Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,501 posts
  • 720 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    istockphoto-1179823122-612x612 (resized).jpg
    beijing-lamb-chuan-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184633712[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240104_184617341[1] (resized).jpg
    0A18CD89-6539-4786-AA30-EAEBB03F87E5 (resized).jpeg
    R0010223 (resized).jpg
    upPL5r70b2agIXq8PVOUcC8sZxFswrJqNjYB2jYzALE (resized).jpg

There are 12,501 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 251.
    #10501 1 year ago

I get drunk too fast on a empty stomach. I like to ease in to my buzz.

Also my wife tells me I'm moody and bitchy if I don't have something to eat by 1pm. Hangary?

#10502 1 year ago
    6E95E145-42F8-4798-B470-CE44D0FB61AA (resized).jpeg6E95E145-42F8-4798-B470-CE44D0FB61AA (resized).jpeg
    #10503 1 year ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

[quoted image]

Diabetes.

#10504 1 year ago

Can't eat nuts

#10505 1 year ago

Confess I think it's finally time to get some drums. Had some bad news from doc today and she said.

1. Eat healthier
    2. Exercise
    3. Limit alcohol

1 and 3 are out so I might as well bang out my aggression and shed a few pounds along the way

#10506 1 year ago

The older I get, the better I was.

#10507 1 year ago

I cannot also. Confess I miss peanut M&M's, and almonds, and cashews, and all of that great stuff.

#10508 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Confess I think it's finally time to get some drums. Had some bad news from doc today and she said.
    1. Eat healthier
    2. Exercise
    3. Limit alcohol
    1 and 3 are out so I might as well bang out my aggression and shed a few pounds along the way

Yeah, the main reason I never go to a doc unless I am very sick and just have to go.

At least docs are cheaper than dentists. Confess I hate dental prices.

#10509 1 year ago

I confess I showed up at work with my backup glasses with a missing arm because I Iost my main pair. I got chirped all day.

#10510 1 year ago

Used to be a guy at work who had work teeth and going out teeth.

#10511 1 year ago

Thats classic LOL

#10512 1 year ago

My wife is mad because she dug into my plate of shrimp Pad Kee Mao and I didn’t warn her it was spicy. The harder I laughed the madder she got. Lesson learned.

#10513 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

My wife is mad because she dug into my plate of shrimp Pad Kee Mao and I didn’t warn her it was spicy. The harder I laughed the madder she got. Lesson learned.

My wife is mad at me also but I don't know why. Fukn menopause

#10514 1 year ago

Confess when I have the TV on I usually put the music video channels on. Stingray Loud is my go to. I just watched a hr of Billy Talent videos. I had a blast air drumming along to one of Canada's best bands.

#10515 1 year ago

My friend just offered me a seat to Nickelback in Edmonton. I personally think they're one of the cheesy bands out there but confess there's 1 or 2 killer rocking songs they have. Should I commit 2 days of my time to see nickelback? Bonus I get to see my bro who I haven't seen in 3 years

#10516 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

My friend just offered me a seat to Nickelback in Edmonton. I personally think they're one of the cheesy bands out there but confess there's 1 or 2 killer rocking songs they have. Should I commit 2 days of my time to see nickelback? Bonus I get to see my bro who I haven't seen in 3 years

I think if it is a close friend, regardless of what you are doing, it’s time we’ll spent. Adventures with old friends are just good for the soul

#10517 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'd go just to hang with bro. But concert is bonus

#10518 1 year ago

Take some zoomers or strong edibles and guarenteed to have a good time! Even at a nickleback show. Did that exact same thing years ago! They have huge pyro flames and a full on light show

#10519 1 year ago

Confess i'm starting to feel my age (will be 59 in June).

