Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,560 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by brobra
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 252.
    #10551 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess i love the white trim on Whitewater.
    When i saw the pics online i thought 'oh well if i don't like it when it gets here i have a mate who is a powdercoater and i'll have it redone in blue.
    Once i saw it in person i know i would not change it, it's really nice. In your face, but nice.
    And the machine itself is so much better than i expected, it's like brand new.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nice game. But does the ball knock the glass when you hit insanity falls?

#10552 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Nice game. But does the ball knock the glass when you hit insanity falls?

Yes first time it happened was during a multi and i thought i'd got an extra ball...

#10553 1 year ago

I confess I plan to shovel taco bell tonite.

#10554 1 year ago

I sit here all day, day after day trying to think of something to eat that interests me in the slightest and fail.

There's good restaurants here, top quality seafood fresh off the boats or i can catch it myself.

I used to travel the world to enjoy food cultures, and learnt to cook better than all but one or two people i knew.
    Now i just eat processed food because i can't find any interest in anything. Have to eat something, haven't eaten for two days...chicken nuggets....

I couldn't imagine going to the trouble of leaving the house to eat taco's.

But i do hope you enjoy your dinner. Maybe my passion will come back one day, if i ever have housemates to cook for.

edit; Sorry for the downer, feeling sorry for myself too much lately.

#10555 1 year ago

Eggs on toast is my quick lazy go to or a couple packs of Mr noodles boiled up

#10556 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I sit here all day, day after day trying to think of something to eat that interests me in the slightest and fail.
    There's good restaurants here, top quality seafood fresh off the boats or i can catch it myself.
    I used to travel the world to enjoy food cultures, and learnt to cook better than all but one or two people i knew.
    Now i just eat processed food because i can't find any interest in anything. Have to eat something, haven't eaten for two days...chicken nuggets....
    I couldn't imagine going to the trouble of leaving the house to eat taco's.
    But i do hope you enjoy your dinner. Maybe my passion will come back one day, if i ever have housemates to cook for.
    edit; Sorry for the downer, feeling sorry for myself too much lately.

Sorry you're feeling down Punkin, I'd love to meet and have a beer and brownie with you one day if I'm ever on the other side of the world. I'm sure that goes for several of us.

TurnThatFrownUpsideDownPunkin

#10557 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Sorry you're feeling down Punkin, I'd love to meet and have a beer and brownie with you one day if I'm ever on the other side of the world. I'm sure that goes for several of us.
    TurnThatFrownUpsideDownPunkin

Cheers guy, got a few pm's too, but it's not that. Just the food thing.

#10558 1 year ago

I have the same problem with food. I eat to live I don’t live to eat.

#10559 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Cheers guy, got a few pm's too, but it's not that. Just the food thing.

Quoted from EJS:

I have the same problem with food. I eat to live I don’t live to eat.

I sometimes have fun cooking and barbecuing, but it never seems worth the effort. Shopping, preparing, cooking - it takes 10 minutes to eat and then you're done. I'm not a world class chef but it's certainly edible.....

I recently posted in another thread about how I hate going out to eat, spending 2+ hours at a restaurant. What a waste of time and money. My stomach doesn't know whether it's filet mignon or Fruit Loops. It's full either way. I wish we never had to eat.

#10560 1 year ago

Holy crap have times changed. I was arrested, strip searched and charged with possession of narcotics for a half gram of weed when I was 18

20230131_092514.jpg20230131_092514.jpg
    #10561 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Holy crap have times changed. I was arrested, strip searched and charged with possession of narcotics for a half gram of weed when I was 18
    [quoted image]

Almost happened in Norway aswell, a while back. But its coming sooner or later. Sweden? I doubt it.

#10562 1 year ago

Charged with possession and cultivation when i was 11.

#10563 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Charged with possession and cultivation when i was 11.

Reminds me of a funny story. When I was at Caltech, some guys in our “house” (really a dorm) grew marijuana on the roof. Well, I guess a police helicopter spotted them, and they send the cops to make an arrest. The cops showed up at the dean’s office and told him they intended to search the whole campus dorm system. As soon as the cops left his office, he called our house president to warn him. The plants were gone by the time they got to our house, and no arrests were made. However they did arrest 3 seniors in another house for making LSD in a lab.

Thought of another funny story. Someone sent in a subscription card to Playboy, under the name “Phuk Uded”. We got notices to pay, but the mags kept coming.

#10564 1 year ago

Was growing at the old lady across the streets place, told her they were tomatoes.

She spotted a pic in the Sunday paper and told my mum. She called the cops cause she was real worried about the high school i was about to attend and it's reputation for drugs.

She always said she regretted that after 6 trips to court needing days off work and trips on public transport and then the judge told her she should have dealt with it in the home.

