Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,562 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 252.
    #10451 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess i almost lost my shit last night - went to dinner at a new place and while looking for the bathroom, turn the corner and there's a game room w 4 pins and a pool table. So after we eat, I get some singles and head down to play some pinball w the gf. Five minutes later, this woman brings her 2 screaming kids in there, puts some money in the pool table and leaves them. They start slamming the balls around, screaming, and 60 seconds later when the balls are gone just use the pool table as a jungle gym. Mom eventually returned but was too busy on her phone to tell them to get the hell off it.
    We cut our night short to escape the shrieking.
    [quoted image]

When I was young and my Mom took my brother and me out and we started acting up, all she had to say to us was, "wait till I get you home". We were angels after hearing that.

#10452 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I love dogs, I have 2. I really don’t care if you bring your dog in most places, however I can’t stand when people bring them into grocery stores. I have enough dog hair in my food I really don’t want your dog hair in it as well.
    On a separate note trying to learn the guitar. I tried to do some riffs, didn’t realize how slow my fingers are trying to move from one position to another. I never understood the reason guitar players made those faces…. Now I get it… I’m hoping there won’t be a guitar shaped hole in my wall!

Good luck with the guitar, great hobby, just gotta practice!

#10453 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Get better friends.

That’s the daily struggle, I need to go out and try to be sociable. Relocated here about 5 years ago. Covid lock downs turned me into a bit of a shut in. All my good friends are still 1000 miles away.

#10454 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

That’s the daily struggle, I need to go out and try to be sociable. Relocated here about 5 years ago. Covid lock downs turned me into a bit of a shut in. All my good friends are still 1000 miles away.

Are there any pinball tournaments going on locally? Perfect place for meeting like minded and have a few beers.

#10455 1 year ago

I took up lawn bowls and got 40 new friends overnight. Plus it's a fucking great game!

#10456 1 year ago

I went to buy shaving cream yesterday, only to find that it no longer exists at my supermarket.

Confess i missed the move from shaving cream to shaving gel.

I know a can lasts a long time, but ffs.

#10457 1 year ago

I do it old school. It’s how my dad taught me, his dad taught him, etc. Plus it’s way cheaper with a better shave!

Quoted from punkin:

I went to buy shaving cream yesterday, only to find that it no longer exists at my supermarket.
    Confess i missed the move from shaving cream to shaving gel.
    I know a can lasts a long time, but ffs.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #10458 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm pretty anti social and despise small talk. I'm rarely chatty unless in a crowd with people i know. Also I've always been more comfortable around women. I'm much more likely to approach a group of women and join the conversation then a group of guys. Meeting new people sounds torturous.
    Probably the reason I don't have many friends

We sound alike.

#10459 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Could be worse. She could take you purse shopping. Purse shopping with my wife is my own personal 7th ring of hell. That level of indecision is like a 1000 needles in my brain.

What she needs you there for? Just give her the credit card.

#10460 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:I was sitting here yesterday on the brownies and thinking what an enjoyable stalemate i have created for myself.
    Everyday pretty much the same, cruising.
    But i am not getting anything done, and i have too much i can do, but no motivation to do anything.
    My confession is that i wish our society had a strong matchmaker tradition like the Asian and European countries. A local person, who knew all the local people in our little town, who could take what is a complicated need and translate it into an introduction.
    I don't want a sexual relationship, don't need a dependent. Just need a laid back partner, with their own life, but with time to share mine too.

Are you taking applications? I could move to Australia.

#10461 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I do it old school. It’s how my dad taught me, his dad taught him, etc. Plus it’s way cheaper with a better shave!
    [quoted image]

Yeah while never having used a straight razor, i do have a $60 boar bristle brush.

Just don't use it since i moved here.
    I even bought an electric 2 years ago, first i've owned and I use it occasionally for a quick, dirty shave.

#10462 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

A hardware store is one thing, I've been to mom/pop hardware stores and auto shops that have dogs/cats -
    Menards is like Home Depot or Lowes, a large department store type place - you dont need to bring a dog or cat in there.

