Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 251.
    #1001 7 years ago

I confess that I wanted to post on post #1001 to kick off the next 1000 posts in this Confessional thread topic.
    I also confess that it is fun to enter your initials on high scores on your friends pinball machines.

#1002 7 years ago

I confess that when people ask for the best multiball start, best music, best 3000 dollar or below machine, deepest code, best flow, or best combo pinball machine, i always chose a game that i own in order to pump it up.

1 week later
    #1003 7 years ago

I hate when people price police other folks ads and for sale threads.
    But with rampant pinflation, it's getting harder and harder to resist doing it myself.

#1004 7 years ago

I only read this thread to see what kind of sicko's are on Pinside I did thumb up my favorites, though.

#1005 7 years ago

I'm always trying to be more like beelzeboob but I'm not nearly as funny

20170305_214417 (resized).jpg20170305_214417 (resized).jpg

#1006 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I hate when people price police other folks ads and for sale threads.
    But with rampant pinflation, it's getting harder and harder to resist doing it myself.

Me too. It is getting to be so hard at times.

1 week later
    #1007 7 years ago

The most absurd thing I have ever heard by a pinball owner state in the past 30 years in response to a general question at a pinball show:

Me: "So how often do you play your games?"
    Owner: "I do own quite a few pinball game machines but refuse to play them out of fear of them being damaged and losing value. That is why I come to shows so I can play other people's games without worrying about my own."
    Me: "???"

BTW, this person is no longer in the hobby.

#1008 7 years ago

I agree xTBNx,
    That is messed up. What a dick.
    Pinball festivals/shows/expos are successful because generous kind people bring machines for people to play, volunteer their time, sell parts and machines, etc.

What was his online Pinside name?

#1009 7 years ago

aXX5GA6_700b (resized).jpgaXX5GA6_700b (resized).jpg

#1010 7 years ago

I tell my wife we are buying the new pin to replace an existing pin, but have yet to list one for sale

I don't like knockers as I feel like the game is breaking.

I didn't read the entire thread (but I'm working on it).

#1011 7 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I didn't read the entire thread (but I'm working on it).

For a moment I actually believed in you.

#1012 7 years ago

I hate TAF

#1013 7 years ago

I hate Medieval Madness and walk right by it every time I see it. Same with CFTBL and AFM. If I owned all 3 it would be milliseconds before they were in the marketplace. It feels good to say that.

#1014 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I agree xTBNx,
    That is messed up. What a dick.
    Pinball festivals/shows/expos are successful because generous kind people bring machines for people to play, volunteer their time, sell parts and machines, etc.
    What was his online Pinside name?

He was never on PinSide.
    He sold off his collection after interest cooled off after the end of the last minor resurgence around 2004-2005 due to reimports.
    There are many different type of collectors in this world, but not everyone is trying to maintain the hobby.
    Many have in the past, but today the hobby is quite different.
    The loss of Steve Charland today was an especially large blow to those that knew him.

#1015 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

I hate Medieval Madness and walk right by it every time I see it. Same with CFTBL and AFM. If I owned all 3 it would be milliseconds before they were in the marketplace. It feels good to say that.

Haha oh man I love all three of those. TAF though... f**k TAF.

#1016 7 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I don't like knockers

I do.

iu[1] (resized).jpgiu[1] (resized).jpg

#1017 7 years ago

Well-played (resized).jpgWell-played (resized).jpg

#1018 7 years ago

I love the "Pics of Game-Room" thread but hate when someone posts about building their room and fill the thread with lotsa of construction pics.
    Oh, and I also hate pool so when people says how they love playing pool (sometimes more than pinball), it makes me wanna puck.
    Added over 7 years ago: (grammar police)

Added over 7 years ago: (auto-corrector?)

#1019 7 years ago

I have 2 games still standing at my parents' place ...
    It's a 20 min drive ...
    I have to bring them home once ...
    But our elevator is so small ...
    It's almost 10 years now ...

#1020 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

it makes me wanna puck.

Me too!

puck (resized).jpgpuck (resized).jpg

Puck-300 (resized).pngPuck-300 (resized).png

#1021 7 years ago

1024px-SharksWordLogo.svg (resized).png1024px-SharksWordLogo.svg (resized).png

#1022 7 years ago

I'm secretly hoping that stern DOES NOT build the next Elvira pinball. I surely won't spend US$ 10K on a ghosting pinball machine but it will be so hard to live with myself knowing that there's an Elvira pinball machine around that I don't own...

#1023 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm secretly hoping that stern DOES NOT build the next Elvira pinball. I surely won't spend US$ 10K on a ghosting pinball machine but it will be so hard to live with myself knowing that there's an Elvira pinball machine around that I don't own...

