Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,563 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 minutes ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 252.
    #10401 1 year ago

When i trim my left hand nails, i can see what I'm doing.
    But when i do the right, i do it blind.

Brain thing left/right.

#10402 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

When i trim my left hand nails, i can see what I'm doing.
    But when i do the right, i do it blind.
    Brain thing left/right.

I’m exact opposite.I could do the left blindfolded, right- I have to pay close attention

#10403 1 year ago

I confess I’ve never thought about that and have no idea what my experience would be

#10404 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I confess I’ve never thought about that and have no idea what my experience would be

You need

champagne-barbie-cookie-monster.gifchampagne-barbie-cookie-monster.gif

#10405 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You need
    [quoted image]

Confess a very long time ago, I was hooked on Chips Ahoy cookies, and was buying them in bulk at a wholesale club.

I still miss those cookies, and the fudge stripe cookies, but I am trying to stay away from sweets now.

Confess now that I think about it, I will probably be buying some cookies soon, I have missed them for too long.

Confess I need to quit reading posts here. Bad for my health.

#10406 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Sorry man, hope you can cheer up. Are you up for another cat? Hope you can keep your place, get a new cat that likes people, and enjoy some good coffee.

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone - I know I'm not the first or last to go through this and eventually it will be better.

I'd like to get another pair of cats someday (the ones we had were brothers), they're fun to watch play together and curl up and sleep together. We had a 3rd one too, she showed up on the porch one day in the middle of winter about 10 years ago and became part of the family too.

79245 (resized).jpeg79245 (resized).jpeg
    #10407 1 year ago

You can have my cats, I'm not a cat person (like my two labs much better). We have three, but if I do my current wife will leave me.

#10408 1 year ago

Snakes don't care if you ignore them for 3 months, so long as they have a water bowl.

They'll be happier if you feed em every couple weeks, but they'll still be ok.

More affectionate than fucking cats too, and less likely to bite you. My mate was telling me the other day his cat bites him after he's patted the bastard.

#10409 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You need
    [quoted image]

I just had a cinnamon twist from Taco Bell.

#10410 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I just had a cinnamon twist from Taco Bell.

Well that ain't gunna open your third eye, that's for sure.

#10411 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Well that ain't gunna open your third eye, that's for sure.

I confess I struggle keeping the first two open as it is

#10412 1 year ago

Taco bell opens your brown eye

#10413 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

Taco bell opens your brown eye

And it cries

#10414 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

You can have my cats, I'm not a cat person (like my two labs much better). We have three, but if I do my current wife will leave me.

Cats were one of the big reasons I left my first girlfriend. (Actually, I guess she left me, but I was ready for her to leave anyway).

Confess my girlfriend now, which is my 4th girlfriend is the best ever. Been with her for over 6 years now.

#10415 1 year ago

I’ve never seen someone bumped from a club thread. I usually don’t go in there but wondering why Mikonos got booted and was making drop target stickers in the Transporter club thread. Was just curious more than anything.

#10416 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Snakes don't care if you ignore them for 3 months, so long as they have a water bowl.
    They'll be happier if you feed em every couple weeks, but they'll still be ok.
    More affectionate than fucking cats too, and less likely to bite you. My mate was telling me the other day his cat bites him after he's patted the bastard.

Ours were super friendly....my ex started holding and cuddling them when they were a few weeks old so they were used to it. You could barely sit down before one would hop onto your lap. Slept next to us, everything.

*KittensNeedLoveTooPunkin*

#10417 1 year ago

Confess we have ifpa finals tomorrow and im playing the 2nd best guy in our town in round one! Gonna be a short day! Anyone else playing tomorrow?

#10418 1 year ago

I confess that our family once housed the antichrist.

His name was Jeff. He cost us thousands in house repairs, thousands in vet bills over the years, and we all donated litres of blood to his razor sharp appendages.

As my daughter said the day we buried his ashes in our backyard (the perfect eulogy) “he was an asshole, but he was our asshole”

Meet Jeff.

FA91C670-1FCC-4FC2-9220-A31FFA2C1180 (resized).jpegFA91C670-1FCC-4FC2-9220-A31FFA2C1180 (resized).jpeg
    #10419 1 year ago

This guy (Jack) is an asshole to our other cats, but this is his normal behavior towards humans. More of my neighbors know Jack than know me. He has a permanent Elvis sneer because he had an abscessed tooth removed ($$).

