Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,550 posts
  • 721 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_4658 (resized).jpeg
    ff24 (resized).jpg
    twister-478-x-282-gif-6ciqtms8ubq7hz74.gif
    IMG_5810 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5819 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5832 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5831 (resized).jpeg
    442475043dec51f5c5b1c352c6afdd37.gif
    IMG_20240405_120516353 (resized).jpg
    punkinlarry (resized).jpg
    punkinsac1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
    20240218_090024[1] (resized).jpg
    IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
    punkinchest1 (resized).jpg
    There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 251.
    #10301 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Our cans are 355ml. Bottles are slightly smaller here, 345ml I think. Of course there's super cans which are like 475ml and king cans which are 710ml. Check out these cute little bottles from the States i found. They're like 2 sippers.
    Our regular percentage is 5% in Canada. Light beer is 4%
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Those 7 oz. bottles are usually called pony bottles here.

#10302 1 year ago

The term pony was common when i was a child, meant a 5oz beer for old men or ladies. That was back when ladies drank in the back bar or lounge, and men drank in the front or public bar.

People 20 years younger than me have probably never heard of it here.

Capturemki (resized).PNGCapturemki (resized).PNG

#10303 1 year ago

I went to the beach with a new mate yesterday. First time i've been to the beach in 3 years. You could shoot an arrow from my place to the beach in two shots.

#10304 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

You could shoot an arrow from my place to the beach in two shots

Are you saying twice cause I’d miss on the first shot? Cause I probably would. That or pick up and shoot a second time.

#10305 1 year ago

Nah, i'd need two shots to reach it. The distillery is one of my customers, has all my stills in there and they are a couple doors up from me. That creek that comes out at back beach runs through my backyard. It starts round the corner where i fell down the drain that time.

Capturenas (resized).PNGCapturenas (resized).PNG

#10306 1 year ago

Party time today.

My hated neighbour in the flat down the back moved out yesterday.

671801409ba-awesome-coloful-fireworks-animated-gif-image-3.gif671801409ba-awesome-coloful-fireworks-animated-gif-image-3.gif

#10307 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Party time today.
    My hated neighbour in the flat down the back moved out yesterday.
    [quoted image]

Confess I can relate to that! My hated neighbor moved out a few weeks ago.

#10308 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I've recently decided to go with one really good new game and a golden tee live 2022 instead of 2 pins.

I still love the 2020 Golden Tee I have. I made a hole in one on a par 4 the other night. I love the way that there are hardly any limits to what I can try to do. Shoot over or through stuff that looks to be in the way, and funny when it backfires, and awesome when it works.

#10309 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The term pony was common when i was a child, meant a 5oz beer for old men or ladies. That was back when ladies drank in the back bar or lounge, and men drank in the front or public bar.
    People 20 years younger than me have probably never heard of it here.
    [quoted image]

Pony beers are a big thing in the north eastern US where I grew up. A popular promotion at local greasy spoons is to have “Rocks and Wings” which is a bucket of Rolling Rock ponies and a bucket of chicken wings. There is a place near where I grew up called the Bidwell Tavern in Coventry Connecticut. The tavern is from 1822, is off the beaten path, and serves the best chicken wings in the world. They have the Rocks and Wings that I grew up with.

CE72ED1F-F9F4-4F3D-9BD2-C963A2A2C22C (resized).jpegCE72ED1F-F9F4-4F3D-9BD2-C963A2A2C22C (resized).jpeg
    #10310 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Joseph is cute.

I’m just going to quote this before punkins brownies wear off.

#10311 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I’m just going to quote this before punkins brownies wear off.

Crossposted AND out of context.

well-done.gifwell-done.gif

ILikeItPunkin

#10312 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Crossposted AND out of context.
    [quoted image]
    ILikeItPunkin

It counters derailing the random picture thread

#10313 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pugster:

I looked at them but I dunno, something about the whole setup doesn’t scream fun to me. Maybe it’d be different if I flipped one but I don’t think there’s any remotely close by.
    Really do appreciate the comments guys. I’ve never played a high end VPin so it helps.
    Thinking I’ll just get another NIB modern pin and rotate one out if I get bored. Still waiting on Scooby gameplay…and curious to see what AP has in the chamber.

If you ever make it to Calgary there's a Heist at The Hidden Spot. I didn't try it cause there was a godzilla and Ehoh beside each other that got the bulk of my time and money.

