Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,501 posts
  • 720 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg

There are 12,501 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 251.
    #10901 1 year ago

The whole machine makes me turgid, but yes, best topper i've ever seen.

Edit; the one that guy did for Alice Cooper was pretty cool too.

#10902 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The whole machine makes me turgid, but yes, best topper i've ever seen.
    Edit; the one that guy did for Alice Cooper was pretty cool too.

Confess, I had to look up the word turgid
    #ifeellesssmart

#10903 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

And it's CGC, so along with being top quality, they'll pull some more models out later with different trim. Won't be the last LE they do of it.

Downside is wait time. My friend has been on the CCR list for over a year with no game yet. Not sure if they're going to fulfill the CCR games before building and shipping PFs but i imagine a 6 month wait minimum

#10904 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Confess, I had to look up the word turgid
    #ifeellesssmart

Isn't it a cracker of a word?

One you only pull out in the right circumstances and context.
    But don't use so much to devalue it.

OneOfTheFewThingsIRememberFromSchoolPunkin

#10905 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Downside is wait time. My friend has been on the CCR list for over a year with no game yet. Not sure if they're going to fulfill the CCR games before building and shipping PFs but i imagine a 6 month wait minimum

My mate up the street Grant has been waiting for his CCle since day dot with no news of the aussie date yet.

Id still be in for Pulp if i could get on with my only distributor.

#10906 1 year ago

I confess... in a drunken moment last night, I hopped on Ebay, and bought a claw machine for $300... I have no clue where I'm going to put this thing, and my wife is pissed....

Screenshot_20230316_223007_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230316_223007_eBay (resized).jpg
    #10907 1 year ago
    Quoted from BallLocks:

I confess... in a drunken moment last night, I hopped on Ebay, and bought a claw machine for $300... I have no clue where I'm going to put this thing, and my wife is pissed....

Don't worry, for $300 it's probably about a foot tall.

#10908 1 year ago

More drunk buying decisions could inject some awesome into this thread.

#10909 1 year ago
    Quoted from BallLocks:

I confess... in a drunken moment last night, I hopped on Ebay, and bought a claw machine for $300... I have no clue where I'm going to put this thing, and my wife is pissed....[quoted image]

That's a monster!

#10910 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

More drunk buying decisions could inject some awesome into this thread.

Many years ago I was at a farm auction. Two guys went at it hot and heavy over a huge tractor. The winning bidder was gaining consciousness when it was time to pay.

A lot of money. And the light went on. He didn't even own a farm.

The crowd was laughing so hard they had to stop the auction until the crowd settled down.

LTG : )

#10911 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Many years ago I was at a farm auction. Two guys went at it hot and heavy over a huge tractor. The winning bidder was gaining consciousness when it was time to pay.
    A lot of money. And the light went on. He didn't even own a farm.
    The crowd was laughing so hard they had to stop the auction until the crowd settled down.

Watched an auctioneer at one of those sell a ball of fence posts and wire where someone had hooked a tractor on the end of a fence, pulled it all up and rolled it into a ball then stuck it in the corner of a paddock.

Was a bet that he couldn't sell it, but someone saw the value in the 10 bent star posts and gave him ten bucks for it.

He won a carton of beer.

#10912 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Watched an auctioneer at one of those sell a ball of fence posts and wire where someone had hooked a tractor on the end of a fence, pulled it all up and rolled it into a ball then stuck it in the corner of a paddock.
    Was a bet that he couldn't sell it, but someone saw the value in the 10 bent star posts and gave him ten bucks for it.
    He won a carton of beer.

Long ago I went to the post office auctions for many years. It was always fun looking through the garbage that the winning bidders left behind.

I still have a roll of heavy gauge copper wire that I still use from time to time, that roll would cost over 100 bucks now most likely.

A whole lot of romance novels on paperback was always left behind, and I could get 50 bucks quick on CL, and at worst 10 bucks from a place that buys books and stuff to recycle.

I always did just fine with the lots I wanted and won myself also.