BastardStillConvictedMeThoughPunkin

#10565 1 year ago

Takes a little work to prep everything but when you have a craving for vietnamese food and no restaurant within a 2 hr drive, homemade spring rolls for the win. Shrimp and pork. Still have some work making the correct dipping fish sauce. Wrapped them in a iceberg lettuce leaf. Fuk were they good.

20230201_120831.jpg20230201_120831.jpg
    #10566 1 year ago

Spring rolls are a quick and easy way to use up left over roast meat too. Don't worry too much about authenticity, just flavour.

Asian dipping sauce is an act about balance. Thai is the one to go to to learn as it's pretty simple, but they all are.

The balance is the revelation, and once you get it, it will improve all your cooking.

You are initially trying to balance salty and sweet (palm sugar and soy sauce), then you add chilli and balance the heat with the salt and sweet, then you add an acid (vinegar or citric juice or both) and balance that with the other elements.

The umami, or savoury element comes last. Ginger, garlic, spring onion etc.

Never measure, just start adding in that order, dip a finger and taste, dip and taste.

They look great btw.

They say apprentice cooks spend time doing eggs. If i was teaching someone about cooking, Asian dipping sauces would be where i start a second year apprentice.

#10567 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Spring rolls are a quick and easy way to use up left over roast meat too. Don't worry too much about authenticity, just flavour.
    Asian dipping sauce is an act about balance. Thai is the one to go to to learn as it's pretty simple, but they all are.
    The balance is the revelation, and once you get it, it will improve all your cooking.
    You are initially trying to balance salty and sweet (palm sugar and soy sauce), then you add chilli and balance the heat with the salt and sweet, then you add an acid (vinegar or citric juice or both) and balance that with the other elements.
    The umami, or savoury element comes last. Ginger, garlic, spring onion etc.
    Never measure, just start adding in that order, dip a finger and taste, dip and taste.
    They look great btw.
    They say apprentice cooks spend time doing eggs. If i was teaching someone about cooking, Asian dipping sauces would be where i start a second year apprentice.

Tasting and tweaking FTW. Totally agree, recipes are a good starting point but the next level happens when you go off script.

Sidebar - I just ordered a Scooby CE (my 2nd ever NIB and GZ’s partner in my 2 pin lineup now) and got a number lower than a lot who ordered much sooner. I confess I tried to feel guilty but couldn’t bust through the excitement to tap that emotion.

#10568 1 year ago

Yeah, recipes are for bakers.

For cooking all you need is a list of probable ingredients, experience, imagination and, as i said, an appreciation of balance.

#10569 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

Tasting and tweaking FTW. Totally agree, recipes are a good starting point but the next level happens when you go off script.
    Sidebar - I just ordered a Scooby CE (my 2nd ever NIB and GZ’s partner in my 2 pin lineup now) and got a number lower than a lot who ordered much sooner. I confess I tried to feel guilty but couldn’t bust through the excitement to tap that emotion.

Ooh. I'd love try a scooby. Our friends own a bnb just north of Kelowna and have been dying for a visit. Unfortunately they were in Paris when we were thru in October (business is good). Don't be surprised to see a pm in May from me for a visit. Lol

#10570 1 year ago

Confess, I have fun hitting the animals on golden tee. Also love trying to hit pools in backyards and bouncing balls off of home roofs.

I just found a alien in the woods. I've seen guys taking a piss against a tree. Still no couple having sex. Would be great if the wildlife attacked the golfers if you hit it in the trees

20230202_134118.jpg20230202_134118.jpg20230202_134422.jpg20230202_134422.jpg
    #10571 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Confess, I have fun hitting the animals on golden tee. Also love trying to hit pools in backyards and bouncing balls off of home roofs.
    I just found a alien in the woods. I've seen guys taking a piss against a tree. Still no couple having sex. Would be great if the wildlife attacked the golfers if you hit it in the trees
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Confess after playing Big Buck Hunter, and then playing Golden Tee, when I see animals I immediately start looking for a gun.

#10572 1 year ago

Told a mate i'd show him how to do his 4 small Large Black pigs this morning.

Bit nervous as i am rusty at the whole turn animal into chops thing, plus i've always had a butcher or slaughterman around to do the gutting thing. Only bit i haven't done, and it's important.

I know how to do it, have watched it quite a few times, but not done it myself, and slitting the innards is a no-no.

I'll take some pics if i remember.

#10573 1 year ago

I confess I should be looking at something other than Pinside right now

2CF3C567-7F2D-4268-9324-8E83A3FC0A79 (resized).jpeg2CF3C567-7F2D-4268-9324-8E83A3FC0A79 (resized).jpeg
    #10574 1 year ago

Just had a call, pig slaughter may be off for a day or two....

34C (95f) predicted at 11am. We aren't allowed to start till the kids go to school at 9.