#10314 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Pony beers are a big thing in the north eastern US where I grew up. A popular promotion at local greasy spoons is to have “Rocks and Wings” which is a bucket of Rolling Rock ponies and a bucket of chicken wings. There is a place near where I grew up called the Bidwell Tavern in Coventry Connecticut. The tavern is from 1822, is off the beaten path, and serves the best chicken wings in the world. They have the Rocks and Wings that I grew up with.[quoted image]

Sadly, I don't think Rolling Rock makes the pony bottle anymore.

#10315 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I had a beautiful Rolling Rock neon sign, with the Brooklyn Bridge. I was standing on a step stool while hanging it in the wall and I lost my balance, totally destroyed it. I’ve never broken a backglass, but I imagine that’s how it would feel.

#10316 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

That's too bad. It looks like Miller Lite, Miller High Life, Miller Genuine Draft and Coors Light are all still available in 7-ounce pony bottles.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10317 1 year ago

Knocked back a ton of these in my youth.7 oz cream ale.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
    #10318 1 year ago

We called them throwdowns here after the kids cracker, but they were packaged as twist tops. They are not at all popular and i didn't know they were still available till i looked this morning.. It's too hot here for a two mouthful beer.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Capturenui (resized).PNGCapturenui (resized).PNG

#10319 1 year ago

I confess I have often maligned Led Zeppelin pro as an empty box devoid of fun.

Today I mixed up the time on my cardiologist appointment and had an hour to kill. I remembered there was a game room store near by and wandered over there to kill 45 minutes and then return. I started with a fun game of target alpha and rolled the score wheels a couple of times before moving on to Demo Man. I played a few games before finally I was in front of Led Zeppelin pro. With no quarters at stake I started up a game. I have to admit while it isn’t going to be the gem of anyone’s collection, I did have fun on it. I still think it’s an empty box, but not completely devoid of fun. I wonder if my recent purchase of another Steve Richie game, Star Wars turned my opinion around on the game. I would now consider letting one in the house if it were in the 4K range.

I also confess that it was only after I took this picture did I notice I got my finger in there like my grandma with her old point and shoot. It sucks getting old.
    F15780FA-D301-453C-BEDF-0EF0CDFAF5C4 (resized).jpegF15780FA-D301-453C-BEDF-0EF0CDFAF5C4 (resized).jpeg

#10320 1 year ago

I confess i cringe when friends/family suggest "Let's go out to dinner!"

I hate eating out (unless there's an associated activity - watching a game at a bar w friends, etc). I eat fast - I'm always the first one done, and usually have my dishes and the kitchen cleaned up before anyone else is even done eating. The thought of driving to a restaurant, staring at a menu for 10 minutes, having small talk for another half hour until the food arrives, eating (how long does it take to eat a plate of food, 10, 15min tops?), then sitting there while everyone else finishes their meals is absolute torture to me. And God forbid I'm with people (my sis and her hubby come to mind) who like to order coffee and sit and chat after they eat, maybe order a piece of pie after a little while. Please - shoot me.

I have better things to do with 3 hours of my life than pay $13.50 for a burger at Red Robin.

#10321 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I hate eating out (unless there's an associated activity - watching a game at a bar w friends, etc). I eat fast - I'm always the first one done, and usually have my dishes and the kitchen cleaned up before anyone else is even done eating. The thought of driving to a restaurant, staring at a menu for 10 minutes, having small talk for another half hour until the food arrives, eating (how long does it take to eat a plate of food, 10, 15min tops?), then sitting there while everyone else finishes their meals is absolute torture to me. And God forbid I'm with people (my sis and her hubby come to mind) who like to order coffee and sit and chat after they eat, maybe order a piece of pie after a little while. Please - shoot me.
    I have better things to do with 3 hours of my life than pay $13.50 for a burger at Red Robin.

Awesome...

#10322 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Maybe order a few cocktails to ease the pain.

#10323 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:I confess i cringe when friends/family suggest "Let's go out to dinner!"

Great post!

#10324 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

When I used to travel more for work I’d always sit at the bar just so I could skip all the waiting. I’d never order anything special and just ask for whatever I usually prefer. When the food came I’d hand them my credit card.

#10325 1 year ago

Amen. I love my family (what’s left of them) but I don’t want to sit around them at a restaurant for hours.

#10326 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Waitress: Are you ready to order?
    Sister in law: Oh, um, I guess we need a few more minutes.

