Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,562 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

R0010429 (resized).jpg
    R0010431 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2170 (resized).jpeg
    R0010422 (resized).jpg
    pb59 (resized).jpg
    pb58 (resized).jpg
    pb57 (resized).jpg
    IFMaMr.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 252.
    #10351 1 year ago
    46365EB8-6984-46CF-8EB9-7DEA6F68D1AA.gif46365EB8-6984-46CF-8EB9-7DEA6F68D1AA.gif
    #10352 1 year ago
    Bi8z5UxIQAAnpG1 (resized).jpgBi8z5UxIQAAnpG1 (resized).jpg
    #10353 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Tis but a scratch, but it must have sprayed out as my other foot is covered in splatter too.
    [quoted image]

You must not wear sandals outside much with that tan line.

#10354 1 year ago

Okay it’s about 2:00 in the afternoon where punkin is you doing ok? Please tell me you didn’t bleed out overnight.

#10355 1 year ago

I went for my first CT scan today. Confess I felt like like I was in some kind of futuristic space movie. Was not expecting anything like that. Computer voice telling me when to breathe. Motion controlled bed moving me back and forth in a giant motorcylcle tire. I focused mostly on the blue led space grid thingy on top of the machine and thought of gotg gameplay for the 10 minutes it took.
    Also confess the technician who stabbed me with dye was pretty smokin

#10356 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I went for my first CT scan today. Confess I felt like like I was in some kind of futuristic space movie. Was not expecting anything like that. Computer voice telling me when to breathe. Motion controlled bed moving me back and forth in a giant motorcylcle tire. I focused mostly on the blue led space grid thingy on top of the machine and thought of gotg gameplay for the 10 minutes it took.

Look on YouTube. Those thing spin about as fast as a motorcycle tire too.

#10357 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

As fun as it sounds, I’m trying to cut down my scans.

#10358 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

As fun as it sounds, I’m trying to cut down my scans.

At least they're painless tests.

#10359 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

How does my CT scan look, Doc?

Well, it looks like you were happy to be here.

#10360 1 year ago

Went to hospital this morning, but left after 2 hours and no-one being seen. I'll see how it is in the morning.

#10361 1 year ago

Also was told that the dye would create some kind of flush feeling. Wife says like your peeing down your leg. I didn't feel anything but the actual fluids being released into my arm. I did smoke a pretty big joint before going in so...

#10362 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Bumped my leg last night, it won't stop bleeding. Everytime i got up during the night, and again this morning it starts pouring out again. Must have nicked a vein.
    [quoted image]
    You guys would have laughed to see me trying to stand up. Kept slipping over in the blood.

Holy shit

#10363 1 year ago

Confess that was my first thought also.

I did not even bleed that much the last time I had to go get 11 stitches.

I really hope punkin will take care of that; shit can get serious if not careful.

#10364 1 year ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I really hope punkin will take care of that; shit can get serious if not careful.

Probably nicked some plumbing, rather than just skin surface capillaries.

Quoted from punkin:

Went to hospital this morning, but left after 2 hours and no-one being seen. I'll see how it is in the morning.

Do you have any urgent care facilities/centers in your area? They handle non-life threatening issues/injuries. You would be more likely to see a doctor more quickly at one of those places than in an ER. You would basically be at the bottom of the list in an ER since your injury doesn't appear to be immediately life threatening.

#10365 1 year ago

All good guys, if anyone has been following my adventures, they know i play hard.

It's sat night now, but i have a cunning plan to change the dressing. Probs is, it's still a paper towel taped to my leg.

#10366 1 year ago

Ya. I was surprised how fast you healed up from the scooter ankle explosion! Helped my friend take apart his home gym and it fell and got him in the face pretty good. Should of went for some stiches but he bought a bottle of vodka and went home instead. He said he's hurting today..but also out of vodka! #Damnpunkerssaretough&stubborn

#10367 1 year ago

Sounds like an aussie.