55ECB221-D864-47C6-B8EE-2BF8C702222F (resized).jpeg55ECB221-D864-47C6-B8EE-2BF8C702222F (resized).jpegCD2A8CEB-EAF8-42BC-9D56-1C3A53187B4F (resized).jpegCD2A8CEB-EAF8-42BC-9D56-1C3A53187B4F (resized).jpeg

#10420 1 year ago

Confess that I doubted whether this J-B Weld repair would work, but it’s strong as heck. This is a ball snubber for Whirlwind.

3E1C9411-DBDD-47FC-9561-0FE61DA2B5E8 (resized).jpeg3E1C9411-DBDD-47FC-9561-0FE61DA2B5E8 (resized).jpeg
    #10421 1 year ago

Would have nearly been easier to make a new one.

I miss having a workshop.

#10422 1 year ago

I just hauled my whirlwind down to a local brewery for finals tomorrow..we are having a lil tourney tonight to put them thru the test. Hope mine hold up! Gave MET a could cleaning today too! Usually have 6, we packed 12 pins in the taproom! They're pretty awesome peeps at Pile o Bones brewery for tolerating our shenanigans!

20230120_152947 (resized).jpg20230120_152947 (resized).jpg20230120_153015 (resized).jpg20230120_153015 (resized).jpg

#10423 1 year ago

Wow! Pretty Awesome! Great set up as well!

Quoted from Dee-Bow:I just hauled my whirlwind down to a local brewery for finals tomorrow..we are having a lil tourney tonight to put them thru the test. Hope mine hold up! Gave MET a could cleaning today too! Usually have 6, we packed 12 pins in the taproom! They're pretty awesome peeps at Pile o Bones brewery for tolerating our shenanigans!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

#10424 1 year ago

I've realised lately that i need some motivation to do shit rather than sit around all day.

I know i don't need a partner, but i do need someone to tell me to stand up and do some shit in the mornings.

My confession is, that i have realised i live in a culture without professional matchmakers in my community.

GotNoFuckingWarlocksEitherPunkin

#10425 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Confess we have ifpa finals tomorrow and im playing the 2nd best guy in our town in round one! Gonna be a short day! Anyone else playing tomorrow?

Yep, Detroit Pinball League get together tomorrow!

#10426 1 year ago

Confess I don't like playing pinball with others so I'd never join a league or tournament. I like to play 3 balls by myself. Momentum is everything and having to wait for someone else to play their ball is torture. Non the less, 3 other people playing their balls then 5 or 10 minutes later here's ball 2.

Tournaments don't really make sense. You qualify playing by yourself to achieve the best score to make finals. Then your in a 4 player, 30 minute match. Again no momentum

#10427 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Confess I don't like playing pinball with others so I'd never join a league or tournament. I like to play 3 balls by myself. Momentum is everything and having to wait for someone else to play their ball is torture. Non the less, 3 other people playing their balls then 5 or 10 minutes later here's ball 2.
    Tournaments don't really make sense. You qualify playing by yourself to achieve the best score to make finals. Then your in a 4 player, 30 minute match. Again no momentum

I agree, not sure why pins need more than 1 player. We just wait for each other here to finish the game and then step in. I'd rather wait and play my own game.

#10428 1 year ago

You can talk to said humans between balls and drink & eat so.e pub grub! Also can smoke doobies outside between round! # REAL SOCIAL GAMING. I'm not super competitive and not there just to win it. I usually make a point to sit with new people and keep everyone included and having fun. Also, we have a few good players, and sometimes it is a bit of a wait between balls.. but never a big deal.

#10429 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You can talk to said humans between balls and drink & eat so.e pub grub! Also can smoke doobies outside between round! # REAL SOCIAL GAMING. I'm not super competitive and not there just to win it. I usually make a point to sit with new people and keep everyone included and having fun. Also, we have a few good players, and sometimes it is a bit of a wait between balls.. but never a big deal.

You can do that all easier between games.

#10430 1 year ago

I'm pretty anti social and despise small talk. I'm rarely chatty unless in a crowd with people i know. Also I've always been more comfortable around women. I'm much more likely to approach a group of women and join the conversation then a group of guys. Meeting new people sounds torturous.