Me:

Scream (resized).jpgScream (resized).jpg
    #10327 1 year ago

I know it’s irrational, but I cringed when I was with a group of guys and one of them ordered an ice tea “half sweet, half unsweet”. I know the server really well, and she shot me a look that just said “this fucking guy”.

And if you’re reading this as the guy who ordered that, no offense…but you need to pick a lane.

#10328 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

And God forbid I'm with people (my sis and her hubby come to mind) who like to order coffee and sit and chat after they eat, maybe order a piece of pie after a little while. Please - shoot me.

I generally enjoy going out to dinner with friends and family. Your comment reminded me of being a kid though. When my parents would sit, sip coffee and smoke for what seemed like forever afterward. Not being invested in their conversation, the waiting drove me nuts.

#10329 1 year ago

Going out for dinner is only ok if theres alot of drinking involved, imo.

#10330 1 year ago

Eatin's cheatin.

#10331 1 year ago

The old clock is dead. Long live the new clock.

I must send a strongly worded message to Stewart Sandwiches. You should get more than 49 years out of a clock I got for free.

LTG : )

DSC00780 (resized).JPGDSC00780 (resized).JPGDSC00781 (resized).JPGDSC00781 (resized).JPG
    #10332 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The old clock is dead. Long live the new clock.
    I must send a strongly worded message to Stewart Sandwiches. You should get more than 49 years out of a clock I got for free.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Probably just a fuse it's older than me dangit!
    Looks like they're still making sammiches at the same location! That's awesome

Screenshot_20230111_124918_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230111_124918_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #10333 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Probably just a fuse

There is a nut thingy that holds the big hand on. Came off at some point. If I figure something out for it. I can still use it.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Looks like they're still making sammiches at the same location!

I wonder if they'd send me a new nut thingy under warranty ?

#10334 1 year ago

Tell the story well enough they'd probably send you a new clock.

#10335 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

It's not really about the food or what it costs--it's about hanging out and socializing.

#10336 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

ice tea “half sweet, half unsweet”. I know the server really well, and she shot me a look that just said “this fucking guy”.

My wife's favorite drink. Order ice tea, half cut. Too easy.

#10337 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Tell the story well enough they'd probably send you a new clock.

I contacted them on their website.

I'll keep Pinside posted.

#10338 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's not really about the food or what it costs--it's about hanging out and socializing.

Sometimes, yes - just the same, I'd rather hang out and socialize anywhere but a restaurant, regardless of the cost. ANYWHERE.

And unfortunately, a lot of times it IS just about the food. Sometimes people just want to go out and eat because they don't feel like cooking. Or "the steak is SOOO good here...."

Go ahead, I'll stay home. My stomach doesn't know whether its filet mignon or Fruit Loops. I'll be just as full either way.

#10339 1 year ago

Here's one for Johhny. Work song.

#10340 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Here's one for Johhny. Work song.

This was my favorite work song when I was young, I had it on cassette, and my alarm clock played cassettes, so I woke up to this every morning for years.

#10341 1 year ago

Confess the is the best $20 I’ve ever spent (the LED light). Nice and bright, with a dimmer and USB recharging!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K33TGYM

D8D70C48-656C-4A53-BAA1-74966135C87B (resized).jpegD8D70C48-656C-4A53-BAA1-74966135C87B (resized).jpeg

I made a little metal base for it, for desktop soldering:
    BE1E041B-7957-41C8-ADB2-B834ACE4AECE (resized).jpegBE1E041B-7957-41C8-ADB2-B834ACE4AECE (resized).jpeg

#10342 1 year ago

I like Easter eggs.

#10343 1 year ago

Bumped my leg last night, it won't stop bleeding. Everytime i got up during the night, and again this morning it starts pouring out again. Must have nicked a vein.

You guys would have laughed to see me trying to stand up. Kept slipping over in the blood.

#10344 1 year ago

I don't think I'd laugh. Man I hope your ok!

#10345 1 year ago

Looks like a crime scene

#10346 1 year ago

Tis but a scratch, but it must have sprayed out as my other foot is covered in splatter too.

#10347 1 year ago

Any chance you are going to seek medical help for this? Hope so, may need stitches.

#10348 1 year ago

If it won't stop when i go to have my shower, possibly. First aid solution was applied this morning when i got up and it started bleeding again. See above.

I caught my leg getting up from the situp bench. just goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished

#10350 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

it won't stop bleeding.

I hope you heal fast.

There are 12,550 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-confessional/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.