#10368 1 year ago

My wife likes to watch all those homicide shows. There is generally less blood at most of the murder scenes they show. I confess I was relieved to see you post this morning.

#10369 1 year ago

Thanks friends. I'll go get a dressing this morning and soak the paper towel off and see what's going on.

Confess i've near had enough of these giant, poisonous, jumping spiders watching me in the bathroom.

DSCF1848[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1848[1] (resized).jpg

#10370 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Thanks friends. I'll go get a dressing this morning and soak the paper towel off and see what's going on.
    Confess i've near had enough of these giant, poisonous, jumping spiders watching me in the bathroom.
    [quoted image]

Freaky spider! You need to be seen by a Dr. ASAP. With the amount of blood I bet you hit a vein. Veins can heal to an extent depending on the severity of the injury but something like that I doubt it, and with the amount of blood you lost I wouldn't mess around with it. Sepsis would be a big possibility also, and you do not want to mess around with that. I'm not sure how Emergency departments in Austrailia compare to here in the states, but let the person who checks you in know that your leg won't stop bleeding for >24 hrs. Life and limb is a big priority universally in medicine. (RN with over a decade of critical care experience)

#10371 1 year ago
    Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

Freaky spider! You need to be seen by a Dr. ASAP. With the amount of blood I bet you hit a vein. Veins can heal to an extent depending on the severity of the injury but something like that I doubt it, and with the amount of blood you lost I wouldn't mess around with it. Sepsis would be a big possibility also, and you do not want to mess around with that. I'm not sure how Emergency departments in Austrailia compare to here in the states, but let the person who checks you in know that your leg won't stop bleeding for >24 hrs. Life and limb is a big priority universally in medicine. (RN with over a decade of critical care experience)

Confess I bet Foxxstone_80 knows what he is talking about, judging by his avatar.

#10372 1 year ago

Confess, when I was in costco the other day I saw a electric scooter and thought of punkin and said Hell No

#10373 1 year ago

This reminds me of an interesting story you guys might appreciate. Emergency medicine we triage patients based on level of severity of injury/complaint (pretty common knowledge to most people). Surprisingly, some people will really underscore the severity of their injury during checkin. Had a patient once who came for a "sore arm", obviously this patient was pushed to the side and told to wait. It wasn't until I went out to triage a full waiting room that I discovered the "sore arm" was the result of a motorcycle crash. Turned into an emergent trauma: stat x-rays, CT scan, everything. patient was found to have numerous broken bones, a collapsed lung, and a liver laceration (lots of internal bleeding). less than an hour later the patient was in the OR.

#10374 1 year ago
    Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

This reminds me of an interesting story you guys might appreciate. Emergency medicine we triage patients based on level of severity of injury/complaint (pretty common knowledge to most people). Surprisingly, some people will really underscore the severity of their injury during checkin. Had a patient once who came for a "sore arm", obviously this patient was pushed to the side and told to wait. It wasn't until I went out to triage a full waiting room that I discovered the "sore arm" was the result of a motorcycle crash. Turned into an emergent trauma: stat x-rays, CT scan, everything. patient was found to have numerous broken bones, a collapsed lung, and a liver laceration (lots of internal bleeding). less than an hour later the patient was in the OR.

That's funny. I sat in the corner of an ER, after my mate dropped me off in the front of the hospital after doing this. The had a go at me cause I said i had a sore leg. They found me eventually. I was 2 hours at sea when it happened.

AussieAndStuffPunkin

brokenleg2 (resized).jpgbrokenleg2 (resized).jpg

#10375 1 year ago

Fixed in any case.

DSCF1854[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1854[1] (resized).jpg

#10376 1 year ago

Here's one for you. Johnny inspired.