Probably the reason I don't have many friends

#10431 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm pretty anti social and despise small talk. I'm rarely chatty unless in a crowd with people i know. Also I've always been more comfortable around women. I'm much more likely to approach a group of women and join the conversation then a group of guys. Meeting new people sounds torturous.
    Probably the reason I don't have many friends

See u next year at yegpin when you're hustling my loonies on the pins at the after party ! Ya, i hear ya.. but the pinball community is awesome and it's a good time to get out every once in a while.

* if it makes you comfortable, we can complain about toilet seats being left up and stuff!

#10432 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Ours were super friendly....my ex started holding and cuddling them when they were a few weeks old so they were used to it. You could barely sit down before one would hop onto your lap. Slept next to us, everything.
    *KittensNeedLoveTooPunkin*

For cats to be friendly you have to handle them a lot when they are very young to get them used to contact. Otherwise they bite and scratch forever trying to get you out of their space.

I confess I’m not a dog person. I like dogs, but have no desire to have one as a pet. They are high maintenance. Having a dog to me is like having kids.

My issues aren’t with dogs though, rather with my dog owner friends. They assume that everyone wants to spend time with their dog. I admit I get annoyed when people try to bring their dogs into my house without checking first, and get pissy when they are told not to. I’m also not a fan of when they insist on going to hang out at dog friendly restaurants and bars where the dogs lose their shit (both figuratively and literally). If we do go somewhere without the dog, after a couple hours it turns into a fire drill because they need to rush home or the dog will pee/poop/chew/scratch or otherwise destroy their place. The last 3 airports I’ve been at have all had dog accidents on the floor that I have watched people drag their luggage through due to cruddy pet parents not cleaning up after them. Pretty gross.

Cats are more my speed. They are like room mates. They do their own thing and hang out when they want to. I never have to change my plans because of my cats.

ED4D67AC-8E18-4C18-9EAB-632BA68F480F (resized).jpegED4D67AC-8E18-4C18-9EAB-632BA68F480F (resized).jpeg
    #10433 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I've never played in a tournament as I have no real desire to make playing pinball a competition, at all - it's just a game, for fun.

I ended up in a league by pure chance - about 15 years ago a local guy came to look at a game I had for sale, saw I had about 8 machines (at the time) and said they were starting up a league, would I like to join. I told him no for the aforementioned reason.
    He said it was going to be strictly a beer-and-basement league, private collections, no location playing, some of the guys just wanna drink beer and hang out while some might try a bit harder, all up to you.

That was a good 12 years ago, and I'm proud to say I've meandered near the bottom of the rankings almost every year as I stick to my guns of mostly drinking beer, bullshitting and casually playing while a few others reach for the stars.

#10434 1 year ago

Wife says yesterday do you want to go to the mall tomortow and return clothes? I said no way. So she says fine I'll get one of my crazy sisters to go with me. Ok sounds good
    This morning my wife said my crazy sisters said no and I have to go please. Now im being dragged and not fn happy about it.
    My face when I got the bad news

20230120_161359 (resized).jpg20230120_161359 (resized).jpg
    #10435 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Wife says yesterday do you want to go to the mall tomortow and return clothes? I said no way. So she says fine I'll get one of my crazy sisters to go with me. Ok sounds good
    This morning my wife said my crazy sisters said no and I have to go please. Now im being dragged and not fn happy about it.
    My face when I got the bad news[quoted image]

Could be worse. She could take you purse shopping. Purse shopping with my wife is my own personal 7th ring of hell. That level of indecision is like a 1000 needles in my brain.

#10436 1 year ago

Can't she drive?

#10437 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Can't she drive?

Those are words we think, but never say out loud…

#10438 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Those are words we think, but never say out loud…

Even my friends call me blunt.

#10439 1 year ago

I confess i almost lost my shit last night - went to dinner at a new place and while looking for the bathroom, turn the corner and there's a game room w 4 pins and a pool table. So after we eat, I get some singles and head down to play some pinball w the gf. Five minutes later, this woman brings her 2 screaming kids in there, puts some money in the pool table and leaves them. They start slamming the balls around, screaming, and 60 seconds later when the balls are gone just use the pool table as a jungle gym. Mom eventually returned but was too busy on her phone to tell them to get the hell off it.

We cut our night short to escape the shrieking.