#10575 1 year ago

This sounds like a pun, but it’s a real thing

17E3DE0D-EA1C-43C7-A32E-18FBF16FE956 (resized).jpeg17E3DE0D-EA1C-43C7-A32E-18FBF16FE956 (resized).jpeg
    #10576 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Confess after playing Big Buck Hunter, and then playing Golden Tee, when I see animals I immediately start looking for a gun.

Why hasn’t someone combined these two yet? Two player game. One person golfs while the other sweeps the fairway.

#10577 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I confess I should be looking at something other than Pinside right now
    [quoted image]

Boobs alert to the left!

#10578 1 year ago

That guy is living the dream

#10579 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Boobs alert to the left!

I was trying to figure that one out. Either he’s got money, or her personality is so repulsive that he’s the only one puts up with her, but it definitely seemed like he was punching above his sizable weight. There’s been a few of those here at this resort.

#10580 1 year ago

Porkers got a reprieve, it's hot tub and beer fridge for me again today. Sheds hot already and it's not noon yet.

#10581 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I was trying to figure that one out. Either he’s got money, or her personality is so repulsive that he’s the only one puts up with her, but it definitely seemed like he was punching above his sizable weight. There’s been a few of those here at this resort.

Kinda looks like Frank from American pickers, you never know

#10582 1 year ago

I guy i know showed me a picture of a deer head and shoulders he bought second hand off his mate and gave to his new wife for their first anniversary today.

#10583 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I guy i know showed me a picture of a deer head and shoulders he bought second hand off his mate and gave to his new wife for their first anniversary today.

If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

LTG : )

#10584 1 year ago

I bet it was a nice rack

#10585 1 year ago

Confess that I’ve been doing some pinball website archeology, finding sites that look like they were abandoned in 2004 but are somehow still online. My favorite so far is www.zpinaddict.com, because of this awesome game:

http://www.zpinaddict.com/pboobhtm/tnamain.htm

I got Cheetah and Mata Hari, but some of these are hard!

(P.S. I really do love finding sites like these. It’s like finding a shoebox full of pictures in your attic you forgot you had.)

#10586 1 year ago

Confess to being gobsmacked at the incredible level of service from Randy at ColorDMD. I here a lot of companies boasting about their level of customer service, and they are so often a let down, but there are a few that absolutely astound me with their helpfulness.

I have a Stern ColorDMD kit here i bought a while back with the intention of finding a Ripleys. never got round to it and want to put it in my Williams Whitewater.

Emailed Randy and he found a way to ship the $20 cable kit to me that went around the full shipping option and got the small kit to me here in Australia for a reasonable price, if a long wait.

5 or 6 emails for a $20 part, have to say that i should learn a little for my business.

Thanks Randy, and thanks ColorDMD for a top product and absolutely impeccable service.

#10587 1 year ago

I confess. I drank all my allocated beer for the weekend already. Hail Mary pass!

EC95E8C1-8BC1-4BC9-8B6D-314B6E34F0AC (resized).jpegEC95E8C1-8BC1-4BC9-8B6D-314B6E34F0AC (resized).jpeg
    #10588 1 year ago

Wife’s in the end zone. Winter storm outside, will she catch my pass? Hope so

#10589 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Wife’s in the end zone. Winter storm outside, will she catch my pass? Hope so

God speed

#10590 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Winter storm outside

So like, you mean it's snowing ?

#10591 1 year ago

I'm having nightmares now about running out of beer.

DSCF1974[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1974[1] (resized).jpg

#10592 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm having nightmares now about running out of beer.
    [quoted image]

I have 5.5 gallons I can have carbonated and in a keg in 6 hours if push comes to shove.

B7B394AA-EA07-49AB-B6B5-86D34F2B990F (resized).jpegB7B394AA-EA07-49AB-B6B5-86D34F2B990F (resized).jpeg
    #10593 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I have 5.5 gallons I can have carbonated and in a keg in 6 hours if push comes to shove.[quoted image]

I do miss the days when i drank better beer.

kegfridge12 (resized).jpgkegfridge12 (resized).jpg

bar4 (resized).jpgbar4 (resized).jpg

#10594 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I do miss the days when i drank better beer.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I’m brewing more recently. A friend of mine is learning, and all the questions and requests for advice have gotten me back into it, at least until I find another pin to restore.

#10595 1 year ago

Fumble in the end zone resulted in a pick 6! Darn!

#10596 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Fumble in the end zone resulted in a pick 6! Darn!

That sucks.

#10597 1 year ago

He shoots, he scores...

From downtown...

Put it on the board, yes!...

He could go all the way...

#10598 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

He shoots, he scores...
    From downtown...
    Put it on the board, yes!...
    He could go all the way...

He’s on fire!

We’re doing NBA Jams call outs now, right?

#10599 1 year ago

Hockey
    Basketball
    Baseball
    Football

#10600 1 year ago

You're looking live...

There are 12,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/212?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.