My wife years ago felt shitty for a few days. She's used to pain but finally got to the point where she said she needs to go to the ER. The ER is packed but her symptoms were similar to when she had a heart attack so they admitted her immediately. We sat in a room in ER for 2 hrs before a doctor finally came in to see her. She was in so much pain she kept taking RSO hoping it would help relieve the pain. 2 more hours go by and they finally get her a room upstairs. She's still in tremendous pain but she's also really stoned from taking so much thc oil. They put her on a drip and it's 9 or 10pm so i go home for the night. 8am i get a call saying they're sending her to Saskatoon in a ambulance. I tell them to wait till I get there. I show up and she has a huge bruise starting under her eye. I'm like WTF is this? They say she was incoherent and fell in the bathroom and hit her head. The fucking incompetent nurses didn't put this in the report so she shows up 45 minutes later in Saskatoon ER with a huge black eye forming and no reason why she was transferred there. Meanwhile still in tremendous pain and stoned. I show up half hr later in ER and sat there for 2 fukn hrs before anyone came in. Then they start questioning me why she has a black eye and what's wrong with her. I fukn lost it. I told them to figure out wtf is wrong with my wife. 10 minutes later there's finally a doctor and a fukn cop. They totally profiled me. 6'3 with a beard and wearing a Harley Davidson bandana that I beat and drugged her. Finally the stupid fukn nurses contacted the previous hospital and they admitted she fell and forgot to mention it. After 10 hrs in the ER they finally moved her to a room upstairs. So in the end she had infected gallbladder. They took 3 days to even figure that out then had to wait another 5 or 6 days to get the infection down to do surgery. Think she spent close to 2 weeks in hospital.

#10377 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Here's one for you. Johnny inspired.
    My wife years ago felt shitty for a few days. She's used to pain but finally got to the point where she said she needs to go to the ER. The ER is packed but her symptoms were similar to when she had a heart attack so they admitted her immediately. We sat in a room in ER for 2 hrs before a doctor finally came in to see her. She was in so much pain she kept taking RSO hoping it would help relieve the pain. 2 more hours go by and they finally get her a room upstairs. She's still in tremendous pain but she's also really stoned from taking so much thc oil. They put her on a drip and it's 9 or 10pm so i go home for the night. 8am i get a call saying they're sending her to Saskatoon in a ambulance. I tell them to wait till I get there. I show up and she has a huge bruise starting under her eye. I'm like WTF is this? They say she was incoherent and fell in the bathroom and hit her head. The fucking incompetent nurses didn't put this in the report so she shows up 45 minutes later in Saskatoon ER with a huge black eye forming and no reason why she was transferred there. Meanwhile still in tremendous pain and stoned. I show up half hr later in ER and sat there for 2 fukn hrs before anyone came in. Then they start questioning me why she has a black eye and what's wrong with her. I fukn lost it. I told them to figure out wtf is wrong with my wife. 10 minutes later there's finally a doctor and a fukn cop. They totally profiled me. 6'3 with a beard and wearing a Harley Davidson bandana that I beat and drugged her. Finally the stupid fukn nurses contacted the previous hospital and they admitted she fell and forgot to mention it. After 10 hrs in the ER they finally moved her to a room upstairs. So in the end she had infected gallbladder. They took 3 days to even figure that out then had to wait another 5 or 6 days to get the infection down to do surgery. Think she spent close to 2 weeks in hospital.

Confess I hate hospitals so bad, and all the bs associated with them, that if something happens to me, that urgent care cannot fix, I plan to just die.

I am glad that they finally took care of your wife, after all the bs.

#10378 1 year ago

prob's shouldn't have played bowls today....

leg10 (resized).jpgleg10 (resized).jpg

#10379 1 year ago

Confess i have never put a toy or a doll in a pinball machine and called it a mod.

#10380 1 year ago

I do! After all they come with certain toys already in them, why not enhance them to suit your own style.
    I confess I’ve never spray painted fairies on my walls and called it art! Lol

Quoted from punkin:Confess i have never put a toy or a doll in a pinball machine and called it a mod.

#10381 1 year ago

Not a criticism mate, merely a confession.

You do you.

#10382 1 year ago

No , criticism here either! I felt the need to confess as well!

#10383 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Glad you are on the mend.