20230120_183016 (resized).jpg20230120_183016 (resized).jpg
    #10440 1 year ago

I was sitting here yesterday on the brownies and thinking what an enjoyable stalemate i have created for myself.

Everyday pretty much the same, cruising.

But i am not getting anything done, and i have too much i can do, but no motivation to do anything.

My confession is that i wish our society had a strong matchmaker tradition like the Asian and European countries. A local person, who knew all the local people in our little town, who could take what is a complicated need and translate it into an introduction.
    I don't want a sexual relationship, don't need a dependent. Just need a laid back partner, with their own life, but with time to share mine too.

#10441 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I don't want a sexual relationship, don't need a dependent. Just need a laid back partner, with their own life, but with time to share mine too.

Adopt an older dog.

#10442 1 year ago

After motivation to complete projects like buying a house and fitting out a boat etc.

Can't see an old dog helping with that. Besides, i have companions that are not dog friendly.

#10443 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

For cats to be friendly you have to handle them a lot when they are very young to get them used to contact. Otherwise they bite and scratch forever trying to get you out of their space.
    I confess I’m not a dog person. I like dogs, but have no desire to have one as a pet. They are high maintenance. Having a dog to me is like having kids.
    My issues aren’t with dogs though, rather with my dog owner friends. They assume that everyone wants to spend time with their dog. I admit I get annoyed when people try to bring their dogs into my house without checking first, and get pissy when they are told not to. I’m also not a fan of when they insist on going to hang out at dog friendly restaurants and bars where the dogs lose their shit (both figuratively and literally). If we do go somewhere without the dog, after a couple hours it turns into a fire drill because they need to rush home or the dog will pee/poop/chew/scratch or otherwise destroy their place. The last 3 airports I’ve been at have all had dog accidents on the floor that I have watched people drag their luggage through due to cruddy pet parents not cleaning up after them. Pretty gross.
    Cats are more my speed. They are like room mates. They do their own thing and hang out when they want to. I never have to change my plans because of my cats.
    [quoted image]

Get better friends.

#10444 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

[quoted image]

The last couple times I went to Menards there were people in there with dogs - I'm like, wtf, you really need to bring your dog to the hardware store??

#10445 1 year ago

Could be worse this dude brought his dog to the mall today

20230121_143317 (resized).jpg20230121_143317 (resized).jpg
    #10446 1 year ago

This place is insane. Get me out of here

16743297564013489745105849652810 (resized).jpg16743297564013489745105849652810 (resized).jpg
    #10447 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

The last couple times I went to Menards there were people in there with dogs - I'm like, wtf, you really need to bring your dog to the hardware store??

I run part of a hardware store and my dog is with me most days. Mostly in the back though, except the few times he escapes and run around like a crazy 8 year old retard.

We also enjoy people bringing their dogs to the store, and never had any incidents except perhaps a wee urine leak or similar. I usually take the blame for that.

Id rather have ten dogs then two spoiled whiny screaming children in the store. Better for business too.

#10448 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I run part of a hardware store and my dog is with me most days. Mostly in the back though, except the few times he escapes and run around like a crazy 8 year old retard.
    We also enjoy people bringing their dogs to the store, and never had any incidents except perhaps a wee urine leak or similar. I usually take the blame for that.
    Id rather have ten dogs then two spoiled whiny screaming children in the store. Better for business too.

A hardware store is one thing, I've been to mom/pop hardware stores and auto shops that have dogs/cats -

Menards is like Home Depot or Lowes, a large department store type place - you dont need to bring a dog or cat in there.

#10449 1 year ago

I love dogs, I have 2. I really don’t care if you bring your dog in most places, however I can’t stand when people bring them into grocery stores. I have enough dog hair in my food I really don’t want your dog hair in it as well.
    On a separate note trying to learn the guitar. I tried to do some riffs, didn’t realize how slow my fingers are trying to move from one position to another. I never understood the reason guitar players made those faces…. Now I get it… I’m hoping there won’t be a guitar shaped hole in my wall!

#10450 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

A hardware store is one thing, I've been to mom/pop hardware stores and auto shops that have dogs/cats -
    Menards is like Home Depot or Lowes, a large department store type place - you dont need to bring a dog or cat in there.

Still better than screaming children considering ATV.

There are 12,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/209?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.