It'll be interesting if "I hope Stern makes this machine next" threads turn into tomorrow's "I hope Stern DOESN'T make this title so somebody else can" threads, makes sense

#1024 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

It'll be interesting if "I hope Stern makes this machine next" threads turn into tomorrow's "I hope Stern DOESN'T make this title so somebody else can" threads, makes sense

I certainly hope that with Star Wars....

Now that I have opined I must confess...

I try to steer my wife to liking certain games so its easier to justify buying them.

#1025 7 years ago

I pushed my wife to binge watch Game Of Thrones hoping that she'd like it so I can improve the chances of her being on board when I suggest we get a GOT Premium.

#1026 7 years ago

Playing in public can be difficult, due to my chronic case of Pinball Tourette's.

#1027 7 years ago

I'm finding the only good time for Tourette's is during a good pinball game. Pretty sure my son will only use F**king piece of sh*t crappy game anyway during a good game...

#1028 7 years ago

When I brought my last 3 pins home I didn't play any of them for 10 days!

#1029 7 years ago

what a great thread! I occasionally get frisky with the wife on top of our bad girls pin. I know, I know, just plain wrong on so many levels.

-J

#1030 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAlley:

what a great thread! I occasionally get frisky with the wife on top of our bad girls pin. I know, I know, just plain wrong on so many levels.
    -J

So you play your games one handed, got it. Thank god for the beer seal amirite?

#1031 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

I'm finding the only good time for Tourette's is during a good pinball game. Pretty sure my son will only use F**king piece of sh*t crappy game anyway during a good game...

So glad you posted this. I always love when I'm in the presence of a person that has the cursing version of Tourette's. If that's a disability, then I'm disabled, too...and I don't feel so lonely anymore.

#1032 7 years ago

I'll admit that I love all the people that spend thousands and thousands of dollars in the hobby when I can't.

#1033 7 years ago

My wife asked what I paid for my new pin. My answer was "less than the last one"... apparently that answer isn't a good one.... however though distraction, slight of hand and leaving the house the topic was closed...

#1034 7 years ago

I can't understand WTF Rudy is saying half of the time in Funhouse.

#1035 7 years ago

I find it unbelievable that people buy $180 led light kits. The markup has to be 150%.

#1036 7 years ago

I put boogers in Iron Man coin slots. . . every. . . friggin'. . . time.

#1037 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I also confess that it is fun to enter your initials on high scores on your friends pinball machines.

Especially when it's their favorite game, and/or you know nothing about the rules and it's the first time you've played it. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

#1038 7 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Playing in public can be difficult, due to my chronic case of Pinball Tourette's.

The term for that is "Josh Sharping"

#1039 7 years ago

Any pinball purchase only serves to fulfill the desires of your ego and self worth.

#1040 7 years ago

After owning both, I prefer SWEP1 to RFM.

#1041 7 years ago
    Quoted from cincyITguy:

After owning both, I prefer SWEP1 to RFM.

2 weeks later
    #1042 7 years ago

I really like MM, but the trolls almost make it unplayable for me.

#1043 7 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I really like MM, but the trolls almost make it unplayable for me.

I'm SO SICK of MM being the #1 ranked game...I hate knights and wizards and trolls and swords and round tables and incestuous princess and castles and blacksmiths...I just cant get into it no matter how hard I try!

BBB for #1 spot or CC for #1 spot (in my opinion) wheewww huge weight lifted lol..thank you father I will do 10 hail Mary's lol

#1044 7 years ago

I pulled all the GI LED from one of my EM and replaced them with incandescent and I think I like it better- but I need another beer to be certain.

In doing so I resurrected one of the kittens God killed when i put the LEDs in.

Win win and a good karma day for me.

#1045 7 years ago

Oh and one more.

My 7 yr old daughter and I played a single game of MM at a local arcade. She put up 15,000,000 and played castle multi ball madness for about 2-3 minutes and Merlin never shut up.... "Super jackpot" over and over.

I scored <1 mil on my game.

#1046 7 years ago

Every time i see the forum what did you bring home today...I'm thinking in my head....nothing ... absolutely nothing...

#1047 7 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

incestuous princess

Wut?

#1048 7 years ago

My confessional:

Whenever I see an old post with someone boasting that their new game is a keeper, I immediately check their current collection.

(and often find the game listed in the "previously owned" section.)

#1049 7 years ago

I'm pissed off I still don't own a Walking Dead. Every time I go to send the check for a NIB Pro I think about all the quality issues and I don't send it.

#1050 7 years ago

I am more interested in flashing lights and how the mechanical toys work than the rules. Rules are for at work or made by my wife. I want to just see cool shit when I play pinball.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/21?hl=slcpunk2113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.