I've always been healthy, still am (fingers crossed), but in the past 3 or 4 years I feel like I've aged 10. Things I've been able to do in the past (move games myself, etc) I either flat out can't do, or am so sore the next day i wish I hadn't tried. My weight has stayed roughly 185lbs (i'm 6', so about average) but my muscle tone is gone, pants fit tighter, face looks like a chipmunk eating nuts, hardly any energy - on top of that, divorce will be final in March so dealing with that mentally. Picked up a weight bench and exercise bike off Craigslist a while back but they've sat.

HOWEVER - confession #2 - this morning I was awake an hour before the alarm went off, which isn't uncommon, but today rather than laying there looking at the ceiling or thinking about how crappy i feel, I got up, popped in the earbuds and some heavy metal, did about 15min on the exercise bike then some stretches, push ups, threw some 15lb weights around, and generally just tried to get my heart pumping a little. I expect to be very sore tomorrow....but i'm gonna see how long i can keep it going.

#10520 1 year ago

Confess I thought of Punkin when I saw this on Reddit…

6176954E-CB59-4539-B6A2-083A5CF6866F (resized).jpeg6176954E-CB59-4539-B6A2-083A5CF6866F (resized).jpeg
    #10521 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Confess i'm starting to feel my age (will be 59 in June).
    I've always been healthy, still am (fingers crossed), but in the past 3 or 4 years I feel like I've aged 10. Things I've been able to do in the past (move games myself, etc) I either flat out can't do, or am so sore the next day i wish I hadn't tried. My weight has stayed roughly 185lbs (i'm 6', so about average) but my muscle tone is gone, pants fit tighter, face looks like a chipmunk eating nuts, hardly any energy - on top of that, divorce will be final in March so dealing with that mentally. Picked up a weight bench and exercise bike off Craigslist a while back but they've sat.
    HOWEVER - confession #2 - this morning I was awake an hour before the alarm went off, which isn't uncommon, but today rather than laying there looking at the ceiling or thinking about how crappy i feel, I got up, popped in the earbuds and some heavy metal, did about 15min on the exercise bike then some stretches, push ups, threw some 15lb weights around, and generally just tried to get my heart pumping a little. I expect to be very sore tomorrow....but i'm gonna see how long i can keep it going.

Walking places is the best exercise there is. Other than that, do things that are fun. Punching a heavy bag is something that will make you fell better and is fun, as is a tennis ball on a string, focus balls. Not the ones that go round your head, these. Just hang one from a ceiling or the pergola. Once you get good, hang two together. Gets you ducking and jabbing, moves your core, shoulders, arms and lungs.

Capturenal (resized).PNGCapturenal (resized).PNG

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/275422079432?chn=ps&_ul=AU&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1Jw3YfuvkS2Ote0Ut7oaXTQ89&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-139619-5960-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=275422079432&targetid=&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9072280&poi=&campaignid=15984321586&mkgroupid=&rlsatarget=&abcId=9300814&merchantid=119028848&gclid=Cj0KCQiAic6eBhCoARIsANlox87hLJdaV0EtVonyQrqzjkGTcPtTBOZNfMvTkNYxt6YqXFxr1VyWR5MaAr3kEALw_wcB

#10522 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Walking places is the best exercise there is.

I just got a 25-pound kettlebell. There’s so much you can do with it, including just walking around carrying it.

#10523 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I just got a 25-pound kettlebell. There’s so much you can do with it, including just walking around carrying it.

Yessir. i have leather medicine balls here in 3 and 5 kilo. My little mate used the 3 and i the 5.

When i was training, we'd stand against a wall and swing the ball to one side low round the hips, then the other. 30 reps
    Then one over each shoulder to hit the wall next to your ear, 30 reps.
    One above your head with both arms 30 reps and one between your legs, both arms 30 reps.

good 20 min stretch and warm up and SOOOO good for your core.

I should start doing that one again, easy, no equipment etc.

I'm still the same weight i was then, but it's moved from my arms, chest and shoulders to my gut and my hips.

Exercise where you are building muscle should be fun, you should feel better when you are finished, not exhausted, it should have a day or two between sessions and it should be a routine on certain days at certain times of the day.
    Then it doesn't matter if you feel like it, do a nike and just do it.