#10913 1 year ago

Confess, I actually like the latest Nickleback single San Quinton

#10914 1 year ago

Becoming by Volbeat is my current favorite song. Have a hard time getting the chorus out of head

#10915 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Becoming by Volbeat is my current favorite song. Have a hard time getting the chorus out of head

Check out the new song by Extreme! Ripping solo at the end! Kicks nickleback in their velvet south!

#10916 1 year ago

Dirk has Stingray hits on in the background tonight.

Flowers by Miley Cyrus is the best music video out there

#10917 1 year ago

I can't remember the last time i ate a piece of toast, a serve of vegies or a bowl of rice. Eggs are also a thing of the past, no interest.

#10918 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Check out the new song by Extreme! Ripping solo at the end! Kicks nickleback in their velvet south!

That some nice guitar playin right there.

#10919 1 year ago

You know the saying, any pizza is good pizza?
    Well I found the exception. Frozen pizza

#10920 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You know the saying, any pizza is good pizza?
    Well I found the exception. Frozen pizza

What, many frozen are awesome. Just don't burn the shit out of it. I want to downvote your comment more than the Pulp Fiction guy, but won't.

#10921 1 year ago

Wait, you are in Canada and never had a frozen pizza?

#10922 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Wait, you are in Canada and never had a frozen pizza?

I always figured any pizza delivery would be frozen by the time it gets delivered there.

#10923 1 year ago

I forgot a word. Still frozen pizza. Found a few slices in the deep freeze and took a few bites before defrosting them. Not good.

Still frozen pizza is a no go.

#10924 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I always figured any pizza delivery would be frozen by the time it gets delivered there.

Haha. Good one

#10925 1 year ago

I'm sad to report that the last of three no parking signs is gone. Over the years snow plows got two of them. The one by my business all decrepit and bent, an eyesore in many pictures taken by visitors to my business, that had been here forever. Is gone. A car must have hit it Sunday morning.

ssb (resized).jpgssb (resized).jpg
    #10926 1 year ago

We’ll this just arrived today, picked it
    Up used on Amazon after all your suggestions a couple weeks back

8C206546-237B-462A-BFD0-35256B33498A (resized).jpeg8C206546-237B-462A-BFD0-35256B33498A (resized).jpeg
    #10927 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Up used on Amazon after all your suggestions a couple weeks back[quoted image]

If you like that and want to see the prequel

20230320_201200 (resized).jpg20230320_201200 (resized).jpg
    #10928 1 year ago

This ones a beauty.

One day, everyone in the world over 22 years old wakes to find a small wooden box with a length of string inside.

The strings are different lengths, and prove to represent the total length of your life.

What do you do if it's short?

What if it's long and you cannot die yet?

What if you just don't open the box? (me)

I dunno yet, just started it.

DSCF2164[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2164[1] (resized).jpg

#10929 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm sad to report

But great news for those who have been wanting to park closer

#10930 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

But great news for those who have been wanting to park closer

No, the curb is still painted yellow.

#10931 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm sad to report that the last of three no parking signs is gone. Over the years snow plows got two of them. The one by my business all decrepit and bent, an eyesore in many pictures taken by visitors to my business, that had been here forever. Is gone. A car must have hit it Sunday morning.
    [quoted image]

I'd love that pool shot neon. Wife said I need to find one for the open sign spot beside our table

#10932 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I forgot a word. Still frozen pizza. Found a few slices in the deep freeze and took a few bites before defrosting them. Not good.
    Still frozen pizza is a no go.

Ok, but almost everything frozen sucks unless ice for your drink or icecream.

#10933 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Lloyd, just seeing your business front makes me wish I was a lot closer.

#10934 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Ok, but almost everything frozen sucks unless ice for your drink or icecream.

Timed out thinking of a rebuttal. Well done.

#10935 1 year ago

You can add popsicle, icecream sandwich, Italian Ice, etc. Pizza frozen and eaten frozen; all I can say what are you thinking? Cold, leftover pizza is good though.

#10936 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'd love that pool shot neon. Wife said I need to find one for the open sign spot beside our table

Custom made by neon images quite a few years ago. https://www.neonimages.com/ Great guy.

This is the current picture. LED open sign is okay, I caught it while it was cycling the letters and hadn't got to the "N" yet.