I don't mind people bringing dogs in the big box home improvement stores as long as it's an appropriate dog. Last time this dude had a German shepherd with the leash wrapped around his waste. He had no real control and that dog would go up to people and one lady had to snatch her dog out the way. People just need to have a brain.

#10463 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Can't she drive?

She did because I eased the pain before I would go.
    Did score these cool kicks though

20230121_121002 (resized).jpg20230121_121002 (resized).jpg20230121_121112 (resized).jpg20230121_121112 (resized).jpg20230121_170729 (resized).jpg20230121_170729 (resized).jpg
    #10464 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I don't mind people bringing dogs in the big box home improvement stores as long as it's an appropriate dog. Last time this dude had a German shepherd with the leash wrapped around his waste. He had no real control and that dog would go up to people and one lady had to snatch her dog out the way. People just need to have a brain.

Exactly. I don’t mind dogs. Bad owners are the ones that suck

#10465 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

She did because I eased the pain before I would go.
    Did score these cool kicks though[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, it's how i like to roll too.

Comp day here today, but these are my daily runners.

DSCF1882[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1882[1] (resized).jpg

#10466 1 year ago

Bit of good ol US country.

#10467 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Confess I tried this for a year, seemed like a little too much work for not much benefit. Still have all the stuff though, just in case I want to try it again.
    I use a gel now and like it, but made a mistake last time I needed a refile and thought I would save some $$ getting the Walmart equate brand instead of a name brand gel (two pack no less). This stuff sucks, noticeable different than the name brands. I refuse to throw away it away though, but I am almost done with the second can, then back to something good...

walmart (resized).jpgwalmart (resized).jpg
    #10468 1 year ago

I rarely shave clean but this stuff seems to work pretty good. When I bick my head it's smooth with no burn

20230121_192735.jpg20230121_192735.jpg
    #10469 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I rarely shave clean but this stuff seems to work pretty good. When I bick my head it's smooth with no burn
    [quoted image]

I normally just use water but now I’m paying the price. Might check that one out.

#10470 1 year ago

On the topic of animals...the hardware store that I work in allows dogs if they're well behaved. Luckily the worst I've seen in my time there are some really yappy little dogs, and every now and then you get a dog peeing on the floor as well (my queue to go on break).

We also have two cats at the hardware store, Midnight and Petey, and they stay in their enclosure in the break room during store hours, but get free roam of the store during the night to kill the rats.

I confess I generally don't really like small dogs, mainly because the majority of them yap a lot. And I detest yapping dogs. For me it's worse than hearing a normal bark. However, I have also met some small dogs that I really do like, because they don't yap.

I used to have a friend who had a little white poodle, and she was the most detestable little shit. She yapped like crazy, was treated like a queen, and would occasionally bite me when she felt like it. My friends mom really liked that dog, for what reason I can't imagine, and I think she was more or less the only one that did.

#10471 1 year ago

Maybe the dog was too much like the mom.

#10472 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

[quoted image]

Same here - safety razor though, never tried a straight rszor, but I get 100 Shark blades for $6.99, can't bitch about that. I probably have half a dozen different soaps/creams depending on how I wanna smell that day. Latest favorite is tobacco.

#10473 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Nice, it's how i like to roll too.
    Comp day here today, but these are my daily runners.
    [quoted image]

Always on the same page Punkin! Why did sweets (your snake) bite you?

#10474 1 year ago

I’ll have to check out the tobacco! I order from a few places online for different things. Sweyn forkbeard is really my favorite for soap and they send a few tester soaps with each order!

Quoted from pinzrfun:

Same here - safety razor though, never tried a straight rszor, but I get 100 Shark blades for $6.99, can't bitch about that. I probably have half a dozen different soaps/creams depending on how I wanna smell that day. Latest favorite is tobacco.

#10475 1 year ago

Z

#10476 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Always on the same page Punkin! Why did sweets (your snake) bite you?

His name is snake as he was the first one i got and didn't need to tell him apart. Sides, don't matter what you call em, they won't come.

The strike was a reaction to being startled. They don't have eyelids, so unless they have their head stuck under their arse (they sometimes do), you can't tell if they are asleep or off daydreaming when you go to pick them up.

That and the 24hrs after feeding are the times that you can be struck.