#10524 1 year ago

Fucking time is going backwards again. Fuck the solstice.

i open the shed door here when the sun starts coming up. A month ago it was 5.30, now it's already 5.45.

#10525 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Fucking time is going backwards again. Fuck the solstice.
    i open the shed door here when the sun starts coming up. A month ago it was 5.30, now it's already 5.45.

Yep, it's staying light out til around 5:45pm here now, and I notice it's just starting to get light at 7am too. We'll be cutting grass again before you know it.

"HereComesTheSunPunkin"

#10526 1 year ago

Was just thinking if i followed my own advice rather than starting back up with drunk situps, I'd be two liters of blood richer.

Quoted from pinzrfun:

Yep, it's staying light out til around 5:45pm here now, and I notice it's just starting to get light at 7am too. We'll be cutting grass again before you know it.
    "HereComesTheSunPunkin"

Ahhh, so it's you bastards stealing our good aussie time!

They'llTakeAnythingIfyou'reNotLookingPunkin

#10527 1 year ago

Daylight seems to be a custody agreement. We get it mar-oct

#10528 1 year ago

I didn't sign up for it.

#10529 1 year ago

It’s actually nice to be outside at 5pm now and not need a caveman lamp

#10530 1 year ago

New pin day today.

Two in, two out.

Today Whitewater comes.

Today or soon, Taxi and spy Hunter go and my second Alien comes after that. LV this time, i'll sell my standard version.

Such a good game.

#10531 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

Daylight seems to be a custody agreement. We get it mar-oct

That's funny. I'm very happy the sun is coming back. Can't wait to the 2nd Sunday of March where we'll get an extra hour of evening light.

#10532 1 year ago

In Central NC where I am the rain hasn't stopped enough to dry out, for Weeks!
    My yard has had dozens of Service trucks in and out, the regular family traffic as well as Amazon and UPS trucks.
    Its a mudhole. A mudslick torn up mess.
    The ditches are small creeks. Not including dog manure piles that haven't been shoveled out since the mud is so bad.
    Been remodeling and the rear deck has extensive mud-boot tracks going in the house.
    No sink to wash dishes so using the tub.
    Small gas camp stove to cook on. 3 Grandkids to feed.
    Did I mention the mud?

#10533 1 year ago

The song ‘love shack’ by the b-52’s, has that weird pause near the end..I never knew what she was saying..apparently it’s ‘tin roof..rusted. I just read their description, and it’s just weird to dance to during that moment..and I haven’t danced for years. And yes, some alcohol was definitely involved

#10534 1 year ago

I'm stoked for scooby doo. I'm buying it for my wife and daughter, but after the play stream tonight I'm excited to give it a rip

#10535 1 year ago

I'm hoping the latest trade offer for my JP pro happens. Nothing better then a 2 for 1 deal

#10536 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've been using a milk crate for a washing basket for 5 years.

I use a garbage bag. I could see where that wouldn't work if I did work where I got dirty. The only filth in my occupation is my vocabulary. And some of the people I have to deal with.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I get drunk too fast on a empty stomach. I like to ease in to my buzz.

You ain't the only one. We had our company holiday party last Friday and one of my sales managers twisted my arm into grabbing a beer before they put the food out. I was reminded that I become a moody asshole about halfway into a Miller Lite on an empty stomach, thankfully before anyone else noticed.

I'm usually good to go with store brand items instead of name brands. On many items I actually prefer them. I have a few exceptions and shaving cream is one of them. Store brand shaving cream is like trying to shave with a rusty fender from a Crown Victoria. Dish soap, laundry detergent, fabric softener and lighters are the other main ones.

#10537 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

That's funny. I'm very happy the sun is coming back. Can't wait to the 2nd Sunday of March where we'll get an extra hour of evening light.

i dont mind it being dark early, then i dont feel guilty for doing nothing but goofing off and watching tv after work.