Neon sign with the table and chairs and come in we are open is gone. As well as the jjp neon sign is gone.

DSC00799 (resized).JPGDSC00799 (resized).JPG
    #10937 1 year ago

Godfather?

#10938 1 year ago

Yes, with coming soon at the bottom. When it comes in I'll change it to Pulp Fiction.

#10939 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yes, with coming soon at the bottom. When it comes in I'll change it to Pulp Fiction.

Didn't think you'd buy a JJP is all.

#10940 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Didn't think you'd buy a JJP is all.

I didn't, in this case.

I traded my jjp Pirates LE for a Godfather Collector Edition.

My jjp pins except for Hobbit are open to sell or trade for games that I think might do me some good. I no longer have the full jjp line up, and don't need them for tech support or to open up and show off to help sell them.

Pirates wasn't cutting it, and I'll never get the ship in the bottle topper for it I was promised. And I believe GF CE will do better and give my arcade a new game. Both of which will be good for business.

I can't help what company made it. My business comes first.

#10941 1 year ago

I get ya buddy. I'm lucky that my business doesn't rely on pinball, so i can afford the judgement calls.

I'd definitely be in the same camp as you if it did though.

#10942 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

My jjp pins except for Hobbit are open to sell or trade for games that I think might do me some good.

Confess I have been wondering after you posted this, what is so special about Hobbit?

Makes more money and easier to maintain, or something else?

#10943 1 year ago

Confess The Walking Dead pro is still bolted to the floor, and now a Spider Man is also.

Confess most likely I will post the Oktoberfest in the marketplace here soon, because while I really like it, my girlfriend says it is too complicated for her, and she doesn't enjoy it.

Confess I am so very glad that my girlfriend likes games as much as I do, I am totally open to some selling and buying to keep her interested.

Dead Pool isn't bolted either, but in no hurry yet to sell, I want more plays on it, and she doesn't hesitate to play it.

Out of all the games I have ever sold, after I sold the Spider Man VE, she said she missed that game, and I did a little also, I just hated the callouts, they got on my nerves.

A while back I picked up a original, and she hates the callouts, and turns the volume down, and I turn the volume back up. When we had the VE, I was the one turning the volume down.

Yeah, I confess a lot of the time I try to have a lineup that my girlfriend likes, and she likes almost all pinball machines for a little while anyway.

Confess I am surprised that Godzilla and Medieval stay at the top of the top 100, because we got tired of those really fast.

Also confess that I am very glad that this hobby is doing very well, and it is very easy to sell a game, and get another game, and get to have plenty of variety, without breaking the bank, after the first couple of purchases.

I hope all of you are having a great week!

#10944 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess I have been wondering after you posted this, what is so special about Hobbit?

It is a game that people come in for just to play. They'll play other games, but Hobbit brings them in. Same with my Walking Dead and my original Medieval Madness.

I call it personality. If you had 5 Pac Man games in a row, most of the money will be in one. Might not play the best, look the best, but people like it.

And I'm fortunate to have three pins like that right now.

#10945 1 year ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Up used on Amazon after all your suggestions a couple weeks back[quoted image]

Let me know what you think of it -

#10946 1 year ago

Confess i can't stand cola. Been like it since i was a kid. Always had the Fanta yo-yo.

No preference for Coke, Pepsi or any other, they all suck.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10947 1 year ago

I confess...I am a lawn addict and pickup dog poo every day , even in a blizzard.

#10948 1 year ago

I confess again I was tossing and turning last night thinking about power equipment and my lawn. instead I dreamt about about a company takeover and I was fired!!

#10949 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I confess...I am a lawn addict and pickup dog poo every day , even in a blizzard.

Get your hockey stick and whack it into the yard 4 houses over.

#10950 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Get your hockey stick and whack it into the yard 4 houses over.

Made me think of one night growing up. After clubbing we ended up in a penthouse apartment in a 15 floor apartment building overlooking the city. Dude had a driving mat and a huge bag of golf balls. Spent the next hour seeing who could drive balls out into the neighborhood below furthest, Happy Gilmore style. Can only imagine the damage we caused

There are 12,501 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/219 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.