I could (and should) avoid it by using a hook to rub their back to let them know i'm there before picking them up. They never strike after being out for a few seconds.

#10477 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

His name is snake as he was the first one i got and didn't need to tell him apart. Sides, don't matter what you call em, they won't come.
    The strike was a reaction to being startled. They don't have eyelids, so unless they have their head stuck under their arse (they sometimes do), you can't tell if they are asleep or off daydreaming when you go to pick them up.
    That and the 24hrs after feeding are the times that you can be struck.
    I could (and should) avoid it by using a hook to rub their back to let them know i'm there before picking them up. They never strike after being out for a few seconds.

I confess I have probably been bit more by dogs than you have by snakes. And the funny thing is just like you are saying snakes bite if you wake them up, most of the dog bites I ever had were from waking them up also.

#10478 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I confess I have probably been bit more by dogs than you have by snakes. And the funny thing is just like you are saying snakes bite if you wake them up, most of the dog bites I ever had were from waking them up also.

I’ve only been bit once and walked by a dog on the sofa.

Now I’ve had dog teeth sunken into me countless times while playing with them but it never hurts.

#10479 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

I’ll have to check out the tobacco! I order from a few places online for different things. Sweyn forkbeard is really my favorite for soap and they send a few tester soaps with each order!

Mostly I order from a place about an hour from my house now, I'll go there once a year or so and grab a few different things. It's nice being able to smell them before you buy. They make brushes and blades and refurbish old razors and straight razors. Friendly people, good prices. One day I'll have to get an actual shave there, never done that before. I can remember going to the barber shop w my dad and him getting a shave, the barber sharpening the blade on the leather strap.

www.maggardrazors.com

#10480 1 year ago

I have a myxoid cyst on my flipper finger, which is basically a painful blister made of joint fluid. Once a month, I have to stab it with a sterilized needle to drain it (I’m not paying someone $50 to do the same thing). Confess that I have to keep looking for new needle sites, like a heroin addict.

#10481 1 year ago

I've been using a milk crate for a washing basket for 5 years.

No one here to tell me not to.

DSCF1894[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1894[1] (resized).jpg

#10482 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I have a myxoid cyst on my flipper finger, which is basically a painful blister made of joint fluid. Once a month, I have to stab it with a sterilized needle to drain it (I’m not paying someone $50 to do the same thing). Confess that I have to keep looking for new needle sites, like a heroin addict.

Like AL Leiter for the Jays. Now I get it.

#10483 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Maybe that's where the saying "let sleeping dogs lie " came from.

#10484 1 year ago

There was a place in Summerset mall that had some nice stuff. I haven’t been to the states in a little while! I’ll check the website thank you!

Quoted from pinzrfun:Mostly I order from a place about an hour from my house now, I'll go there once a year or so and grab a few different things. It's nice being able to smell them before you buy. They make brushes and blades and refurbish old razors and straight razors. Friendly people, good prices. One day I'll have to get an actual shave there, never done that before. I can remember going to the barber shop w my dad and him getting a shave, the barber sharpening the blade on the leather strap.
    www.maggardrazors.com

#10485 1 year ago

I confess, that I have Jury Duty tomorrow. But I always remember the one thread from years ago when I thought about it this week.

#10486 1 year ago

There's a new bowls tourney starting this week and going for two months.
    Called 'King of the Mountain', it's a challenged based system of individual games where you can challenge anyone up to three places ahead of you for their spot on the board. Game played at agreed time with an agreed scorer within 5 days of the challenge.

Quite looking forward to it, i've been given a handicap of 8 from a possible 10 shot advantage, but i still don't think it will be enough to beat most players.

Will be $10 worth of fun though!

#10487 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

There's a new bowls tourney starting this week and going for two months.
    Called 'King of the Mountain', it's a challenged based system of individual games where you can challenge anyone up to three places ahead of you for their spot on the board. Game played at agreed time with an agreed scorer within 5 days of the challenge.
    Quite looking forward to it, i've been given a handicap of 8 from a possible 10 shot advantage, but i still don't think it will be enough to beat most players.
    Will be $10 worth of fun though!