Please be careful. Me and you snakes really like you.

LTG : )

#10384 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Jeez that still looks pretty bad. Keep it clean and change that dressing daily.

#10385 1 year ago

Thanks mate, will do after my shower this morning.

#10386 1 year ago

Well punkin isn't dead.
    I just put a Mando on a speeder bike into my premium. I've read that it was initially supposed to be there anyway.

#10387 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

I just put a Mando on a speeder bike into my premium. I've read that it was initially supposed to be there anyway.

Confess i have no idea what that means.

#10388 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:Confess i have no idea what that means.

viv7b3qofaw31.pngviv7b3qofaw31.png
    #10389 1 year ago

Is that from Sideshow?

#10390 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I confess this is still one of my favorite times of the entire week.
    Sunday morning, lying in bed reading Pinside, wife playing games on her tablet, fresh hot coffee, cool morning breeze, cats curled up on the bed.
    These are the good old days.

Was looking back at some of my old posts in this thread and ran across this one from last year.

Since then, wife and I have filed for divorce, she's been gone almost 4 months along w the kittens and her son. Piecing the empty house back together furniture-wise, trying to figure out if I can afford to stay or how many pins I'll have to sell to do so.

I hate being right sometimes - those really were the good old days.

#10391 1 year ago

You have a new good old days. It can be hard sometimes but you know there are a few people here who are going through the same thing. I had a rough time the other day but EJS helped me through!

Quoted from pinzrfun:

Was looking back at some of my old posts in this thread and ran across this one from last year.
    Since then, wife and I have filed for divorce, she's been gone almost 4 months along w the kittens and her son. Piecing the empty house back together furniture-wise, trying to figure out if I can afford to stay or how many pins I'll have to sell to do so.

#10392 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zartan:

Is that from Sideshow?

No, it's just one of the standard action figures. The speeder bike is basically the same as the one from the 80s. On this version they took out the spring loaded explosion feature, changed the handles, changed the foot rests, and a few other minor things. Otherwise, it pretty much looks like the same casting/die with some retooling.

#10393 1 year ago

Looks awesome!

Quoted from ForceFlow:No, it's just one of the standard action figures. The speeder bike is basically the same as the one from the 80s. On this version they took out the spring loaded explosion feature, changed the handles, changed the foot rests, and a few other minor things. Otherwise, it pretty much looks like the same casting/die with some retooling.

#10394 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Going through same shit.
    2022 sucked for my marriage .
    Divorce final October 2022.
    Met up with co-worker from years ago who likes
    Pinball and has helped to ease the pain

She actually went to pincinnatti with me and I had a blast
    but there is no doubt that divorce sucks big time.

Feeling for you brother.

#10395 1 year ago

Confess that whenever I eat a cookie, I get the stupid Sesame Street “C is For Cookie” song in my head, and it stays there until I can find another song to push it out.

#10396 1 year ago

I was singing the count song at bowls yesterday.

the-count-the-count-sesame-street.gifthe-count-the-count-sesame-street.gif

#10397 1 year ago

Sideshow has a Batman 66 diorama for sale that looks like a perfect topper. I don’t have the machine but it’s tempting to buy.

Quoted from ForceFlow:No, it's just one of the standard action figures. The speeder bike is basically the same as the one from the 80s. On this version they took out the spring loaded explosion feature, changed the handles, changed the foot rests, and a few other minor things. Otherwise, it pretty much looks like the same casting/die with some retooling.

#10398 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Confess that whenever I eat a cookie, I get the stupid Sesame Street “C is For Cookie” song in my head, and it stays there until I can find another song to push it out.

But do you sing it in Cookie Monster's voice too?

#10399 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

But do you sing it in Cookie Monster's voice too?

Yes, his dialect: “C is for cookie, dat good enough for me”

#10400 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Sorry man, hope you can cheer up. Are you up for another cat? Hope you can keep your place, get a new cat that likes people, and enjoy some good coffee.

There are 12,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.