I also greatly enjoy the fact that there's zero yard work unless it snows. As soon as it warms up it's nonstop work.

#10538 1 year ago

Confess i love the white trim on Whitewater.

When i saw the pics online i thought 'oh well if i don't like it when it gets here i have a mate who is a powdercoater and i'll have it redone in blue.

Once i saw it in person i know i would not change it, it's really nice. In your face, but nice.

And the machine itself is so much better than i expected, it's like brand new.

ww1 (resized).jpgww1 (resized).jpg

ww2 (resized).jpgww2 (resized).jpg

#10539 1 year ago

Nice little 8 min video of the anatomy of snakes. Animated and interesting time filler.

#10540 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

When i saw the pics online i thought 'oh well if i don't like it when it gets here i have a mate who is a powdercoater and i'll have it redone in blue.
    Once i saw it in person i know i would not change it, it's really nice. In your face, but nice.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nice looking game, hope that credit dot is nothing bad.

#10541 1 year ago

Never paid attention to one yet. My tech mate will be here today most probs for comp, i'll ask him to have a look. Probs an inactive switch or somesuch.

#10543 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

i dont mind it being dark early, then i dont feel guilty for doing nothing but goofing off and watching tv after work.
    I also greatly enjoy the fact that there's zero yard work unless it snows. As soon as it warms up it's nonstop work.

I spend more time on the patio when it's light longer and bit nicer out, which I love. Otherwise, I'm on the couch too much.

#10544 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I do it old school. It’s how my dad taught me, his dad taught him, etc. Plus it’s way cheaper with a better shave!
    [quoted image]

I use a similar setup. I got into using DE razors after buying one on a whim at a local thrift store about 15 yrs ago. I soon began collecting antique double edge and single edge razors and had over 50 at one time.

I've sold most of them in the last few years and now have a few different classic style razors that I rotate between. Much like pinball, there is an avid group of collectors and enthusiasts and the price of old antique razors has skyrocketed. Razors that I bought for a few dollars 10-15 yrs ago have sold for $50-100 in the last few yrs.

20230129_081934.jpg20230129_081934.jpg

#10545 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nice looking game but about the white, 2 suggestions - do the ENTIRE coin door white, not just the coin slots, and same for the backbox, do the vertical sides white too, looks odd with just the top being white....

ButILikeItPunkin

#10546 1 year ago

You have a really nice setup! I think COVID woke people up to the fact that there is more to life than going to work and coming home (I am one of them). I started back with them because I get really bad razor burn with multi blade razors, not with these and it only takes a few extra minutes to have a proper shave.

Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I use a similar setup. I got into using DE razors after buying one on a whim at a local thrift store about 15 yrs ago. I soon began collecting antique double edge and single edge razors and had over 50 at one time.
    I've sold most of them in the last few years and now have a few different classic style razors that I rotate between. Much like pinball, there is an avid group of collectors and enthusiasts and the price of old antique razors has skyrocketed. Razors that I bought for a few dollars 10-15 yrs ago have sold for $50-100 in the last few yrs.
    [quoted image]

#10547 1 year ago

Absolute Pinball in Saskatoon does restorations. A few years ago I saw a wh20 completely whited out he did for a customer. He did every wireform and guide. Basically anything that could get powder coat, did. It was little overkill.

#10548 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Nice looking game but about the white, 2 suggestions - do the ENTIRE coin door white, not just the coin slots, and same for the backbox, do the vertical sides white too, looks odd with just the top being white....
    ButILikeItPunkin

Thanks but i kinda like it as is and see the reasons why he did what he did. Not a fan of themed coin doors and the little highlight is ok.

I'm with Dirk in this.

Besides, i'm a bloke. I won't see it after a week.

#10549 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

there is more to life than going to work and coming home

I’m trying to do better at working less

#10550 1 year ago

When I watch 'Bonanza', I love.'Adam' episodes!

There are 12,501 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/211?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.