That sounds awesome. When you say bowls, is that like bocce ball?

#10488 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

That sounds awesome. When you say bowls, is that like bocce ball?

sorta, but not really

#10489 1 year ago

lawn bowls, outdoor game in which a ball (known as a bowl) is rolled toward a smaller stationary ball, called a jack. The object is to roll one's bowls so that they come to rest nearer to the jack than those of an opponent; this is sometimes achieved by knocking aside an opponent's bowl or the jack.

#10490 1 year ago

Confess. When I hear bowls I think of this.

When punkin mentioned bowl competition I pictured a bunch of guys smoking weed and playing pinball

20230125_082311.jpg20230125_082311.jpg

#10491 1 year ago

Ok I just looked it up. Seems like lawn bowling uses a somewhat squashed ball rather than a round one like bocce. Looks like fun and I love the running tournament idea!

Around here we get a lot of corn hole (aka bean bag toss), ladder ball, and washers (a.k.a. Sewer hole if you are a New Englander), and pickle ball is also taking off a lot recently.

#10492 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Ok I just looked it up. Seems like lawn bowling uses a somewhat squashed ball rather than a round one like bocce. Looks like fun and I love the running tournament idea!
    Around here we get a lot of corn hole (aka bean bag toss), ladder ball, and washers (a.k.a. Sewer hole if you are a New Englander), and pickle ball is also taking off a lot recently.

Probably the closest sport would be curling.

But the bowl (not ball) is built with a bias so it rolls in a slow curve with a hook at the end. You can get different model bowls with different curve and hooks as the bias is built in differently.

It's usually a team game, although the comp i mentioned is singles. Yesterday we played triples, where each of 3 players per team rolled 3 bowls each.

It's a game of angles and muscle memory, like snooker.

#10493 1 year ago

Work has been slow. I have only worked 1 shift in the last 8 days, and it’s been glorious!

#10494 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Probably the closest sport would be curling.
    But the bowl (not ball) is built with a bias so it rolls in a slow curve with a hook at the end. You can get different model bowls with different curve and hooks as the bias is built in differently.
    It's usually a team game, although the comp i mentioned is singles. Yesterday we played triples, where each of 3 players per team rolled 3 bowls each.
    It's a game of angles and muscle memory, like snooker.

Sounds even more fun if I was doing brownies..

#10495 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Sounds even more fun if I was doing brownies..

I have to keep the brownies separate. I fall to bits trying to play when I'm stoned.

Does me good to have a late start once or twice a week anyway and beer is encouraged.

#10496 1 year ago

As I get older, I stay away from brownies/shrooms. Just don’t like the way I feel the next day. But always enjoy a few tokes when playing golf, w a few beers too. I play to have fun, not competitive by any means-but like having a lower score then my partners

#10497 1 year ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

As I get older, I stay away from brownies/shrooms. Just don’t like the way I feel the next day. But always enjoy a few tokes when playing golf, w a few beers too. I play to have fun, not competitive by any means-but like having a lower score then my partners

I have about 1 in 5 people that i share with that say the same thing. It leaves them having difficulty functioning next day.

The answer, of course, is to build a tolerance. But some people are just fine and happy without them.

The wednesday comp i played in yesterday is a basic social comp. There's bowls from 9am till 1pm, with drinking in between ends. All somewhat competitive as we are trying to win, but like my pinball comps, the object is to compete and play well, do a bit of sledging, not to win.

Then it's into the club where there are lucky number raffles and most of the $8 it costs to play is divvied up among a couple of lucky numbers, some meat trays etc for an hour or so and it's over. No talk about scores or any record keeping.

#10498 1 year ago

Confess I go without food for 48 hours or more at least once a week.

It's not on purpose, i just get to stage of an evening where I'm drinking and not feeling like eating, and i rarely eat in the daytime.

#10499 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Confess I go without food for 48 hours or more at least once a week.
    It's not on purpose, i just get to stage of an evening where I'm drinking and not feeling like eating, and i rarely eat in the daytime.

No munchies then?

#10500 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

No munchies then?

Don't really get hungry. Sometimes i'll have some chicken chips during the day or some pretzel sticks.

There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.