastal holiday town that has a strong contingent of backpackers here all year round for the blueberries.

I like spring because it means winters gone and summer is coming. Autumn is ok, but it always has the shadow of the approaching winter cast over it for me.

Winter sunny days here are glorious. It's just the mornings i hate.

#11626 1 year ago

I've been a summer person all my life but the last few years it's been changing. In my youth I loved boating, getting a tan, riding dirt bikes. I like spring because of the promise of what's coming. Fall is welcome because by then, I've had enough of the heat and nonstop yard work. But in the winter, I don't have to do much of anything. I come home, throw a few logs in the fireplace, turn on the TV and by 5pm it's getting dark. It's a very cozy, comfortable feeling.

#11627 1 year ago

I have no understanding whatsoever of what the hell ChatGPT is. Nor do I care.

#11628 1 year ago

Winter is OK, it's just driving in the snow that sucks and when you have a 2 hour commute, it really sucks.

#11629 1 year ago

I confess I said my bum leg hurts for a Chinese food combo.

#11630 1 year ago

Need suggestions on a cool name for my new product.

Rocky Road made with magic green butter.

One of the key ingredients is Crunchie Bar chocolates if that helps.

It has a sticker on it from my tincture (makes you walk like Herman Munster), but a short snappy name like my Cherry Ripe brownies are called Cheery Cherry.

Crunchie Road just doesn't have snappy style and coolness i'm after.

brownies10 (resized).jpgbrownies10 (resized).jpg

brownies11 (resized).jpgbrownies11 (resized).jpg

#11631 1 year ago

Chocolate RockNRoll?

#11632 1 year ago

Won't fit on the sticker.

Was thinking Smooth Ride Road. Dunno if that will fit either.

Easy Street?

#11633 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Easy Street?

Free Ride
    chaKa Boob boom

#11634 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Easy Street?

Rocky Whoa….d

#11635 1 year ago

Calling occupants..an ode to the Carpenters song. So sad what happened to Karen and I miss her.

#11636 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tribonian:

Rocky Whoa….d

I like.

Keep em coming.

#11637 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Calling occupants..an ode to the Carpenters song. So sad what happened to Karen and I miss her.

Loved that song!

#11638 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I like.
    Keep em coming.

Rock-me Road.

#11639 1 year ago

That's got the right zing. Good one!

#11640 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Easy Street?

Relaxing Road. Smooth Road. Tasty Road. Buzz Road. Party Road.

#11643 1 year ago

Who would have guessed that a steam powered bicycle would go wrong?

#11644 1 year ago

Johnny nearly got it. The winner came in on the text line yesterday afternoon. There was a panel of 3 here at the time and we decided to close the comp as it was an unbeatable shot.

Stoned Road.

#11645 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Johnny nearly got it. The winner came in on the text line yesterday afternoon. There was a panel of 3 here at the time and we decided to close the comp as it was an unbeatable shot.
    Stoned Road.

A fitting conclusion to the contest.

Your "Herman walking" reference made me think of a Savatage song, "Thorazine Shuffle", about drugged-up psychiatric patients ambling around....

#11646 1 year ago

I typed it wrong sorry, it was of course...Stoney Road....

#11647 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I typed it wrong sorry, it was of course...Stoney Road....

Sounds like they're working! LOL

#11648 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Sounds like they're working! LOL

Nah, it's 5.30 in the morning.

I'm not the wake and bake teenager i was decades ago. Gotta keep a handle on it if i want to sell moonshine stills.

#11649 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Loved that song!

Great tune /video Punkin incredible song

#11650 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Who would have guessed that a steam powered bicycle would go wrong?

The wildest part of that list are the last 2 “Maritime” entries. One died on the Titanic, then the other died trying to visit the Titanic. Makes you think some kind of curse might be involved.

There are 12,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.